It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Infineon's Story
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:50 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

It was raining, and probably cold, but that had stopped worrying Infineon long ago, the only thing that mattered now was his destination and the things that lay there. Even as he was thinking this the forest thinned and there it was, planted just inside the cave like a guardian, which is exactly what it was. And as he approached the cave and it’s guardian Infineon was overwhelmed by a multitude of emotions and memories which were all triggered by his affection for this place and the time and effort he had spent in training here. The multitude of emotions overwhelmed Infineon until he realised that the rain had stopped a long time ago and there were still drops of water running down his face. And in that frame of mind Infineon approached the Guardian of the cave, his master’s old voulge, Artemis, a weapon thrice blessed by Zoltan.

“My Master, I bid you let me enter your place of resting and do not keep me from paying my respects to you.” Infineon spoke the words in a monotonous tone, they were words that had been used by him over and over again for the last eighty years, and even though it had been a year since he had last been here, the memories from that time were still vivid in his mind, the mental scars still fresh from the ambush and the death of his master. Unconsciously Infineon touched the scars from the injuries he suffered in that attack and shuddered, the scars were still deep and would be with him for the rest of his life, there was no way around that. But Infineon realised that he was postponing the matter that he had returned to the cave for, so he stepped past the poleaxe, making sure me made only the slightest of contacts on his way past.

The Interior of the cave was dark but Infineon didn’t mind all that much as he enjoyed the solitude the darkness brought, but after his third graze Infineon decided that some light was required. A globe of hovering electricity came into life above his hand and illuminated the cave around, the light reflecting off the thousands of shards of crystal embedded in the rock face. And so with his makeshift torch shedding an eerie light on his surroundings Infineon continued down into the heart of the world, far below the surface and the sunlight, and there he found the body.

The body hovered about a foot about the ground, surrounded by a wall of crackling blue energy which lit up the cavern like a continuous lightning strike. The light was blinding and initially Infineon shied away from it, but then he embraced the pain, using it to clear his head from the sorrow he felt as he looked upon his master’s body, now untouched by the ravages of time inside a perfect stasis field. Infineon had vowed never to return until he had avenged the last of those who had attacked his master and spilled his blood across the ground, and now the deed was done, the last member of the ambush had “fallen” off a cliff four days ago and now Infineon would pay his last respects to his master before closing the tomb forever. So Infineon went down on his knees and prayed to Zoltan for the safe passing of his master into the second world.

“Zoltan, I may not have been your faithful servant and I know I have neglected you, but if you are willing to forgive me I have this one request for you, take pity on my master’s soul and take him to your presence that he may live without seeing the sorrows of this world. Take him to your presence so that he may be your faithful servant there and serve you again in his second life.” Infineon intoned, tears coming to his eyes as the memories of the aftermath of the ambush returned again, washing over him like the waves on a beach, different memories returning to take the place of the ones he suppressed until eventually the emotions faded and only one remained, the last words his master had ever spoken to him, “After you take revenge, take my place in the world and continue my cause, bring justice to the world in your own way,” they were his last words and Infineon had taken them to heart.

“My master, when you died I was incomplete as a person and still an apprentice in my art, but now I am a master and I will continue your cause, taking justice to the world. Please watch over me, point my steps in the right direction and imbue my sense of justice with enlightenment and discernment. And may Zoltan preserve your soul.” And so, with his final respects paid Infineon turned away from his master’s grave for the last time. As he walked back to the entrance Infineon was thrown backwards by an explosion that rocked the cavern and brought rocks tumbling down from the ceiling and threw up a huge cloud of dust that filled the cavern for while, blanketing the entire cavern in a white blanket.

When the dust cleared Infineon saw that there was an enormous pile of rocks where his master’s tomb. Infineon fell to his knees, horrified that his master’s grave had been defiled in such a way after his soul was about to be set free. That was when he saw the other being in the cavern, the figure that Infineon saw was quite obviously a god, the Jet Blue hair and an aura made out of solid energy gave it away very conclusively. Infineon recognised the man at once, it was his god and his saviour, Zoltan, here to answer his prayer.

“STAND!” Zoltan said, his voice crackling with the power of one who never know defeat. Infineon stood slowly and reverently, knowing that a wrong move would cost him his life and no one would even know he was dead.
“My Child, you are weary and have endured much on my behalf, come to me and let be bestow to you the power that is now rightfully yours.” The God’s voice was softer now but his presence was still undeniable.
“My Lord, what is this power that you speak of? I have done nothing to deserve your favour and deserve to be cast from your presence rather than rewarded.”Infineon stuttered out his response in the meekest voice he could muster.
"That is good my Child, for the blessing I will give you is hardly a reward as there will be many who will want the power for themselves, but you must not give in to the world for you will be my new Avatar on this earth. Your master was the previous Avatar and the next could not be chosen until his soul had been released, fortunately you did this and so the title passed on to you, may you find blessing in it.”

Infineon thought for a second and then decided to trust in his god, there was no reason for the god to do anything to harm him. And so Infineon walked into the open arms of his god. Infineon was hit suddenly with enormous power, power that quickly flowed into him, filling him until it overflowed and became physical energy. Infineon was dimly aware of the lightning that surrounded his hand like a glove but almost all of his attention was focused on the energy that threatened to overwhelm him, it coursed through his body in what seemed to be a never ending stream of power. Infineon felt himself slipping from consciousness as his mind closed down most of its functions to give itself time to deal with the excessive power, but Infineon was not scared as he knew that his god was with him.

And while we was unconscious his god placed knowledge into his mind, the knowledge that he would need and some that he would not. And so Infineon’s mind spiralled through the infinity of the universe as his mind was connected to Zoltan’s, and every second seemed like an eternity. Finally the god was done and the power that coursed through Infineon’s veins dimmed and finally slowed to a more constant pace, the power was still there, it was just dormant.

Infineon’s physical body crackled and sparked with energy as it convulsed on the floor but slowly the sparks stopped and his body lay still. If there had been anyone else around to see what happened next they would be almost as amazed as if they had seen to god. A stark white light filled the cavern and suddenly the rocks started to lift themselves away from the ground and moved away from the centre of the cavern, creating a large, uneven circle around the tomb. Then the light concentrated down in a beam which struck the tomb, destroying it utterly, and in its place there stood the old avatar, resplendent in a pure white gown as he hovered within the white beam of light, slowly a smile crept across his face as he left his last message to his student.
“You were never supposed to bear this burden Infineon, but know that you will never be without power now, know that you will never be without help and know that your god will always be with you.”

But Infineon wouldn’t receive the message until he awoke, two days later, outside where the tomb had been. Infineon shook his head and looked at where he knew the tunnel to be and then stepped back, shocked, for the tomb had gone and now there was merely a carving on the rock face of Artemis. Written in flowing script above the voulge were the words “Prove yourself worthy and this shall be yours” Infineon smiled, the first true smile he had smiled since his master’s death. He was now truly free, he would return to where he had left his pack and Levitas and then he would return back into the world, much wiser and more powerful than when he left it. Infineon now had a reason to live again, he would preach the word of Zoltan to the world, for the glory of his God.

"Little solace comes to those who grieve/When thoughts keep drifting, when walls keep shifting/And this great blue world of ours seems like a house of leaves/Moments before the wind." ~House of Leaves

Post subject: Re: Infineon's Story
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:16 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Back at the campsite, which he had left two days before, Infineon found Levitas patiently waiting for him in the branch of a tree. Infineon had left with no intention of being gone for any length of time, but due to the unexpected appearance of Zoltan and the powers bestowed upon him, Infineon had been left in a suspended state of consciousness for two or so days. This didn’t really worry Infineon since there was nothing at all of value to steal from his gear, and Levitas was more than capable of fending for herself.

Taking a moment to gather his things, Infineon ran over the information that he had been gifted with by his God, and also by his former master. From his God, Infineon received an overall goal and Zoltan’s broad plan for not only the good of the world, but also the Pantheon of Balance itself. From his master, however, Infineon gained more immediately useful information, including the fact that not far from the edge of the Forest of Shadows (where Infineon currently resided) lay a chapel devoted to Zoltan, which was attended by thirteen monks. However, the three leaders of this group were heretics, and were teaching in a manner which betrayed them as servants of the Sinister Pantheon; such teachings were the worst blasphemy in the eyes of Zoltan, and the crimes of these sinners were inexcusable. Therefore, Infineon’s first task was already chosen for him: he would walk to the chapel, and try the three heretics for their crimes by word and by weapon before starting out into the world proper.

It was almost a week into the travel to the chapel before the forest around Infineon started thinning, before eventually turning into tilled fields and forded rivers. After leaving the forest Infineon made his way to the town where the chapel resided, passing many small settlements on his way through the lush, farmable region. Upon reaching the town, Infineon was held at the gates by a pair of city guards who wore the silver and black of Zoltan, but carried the spiked maces and swords of the Sinister Pantheon. This simple display of tradition defied showed Infineon clearly just how deep the roots of the Sinister teachings had spread throughout the town, with even the simple and unaware citizens overtly displaying signs of the Sinister faith. It was easy enough to gain entry to the town when the soldiers noticed the sigil of Zoltan on Infineon’s torn and battered cloak though; after all, even a bedraggled and dirt caked priest or monk is still a member of the faithful, and wronging any member of the faith is a quick ticket to getting smote from on high. Once inside the town, Infineon found a place to stay the night, in order to rest, mend his gear and clean the dirt from his body properly for the first time in years.

The morning glowed red as Infineon made his way with the bulk of the rest of the town to morning mass in the chapels. Listening to the sermons of the three heretical preachers, Infineon realised why they had been able to go on with this ruse for so long; they taught what amounted to the bastard child of Sinister and Balance preaching combined. The lessons were very similar to those taught in common Zoltan churches, but all these teachings were twisted and warped at the end, twisted into the trademark rage and hate of the Sinister Pantheon. Once the sermons had ended, and the people were about to leave the chapel, Infineon walked to the altar to accost the heretical preachers as they turned to leave the chapel. However, as he opened his mouth to call out to them before they could leave, the doors of the chapels exploded open, shaking the room as their momentum was arrested by the stone walls on either side of the door. Immediately, all heads turned to stare at the diminutive figure outlined by the wide open doors of the chapel.

"Little solace comes to those who grieve/When thoughts keep drifting, when walls keep shifting/And this great blue world of ours seems like a house of leaves/Moments before the wind." ~House of Leaves

Post subject: Re: Infineon's Story
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:47 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

“Heretics! Oathbreakers! Defilers of the Great Pact! Justice has come for you! You have been tried In Abstentia by the Great Court, and been found guilty of all charges. Masquerading as monks of Zoltan, preaching false messages on holy ground, performing acts of the Sinister pantheon upon blessed Neutral ground. Of all this and more have you been found guilty, and the punishment for such crimes is death. May your gods preserve you if innocence you still possess.”

The clear voice of the intruder in the chapel rang stridently throughout the arched hall, easily reaching to every ear to carry the divine sentence. As she spoke, the slight figure of this harbinger of justice emerged from the shadows of the arch of the door to walk down the aisle towards the stunned preachers on the dais. A coat of deep blue with gold thread embroidery covered the childlike body of the speaker; large, ornate golden gauntlets completely encasing her hands and lower arms. In each hand she held a sword, almost humorously oversized compared to her slight form, yet she handled them with such obvious familiarity that not one person in the room believed for a second that she was anything less than a master with them. The colours of red and blue that marked the rapiers seemed to flow over and through the weapons, making them shine dangerously in the low light of the chapel.

After a stunned silence after Dlanor spoke the sentence, the severity of their situation seemed to sink into the three heretical preachers. While not knowing exactly who the person before them was, the uniform of the Great Court of the Heavens was at the very least recognised by the majority of the populace. To those such as Infineon and the monks who could understand the divine inscriptions on her garb, her hat proclaimed her rank as an Inquisitor of the First Degree; the highest ranking field agent of the Courts, and the only one with the authority to order summary executions. The relevance of this fact was not lost on the preachers on the altar, and without so much as a word between them, they began to call on the Sinister powers to save them in their desperation to escape execution. As one, they called upon the name of the lord of blood, Orthos.

Their hands thrown upwards toward the heavens, the monks’ voices cried out in unison, their words unintelligible to all but Infineon and Dlanor. The language they spoke grated on the ear and left a sickness in the stomach to those who heard it; it was a language that was not of this world, and thus the world rejected it. As they started speaking, Dlanor’s eyes widened slightly and then set in an expression as cold as flint as she realized their intentions. Continuing her march towards the altar, Dlanor also changed languages as she called upon the Divine powers for their aid, speaking words that while beautiful beyond explanation, still set their listeners on edge. In response to her words, her gauntlets began to shine with the same etheric glow as her swords, leaving her lower arms completely encased in a halo of golden light, shining like a star in the candle-lit chapel.

At the same time, Infineon had also begun speaking his own prayer to Zoltan, his own quiet words producing only calming effects in his listeners, for his were the words of the world itself, and the world knew that they belonged. Upon Zoltan’s holy ground, within one of Zoltan’s blessed chapels, and by the Avatar of Zoltan himself, his prayer was magnified greatly as it resonated within the chapel; immediately, his call for aid was granted. The whole building flashed a blinding blue for a moment as power flowed out from Infineon through it, then faded back to its original colour, with only lightning shaped blue tracery flowing in the stone under Infineon's feet to show that it had been touched by the gods at all at all. Immediately, both Dlanor and the three monks stumbled in their prayers and spun to face Infineon, enraged as they felt the effect of his prayer; the chapel was now entirely devoted to Zoltan, and there could be no possible connection to any god but him within its walls.

Her eyes hard in anger for a moment, Dlanor quickly realized what Infineon had done: while she would have been protected from the sinister powers by her prayer, the inevitable destruction called down by the monks would have harmed the civilians in the room, and potentially even brought the building down on top of them all. By forming an area of ground free from divine intervention, she could go about her job without now needing to worry about the lives of the innocent civilians around her. Nodding quickly to Infineon, she moved quickly to take advantage of the situation. The monks had failed to recover as quickly, standing stunned on the altar when their connection to their deities had been ripped away, and Dlanor fell on them while they were still unprepared, leaving them no time to ready themselves.

Her blades flashing, the closest monk was immediately torn apart by both blades, his scream cut short as the blades flashed white and his dead body scattered as motes of light on the wind as his sentence was passed. Reacting instinctively, the two remaining monks swung their ceremonial staves at Dlanor in desperation, wielding them as quarterstaves. However, despite all their worldly experience, they were no match at all for Dlanor. Parrying their pathetic blows with her gauntlets, Dlanor moved like lightning, turning to the priest on the left and shattering his staff with a strike from both swords before splitting him open from his hip to his shoulder on the return strike before he could react, scattering his body into motes of light as he too left for the afterlife. As she turned to face her final opponent, there was a dull thud and he slumped forwards onto her waiting blades, leaving her face to face to Infineon who lowered his quarterstaff and smiled wanly at her; the chapel around them filling with cries of panic as the civilians surfaced from their shock and began to comprehend what had happened.