It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nogan's Canyon (DDR vs Koko)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:39 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!
It is said that this canyon was created from one of the now-deceased Elven Gods; Charmelia. Centuries ago, a religious warfare had started between Charmelia and another of the Elven Gods, over how they would divide the land. Much blood was lost over decades of war, and finally, one day, Charmelia had succeeded with a strategic advance on the opposing army. The God had surrendered, allowing Charmelia that division of the land. She would start crafting a city there, maybe with a nice farm nearby too, for her people to eat. But as she planned with what to do with her provision, the men from the opposing army invaded the land, killing off many of her people, and building their own cities. Once Charmelia had found out about the other God opposing her victory, she had gone through an outrage, smashing her mighty fists down onto the very ground, destroying all of their people and completely demolishing the land into a huge canyon shaped almost like the pinky-end of a fist. After that day, all of the Gods and all of the peasants took note that a woman's anger should always be cautioned.

=====================================

A large wagon came from a distance, slowly making its way through the lands of DI. Two horses in the front, steered by two human men, pulled the wagon forward, as well as a large, cargo attached to the back, covered with a huge white cloth. Even though the sun right now was straight above the lands, it was a pretty cool day. Strolling clouds would regularly block out the sun for about a minute as they pass, letting the sun out again once they were across. The day seemed long, and the two men, exhausted from earlier work, began to talk.

"Hey," one of them started, his voice hinted him of being tough, but at the same time, quite friendly. Not a voice too common or too uncommon in these lands. "Look over there. It's Nogan's Canyon."

"That's one helluva ditch." The other one said. The voice this time sounded quite raspy, tough-guyish. Wouldn't want to get that one angry. "Nogan, huh? Heard that name before.."

"Some famous explorer back then. He founded lots of places, named himself after him, all that good stuff."

"Tch. Sounds like just some cocky bastard to me."

"I wouldn't exactly say that. He constructed a bridge a mile long, Bridge o' Nogan, and it still stands strong today. I'd say that deserves a page on the history books."

"Cocky and rich, he'd just better consider himself lucky he died way before he would ever meet me."

At that point, something had jumped off out of the cargo. It landed without making a noise, and started a dash towards the canyon. With quick feet, the person made a dash long before the two men would find out there was someone in the back. The person ran near the canyon, looking down and across it, and sat down, pulling out a baguette that was stolen from the cargo. The person was in an assassin-like outfit, and one the facecloth was pulled off, it revealed an elven woman. As she took a bite of the bread, she threw aside her weapons, letting a greet ball fly out of her sleeve. With a snap of her fingers, her clothes transformed into a small, colorful tee, and simple pants that complimented the cool temperatures of today.

Tyzrk was back.

"Was nice of the Ninza clan to let me keep this Ninza outfit even though I changed classes, huh?" She said as she ate the bread. While the ninja outfit was stylish, it provided only as much defense as a regular leather armor would, and in broad daylight, gave no camouflage at all.Tyzrk's elven accent still disabled her from saying 'ninja' correctly, but it was a habit her pet had stopped laughing from by now.

"God!" Xhercfa shouted just as she came out, "It was such a pain hiding for so long!"

"Yeah, well we got a free ride.." Tyzrk said, then continued with a groan, "... And a free history lesson."

"Well, I thought it was inter-"

"C'mon! Who wants to know about things some dead guy did?! Who wants to know what someone else did in the past?"

"If you think about it.." the sprite said, "If you did something amazing, something brilliant, something that changed the very face of the lands... You'd want people to talk about you long after you died, right?"

The elf took a last bite of bread, "..I guess so." She stood up, throwing the crumbs aside and picking up her weapons. "Let's go explore some." she said as she started to walk down a path that descended down to the floors of the canyon. Down the walk, she looked at a lot of the rocks that stuck out of the walls, and once she went down to the bottom, she sat down on a large rock, pulling part of her pantlegs up to reveal her Shin-Guards, opening a plate to show strings inside. "Let's take a break. Which song do you want me to play, Xhercs?"

For a while, they had a peaceful break. Tyzrk's skillful hands played with the strings for a while, the music filling the walls of the canyons, and echoing back. A light breeze blew across the canyons, with some trees around the area trying to stand against them. Tyzrk had just finished her training of magic, trying to master her gifted power of magic. Though she had lost full potential of her magic, it is as strong as it will ever get. Now all she would need to do now is to master her own line of magic, her own style.

