It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Grimmar Ethlahif, Notorious Savior (Rr-A1)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:14 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Uhm... where are these skills of which you speak?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:23 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

I'm currently running it by OSO...I didn't know I had to publicly post them here. I have one from the Zodiac Tournament (medium) and one from my battle with BK.

If anyone's interested, I'm putting this one up as my medium. Despite my public disdain for catalysts, I might use my strong to help me branch out a bit and add some flair to my next specials. (Not totally sure how yet...might be bugging a mod or two for advice.)

Aspect of the Mountain: Being a dwarf by race and a son of the mountains by nature, Grimmar has taken a slower, more stalwart outlook on life. Part of that has been forced upon him by his heritage, another part by his inherent speed (or lack thereof) and a third by his experience in combat. Time after time, Grimmar has been forced to defend himself against opponents who assumed that speed was their ally and tried to overawe the fighter with their physical prowess in that area. Other times, he has found himself outnumbered and alone. After being attacked on the road shortly after the defense of Vallandar, Grimmar took it upon himself to take some time and reflect upon his style of combat. During this reflection time, Grimmar realized that his strength lay in his slowness to act and lack of impulsiveness on attack and defense. As a result of this, the dwarf focused on this and started to realize that he was able to watch actions and attacks develop more quickly than before, slowing them down in his mind's eye. This has given him the ability to react quicker to any given situation, even when others are coming at him with great speed. This has increased his defensive prowess and even has given him the ability to improve his signature moves even further. In addition to the increased defensive capability this skill gives him, Grimmar may now catch his shield after he tosses it.

EDIT: The skill is now approved at the "strong" level, meaning that speedy folk will now have some serious issues.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:13 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

You didn't actually have to, I was just curious. You said "Skills up for approval" but I didn't see any. Figured you may have just left them out or something.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:49 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

OK, I've come to the conclusion that gremlins have affected my thread since being transferred from the old forum. The only things that I remember for sure is that I still have one medium in the bank. I'm going to eventually post a completely revamped thread (thanks for the idea, That Guy) and start over - hopefully gremlin free.

For now, I have to post the results of my last battle with jodai.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13744&start=0

"Midway to Midland" was an interesting battle and it forced me to start exploring a darker side of the dwarf. The side that longs for vengeance. We'll see just how far the rabbit hole goes. Also experimented with various applications for fire in the midst of driving rain.

Received a medium skill/special and 7 gold.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:36 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Sent 7 gold to Stolatos to help him buy weapons to help him in the PQ.