It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Return to Nobility, To Dance With a Prince
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:32 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Days stretched out blurring into one, the scenery of travel had long become dull. The carriage was too hot and stuffy, to the displeasure of the driving boy Kate laid out on the carriage roof glad for the fresh air and room. It was far from comfy and she had to keep one foot wedged against the wood to stop herself sliding off. The driving boy was even less company than the dull merchants in the carriage so she was content with staring at the clouds drifting lazily across the bright summers sky. Too easy to her mind wander back to months past, of rare moments of happiness breaking up the killing. Too many deaths, too much blame, now with only her own consciousness in her head there was only blood. Her hand reached down to finger the hilt of the blade, almost as soon as she touched it she pulled away cursing herself for the weakness.

Freedom received the touch warmly, it took from her the guilt and replaced it with true fond memories of pleasure and the thrill of blood lust. And yet despite its efforts to comfort its master she pulled away. Confused but unwilling to act further Freedom relaxed savouring her memories the touch had passed on, they would soon fade but it was enough for now.

Kate looked down at the beautiful silver blade, the entity now know as Freedom had once been such a large part of her that she absently brought them close together again letting its lust and disregard for life mix with her emotions. It was a comfort although in reality was more like a drug. She had to be strong and let her mind be free without it for now. If the need arose she would take the blade again and use its power and bloodlust to survive. The coach’s speed seemed to be slowing down, a glance told Kate they where heading into a familiar town she had not seen in many years.

The manor was less of a walk then she remembered. Years ago in multi layered dresses and shoes of impracticality it had seemed a long way but now it was a leisurely stroll in the setting sun. The path was still as well kept as always, the gardens flowing around them effortlessly perfectly symmetrical. New plants, new styles yet it was hers. In her youth she had walked the gardens, how she loved the roses in bloom. She paused regretting her appearance, she wore travellers clothes, once rich clear fabric were now dirtied and dull from the dust of the road.

There was little she could do now, she took the rest of walk with building dread… she was home.

Katherine Darksmith

Last edited by Tequila Mockingbird on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The place called home
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:14 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

It was one of the few mannors who didn’t hire guard patrols, Kate’s father was too dangerous a man to risk robbing, his reputation as an world class assassin was well known. It was strange how the Darksmith family, whose very name personified their trade where respected and prosperous. Some time ago when Katherine’s dad had been training under his father, the family where royal assassins. It paid well and granted them power and land beyond many of the lower nobles. Richard her father, was semi-retired, the property and businesses he had acquired kept most of his time as well had raising his three daughters. Before she left, Kate’s life had been fancy dresses, royal balls and noble rivalry. It had been a long time since then everything seemed trivial and joyous looking back at simpler times.

Katherine stared at the large wooden door in front of her. She bit her lip nervously, it would have been too easy to run away, she raised her hand to knock and paused. She took a deep breath steadying her resolved and knocked. Oh how she longed to disappear into the darkness it wouldn’t be hard, the seconds seemed like hours waiting for the answer. Finally the door opened, a short old man stood staring at her, his squint betrayed his failing eye sight. He didn’t look pleased, speaking harshly.

“This is the guest entrance, the trade door is around the back, if you bring message or are looking for work”

Kate laughed, a smile beaming her face. “Oh it is good to see you too Winston” she stepped forward quickly embracing the butler in a warm hug. He was first shocked, then even more shocked has he realised who she was and how he had spoken.

“Lady Katherine, I beg your pardon I…”

“No need, I look like a mess and haven’t been home in nearly 4 years”

He stared at her speechless for a few moments, he manged to collar a passing serving girl telling her to inform the master and prepare a bath and appropriate clothes for the lady of the house. Kate tried to protest but he girl was gone before words formed on her lips.

She closed the large oak doors behind her feeling like a visitor in her own home waiting in the hallway.

