It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Howdie - New Char
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:25 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

College life is still very busy but I miss this place.

Well, I was gonna go back to my old char first but seeing as though I placed too many links before the forum changed and now, all the links in my character page are dead, and I'm a lazy person, I decided to create a new character.

I ADD THIS OTHER CHARACTER THAT I'M PLANNING TO REPLACE SHIN
I remembered how bad I was in making specials.

Name: Xyzen Arcsin

Class: Ex-Priest

Deity: God (yes, THE God)
God, creator of heaven and earth: God, Allah, etc. The belief that there is only one said God that created everything, the alpha and omega. Xyzen is an atheist but he serves the Roman Catholic Church directly under the pope through an organization known as the Templar Knights. Prayers granted to the priests by this god usually involve crosses. However, while back on earth God is very powerful, on the world of Darkness Incarnate, his powers are much reduced due to the fact that no one (except Xyzen) prays for him there and that there is a different set of gods that exists on DI, and because DI is another dimension, not created by him. Xyzen however, being a vessel of God to this world, becomes the catalyst to where God sends his blessing to. Thusl, his blessings somehow affect Xyzen and the area around him.
Example of Prayer Grant: He is given by God a cross necklace. It shines bright blinding the opponent. However, he could also b blinded if he stares at it.

Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral-Good (because of his vices)
Inventory:

Dagger: A small weapon kept by many adventurers as a secondary weapon. Like all dagger-types, they're really easy to wield. Daggers have the pointy, stabby end and two blades to slash with if needed. His dagger is strapped on the back of his belt meant to be sheathed out immediately in case he needs it.

Short Sword: This sword is also known as a Gladius. It has two, sharp edges, it's fairly light, and almost as easy to use as a dagger. Its length, though, is a bit lacking. Each sword is placed on a respective sheath on each side of his hips.

Bible: A holy text dedicated to God. It is dark brown in color. A translucent silver cross is encrusted on the front cover. It is held perfectly on his left side, beside the hip and behind his short sword inside a leather bag made perfectly for the bible held by leather straps that hold is tightly on place as to not make it a hindrance when he moves.

Robe: A basic white cloth robe that gives a small amount of protection. This can be worn over many types of armor for added protection. The front of his robe has a silver cross print on it. He rarely wears his robe because he feels like a priest when he does. He keeps it however, to protect him when it rains or as a blanket. When he does take it out he usually turn it inside out so that the cross is hidden and that it would just look like a plain white robe.

Gold: -8
Pet: none
Boons List:
Skills List: God Favor, Agile Priest, Intellect, Sword Mastery

Biography:

The birth of Xyzen himself was a paradox. On a dark night, a maternity hospital was caught on fire killing nearly everyone inside. However, when the rescuers started to take out the rubble, they heard a baby crying which came from what would seem to be a giant cross from the hospital chapel that had fell down. When they removed the cross, they saw a baby. It seemed that somehow, the baby got to the chapel and the cross protected him. The Church heard about this and decided to adopt the baby thinking that perhaps God has plans for the child.

Xyzen grew up to become one of the most intelligent priests and what would have seemed favored by God. He was placed in an exorcism group that fights demons and the like that had reached earth and banish them to eternal damnation.

However, as priest, Xyzen was filled with vices – smoking, drinking, women, and drugs - and was constantly pushed into sin. When the clergy could no longer tolerate this, he was dismissed from being a priest. However, God’s grace still favored him.

Wondering around, he found a portal and stumbled upon the world of darkness incarnate.

Physical Description:

--Height: 5’11
--Weight: 164 pounds
--Eyes: Black. A bright silver cross appears on each pupil when he prays.
--Hair: Black with a tint of brown
--Skin: Fair
--Special Markings: A silvery-black cross tattoo on his right scalpel (top right of his back)
--Special Traits: He has many vices and is usually seen with a cigarette in hand
--Dress: Black polo long sleeves with matching pants. The back of his sleeves has a translucent silver cross. Also, at the end of each sleeve is a small silver cross trinket. He rarely wears his robe.

Boons:

Skills Description:

God’s Favor [Racial]
Xyzen, from the day he was born had been granted the favor of God. Despite so, he admits being only human and gives in into earthly temptations easily. However, when he prays from the heart, it is like a complete change of attitude – nearly a second personality similar to that of a beautiful angel singing in God’s grace (except for some inappropriate words that angels or any other catholic in the right mind when praying won’t use). With that, a bright silver cross appears on his pupils when he prays. His prayers are slightly stronger than it normally is.

Tactical Prodigy [Weak]
Always three steps ahead of the opponent - that was the key to battle. Since birth, Xyzen’s have always had a brain that could process information at a faster rate than normal. Having that gift in battle, he can create/prepare faster for/against an attack than normal humans could.

