It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Morgued's TB
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:24 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Just some things to keep in mind...

-Battles are fought in turns, you post after a response.
-Fighting happens in "real time"; meaning you can, if you wish, go back in time a little to describe actions and things you do before any attack the opposition lands (within reasonability)
-Be as descriptive as you can. More information makes for better battles.
-Do not ever control your opponent's character (or pets) in any way.
-Characters are, typically, allowed two actions per post: One defensive action and one offensive action. Regardless of whether you were attacked or not, you may only attack once per post.
-You can only use 1 special/spell per turn (you can use multiple skills per turn, but only 1 special per turn). Specials that have an effect on your opponent count as your one offensive action.
-Try to be fair in both your attacks as well as your dodges. Getting hit every now and then is not the end of the world, and deepens your character. (And makes battles more interesting)
-A minimum of 2 paragraphs (though more are desirable!)
-No "unblockable" attacks. There's always something, somewhere that can happen.
-Be creative, use the world around you to your advantage!
-Use a spell checker, or a program that helps with punctuation. It can't hurt...and can generally help your posts become more readable.
-Have fun!!! Battles are supposed to be enjoyable. If don't like it, something is wrong.

For outsider readers, I have okayed the setting with Morgued. Good luck, and just PM me if you have any questions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night had been rough. Ever since his battle with that mysterious stranger, his body had been changing dramatically. Besides sleeping up against a tree in his weird half-awake, half-asleep trance, he could feel the shadow weave eating away at his insides. Every muscle was being torn away by the black magic he had absorbed, J'ah's essence being of no help what so ever. It was like a major lactic acid build-up had occurred, and it just wasn't going to go away. Hour after hour he could feel his muscles give up the ghost, the strength he had felt his entire life disappearing by the time the sun had rose. Opening his eyes adjusting to the morning sun, Zane tried to get up, his legs shaking under his body weight. He was completely different.

Finally getting to an upright position by standing against the tree, a sharp pain drove through his chest as he took a deep breath in. A slight popping sound flew up to his ears as his ribs were stretched, the broken bone shocking his body into submission. Propping himself up once again, he tried to take a step, almost collapsing back to the ground. Catching himself, Zane started to walk back to the road. It became easier to walk after the first half an hour, his body adjusting to his state and the pain starting to become unnoticeable. Stopping at a fork in the road up ahead, the sign in front of him read two names.

Podom and Fedraline.

Trying to remember where he had heard the names before, he suddenly noticed his pendant was acting rather peculiar. Watching it dangle slightly outwards from where it should have been, it slowly started spinning, the morning sun putting a strain on his drow eyes as it was reflected periodically at him. Seeing it start to glow oddly, Zane squinted, the world around him starting to fade as he was being teleported. Whisked away to somewhere else, the pendant grew brighter as he neared his destination, a voice whispering into his ear as his feet touched the ground.

"You have been sent here to train someone once again. You will be taken back after he has learned how to fight."

Shrugging off the mysterious voice, Zane looked around to figure out where he was. It was a forest quite obviously, the tall trees creating a canopy that seemed to blot out most of the light. Eyes slowly adjusting back into night vision, he noticed that the leaves were not the average variety, but that a stream of glowing light was flowing through them. This slight emission of white light was eerie, but that feeling was shortly interrupted by a sudden boom. Lightning and thunder. The flash lit up the canopy, but the ground below was relatively unaffected. Putting up his hood, he had a feeling it was going to rain. Trying to use his skills to the best of his ability, Zane made his way up a tree eventually, the branch overlooking the grassy floor below he had been in. The clear amount of ground below was a good twenty feet by twenty feet, ferns littering the floor with their large green leaves.

Waiting a good ten minutes, eventually the figure appeared to be trained. Speaking out to the person, Zane's voice echoed throughout the forest.

"I see I have a visitor... the name's Zane Shadowcast."