It was her Sister who first appeared. She walked from the sitting room, almost failing to see Kate as she made her way to another room. She had to stare for a few seconds before finally speaking.

“So you’ve come back to us, you disgrace the family with both your actions and return looking like a tramp” her accent was highly snobbish with overemphasised nobility. Kate stood stunned for a second, her little sister when she had last seen her was little past her 13th birthday still a child now she was a young woman full of class and self-importance.

Amelia, walked over to her sister. She was of a similar height to Kate only a little shorter but her heels made up the couple of inches against Kate’s practical flats. Her hair was blond obviously dyed and painstakingly made up. her face and eyes could have mirrored Kate but for the lack of make up or tiny scar on the assassins left cheek.

“Look at you! Your hairs a mess, your clothes look like they belong to a stable boy. The only jewellery and slightly feminine thing is that thing on your arm and I don’t even know what that is or where in hell it would be fashionable”

Kate looked back at her sister with a cold indifference. She had not expected this and had little come back at the moment.

“And that! You carry a sword like merchants guard? Why would you need a sword?”

She reached out to touch it and emphasis her point.

“Don’t”

Amelia stopped dead and the sharpness of the tones, she looked back at Kate who returned her icy blue eyes in a cold frown.

“Don’t touch my sword”

Kate’s mouth tightened into a small smile, it was not overly friendly but hinted at a possibility of a truce before the war massacred millions.

“It’s good to see you sister, you’ve certainly grown into a young woman haven’t you”

“And you Katherine have grown into common thug”

“maybe I was wrong, you still seem like a shallow self-obsessed child right now”

Amelia’s eyes went wide with anger, she opened her mouth but was interrupted before the shouting match could really start.

“Enough!”

Their father Richard Darksmith stood atop of the steps, his eyes wandered between them stern as if telling off two naughty children not a young women of 16 and 19. Once happy that he had their attention and had stopped the fight his smile broadened like she had never seen on his face before. “Finally all my children are home and safe!”

Katherine Darksmith

Post subject: Re: The place called home
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:01 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Kate’s smile soon matched her fathers as he came racing down the stairs. She had never noticed before but her father moved with a predator like agility, every move calculated and effortless, she had learned to spot this in the last few years. He embraced his oldest daughter and the hug was returned warmly. She had never seen her father like this it was a joyous occasion. He turned to his middle daughter Amelia looked like she was going to say something but was again cut off by her father.

“Whatever her reasons, whatever she’s done. She’s back now and that’s all that matters” his glace slid over Kate keeping her secret but not deciding whether he approved or not yet. “So my girl go you go and organise tonight’s celebration, your very good at that. And you Katherine my darling go wash and change I’m sure Amelia will have a few dresses in fashion you can borrow you look about the same size now”

Amelia looked at her father, repressing a tantrum, she kept her cool like an adult would “certainly father” she diapered up the stairs.

“Where’s Juliana father?”

Her father looked at her, a slightly annoyed look crossed his face. “and I thought you was a hand full as a child I swear that girl will be the death of me. She’s supposed to be house confined after last week’s stunt but who knows where she is.” He shook his head. “It doesn’t matter she’ll turn up we’ll talk later go wash and change”

Kate obeyed without thinking, leaving her father and headed to her room. It had been kept clean and well maintained. All her stuff now seemed silly to her, she had become a woman of few needs other than a bed and somewhere to keep her sword nearby. However since the ministry burned down it was the only place where she could truly call her own.

A maid came soon and took her to the wash room. It had changed a lot since she had last been here. An ornate marble bath steaming with hot water and perfumes that where sweat and delicate in the air stood in the corner. She refused the woman’s help shooing her out of the room, before stripping off and lowering herself into the soothing hot water. The grime and weariness of the trip seemed to meld away her mind wandered back over the years, she was almost 20 now it had been a busy few years.