However, she didn't expect her first fight as a magical archer to start so soon.

leboyX wrote:
and then pounce on them. To make sure they know we're dead.

Last edited by ddranimestyle on Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Nogan's Canyon (Open)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:05 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Kronk was journeying to his homeland, to his hometown of Oarr-stok when he came upon Nogan’s canyon. It was getting late and he had decided to spend the night. He found a nice spot along the canyon’s edge that was fairly flat, suitable for Kronk’s large frame to sleep on comfortably (as comfortably as the canyon face could possibly afford). He sat down on a rock nearby and took out a wine-loaf he had bought from the shop in town the day before; he didn’t much care for regular bread, especially on long journeys. If he couldn’t find anything to hunt on the journey, bread would be the only thing he would be eating, so he wanted it to have a bit of flavour. He had another day’s journey ahead of him to the town of Grakkol, where he would stock up provisions again for another two-day journey to Oarr-stok. He had pulled off a section that he figured would do for a meal and ate it quietly. When he finished he wrapped it up and put it in his packsack, along with the rest of his provisions and placed them down beside his place of rest.

He woke up the following morning to a most disturbing sound, elvish war music. The kind one would usually hear at an elvish victory celebration after a victorious battle or war. This made Kronk really quite angry as he slowly got up from his sleep. He slowly peered over the rock in front of him to see an elvish woman playing a weird looking stringed instrument at the bottom of the canyon. Accompanied by a pair of wings floating nearby.

The music greatly annoyed Kronk, that much was certain, and he had half a mind to leave quietly and return to his journey, leaving the annoying elf to her methods. He started to look away when his peripheral glimpsed what appeared to be a rather ornate bladed bow. He looked back to find that this person did not have just one bow, but several. This person was no stranger to combat at all, and it would not be too much of a stretch to assume that this person had taken part in a battle not to long ago against his fellow kinsman. The song she played a reminder of that previous victory.

Kronk strapped his Battle pick to his back and unsheathed his spatha. He started to jog softly towards the elf, not overly worried about his footsteps being heard; not much could be heard over the elf’s music, which filled the entire canyon with noise. Kronk was able to maintain a fairly high speed down the canyon face, without too much trouble or fear of being detected. His speed gradually increased as he got closer to the elf, to the point where he was basically running flat out, using the downward slope to propel him further. When he had reached the bottom he ran towards a rock that was at his knees height, leaped off of it and landed beside the elf. Sword in hand he aimed it at the elf’s neck, thrusting it down into her neck as gravity did its thing, and pulled him back down to earth.

Post subject: Re: Nogan's Canyon (Open)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:23 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!
Tyzrk's peaceful music had been interrupted, much more brutally than most would attempt. Tyzrk's ears were strong, well, strong enough to hear that it wasn't just her music filling the canyon walls, and as she looked up, she saw only the silhouette of a big thing flying at her; the sun had blocked off any other visual detail. Quickly closing the thick plate of metal on her shin-guards, she saw that a sword was going straight for her. She had thought of a risky move that would barely work, but she might as well would try it. She kicked the rock to start a jump, jumping to her left. As the sword flew past, she awkwardly moved her left leg away, then quickly towards the sword, kicking it while making very sure that her shins would hit it, and therefore, the blade would only hit the shin guard. She only kicked the side of the sword, so as to avoid puncture of her shin-guards and, she shuddered at the thought of this, her shins as a whole.

The momentum of her kick threw her to a spin, forcing her to swerve herself into a strange spin so she would keep her balance as she landed, which she did gracefully. Luckily, her weapons were tossed to a place on the floor about a meter where she had just landed, and she quickly ran towards them. With quick skill she laced her Bowmerang and her giant, silver ring on her back, wielding her Bladed-Bow with her own hands. She smirked, bringing her right hand up to about her face level, and snapped, causing her to glow for half of a second. Her clothes in that instant changed into what seemed to be clothes with a design the wizard clothes would have. However, they weren't robes. When Tyzrk had successfully (re)advance with Wizardry training, they intended at first to give her wizardry robes, but she refused, saying that they contradicted her quick and tricky fighting style. Instead, they decided to give her an outfit that has a really popular wizard design and protects almost exactly like leather armor, if not a little worse. She had often changed from her brand clothes to her battle outfit several times before in past battles. Tyzrk decided that she might as well not let a flashy trick go to waste.