"It's difficult to wait for dawn when you know it's coming."

Post subject: Re: Morgued's TB
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:12 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

[Sorry for the seemingly large story, I was getting ready for bed and thought i'd make up a stupid little legend about the area. Hope this doesn't conflict with anything you had planned :), and if it does....well, punch me in the mouth? lol Also i'm not quite sure on how to turn certain words different colors; when I do it just slaps in a stupid code that when I go to preview it pops up beside the word instead of on them.]

It was about mid day when Versago made his way from the draining heat of the desert's harsh sun to the cool and lush forest. His training had taken him many places, and up until this point the desert had been the most difficult by far. The endless dune sea pushed not only his body, but his spirit as well. This wasn't a journey lacking purpose however, he had ventured into the desert seeking training from a Legendary Martial Artist.

He had heard a rumor that there was a beautiful forest that existed to the far east of a small town he had been staying at. This forest was said to have been home to a large population of Sylvaan elves. It was rumored that these elves worshiped Zoltan the god of lightning, and on every new moon they would offer a tribute to the god in return for a peaceful lifestyle. The tributes would normally consist of rare and beautiful stones found only in the forest. The Sylvaans had called these precious stones 'Lightning Orbs' in respect for their god. One night while performing their tribute, a dwarven explorer had stumbled across these people and noticed the glimmering treasures placed around a large stone monument. Having a natural greed for treasures and artifacts, the dwarf made his way out of the forest to tell his people of the riches he'd seen deep within the forest.

Not more than a month later this dwarf brought back a whole mining expedition to search high and low for these valuable stones. This was not only for themselves however, these dwarves in paticular also worshiped a god...Midaen the god of greed. In the distance the sounds of their machines thundered louder than even Zoltan's storms, and the Sylvaans stood fast in order to protect their homes, and their god. The battle between these two races seemed to go on forever, the elves with their reluctantcy to abandoned their homes, and the dwarves with their persistance, and greed fuled the fight. In the end however the dwarven machines prooved to formitable than the elves' primitive tactics, and quickly fell. It is said that Zoltan, enraged by their sudden intrusion upon his land, and death of his people sent down but a single bolt of lightning.

This bolt of lightning was the embodiment of his wrath, and when it hit the forest's lush ground it molded itself into a humanoid form. Her name was Rairoku, born of lightning her hair was a pure white, and eyes were of the lightest shade of blue. Her elegant body was as swift as the lightning she was born upon. She danced through the remaining dwarven forces picking them off one by one; leaving but one breathing. Sharing the same hatred and sadness as Zoltan she proclaimed that if another dwarf entered these woods, she would come and slay their entire race. She then told the single survivor to make haste out of the forest, least she change her mind.

Angered by not recieving his precious stones Midaen also sent down a decendant. This one however was not born of lightning, but of pure greed and darkness. The figure's slim body resembled that of a Drow. It's red eyes shown brightly in contrast to it's abyssal black body. The two god-like deities clashed in an epic battle of light and darkness. Exchanging blow for blow the two entities grew tired and in an attempt to end things quickly the dark figure closed in for a quick kill, but Rairoku was fighting for more than just greed... she fought for her people, and with a huge burst of lightning she exterminated the vile creature.

Wounded and exhausted from the fight Rairoku made her way back to the countless dead elves and morned them. As she wept a storm formed over her and it began raining, as if Zoltan himself was crying. Having not done a single thing to deserve their fate she wanted to give them something in return for their love and gratitude for their god. She then used her remaining energy to transfer their wandering spirits into the forsest itself, forever making them apart of the home they loved so dearly. It is said that every night on a new moon the spirits of the elves still pay tribute to their god by illuminating their souls so bright that the forest itself begins to glow.
But this of course... is just a myth. The forest today has been reduced to a former shadow of it's once enormous self, and is now surrounded by a vast dune sea. Yet it still remains as beautiful as ever.