Katherine Darksmith

Post subject: Re: Return to Nobility, To Dance With a Prince
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:24 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Katherine almost jumped out of her skin, her years of been tightly on edge as an assassin almost grabbed for her blade as her sister burst through the door. She let herself fall back to the warm bath supressing the annoyance. Juliana stared wide eyed, her face changed by years truly in the process of entering womanhood. Kate remembered her hanging on to Amelia, imitating her every action just as stuck up and snobby as her. The girl in front of Katherine now couldn’t have been any different from her memories, her hair had been cut short almost amateurishly suggesting she had done it herself, her clothes where good quality but had obviously been stained and scuffed from adventure.

Juliana’s eyes shone with admiration to her older sister, her mouth tightened slightly on noticing the scar on Kate’s check marking her pale skin. She was lost for words, her hero had returned she had almost considered running away and going on adventures and eventually meeting Kate on the road. However she had not she had stayed at home and been a thorn in her father’s side another wild child not wanting to be a proper lady.

Kate laughed slightly staring at the roof, “You never did know how to knock did you Julie? You look well by the way.” Her eyes returned to her sister and her happiness was echoed in the younger girl’s face.

The excitement had silenced Julie but now her words burst forth“ Kate it is so good to see you I’ve missed you so much tell me about your adventures please!” Katherine almost flinched visible but instead covered it with a wider smile. “Later, let me soak it’s been a long trip, you can stay though tell me what has happened in the years I’ve been away.” Kate relaxed only half listening as her little sister spoke excitedly about events and her adventures and sounded annoyed when speaking of the social gatherings they had hosted and she had been forced into a dress.

While Juliana talked she eyed Kate’s silver sword carelessly proper up against the dresser. It was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen but wondered if her sister had ever had to use it. She watched the Jewel it seemed to glow a mix of black and purple, what she thought was a trick of the light made it seem to spin and mix together. And then it stopped a thick circle of black stared back at her like some malevolent eye. She reached for the weapon to touch the jewel without thinking; it seemed to call to her.

Kate moved so fast one moment she was relaxing in the warm tub the next she was a couple of feet away gripping her sword pulling it way just before her sisters touch connected. Juliana started wide eyed at Kate, she had moved so swiftly it had been a blur impossible what scared Julie however was Kate’s eyes focused with fury almost seem to flash red for a second.

The darkness coiled around Kate’s soul, her touch was like a fine wine it savoured the flavour, feeling her emotions for once it didn’t pass on the desire for blood, Kate stared at her blade as amusement flowed from it. Kate dropped the blade onto the bed feeling almost a loss as her emotion separated from it.

“Kate… Im… Sorr…”

“Don’t touch my sword” Kate said coldly almost without emotion. Kate seemed to pull herself together she looked back at her sister realising she was unclothed covered herself with a towel and sat her bed making sure not to touch her sword.

“It’s ok, I’m sorry for snapping but you mustn’t touch my sword”

Julie looked at her sister with confusion and hurt in her eyes but Kate provided no more of an explanation.

Katherine Darksmith

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:25 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Katherine Darksmith heir to a far greater legacy than mere titles, land and wealth, returned home. In the four years she had been away so much had transpired. Her life had changed immeasurable from an assassin filled with bloodlust a cold blooded killer almost devoid of emotion, the darkness had corrupted her and only death had broken its grip. From death sprang new life and freedom, her past still weighed heavy on her soul but from then on she strode to be a better person, possibly a hero most likely something in between. She had returned from a journey sleeping rough or in rowdy drink wholes to a life of luxury, the daughter of a noble man since retired from the assassin game, this was a world of politics.

She had been home several months, it had been hard to adjust but Katherine was starting to enjoy the peace and tranquillity of noble life. Her main problem had been her sisters. Amelia the nearest to her age almost fully blossomed into womanhood had taken an imitate dislike to Katherine’s return, she was snobbish to her core and the sight of her sister returning home in merchant’s worn travelling clothes and a sword at her belt had infuriated her more than Katherine thought possible. Juliana her younger sister just into her early teenage years had been the total opposite, she had dreamed of going on adventures and become quite a tomboy a true pain in her fathers side although secretly Kate suspected he was proud of her just the same and enjoyed her personality. The problem with Julie however was ever since Katherine had returned home she had stuck with her like a fan to their idol.

