It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:46 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sleepwalking - or something like it (for Horrible Person)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:31 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(I have no excuses for my lateness - apologies to you.)

------------

Grimmar just couldn't sleep. Maybe it was the cheap ale that he had been slipped under already-being-drunk circumstances. Maybe it was the fact that he hadn't been doing a whole lot of anything lately. Maybe it was the dream.

That stupid dream.

There was a fog and lights were in the background, giving a rather melodramatic feel. It almost felt like he was in one of the taverns where they were trying to introduce (rather unsuccessfully) a new form of music called "rock and roll". Grimmar hated those "concerts", thinking that they were too noisy and stupid.

Every time, there was some kind of stupid music in the background of some noise that he couldn't understand or appreciate. Something about a "final countdown", but he paid little heed. There was a skinny, humanoid shadow walking into his view from off in the distance. It pointed at the dwarf, made an unusual chopping action, adopted a rather awkward looking stance and beckoned him forward.

Weirdest challenge ever.

Except that it kept going and going.

He woke up and decided that he was going to go for a walk. Being a bit paranoid about his public safety since the incident at Vallandar, he always slept with his mace and shield under the bed in case he had to fight someone. He grabbed those and then put on his red robe that he won in the Zodiac Tournament and headed downstairs. He wasn't stupid enough to keep his armor in his room. It was down by the smithy, which is where he was heading next.

As he opened the door to the smithy, he noticed something strange about the large room with all of its miscellaneous tools, half-baked armor and partly finished weapons. It was filled with smoke and steam as if someone had spilled water on the hot forge and anvil area from the cooling trays, creating some sort of fog.

Just like his dream.

He facepalmed himself.

You’ve got to be kidding me.

----------------

Feel free to help yourself to anything that you can logically find in a smithy/forge area. My armor is in there somewhere among the fog, as well as other versions of metal based arms and armors of varying grade. The place is lit by torches on the wall (about half a dozen or so) and the forge still has a dimly burning fire lit in it.