It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: A Dreary Day (Open)
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:16 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(This battle is for TSW when his poll finishes and when he is ready.)

Since competing in a strange fight as entertainment for a circus, Cypher had taken a hiatus from conflict. It was starting to seem like this place was nothing but one fight after the next and it had begun to wear on him. Never before had he had to defend his life on such a regular basis, and although he had a certain set of skills that favored him being a warrior, sometimes it seemed like it was all pointless. He couldn’t help but be drawn to battle though, because at his core he is still a soldier. Something about fighting fulfilled him in a way that nothing else in life could. He had a thirst to prove himself…to always be bettering his abilities, and that is why he is here now, sitting against a tree along the left side the road.

Cypher left the circus after he’d been shot through the arm by a rather suggestively dressed woman. He had tended to his wounds, and given them time to heal before setting out once more. He figured that he would head west until he reached the next town, and maybe try to finally settle down and open up a training facility. Crossing blades might have been his destiny, but one thing Cypher loved as much as combat was teaching others the things that he knew. He felt that by imparting some of his wisdom and skills into whoever would take them gave him a way to live on forever. His name might not be written in any book, but if the skills that had carried him through life could help someone else do the same, that was a legacy worth having.

Scanning the skies, he could tell that it was going to be a dreary day. It was overcast and humid, the sort of day that left you feeling sticky and sweaty just from stepping outside. He knew it was going to rain soon by the dark ominous clouds heading his way from the north, but he didn’t mind because he knew that the rain would cool him down and make it easier to get back on the road.

For no reason other than a lack of anything better to do while waiting for the rain, Cypher decided to practice with his sling. Fetching a rock from near the road, he nestled it into the sling and casually began to spin it. He began to pick up speed as he scanned for a target, looking for a squirrel or a bird or possibly even a rabbit.

It IS getting close to lunch time…

Stopped.
http://www.maganicwars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14942

Post subject: Re: A Dreary Day (Open)
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:24 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Sorry it took me a bit to post, but here it is :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The day had started early and seemed to be stretching as far as it could; the sun was mostly covered by the overcast of clouds, allowing Lucy to leave her snug branch, sheltered by leaves and high off the ground. It was not even midday but it was beginning to become easier for her to see. During the day was Lucy’s weakness, with the sun, or any bright light in that matter, causing her to not being able to see very well, which left Lucy with basically only two options; 1. To stay high off the ground where she could cause no trouble with a match she would probably lose; or 2. Walk about aimlessly and find trouble every corner she took. Lucy looked up through the branches and admired the clouds, and sighed quietly to herself.

She stood up and stretched out her arms, allowing her hood to fall back onto her shoulders. Her sapphire hair blew gently in the small breeze, and she breathed in the air, tasting the rain heading her way. She reached into her belt and locked her claws in place. She carefully climbed her way down the trunk of her safety to go find something to keep her entertained. As she got nearer to the ground she looked around, not wanting anyone to see her just yet. She did a small leap landing gently on her toes to create as little noise as possible. “I shouldn’t be using these again soon” Lucy thought aloud, and clicked her claws back into the side of her belt.

Lucy began to walk, heading in the first direction she saw, and flipped her hood up once again, shielding her face and hair from the limited light available. The pain from her side had finally faded and Lucy could walk with ease. She was thankful her ribs hadn’t cracked after the blow from Alexanden, but thankfully were only slightly bruised. It wasn’t long before the dark rain clouds had come closer, and she had reached the end of the forest. Along in front of her was a long road. She looked down the road and wondered why she hadn’t noticed it before. Had she even been in this part of darkness incarnated? A noise caught her attention and she ducked behind the closest tree.

Just down the road, she hadn’t noticed a tall man standing near the trees on the opposite side of the road with a... small object in his hands, there was a more light where Lucy was now standing, and she was finding it more difficult to see small objects. She needed a closer look at not only the man but of this object in his hand. She had no idea about the stranger and needed more information.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:55 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(No problemo man, I’m not too picky about time limits as long as you keep me informed :-p)

The whirling noise created by Cypher’s now rapidly rotating sling drowned out the approaching footsteps from down the road behind him. Whoever it was had gone un-noticed, and for the time being Cypher kept swinging his sling around waiting for something to appear that he could let loose on. A low grumble came from his mid section, causing him to frown out of hunger. He knew that he probably wouldn’t find too many animals out and about due to the coming rain, but it was worth a shot and he was patient.

Suddenly, Cypher got the feeling that he was being watched. He had no idea where someone would be watching from, because the forest was fairly dense and there were many places that an experienced traveler could conceal him or herself.

Not wanting to let on that he was at least semi-aware of someone else in the vicinity, Cypher continued to twirl his sling until he finally spotted a squirrel in the tree he had been leaning against on a branch near the top. It was building a nest that it would sadly never finish. With his sling at maximum rotation speed, Cypher quickly raised the swinging pouch above his head and loosed the rock towards the squirrel. There was a dull thud as the rock connected with the squirrel’s midsection, crushing it and killing it instantly. It fell to the ground and Cypher stepped off of the road and into the wood line to retrieve it. Hopefully whomever was watching would have to change their position to see him now, as he was guarded by the rather large tree that had provided him with his lunch.