This morning however Kate had left via her bedroom window, not the easiest feat in a dress but she had managed it and landed without a sound in the mansions rose garden. Two garden hands one barely sixteen the other an old professional where having what they thought was a secluded smoke, they nearly jumped out of their skin as Kate casually walked past, she smiled to herself but pretended not to have noticed them, quickly they made themselves look busy.

Kate stopped, her heart almost sunk noticing the little purple ribbon tied to the rose bush, it could have been a coincidence but she didn’t like the odds. She would have to investigate that night. She finished her daily walk of the garden mind filled with worrying possibilities it could be a warning, a threat, a trap only time would tell. Kate would have felt exposed and unarmed yet even from here she could feel freedom almost like they where chained together somehow it was a comfort.

Katherine Darksmith

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:40 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Katherine dreaded morning breakfast it was an awkward part of the day when she had to try and make small talk with her sisters and generally without her father there Amelia held nothing back. Kate tried to drown out the noise of her sister telling her once again that she needed to spend more time doing her hair and makeup and making sure her dress was properly worn not thrown on like some peasant gown. However luckily or not her sister was interrupted by the oak doors been thrown open, she hated her back facing the door, she needed to try and relax but until, Julie exclaimed “Father you’ve come to join us?” in a happy tone could the ex-assassin actually relax. Her father had walked like Kate silently without thinking, she hated been sneaked up on any of the servants would have been hurt halfway down the corridor.

“Yes, Yes, for once I would like to see my girls in the morning, I’m sick of accounts anyway.” Amelia almost began to say they needed doing but he carried on regardless. “I have an announcement, Next week my oldest child turns twenty no longer a teenager but a true woman, we will most a ball to celebrate.” Katherine almost grimaced, that was all she needed she hoped she had been away so long and her father busy enough to forget. However she turned to him with a smile and made appropriate thanks.

The breakfast erupted into her father and Amelia discussing what needed to be done, who to invite and the rest of the planning. Kate managed to sneak out leaving them to it. She had vague memories of such occasions, her father had never hosted once since her mother had died however. Her thought was broke by soft footsteps, quick but trying not to run. Kate turned to Julie who had a second of shock before smiling.

“You know what he’s trying to do don’t you?”

Kate looked at her for a moment perplexed. Before she could ask, Julie rolled her eyes, taking her sister under the arm. Kate sighed she would be stuck with her most of the day, it wasn’t that she wasn’t fond of her sister Kate had just grown accustomed to her personal space over the years.

“He’s trying to find you a husband, probably trying to keep you from running off again although I can’t imagine any man your equal who could tame your spirit.”

Kate laughed at that, but the thought slipped through her mind that it was most likely her father’s true intension.

Katherine Darksmith

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:02 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

That night as the moon crested the horizon Katherine slipped out of her window, she would have preferred her light assassin’s leathers but her travel clothes she had barely saved from been thrown by the maid had to do. Shadows seemed to dance in the moonlight and Kate for the first time in weeks felt truly alive creeping through gardens. It was silent but still Kate’s ears strained to pick up any noise while her eyes scanned for any movement, she regretted having to resort to it but she embraced her blood vision her sapphire eyes draining their blood to turn a deep blood red. She found her prey and stalked forwards her bloody racing with excitement.

Feet from the person she was about spring out her wrist blade drawn. A breath, inches behind her, she span to face the second person in the shadows, his energy pulsed strong almost blinding her so close, her blood vision drained from her eyes. Everything happened so fast actions where a blur, she drew her sword spinning it to meet her unknown attack the motion caused the first hidden man to move. Steel met steel while a ring of metal the other man joined Kate a dagger flashed from his sleeve Kate’s blade was quicker stopping just an inch from his throat.

