It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: To Gather the Pack (dtknight, Night Shimmer)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:14 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Shape of a Shifter wrote:
It was night time, my brother and I laying under the stars within the forest surrounding our new Sanctuary, silently gazing into the worlds of the gods. I had been thinking since Aisu came along that I had never truly searched for others to connect with, relying on others to find me. Maybe that was why I had always longed for a friend, yet never managed to keep one. Maybe I was more afraid of losing them than I thought. But Aisu made me realise that it was worth the pain, if I could be as happy as I am with him. He needs help, others to see his plight. A pack. The wolf within him searches for a pack, yearns to be part of a family again. I understand the sentiment, and have been thinking hard and long about it.

I roll over ever so slightly so that I may face my brother, whose tongue lolls out of his mouth as he turns his head to face me, both of us laying on our backs. "Aisu... I have decided to gather a pack for us. A family that we can call our own, to help us with this great task we have been given. We cannot defend this place on our own, that much is certain. We need others we can depend on for this. Have you any ideas how we can do this?" My tone was unnaturally soft, uncertain, like the child I used to be when I lived with my brother.

He rolled over so that he was laying on his belly, his mouth closing to think about this. I could see the warring of his twin souls, both sides mulling over this aspect. Finally after some time, he let his tongue fall again, smiling in his new wolfish way. My second soul and I believe that this task be given to us. We need someone to stay behind, to guard the Sanctuary while we search, and only those that would know of our plight and those my wolf soul deem worthy will be led back here. I do not wish to cause harm to you by my actions, dear sister, so my screening will be extensive. But those that understand me will understand you, and with them we may find you kindred sprites to lead in this adventure. I do not know how long I will be gone, but know that I will return within the moons cycle, with or without our new pack. I will start out at first light to find these sprites, and with everything within me I will strive to make you proud sister. You have been alone too long, and I fear that you may not know how to interact with others more civilised now. So leave this to the wolf, and all will be taken care of. Now you rest dear sister, you look as pallor as the moon, and have not eaten much as of late. Are you ill?

I smiled, snorting a bit. "No, not ill physically. I have been... thinking. Of many things, and I'm afraid my mind is slipping further to the animals souls than I knew of before. I know you will do me proud brother, as you have always had my back. I trust you, and your twin soul, to find those which will be he beginning of our new pack. But you are right to think I am not suited for much life outside of our woods; I do not do well with others, and attract much more attention than I should outside of my world. I will wait. But for now let us rest, and prepare for the newcomers. Howl once you have reached he edges of the forest, give me signal, and I will meet you in this clearing, a safe distance from our Sanctuary if I deem them unworthy, to test them. Then we may have a family again, dear brother. I just wish father could see us now...."

Aisu licked my face, making me smile. Sister, you are not ill of body, but ill of soul. You are homesick, struggling with this new world as a babe struggles once out of the womb. Put you mind and soul at ease. I will not fail you, and together we will make a home that you can love again. I will signal you once I have found them, and we will meet here. Maybe then your hope in this world will be restored. Have faith that the gods of our world shine down on us, and that we fight not for ourselves, but for all of what we are, both Nature and Wilds, one with the old ways. Have faith sister, in me. I will bring you peace. Now we rest.

I couldn't help but believe my older brother; he had always been there for me, even when I was as wild as the animals we hunted for food. Even when the rest of the tribe wished my death on heir hands, he saved me. And now is with me, in this same hell, and yet to him, it is heaven.... he finds freedom in confinement, and I envy him, yet love him all the same. He sees my soul with a look and knows me. I need not explain a thing to him, he knows. I missed the feeling of knowing someone.... something familiar in this strange new world. And now he promised to find others that have eluded me my entire existence in this world.... I was putting faith in the stars and in my brother, and may I not fall once those wings were clipped.

The wind feels nice on such frail wings.

Aisu left his sister early in the morning, travelling with the rising rays of sunlight to the edges of the wood, his wolf senses taking over as the Sylvaan receded into the background, letting the wolf soul take over; if anyone could find others of like mind to his dear sister, the very wolf that found her may be able to do just that. A quick few sniffs at the ground, then nose to the air, the wolf caught a feeling in the air, more than a scent but an instinct. With a galloping gait, the wolf started off out of the dense forest, seeking out those that called to him.

