It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: So, what are we waiting for?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:16 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!
I feel like this little jump of activity isn't enough. We need some form of momentum that will really get us back on track. But what? A little hope for revival lasted a month or so, but in order for us to fully commit, there's something that just has to be done first.

Are we waiting for the next big patch to come out?

Are we waiting for a few of our other oldies to come back?

Are we waiting for an old or new mod?

I feel it'd be beneficial to try to at least address a problem so that we may start working towards it. It may be a combination of multiple things, but I'd like to try to discuss these issues.

leboyX wrote:
and then pounce on them. To make sure they know we're dead.

Post subject: Re: So, what are we waiting for?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:15 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

You really hit the nail on the head, DDR. I've been feeling the same way. The momentum from a dozen or so of us showing up has worn off. I for one am getting tired of just cleaning up all the stupid bots posting on the forums. Over the course of a weekend, 5 - 10 bots can crop up.

We basically need activity, which means more [active] member participating in the community. BDF and I have the only real battle, and I even struggle to keep up w/ that due to how my and my wife's work schedule is right now. As a mod, I can help by regulating members and what they do. But, I don't have that b/c no one's here.

I don't remember who, but someone suggested that we open the site up to some more public advertising and various forum-based-game sites to try and raise awareness around DI. If we did that, though, I'd probably need another mod (new or old) to help manage stuff if we suddenly got an influx of members.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:43 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

I've been hovering the site waiting for MSS to post, but i think I have to bite that bullet and find another person. Anyone think they can do a 3 day limit battle? I know i can hold up my end.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:17 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

I have been checking the site daily for replies from my two ongoing things, but neither of them have had the time to post. If this had come up while I was still at home I would have jumped at the opportunity for a friendly match or something, but I'm in the States all month, so I'll have limited access to posting :(

"Little solace comes to those who grieve/When thoughts keep drifting, when walls keep shifting/And this great blue world of ours seems like a house of leaves/Moments before the wind." ~House of Leaves

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:14 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!
THE BOTS

leboyX wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:55 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

So...many...

Should be able to clean it all up at lunch. Wish I could have one of those "prove you're not a bot" checks when they create an account.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:50 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Swear to god...why are there even so many?

There weren't anywhere near as many when we were actually a fully active site...

"Little solace comes to those who grieve/When thoughts keep drifting, when walls keep shifting/And this great blue world of ours seems like a house of leaves/Moments before the wind." ~House of Leaves

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:45 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

If we wish to continue DI, we may need to move. Managing all these bots is really getting out of hand.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:25 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

For those of you w/ inactive accounts, let me know. I did a bulk removal of all the bots, but I may have inadvertently grabbed real people as well. I'll try to reinstate you as soon as I know you are.

I'll look into DDR and DTK.

EDIT: Yeah, so I'm a big idiot. I've basically deactivated almost everyone's account. DDR and DTK have been fixed - I'm working on enabling all your accounts again by fishing you out of all the bots.

EDIT EDIT: Alright- I think I've reactived ~100 accounts that should still be active (even if the human actually backing them hasn't been around for a while). If any of you experience problems w/ your account, please contact me and I'll reactivate you. Sorry for my idiocy...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:04 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Much beter, thanks Leboy.

Now back to the question at hand.. where would we move to and who would pay for the hosting site?

(If I hadn't just moved out on my own and wasn't so strapped for cash I'd volunteer.. if we do end up moving and need somewhere to go I can probably pay for it.. just gotta allocate the resources.)

Stop being the prisoner of your past, become the architect of your future.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:32 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Leboy going mad. D: Thanks for your hard work heh

leboyX wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:01 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

If we were to have someone setup/buy a server, I'd want there to be more interest in DI and a more active community. Else, it's not really worth your while.

This might also be a good time to revamp the classes if we want to and open up our doors to more people by advertising for DI on any of the other forum-based game sites you guys know about. If people start actively visiting and participating, that'd help justify putting more time into maintaining the community.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:58 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

I'll be honest I don't think revamping the classes is going to help much.. I'll be even more forward with thinking that the classes we have are fine. THey're balanced, they work well, we have a large range from low to high difficulty in playing, I think we just need more diversity. We have alot of classes with not alot of people. We have the framework but nobody t work it with. Most of the people currently playing have been here for years. I think we need new blood. I think advertising will be our best. A facebook page would also be within our best interest, leading to a higher connectivity between members. THat's another thing I think we lack in our community (at least maybe since I've noticed) is that we don't really communicate outside of DI very much, aside from the few of us who play this with our friends. Maybe building a stronger community bond would help us keep members around and give old ones incentive to come back?

I'm going to start creating posters and putting them up at my college on the bulletins. And put it in the college newspaper. I'll get my Leage of Legends friends into it too. But maybe a new moderator is in order since most of the old ones are out of comission for some reason?

Stop being the prisoner of your past, become the architect of your future.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:00 am 

Leboyx could you please reactivate Chase's Account,

And maybe post a comment in the MA suggestion :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:21 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Khan, Chase is currently active.

I'll get to the suggestion...I promise. Seriously.