It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Clear Lakes and Black Wood (BDF)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:51 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The weather shifted as Drakol continued his journey. What was once bitter cold was now more bearable, if still cool. The changing weather had caused a good deal of the snow on the ground to melt; yet there remained some patches of white sulking in the shade of trees, hoping for the return of the cold. Despite the now muddy disposition of the ground, Drakol wasn't missing the cold at all. He would take the sloshing of water and the sticking of his boots over the loss of feeling in his fingers, toes, ears, and the shivers any day. So he continued like this for many days, his course always set south, and his eyes always forward with his mind in other realms altogether. It was dangerous to be daydreaming while walking the roads, but he felt confident in himself. Perhaps too confident.

Regardless of his overconfidence, the drow made it to his final destination in once piece. Along the trip he felt the warming pattern that was consistent with traveling from north to south, and he walked with his robe open against the heat. It really wasn't overly warm out, hardly breaching the 20 degree Celsius mark; but he was now acclimated to the cool, and the quick change made him feel the warmth more acutely. Four medallions dangled around his neck now. They were all different in both material and shape, but they were all terribly similar in the unknown power that they radiated. It made sense for these various emblems to radiate feelings of power when taking into consideration the locations in which he found them. All four had been found in areas suffused with arcane power. Areas that Gauge had sent him to.

And now there was only one more.

He began to follow a silver river about three days away from his last destination. An immense black pillar dominated the horizon to the west. He recognized that pillar from his vision, and knew that his reward was only one leap away. With his mind on other things, the drow failed to notice, even when he drank, that the water of the river was permeated with arcane power. Drakol was indeed far gone during those last few days before coming to the dock. That immense, beautiful, and horrifying dock.

A black-booted black foot stepped onto the first black plank of the dock. Before him lay a small bay, which opened out into an ocean further down the line. As his boots clunked hollowly against the wood of the gigantic dock, Drakol scanned the crystal clear water. The water itself was impressive. In all of his travels, he had never seen water so clear in his life, despite a slightly putrid smell. Underneath that crystal surface, there were an uncountable number of ships laying scattered and broken along the pure white sand that lined the bay. This carnage stretched as far as the drow could see, and no doubt farther than that. Despite the horrible shape of the boats, the dock seemed pristine; and though it must have been at least three or four hundred years old, it showed no sign of its age.

As he reached ninety of the hundred meters of the dock's length, he froze. There, not three inches from the tip of his black nose, was a shimmering and crackling field of energy. Curious, Drakol spat into the barrier. Nothing happened.

He took a step forward.

A single figure wearing black robes stood at the head of the dock, facing an armada of ships. None stood with him, yet thousands stood against him. Still, the robed figure didn't look worried as his brown hair began to blow on arcane wind and arcane words came from his mouth. Archers and engineers came to the decks of the boats, manning bows, ballistai, and catapults. There was a hush, broken only by arcane words, as time seemed to stand still. Collective shouts rose from the ships, and all of the ordinance was unleashed at once. As the mage was about to be skewered, a massive pulse of energy was unleashed from his body. Ships at close range were blown over, and others had their shots returned against them. That wasn't the end, however. His left and right hands shot out simultaneously and an uncountable number of streaks of black lightning shot from his palms toward the ships. Some burst into flames, others exploded, and some had holes punched straight through their hulls as the black lightning forked across the bay. Every ship in that armada sank as the mage crumpled to the ground, his energy spent and his heart stopped. A single cry sounded from behind as a male figure came dashing up the dock to be at the side of the mage. The broad-shouldered man picked up the lifeless body and began to take him away, but soon began to wither like a plant in too-hot sunlight. The docks went black underneath the man's feet, and he too crumpled to the ground.

The world stood still. Even the small eddies of the water ceased their motion as the black-robed figure, dead only moments ago, rose to his feet and shook off the body of the one who had tried to carry him away.

Drakol's vision watched the figure go, walking toward the black pillar. The black-robed figure walked forward, and never looked back.

The drow stood at the end of the dock for a moment, dazed and bewildered, and It was only now that he noticed that the entire bay was devoid of all natural sound. The magics that the mage had cast were so powerful that they lingered now, countless years later, and his necromantic rebirth had laid a curse upon the place.

“Such power! It shall be mine!”His impulse was to leave straight away, and head in the same direction that the other black mage had.

In a whirl of black robes he turned and took a step forward, then stopped once more dead in his tracks...

