It is currently Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: GREAT FREE GAME FOR MWO FANS
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:49 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

Hi everyone,

I've been enjoying the Maganic Wars series for over 2 years now and like many others I'm patiently awaiting the multiplayer release.

I've come across a great game similar to Maganic Wars as it is a turn-based multiplayer collectible card game.
The game is named Kongai and can be found at Kongregate.com (a free game site with several enjoyable games)
at the following link:
[url]
http://www.kongregate.com/cards[/url]

The game is free and the cards can be earned simply by winning matches against human opponents or completing one of the two bi-weeekly card challenges

The game involves 20 caracters divided into 4 classes and 26 items. As mentionned it is a turn based game where the player must use either a 3 or 5 card deck (that you can customize or use randomly). Each caracter can be equipped with items providing different effects as well. Each caracter has 4 different attacks wich are one of three types (physical, light magic or dark magic) and different resistances for each type of attack as well. During combat players can switch team members in order to effectivly fight their opponent. Each attack has different damage and energy costs so carefully choosing wich attacks to use or when to switch players is the key to the game. To make things more interesting there are two ranges to choose from when battling, either close or far range wich also cost energy. Some caracters are better up close, others afar and some do well from both ranges.

A player who is playing for the first time will be asked to make their account and choose their 3 starter cards (caracters). From that point on cards can be earned as mentionned above. You can also purchase them if you wish to do so but i have found it more challenging to 'earn' them.

Their are ranked and unranked matches as well as a practice mode against the game's 'Kong-bot' or a.i. if u prefer. There are also detailed instructions on all aspects of the game wich i recommend a newcomer should get familiar with before playing.

Fans of MWO will most likely love this game because of the in depth stategy and wit involved in playing. See for yourselves and feel free to post any comments here regarding your game playing experience. Enjoy ;)

Last edited by selfmademan on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: GREAT GAME FOR MWO FANS
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:23 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

I've played Kongai, and I really enjoy it.

I only need about 5 or so cards to have all of the cards.