Agility [Weak]
Demons, unlike ghouls, are relatively fast. It was hard to catch up with them specially when fighting against them one on one, or when the priests are still praying to God to grant them speed. Through such experience, Xyzen had gained a boost in agility usually to match up with these demonic entities. Although when he was dismissed of being a priest he lost most of his battle prowess, he is still slightly more agile than ordinary priests or humans.

Sword Wielding [Medium]
To fight against demons, ghouls, evil spirits and the like, Xyzen was trained in the art of combat. There, he was taught how to wield a sword. Xyzen has become greatly proficient in wielding one-handed swords.

Custom Inventory:

--------------------------------

--Battle Records--

Wins:
Ties:
Losses:

Battle Listing:

Quote:
Class: Samurai
Alignment: Neutral
Inventory: Leather armor (with basic leather gloves), tachi(I would prefer a katana... do I have to use my gold or can I just convert this tachi into a katana? IMO though, a katana would be a more preferable starter for a samurai than a tachi since it has a samurai-only-one-hand-carry ability)
Gold: 4
Specials/Spells List: Feint Spray, Heavy Downpour, Expedite Blade
Skills List: Tactical Prodigy, Surviving Will, Butterfly Feet, 3rd Sight
Biography:

Will be working on it when I have some time.

Physical Description:
--Eyes: Black with a tint of brown
--Hair: Black, not too long, not too short and quite untidy
--Special Markings: None
--Special Traits: none
--Dress: Black long sleeves paired with black pants, both just right for his size as to not hinder any of his movements. His shoes are of dark brown that matches his eyes. Leather straps can be seen on his belt made to hold his weapon/s.

Specials Description:

Feint Spray [Flourish - Medium] [3x]
Sword in hand held on the opposite side, the arm crossed, Xyzen moves towards his opponent on what would seem to be an ordinary slash. However, as the opponent ready to guard from such attack, the sword is quickly transferred to his other hand to strike at a different location.

Quote:
“You’re a dead man…” spoke the sword master proudly as he gave the swordsman his chance to attack, a chance which the pompous warrior thought to be his opponent’s last. Unshaken, the samurai changed his stance – left hand carrying the sword crossed over towards his right side, feet apart. In a sudden rush of motion he dashed towards the opponent. “I can see through your attack, kid” spoke the sword master as he raised his katana to block the sword that was approaching his head. Then, in a flourished motion, the sword was transferred to his right hand and with one fluid strike - he slashed towards the man’s stomach, blade running across, slicing the sword master’s armor, cutting through fat and muscle. He didn’t even had chance to block as he was rendered surprised by his opponent.

Heavy Downpour [Weak] [3x]
With a jump higher than normal, he places his feet along the opposite side of the sword, body bent, as it ascends towards the opponent. With either hand holding the handle, he is able to turn the position of the blade while maintaining the tip of the sword at the bottom without changing direction while in mid-air.

Expedite Blade [Weak] [4x]
In a sudden burst of arm-strength, Xyzen’s weapon (the one he is carrying) moves moderately faster than normal. (4x per battle)

Skills Description:

Tactical Prodigy [Racial]
Always three steps ahead of the opponent - that was the key to battle. Since birth, Xyzen’s have always had a brain that could process information at a faster rate than normal. Having that gift in battle, he can create/prepare faster for/against an attack than normal humans could.

Surviving Will [Weak]
The battlefield is a very hard place to live constantly - punishing the body and pushing it to its limits. However, through such baptism in fire, his body could survive pain or punishment longer than ordinary mages/humans could. [Weak]

Butterfly feet [Weak]
Not always would blocking an attack be the most suitable action in a certain situation. Sometimes, evading an attack gives more advantage. Xyzen, having this skill, has an increased ability in dodging attacks.

3rd Sight [Medium]
Being completely one with himself and the environment, he gains a somewhat 6th sense, also known as a 3rd sight, over his surroundings. He can somewhat feel movement within an area around him (about 6-7 feet) similar to that of a radar which gives him rather a rough 3-dimensional projection of moving objects around him. The radius of his radar could increase to a maximum of 9 feet if he closes his eyes.

--Battle Records--

Wins:
Ties:
Losses:

Battle Listing:

Yes, It's been almost a year and all... so please be kind ^^

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17682

Last edited by grad on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Howdie - New Char
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:42 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Quote:
Class: Samurai
Alignment: Neutral
Inventory: Leather armor (with basic leather gloves), tachi(I would prefer a katana... do I have to use my gold or can I just convert this tachi into a katana? IMO though, a katana would be a more preferable starter for a samurai than a tachi since it has a samurai-only-one-hand-carry ability)
Gold: 4
Specials/Spells List: Feint Spray, Heavy Downpour, Expedite Blade
Skills List: Tactical Prodigy, Surviving Will, Butterfly Feet, 3rd Sight
Biography:

Will be working on it when I have some time.

