It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Stolatos, the homeless aromatherapist / fairy killer.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:50 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Name: Stolatos Stormcloud
Class: Mystic
Race: Kiltharr
Alignment: Neutral
Patron Deity: Sarkasmós
Inventory: Ch'taith, Switchblade Katars, Shurikens (5), 6,999,999,978 paper seals.
Gold: 0

Seals
Densify- Hardens whatever it is attached to, making it more resistant to minor blunt damage, or offering a person's entire body a minor resistance to blunt damage for 2 posts. (Weak seal, 2x per battle) (Smells like coconut when activated)

Deflection: Hardens whatever it is attached to, making minor slashing damage slide off without cutting easier, or offering a person's entire body a minor resistance to slashing damage for 2 posts. (Weak seal, 2x per battle) (Smells like watermelon when activated)

Equilibrium Burst- When activated, it effects the equilibrium of whomever it is attached to, making it extremely difficult for them to maintain their balance for 2 posts, especially when on tricky terrain. (Weak seal, 3x per battle) (Smells like strawberry when activated)

Tremor: Although typically placed on the ground, this seal can be placed on numerous things and provide different effects. This instant seal triggers a small, 3'-ish wide quake onto whatever it is attached to. On the ground, it would shake violently often splintering the earth in a circular pattern. On an opponent, it might throw them back and leave them with a strong to moderate amount of disorientation. [Medium seal, 2x per battle] (Smells like rhubarb when activated)

Kitty Teleport (Delayed action) - After placing the seal somewhere, Stolatos can activate it [by doing something] to instantly be teleported back to wherever the seal was placed. This seal cannot be placed on an opponent. (Medium, 2x) (Totally smells like brimstone when activated)

Gravitational Seal - When activated, increases the gravity of everything within 6 feet in any direction from the seal by 200% for 3 posts. (Medium, 1x) (Smells like Freshly cooked waffles when activated)

Skills
Telluric link- Stolatos has spent a long time longing for a home(Paragraph 2, bio), and that has given him a special connection to the earth, giving him the ability to use its latent power in his seals. (medium, catalyst)

Acute aim- After years of practice (paragraph 2, bio), Stolatos has developed a better aim with thrown and shooting weapons. Although not on par with the skill of a ranger, he has better then average accuracy. (Weak)

The strength of memories - The crystal in Stolatos' chest has definetally changed things for the kiltharr. Along with showing him some memories of the past - though they are apparently from someone else's past - it also slightly augmented his muscles, increasing his overall strength by a small amount. (weak)

Increased Intelligence: Accessing the memories of the shard in his chest has also given Stolatos some other things, and he's learning more and more about it. His latest breakthrough was the crystal somehow makeing him more intelligent and making his mind quicker. As such, his reaction time is a bit faster, and he's less susceptible to tricks or anything else that preys on the weak minded. (Medium)

Dual Wield - Stolatos has spent some time training with a large weapon in his offhand, making him better then average (good enough to not hurt himself while doing it). (Weak)

Racial Properties
Disadvantages
--Frail: By comparison to other races, Kiltharr are quite frail.
--No Cat-Armor?: It is sad to say that the Kiltharr's odd shape (it's the tail) prevents them from wearing a lot in the way of armor. This doesn't go well with the whole frail thing. However, one can always make custom armor.

Advantages
--Cat's Balance: Kiltharr carry some of the traits from their smaller, feline bretheren. As such, they are more agile than other races.
--Eyes of the Cat: Kiltharr still have excellent vision in any sort of light. However, they are still blind in pitch black situations.

Skill/Special bank
One medium, One strong

Biography
Being born into a nomadic culture, he has never truly had a place to call home. From an early age this thought troubled him, even made him want to leave his clan and find a place to settle down. He never enjoyed the constant moving around, the following of the herds as they roamed. He kept these thoughts hidden form his clan, of course, for even though he was young at the time, he knew that there could be grave consequences for them. His parents were quite different, though this only seemed to make them fit better with eachother. His father was a mage, his mother a ranger. His father had always sensed an aptitude for magic within him, and had thought to train him as a mage. After a few months of training however, the boy did not seem to be learning anything. Wanting to find out the reason, they took him to the village's mystic. The mystic too had sensed the magical power within him, but insisted that he take the boy under his wing.