The moon slipped from behind the clouds illuminating the free, Freedom Hungary for blood pressured a similar but less ornate rapier. “Father” Kate spoke softly, his eyes where as focused on the man as the other man’s on her father. Adrian met her fathers cold gaze look for look, both almost made a motion. “Stop” Kate said more loudly.

The two froze and half looked at her briefly. “I know him father, although he’s a fool to appear like this.” Both men lowered their weapons.

“Sorry Kate, I thought he was going to attack you” replied Adrian the tall dark haired man had a small purple ribbon wrapped around his arm. Only then did Kate also notice the purple rose embroidery on the shoulders and cuff. That was new and gave her pause for thought.

“It is fine I almost killed you both”

Kate’s father laughed turning away, “It is a good job my daughter was here, I don’t appreciate assassin’s sneaking into my land, be warned you may end up dead next time”

The two old friends ended up facing each other, he hadn’t changed much he smiled at her with more than a friends worth of affection but Kate didn’t return it. “Why are you here the ministry is destroyed.” Adrian almost winced thinking of that night of slaughter.

“It is good to see you Kate you look well” Adrian paused seeing Kate’s eyes hold little patience. “Yes, but he purple rose lives on, they call you a legend, they would follow you to the end of the world”

Kate shook her head so that was it the remnants and who ever else had tagged along or joined. “I’m not interested, I’ve given up on that life” Adrian looked crestfallen but after a few moments he merely smiled “We are forever your blade my lady” he turned to walk away, always one for a dramatic exit.

Katherine Darksmith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:37 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The blades crashed together again, one lightning quick the other expertly placed to compensate. The small audience of servants that had gathered gasped with every such contact, Julia’s eyes where the widest although hers shone with admiration and barely suppressed excitement. The rapiers left each other again one striking like a whip the other barely moving but always being where it needed to be to catch the other blade.

Kate forced her breath steady despite the burning sensation of her lungs demanding more air. Freedom seemed to share her frustration, it ached to be released but that would never do in a sparing match, besides she didn’t want to see what her father had hidden. Richard took the fight in his stride, watching his daughters blade blur through the air, it took all he had in him to make it seem casual.

The family’s butler had nearly fainted when they had declined training blades, Katherine had the speed and energy of youth, her father the true wisdom of a sword master. Kate had never come up against anyone who seemingly ignored her speed and took every blow easily. Kate’s blade whipped back again and blurred into his with such a speed even his eyes let slip the surprise for a moment. He recovered flinging her blade out of her grip off the side. As he raised his sword towards her neck to ask surrender, Freedom exploded with energy appearing in her hand to cast the blade away with a heavy blow.

Kate through sheer force of will recoiled Freedom the black energy draining back into the Gem. She smiled her father’s face shone with fatherly pride, without pause the blades collided again. The blows continued until Richard called for the match to end, both where noticeably breathing heavy still hiding their real fatigue.

Katherine laughed at Julia as she spoke quickly with excitement about wanting to learn how to use a sword and drank deeply at the chilled whine offered. She let go of freedoms grip finally feeling a shared pang of regret.

Katherine Darksmith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:38 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The house had not seen activity like it in years. Extra staff had been laid on and Katherine watched them all with a sharp eyes as they scurried around making sure every single detail was perfect for the main event. Most probably assumed she was just an over bearing mistress but Kate watched them for any signs that they weren’t who they were supposed to be. She had made many enemies since the breaking of the ministry and on more than one occasion since been attacked by remnants.

She had recently returned from the dress makers, they had been surprised by her unusual requests but had been more than happy to partake for the extra gold it brought in. Amelia had been her usual stuck up self, she was sure Katherine would not look the presentable lady she was too used to being the centre of attention. Katherine gave a slight amused smile at how she would prove her sister wrong, yes she was an assassin but when she wanted to be she could play the noble woman very well.