The wind started to blow again, except this time, it gave a different sort of feeling. It was no longer that soothing breeze that comforted the two forest friends as their music played. It was that strong, forceful wind that gave off that energized feeling. Tyzrk stood still in a battle ready stance, fully ready with her outfit and bow in stance. "Ya' know, if you really wanted me to stop playing, ya' could've just told me. I didn't know there was someone else here."

She moved her left foot around, mainly sliding it across the ground to see if it hurt any from the landing, as well as kicking the sword off. Her foot seemed to be just fine. She also took her time to move her head slightly downwards to take a look at her shin-guards. There was a good, detailed scratch across the left one, the leg she used to kick his sword away. "An orc.." she thought to herself, "..He looks buff. I never fought an orc before, have I? I fought with some Humes.. Though they were almost all jerks. Elves.. Though most were all jerks. First time fighting an orc, I guess, and guess what? He's also a jerk!" She lifted her head back up, shaking her head a bit to get her mahogany hair out of her blue eyes, and glared back at the orc.

"...Just wish this guy had the dignity to have introduced himself or at least ask for me to stop playing before he just went all out on me.."

Xhercfa, alarmed as she was, flew back until she was a bit behind Tyzrk, awaiting the opponent's next move.

leboyX wrote:

Post subject: Re: Nogan's Canyon (DDR vs Koko)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:15 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

The war against the elves weighed heavy on Kronk’s mind as he neared the elf. Over now, the war spanned over a year, with no real victor declared. The orc advances were constantly being thwarted by the elven archers, legendary for their skill with the bow, and were eventually forced to retreat and declare an end to the war they had started. The war had claimed many lives, and many of Kronk’s closest friends fell during the war.

Kronk had already reasoned that this elf must pay for the death of his comrades, in the only currency transferable between the two races…blood. Whether she was part of the battle or not mattered little to Kronk, the fact that she was playing an elven victory song seemed evidence enough. He was determined to make her pay for the deaths her race had caused.

His first attack against the elf had failed; she spotted Kronk somewhere in the middle of his jump, he didn’t know exactly when, and was able to jump out of the way. His blade left sticking into the rock below where she previously sat. His grip tightened due to his anger as he pulled the sword out. “Well done Kronk”, he thought to himself, “you missed...again...and now she knows you’re here”. Usually he would have been ready for any sudden retaliation by the elf, but her mannerisms suggested that she was more interested in chit-chat, so he took the opportunity to catch his breath after his run down the canyon.

"Ya' know, if you really wanted me to stop playing, ya' could've just told me. I didn't know there was someone else here." was what the elf had said. If Kronk were a human, or an elf, this sort of diplomacy would have been quite normal for Kronk. But he was not one of those races, he was an orc, an orc bred for battle; and for this elf to suggest that he had to introduce himself was in fact quite foreign to him. Well maybe not quite, orcs introduce themselves often, usually with a big “how do you do hammer to the face”, or a “quick cut to the gut”. This time it was more of a “sudden sword strike to the shoulder”(Alliteration is also a large part of orcish sociology). So in Kronk’s mind, the pleasantries had already passed.

“How could you possibly not know the origin of the song you were singing, I am not even an elf and I know its meaning!! The fact that you were playing this song, and the various bows you possess has led me to believe that you were part of my comrades downfall in the last war. You will pay for the crimes your race has committed against mine, whether you were a part of it or not. So ready your weapon elf, or I will rend you asunder with my sword.”

Kronk raised his spatha and began circling slowly around the elf, intense anger and rage filling his mind.

1 Rage point earned

Last edited by koko_menoso on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:30 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"Oh, that war.." she said, letting her right hand go off of her bow, sticking the bow vertically with her left hand. "Trust me when I say this, but I've never seen an orc for a loooong time. Never fought one in my life, either." She sighed, moving her left hand a few centimeters up her Bladed Bow's main body, feeling and examining its fine metal for a few seconds. As she noticed the orc walking slowly around her, she started to move a bit herself, taking the bow into both of her hands again. She couldn't tell from his body movements whether he was further examining the two of them, or trying to make a run for it, and Tyzrk doubted he was running away. She took slow strides, sliding her feet across the ground, keeping them barely above the ground, as if she was ready to break into a sprint at any time. Just then, her green friend flew nearby her.

"Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen!" Xhercfa yelled into Tyzrk's ear, as if she wasn't listening to begin with. "I don't think any of your smooth talk would get you out of this one. This guy looks pretty determined to smash your skull in."

"Yeah, I could'a found that out myself, thanks!" Tyzrk retorted back loudly, her eyes still on the orc. She continued to move in unison to the orc's slow, circling movements, going in the same direction he is so that they would always be about the same distance apart. Tyzrk kept an argumentative, sarcastic voice as she yelled at her friend for a while longer. "I thought I might as well have gotten rid of any hard feelings that were never there in the first place! Y'know, to have him not kill me??"

"Oh, and what makes you so sure he wants to kill you?"

Tyzrk now turned her head to face the sprite, her feet now still. "I guess my first hint was the lunge at my throat!!" Finishing her argument, she closing her eyes, taking a deep breath before looking back at the orc. "Alright," she said to him, "I'll fight you. Looks like I got no other choice. But before we start, I just want'cha-ta know that I have no care in the world at all for the current war between our races. You can hold as much of a grudge on me as you want, just because I am a member of your opponent's race, but I won't hold such feelings towards you." She held the bow with her left hand, her arm stretched out. She began spinning it between each indent between her fingers as she reached behind her with her right hand, grabbing an arrow. She then took a tight grip on the bow, lightly tapping the arrow's metal head against the bow.

She blinked and turned her head towards the orc again, asking ignorantly, "Wait wait wait- that song has a meaning? I only played it because my friend here likes it!"

"Boop boop boop beep boop!" Xhercfa demonstrated innocently, imitating a small melody of the song before giggling loudly, bouncing around in the air carefree. "I heard this song was supposed to be played while milking cows. 'Guess whoever said that was wrong."

"Xhercfaaaa..." Tyzrk thought to herself, almost in a complaining sort of tone. "If the guy's pissed at me just playing that song, don'tcha at least think it's bad for you to hum it, or doot-doot-ing it, or whatever you were doing..?"

leboyX wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:51 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Kronk continued to circle around the elf, contemplating his next move.

"Oh, that war..." was the elf girl’s response to his inquiries, "Trust me when I say this, but I've never seen an orc for a loooong time. Never fought one in my life, either." A likely story Kronk thought to himself, but Kronk was unable to decipher whether or not the elf was being entirely truthful with her statement, or if she was lying to cover her skin. Kronk quickly decided that it must be the latter, there was a good chance it was simply due to his anger that he made this decision so quickly, and an arguement could be made that this was what he personally wanted to believe, and not what actually happened. But enough about that, something was happening...

Kronk’s gaze focused on the mysterious pair of wings that came down to talk to the elf. It appeared to bobble around a lot and something that looked like pixy dust shook off of it as it went about. It came down to the girls ear and was apparently able to have an intelligible conversation with her.

“Alright, I’ll fight you.” The girl said to Kronk after her conversation with the fairy had apparently ended. “Looks like I got no other choice. But before we start, I just want'cha-ta know that I have no care in the world at all for the current war between our races. You can hold as much of a grudge on me as you want, just because I am a member of your opponent's race, but I won't hold such feelings towards you."

Kronk didn’t hear much of what the elf had said, his mind kind of focused on three words that particularly intrigued him, and failed to pay attention to anything after that. The words “I’ll fight you” gave Kronk a feeling that he had encountered a couple times before, usually it is described as a “sadistic glee”. But the smile on his face was relatively short lived.

"Boop boop boop beep boop!" The fairy belted out, apparently attempting to sing the elvish song. Immediately after, the fairy appeared to start laughing, at who or what was uncertain, but if one thing is certain Kronk reasoned, It would be that the fairy was HORRIBLY ANNOYING.

He was saddened by the fact that he was not yet able to purchase a crossbow or other ranged weaponry so that he could appropriatly silence the annoying fairy.

Well just wait a minute here, Kronk thought to himself. we are in a freakin’ canyon here, a canyon full of freakin’ rocks. The all-to cheesy light bulb illuminates atop Kronk’s head.

The fairy had to go. Kronk’s intense anger flared up against this puppet-like singing fairy creature and it was time enough to act. He crouched down low, and quickly looked for a rather large rock, small enough to throw the distance he needed, but big enough to sufficiently maim any fairy-like creature that may or may not be impacted by it. He decided on one about the size of a shot put. Realizing that no matter what he attempted to do next, there would be an arrow flying toward his face. Kronk decided that because he did not have a shield with him, the next best thing he could do to avoid arrows in the face would be to keep moving.

