It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Leon's Blood Path: These Things Called Humans (VS OSO)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:31 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: The twilight sky swirls... Chaos replaces Order... My own paradise
The fire was poetry in motion. The screams of the those trapped by it gave it an operatic feeling to it. The crackle of wood and occasional crash of timbers were the final piece to this performance, given it new meaning. And the conductor of this this little piece of art, was standing there in the midst of it all, conducting with a silver baton that dripped with red blood. His face was that of pure concentration with a lunatic's perception to detail. Sweet coursed down his body. Leon Zeros was giving another great show.

But this village was something special. Usually everyone runs out of the buildings and into the country side. On rarer occasions, they all grouped themselves together in the local church or something along those lines. BUt here, they all were beating on the door of a single hut, that is, those that got past Leon. Did this town have a local hero or something like that? He eventually made his way to it and kicked the door down. Inside he found nothing, only a single book. Standing in the chaos he had created, he flipped open the cover of the book. He knew a little bit of most languages, and could even read a little bit. Inside this book was the location of all the other villages and exactly the location of where Ger would be. There were also two little notes scrawled on some animal hide.

One said that the demon was growing closer to Lord Ger, that if you see him, run and try to make it to the city of Aeglos, Lord Ger's city for protection against him. Leon smiled, he was making an impact on the them if they were abandoning towns at the site of him. The other note simply said that the man Lord Ger was searching for was close. He had been spotted on the outskirts of this town. Leon cocked an eyebrow at this, who could Ger be searching for? After he finished cleansing this town, he he intended to find out. But who knows, you light a big enough bonfire,people are bound to come and see what's up.

Post subject: Re: Leon's Blood Path: These Things Called Humans (VS OSO)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:27 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Indeed.

Fire flashed from beyond the horizon and the relatively clear day had been poisoned with the only type of clouds that proved to be more ominous than an oncoming storm. The fields outside were free from the carnage-- they were polluted only by the scent of the ash carried onwards by the breeze. Sadly, it was a smell that most of the people in DI had become accustomed to.

Peace was a rare and valuable commodity and not everyone could afford its price.

If you wanted to travel outside of the city, you hired guards. If you wanted to protect the city, you trained guards. Of course, there were always those unlucky few that couldn't afford either and were forced to bribe their assailants with food or sex. Sick and twisted, this was how Darkness Incarnate has worked for the better part of a century... and from the ink-like signals in the sky, it showed no likelihood of changing any time soon.

Stoic, as always, the psionicist watched the distance with almost blatant uninterest.

He had recently stayed in the village and, while he was there, it showed no signs of external trouble. Sure, bandits and demons were commented upon... but from their descriptions, Ein concluded that they were nothing more than ramblings from a drunken braggart. Having 'survived' an encounter with a terrible monster, perhaps the fool believed his equally inebriated friends would buy him another drink. It didn't work.

"...Idiots..." He muttered beneath his breath.

Thankfully, this little hamlet had very little connection to the outside world and it seemed unlikely that it would be the target of a Prime Evil attack.

Monsters, Demons. Yes, they existed... but they were far more terrifying than words could ever describe them. Ein gave an involuntary shudder when his thoughts wandered back to Torment and Destruction. They were secluded, isolated incidents... and the mentioning of what a Prime Evil could do to a major city like Vallandar, to the west, or Feyluse, to the east.

It was unlike the blue-haired man... but, for a moment, he doubted himself. As part of his soul wished to continue travelling... while the other, softer part nagged him to go back.

While he wouldn't, normally, take a second glance towards a burning building, there was something about the situation that left a bad taste in his mouth.

"If this is a waste of time, I'm destroying the village myself."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:02 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Leon turned from the book and notes and started to headed towards the center of town. As soon as he was out in the open the first of them attacked him. The villagers here had a bit of a back bone to them and were actually trying to assault him. It was simple and easy to kill them all no matter how many attacked him at one time. They were slow and untrained and weak, no where near a good fight for him.

The strange part was that there seemed to be someone leading them all. It wasn't hard to find the leader either. She was standing in front of a large building probably a church or something like that. IT was easy enough to leave a trail of corpses to it though. It didn't take him long to realize who it was though. It was Ger's right hand, Rose the mage. He had killed her once, though maybe it was just an illusion. This time it was her though, he could see the sweet on her face from the heat and the ash of the fire. HE ran swiftly and got up to her quickly grabbing her by the throat and picking her up off the ground.

"SO Ger sends his lap dog out for me one more time. Too bad you've been trying your best to have this pathetic humans kill me. You've used up all your magick. Maybe I should kill you kill you slowly like this."

He shoves his tonfa into her belly and slowly starts to twist the blade around letting it grind against her spine and ribcage some be removing it and stabbing again. This was one of the few souls in the world he wasn't going to let die easily. Her death would be release for her from all the hells he could bestow upon her flesh. This was the price of her sins for what she did to his life. Leon wasn't quick to forgive her for killing his wife and child.

Rose however was concentrating on something else. She wasn't expecting on Leon getting here so quickly. She was so close to finding the man her master wanted to see. But she could see him standing there looking at the scene as she was being killed. She already searched his memories and found a face and voice that he was seeing now, one of lost love that he let down. A tortured smile came to her face as she spoke to Ein in his mind. This words were only meant for him.

"Ein.... you let me die again."

As she spoke to Ein, Leon slit her throat and threw her body down to ground. He saw her reaching out to something and turned to face a man standing there. Looking down at her and she desperately wanted to touch this man he knew who it was immediately. He smiled and laughed deeply as he looked at the stranger who felt so familiar to him, like an old trusted friend.

"I've killer her yet again! Now, I give you your chance to follow her into hell, this time to rest under the devil's heels alongside her!! Come on, Weltal, can you avenge her this time?!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:28 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

A few steps away, Ein could easily hear the starts of screams and warcries of the villagers within the town center-- often, they were cut short and were followed by the sound of someone gurgling on blood.

Somehow, expecting and preparing for the worst never really seemed to work for the psionicist. No matter how badly he imagined a situation to be, there was always something at work that twisted reality so that it would fit an a mould so impossibly horrible that even the mere vision of it acted like a slap in the face. Ein had seen his share of carnage and blood and, thus, watching a man slaughtering twenty or so villagers didn't even cause the blue-haired man to bat an eye. However... as the familiar looking man drew close to what appeared to be the village leader, something from within stirred.

Had she looked like that the entire time?

Ein had been watching the scene unfold and, despite the distance, he felt as though he'd be able to tell the difference between someone that looked like Sakura and Sakura herself. As her head sunk and rolled to the side in death, blood dripping from the spiked tonfas in her chest, unspoken words invaded his thoughts.

"Ein... you let me die again."

A single hand reached out, attempting to grasp the woman's body from beyond the 50 paces he was away. Without pause, the man tossed the now lifeless shell into the smoldering house-fire behind him.

And, again, something stirred from deep inside the blue-haired man.

"N-No. That's not right. The psychic shook his head, attempting to clear the fog in his thoughts. She was already dead-- he had already set her soul free with his own hands.

Suddenly, the killer called out.

"I've killer her yet again! Now, I give you your chance to follow her into hell, this time to rest under the devil's heels alongside her!! Come on, Weltal, can you avenge her this time?!" The mysterious killer had called from the distance, his words stabbing like daggers into the spellcaster's soul.

The monster growled and clawed from the blackened depths.

Not even the fight with J'ah had caused such feelings to rise. The psionicist's heart pounded within his chest and his left hand grabbed at it an attempt to calm himself. Leaning heavily onto his staff, he could focus just enough to feel the pulse of demonic blood pumping through his veins. This had happened only once before, long ago: the moment Sakura had let go of his hand and sacrificed herself to the swirling pit of blackness... the very same force that would eventually be come to known as the Prime Evils.

"No, not now..." He whispered to himself. His eyes were centering on one point in the ground, a technique that he had learned after decades of casting to help control the flow of mana inside the body.

It worked, partially at least, to curb his fury. Mind Reading was a powerful tool and it was even more dangerous in the hands of someone that create illusions at will. Sheer willpower forced his breathing to calm and his head slowly lifted its gaze from the ground. Whatever this mysterious person had intended to do, there was one thing that was certain: He had claimed the psionicist's attention.

"Who are you?!" He demanded. "What Prime Evil must I thank for that vision?"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:52 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"Who are you?!" He demanded. "What Prime Evil must I thank for that vision?"

"You forget me so soon Ger. Hard to believe." Leon was starting to close the gap between him and his goal. His grip on his tonfa was iron firm, his knuckles gone white from the strain. His blood sang through his veins. He was ready for what was about to take place, the final battle with Ger and the end of all his questions. they were all within his grasp, but the closer he moved to this man, the more he realized this was not Ger but someone similar. He could feel the uniqueness in him and then realized who he was dealing with. A laugh escaped him.

"No not Ger, but the other Weltal, Ein. Just as well, I would have had to hunt you down eventually. All those not of this world must be cleansed from it. He can not have a emissary here, even an unwilling one. I'm not surprised you don't recognize me. When first we meet I was some one else. Dying three times tends to change a man though. First I died bringing Orin to the other side. Next was when I destroyed the floating islands by destroying the force that held them together and getting rid of those like you and Ger in the process. The final time I died was not that long ago. It was in one of the Bastions of Forbidden Knowledge. It was there I gave up my humanity and finished my transformation.

"Yes, but you first knew me as a fledging martial artist, following in the footsteps of his Kiltharr father that walked the same path. But that was three life times ago. I'm now the newest kind of prime evil. I one that is wholly flesh, one that doesn't have use the bodies of others. I'm not as strong as Jah and Destruction yet, but my power continues to grow. I've become the thing my father and I once feared to become, but he was never given the right incentive to accept this demonic power into him. Amazing what the lose of of your tribe, seeing them turned into some strange glowing red substance and feeling it being forced into your body will do to you. Then having to watch your wife and unborn child die in your hands. I am the culmination of everything this body has seen. I was once Leos Rygen Sagara but I'm now the Prime Evil Sin of this world. I am Leon Zeros Ein Weltal, and you must die alongside your brother. No Genesite can be left alive to call their God to this place and doom this world as well."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:00 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"You forget me so soon, Ger. Hard to believe." The strange man had used a foreign name in reference and then proceeded to step forward. For a moment, the psionicist believed that perhaps this other person was under the same spell he was just a moment ago. That seemed not the case, however. After a few steps, the man let out a bitter laugh.

"No, not Ger, but the other Weltal, Ein. Just as well, I would have had to hunt you down eventually. All those not of this world must be cleansed from it. He can not have an emissary here, not even an unwilling one. I'm not suprised you don't recognized me. When first we met, I was someone else. Dying three times tends to change a man. First, I died bringing Orin to the other side. Next, it was when I destroyed the floating islands, by destroying the force that held them togeter and getting rid of those like you and Ger in the process."

Time stopped for the blue-haired man, if only for a moment. As 'renowned' as Ein was, he said nothing about his past to anyone; it was a dark secret, placed in a far away corner and inaccessible to even the most powerful mind-readers. The fact that this mysterious individual had known about Orin and the floating islands was unnerving. What was worse, was the comment that tied this 'Ger' and Ein together. Questions rose from the pit of the spellcaster's consciousness... but before he could put them to words, the person continued.

"The final time I died was not that long ago. It was in one of the Bastions of Forbidden Knowledge. It was there I gave up my humanity and finished my transformation... ..." There was a brief pause, Ein had guessed that the man was giving him a chance to digest what was just said.

The moment passed and he continued again.

"Yes, but you first knew me as a fledgling martial artist, following in the footsteps of his father that walked the same path. But that was three life times ago. I'm now the newest kind of Prime Evil. One that is wholly flesh, one that doesn't have to use the bodies of others. I'm not as strong as J'ah or Destruction yet, but my power continues to grow. I've become the thing my father and I once feared to become, but HE was never given the right incentive to accept this demonic power into him. Amazing, what the loss of your tribe, seeing them turned into some strange, glowing-red substance and feeling it being forced into your body, will do to you. Then, having to watch your wife and unborn child die in your hands. I am the culmination of everything this body has seen. I was once Leos Ryuko Sagara, but I'm now the Sin of this world. I am Leon Zeros, Ein Weltal! And you must die alongside your brother. No Genesite can be left alive to call their God to this place and doom this world as well!"

"Enough!" Ein snapped. While not a large man by any means, his voice boomed. "You will tell me what you know, or I swear to the high heavens I will tear out your innards and leave you to the vultures!"

The psionicist had not heard the word 'Genesite' since ancient times and, that alone, was enough to dig up bad memories. Long ago, that was what Ein's people called themselves. Generation after generation, they worked with magic and their power over Mana and the Æther grew immensely. So powerful, they became, that they started to think they had transcended their own race-- they no longer thought they were 'Human'. Instead, they called themselves 'Genesites'... derived from their belief that they were first, and most powerful, beings on the planet. They had been enlightened and blessed by the gods and, thus, they shunned all other races and locked themselves away.

After a few centuries, their ever increasing pride had once against pushed them to do something extreme. All-powerful as they believed they were, they decided that it would be best if they literally put themselves beyond the reach of the lesser races. From the sky, they could reign over the world like gods and continue to develope their skills. Somewhere east of what is now the Twin Rivers, the Genesites tore the land apart. They ripped it from its foundation, threw it into the sky, and used large crystals of condensed mana to keep them aloft.

Or at least, that's what Ein had come to guess. He was born a Genesite a long, long time ago... and he was high-ranking soldier within the community's church-military: an Exorcist. The problems with using mass amounts of magic (like the crystals did) was the fact that it draws the attention of beings from another plane. On the floating islands, there was but one type of menace. Demons were a rare, but dangerous, threat to the Genesite's colony.

It was rare for the blue-haired man to become so angry. The fact that this enlightened 'Leon' knew so much was frightening.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:52 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"Enough!" Ein snapped. While not a large man by any means, his voice boomed. "You will tell me what you know, or I swear to the high heavens I will tear out your innards and leave you to the vultures!"

"I told you Ein Weltal, I am the Sin the world, of all people. But no need to threaten me, I will gladly tell you everything I know simply for the asking." Leon lifted a finger and pointed it to the middle of his forehead. The finger tapped it twice and Leon laughed. "All you simply need to do read my mind. The whole story in there from beginning, to the present, to the all the alternate endings that this path of mine might lead to. Take a look If you want, see what's in my head!"

And the tale began to unfold itself in his mind. It started off with Leon as once was, the half kiltharr hybrid that grew rapidly. The images of his first kill while defending his mother and step brother from murderers after him. The on's of fighting with his step father, the mastermind behind the plan on Leon's life. The sad image of his mother cradling him in her arms and then being slain by same step father. The next image was that of him slowly dying as Leon first awakened the demon inside, the demon called Orin and burned away the man's nervous system, leaving him a living corpse.

Then came the start of his journey seeking out his real father, Rygen Sagara and the first time he crossed paths with Ger's minions, the first being Rose. Also the image of the first time he meet his Angel, meet Ayase, the woman that saved his life from being consumed in the darkness of Orin's being. Their journey replayed itself in his mind as it had done many times. Now came his first meeting with Ein. Then came the time Both him and Ayase were chased out of a town. The hatred boiled in him even then for humanity, but he thought it was just Orin's influence. Then came the return to home to his village and the fight with the reanimated body of his father, being used as a meat suit for Orin. He then departed his village alone, having left Ayase behind, knowing she could not follow him to where he had to go. The scene of digging through the rubble the of temple of light and his ascension to the temple in the sky, seeing the gate way to the other side in front of him. The gateway was the Genesites greatest achievement. It allowed them to cross over to the other side of reality, not to the land of the dead, but the land of the gods. Before the gate stood Ger and Rose. It was then that Leon noticed the similarity of the two Weltal's but he had other things on his mind so he pressed forward, leaving this world behind.

Then came the dream, the perfect dream that Orin granted him on the other side while taking control of his body. But perfection can last only a moment and the feral side, the bestial side, of Leon broke free of that dream and fully surfaced and when it did, it destroyed his former body and was given new flesh to be its own. Leon was reborn to do battle with Orin for a final time. the two clashed and in the end, Leon burned away Orin's very existence from all realities. He had won that day, only to find that he was trapped in that other realm, but he soon broke open the door and returned and found his way back to Ayase. He found his moment of perfection then, but like it was said earlier, perfection only lasts for a second.

Leon was called away a final time, to go out and finish what he started when he returned to this world. He had to go out and face the demons that he had released. The journey was long and hard. He fought many of the demons and shadows from other worlds, and others that had been created by the Genesites themselves. He fought his way to the heart of the floating islands and there he meet a particular man. One he knew only legends about. This man walked up to hims and confronted him about the darkness that he harbored within himsef. This man knew everything that was going on in the world, but he focused mainly on Leon. He told Leon what was planned for him by the Genesites and gods of this world. He was to become their guardian and advance the cause of humanity, to make it so this world was to become another of their conquered ones, where magic was left behind and everything became theirs to toy with and us as they see fit. Where everyone would become a servant to the god of greed and conformity, corruption and hate, servants of the blind god. He then told him his name. He simply said it was Zanza Rygen, he was the true Rygen, the very first and original one, the one who transcended time and space and moved freely among all worlds and realities. He told Leon what he would become if he didn't act now. He then told Leon that he would see him again once he was firmly set in his path. Then he just vanished as he walked forward and Leon knew what had to be done.

Leon went to the main crystal that sustained the power of the floating islands and poured his entire being into it and caused it to destroy itself, but when he did this, all the demons that had been inhabiting the islands flocked to him. They wanted to be free of this place and saw Leon struggling, so they gave him their power, gave them their demonic blood. With their help, he shattered all the crystals at once and destroyed the gateway, thus forcing the path the blind god would one day use closed for now. As the crystals shattered, the islands began to break apart and turn into dust and litter the sky with lights. Leon remembers waking up in a remote field somewhere, his body felling drained, but intact and complete.

The next few days he slowly made his way home, finding it occupied by some strange force. His entire clan seemed to walking zombies. He found Rose behind this and fought with her. She escaped again, but not before evoking some strange spell causing everyone in the village to drop dead and their bodies liquefy into some strange some red goo. The goo then started to force itself into his body feeding his growing demonic power. It was sickening to feel and live through. He could his body changing on the inisde, something not quite right begining to grow within his very soul. Then he continues to stumble around finding Ayase captured by Rose and Yugo, his step brother, under her control and attacking him. He killed him eventually feeling a bit sickened by it and then watched as Rose killed Ayase. That was what released his full power. His body changed growing strange bone like protrusions. He was becoming like that of a demon and all their knowledge and that that Zanza gave him was unlocked. He knew everything, what this all was and why it was done to him. He planned revenge against everyone in the human race and the Genesites. He started by torturing and killing Rose, at least what he thought was Rose. His body soon reverted back to normal as he killed everything in his wake on his path towards Ger.

Then the scene in the Bastion where, thanks to a dwarf named Grimmar, he was able to rid himself of all his remaining humanity and fully get rid of the man he used to be. He was something new, with all the knowledge he needed to at least slow down the arrival of the blind god. he could now relentlessly slaughter and have nothing holding him back now. But he knew eventually that the world would send "heroes" after him to stop him. So he would hunt down this hereos one by one and kill them in this fashion if he could. Ein's name was at the top of the list for three reasons. He was currently classified as one of the top warriors in DI. He too had demonic blood running in his veins, something Leon shared with him and wanted to see just what it meant to use such powers. the third one was easy to determine. It was because he was Ger's brother and a Genesite. Both were offenses that HE had to dye for. All this were things Leon ran through his mind for Ein to find out, waiting for his chance spring his trap.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:31 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(How's this post work for you?)

[Mind Probe; 1x left]

Mind reading is a strange technique.

