It is currently Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Warm Welcomes (Dragon Guise TB)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:03 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Ok Lets get started with the training. As you well know this is a game of creativity and writing. Everyone is expected to meet certain criteria of writing level, however, nobody will demand you be a novelist in order to pass, as long as you can voice your actions clearly there shouldn’t be much problem. Other than that the main thing we look for is fairness in many different areas. Every special, skill, or simply action has the possibility for abuse, and must be checked. There is only one more thing I’d like to say before we go into the formals and the battle itself. You are a Martial Artist and thus fight with your fists. You might of noticed that you have two of those, attacking with a left jab and then a right upper cut is not allowed without a specials use. Attacks that flow as one (Say clasping your hands and swinging them like a baseball bat is ok.) Some members might allow more leeway for this and other things like grappling, I myself am one such member so if you Message me your post before you make it, I might just allow you to perform a grapple or ‘double attack’, always be sure to communicate with your opponent. Below is the training battle insert that shows the rules and some helpful hints on battling.

Quote:
-Battles are fought in turns, you post after a response.
-Fighting happens in "real time"; meaning you can, if you wish, go back in time a little to describe actions and things you do before any attack the opposition lands (within reasonability)
-Be as descriptive as you can. More information makes for better battles.
-Do not ever control your opponent's character (or pets) in any way.
-Characters are, typically, allowed two actions per post: One defensive action and one offensive action. Regardless of whether you were attacked or not, you may only attack once per post.
-You can only use 1 special/spell per turn (you can use multiple skills per turn, but only 1 special per turn). Specials that have an effect on your opponent count as your one offensive action.
-Try to be fair in both your attacks as well as your dodges. Getting hit every now and then is not the end of the world, and deepens your character. (And makes battles more interesting)
-A minimum of 2 paragraphs (though more are desirable!)
-No "unblockable" attacks. There's always something, somewhere that can happen.
-Be creative, use the world around you to your advantage!
-Use a spell checker, or a program that helps with punctuation. It can't hurt...and can generally help your posts become more readable.
-Have fun!!! Battles are supposed to be enjoyable. If don't like it, something is wrong.

This morn Old Smokie had left the town of Horston and was making his way back home to Brickwood, the brilliant sun was rising from the east and did well to illuminate the fields. He was on the road traveling the borders of the Plains of Argis, thoroughly enjoying the relaxing ride when the winds picked up. His body felt extremely light, and with the passing of a leaf across his eyes he had vanished. He was no longer in his cart but standing in the plains. He had suffered the phenomenon of teleportation, although clearly not a very necessary one.

Looking back he could see Tug and the cart still trekking across the road with little notice of the lightened load. A sigh escaped his lips as a gloved hand wipes a wrinkled brow. He knew that this event only happened when the world and its gods had a new champion to be tested, and Old Smokie wanted to be done with this test as soon as possible, now that he needed to walk home.

He took a quick glance around to spy a rather confused looking human with a white shirt and black pants. His build suggested a warrior’s, but his clothes suggested a caster or perhaps an over confident rouge. He felt bad that his only weapon was a battle axe; he did not like drawing the destructive weapon against those who were not true foes.

“Aye Lad! It seems we’ve business now. You may call me Old Smokie. I trust you are battle able?”