And that’s what he did, he got up and threw the rock at the fairy quickly. Then he began to run towards the elf, not the best direction he could run in to avoid arrows, but the best if he somehow hoped to block any incoming arrows, however unlikely that may be. Also if he could get in hand-to-hand combat with the elf, that would hopefully prevent further arrows from cascading towards him in the future.

1 Rage point total

Last edited by koko_menoso on Wed May 27, 2009 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(Crap, I am so sorry for being late. I'll try not to leave it off this much next time. =X )

It wasn't usual for the logical and wise Xhercfa to be acting so spazzy. Tyzrk thought that maybe she might have ate some of the sugar that was inside the cargo they were hiding in a while ago. Dropping that thought, she glanced at the orc to see that the first attack was thrown at the small fairy. The green ball quickly flew downwards, down to about an average person's knee level, dodging the attack. "Never thought I'd say this, Xhercs," Tyzrk said a little after her dodge, "but that's what'cha get for being stupid." Tyzrk held her Bladed Bow in her hands as she watched the orc run towards her. Many plans popped into her mind, and within the next two seconds, her brain had to calculate which one was the best course of action to take. One large booming sound made by the orc's foot was followed by another, than another; Tyzrk was running out of time.

Tyzrk decided it was best for her to get as far away from him as possible. The orc's speed seemed faster than an average orc's, even though she's never seen one before. She turned tail and ran as quickly as she could, pulling the arrow against the string of the bow. Her hands glowed with magic, and as she spun around to once again face the orc, she pulled the arrow as far back as she could. As the bow's string reached its stress limit, her hands have stopped glowing, and in that same instant, the head of the arrow caught on fire. She fired with her inured accuracy, aimed to a bit in front of the orc's path. In no time, a fire would start just where his feet would land, and Tyzrk imagined that inertia would be a problem in stopping before the arrow. She looked over to see Xhercfa fly past and a bit behind her to stay safe. The little sprite looked a bit desperate to get away, though Tyzrk trusted for her help when in need.

(Fire Arrow: 4 more uses)

leboyX wrote:

Last edited by ddranimestyle on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:58 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Kronk looked up to see that his rock had missed the target. Which shouldn’t really be that much of a surprise to him. The chance of hitting something so small and agile was quite the long shot, and any amount of reasoning would have suggested that. But more often than not it seems Kronk’s anger outweighs is reason, so he threw the rock anyway. The little green wings quickly ducked under the rock and then continued to fly around in the air. Which only angered Kronk further. “Annoying little bird” Kronk mumbled to himself as he gritted his teeth. However, Kronk’s new plan of action was still in effect, which was to catch and hopefully eventually kill the elf-girl. So he would have to deal with the bird later. He looked ahead to see that the elf had turned tail and fled. He continued to run after her with a fire of determination in his eyes. “Your not getting away from me that easily”, Kronk thought to himself.

The elf ran swiftly along the canyon floor with Kronk not that far behind. Not long after he noticed the elf started to glow a bit as she ran, his first assumption was that this was some sort of speed magic she was incanting so that she could finally get away. But this was not the case. Kronk was right to think that it was a magical spell being prepared, but it was not for speed.

Suddenly the elf turned around somehow while she was still running and fired an arrow at him, he watched it closely to see where it was headed and saw that it didn’t even reach him at all. The arrow fell to just before his feet and burst into flames, but the fire didn’t appear to burn very well due to the rocky terrain of the canyon. His foot got burned a little as he stepped over it, but it didn’t hurt him very much, and it didn’t slow him down at all [Tough skin].

Kronk’s anger burned hotter than the arrow did in the ground. The elf had already turned back around and continued running. Probably until she decided she was far enough to fire another arrow at him. Kronk was kicking himself now for not purchasing a ranged weapon in town, for it would have really come in handy here. Picking up a rock now would prove to be ineffective, he figured the amount of time it took to pick it up would allow the elf to get far enough away to fire that next arrow, and he couldn’t let that happen if he could help it. Kronk quickly put his spatha away and focused all his energy on catching the elf. He dug his feet in deep, brought his body down low, concentrating on getting as much power to his legs as he could.

If the elf turned to fire another arrow again, he would surely be close enough to strike.