The day sped past and before she knew it Katherine was getting ready in her room, originally she had shunned the help but the complexities of the dress and the woman’s speciality in makeup outweighed her pride. Kate smiled at her reflection, she tried not to look so cold but it was a skill long lost to her. The small scar spoiling her pale skin had been all but hidden under the powder.

The woman, who was old enough to be her mother, talked no stop all sorts of gossip about the local people and even what some lords got up to. Katherine tried to block it out but her mind sifted through all the information without thinking it could one day be useful. Her face beamed down at Katherine once the makeup hair and dress where done. Kate smiled too, turning to the woman eye’s instinctive looking for concealed weapons. “Thank you, if you seek permanent employment I offer it” Kate turned towards to doors it was her party it was about time she made her entrance.

Katherine Darksmith

Last edited by Tequila Mockingbird on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:01 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The Room fell silent. The brightness of the house almost stunned Katherine as she stepped entered through the double doors at the top of the stairs to the grand hall. Her father had offered to escort her but she had insisted on entering alone, she was a woman now and fiercely independent. All eyes fell on her, every instinct of an assassin was supressed she was the centre of attention.

Stunned was the reaction of many of many party goers, they had heard rumours about her, going off adventuring wearing unladylike clothes and the truth was her appearance on this day was stunning. It helped Kate’s warm smile that Amelia looked outraged and envious behold reason. Katherine’s dark hair had been allowed to grow in the last year and now it was loosely curled and fell perfectly on her shoulders. Her face flawless covered subtly with enough make up to hide her scar but just the right amount to seem natural. She took a few elegant steps walking in the high heels like they were sturdy boots the dress, a deep royal blue matching her eyes showed some cleave and bears arms but was modest in the leg showing nothing below the knee.

Katherine smiled as some of the men gawped at her openly, one poor fellow getting a swift jab from a partner. Katherine completed her walk down the rich red carpeted steps and joined her father at the bottom. He took her arm smiling with pride and love for his eldest daughter. “Honoured guests, I give you my daughter Katherine Darksmith, today a woman. Let us celebrate and dance until the lark blesses dawn’s light with his song”

A tedious half an hour followed been introduced to various nobles and an alarming number of young suitor. A few of the braver ones asked her to dance, Kate span around the dance floor like a natural, her grace unmatched the men struggled to keep up. some tried to charm her or impress her unsuccessfully, the more arrogant they were the more they quickly became lost for words against her, she was always polite but the right comment at the right moment quickly through men of their stride especially when expecting just another air headed girl.

Katherine Darksmith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:38 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Hours passed and the night started to grate on Katherine’s patience, she was already sick of the nobility around her and the way men seemed to size her up as if apprising fine furniture. She managed to avoid her suitors long enough to slip out of the man hall, she smiled to herself sometimes years as an assassin really did pay off. Two large ornately armoured men stood guard to the entrance to the balcony overlooking the rose garden. Katherine looked at them for a moment perplexed, she couldn’t remember her father hiring them or seeing them come with any of the nobles.

However a quick glance and just the right smile stopped their questions in their tracks as she slipped past them. As the lady disappeared into the night air the two guards turned to each other, the younger one raised a questioning eyebrow. “Should we have stopped her?” the older one shrugged deep in thought. He had recognised her from somewhere, his mind tried to sort through his memories why did she seem so familiar.

Katherine swept onto the balcony her footsteps silent despite the heels, in front of her leaning lazily over the railing while watching the night sky was a young man. It took her only a moment to recognise the royal insignia before she recognised the man. Prince Alegar rightful ruler to the small desert country of Teranok, the man who had probably saved her life before evicting her from the land she was declared champion.

