It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: BEFORE YOU POST HERE - READ THIS!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:24 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The Purpose of the Members' List

The Members' List is where people post their finished, approved characters to be used in the role playing environment of Darkness Incarnate. These characters are considered to be eligible and accurate for use role play threads, battles, player quests, tournaments and anything else in which their player would like them to participate. While there are some players who have more than one character (and others with many more than one) listed in the Members' List, a player may have only one "active" character at a time. An "active" character is one that may participate in any of the aforementioned events. A character may not become active until it is approved by the moderators and a new character always replaces the former one - PEMANENTLY. As a rule of thumb, for a given player, their most recently updated character will likely be their active character.

How Does This Affect Me?

If you're reading this, and you are interested in joining collaborative writing adventures that are available in Darkness Incarnate, then you need a character. This thread is probably the best place to find out about how to do that. When you're done with that, you need to make sure that your character would fit into the system that we have and you need to sumbit it for approval here.

On the other hand, if you have been approved and are ready to go, then you need to follow a few simple guidelines regarding the Members’ List.

DO
- Make a thread with the name of your character included in it. (Class, race, titles, etc are all optional.)
- Keep your character sheet up-to-date.
- Continue keeping your character up-to-date by adding posts to the thread and updating the opening post.

DON’T
- Start posting things in other people’s threads. Even things like smack talk or battle challenges are best reserved for the appropriate threads in the Battle Grounds or over PMs. (That’s really the only “don’t”. We take this seriously and if there are repeated violations of this rule, you could be subject to penalization.)

------------------------------
I was looking at the threads today and noticed that a spam bot had posted on someone's sheet. Then I thought to myself, there really isn't anything that says that you can't post in another person's character thread.

So, now there is!

For anyone who has questions or suggestions about this post, feel free to drop me a private message.