Two rage points earned
Three rage points total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:51 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Tyzrk started a light jog once again away from the orc. She decided not to use too much energy so early in the fight, though eventually she started to put more effort in her running. The orc seemed to be only more and more agitated by the second, which could probably mean that whatever hit he wants to get on her, he wants a good one. She would try her best to not let him do too much to her. And that's when the next idea came into her mind. As she ran, she held her bow in her left hand, reaching behind her with her right. Instead of grabbing an arrow this time, she grabbed her second weapon, the super-curved Bowmerang. She could hear that the orc was catching up to her, so she had to do this fast. She suddenly pressed her feet against the floor, jumping in a spin. As she twisted, there was a light circle of dust under her feet that harmlessly blew away.

As she spun, she kept her eyes peeled. She saw the orc, then the canyon walls, then the orc again. She flung her Bowmerang at him with much force. As her arm swung, she used that momentum to land facing away from the orc once more, taking a few more steps until she suddenly stopped. Hands around her knees, she leaned over just a bit, catching her breath. She turned behind her to see how the orc fared against her tricky weapon. It was aimed for his left side, and should it miss, it would fly off. Due to its great curve, it should come back like a boomerang, flying past his right side. It should miss his body by several meters, but it would come back at the necessary angle needed to come back to her. She took a few more breaths, gripping tight on her Bladed Bow's body. Her legs burned a little bit, though she should be able to break into another sprint if the Bowmerang proves to be no trouble to the orc.

leboyX wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:50 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

The elf didn’t seem to be making much effort to get away from Kronk as she seemed to be in a light jog, allowing Kronk to gain a lot of ground as he was basically sprinting behind her. She started to do her weird spin thing again and Kronk watched her with a keen eye, expecting an another arrow to fly towards him, but what was coming towards him was much larger than an arrow. It was a large bow, shaped like a boomerang that she aimed right at him. He stopped dead in his tracks and as quick as he could, pulled his spatha from his right hip with his right hand so that the blade was alongside his forearm. Kronk raised his arm up and put his arm in the way of the bow, blocking it with his spatha. The spatha and the bowmerang collided with a loud “twang” as the bow flew awkwardly down to the ground by his feet. The force of the throw forced Kronk back a couple steps, until he eventually regained his balance. Kronk walked back to the bow and decided to pick it up. He slung the bowmerang over his shoulder with the string across his back, the bladed half across his chest. The bow, although rather ornate and probably not very useful as a bow, could serve that purpose if Kronk got his hands on some arrows. Kronk noticed that the bowmerang had a handle in the middle, so it could be used like that if he needed it to. It could also serve as a very useful defensive type blade in melee, if it ever came to that.

The elf had also stopped running, probably waiting for her bowmerang to return to her after it had sliced Kronk in half. Seeing her bow now in Kronk’s possession, most likely put a rather sour look on her face, and it would not surprise him in the least, if his possession of her bow caused the elf to burst into tears. One could hope anyway. Kronk stood straight up and looked at his opponent, a look of anger clearly on his face. He took in a few deep breaths and then continued his run towards her. This time he decided it best to keep his spatha alongside his arm, just in case the elf decided to throw more objects at his face.

He realised that holding his spatha would slow down his running speed a bit, but if the elf was going to continue to jog, he should have no trouble catching up.

1 Rage point earned
4 Rage points total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:09 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Tyzrk had anticipated such a move from the opponent. She sighed as he started to charge once again at her. "Goddamnit.." she thought, "..why do I even have that thing? In past battles, everyone catches the damned Bowmerang one way or another. It's actually.. kinda expected now. Seriously, a boomerang is not a good idea with these bastards." She regained full posture, pushing herself back up to a normal stance. On half of her mind, she wondered how long she can keep this chasing game up. On the other half, she wondered what would happen if she were to bring this battle to a different twist. She eyed towards her green friend who quickly flew up to her. "Cover me," Tyzrk said, suddenly in more of a serious tone. Her eyes seemed to have sharpened as she gave a solid glare at the orc. Her hands bounced the Bladed Bow into the air, and as she caught it, her body was in a different stance. She was now holding her Bladed like she would a spear. With her left hand under the main shaft and her right hand over, she started a charge with her bow pointing straight forward towards the orc.