The first few months of his training had been very different for him. The mystic had him training with various weapons, seeming to be focusing mostly on ranged weapons, though also with a few types of daggers. He did enjoy it, though he often wondered how this had anything to do with becoming a mystic. FInally, his real training had begun. Over the next ten years he was taught the true ways of the mystic, though he also kept up his weapons training on the side. As he trained, his intense longing for a home manifested itself within him. Most of his magic seemed to be stronger when it had something to do with the earth. As his tutor came to become aware of this, he changed the direction of his teachings to focus primarily on this, instead of on a wide range of abilities. Though he still learned a cursory amount about other seals, he learned an exceptional amount about channeling the earth itself's power through his seals.

When his training was finally complete, he shocked everyone in the clan by announcing that he would be leaving. He was off to search for a place to call home, and nothing would stand in his way. With a bow, he turned his back on his village and departed. He had not seen any of them since that day, and to be truthful he cared not at all. He would find a home, no matter the cost.

He had finally found a home among friends, and a cause to fight in - and then it was all stolen away by Decay, the prime evil. Now he had a new home, devoid of people - devoid of life. The tower he had claimed, well, it had become his unfortunate reality. His right arm he had bound with mystical seals to contain the evil within, and thus far it had worked. He had been to close when Decay had exploded - and why it had exploded, he had no idea. Others had been there too, but who could say what had happened. He doubted anyone could. He had internalized his pain, and become a much darker person as a result.

He helped to defeat a Prime Evil - or at least banish its existence for a time, even if it is not truly dead - with the help of people he now thought dead. At least the others who had been on the top of the tower with him when it exploded. He didn't know how he had survived - perhaps one of the others had sheltered him, or perhaps only because he had been near the entrance and simply been blown through it. His right arm had taken the brunt of the damage; he wasn't sure if damage was the right term. He had used every bit of magical knowledge and power he had in creating a seal to keep what his arm had become locked within. Strangely it did not seem to be able to affect the rest of his body, almost as if he were somehow immune to its power.

Appearance
Height: 5'8".
Eyes: Bright blue.
Fur: Dark black, covering his entire body.
Tail: 3' long.

Though his frame was lean, undearneath his fur his muscles were well toned from constant training. His visage was usually soft, deep set eyes conveying a wisdom that belayed his few years. Having been trained by a mystic, he had quickly learned that wisdom was greater then knowledge, and learned accordingly. When he smiled, his sharp predatory teeth would show clearly. His voice was quite smooth, some would even call it velvety, befitting his race.

He was usually covered in a pair of basic black pants. They would not offer any protection in the slightest, but he didn't like to parade around naked. His upper body was housed in a black vest, leaving his arms open to move about freely. In the centre of his chest, the tip of it just visible over the top of his vest, a small silver peice of metal was embedded, about an inch from top to bottom and half that from side to side. It's purpose remained unknown to even Stolatos, though anyone with magical sight would note that there was power of some kind housed within.

Weapons:

Switchblade Katars- These are two identical Katars, one for each arm. When not extended, these cover from elbow to wrist over top of his arms. When acitvated, a spring 'switchblades' the blades forward to lock into the gauntlet portion of the katars, leaving Stolatos' hands free. Can be retracted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDzNLYMVPc4
At about 1:25 for what it would look like.

Ch'taith: Evidently the metal shard in his chest is a link to a past life, or at least so it appears. With a thought, Stolatos can summon Ch'taith (A Spatha) to his hand or send it back in to the shard. It takes roughly the same time as drawing it would, perhaps even a bit longer. Stolatos can only send Ch'taith back into the shard when he is touching it. (I.E. if he were to throw it or drop it for some reason, he couldn't just send it back into the shard and then resummon it.)
Pictured (roughly) here.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/ ... htaith.jpg

Last edited by Wolf231 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:14 am, edited 48 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Stolatos, the Neutral Kiltharr Mystic
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:53 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Taking my 2 gold back because Kayvaan no longer exists as a character. The prodigal gold returns!

And paying 1 of it to Biller for the awesome sig he made me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:54 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

APPROVED!
May the tremors cause the earth to swallow you whole!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:42 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Gained a weak and 7 gold from winning against tengu, due to unfortunate time out.
Also, gained a weak due to the mystic class gaining one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:35 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

That second weak must be used as a skill, and cannot be combined.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:57 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Edit: Decided on getting another weapon after all, so math is changeing again... go me. Lol.
That's cool. I'll use it... now! :D.
Gaining 4 gold for it being Christmas!
So that puts me at 12. Then I'll sell my curved dagger for 2, putting me at 14. Then I buy...
First of all, buying this weapon (approved by DC) for 15 gold! So
Ch'taith: Evidently the metal shard in his chest is a link to a past life, or at least so it appears. With a thought, Stolatos can summon Ch'taith (A Spatha) to his hand or send it back in to the shard. It takes roughly the same time as drawing it would, perhaps even a bit longer. Stolatos can only send Ch'taith back into the shard when he is touching it. (I.E. if he were to throw it or drop it for some reason, he couldn't just send it back into the shard and then resummon it.)
Pictured (roughly) here.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/ ... htaith.jpg
And I'll buy a dueling sabre for 8, so I'm borrowing 9 in total, leaving me at -14 gold, I do believe. Feel free to check my math if you are so inclined.