To others that saw the wolf, he was described as an Alpha, thicker, taller than most wolves, his grey brown fur strange in these parts, with even more curious markings swirling along his flanks and back, decorating his face in black scrawling patterns much like a Sylvaan would have, and his eyes-- wild like fire, they burned with an intelligence that made others frightened immediately of the strange wolf. Some called him a Witch-Wolf, or a demon, though few really knew what this strange wolf was, and coming from such a strange and dangerous wood as well....

The suns rays now directly over top of him, the wolf panted, slowing its run to a comfortable walk, taking a moment to sniff out the feeling it had been following, ears turned towards the forest so far behind him now. Aisu felt the longing with the wolf's soul-- they both knew they were far from the one they loved. Hesitant to go farther, the wolf receded back, shrinking from the distance to give Aisu the reigns once again. Both souls were weary from their run, thirst and hunger gnawing at them now. Why did he have to leave so early before the morning hunt? Shaking his head, the wolf continued on, following the trail that the alternate soul within him had been tracking, coming to a stop in front of a tavern within a small town, meant for travellers to rest. He felt it within his very twin souls that the ones they were to meet would pass through here, eventually. Sitting as a sentry outside the tavern, the great wolf rested, tongue lolling out as he panted in the hot sun.

Many people passed by him, whispering about his strange markings, and the eyes that seemed to burn deep within his soul, the amber-red-orange of them more intelligent than other wolves, dangerous, magical. With ears back, he rested his head on his paws, getting comfortable for the wait, mind wandering about the admittance of his sisters soul sickness, worry building up within him that one day her fate may be as his, trapped within the animals souls he shared...

Post subject: Re: To Gather the Pack (dtknight, Night Shimmer)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:18 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

(For those of you questioning timing, The first thing to happen was the adventure with Nadira, then fighting tiam. Now this will happen, and after this meeting or gathering, Irhinn's powers shall be stripped away and from there his story shall continue.)

A low whine had been howling in my ears for several hours now. The trees passed by in a blur, fading the memories of my journey into what seemed distant shadows of a quest long accomplished. The contemplation I had undergone was equal to that of the greatest thinkers and philosophers mankind had ever known. I thought about everything from my pack to Elfin to Nadira. I felt I had accomplished the one major goal in my life. Yet.. I did not know where I was supposed to go. I was lost in the vacuum of time, stuck in a universe removed from my own, yet still fully part of my universe of origin. Was it even possibly that I was encumbered in two different tangents of time? Probably. Time was the one thing the gods did not even have the ability to control. Did this mean I was a god? No. Absolutely not. Even if it were possible, or people started worshipping me as I worshipped Wedaeld, I would refuse the responsibility. Deity was not my original objective, nor has it ever been. My objective had always been survive as a pack and flourish. And then my pack had been ripped away from me, sending me on a cascading spiral into a deep hole of emptiness and despair, for that was what I was truly feeling at this point in time.

Have YOU ever killed a man? How about two? Or three? Ten? You see, the vengeance of my pack had never been truly realized, as it went from an ideal of wild nature and the harmony that lay therein, I had soon discovered how quickly my actions had become civilized and human-like, less like my true self, the wild spirit I was. The guilt that lay on my conscious for the responsibility of the extermination of over two dozen sentient beings was the main obscurity that clouded my conscience, subduing my mental ability, forcing my soul into a small iron box, locking it into a single path of empty-mindedness and physical exertion. In the empty catacombs that filled my mind, emotions shot around like the small particles in a cloud of air. I felt anger at myself, for losing control, losing sight of the true being I was. I felt despair for allowing my loved ones to be hurt when I was so easily capable of defending them. I felt sorrow at the loss of the said loved ones, mourning their deaths, their departures into what I assumed was some form of eternal peace. Within my mind, a single emotion resounded with a certain vibration along the cord that ran to my heart, causing it to drop several inches and giving it a definite ache that forced my stomach to twist and turn, a gut wrenching affair. Love. I was infatuated, yet distant and removed at the same time. I felt the need to be in constant contact with the woman I had found become so dear to me in the past few weeks. She made me feel that I always had a hearth, camped with her forevermore until I was needed to perform another task.