The intentions of her plan, ironically, was more defensive than offensive. She mentally challenged the orc to a game of Chicken, to see which one of them would stop or turn away first. With her bow's end pointed forward, she wondered if a thrust from her bow could hit him before his sword would hit her. For now, they only ran at each other. They weren't that far apart to begin with, and now with every step, they were closing the distance. Her heart started to race as she eyed around for escape points she could take should the orc get a clever attack.

leboyX wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Kronk closed in quickly on the elf as she stood there, toying with her equipment. She threw her bladed bow-like thing into the air and caught it again, now holding it as if she would a spear. She turned her head quickly and said something to the green thing. The green thing responding by bounding up and down and all around the place. Then she started running towards Kronk. Hold up… she started running towards Kronk? This should be interesting. “Finally some real combat”, Kronk thought to himself. The elf ran towards him with her shoulders low, sprinting towards him in an attempt to puncture him with her spear.

Finally a chance to release some of his pent up anger. The moment he had been waiting for had finally come. Hand-to-hand combat is what Kronk lives for. He relished the thought of finally being able to avenge his fallen comrades.

Kronk didn’t have much time left, he turned his spatha around and wielded it in both hands. By the time the elf was in striking distance he knew what he needed to do, and his plan was allready in action. He began to swing his spatha around in a circle starting on his left side.

“Our vengeance has come my comrades!” Kronk bellowed, his voice carrying all throughout the canyon. At the same time his blade was still swinging in a circle in front of his face, the spatha continued down on his right side and as the last word left his lips, the spatha connected with the spear that was now just in front of him. Planting his foot at the same time, he turned his body to the left and pushed the spear away from him, successfully deflecting it away to his left side. The spear continued to slide along his spatha as the elf ‘s momentum continued to bring the elf towards him. Still holding onto his sword with both hands he quickly brought his right elbow up, in hopes that the elf would smash her face into it.

4 Rage points total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:42 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Tyzrk was waiting for the chance to slide away. The main reason she wanted to try this out was to trick the guy and maybe making the him feel worse. However, she was a bit late, and before she could jump away or even react, the orc had thrown her bow off to the side. Tyzrk tried hard to regain her balance, her eyes widening in surprise. "This dude... is depressing." she thought as she tried to comprehend what he just said. At the same time, Mrs. Face met Mr. Elbow. Her first reaction was her feet stomping at the ground to get away. She moved too fast however, and only threw herself around. She flung herself a bit to the orc's left, where his elbow had hit her, rolling against the canyon floors for a few seconds.

"Ya know.." she thought to herself as she tried to ease her mind out of the pain, "...when my fighting life is over.. I'll write a book. A book of tips. I can see it now.. 'Chapter one: The Skeletal Structure of an Orc. Ow.'"

She figured that laying around wasn't the best idea, especially given the orc's position just near her. She pushed herself up, jumping back onto her feet with her bow in hands. This revealed that her nose was bleeding pretty badly, a part of her face was bruised. She got up too quickly however, which only made her even dizzier, nearly blacking out. "Shiiieett.. .Shouldn'ta done that.." She wobbled around carelessly as she tried to stand in the presence of that horrible, tingling pain, and blood rushing in and out of her head.

Xhercfa took the elbow to the face as the first sign to start moving. She flew to a good angle from the orc, and called for Jibou, Tyzrk's mental angelic conscience. As Tyzrk got up, Xhercfa and Jibou, both being about a fist in size, joined hands, chanting under their breaths in unison a hushed prayer to the Gods:

To the power of Framma,
And to the terrors of Vinthos,
The gods give to me, my reward for my undertaking...
To scour and to compensate,
To refine and fulfill our fate;
Lend us your strength!

Shooting their arms forward, they let a blast of yellow, bright energy towards the orc. The angle they were at allowed them to fire at the orc without the fear of possibly harming Tyzrk. This blast would hopefully distract the orc as Tyzrk would regain her state of mind, however her mind works to begin with.

(Shining Ray: 1 more use)

(NOTE! I edited my Fire Arrow count above. I thought I only had three per battle. Apparently, I have five. XD )

leboyX wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:04 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

The elf stumbled away and eventually fell onto her face after colliding with Kronk’s elbow. His attack proving to be successful. He began preparing his next attack on the now disorientated elf. His mind oblivious to the workings of the small green thing, he was just above the elf, about to skewer her with his sword when a bright ray of light hit him in the shoulder. The ray of light felt like a solid punch, making him fly backwards. The force of the blow made him spin backwards a complete 360 degrees as his feet came off the ground before landing flat on his face.

