It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tavern Tales: Shadowed Past, Morogth Shyne
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:00 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

The sounds of a normal day in Lyre's tavern the murmur of townsfolk and the chirping of birds and more guttural sounds of the unnatural plague that haunts the streets...

Morgoth hiding in the shadows of the corner watched the other tavern goers enjoying their food. He hadn't eaten in three days and his hunger was beginning to affect his mind. He wonder what the other of the South scavengers would have brought home for dinner. They divide up their takes of food every three days. He'd recieve the coded message by nightfall for which tavern they make camp behind. The street kids had been banding together for years under admiral Raven of the resistance.

Maverick had been ill for the last two week's under the admirals personal care Raven after a strenuous week seems to have nursed the young prince back to fighting strength. Although he was the weaker brother he'd been strong fighting off a new form of plague that spread like wildfire through the street. The resistance is working on getting soldiers into the ranks of the army and Raven's been busy for months on project Shadow.

Mavericks dreams grew darker as his strength returned, at first he thought he'd been hearing voices half conscious state. The admiral had been having meetings in his private quarters all week. Maverick just in hearing range found himself privy to information far above that of your average street child. He heard them discussing project Shadows infiltration strategy. Raven intended to use Sargent Kiyam as decoy for their new head of the royal guard their father would be dead in a matter of weeks. Maverick knew he had to get word to Morgoth of Kiyam's plan to betray Raven and the resistance. If project shadow went through as planned the known resistance agents would be sentenced to death for treason and he and his brother would rot in a personal dungeon.

Post subject: Re: Tavern Tales: Shadowed Past, Morogth Shyne
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:12 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

The puppeteer grinned and loved watching the underdark he knew not what the pathetic street urchins would try next but the show was well worth the wait

The boys had felt safe under the care of raven. Morgoth had caught a wounded wolf and almost a dozen fish after three days of failure. He was doing so well he set up a fire and was cooking a couple fish when Raine sauntered up and stole the freshly cooked fish. The boys argued for a minute then Raine pulled out a wicked looking red crystal dagger. This was a gift from raven himself as a result of Raine's success as a covert spy. He'd posed as a squire under a high ranking Templar and as a result got into several war room meetings. Morgoth stopped arguing and went back to nursing the second fish.

I hate the rain its forced me to stop on my first good hunt in weeks. (morgoth complained...

Raine continued picking at his nails with the dagger. Flashing the blade in the night the other boy tossed his half eaten fish at Morgoth and flipped up his hood storming off to the next campsite.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:40 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Raine and Raine twins at birth the girl and boy were like night and day. Maverick fawned over Raine like she was the only girl alive. Morgoth could stand the male twin, he has always been one upping the brothers every achievement. If Morgoth completed a mission then Raine completed four.
Morgoth reporting for duty Raven Sir!

Welcome back boys and your mission went?

According to plan sir!

Good good. We'll bring down your father any day now and I will be king.

That's not what we agreed upon Raven!

Silence boy! This is our new agreement help my kill your father of die.

The boys went back to their tent and starting planning. Maverick knew the guard rotation around Raven's tent the sickly boy had been there almost three months. They would slit his throat with Raine's dagger and get rid of both of them in one strike.

The moon hidden behind the clouds the boys crept from shadow to shadow until reaching the rear entrance of the twins tent. Maverick went in to get Raine's dagger while Morgoth stood watch. Morgoth heard movement in the tent and saw Raine come out with his dagger pressed against Mavericks throat. His sister hit him with a stool knocking Raine out. She gave Morgoth the dagger and tended to Mavericks cuts.

You'll have to handle Raven alone Morgoth. I don't want Maverick to die if this goes badly.

Very well make sure they find your brother knocked out in the center of camp. So no one will know who killed this fiend.

Morgoth Circled the outer edge of the south patrol and came upon Raven's tent unguarded as planned.

Hello boy. I hear you want me dead?

Your supposed to be asleep why wait for me?

I would rather die than know my people are disloyal but we shall see if you really are ready to kill!

Morgoth struck Raven's neck with the dagger again and again. Raven's eyes fell shut a look of shock still on his smug face.

The boy dived into the lake to wash the blood from his body and from then on Raine would be taking orders from the heir apparent outcast Morgoth Shyne. As Raven's will could attest if he were to fall in battle command would go to Morgoth the tactician of the army. Morgoth commanded his friends from with the same level of respect as if they were still his family. The boys learned to trust him like they were the plague that the threatened the King. The more and more successful missions came in the bolder they became. Morgoth began spearheading missions against the royal guard killing off patrols and stationing replacements from his own ranks. Soon Morgoth, the admiral, Raine, and Serra were all royal guards. Morgoth bided his time completing more missions for the king than his original guard ever could have. But unbeknown to the king they had infiltrated so far that Morgoth was running the nightly guard of the palace. Morgoth now of age was ready to take on his father once more.

The puppet master still watched from on high fore he knew what was to come and now was the time to test the metal of these silly children.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:30 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Shattered echo's roamed his mind as he struggled to wake up. A lost soul a shattered dream, Morgoth sat bolt up right that night struck a chord he couldn't understand.