Post subject: Re: Clear Lakes and Black Wood (BDF)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:27 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Suddenly everything changed.

Musalis had walked through a light little group of trees which with lots of imagination could be called a small forest, trying to remember forest songs. She couldn't, because she needed real forests for inspiration. So she had looked at the trees, tried to imagine that behind them were more trees, and not miles and miles of nothing but grass. And suddenly, the world seemed to tilt, than spilt. The pieces turned, and came back together into another position, and revealed a black dock underneath her feet. Musalis had been teleported. In DI, that happened often enough. No one could badge with it any tavern and get appreciation. The only thing you'd get was bored looks.

But still, the event was something Musalis was not used to. It made her body itch, defied her mind and left her disorientated for a moment. Until now, this was only her second time to move over vast distances in the blink of an eye. The last time had been when she had been sent to be trained for DI.

This time, however, noone had announced any reason for her sudden change of position. The teleportation could therefore have had various reasons:
Some very strong magician who had nothing better to do, even though magicians that strong were rare. And why a magician would teleport her was also beyond her.
So it could just have been some stray magic, leftovers from an ancient spell, that suddenly had teleported her, without any good reason at all.
Third option, some God found pleasure in moving people around DI for the sole pleasure of seeing them confused.
The last option was that she actually was here for a reason, but in that case she would get to know the reason soon enough anyway.

Looking around her, Musalis was blinded. That was not a thing she was used to. Her sight was not affected by sunlight, might it be as bright as it wanted to be. Musalis used some time to wait for her sight to adjust, then finally she could continue her examination of the landscape. She noticed that the black dock which she stood on was surrounded by crystal clear water. It was also surrounded by a pretty strong magical field, which was what had blinded her. Just as normal eyes that used light to see were blinded by strong light, she used magic to see and was therefore blinded by strong magic. However now her eyes had become used to the field, and she could see normally. The strong magic made her think that option two, some stray magic, was probably right. Here was the stray magic, right in front of her.

And it was disturbed, too. She looked to find the source of the small waves of power floating through the magic, and found a man. He had a strong magical aura, which was responsible for the waves crossing slowly through the magic.

So Musalis decided to drop option two for the moment, and go for option one, a magician who had nothing better to do.

Musalis walked forward, her light blue robe waving around her, hiding the fact that she was a skeleton, and glittering in the magic filling the air. Small sparks of energy sprang between the robe and the dock, proving that this magic field was much stronger than anything she had come over yet. Besides the robe, nothing was visible of Musalis. Her body, her dagger and her bible were all hid under it.

At a distance about three meters from the stranger, she stopped.

“Hello. I am Musalis, and it seems you have teleported me here. I'd like you to give me the reason for that, or send me back. Preferably both, though.”

Her voice moved through the air, and was slightly changed by the magic in it, making it sound at the same time both more and less harmonically, both higher and lower, reminding her how strange her current surroundings were.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:21 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

“Teleported you here.. are you mad? Why the devil would I teleport you directly into the path in which I would be walking. And even if I did want to talk to you, which I certainly don't little one, I would have brought you to a place more welcoming than this. Now if you would please be so kind as to move, I will be on my way.”

The figure before him was short, no larger than a child, and clad head-to-foot in blue robes. He couldn't see anything about the figure, and could only approximate her race. For all he knew, she could be anything from a human child to a halfling adult. While it didn't make sense for a human child to be confronting a full-grown drow, it definitely wouldn't be the strangest thing in the world to happen to him.

There was one thing about this figure that was certain, however. The figure definitely wasn't normal. Drakol knew that, in comparison to most voices, his was quite musical. The one of the half-pint in front of him, however, was far above and beyond his own in musical quality. It seemed to carry many different notes in every word. It was like a whole musical group playing together in just that one word. The voice was also distinctly female, though he noted a lack of breasts on the creature.

Obviously magical. I should be wary of this one, just in case something bad happens here.

He slid his hand to the grip of the scimitar and made an attempt to pass by the robed figure, giving her as wide a berth as possible. While it did not seem that she had weapons on her person, she could have had them concealed somewhere beneath her flowing robes. Drakol used this tactic commonly, so he almost expected this from the figure before him. It was always better to keep your opponent guessing than to give them all of your cards at once.

And that was exactly what he was trying to do now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:16 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Musalis was irritated. Life was often unharmonic, and she didn't like it. Life was her source of inspiration for music, and unharmonic situations left her with the feeling that something mayor was wrong with this world. Right now the event had been like a progression of tones, going towards an climax. But this stranger had broken the progression, leaving her empty inside. Of course he could nothing for it, but nontheless it made her angry.