‘Oh how fate plays a devious tune’ Kate smiled, she was not sure where she had pulled that saying form but it seemed appropriate. She deliberately let her shoes step normally onto the ground, the noise and proximity made the man jump turning to her barely suppressing a yelp. She smiled with knowing eyes; the young man had grown in the last two years since she had last seen him. Back then he was a skinny man barely more than a boy, now he had matured and gained solid muscle in just the right places to complement his hansom features without looking like a common brute.

His face held the surprise and a cold dread swept over him. He recognised her almost instantly and knew her reputation as an assassin. It suddenly occurred to Katherine what this would look like to him. Suddenly his fear drained to something of a bitter grin, he turned back to the night sky. “I guess there is no point in my shouting for the guards, I’ve no doubt that if my death is what brings you here then their lives would be wasted too”

Kate laughed, the unexpected outburst seemed to make the prince jump again, he may have been expecting a knife in the back but not her amusement. Kate joined him leaning over the railing.

“You once saved my life” Kate paused “Probably anyway, that day after the tournament, that vile cur was aiming his spell at me when you stabbed him” Katherine smiled noticing the glass of wine taking a sip without asking. “Although you did then deny me the promised prize and then kick me out of your city”

Alegar gave a laugh barely hiding his true nervousness, “But I suppose we are even Prince Alegar or is it King now?” Kate paused trying to speak seriously without letting slip a laugh. “Besides it would be extremely rude to kill at prince at my own party.” Alegar merely looked at her shocked before joining in Katherine’s laughter she had barely been able to suppress before. “No I am still a prince until I marry, my countries traditions never cease to cause me problems.”

Katherine Darksmith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:39 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The younger guard noticed his partners expression, the older man’s face had dropped the blood draining, leaving him pale. “What wrong Dren?” the older guard’s mouth couldn’t work his whole body had seemed to freeze. “Dren?” finally the older man looked at the younger one. “Jhoane, you remember the big tournament a few years back” the younger man beamed, “Sure boss, most exiting moment of my life watching them fights and all that with the magic and the prince killing the wizard after the wizard killed his father”

The older man merely nodded, he was almost too afraid to say it out loud as it would become all too real, surely he was just imagining it. “Well you know the champion, that assassin girl?” The younger man seemed to get even more exited. “Yes boss her portraits still on sale beating down that Orc, and there’s that statue of her outside the arena now and …” “Was that her Jhoane?” the younger man looked confused but then the same cold realisation stripped his face of colour.

Katherine and Alegar’s laughter was broken by the commotion of the guards. They both turned slowly to see the two men running towards them swords drawn. “Get down my Liege, she’s a killer, she’s the champion!” The guards came at her, Katherine considered drawing her hidden sword but instead the Prince spoke “Stop!” his voice not loud but hard and full of authority. “I know who she is, now be gone and get a maid to bring me and the lady a drink” Katherine merely watched him with admiration, he had surely grown in more ways than one, he was a kind hearted man not willing to sacrifice their lives pointlessly like many rulers would have, but hard enough to hold authority and sound indifferent. The two guards looked confused before making quick apologies and running back the way they had come.

Katherine bit down gently on her lip trying to suppress her amusement again. A maid quickly brought the drinks and the silence that followed was broken my Katherine’s poor attempt at small talk. “It is a beautiful night tonight.” The prince smiled, “Yes a beautiful night, but pale in comparison to the beauty of my company” Katherine was caught off guard, his charm was heavy she looked at him and his eyes made her feel like the only woman in the world. Kate blushed, something she hadn’t done in a long time. She tried to recover, tried to think of some witty comment about his charm but quickly she was lost in his eyes. “Would you like to dance Lady Katherine.” All Katherine could do was smile and take his offered hand to be led inside. A small part of her cursed and felt like just another air headed girl, the rest of her was lost in this moment which felt almost pulled from a fairytale.