Physical Description:
--Eyes: Black with a tint of brown
--Hair: Black, not too long, not too short and quite untidy
--Special Markings: None
--Special Traits: none
--Dress: Black long sleeves paired with black pants, both just right for his size as to not hinder any of his movements. His shoes are of dark brown that matches his eyes. Leather straps can be seen on his belt made to hold his weapon/s.

Specials Description:

Feint Spray [Flourish - Medium] [3x]
Sword in hand held on the opposite side, the arm crossed, Xyzen moves towards his opponent on what would seem to be an ordinary slash. However, as the opponent ready to guard from such attack, the sword is quickly transferred to his other hand to strike at a different location.

Seems that a recurring theme here is difficult to understand attacks. Please, try to clean them up.

Heavy Downpour [Weak] [3x]
With a jump higher than normal, he places his feet along the opposite side of the sword, body bent, as it ascends towards the opponent. With either hand holding the handle, he is able to turn the position of the blade while maintaining the tip of the sword at the bottom without changing direction while in mid-air.

As above

Expedite Blade [Weak] [4x]
In a sudden burst of arm-strength, Xyzen’s weapon (the one he is carrying) moves moderately faster than normal. (4x per battle)

Four seems a tad much. Three would be fine, although a bit more description would be lovely as well.

Skills Description:

Tactical Prodigy [Racial]

Surviving Will [Weak]
The battlefield is a very hard place to live constantly - punishing the body and pushing it to its limits. However, through such baptism in fire, his body could survive pain or punishment longer than ordinary mages/humans could. [Weak]

Butterfly feet [Weak]
Not always would blocking an attack be the most suitable action in a certain situation. Sometimes, evading an attack gives more advantage. Xyzen, having this skill, has an increased ability in dodging attacks.

3rd Sight [Medium]
Being completely one with himself and the environment, he gains a somewhat 6th sense, also known as a 3rd sight, over his surroundings. He can somewhat feel movement within an area around him (about 6-7 feet) similar to that of a radar which gives him rather a rough 3-dimensional projection of moving objects around him. The radius of his radar could increase to a maximum of 9 feet if he closes his eyes.

For this to be always on seems a bit much. Prescience has it's time and place, but for this to work constantly, I'd push for a strong.

--Battle Records--

Wins:
Ties:
Losses:

Battle Listing:

All in all, add more description.

Also, several of your specials are very difficult to understand, try to explain them a bit clearer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:00 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

We can retrieve old information.
Though it's not normaly nessecary.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:25 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Location: vonTelsa's Roggle agrees that everything can be dodged. Even if extreme measures are required.
I am saddened that the man who inspired me to become a summoner is leaving this life behind. Your character has and will be give me a few ideas for and skills and speacial selections that I have for the future. Thanks for the inspiration!

P.S.
You going to use that awesome scythe before you officially retire Shin. It was a pretty nifty one :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:46 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Grad is ditching Shin because the guilt of murdering my poor innocent elf was just too much for him :-p

Stopped.
http://www.maganicwars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14942

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:27 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

I was just thinking last night... and decided I wanted to use Shin first to the fullest since I have never tried it yet.

So, oSo, I'm taking back my scythe and then would be wanting a battle, or a training battle if I require one, in the very near future.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:29 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

S'all yours, pal.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:38 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

grad wrote:
So, oSo, I'm taking back my scythe and then would be wanting a battle, or a training battle if I require one, in the very near future.

of_shattered_origins wrote:
S'all yours, pal.

Ha! And you thought I was just being funny! : P

@grad: Do you want me to be your mod-deity?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:45 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

leboyX wrote:

No offense, LBX, but... is... that allowed for you? Isn't there a specific rule against THAT in that 'ole book of yours?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:53 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

leboyX wrote:

Well, I've decided to have fun with Shin for a bit. Maybe when the day comes when I would finally use that, my reserve character. Hehehehe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:54 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Thank you for that.

We put a lot of effort into your PQ prize... so, at least give it a test run before you kill Shin. =P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:56 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Hehe. Lol. Yah, I guess your right. Now, I'm just looking for someone to battle(destroy) to test this nifty things out.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:16 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

I'm too scared to fight you Grad. You killed me before! :shock:

Stopped.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:19 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Ahh... don't be like that. You're no longer a mage, ayt? Now you're a big and strong warrior ^^ It wouldn't be that easy to kill you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:39 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Heh, fair enough...unless I got swallowed by a friggin ginormous alligator :-p

Stopped.