“RRRhhhhhh” Kronk grunted loudly as he got himself back up again. Seeing that the elf was still stumbling around as well. Kronk took the bow back off of his shoulder and held it in his right hand by the handle in the middle. He looked at the little green ball again. The anger on his face probably killing the creature with fear. The creature was bounding up and down as it had been, watching and waiting for Kronk to retaliate so that it could dodge his attacks just as easily as the last time.

Kronk pointed his spatha at the green fairy and shouted at it in his native language.

“Your teni wehh qoni”
(Pronounced: "AEohoo-ra teeaynee weay-ha-ha qohnee")
(Meaning: “Your time will come”)

Kronk’s anger burned against the fairy creature, but Kronk realised that the only way he could cause any “pain” to this creature was to kill its friend the elf, the creature itself being to fast and agile for Kronk to deal with. Kronk anger towards the fairy and his aim to kill the elf had to be combined into one common goal. If he could kill the elf, hopefully some of his anger towards the fairy could subside. His concentration focused on doing that one thing. He would not allow the fairy to distract him any longer.

Kronk looked at the elf, seeing that she was using all the time her pet conferred upon her to flush out the dizziness she was experiencing. Kronk also noticed a trail of blood emerging from her nose. Which brought a sadistic looking smile to Kronk’s face.

Both parties were standing upright and somewhat ready to do battle again.

Kronk held his spatha in his left hand, and the elf’s bowmerang in his right. Which he would attempt to wield as a defensive type weapon, its length and curve having the potential to do that quite well. Kronk, after taking a few deep breaths, regaining a bit of stamina, and then ran at the elf once again. When he was within striking distance he raised his spatha above his head and attempted to bring it down on the elf’s head.

1 Rage point earned
5 Rage points total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:16 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Tyzrk wiped some of the blood off of her face, now a bit more balanced. She tried her footwork for half a second, seeing that it was slower than usual. She was starting to get tired, and that was a bad thing. The orc once again charged at her, he seemed to have a limitless endurance. As he rose his arm up, sword stabbing into the sun, Tyzrk charged a magical energy down to her feet. It's a new trick she learned, and she wanted to at least use it. Almost right as he started to swing his arm downwards, she kicked her right heel against the floor, as if she was backsliding. Then, a blue energy seemed to shoot out of her feet, sending her backwards even faster. This new speed allowed her to dodge his attack, with nothing but a feeling of fear after she saw the blade barely miss her nose. When she landed, she wobbled a bit, still not completely orientated with her situation.

The elf decided that if the tides weren't hers, she might as well make something in her favor. She couldn't risk any more stupid close ranged attacks and miss, and couldn't afford to shoot arrows at him, as they might be shot out of her own Bowmerang against her. So she tucked away her Bladed Bow quickly, hoping it would be useful later. She continued to breath hard, trying to catch her breath. She had an agitated look on her face, a face of actual concentration and anger. When you get mashed in the face, who doesn't look like this?

Before the orc could comprehend how the elf tricked him and dodged the attack, she stretched her left arm out to the side. She closed her eyes as a bright flash of light came from her left hand. Blue energies started to form around it, winds started to blow in all directions. The energy started to spiral around her hand and expanding as if it were taking energy from the winds itself. Her hand clenched into a fist, making the winds scatter around her. There was a light explosion noise, and dust flew around everywhere. There wasn't enough dust to blind the orc, but there was enough to give Tyzrk a faded image.

As the dust started to collect back onto the ground, Tyzrk stood still in the same position as before. Her eyes opened, their cyan color seemed to glow unnaturally. However, one would not concentrate on her eyes, as there was another thing to worry about; on her left hand formed her magical, blue bow. Particles of energy and air could be seen passing through the bow if one would look at it closely. The bow gave off a harmless glow, like staring at the full moon. A sudden confidence surged through her veins as a smirk was allowed on her face. She glared once more at the orc, but this time, it had her characteristic smirk on a cat-like face. She wondered if the orc would charge at her once more. Given that that is almost the only thing he can do, he'd most likely do it. So as they continued to stare at each other, she started to think of a counter plan.

(Broken Movement: 2 more uses)
(Oh, and speaking of moon, Lunar New Year is coming up! The 26th! Yee~)

leboyX wrote: