Post subject: Thelranor The Hated - Drow Mystic
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:04 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Name: Thelranor The hated
Class: Mystic
Race: Drow
Alignment: Evil
Inventory: Vengeance, a curved dagger, a light crossbow, a pair of wooden crutches (see below) and a pack of blank playing cards (seals).
Gold: 5
Pet: none he hates all living things, and animals are no exception
Specials/Spells List: Burning seal, Speed seal and Weighted seal.
Skills List: Master assassin’s training, Crossbow mastery, Sleight of hand and painful Memories.
Biography: Thelranor Mirir, was born to a powerful noble in the court of the Drow Queen. He always had a powerful ability as a caster, showing primitive signs the day he was born, although only his mother noticed. He was raised in the court, and taught by the very best of the Queen’s assassins from a very young age.
When Thelranor was just 15 years of age, already showing promise as an assassin, he was taken to a reclusive mystic, that his mother was hiding from the queen, and in exchange for teaching Thelranor to control his power, his mother agreed to continue hiding him. Thelranor soon turned out to be the most powerful mystic that his master, Ina'ia'oir had ever seen.
Thelranor continued his training, both as an assassin and a mystic until the age of 70 (about 14 in human years, when the Queen’s assassins suspecting him of being a mage, followed him to Ina’ia’oir’s house. Shortly after he arrived, the assassins burst in, and attacked Ina’ia’oir.
Thelranor, shocked and enraged used both the magic he had been taught, and his considerable fighting skills to defend them both, despite protests from Ina’ia’oir who knew his time had come, and managed to hold off the three assassin’s until the queen personal guard walked in. They subdued the exhausted Thelranor, and slew Ina’ia’oir while he watched .
Thelranor was brought, struggling and terrorfied, before the queen’s caught where evidence was brought against him, and he was sentenced to death. His parents, using their considerable influence fought for his life, and as they could not decide, they court decided to place him in a cell. Using hos powers to escape, he was caught again, and the queen brought her considerable power, and the entire will of the Underdark upon him, crippling him both physically and mentally.
In this helpless state, it was decided that he was now harmless, and allowed to live, but exiled from the Underdark and all he had loved and lived for. His life is now a children’s story to warn them about the dangers of using magics.
For fifty years he wandered the world of DI, begging for food, unable to fight, and unable to walk without the aid of two sticks specially fashioned for him by a kind soul. All the while his hatred of all living things grew, that they could leave him to suffer like this, especially the cursed Drow whom he hated above all else.
After these long years he met a benevolent healer, who assisted Thelranor to heal, and managed to help him regain a very small fraction of his magic, by teaching him of the magic runes used to control the flow of magic. Thelranor, while still magically weakened, and physically severely out of practice, could now take revenge on all the world, and all it’s inhabitants, starting with the one standing in front of him, the healer who had helped him, got only pain and death in return. He kept his crutches, as a memory of what he had been through in his life.

Physical Description:
--Height: 6 foot
--Weight: 155 lbs
--Eyes: silver-gray
--Hair: deep black
--Skin: dark, as with all drows
--Special Markings: Scarring along his legs, arms and face, caused by both the fight for his life and the wrath of the Drow queen
--Special Traits:
--Dress: Black, close fitting garments, as custom of Drow assassins, with a hood and long flowing sleeves to cover his skin when he is in public.

Racial skills
Disadvantages:
--Incoporeal Weakness: Drows are weak to attacks of an incorporeal nature. Things that do not have a definate form, like psionics, wizardry, or ki, damage them more.
--Flash Burn: Ultimately living in the Underdark, while making them tougher, has prevented Drows from getting along with Sunlight. They have a slight difficulty seeing during a sunny day.

Advantages:
--Absolute Dark Vision: Having lived in the Underdark, Drows have gained the ability to see through complete darkness.
--Shadow Blending: Their black skin allows a Drow to hide easily within a shadow. They're still visible, but one could quite possibly go past them without noticing.)

Seals Description:
Burning seal: This seal raidiates heat[ causing mild 1st degree burns around the area that it is attached to (about 1 inch radius) and causes a sharp burning pain associated. Does not affect anything except the being it is attached to. [weak] x3
Speed Seal: This seal allows the body part it is attached to move with somewhat increased speed and therefore power. Affects the whole limb, but only the one limb. [weak] x2 [lasts 2 posts]
Weighted seal: When attached to an enemy it increases it’s weight to about 5kg making it difficult to swing a weapon or run depending where it hits. [medium] x2 [lasts 2 posts]

Skills Description:
Master assassin’s training : Thelranor was brought up in the court of the Drow Queen, and taught to be one the greatest assassin’s ever. Now being slowed and weakened physically from what he had achieved when he was young, he body and his mind still remember the training, making him slightly faster than the average mystic [weak]
Crossbow Mastery: Years of training with his crossbow have made Thelranor quick with his hands, and therefore he can load and fire a crossbow faster than an average person. [weak]
Painful memories : Thelranor remembers the constant almost unbearable pain of his injuries, and the constant exposure to such high levels of pain causes him to have a slight resiliance to pain. [medium]
Card Tricks: For years Thelranor has used throwing cards as a subsitute for the regular paper seals used by lesser mystics, and after months of practice, necessity and boredom he has finally mastered the art of card throwing, and can now release a charged paper seal with accuracy and power. Due to their magical nature these seals travel slower then standard cards, but still maintain the power to draw blood on bareskin at a range of about 10m. [Medium]

Custom Inventory:
Vengeance: Created by the Master Smith's of DI, these bracers are based upon weaponry from Thelranor's assassin past. These weapons consist of a pair of bracers extending from the elbows, along the his arm and up the back of his hand, encircling his lower arm. Each finger is put through a loop which holds the bracer in place, connected to light chain mail protecting the palms, but leaving each finger exposed.