In battle, it offers the spellcaster a premonition of what is about to happen. By knowing the intentions of their opponent, they can therefore dodge what could be a potential death. Likewise, 'Mind Probing' also has an innumerable amount of uses while in a safer, less dangerous environment. Anyone that is willing (or sleeping for that matter) to pass on knowledge of a certain story or situation to the reader can-- although it's potentially hazardous.

The information comes all at once and, rarely, can a psychic handle such pain. It's like a film that's going too fast... or, better, forcing too much water through too small of a hole.

Reality blurred for Ein and his vision faded for a moment. As intelligent as the blue-haired man was, the knowledge offered by this person was immense and unfathomable all at once. He felt his knees buckle beneath him and the normal sensations of the world around him were notably missing. It felt like water was around him, as if he were sinking into a thick-watered ocean.

... ...Blood.

The realization hit him like a brick. Leon's existance was one of carnage, death, and saddness... so it was logical that his consciousness was filled with nothing but sanguine thoughts. While Ein swam, he felt his true body land heavily against the ground...

He had passed out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:43 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"NO! Wake up Ein Weltal. You're not allowed to pass out on me. Your kind is the reason I'm like this. Genesites and humans drove me to become this remorseless demon of destruction, the new god of death. The reaper does nothing but collects the souls I leave for him. I can feel him standing behind me, just waiting for me to commence my next slaughter. Now wake up and fight me you worthless Genesite sack of flesh. I'll send you to the fiery hell that you deserve."

Leon made little effort to move. Fighting Ein in this condition would be shameful. He needed to face strong opponents in true combat, not those incapable of defending themselves against an attack. The spirit of death urged him to kill the genesite now why he had the chance. Leon told it go away and get to work, there were souls it needed to claim weren't there. It would have to wait for its chance to claim Ein's. It grudgingly set about its work, hating that this new prime evil, a being meant only to kill, actually had a mind and could think for himself, one that was not just a creature of darkness.

Leon walked over and studied this Ein more closely, trying to take a measure of what kind of man he was. He couldn't tell. The stink of Genesite blood filled his veins, but also the same scent of that of a demon. Leon needed to test himself against Ein, to see if he was truly a prime evil, to see if he could stand against such a a strong foe so early, to test himself before claiming Ger's and his follower's lives as a memorial to his tribe and to honor those who stand against the blind god. He walked off and waited, the light from the fires casting strange shadows on the ground. The strangest being that of both Ein and Leon.

Each of their shadows danced with in the fading light as the fires died down. Leon's shadow jumped around dancing for corpse to corpse as if drinking in the fallen blood of it's victims. It looked inhuman, points coming up all over its body at strange places. Leon remembered what that form looked like with ease, the shadow not doing it justice.

Ein's shadow was something else. The light seemed to cast a dark behemoth around the unmoving Weltal. Leon could see it surge to larger sizes every once in awhile, as if something was trying to get out. Leon wondered just what kind of demon this blue haired remnant of a fallen race harbored in his unconsciousness mind. He would force it out soon enough and see just what kind of power this man lying defense on the ground really had. But first he could rest and prepare for the fight ahead while the pscionist slept off his physic feedback hangover.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:08 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

One thousand three hundred and sixty eight.

One thousand three hundred and sixty nine.

One thousand three hundred and seventy.

Hmm?

A blinding light invaded his vision, slipping between the cracks in his eyelids and rousing the sleeping psionicist. His fingers twitched and, with a sudden gasp, the upper part of his body shot upwards from its horizontal position. Everything was blurry and Ein's eyes were heavy with forced sleep. How long had he been asleep?

It was dark now and the moon was barely visible from behind the black clouds that hung in the sky. The raging fire was nothing but cinders and ash now and a chill wind cut through the execution grounds. By all means and standards, Ein should have been dead. What a idiotic move it was to accept such a large amount of information all at once. A question, an action, a thought, such things were simple and caused little stress on a psionicist's mind. However... entire life-spans and novels would often knock the spellcaster out cold.

Blinking a few times, the blue-haired man was finally able to notice a lonely, shadowy figure.

It was Leon.

