It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Terrence BumbleBottoms Halfling (Rr-a1)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:06 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Thank you so much Artist who shall not be named for the realisation of:
Terrence Bumblebottoms:
Win: 4 Draw:3 Loss: 0

Race: Halfling: The smallest humanoid, halflings are a race that is dextruous, and fast. Halflings are physically weak, and small. However, they can endure a lot of pain, much more than one could expect from a pudgy small humanoid.

Class: Serial Rapist (Duelist) (A summer escape) Love you, OSO

Equipment: His Rusted Rapier (which he calls Rusty lovingly), Golden cup of plenty, Leather gloves, Hook and rope.

Alignment: Good...unless he drinks too much

Spells: None (he's a fighter duh)

Skills: Stumble (passive), Horrid Stench (close range, passive), Running (Stamina based, 4x ) (Bitter Emnity, Passive) (Faith of the angel, Passive)

Special Skills: Sales pitch (x1), Rat Collector (x3), Cup Comprehension (2x)
Mr Scruffles' Specials: Temper Tantrum (x2)

Handicaps: You name it, he's got it.

Pets: His pet rat Mr Scruffles

Gold: 4 gold left

Skill reserve: Strong skill

Skill Explanation:
Stumble:(weak) Because Terrence is always drunk, or on the edge of being drunk, his movement is very erratic. This causes people to misjudge his movements, and miss more often... Or hit more often...

Horrid Stench:(Medium) Terrence does not like bathing, this causes him to stink so horribly, that any living being can barely stand being close to Terrence. If a character comes TOO close to Terrence they risk vomiting from the terrible odours exuding from his appearance. This skill works all the time, and causes you to be inconvenienced when close to me.

Running:(weak) pretty self-explanatory. Terrence learned to run, and fast. This skill allows him to run away...fast, or basically run somewhere swiftly 4x per battle.

Bitter Emnity:(medium) After watching Ein Weltal kill Grimmar, Terrence has gotten a bitter emnity against him. Whenever Terrence fights Ein, he becomes stronger, faster, and he'll endure more pain. He will not rest until Ein lays dead, come hell or high tide. Magic users will flare his anger, but to a much lesser extent.

Faith of the Angel: (Medium)

After facing off against Sutera Angel, Terrence did not only gain information, he gained a mental boost. He learned that even the most desperate of situations can still end well. This gives him a determination and strength that allows him to keep fighting, without despair, even when all the odds are stacked against him.

Death be not proud (Though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, for thou art not soe): (Medium, Counterstrike)

Terrence is the living testimony of a deathdefying risktaker, and his ability to thwart and deny death his life is mindboggling. This skill denotes this ability. Somehow, through fickle fate, aweinspiring skill, or just dumb luck, Terrence has achieved an almost foolhardy way to fight. Though he gets injured often, he has the abilities to stay in battle. Death be not proud is a skill that can be activated at any time. It is passive most of the time, until he spots an opening. It will allow him to strike viciously by accepting the consequences blindly, which more often than not cause him pain and injury, but by doing so makes it incredibly difficult to dodge the next strike of him because he's striking through the opponents attack. (Medium)

Smellegance: (Strong skill)

Terrence has developed a unique way of fighting, by using his horrifying odour, an uncanny ability to stand in the wind to maximise the odour wafting in the correct direction and battle-earned swordsmanship, he's achieved a very effective, if slightly unconventional method of close quarter fighting, which makes it difficult to fight him up close and personal due to the concentrationbreaking stench and the fighting prowess combined with his innate agility and dexterity. Maximum range of 5-7 meters depending on the battlefield minimally 2 meters wide. (the stench part)(strong skill)

Special Skill Explanation:
Sales Pitch:(weak) (1x per battle, if appropriate) Terrence has the innate ability to sell completely useless items for beer money. Using his tongue he can absorb a person into becoming interested in almost anything. This skill can only be used at the start of combat, and can not be used at any other point.
*notes: this does not affect inventory, All it does is (on occasion) distract the adversary with his swift tongue, and gives terrence a (very cheap) shot at getting the first blow in. Salespitches need to either be: Funny, Smart or at least beyond the quality of want to buy this rock to have any effect at all*

Rat Collector (strong)
Terrence has become such a repulsive being that most PEOPLE would not dare venture close. However, being a walking trashpile, does have other advantages. Wherever Terrence goes, Rats come out of their hiding place to join Terrence in a verminous mob.

A mob of rats (max 35 (not 36, no max 35, or else Deathjet gets angry!!)) surround Terrence at any given moment. Terrence has learned to command these rats to do several simple tasks for him. Terrence can still strike as normal after he commanded his rats. The rats do not vanish after these tasks, but they can't directly affect combat any more. Command rats: 3x per battle, does not affect Mr Scruffles, him being an individual (Unless specifically ordered to join in).