Who would decide what this task would be? Wedaeld herself? Probably. But I felt a necessity to live my own life. I felt that only I truly ruled my body. I felt that should Wedaeld confront me herself, I would overpower her through sheer will. I believed it was possible, at the very least. Who was to say it wasn't? I was all alone now, deep inside my brain, the supposed protective armor that was failing to keep me safe from my own evils. How was that possible, something so destructive yet so quantitative in a peaceful respect could become the undoing of a human? It was as confusing as a complex harmonic sequence in a band of lutes. The human mind was an infinitely curious development. It was the thing that allowed us to live as the beings we were instead of wild animals, yet it was the same thing that caused many people to die, becoming insane while looking into the catacombs of their brain. Of this I was immensely curious.

But something that completely invaded my mind was my affection for Nadira. She was beginning to take a large part of my heart away the farther away from her I got. Had she been standing beside me, I would have been unable to allow my mind astray as it had been doing for the past few hours since we departed. Her beautiful voice would capture my attention with as much acuteness as battle-rage would define a single moment. We had spent the past few weeks together, and in that time my love grew and evolved into something i couldn't control. it was beyond something that I could hide or mitigate. I NEEDED her. And she felt the same, I believed. The farther apart we were, the more I felt the burning desire to feel her touch, to have her collapse in his arms from exhaustion again, to take care of her, to make camp and live in the wild. Had it not been for my madness, I was sure that is what her and I would be doing.

As I turned my attention back to the road ahead, I noticed a large wolf, an Alpha, staring me down. It seemed his eyes were staring deep into my soul, organizing my thoughts, feelings, and spiritual essence into segments of time that he could pick apart and analyze. This wolf was large for even an Alpha, at least taller than my alpha from the pack. I slowed as I approached him, and stopped in front of him, expecting a comment or something of the sort. Little did I know what was about to unfold would change my life forever more.

(Also, will a mod move this to the correct forum? it's supposed to be WOrld of DI not tavern..)

Stop being the prisoner of your past, become the architect of your future.

Post subject: Re: To Gather the Pack (dtknight, Night Shimmer)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:04 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Aisu had stood as soon as he felt the coming of another, his head held high. Soon enough, a new wolf came forwards, for his soul resonated with that spirit. He came to a stop in front of him, waiting, expectant.

The madness within him sounded one bell clear as his own thoughts had fallen that way. This man was lost. Lost and yet found, here and yet not, swimming between the existences of his heart and mind. Wading in the abyss of such a mind. The soul-sickness this man exuded made him feel a connection instantly, linking him with his sister instinctually; together they could fight their sickness, and come to a new life where they could live in peace within their minds, souls... like him, and yet unlike him. This man still held his human heart, his guilt a deep shadow covering the light within, warring with his other soul that did not know guilt, only purpose. Purpose was lost. Soon, so would his reason, if he was not saved.

The seconds seemed to stretch on into timeless eternity as the Alpha stared at the man with his soul seeking eyes, though one thing was certain; this man would benefit from his sister's guidance. And she too would benefit from his presence. With that decided, the wolf tilted his nose to the ground, eyes still boring into his.

You are Lost, and yet found. Be at ease, my friend. Do not hide within yourself as I had. I am here to guide you to a place where your sickness can be healed. We can give you purpose, safety, the pack you long for. A family that is strong enough to stand on its own, so that there be no more guilt within you. A family that will know what you go through, and can help you in this madness. You are not alone.

The Wilds are calling for you; will you answer, or run into the abyss of your madness?

Wise beyond his years, he knew the strife between the human soul and the animal souls they shared; the madness that took hold when the Wilds called yet you could not answer for fear of losing yourself. He had lost himself trying to keep himself whole, yet his sister has run with the Wilds of this land, and is still herself, the little girl who wished she could fly with the birds. One day, he knew she would, but with the sickness deep within her, he refused to let her become Lost like he had become. This man wolf, he could help her see the ways she missed, giving her humanity a second chance, company, a family, one that understood the struggles of the warring souls, the callings of both worlds. It was more than he alone could give his sister, trapped in his own doings. They both could learn from each other.

But would he accept, or turn for fear?

Would she accept the same offer?