It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Almost Sanity
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:06 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

So yah, I was bored and decided to write about my boredom. Anyway, this is just something I cooked up out of the blue so be gentle. ^^. Anyway, I'd accept any comments.

Almost Sanity

I look at the time. 10:35 PM. I look at the wall. White. I look at the window. Darkness. I look at a mirror. Nothing.

It's not even midnight yet the forbearing call of madness eludes me. Like slow burning fire across the fields of gold, insanity dances across an inferno as its dark tendrils wrap me in its bosom, surround me in an unfamiliar, yet comforting sea of thoughts, and words, and voices... all too different yet all too similar at the same time. Madness. Insanity. Life... and Reality.

Every breath breathes in a voice. I contemplate. My mind races. I fight. I control. I succumb. I revert. The thin line that separates what is sane and what is in-sane seem all too transparent, all too weak, all too fragile. The fluctuation - like current passing back and forth across a thin copper wire - drops my vision into shades of black and white, of what I see is tangible, and something of the opposite. But I can feel it, feel it across the tiny hairs on my skin, across the palm of my fingers, across the pores of my tongue. I touch, I feel, I kiss. Silence.

The sound of cars passing by catches my ear. Then another whisper. A soft gently whisper like a maiden's first touch with a gentleman's hand. I shiver. Goosebumps run across my spine. I listen closely, listen to the subtle voice of a man - not me but has my voice; not me but has my thoughts; not me but has my words; not me... and I stop his actions. I calm my clenched fist as I took once again control. Silence.

I look at the only light on the ceiling. Its luminescence paints the entire room hiding the darkness on the tiny spaces which the light could not reach. Still it exists. The shadows look at me with eyes like a predator stalking its prey. I could hear my breathing deepen. My heart pumping across my chest. Blood flowing through the veins on my neck, passing through my eyes, heading through my brain. I clench my hair to keep in control, running my fingers through my face, down to my lips, to my neck, resting on my heart. I exhale a long trapped air, close my eyes, and wait for morning.

I look at the time. 11:25 PM.

-----

Those that call it madness looks only upon the body. Those that call it escape looks only upon the face. Yet only those that see the soul call it art... and even they are hypocrytes.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17682