It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: So, what are we waiting for?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:42 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

I'd just like to kind of repeat what I said in the suggestions page a while back. It'd be great if we could have some sort of activity that we could do daily that could help progress our character, even if it's miniscule. Since I posted my battle request on July 7th I have had almost no reason whatsoever to post aside from just chatting or posting random stories (which I'm going to start doing if I can't get a battle, lol). I'm sure more members would alleviate the wait between activities, but maybe there could be something productive members could do every day that isn't gamebreaking or that requires strict moderation?

This is, of course, assuming that we move locations or begin advertising or something. I signed up for the battles and character creation, so if the site stays the way it is I won't be bailing or anything.

Also, thanks for unlocking my account, haha.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:50 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Yay no longer inactive. Btw, WHO WANTS A BATTLE!

I really want someone who can do the three day limit, as I sure can.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:23 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Given the second resurgence of people on the site, I feel it's been almost long enough to call time on one of my events...

I would have decent connection and potentially time to have a friendly match with someone starting now, but if my opponent has not returned by the start of the new month, I will be calling my battle then and looking to start a new one. Despite desperately wanting something of mine to actually finish for the first time in years, I still feel bad about calling the end of something that's been sitting around for as long as it has.

Nonetheless. If Az has not returned by October, I will be back in the pool for fights; perhaps we can conclude the fight or shift it into an RP at a later date.

"Little solace comes to those who grieve/When thoughts keep drifting, when walls keep shifting/And this great blue world of ours seems like a house of leaves/Moments before the wind." ~House of Leaves

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:47 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

LSS: You might want to just call it now. I haven't see Az on here in quite a while.

I'm trying to get my battle w/ BDF going again. I let that go well longer than it should have. Considering I have so much computer time at work, it really is a wonder why I can't post w/in the three day limit. I'll try harder, BDF (if you're still here...)!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:13 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

@Chase I know we mightve battled in the past but let me finish my current character creation and have it approved and I'll take you up on your offer. I can stick to the 3-day limit and you can always harass me via email/facebook if I'm not posting xD

No comment to the additional moderator, LBX? It seems as though you are the only active one and perhaps it is time for new disciples in the block?

Also, I got positive interest in joining from a few of my friends.. now I've just got to bully them to get off their lazy asses and get to a character. :D

Stop being the prisoner of your past, become the architect of your future.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:09 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

I have a couple of old friends who've been here before who I may be able to shanghai back into some sort of action if we do really get the ball rolling again. Crossed fingers and all that.

"Little solace comes to those who grieve/When thoughts keep drifting, when walls keep shifting/And this great blue world of ours seems like a house of leaves/Moments before the wind." ~House of Leaves

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:54 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

I haven't seen any bots in a while. It seems like the new test may be working.

To be honest dtknight, I was kind of hoping I could fight lord saw saw when he puts his current battle to bed. I never have yet, so it will be a fresh match up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:06 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

dtknight345 wrote:
No comment to the additional moderator, LBX? It seems as though you are the only active one and perhaps it is time for new disciples in the block?

I've been turning over in my head whether to appoint a new mod or not. For one thing, no one else seems to be quite as active as I am. I troll this forum all day watching for posts and responding as needed. (I'm a bit more flaky on the weekends, mostly b/c they're my days off). For another thing, there's only...10 or 12 of us "active" right now. Another mod with so few people seems a bit overkill...for now.

I'd be more in favor of appointing a new mod - and figuring out who that mod should be - when activity here picks up again.

Chase wrote:
I haven't seen any bots in a while. It seems like the new test may be working.

Indeed, you have not! I've received over 40 "new member" emails, all of which were for bots. I delete them as they come in, so the forum stays clean. Since the bots are so well in hand now (crosses fingers), I'm not nearly as overwhelmed with things to do here. I can concentrate mostly on my modding duties.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:25 am 

Mod away! :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:58 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

I'll get to finishing my character then, I was trying to spare you more Mod duties since the bots had become so commonplace.

Your mod comment seems reasonable. (It's all okay we know you're dictator-general-major-sir.)

Stop being the prisoner of your past, become the architect of your future.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:34 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!
I'll be quite honest, I have kind of been waiting for a full retirement system to be fleshed out. I really want to see what potential my Druid could have with more development. Aside from that, college and work have been "modestly" (50-60 hour work week + five courses, one being online) kicking my ass.

leboyX wrote:
and then pounce on them. To make sure they know we're dead.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:10 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

I'll keep that in mind then, DDR. I'm sorry for not addressing the system sooner. Maybe w/ Khan's help, we can pump something out this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:29 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!
It's quite alright, it took me a while to realize that I actually wanted to retire Tyzrk, and I know everyone is cramped with busy work right now. Maybe I'd like to do a battle with Opal soon after approval, but I would also have to wait for the right time to begin one. If any new suggestions for the patch get posted up, I will lurk and rant on what I find words for, as always!

leboyX wrote:
and then pounce on them. To make sure they know we're dead.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:21 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

On the subject of retirement, yet on a slightly different nature, I've felt for a long time that the fact that temporary absences have been the breaking point of my few really promising RPs (and indeed it looks like my current one too), and it leads to a SERIOUS discontinuity issue with my character.

I'd like to put forward an inkling of a suggestion that you and the newly bemodded Khan might have a look at potentially allowing battles and RPs to be put on hiatus until the return of an opponent, rather than forcing them to be ended to find a new opponent for a rewards worthy battle? I'd have loved to actually finish some of the battles and RPs that I've been forced to end due to inactivity, and while obviously it can't be allowed for a person to be writing more than one battle or rp at the same time, but I'd like to be allowed to go back to paused ones if/when the inactive people return...

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:17 am 

In a way I would say this can already be done. Depending on how far along the battle is, if a battle went for say 8 posts before someone up and disappeared personally I wouldn't have a probably with you just continuing it at a later date using those first few posts as your beginning. However once you start getting into the higher post counts then you would have to actually end it. That's just my take on it though.

On RP though, it was my impression that an RP was judged purely on content and had no time restriction between posts unless you set it up yourself. There are numerous examples of someone being in multiple RP's at the same time so if one temporarily dies I don't see anything stopping you from continuing it as if nothing had happened.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next