It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ryth the Awakener (Psionicist)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:05 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Name: Ryth the Awakener.
Class: Psionicist
Race: Demi-Human (Human)
Alignment: Neutral
Inventory: a walking stick, a robe, and reinforced denim pants.
Gold: 3
Biography: Ryth is part of a race of demi-humans(appear human but arent) called Kwyleks, Kwyleks are unknown to the world of Di because they are not from DI. They live in a parallel universe and have recently as a race, discovered transdimensional travel. The Kwyleks have begun exploration into separate universes by sending out explorers. Ryth himself was the scout sent here to the world of DI, and is documenting all he can of the world he has been sent to.
Kwyleks first started to understand that there were multiple universes when their ulvarias and roggles and other wildlife on their planet began mysteriously disappearing through what appeared to be wormholes.
Ryth's alignment is neutral because he was not sent to Di to destroy it, but only to learn about it. Nevertheless Ryth is constantly being attacked by citizens of Di, because to them he looks like a ghostly representation of their own self, come to bring them to death (see skill Rift Walker). It is still unknown what effect these attacks could have on Ryth, whether he feels the attacks are mere miss communications or more deliberate attacks could surely change his outlook regarding the world of DI...

Physical Description:
--Height: 5' 10"
--Weight: 140
--Eyes: Ryth does not see the same way humans do, although he can see the world around him very well, his face does not have any normal human features or senses.
--Hair: blue
--Skin: pale white
--Special Markings: Covered in black, blue, and red, otherworldly tattoos all over his body. However this is his actual body, which most of the time will be found underneath his present doppleganger form.
--Special Traits:
--Dress:

Spells, or Specials, or Summons, or Seals, etc Description:

Telekinesis: The psionicist uses psychic power to control an object.
This class skill allows them to manipulate and control an object from a distance, so long as it is not being held by another person.
While only limited by the mental strength of the caster, the speed in which telekinesis can move the target object is based directly on the object's size and weight.
The bigger and heavier it is, the slower it will move. 5x per battle

Augmented Control: An additional ability of the Psionicist class is their enhanced manipulation of their spells.
By consuming a use of Telekinesis, they can effectively increase the power behind some of their techniques. If a spell has an intended effect, using 1x of Telekinesis while casting it can moderately increase its strength or extend its duration by 1 post. However, this ability only works for certain spells: Prism, Psychic Bolt, Psylash, Unseen Strength, Telekinetic Blast, Time Slow, Illusions of Grandeur, Psychic Barrier, Blast Wave, and Psychic Barrage. Certain spells require a varying number of consumed uses; those spells have special instructions within their description.(not a spell, just copied from psionicist sheet for reference purposes)

Psylash: The psionicist throws an arc of telekinetic energy towards their opponent. Upon contact, it acts more like a sword-slash than a normal psychic attack. This spell takes a moderate amount of time to cast. [Weak/Medium/Psionics] 2x per battle

Psychic Bolt: The psionicist creates and fires a small orb of telekinetic force aimed at their opponent. It hits like a fist-sized stone, dealing a small amount of blunt-type damage. This spell takes only a small amount of time to cast. [Weak/Fast/Psionics] 4x per battle

Unseen Strength: The psionicist uses psychic energy to momentarily augment their strength. The boost is moderate and only lasts a fraction of a single post (allowing only one defensive or offensive action)... but it helps to land a good hit upon an opponent. This spell can be used instantly. [Weak/Instant/Psionics] 2x per battle

Skills Description:
Talking images: Ryth excels primarily in the area of rift walking and manipulation and Ryth can use the rift to conjure up small images (1-2 feet in size) depicting his thoughts to people around him. He can use it to recreate an image of anything he sees(or has seen in the past including things from his own world), although at all times it is only that, an image. (weak)

Shifting presence: Ryth's spectral projection of his opponent onto himself tends to shift around slightly in an irregular pattern, this could make it difficult for someone far away to pinpoint his exact location. This spectral body shifting gives Ryth an above average ability to avoid ranged projectile attacks (not spells). (Medium)

Racial abilities:
Advantages:
-Human adaptation skill: This is a skill that is based off of one of a few things: Prior profession, prior habitat, prior hobbies. This skill is freelance, which allows the use of one's biography to buff their character. Also, adding weaknesses to the skill increase its effect.