Vermintide [Patch reward]
Terrence's relationship with rats has imbued him with a strange power. While it, literally, hurts to do so... the halfling can transform his body into a man-shaped-rat-like creature with... rat-like properties. While he retains all his normal intelligence and skills (he stands upright), he gains a great increase to his speed and senses, and his hands mutate into sharpened claws. He cannot wield any weapons during this time due to the fact that he no longer has thumbs and, even if he wanted to, he can no longer communicate to regular people (only rats). Due to how intense this transformation is, Terrence is physically drained afterwards. He is unable to attack (or barely even dodge) for 3 of his posts afterwards. It takes 1 post to transform, lasts 5 posts, and transforming back happens almost instantly. 1x per battle

Cup comprehension (medium)
Terrence has spent a large amount of time trying to understand how the Golden Cup of Plenty works. He still doesn't understand fully, but he knows enough to be able to brew 2 (weak) liquids per battle

Mr Scruffles' Specials:

Temper Tantrum: (medium) Mr Scruffles after nearly being burnt to death, has gotten severe psychological trauma. This causes the rat to go out of control during battle. When this rat attacks, he may go into a temper tantrum. This causing him to blindly bite and scratch in such a severity that the person being attacked will automatically turn some of his attention to the rat. This causes him to be more liable to be distracted badly, giving Terrence more opportunity to do his actions. 2x per battle

Equipment: His Rusted rapier, Very Dirty smelly clothes... of some material, his Rat Mr Scruffles (he carries him on his body), Hook and rope, Golden Cup Of Plenty

Customs:
Golden Cup of Plenty: The golden cup of plenty has an endless supply of mystical ale.
How and where Terrence received this cup is unknown, and all Terrence ever says about it is "Nicholas".
The golden cup allows Terrence to drink whenever, wherever.
Though generally used as a way to get booze into his system, the cup does have other properties as well. (See special Cup Comprehension)

The Divine Hanky of Godly Snot [Patch item]:
While life can be tough sometimes, no matter what, you'll have always something to catch your tears with this ancient artifact. This (slightly used) handkerchief was once owned by none other than Aphrona, the goddess of love. Blessed by the presence of her olfactory discharge, this powerful item can plug most injuries, stopping it from bleeding. As an added benefit, the snot has a slight analgesic quality to it, slightly reducing the pain of said wound. Sadly, there is only enough snot for 1 wound. The handkerchief is about 15x15 centimeters, pink, and has unmanly, floral edges. [Almost Indestructable; 1x per battle]

Ratplate (Aka a custom spiked gauntlet)

Terrence is attached to his pet, Mr Scruffles a lot. As one of his few true friends, he wants it to stay safe. This has led him to visit many smiths to find a suitable protection for the small rodent. After a long and arduous search, a smith suggested adapting a spiked gauntlet to fit the rodent. Acting like spiked full plate for the small critter, it protects him from sudden grabbing and damage like a ...well spiked gauntlet. Due to the weight, it makes Mr Scruffles slower, but his vicious attacks now have piercing damage from the spikes too.

Biography:

Terrence was born 23 years ago. Smaller than usual halflings, More obnoxious, and with a bigger appetite.
He never really had any ambitions, or showed any skill in basically anything
other than exuding horrible stench, and running quite fast when he inevitably got in some kind of trouble.
After 15 years of torture, his entire village exiled him. He was banished, and told to NEVER ever return.
This started the journey of the most horrid hero ever. Terrence has an obsession with swords, which he lacks skill in to wield well.

Terrence's first quest ever was to find the taverners daughter for a local taverner.
Needless to say, it failed dramatically. Fortunately, the Taverners daughter was a
great warrior, and managed not only to escape from her captors, she succeeded in saving Terrence as well.
To repay Terrence for his heroism (or at least he claimed) he received a purse of gold, and a rat.
He called his rat Mr Scruffles, and together they form the least successful mercenary company.

Terrence generally gets into trouble, and inevitably either runs away or gets saved by someone...

His "skills" consist of stinking HORRIBLY (he has Bathophobia, or at least that's how he calls it)
causing any humanoid to vomit by just standing close enough. He also stumbles around quite a lot.
This causes him to move so erratically, that people miss more often...or hit more (this effect increases when he's drunk). His final "Skill" is running. He's fast... really fast. This is probably the only reason Terrence is alive still.

