It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Master Class(I'm a copycat)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:34 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Edge Walker

Since his return to the world of the living, the magic energy flowing through Vius' body has slowly been changing him and how he interacts with his warlock powers. The silver medal he received in the tournament was the final component that acted as a catalyst, fully unlocking the dark powers Akmun imbued him with. By embracing that darkness inside of him, Vius is able to manipulate the flipside of his own light-based warlock powers. Furthermore, he has become a true undead, a creature of the night, able to see perfectly with only the light of the moon to guide him. His blood has slowed almost to a stop, granting him resistance to the effects of poison and disease. Magic sustains him now and his black blood glows softly, affected by the strange energy inside of him.

So, in the future Vius can get spells from the Shadow tree, he has low light vision and slight resistance to bleeding, poison and disease(they are not as effective while they last though they still last their regular number of posts). Is good?

Post subject: Re: Master Class(I'm a copycat)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:40 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Seems fine to me. Maybe flesh it out a bit more, though, just for the sake of detail. But you're basically gaining access to the other half of your class (like cross-classing, but slightly different), which normal characters aren't able to do. This seems fine.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:43 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

How should I flesh it out? Should I expand on the blood properties or should I add something? Yoz and I went back and forth abou this for a little while and I had am pretty happy with where this master class is but I know it's lacking something, I'm just not sure what.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:06 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Maybe I need to read up a bit more on your character. I'll go over your char sheet and post back some more refined comments.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:53 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!
I like the self-cross classing idea. XD It takes an idea with wacky potential and makes it potentially very, very concentrated, potent, and dangerous. A permanent Twilight, among with buffing what already made you good, it seems.

I should do one of these. Huehuehue...

leboyX wrote:
and then pounce on them. To make sure they know we're dead.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:33 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Hey, just checking in so you know I'm still here, lbx. I know you got a lot on your plate so no rush.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:05 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Upon reading further in Vius' character, I think this advanced class looks fine.

However, one thing I'd like to discuss a bit is how "he has become a true, undead, creature of the night". One implication of this is he should become less fatigued over time, as the undead do not require rest, nor do they ever tire. Is your intention truly to hybridize Vius' race into the undead sector, or is this more flavor text?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:38 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

That's exactly what I intend to do eventually. In fact, an early draft of this class leaned much more heavily on the undead theme and not be affected by fatigue was one of the abilities I wanted to take. That won't be a problem, will it?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:00 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Gaining access to the other side of your class and acquiring the undead's knack for limitless energy it a little much for an advanced class. I wouldn't mind granting you the ability to pursue such a skill in the future, using this advanced class as the justification (or catalyst) for such a skill.

If you want this ability rolled into your advanced class, it's going to need some weakness too. Frailty. Tendency to stay out of the light. Muscular weakness. Something to help offset this permanent attached to your character.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:05 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

There's the problem with wording. He is still in the process of becoming undead and the line was more to make it a catalyst for later abilities while granting him low light vision, a slight resistance to disease, poison and bleeding. However, the wording can be changed from "He has becom true undead" to "he grows closer to becoming a true undead" so that it's clear that he is undead by definition but he is not quite there as far as abilities.

The line "magic sustains him" was more of a flavor text in that he doesn't eat food, he gains sustenance by using his magic but it shouldn't manifest in-game unless someone has a hunger spell or something. Even then, he would feel a need to access his magic more and more rather than get something to eat so it would still have some negative effect.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:17 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

jodai wrote:
There's the problem with wording. He is still in the process of becoming undead and the line was more to make it a catalyst for later abilities while granting him low light vision, a slight resistance to disease, poison and bleeding. However, the wording can be changed from "He has becom true undead" to "he grows closer to becoming a true undead" so that it's clear that he is undead by definition but he is not quite there as far as abilities.

That sounds a lot better. With those clarifications, I can officially approve you. : )