Versago slowly made his way deep into the forest, careful not to attract any unwanted attention. The deeper he went in, the darker it became. Thinking it best to rest for awhile or atleast until he could see where he was going, he decided to creat a makeshift hammock, along with rough overhead shelter out of the thick vines and forest leaves. The smell of rain filled his lungs as a thunder storm crept closely in on him. However not sooner did he shut his eyes to rest than an incredibly bright light start to dance past his face. Annoyed he just turned over to get some much needed shut eye, when the same bright light had yet again passed across his face. He jumped from his hammock in irritation and opened his eyes to see the forest leaves glowing with an eerie white light as they danced to the bed of the forest.

"What in the he-"
Versago's short verse was cut off by a sudden crash of thunder and lightning over head.

("Well, atleast I can see now.") he thought with a positive tone in mind. As if hypnotized by the dance of the leaves, he traveled deeper into the woods. The rain had finally began to treat itself to the cool night air as it embraced the forest in a spectacular display of lights. Each raindrop had caught the light the forest had produced and filled the area with a sea of glittering diamonds, this specticle however was short lived as a voice as eerie as the glowing forest whispered to him.

"I see I have a visitor..." the voice spoke out in almost a whisper. The rain along with the various crashes of thunder and lightning above made it hard to hear, though the words repeated themselves a few times. An introduction to the unknown person this time whispered itself as if it was right in his ear. "the name's Zane Shadowcast."

Versago swung around with a quick backhanded fist, to find himself hitting nothing but raindrops. He was panicking, realizing he was unfocused due to the lightshow around him. He stood beneath the blanket of rain and calmed his mind back into focus.

"I have no time for games Shadowcast. Show yourself." he shouted awaiting Zane's response.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:24 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(Wow, amazing post. This TB will be done soon, I'll just check how you do with activating specials and skills. Also, to add color or italics, just highlight the words and press the button.)

"I have no time for games Shadowcast. Show yourself." he cried.

It was amusing to watch the man struggle with an invisible foe, his fist swinging backwards, revealing his class. The grace of the movement paralleled his past ability to move, which really only left one option. A martial artist. Zane had never faced a martial artist since that clan fight, and it had been completely different due to the blind factor. This time however he was training someone, a broken rib and the shadow weave being his true limit. Looking down at his wrist, Madyrn's symbol was starting to glow viciously, the adrenaline spike aggravating the latent mana in his body. How he wished he could wield those powers of the shadows once again, but the mixture of shadow and magic within his body prevented that.

Enough with the reminiscing...

Fingers rolling inwards into a natural fist, Zane looked at the ground below, and felt the ruby red shine out. Eyes darting between his destination and the trainee, a natural leap brought him down. Hearing a soft crunching sound as the bones shifted slightly, the pain torturing him as his mark flared up. His words were quick, unusually so. Perhaps it was the situation in general, but the weakened state certainly wasn't helping it. Although he could take a bit of a fight, any prolonged bashing was sure to cause him severe structural damage. After all, he was just a drow in theory, and they weren't exactly known for their durability.

"It's taken you long enough to get here..." Zane snickered with a grin, "If you didn't know, it's customary that you get the first attack, but I highly doubt you'll land it..."

"What is your name anyways?"

During that short burst of speech he began to walk forward, his eyes constantly analyzing his reactions. He didn't get far before he stopped again, but they were only ten feet apart, which was more than enough space. However he did observe some important things. His trainee was a human, which normally meant that he would have the advantage when it came to sight. As always, his height would be on the short side, the assumed to be martial artist being a good four inches taller than him. Black hair that seemed be disturbingly alive hung near to his shoulders, the forest's glow being absorbed into the darkness. Most people on the Earthen Ring would have been frantically trying to figure out what to do against such an opponent, but Zane was nothing like the others. He already knew practically well what to do, and if worst came to worst, Plan B. However lately he had been having a streak of bad luck....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:35 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

The thunder having seemingly died down a bit, the light patter of rain was the only thing giving answering his demand. Thinking back on this 'Zane's' words they continued to echo in his mind, "I see I have a visitor...". He had wondered just how long the man had been watching him. A soft crunch of what sounded like leaves gently made its way in between the shower of rain, silencing his thoughts. He turned towards the sound, and slowly brought his hand up anticipating an attack.

"It's taken you long enough to get here... if you didn't know, it's cutomary that you get the first attack, but I hightly doubt you'l land it..." Zane remarked with what sounded like short bated breaths.

"What is your name anyways?" he asked as a dark silhouette drew itself in amongst the glow of the forest.

Versago's eyes widened as his mind flashed back to the story he had heard prior to traveling there. Though shorter than he had imagined, the figure fit the description perfectly; a Drow enveloped in pure darkness along with a pair of matching blood red eyes.

("The decendant of Midaen?!") he thought as his eyes shakily scanned Zane's figure.

Not wanting to lose his composure, and with Zane already announcing his name, he felt an obligation to reveal his own.

"The name's Versa-" a sharp pain followed by a tremendous pulse shot through his left arm, stopped his introduction. However as quickly as it had came, the unknown circulation of pain had expired.

("What the hell was that about?") he asked himself, restraining the urge to rub his arm.

Clearing his throat he made another attempt at his introduction.

"The name's Versago Lezinoph..." he clearly announced "What did you mean by: "It's taken you long enough to get here...", "Were you expecting me?" he asked ignoring the comment about attacking him.

"What do you want?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:50 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(Blah, not feeling it. The post was great still, just a few spelling mistakes like last time. Only thing I can say is usually we use a different color than our opponents... just something to take into consideration. Also, describe the setting and me in detail. It would add some length if you need substance.)

The man was interesting, that was for sure. Quite clearly he didn't know anything about the training that was about to take place, and Zane was going to have to explain things to him. It was slightly unusual for the trainee not to knowing anything about the battle beforehand, but the teleportation was truthfully what gave it away for him. Personally, he was used to the feeling of teleporting and the like, but usually it was a slightly gut wrenching process. This time however felt perfectly natural, the only explanation being his new shadow powers protecting him. They were hidden away somewhere, but someday he would find them, and then he would decide his own destiny. Casting his eyes upon the soon to be known person, Zane listened and waited.

"The name's Versa-"

He had stopped suddenly, his breath being held inside him by an unknown force. It was a very queer thing to do, the explanation being that his opponent was also already in some sort of pain. The arm seemed to seize up, the ripple flowing throughout his entire being. The tension rising between the two of them, he cleared his throat, an obvious attempt to hide what just had happened. With the lightning beyond their vision, and the booms crackling in the background, the ghostly figure decided to continue his introduction.

"The name's Versago Lezinoph..." said the man with the cool name, "What did you mean by: "It's taken you long enough to get here...", "Were you expecting me?"

Chuckling to himself as the weather continued to get worse, Versago continued without a hesitation.

"What do you want?"

It was a hilarious setting to him, the rain now falling off of the leaves slowly, his hood protecting his white hair from getting wet. How he hated getting his hair wet. The man knew not what he was doing here, and Zane had practically all of the knowledge he needed within him, yet there was no way of getting at it. Surges of feeling ran down his right arm, the warmth and a slight pain causing the scar to glow even further. Staring at the ruby red light distracted, he let his body be filled by the sudden warmth given by it. Continuing the silent mockery, he looked up at Versago, his green eyes piercing through the plant glow. Exhaling before beginning, he took a fresh breath of air, the forest making him calmer.

"I have been told you would be here by some, 'other forces'..." Zane started off, his explanation purposefully vague, "And personally I am here to test you. To give you a fight for your life you'll never forget. Welcome to Darkness Incarnate by the way..."