Terrence's handicaps are (among others) Necrophobia, Fear of anything taller than him, Terrible jokes, Short length, Cotton allergies, Wool Allergies, Obsessive compulsive behaviour, Social disability, Rude, and basically anything you can imagine.

His favourite pass-time is drinking vast quantities of alcohol.

Nowadays, he's learned to wield a sword, and has rid himself of some of his phobia's. He's got friends now too, and he's generally a nuisance... and as of yet still undefeated........

Oh, And yes, I'm serious. Everybody is making these super cool heroes, who can shoot lightning bolts from their butts and things... I'm sorely missing the losers. In his own "special" way Terrence will battle his way to being an (in)famous Hero of the DI Universe!

Battle Record:
Training
The Good The Bad And the Very Stinky -WIN-
The Ruins Draw -Great battle, must read!-
Fighting for answers -WIN-
A Summer Escape-Draw, awesome battle.-
False Presumptions -WIN-
Stag vs Terrence, Deaths match -WIN-
The Forest of rhyme, where everything rhymes all of the time -WIN-
Shadow games -TIE-
-Miscellaneous:
The Carnage Of Fedredine Story
Uss YMCA

-Training battles: (* means I withdrew the powers from it.)
Biller Training
Bellor Training
Rohden Training
Drakol Training battle
Craven Tb
Calash Tb

Various TB's with Abyssalwarrior, who I count as 1.

Punishment record:
-1 gold for spamming in a combat thread 16 december 2006, upon invading a thread through frustration

Aww rats! Terrence:"Lose the Aww and you're quite right!"

Last edited by Dreadclaw on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:43 pm, edited 113 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:30 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: I knew I should have taken that right at Albuquerque...
Approved

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:02 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Bumblebottoms Journal:

Today, I decided to become a hero. This was harder than it seemed at first I must admit. I had to write down my specific skills and abilities on a form, and others would look if my life was interesting enough to make me a hero. Apparently, it was, and I passed. This however was not enough, because they had to test me in battle as well.

I met this strange man called Nicholas Flamel. He was a warrior of some sorts, but he had all sorts of weird potions as well. He claimed to be an Alchemist, whatever that may be exactly. He fascinated me. I'll have to look into this alchemy business soon. Anyways, though I fought my hardest, I quickly realised this man was a trained and seasoned veteran, and I needed to use everything I had to actually survive.

Eventually, he called off the fight and then asked me to give him a piece of my clothes, a snippet of my hair and a droplet of sweat, and I'd have passed. I did exactly that, and now I am officially a HERO!

*Passed notification and training battle to become a certified DI hero*

Last edited by Dreadclaw on Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:06 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Bumblebottoms Journal: I applied for a clan a while back, and after watching my abilities, was again deemed worthy! I now have the comforting protection of a clan leader! Though the clan is still in it's infant stages, I'm sure many a brave warrior will join us eventually!

Though I'm not sure how to pronounce it, I'm now a proud member of Noamuth Sargtlinen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:35 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Bumblebottoms Journal: Today I met a man named Tiger. Or I should say fought. What started as a misunderstanding, ended up in a deathstruggle. I had to fight for my life, but in the end managed to subdue this huge muscular berserker. Though still recovering, I won my FIRST EVER hero fight! Time to drink on it!

*Gained 10 gold, drank 2, donated 4 to Tiger. 4 gold gained, and a strong skill.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:44 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Bumblebottoms Bestiary: Skills up for Approval: Skills were deemed fine, Rat collector changed to 3x

New Special skill for Mr Scruffles:

Temper Tantrum: <uses> Mr Scruffles after nearly being burnt to death, has gotten severe psychological trauma. This causes the rat to go out of control during battle. When this rat attacks, he may go into a temper tantrum. This causing him to blindly bite and scratch in such a severity that the person being attacked will automatically turn some of his attention to the rat. This causes him to be more liable to be distracted badly, Giving Terrence more chance to do his actions. 2x per battle

New Special Skill for Terrence:

Rat Collector <uses>: Terrence has become such a repulsive being that most PEOPLE would not dare venture close. However, being a walking trashpile, does have other advantages. Wherever Terrence goes, Rats come out of their hiding place to join Terrence in a verminous horde.

Several hundreds of rats surround Terrence at any given moment. Terrence has learned to command these rats to do several simple tasks for him, The rats do not vanish after these tasks, but they can't directly affect combat. Command rats: 4x per battle, does not affect Mr Scruffles, him being an individual (Unless specifically ordered to join in).