Katherine Darksmith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:40 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The hall quickly fell silent, broken by hushed whispers alerting others to the arrival of the Prince of Teranok who famously turned up at social events out of necessity but spent most of them in seclusion. What had the gossip pot boiling was the hosts wayward daughter Katherine Darksmith on his arm. They entered the room ignoring all eyes on them, many of which burred with jealousy. The musicians took the silence as a cue and once the couple had reached the floor and held hands started up again. For a few seconds they danced alone but soon the merrymaking started up and couples span around them. The Prince wasn’t a poor dancer, but she had danced with better that night. However the difference being she wanted to dance with him, instead of letting her natural grace and speed put off her partner she used him moving him as if leading but leading from the women’s supposedly submissive side of the dance.

No one could tell from the outside at first Alegar resisted with a mix confusion and stubbornness but soon he let himself be led and smiled at her his dark eyes looking into her deep blue. Katherine was lost in the moment but could still feel the eyes on her, surprised she realised that even some of the dancers had stopped to watch their performance. As she spun a second’s glance caught her sister’s face in fury and envy, she had been used to being the social woman of the house and now she had been outshone like a candle against the sun. The music wound down and Katherine and her partner found themselves the standing in the centre of the room filled with wide eyed people itching for this social gossip and scandal.

As the music started again Kate eyed two girls approaching the Prince, their nervous expression was only trumped by their excitement. Before they could speak Katherine took Alegar’s hand again and led him into the steps. It took him a momement to get over the shock before laughing falling into the steps again. As she danced Kate fixed the two girls with a predatory look, a claim of dominance. It was followed by a quick smile but the message was clear, she enjoyed the dancing more than she thought possible and after a few music sheets stood again with the Prince.

“I must mingle it seems, I’d never here the end of it from my advisors if for once I took part in a social event and then made enemies but neglecting the rest of the nobility ” he paused looking for the right words “Even if I’d prefer your company for every moment” he took her hand and with a flourish of a bow kissed it lightly. A few girls went wide eyed with excitement and whispered out of Kate’s range. Before he turned away releasing her hand she gripped it again, pulling him close before planting a kiss on the lips. Kate smiled at his reaction a mix of shock, joy and a tinge of terror. One of the silly girls almost fainted from that.

“Never think your handsome charm turns me into a weak kneed fool Alegar” she said a strong but friendly tone. She tried to hide the lie behind her mask of confidence. He laughed in response smiling at this strong woman, in his mind he thought she was exactly the kind of queen his country needed and that thought was quickly squashed by the greater, she is exactly the kind of woman I want.

“Never Lady Katherine, your strength of character I would never doubt” he paused and said quieter. “Handsome you say?” his grin held a side to him she would not have thought existed especially to the public. She laughed rolling her eyes. The night went on as usually her name was on the lips of every woman from girl to grandmother, it annoyed her to no end but suddenly she was the centre of attention people she had never met treating her like talked to her like old school friends forever digging. Out of the corner of her eyes she watched him and smiled privately every time his glance turned towards her, once he stared at her for a few moments totally ignoring the man droning onto him about proper taxation laws. She made sure to show no more outward interest in him.

Later she caught him off guard, he was beginning to think they had not shared so greater connection as he believed but as he turned to catch one more glimpse of her she was gone.

“Looking for someone?” he managed to suppress his shock but not enough to fool Kate, he was lost for words and actually stuttered before smiling and taking the offered drink.

“You seemed free so I thought we could talk further” Katherine said giving him a warm smile.

The two disappeared out onto the balcony once again a couple more people where there now but they weren’t bothered it was a private conversation. The two laughed and talked about things nether would have shared with people but close friends, Kate about the ministry and getting out off the assassin’s business and Alegar spoke of his fathers death and the years spent under the dark mage. Soon hours and wine had flowed past swiftly and they said their goodbyes, this time it was Alegar who initiated the private kiss and it lasted glorious seconds before he left flushed but smiling. Kate emptied another glass of wine watching the dawning sky thoughtfully.

Katherine Darksmith