Stretching his legs slightly with a smile, his fingers danced freely while he waited for a reaction. The dialog wasn't going to continue forever, and he assumed there would be a physical reaction to his statement. After all, fighting for your life was generally a dangerous thing to do. Zane didn't need to worry though, his powers protected him from dieing as displayed in is last battle, and it was this immortality that he had. Unfortunately it came at the price of his true life. The shadows now were corrupting his skin, bones, hair, and were not going to stop until they controlled his entire body. The shadow weave was a relentless substance, it's own strength being it's weakness. It could not be properly contained within his drow body, the only two choices being to die, or to evolve into a new type of being eventually... one that was what Madyrn was. The demigod needed not a body, it's power knowing only the limits of the mana it controlled. Soon he would be just like him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:03 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

(Yeah sorry about that, my last post was a little... rushed, to say the least. Different colors: Roger that! Hope this one isn't too short...)

A sudden flash of thunder illuminated his shadowy host, quickly revealing his appearance to be nothing of that of any story told god; let alone the descendant of one. A dark black robe enveloped his body, the haunting white hair shielding from the rain by a hood equally as dark as his ebony skin. The only thing tainting his smooth dark skin was the diagonal scar on his right cheek, that just for a moment seemed to be glowing with an eeire light, like that of the forest leaves. This man was definitely a drow, and if that was the case there was only a few types of combat he could possibly excel in. Seeing as he didn't have any visible weapons on him, and knowing drows not being proficient at magic he could make a few guesses to what speciallty his opponent had.

"I have been told you would be here by some, 'other forces'...the drow announced matter-of-factly "And personally I am here to test you. To give you a fight for your life you'll never forget." he added as he finished his sentence with the greeting "Welcome to Darkness Incarnate by the way..."

The man smiled as he stretched his legs, loosening himself up before the 'test' of his started. The storm overhead grew louder and lit up the canopy. The thunder and lightning roared like an audience ready for a show, and Versago didn't intend to disappoint. He wasn't quite sure of the 'other forces' that sent him, but he wasn't about to let some arrogant smirking drow be the end of him.

"Well thanks for the welcoming party, but i'm guessing there's not any way around this little 'test' of yours. So I think i'll take you up on your offer for the first shot."

Versago took a few stops back and set his right foot tilting his heel upward. He started to focus the ki within his body, as he dug the ball of his foot into the ground. He didn't know much at all about his opponent, which in a fight could prove to be more life threatening than any fatal wound would be. He could not say he was on equal ground with his man at all. With the man's unknown powers, along with his advantage to seeing in the dark like most drows had, Versago knew he must end it as quickly as possible. Then with a sudden burst of immense speed the martial artist launched himself at the drow attempting to strike him with a powerful upper cut.

-Rising Banshee- (used x1, remaining x2)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:25 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(Good post, just follow that color thing I told you in PM, and continue checking over your post. The special was used properly, so that's good.)

"Well thanks for the welcoming party, but i'm guessing there's not any way around this little 'test' of yours. So I think i'll take you up on your offer for the first shot."

Watching the fighter move back a couple of steps before stopping again, the black hair waved back and forth, momentum being the cause. Zane letting his laughter fade away as the battle began, he prepared his mind for war. Running a systems check, he was slowly flexing every single muscle in his body, noticing he had a lot less strength than before. It was a scary concept he was facing, the burning darkness eating away at his very being. It was hard compensating for such a loss, but his mind seemed to be just as sharp as ever. Naturally he already had an amazing reaction time, but after his meeting with Madyrn in the land of the gods, it was even more effective. That scar represented the bond he had with the demigod, and the abilities he had been given.