"You could at least tell me your name. That is part of the basic manners, I don't know, maybe you have heard of it? Manners? Hear a bell ring inside your head?"

Musalis noticed that she was been a little more mean than necessary. But her voice was used to be used, and often worked as fast as her thoughts, giving her no time to think before she spoke. Musalis forced herself to a little while of silence, and considered saying that she was sorry. But she wasn't, and Musalis had no intention of lying.

Anyway, even if she was angry and being mean, standing in the way of a mighty magicuser was dangerous, so she took some steps to her side, allowing the man to pass. Musalis wondered what she as to do now, as she had no clue where she was, or how she could get back. An idea popped op in her head, and before she knew, she had already told it to the stranger.

"Anyway, it seems I am lost, because I was teleported here, and nobody bothered to tell me where 'here' is. On the other hand, you seem to know where you are going. Given that, I will just follow you, and voila, I am no longer lost."

To prove her words, she started to walk in the same direction as the stranger, but keeping a safe distance just in case.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:50 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"Manners? Hah! I dropped my need for manners long ago when I stopped associating with people other than myself. Now, I just kill them." He said so with a sneer on his face. It would be better if he intimidated this little figure as best as possible. She would be less likely to attack then, and less likely to be an annoyance to the drow as he made his way from the black dock to the black pillar.

He passed by the short figure, glaring at her as she gave him a wide berth, but then began to follow him down the ridiculous length of the dock.

After taking fifteen steps or so, the drow heard a second set of steps in the eerie silence. It was obvious that she wasn't going to leave him alone. After a few more steps he slowed his pace and came to a halt, casting an acidic glance over his shoulder as the steps behind him did the same. Shes keeping a safe distance. If annoying, at least shes smart

"Anyway, it seems I am lost, because I was teleported here, and nobody bothered to tell me where 'here' is. On the other hand, you seem to know where you are going. Given that, I will just follow you, and voila, I am no longer lost."

Drakol was getting very annoyed with this creature very, very quickly. Her voice drove him mad as it was, since it was better and more musical than his own. There was also the fact that this creature, though he couldn't see its face, was beginning to seem more and more like a little girl all the time; and Drakol absolutely hated children. And now the little beast insisted on following him! The drow felt his blood beginning to boil as flares of arcane fire danced in his eye sockets.

He rounded on the girl, doing his best to look as menacing as possible.

"Look, girl, you don't want to go where I'm going. Might I suggest instead sitting here and crying like the baby that you seem to be and hope that someone comes along to this gods-forsaken dock and picks you up."

He turned around and began to walk forward again, listening very intently to his own steps echoing emptily across the wooden planks. Still, any sound behind him would be acutely heard in the stillness that was the region around the dock.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:34 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Musalis was beginning to feel some excitement through her sense of disorder and interruption that had come from her change in position and the total lack of explanations. Being ripped out of reality and stuffed into a different part of reality had that effect, but now that she was here, in the next part of her life, she could as well try to get on with it, instead of dwelling on the past. Quickly Musalis put her bad mood behind her, and focused on the present, in particular the man before her.

What was he doing on such a desolated dock? Why putting manners behind him, and yet... he seemed not to lack them completely. How did he gain such power, to disturb the magical field around her, without even seeming to notice? Musalis had nothing better to do for the moment, so she decided to find some answers. She caught up the distance between them, and continued to follow the strange man, still keeping a distance.

"Hey, there! Even though you claim to have left all you manners behind you, your insults were not rude or clumsy at all, but rather sophisticated. I actually enjoyed them to some degree, it was so refreshing from having word slung at me that can be described as the equivalent of dirt. Unfortunately, there are too many people in this world like that, people who have failed in battles and have to live miserable lives in the streets. Actually, I found on my journey until now that some of the brightest people I have met were not friendly at all. It could be because they are so fed up with the stupidity of the rest of the world. To came back to my point, I think you might be good company, once you stop seeing yourself as hostile and instead try to be a little nice. So I'm sorry to say that I have to refuse your generous suggestions of sitting here and crying, because I have little hopes for anyone to come by. Wherever you are going, it can't be much more desolated than this, can it? And if it is worse i can just go back, maybe enjoy the clear water her... you have noticed that this water is unbelievable clear, haven't you?"

While she was talking almost automatically, Musalis tried to think of the dock. What could be the reason for it being here? Was there any connection between it and the magical field? Why had she never heard of it, even though it seem to be a landmark? Much smaller and less impressive docks were better know. But none of the docks she had heard about was black. The magic blurred her vision when she tried to look towards the horizon, so all she could see was the dock and water. Maybe there were some landmarks out there, telling her were she was. But as is was, they were hidden, and she was as lost as she had told the stranger.

"By the way, I still don't know your name. If it's true that you are going to kill me, there would be no harm in telling me."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:17 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Drakol was sick of this girl's babbling. He was completely and utterly sick of it. Sure she was smart, much smarter than a young girl could possibly be, but she was using her intellect toward means of annoyance rather than things that would have actually been beneficial to her; like finding her way home, or at least finding out where she was.

Drakol's blood continued to boil as he heard the footsteps quicken behind him to keep pace with his quickened stride. It was then that she spoke her long slew of words, only feet behind him and keeping pace with quick steps. The drow once again slowed his pace. The girl was really truly trying his nerves. He really didn't want to waste time killing the girl when he had other places to be that were much more important. He also gathered from her diarhea-like speech that she was well traveled despite her small stature.

He rounded to face her; slowly this time so as not to betray his brewing purpose, and took a step or two forward, bringing her into sword range.

"You are a persistent one, I'll give you that. Fine, my name is Drakol. And I'll cut you a deal. If you manage to survive in combat against me, or even beat me, heavens forbid, then I will allow you to follow me around to your heart's content. If you lose however, you will be lying dead on this dock. Your blood will pollute this magicked water, and you will be forgotten in the annals of history." His right hand drifted once more toward the grip of his sword, showing his intent.

"Do you agree to these terms, little girl? Well, regardless if you do or not, I still need to remove your utterly annoying presence from my space." His right hand darted toward the grip of his sword and flashed out of its sheath, arcing forward in a slash that would attempt to quickly remove the girl's head from her shoulders. He was impatient now and wanted to get this over with in order to move on to bigger and brighter things.

Drakol knew full well that his swing would probably be dodged, but it served its purpose as an opening.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:44 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Musalis had made a little pause, and was ready to continue speaking when the stranger interrupted, and finally introduced himself as Drakol. Musalis ran through her memory of songs about great heros, but even though some mentioned a Drakol, she was pretty sure none of them were about him. Just the thought of this man being the beggar in 'Kings tale' or the clown in 'Barums adventures' made her giggle.

Drakol offered to let her follow him if she won a battle against him, a battle where he would be trying to kill her. To prove this point, he drew his sword, and attacked. Musalis was at the edge of his reach, and avoided the attack easily with just taking one step backwards. However she knew that this move probably had not been meant to hurt her, but instead to start the battle. From now on she would have to be very carefully.

"Ok, so this is turning into a fight. Not very original, but who cares. Before we start, I have an important question: What will make you give up? The last time I fought, this was not clear, and made the end of the fight pretty awkward, when both claimed to have won. You are in the lucky position that you know clearly when you have won: that's when I'm dead." 'Again', she added silently.

While speaking, she quickly went through the situation. One option Drakol had not mentioned, but that still was there, was just walking away. She doubted he take the time to pursue her. But she had decided to follow him to find her way out of here, and no real other options came to her mind, so walking away wasn't an option she would try. Maybe later, if it became clear he would win, she could just make a run for it.

Dying was not her favorite option either, so Musalis concluded to try and survive. Under her robe, she drew her dagger, yet was not willing to move into the reach of Drakols sword, which had longer range than her dagger. Musalis considered her what to do, and came up with singing a song, which could help her keep concentration on the battle, and made herself ready for any attack, so that she could use the right counterattack.

"Then everything changes
I'm here
Life rearranges
and now
I am here to fight
with Drakol
Tonight."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:03 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"Ahh, a musician, are you? You're the first of your kind that I've ever run across, but I've definitely heard of your ilk. Traveling the world and singing for whatever coins the peasantry can afford to fork out for your entertainment. I suppose you MAY be interesting to have along, but I would really not prefer it. As to the conditions of victory for you... survive or kill me, I suppose."

The conditions of victory in a battle were usually quite simple. As long as you killed the other, or survived until one or the other called off the battle and the other agreed, you could technically claim victory. Drakol was curious now as to just how smart and well traveled this girl really was now. She carried a dagger, but that never meant anything. Every commoner and his dog wore some sort of weapon. It just made sense. Why would you leave yourself without some way to defend yourself against an attacker. It was one thing, however, to have a weapon in one's hand, and a completely different thing to be able to use that weapon.

"I see that you have a weapon on your person girlie. Only two questions come to my mind with any quickness when I see your miniscule form wielding that tiny blade. First off: What do you even think you'll be able to do with your pitiful reach, and second: Just how well can you use that sharp shard of metal that you call a weapon." Drakol flicked his sword tip through the air in front of him. "This, this is a weapon. That, that's a play toy"

He would make another pass at her. He wanted to do a few things with her mind by showing a relative incompetence with a blade. He wanted to make the girl confident and underestimate his prowess. He also wanted to conceal what he truly was and where his true power lay until it was time to unleash mana-doom upon the little thing.

For now, another slash would suffice. This one would involve a set of quick steps followed by a clumsy upward arc with his sword toward her chest, leaving his delicate ribcage exposed to counter attack; a fatal mistake that only the most unskilled of swordsmen make when facing an agile opponent. His advantage of reach, he felt, would overpower the little girl with a voice that was far more musical and magical than his. In truth, he feared that voice. He had heard of some bards that learned the bewitching powers of a siren and utilized them in their own singing in order to charm more money out of the crowd. There were also rumors of things much worse than petty theft happening when someone heard the song of a siren bard.

He just hoped that this wasn't one of them. He quickly abolished that notion. It was absolutely absurd. This girl was no older than ten. There was no way in heaven or hell that she would have learned to sing from a siren so early. There wasn't even a chance for a siren to exist on land either, due to their very close relation to mermaids.

You're getting yourself worked up over nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:26 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"Yes, a.... musician.", Musalis said, "But I don't sing for money, I sing for the pleasure in singing itself. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoy music. Really. Because you'll hear lots of it during this battle, so please prepare yourself."

While she spoke, she silently was angry with herself for letting her dagger show. It was not the dagger itself that needed hiding, but the fact that she was a skeleton, which was a great surprise in battle. If she had shown just a little more of her dagger, with it there would have come her hand, and that would give away the fact that she was undead.

Musalis drew the dagger back under the robe, still ready but hidden by the cloth.

"So... I have to kill you, or make you surrender. If I kill you, I can't follow you out of here. In effect this means I'll go for making you surrender to me."

Musalis dodged the next attack too, aimed at her breast-cage, but this time only by the fraction of a second. She would have to be more carefully, the next attack could hit. And he had only used his sword yet. She shuddered at the thought what he could to with both sword and magic. Maybe she should tell him that she knew he could use magic. But then again, that would be taken an advance from her. So Musalis remained silent on that matter. Instead, she wanted him to show his true power, before she attacked herself, or defended herself and called for Ochres help.

"I just have to stay alive, right? Now, if you continue just waving with that piece of metal of yours, staying alive will be an easy thing. If you don't have more to give, you could just accept that fact, and let me stay in your company."

Musalis smiled under her robe. Now he should be angry, and a little mocking song should be just the thing that made the anger overflow.

"He has a sword, it's clean
but he is not good i've seen
Just waves it through the air
Fighting back does not seem fair
Because he is not good at all
And as the winner, I'll stand... tall?
Or small.

But as I said, I'll win
without him touching my skin
at all during this fight
tonight...

Or day"
, she added thoughtfully, "But night fits better, so I hope you excuse that part."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:26 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Good, she thinks me unskilled. This will give me an advantage.

"Were you more the sort that I preferred to keep as company, I would gladly allow you to accompany me without a fight. However, since you are not that sort, I must kindly refuse on the basis that I find you more than mildly annoying, if entertaining. You see, even if I do have little skill, I find it much more convenient that you not be there to bother me on the last leg of my long journey."

He was smiling inwardly. It seemed that his own verbal stabs had some sort of effect on the little girl as she concealed her little dagger back inside her cloak, but didn't let it leave her hand. Such a foolish thing would have immediately marked the girl as an amateur of combat, and would have spelled her death at Drakol's hands. Still, he took note of her lack of action yet, which shrouded her in even more mystery than the hood that covered her face. He still knew next to nothing about his opponent, while she knew a fair deal about him.

Knowledge was power in battle. It all depended, however, on just how useful and correct that knowledge really was. For the moment, Drakol had his back to the sun which was hanging low on the western horizon, so his drow heritage wouldn't work to his disadvantage. He simply needed to make sure that she didn't manage to turn him around, which would put her at an advantage.

Still, he had yet to show his greatest weapon to the girl, which would give him an element of surprise when it would be needed. It was strange. Normally he was the cool-headed one that always kept everything in reserve. Now the tables were reversed.

The flat of his blade shot out, keeping perpendicular to the dock, acting as a check against any blow that would be forthcoming from the dagger-hand. He effectively wanted to be able to block her hand or trap it and prevent it from striking a counter to his next blow. He took a step forward and swung his left leg around in a sweeping motion towards her firmly planted feet. It was a simple sweep as he dropped his posture slightly, but an effect one nonetheless. She was young, and obviously lighter than the average combatant, so the sweep could actually pack enough force to land her on her back, giving him the opportunity to drive his sword into her chest.

Yes... He definitely hoped that would be the swift end of this battle. And even if it wasn't, he would in a better position than the girl would be.

[It took me a moment. Isn't Musalis a skeleton? If so, she wouldn't have any blood to pollute the magic water... ... *boggles at the concept*] -- OSO
{Drakol isn't aware of that fact yet, otherwise he wouldn't be speaking like he is. I did that on purpose. He thinks he is fighting a regular human.}~Yoz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:00 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Musalis plan to get Drakol angry enough to use magic and that way give away his real strength went wrong. Instead, she was the one taking mental blows. When a thug called her stupid or something, she could just laugh and live on. This man was one of the few that really mattered, because he acted more mature than most of DIs inhabitants. People who distinguished themselves from the normal masses were rare. She could count the ones she had met on her journeys one one hand: Scott, Darious, Hiro and maybe even Krae. And now Drakol. These were people who were not just "some guy on the street". They rose above normal people, and became either heros or villains.

And because of that, their opinions mattered. Musalis found herself in the position that she wanted Drakol to like her, or at least not look at her at some sort of immature clown. Therefor when he told her that he would not like her company it stung. And at the same time she had to admit that she rather enjoyed his subtle stings, like she would enjoy a painting or any piece of art. It also stung that he paid so little attention to her carefully chosen words, that were meant to hit him. And he just seemed to bear over it, without really noticing.

How had she ended up that way? She remembered not liked him in the beginning, just minutes ago and still it felt like ages. She had been irritated at him first for ripping her out of her world, than for not ripping her out of her world. After that, she had started to enjoy his company as she walked after him and now she really payed attention to his words and weighted them carefully.

Her selfconfidence worn by his words, she had to concentrate greatly to avoid any attacks, and missed his legs coming at her, because she was waiting for either his sword or his magic. Musalis lost balance. She felt herself falling backwards, tried to stabilize herself, succeeded only half and found herself swaying above ground for a little while, her body unsure where it should fall, until gravity decided to pull her towards her opponent.

Musalis fell, and noticed that his sword was ready to pierce her chest now, which it did. Fortunately, it caught no ribs, going through her chest without doing any harm. Musalis landed on Drakol, her face close to his. Every line, everything, etched itself into her memory. The gentle flow of his hair... the scar that decorated under his left eye... his nose... his mouth... his ears... and his eyes. She could easily get lost in those eyes.

Musalis blushed.

For a skeleton, that was a quite unusual experience. Her pale white bones could not change color, but she had some weird makings, that glowed from time to time. And this time, all of them had decided to flow into the sides of her skull, glowing with intensely pink.

Shocked by her experience, she withdrew, from the sword and from Drakol. Standing up, she tried to conceal the parts of her now exposed by the slices through her robe caused by Drakols sword, but gave soon up.

Her feelings raced, and her thoughts tried without luck to keep track. Why had she wasted a perfect opportunity to end the battle? Being so close to Drakol, it would have been no big deal to put her dagger to his throat. And just the thought of being close to Drakol made her feel funny. The memory of his face seemed to hover in the air before her, partly concealing the dock in front of her.

Some part of her told her she had to concentrate, to fight on. Now Drakol had seen her face, he knew her nature. She had given one of her greatest advantages away. It had given her a chance to win, but she had wasted it. Something was really wrong, or actually not wrong but she didn't understand it. She had to get clear on what was going on before she continues fighting. And she could only think of one way to sort out her confused feelings.

Musalis prayed her shortest prayer until then, and was so lost in her thoughts that the possibility of angering Ochre went right past her without her paying and notice. She even took no time to make a song that would fit.

"Ochre, please, I need your help. I don't ask for any blessings, just guidance to understand what is going on with me. You are the only one I can trust, please, please, help me. Halai."

Never had a prayer felt more true than this time.
---
in case you don't know, leboyX is the next one to post, playing Ochre.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:38 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Hardly had the words left her mouth when Musalis' vision was ripped from its current target. Crystal waters faded into a dark abyss, and the bright, white light of the sun yielded to the soft, green light of a forest. Blackened, weathered wood underfoot became a bed of soft leafs; comforting to Musalis' feet, despite her inherent undead nature. No sound registered to the priests ears, but upon further attention it became apparent that the lack of sound was not; rather, a subtle undertone of music so complex that a casual observation (or unadvanced mind) would be unable to comprehend it. Shafts of golden yellow light broke through the ceiling of oak branches upon, the dense canopy creating a comforting, homey emotional setting.

Startled, the undead girl suddenly realized her more immediate placement within this place; atop a simple stump. Across from her, Ochre sat quietly atop his own stump. With eyes closed, it seemed almost as if the god wasn't one, but a very life-like statue. Too reverent and humble to find out, the trembling girl sat trembling atop her stump. Only a moment ago, Musalis had been in an already-awkward situation. Why would Ochre take her away, if only to do nothing but sit in the middle of a nameless forest?

But, despite her screaming instincts, Musalis could not help but ask:

"W...w-w-why...?"

Ochre, if this physical, Ochre-like manifestation was what it appeared to be, made no response. Fearful of angering her patron, the priest quieted herself, to await an expected repercussion or return from whence she had been so abruptly taken. Neither happened. Well, not the way Musalis thought.

The god's response seemed too abrupt, though the time between Musalis' query and the response seemed to stretch on forever. But, regardless of the timing, it was the tone of Ochre's voice which brought peace to Musalis' spirit. For it was not with anger or frustration that Ochre responded, but with love which he was always faithful to deliver.

He chuckled deeply, a smile spreading across his face as he opened his eyes.

"You fret so much, little one. Sometimes, it's o.k. to be surprised with yourself...the gods are no different than you in that regard.

Though your body appears lifeless, devoid of flesh and muscle, you still retain made of your human emotions, particularly those involving the heart. What you are feeling and experiencing is natural, physical attraction. While that in and of itself isn't a lot to worry about, you do well to consider what is going on inside you. Do not ignore your feelings - this feeling - but understand it. Regard its meaning given your circumstances.

Fear not, child. Nothing is wrong with you. You are not the cold-hearted killer in a world where many pursue just that. Your feelings and emotions are good and a blessed thing, and I am overjoyed at your concern for them. Know that to think is to help yourself understand more about what this second life will be like.

Do not fear me...I have nothing but joy for your words and thoughts. Go in peace child."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:38 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

His sweep met with astounding success, knocking the light girl off her feet with ease. What the drow hadn't been counting on was her balance orientation, or what seemed to be the cause of her direction of fall. Her weight was shifted forward and toward the drow, making her fall onto the now almost semi-prone drow as he finished up his sweep. While she wasn't very heavy – extremely light actually – his poor stance for balance had him borne to the ground with her on top, but not before running his blade through her gut.

Drakol felt the body of the little girl shudder as she pressed against him, but he didn't feel blood spilling from what would have been a perfectly deadly sword wound. Her face came close to him, and he was immediately wracked with fear and concern.

The face that was only four inches away from his own was not fleshy at all. It was a skull, a skull that looked very soft and young that had sparkles dancing on its cheeks. What he had thought was a simple little girl was nothing of the sort. It was a skeleton, a skeleton that had been animated by a necromancer and later gained its own freedom through some means or another. This girl could easily have been eight times the drow's own years, and he never would have known.

He knew of some sick pricks in the world; hell, he was one of them. None of them were, however, sick enough to raise the skeletal remains of a little girl. They were innocent little creatures that deserved a good rest. Even one such as Drakol, who enjoyed killing children, did not like to see their souls returned and tormented.

The next thing to pass through was panic. She was at close range, too close. She had the ability to use her small dagger against him, and he couldn't move his sword because it was trapped in her skeletal rib cage. He wanted to push her away, but couldn't without risking the loss and inevitable confiscation of his weapon. Still, not pushing her away could be even more fatal, and any moment that he spent with her bony body pressed up against his was a moment in which she could stab him in a fatal spot.

He made a move to push the light skeleton away, but she seemed to get up on her own accord, his right hand twisting and jiggling the blade out of its would-be bone prison as it moved away. His blade almost got caught, and would have if the skeleton had not moved away at a move forgiving angle than he would have pushed. Still, he found the blade firmly, if shakily, in his hand when she was standing straight and...short.

Drakol wondered where his blood was coming from and why he did not feel the wound as it let out his lifeblood. He couldn't feel any pain, actually. He wondered if he was bleeding from any wound at all.

A roll righting him to his feet as he surveyed the dock for blood. Nothing. He wasn't bleeding, wasn't wounded. The girl hadn't stabbed him as he expected. Curious... he thought to himself as he examined the girl, hood pulled low once more. He stood in awe. This girl didn't want to kill him, didn't even really want to harm him. She had intended to make him surrender, but not with her blade. It was an awkward position, that was for sure. There was no fun in fighting an opponent that did not fear him and did not fight back; and she was technically already dead, so killing her wouldn't count as killing her.

“So, you won't kill me, and I really don't want to kill you since you won't fight back. What now... I mean... I could take pity on you and release you from your current predicament, but I don't believe it would matter, really.”

His own comment followed a short string of words, not directed at him, but at the girl's god instead. It was an odd impasse. He was always vicious toward everyone and everything that crossed his path, if slightly polite to those that he was trying to kill. Toward this girl, however, he felt some disposition of kindness. He didn't feel like being cruel to her at all, really, and actually felt bad for the girl, strange as that was.

Drakol was completely unaware of the – what appeared to be – second-long exchange between the skeleton and her god as she just stared at him.

His words came shortly after the exchange between the priest and her god,[i] “So... what now...what was your name...Musalis?

His sword sank to his side and he took a step back from the girl, but didn't take any offensive action against her.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:56 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

As always, Ochres presence was filling Musalis with awe, more than she could comprehend. Her mind tried to grasp the music he filled the world with, only to fail and try again. At the same time, she enjoyed the music, and she looked at him and studied hid features, trying to remember them, because she could use his appearance as inspiration for some of her most beautiful songs.

While all of this used up several times her normal mind capacity, she had to listen to his words at the same time. And yet she understood every single word, and could remember it. She suspected that being a God he changed her with his mere presence to enable her to widen her mind enough to take in all of the tons of information his being bombarded her with.

Due to this, he made her feel much more alive than she normal was, it had to be somewhat like the thing people experienced when they drank too much beer, just more beautiful, musical and without the following headache. The only problem was that reality was kicked out of her attention, and she often used some time to adjust to her normal unlife after her God had left her.

So she stood there, tried to get a look at the reality, which as for now seemed for her to hide behind the faces of both her God and Drakol.

Focus. You need to come back. You are in the middle of a battle, she tried to tell herself.

But before she could comply, her thought continued to drift, on to the things Ochre had spoken of.
...understand your feelings...
What was she feeling?
...physical attraction...
Oh, right. Musalis thought back, to find out what she knew about physical attraction.

Quote:
Musalis was at the temple, attending a lesson the monks gave a young couple which had run away from their families together. The couple looked into each others eyes with feelings she did not understand than, but she guessed they were quite similar to the ones she was experiencing now.

"You have to understand.", one monk started, "That these feelings are given by the Gods, and are the most precious thing in this world.
But even though, be wary. They are also dangerous.

It is easy to give in to the love, and to loose yourself in it, and you loose contact to reality, living in a dream world. Dream worlds are nice as long as they last, but they are terrible when they burst, and hit your face back into reality. Therefore, you must not loose yourself to love.

On the other hand, don't ignore your feelings, for they are part of you. Ignoring them would be like ignoring your arms."

Musalis had just shrugged at the thought of being without arms, and had almost started to laugh. Another monk sent her a look that made her leave the lesson.

Later she had heard that the two had followed the advise she had not heard all of, and had become happy together. Now she regretted not taking the matter seriously, and missing the lesson. She could have learned vital information she now desperately needed.

So, no help from her memories or her God, other than that it was Okay to have these feelings. She would have to sort out herself what to do. Well, in some way, that made sense - these were her feelings after all.

The voice of Drakol pulled her back into the real world. He asked a good question, which she had been trying to find the answer to all this time: What now?

"Well. You said you have places to go, and stuff to do... and I... I will..."

Musalis struggle to put her thoughts and feelings into words.

"...I... I want to follow you! You said you would let me if I survived this battle. Though it hurts my soul to think of fighting you, I will do it to get the chance to be with you."

Musalis drew her dagger, and made herself ready.

"Do anything you can - I will survive. For you."