Rift walker: Ryth's body is humanoid in form, but Can manipulate the Rift around him to do many different things. It is his means of concealing his true identity and he accomplishes this by transposing someone else;s visage onto himself. He can change who he looks like at any time, but at all times he will look like someone from Di and not like himself or someone from his own world. Although Ryth's aim is to look completely human, he has not been able to perfectly imitate humans, his skin looks much more pale than a humans skin should look, if you were to look at him you would say his face looked grey. Also the rift continually shadows around him, which gives the appearance of black and blue wisps of air that wash around him rising up from his feet. It is this rift that allows him to do his current psionicist abilities and will also be the means of executing further abilities when they are attained.

Disadvantages:

-Jack of All Trades, Master of None: The human is proficient at everything, but can never be the absolute best. Dwarven fighters will always be more proficient fighters, High elf wizards will always be more proficient wizards, Orcs more proficient Berserkers.. etc.

Otherworldly intelligence: Ryth is not from this world, and therefore has a difficult time understanding the languages of DI and cannot speak any of them.

Last edited by koko_menoso on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Ryth the Awakener (Psionicist)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:40 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!
Great to hear you're back in the fray.

Your character looks really interesting. I love the concept! I don't know when the Retirement system would be approved (or if you'd wish to wait that long), but I would be delighted to battle you with my new proposed character.

Nature versus Supernatural... or something like that :D

leboyX wrote:
and then pounce on them. To make sure they know we're dead.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:01 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Ryth, if he could understand you, would prefer the term "otherworldly" :P

and if its a rematch you are proposing, albeit with completely new characters and years after our previous battle.

I accept.

(pending character approval :D)

and as far as retirement goes, I'm not going to worry about it, if ssk can travel from one characters body to the next and then back to a previous one, and then make another new one and then back again.... im sure me having kronk and this character, and you having tyzrk and your new character, under the assumption that we wont be using both of them at the same time... wont be much of a problem.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:54 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Did you rename your skills recently?

I'm having difficulty finding a Doppelganger skill.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:00 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

ahem yes i did, i changed the name of doppleganger to rift walker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:50 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

I think this character would be interesting to have running around, if only for the havoc it would cause.

Imagine Ryth burning down an orphanage in Tyzrk's form... or in Jaedin's form. It's interesting.

But it's... not easily approved. It has a lot of potential for abuse. Especially conjuring images. I understand it is mostly for flavor... but...

*sigh*

I don't want you to ruin your story, but I'm curious why you want this character. Especially with abilities that gives an old moderator like me headaches to try and balance out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:14 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!
Ahem! He can only change into mere humans. Tyzrk's slate stays clean... or at least, safe from framery. =P

I would say that being able to "almost" perfectly imitate a human's look would be a big enough hint to give him away from a vision distance of 5-10 meters. Anything that is "almost" human-like in quality attributes to the "uncanny valley", where it looks creepy/repulsive to other humans. His failure to perfect his guises will pretty much creep the fuck out of anyone that knows what a (normal) human looks like (and minds). Of course, farther than 10 meters, like in situations where battles may occur, sight may be limited enough to block out such details.

So I understand the conflict.

In fact, it's not looking like someone else that's the problem. What I think is easily abuse-able is being able to change looks at any given moment. Imagine fighting someone in a forest then they run behind a tree and you chase after them only to find a (more helpless looking) girl/child/homeless man or whatever. Whether or not you believe the guise, the moment of hesitation and confusion would be enough time for him to stab you with his... walking stick? I believe maybe that should be limited to a single form in the span of a battle. Or else it'd be pretty ridiculous from there.

Also, is there a limit to your Talking Images, or is that something you want negotiation for?

leboyX wrote:
and then pounce on them. To make sure they know we're dead.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:17 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Well put, DDR.

I forgot all about the uncanny valley theory. You're spot on-- the dude would just end up creeping people out.

Also, I think your suggestion for once a battle would be fine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:58 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

I think i would propose this, which was more to what i was thinking anyway would be that i could only change my look to anyone i could actually see from where i was, which in a one on one battle would more often than not only be my opponent.

and the talking images thing i was hoping i could change into anything, but in every case it would only be an image and wouldnt be able to cause any damage at all.

also i would probablt end up changing the word from "human" to something more appropriate, because my intention was to mimic al lthe races of di not just one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:13 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

I think im actually gonna scrap this guy, and go with my necromancer, hes already been approved so i can jump right into fighting and whatnot, and i just looked over his sheet and i forgot how cool he was when i made him. as fun as this guy would be... well theyd both be fun to play, but i can only play one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:36 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Oh. That makes this easy then. Good luck, friend. And welcome back.