Scowling somewhat, Ein brought himself to his feet and lightly patted over his body. Nothing seemed to be missing and he wasn't seriously hurt. His fingers subconsciously wrapped around the jewel around his neck. Everything else could be replaced-- or wasn't important at least. He let out an inaudible sigh of relief.

"What do you want from me?" It seemed a silly question, especially after gathering the entirety of the story by reading Leon's mind. However, the psionicist wanted to hear it in the man's very own words. "If you were looking for one, your chance of killing me was a few hours ago."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:41 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Leon stood watch and the pcisonist eventually woke up. It was sudden and just as Leon expected. He knew there was nothing much to it, just signals in one's mind going through actions yet again as they had many times before. He watched as the pcioninst did a once over of his own body before looking at Leon with disgust on his face then watched as he body relaxed as he clutched at something around his neck.

"What do you want from me?"
It seemed a silly question, especially after gathering the entirety of the story by reading Leon's mind. "If you were looking for one, your chance of killing me was a few hours ago."

"What makes us different from the rest of them Ein? That is the burning thought in my mind. I've destroyed countless villages, never once seeing one such as myself amongst humans. One who actually cares about things other than wealth, like you do with that talisman around your neck. To others probably just a possession, to you something worth dying for again and again and again maybe. I want to know why we forced to become outcasts, why the human drives itself so far, so fast, that it spawns things such as us, demons and monsters.

"We shouldn't exist in a world like this. I didn't want to become this thing, I was driven to it. The world cried out for a savior to stop the march of humans. Elves cry out for the forests, dwarfs for the mountains, Kiltharr for the plains, but none are heard. Then in stupidity the humans try to learn things best forgotten and welcome the first primevil into this world. I'm sure your familiar with Jah. And with Destruction as well. You were there both times a primeval came to this world. And now you witness the third one, the first of his kind, and the last. I didn't accept this curse for power, just like you don't try and dominate with yours. This form will let me kill Ger Weltal, your brother and head disciple of the former demon Orin. But why was I chosen, does destiny single out certain souls and gives them hard paths like this to walk. This is what I want to know, are we just pawns used by the powers for some game, or is there choice?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:45 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The fact that Ein had a brother was to be disputed. Placed within the Church's care at walking-age, the psionicist would have little knowledge of his family. He was taught religion, magic, and slaying; An exorcist needed no more. The fact that this man, Ger, was his blood brother meant little more than they shared DNA-- pointless bits that didn't, couldn't, make them truly related.

Ein had only one person, their remains locked within the amulet around his neck, that he could ever have called family. His fingers lingers on the orb for a moment before listening to Leon's response.

[What he said]

A smirk broke his features, followed by a soft chuckle, which eventually erupted into a fit of spiteful laughter. He hadn't meant to mock the man's question, far from it actually. It was an earnest question... the mentioning of it had just brought back interesting memories was all.

Quote:
Time stopped briefly, yet the two were still able to hear the Goddess's words.

"Ein... And... Telif. Now, I could merely end this now: Kill both of you and end the world myself. But I've already picked a future and set it into motion. It's rather interesting watching you fight, knowing every move you make even before you do."

"You amuse me, little mortals... so please, continue your game. The free will you've been given is nothing but an illusion."

The voice was like a pulsing heart-beat. He wasn't quite sure what had just touched him... except that it was an odd existence, other-worldly . It wasn't evil... Or good, for that matter. It was numb, neutral... Like used bath-water. "What...?" Ein's voice echoed, dully off some un-seen surrounding. "What are you?!" He hissed.

Just then, a flash took place... It was Faye. She was the one that had reached into his mind.

"You state that we are puppets..." He spoke calmly. "That we're nothing but pieces for some board-game...?" He shook his head then and smirked. "You know me, Faye... You should know me well enough at least: I won't stand for it." His voice hinged on anger, and eventually the scales tipped. "I won't stand to be played with! I won't be used like a pawn!!!!"

"What an interesting way to phrase that question..."

Ein gave another soft chuckle and stroked his chin thoughtfully.