Last edited by Dreadclaw on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:44 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Bumblebottoms Hall of Shame:

Today I got a fine for interrupting a duel. I was angry and went beyond what was and is considered appropriate within Darkness Incarnate Dueling rules. The fine consisted of 5 pints of ale, or 1 gold. I paid up the gold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:53 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Bumblebottoms Journal:

I fought a man called Grimmar today. We ended up in a draw and a new friendship. Who knows what the future will bring? One thing is certain, He's paying me beer!

*gained 7 gold and a medium skill/special*

Last edited by Dreadclaw on Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:13 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Bumblebottoms Bestiary:

Up for approval:

Custom Ale Mug
Golden Cup of Plenty: The golden cup of plenty has an endless supply of mystical ale.
How and where Terrence received this cup is unknown, and all Terrence ever says about it is "Nicholas".
The golden cup allows Terrence to drink whenever, wherever.
Though generally used as a way to get booze into his system, the cup does have other properties as well.
Terrence can use the cup to make any (weak) liquid twice per battle.
(Weak strength potion, weak healing potion, weak acid potion, water, etc).
He uses the cup to throw or drink this liquid. 2x
(Will spend 15 gold and if you want you can add the + 2+3 gold I already drunk up earlier making it 20 total)

Special for Terrence: -uses medium special-

Anklebiter (medium): When Terrence uses this skill, he dives for the oppositions ankles, from an as low as possible position.
He tries to unbalance them, and uses his small physique to his advantage. He can use his sword while doing this, only less effectively, as diving and swordplay is hard...
2x

[DJ and I have agreed. Throw in a medium alchemy special and it can get by. Sorry for this mix-up, but DJ has a really good point.]
-LeboyX

Note that the mug (ability and all) is the special. You don't get to use alchemy (without it), and you're still subject to the non-alc. restrictions.

-Deathjet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:33 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Quote:
Rat Collector Terrence has become such a repulsive being that most PEOPLE would not dare venture close. However, being a walking trashpile, does have other advantages. Wherever Terrence goes, Rats come out of their hiding place to join Terrence in a verminous horde.

Lots and lots of rats surround Terrence at any given moment. Terrence has learned to command these rats to do several simple tasks for him. Terrence can still strike as normal after he commanded his rats. The rats do not vanish after these tasks, but they can't directly affect combat any more. Command rats: 3x per battle, does not affect Mr Scruffles, him being an individual (Unless specifically ordered to join in).

There must be a limit on the rats, at least. You're not about to be allowed an army. (Expect deleation if it can't be balanced).
CHANGE: Rat Collecter is too powerfull.

Quote:
Un-Deux Terrence is quite adept at using all of his skills. So much so, he can combine two of his specials, into one new special. Using up 1x un deux and 1 of each specials used. 2x per battle

You can not use two spells/specials in one post.
EDIT: Un-Deux = Um-Dead
NOTE: The intended power of the skill/special not given. Thus, no compensation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:40 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

I'll edit Rat collector now. Un Deux is forfeited as a skill *auchies*

Rat Collector Terrence has become such a repulsive being that most PEOPLE would not dare venture close. However, being a walking trashpile, does have other advantages. Wherever Terrence goes, Rats come out of their hiding place to join Terrence in a verminous mob.

Several dozen ( approximately 24-48 ) rats surround Terrence at any given moment. Terrence has learned to command these rats to do several simple tasks for him. Terrence can still strike as normal after he commanded his rats. The rats do not vanish after these tasks, but they can't directly affect combat any more. Command rats: 3x per battle, does not affect Mr Scruffles, him being an individual (Unless specifically ordered to join in).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:36 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Perhaps let it max at 24 and 2x per. battle (an "army" is still an army, no matter how small and weak the soldiers)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:19 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Changed it to your specifics (mob of rats, max 35, 3 uses.) I should be fine now right? (confusion of skill strength is a wonderful thing hehe)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:01 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Bumblebottoms journal:
Today I lost grimmar. That good for nothing Ein killed him. I found his full name..Ein Weltal...This is not the last he's see from Terrence!... Drinking my sorrow away..Maybe that will make me forget... I doubt it, but it's worth a shot. I bought a hook and rope from a vendor, and purchased a pair of Leather gloves off the market... Who knows, they might come in handy...

*Won 2 gp and a medium skill in Fighting for answers.

Added a hook and rope and a pair of leather gloves bought of Oso for 1 gp. 2 gp spent total.

New skill: Up for approval (medium)

Bitter Emnity: After watching Ein Weltal kill Grimmar, Terrence has gotten a bitter emnity against him. Whenever Terrence fights Ein, he becomes stronger, faster, and he'll endure more pain. He will not rest until Ein lays dead, come hell or high tide. Magic users will flare his anger, but to a much lesser extent. (medium)*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:10 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Gained 5 gold and a Medium Skill/special in A Summer Escape