In the underside of each bracer is a sliding piece of metal which hides a space for a blade on each, spring-loaded so that with the press of a button they can be extended into Thelranor's hands, and then retracted again, by pulling a ring attached to his fingers. The weapon is designed to fit various kinds of small weaponry, but Thelranor can alternatively store his seals, or even crossbow bolts in the compartments. and is currently loaded with his curved dagger in the right, and his playing cards seals in the left. Each bracer only has limited space fitted to fit a blade OR bolts OR cards, not a combination of the above. It takes some time to change what is stored in the

Due to the adaptation the Bracers are weaker than one would normally expect for the kind of armor, and given their design to be relatively light, they can be easily broken be a strong blow to the underside of the arm. The topside is plate armour, but due to it's lightweight design, significantly weaker than normal.

Crutches: a pair of simple wooden sticks, with a handle perpendicular to the main shaft, and a brace at the top that sits against the lower arm. Heavily worn around the handle and bottom, and rather cracked and brittle from use. Kept as a memory of his suffering
--------------------------------

--Battle Records--

Wins: 2
A Seaside Encounter (Michael vs. Saw vs. TSW) won in poll
The Road from Recovery won in poll
First Steps: Treasure Hunt! Time out by Rygen
Ties:
None. Yet.
Losses:1
Dangerous Knowledge (BDF vs. Michael) Lost in poll

--Economic History--
started with 2 gold,
-1 for crutches
+4 gold for A seaside encounter(5)
+3 gold from theDINGbat for tournament stuff (8)
+4 gold from the jolly fat man (christmas present) (12)
+6 gold for The Road from Recovery (18)
-18 for Vengeance (0)
+5 gold for Dangerous Knowledge (BDF vs. Michael) (5)
+5 gold for Christmas Celebrations(10)
--Unclaimed skills/specials--
2 x medium seal/skill

Last edited by Michael on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:26 am, edited 24 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Thelranor The Hated - Drow Mystic
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:09 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

[Approved]

[Slappa wappa ding dong pollywag wiki pity willy.] -- OSO

[Jerk...]
-LeboyX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:41 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Won "A Seaside Encounter (Michael vs. Saw vs. TSW)" and got 4 gold and a medium, which I used for:

Sleight of hand
The hand is quicker than the eye, or in Thelranor's case, much quicker. Years of practice combined with a necessity caused by his art has granted him a moderate increase in his hand-to-eye coordination and dexterity. This allows him to move his seals around faster and make their placement more precise. (Medium)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:43 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Thanks to theDINGbat for the 3 gold tournament consolation prize.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:19 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

A strange fat man in red dropped a bag of coins. Thelranor has no intention of returning it.

+4 gold from christmas

(as a side note, I'm back now)

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:55 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Won The Road from Recovery won in poll. +6 gold and a medium skill/special.

Edit:
Used medium skill to acquire:

Card Tricks: For years Thelranor has used throwing cards as a subsitute for the regular paper seals used by lesser mystics, and after months of practice, necessity and boredom he has finally mastered the art of card throwing, and can now release a charged paper seal with accuracy and power. Due to their magical nature these seals travel slower then standard cards, but still maintain the power to draw blood on bareskin at a range of about 10m. [Medium]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:28 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

First Steps: Treasure Hunt! ended after time out by Rygen. No Reward.

Also I am buying the following armour approved by tDB for the price of 18 gold.

Vengeance: Created by the Master Smith's of DI, these bracers are based upon weaponry from Thelranor's assassin past. These weapons consist of a pair of bracers extending from the elbows, along the his arm and up the back of his hand, encircling his lower arm. Each finger is put through a loop which holds the bracer in place, connected to light chain mail protecting the palms, but leaving each finger exposed.

In the underside of each bracer is a sliding piece of metal which hides a space for a blade on each, spring-loaded so that with the press of a button they can be extended into Thelranor's hands, and then retracted again, by pulling a ring attached to his fingers. The weapon is designed to fit various kinds of small weaponry, but Thelranor can alternatively store his seals, or even crossbow bolts in the compartments. and is currently loaded with his curved dagger in the right, and his playing cards seals in the left. Each bracer only has limited space fitted to fit a blade OR bolts OR cards, not a combination of the above. It takes some time to change what is stored in the

Due to the adaptation the Bracers are weaker than one would normally expect for the kind of armor, and given their design to be relatively light, they can be easily broken be a strong blow to the underside of the arm. The topside is plate armour, but due to it's lightweight design, significantly weaker than normal.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:35 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Lost Dangerous Knowledge (vs. Michael) in a poll.

Gained 5 gold and one medium seal/special, as of yet unused.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:25 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

The spirit of Christmas has stripped the evil Thelranor of some of his powers.

Sleight of hand (medium) removed.
+1 unused medium seal/skill

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:25 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

A strange man was once again giving presents to the good, and stripping the evil of the might.
Thelranor, however was not one to take part in such festive gifts, and avoided them as best he could.

Nonetheless the revelers would find him, and from their corpse Thelranor would take his dues from Sandy Claws.

+5 gold obtained for Christmas