The martial artist blasted forward with an incredible amount of speed all of a sudden, the KI launching him with enough force to shatter a second rib. Senses acting all at once, Zane reacted beautifully, the push off of the foot signaling him to jump sideways with a pivot. He was slow compared to his usual speed, but the timing allowed him to clear the space for a complete uppercut. Bringing his arm back as he was jumping to Versago's right side, he balanced his body out and began to call upon the powers of the shadows. (Speed Demon and Symbol of the Shadows)

Although he could feel the shadow weave beckoning him, he turned back to his original ways just to be safe. Shadow spirits just leaping into action, the little demons tunneled their way through reality, dropping Shadow's Bane into his left hand, and a throwing knife in his right. His proficiency with the projectile was completely hilarious, and the attack that was going to follow was very inaccurate due to the lack of training in his new form. The new weight of his arms and strength made it difficult to adjust perfectly, and he was hoping that it would at least go in Versago's direction. Releasing it in a sidearm manner, the blade flew approximately where his trainee was, the metal catching glimpses of light from the trees as it soared. (Shadow Draw 2x left)

Landing approximately three steps from where he was, Zane made the switch of hands for Shadow's Bane, getting ready to defend himself if needed. Remembering the rib all of a sudden, the shock caused a wave of nausea, making him drop his guard for a second. Holding onto the the hilt of the dagger tightly, he held in the puke and got back to watching out for attacks.

"Probably should have been careful there..."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:35 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

The smile from the drow's face vanished as Versago's body lurched towards Zane's still body. He hadn't yet perfected this technique, and thusly was not used to the amount of speed it provided. But this was his fastest, and with Zane's first remark about not hitting him, he had hoped to catch the man off guard. In that short amount of time and distance, time seemed to slow to almost a stop. The raindrops slowly rolled off his already soaked quilted armor as he drew closer to his still stationary target. ("Why isn't he moving?") Versago thought as the ki gathered into his tightened fist. Moving his arm back he shortly followed through with a powerful uppercut, but like his previous attack he was left hitting only the glistening falling raindrops. At the last moment the drow had simply pivoted his body and moved gracefully to Versago's right flank.

Flying into the air with the energy from his attack he flipped forward as his feet met the moist surface of a tree. Fatigued after his recent fluctuation of ki, he bent his knees giving himself a brief moment to breath in the cool forest air. As he readied himself to push off the tree and back in Zane's direction he felt a slice of pain run through his left arm. This pain was followed by a glimmering object sail by him and into the tree. In that short amount of time the man had not only dodged his fastest attack, but had managed to pull a weapon as if through the shadows themselves and nearly land a strike on him. He had to be toying with him; he was sure that if he had the skill to do so much in such a short amount of time that he could have easily planted that knife into a vital spot on Versago's body. Using his legs to push off the tree he landed back on the forest floor, keeping a closer eye on his shadowy opponent.

"Probably should have been careful there..." Zane remarked. Versago couldn't tell if he was talking to himself, or speaking to the martial artist's avoided attack. Wiping the blood from off his arm, he caught a faint glow on Zane's wrist, and for some reason the drows body was slightly easier to see. What was going on? Were the lights of the forest playing with his eyes, or was someting happening to the drow himself? Now knowing that he indeed had weapons on him, he needed to be careful. Quickly shifting something between his hands, the drow stood silently among the cracks of lightning overhead. The thunder sang for the battle to continue, but hesitation filled his body. He was starting to get a feel for not only the area around him, but for Zane as well. He just hoped it wasn't to late...

Versago got into a defensive posture, and slowly inched his way towards Zane. He knew making another error like his first attack might result in a fatal strike, he was lucky the man's first attack hadn't done much damage. He might not be so lucky next time... Nice throw, but let's see what else you have in store for me...'Sensei'..." Versago said with a mocking tone, followed by an amused smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:08 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

I think that's about enough. I believe that you're a competent writer, and have shown me that you do know how to use a special. I'm more than willing to pass you.

If I were to rate you, I'd give you an 85%.

You are very good at writing... just remember to keep watching out for minor spelling errors.

Passed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:03 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Thanks for taking the time to train me ^_^. Much appreciated!