"There are some mortals that will give up instantly, with barely a push. Yet... some will fight even if no hope exists for them. It depends: What are you? Are you strong enough to swim against the Tides of Time and Fate?"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:01 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Leon looked on at Ein and weighed what he had just heard. It was the same question he kept coming back to again and again. SO he thought about all he had seen, all that was foretold to him when he was up there in the floating islands, about what he knew his destiny was to be. He had seen what his role was in this world was supposed to be, and he still held back working against it. He closed his eyes in deep meditation.

Is this what it all comes down to, if I'm strong enough to fight against the entire world and universe, against the gods themselves. And what of the demon inside of me, what does it think about this. Sin lusts for blood, but there is something else inside of him besides just the desire to kill. Guess the answers lie only in one place.......

He smiled as he looked at Ein.

"The answer is never obvious is it. It's never exactly known what type of creature we are until we come up against the hard choices." He looks him square in the eye and smiles as his aura flares for a brief second as Leon closes the gap in less than a blink of an eye, his feet straight out in front of as he streaks across the air. He had used his flash step as he leaped forward, turning his body into a deadly projectile with force and speed behind him of a cross bow bolt. His legs were infront of him like a slide but both feet flat footed and tensed.

For the few second he was staring straight up into the sky amazed at how beautiful the stars and moon were through the smoke haze coming up off the ashes. Countless stars, countless points of light, countless lives looked up at the same sky he was looking at. How many of them would he kill, would outlast him, would live happily blissful lives unaware that their world was teetering on the edge of the cliff ready to fall into the abyss of chaos yet again. The endless waltz of time always goes unbroken. Then his perception turned as he was staring at the blue haired man again and his thoughts drifted back to the battle at hand.

Surprise tactic for both Leon and Ein probably. He had images of all the sort of opening moves he had ever thought of trying, this being the furthest one from it. He was opening up with a desperation attack, something he hoped would pay off in the end.

(Ki charge used, recharge 0/4 2 charges left)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:20 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"The answer is never obvious, is it? It's never exactly known what type of creatures we are until we come up against the hard choices."

Leon smiled. Ein squinted.

And it was all followed by a flash.

It didn't happen too often... but even Ein was caught off guard every once in a while.

It was an instinct response: the muscles tightened within his chest and his arms scrambled to form some kind of defense. It was barely half-way between a flinch and a solid block before Leon's attack landed and the world went completely horizontal-- again.

Thankfully, Ein was awake when he hit the ground this time. Although... he happened to be sprawled out roughly ten or so paces away from where he originally stood. As he painfully propped himself up with one arm, his double-vision became acutely more apparent. The hit was a good one and a foot-shaped bruise stretched across part of his chest and both arms. Stifling a snarl and fingernails dragging across the dirt, the psionicist picked himself up once more.

Of course, now that the martial artist had started the fight... Ein noticed his staff was nowhere to be found. Like many things in existence, it was never around when you needed it.

"I'm beginning to believe that you did that without thinking-- as you probably do with most things." His eyes narrowed and his head lowered, shadows playing across his features. "So... I will give you one chance to leave before I turn your body into nothing more than a smear against the ground."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:10 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Leon put landed on his back and lied there for a second, the blood lust singing through his veins. He propped himself up on an arm and stood up slowly, his blood on fire. He looked at the pscionist a couple of feet away and grinned. He reached down and felt the grips on his tonfa and felt the worn leather there against his finger tips. He drew them slowly as the blue haired man stood.

"I'm beginning to believe that you did that without thinking-- as you probably do most things." His eyes narrowed and his head lowered, shadows playing across his features and Leon stilled smiled. "I will give you one chance to leave before I turn your body into nothing more than a smear against the ground."

His body was so full of fire that nothing frightened him right now. He stared down Ein as he started to lightly twirl his tonfa around in the air.

"Come on then, let me make my stand against you Ein. Let me see what all the warnings were about. The others told me to avoid you, to not face a demon who has lived so long in this world and fights for some cause. But I want to see which is stronger, the half blood or the ascended one!"

He strikes a fighting pose as his aura flares up bright the battle already begun but now about to begin in earnest. "Show me your power Ein, let me see what others fear so I can conjure it and make it my own."

Delete message