And now for that weak skill, also approved by DC.
The strength of memories - The crystal in Stolatos' chest has definetally changed things for the kiltharr. Along with showing him some memories of the past - though they are apparently from someone else's past - it also slightly augmented his muscles, increasing his overall strength by a small amount.
Pictured... oh wait, you can't draw a skill, nevermind.

And to avoid any confusion, I am useing the extra skill I gained because the mystic class gained it, not the one I just earned, which shall remain in my pool for now.

And I'll change my character sheet to reflect all of this before I do anything else, but my internet is kinda iffy right now so I'll do it later.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:51 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Beat a medium skill/special and 7 gold out of a fairy...

So I'm at -7 gold now, and have an un-used medium skill/special.

Added:
Deflection: Hardens whatever it is attached to, making minor slashing damage slide off without cutting easier, or offering a person's entire body a minor resistance to slashing damage for 2 posts. (Weak seal, 2x per battle)

Approved by OSO.

And
Increased Intelligence: Accessing the memories of the shard in his chest has also given Stolatos some other things, and he's learning more and more about it. His latest breakthrough was the crystal somehow makeing him more intelligent and making his mind quicker. As such, his reaction time is a bit faster, and he's less susceptible to tricks or anything else that preys on the weak minded. (Medium)

Also approved by OSO.

Post subject: Re: Stolatos, the homeless aromatherapist / fairy killer.
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:38 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

+2 Gold for the regretably cut short 'Stepping Stones'. I was having fun with it, too.

Now at -5.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:17 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

3rd place in the foundations tournament... +9 gold and a medium.

Given 1 gold by Yozshand for community service.

Given three gold because Dinger is awesome. (Also from foundations)

Now at 8 gold and have one unclaimed medium skill/special.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:48 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Kitty Teleport (Delayed action) - After placing the seal somewhere, Stolatos can activate it [by doing something] to instantly be teleported back to wherever the seal was placed. This seal cannot be placed on an opponent. (Medium, 2x)

So awesome.

Switchblade Katars- These are two identical Katars, one for each arm. When not extended, these cover from elbow to wrist over top of his arms. When acitvated, a spring 'switchblades' the blades forward to lock into the gauntlet portion of the katars, leaving Stolatos' hands free. Can be retracted.

Priced at 18 gold (Not officially bought yet.)

Forgot to add that these were approved by OsO/Yoz.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:06 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

+4 gold from christmas, and got my gold back from kronk.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:56 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Time to spend ludicrous amounts of money.

So, first of all:

Approved by Yoz/OsO

These will put me back 18 gold, leaving me at 1 gold. Then I'm selling my dueling sabre for four gold, and borrowing 10 gold at 20% interest from Vontelsa, bringing me back up to 15.

Which I will then immediately spend on:
Trojek: This is another Spatha that, in the exact same manner as Ch'taith, is linked to the shard in Stolatos' chest. It too can be summoned or dismissed in the same manner as Ch'taith. The only difference is in looks.
Pictured here: http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/ ... Trojek.jpg
And, some color! It's mostly the color of a pink rose, though with other pinks and some soft purples thrown in around the hilt and crossguard.

(Don't judge me, hosers.)

Also borrowing 5 gold from DDR and 5 gold from the DI bank, so 8 gold debt there, to buy shurikens.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:47 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

+1 medium skill, Decay PQ.
+1 weak skill, Warm Night.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:37 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Gravitational Seal - When activated, increases the gravity of everything within 6 feet in any direction from the seal by 200% for 3 posts. (Medium, 1x) (Smells like Freshly cooked waffles when activated)

Dual Wield - Stolatos has spent some time training with a large weapon in his offhand, making him better then average (good enough to not hurt himself while doing it). (Weak)

Both approved by Yoz.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:49 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

+ 5 gold for Christmas, sent over to DDR.
+1 gold, best quote of 2009.