Stopped.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:05 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

yer no problems.....it shouldnt happen very often, but i wont end the battle or anything cause i dont realy care about the time thing either (:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lucy had kept her eye on the man across the road, while moving closer towards him. The object in his hands had made her curious, what the hell is it? She watched him as he turned and stood still for a bit. What is he looking at? He was facing a tree, so Lucy could only see the back side of him, and he lifted the strange, unidentified object above his head. There was a thud, the sound of something falling and hitting the ground, and then within an instant he was hidden from her view.

Damn, where did he go? Lucy was looking around the current tree she was now standing behind, only one or two away from where she first saw the man. She kept creeping around, hoping the damn sun would disappear behind a cloud, giving her eyes a break from the continuous strain to figure out what was in his hand. As she rounded the other side of the tree he started to come back into view. She spoke quietly, trying not to give herself away “There you ar....”

A sudden snap came from beneath her foot. Lucy looked down at her feet for the first time and realised she had just stood on a bunch of sticks. Well there goes my cover. She was hoping, even though she knew it wouldn’t happen, that maybe the man hadn’t heard her and that she would be able to figure out what was in his hand before he knew she was there. She had a small feeling that came from the middle of her gut, which told her she was wrong. She relaxed her arms, but kept her hands quite close to her claws, just in case.

She looked up from her waist and looked to where she had last seen the man.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:44 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

*Snap*

Instinct took over as Cypher immediately pocketed his sling and drew his katana. He threw his back to the tree and held his blade upwards, with his hands at waist level. He drew the blade as close to his body as possible to try to minimize the amount that stood out. The sound had come from directly behind the way he was facing now, but had been to his left before he ducked behind the tree. Whomever was there had probably seen him do so, and there was nowhere he could run without being seen now.

“Am I really so paranoid that I jump at the sound of a snapping twig…”

Cypher forced himself to relax slightly. Years of training and forging his soldier mind set had left him with an inability to feel at ease at most times. Even when he slept, his dreams reminded him of whom he really was.

“It is time for something different…No more pointless fighting…” He paused a moment, then yelled for all to hear, “I am coming out. I suggest you do the same!”

Cypher sighed to himself and stepped out from the tree, lowering his katana to his side in his right hand as he did so. He turned to face whomever was watching him, hoping that they would be far enough away that he could assess the situation…and also hoping that they were not waiting with a crossbow pointed at where he would be standing.

Stopped.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:01 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

As Lucy looked up, the man had once again disappeared from her limited sight. “Damn it”. She kept walking around trying to figure out where he could have gone, being more careful than she was before. The clouds were finally starting to cover the sun, making Lucy let out a silent sigh as her eyes relaxed. “I am coming out. I suggest you do the same!”

Then he stepped out from behind his hiding place. She looked him up and down clearly for the first time. She knew he was tall, even from a distance; he had blue eyes and was nicely tanned. Then as she scanned down the man, she noticed the most important thing he was holding, and caught her attention. The large katana sitting by his side reflected the little light left of the covering sun. Should I do as he says? Lucy thought back to her first real battle, with Alexanden, he had a sword much similar, wonder if he is anything like that?

With that, Lucy flipped her hood properly over her hair and face, and stepped out of trees to be standing almost directly across from the strange man. She could not see the small object that was once placed in his hand, maybe in his belt, Lucy thought and looked up to meet his eyes, whilst still keeping to the most shadowy part of the road, and she waited hoping this wouldnt take too long, or a fight would come up. Haven't had one of those in a while!

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:47 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

For a moment, Cypher thought that maybe he was alone after all, and that he had just been hearing things. There were creatures that inhabited the forest other than people and elves, and the noise he heard could have easily been a deer snapping a branch as it ran through the woods…One lesson that he had learned in this life though was that he was probably not lucky enough for it to be just a wild animal, and as his heart began to speed up its rhythm he already knew that someone else had to be near.

After a moment of silence, a dark, cloaked figure appeared from behind a tree about twenty feet away directly in front of him. She was a female Drow; Cypher managed to realize at least that much from the glimpse he caught of her face as her hair settled over it. Her skin a dark grey tone, lighter than that of the males of her species. She had a sort of ominous aura about her, and Cypher could already tell that she meant business. It was obvious that this cloaked figure preferred the darkness to the sunlight, and as the dark grey clouds finally drowned out the sun, Cypher knew that he had lost an advantage. His grip tightened around the blade in his right hand and he rested his left hand on his hip; surreptitiously resting on top of a vial attached to his combat belt.

“In my experience…stalking someone through the woods is bad form. Who are you and why are you following me?”

Stopped.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:39 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

It didn’t take long for the stranger to start talking after she had stepped out of the trees. She had been mostly watching his sword, looking up slightly to see his face. She saw the tension in his hand, grasping tighter to the sword. His left hand moved to his hip and rested there before he spoke. “In my experience…stalking someone through the woods is bad form. Who are you and why are you following me?” stalking, I certainly am not stalking him. Lucy had never thought of herself as a stalker, for just being curious. This man must be paranoid about people following him, even only for a couple of meters. Lucy let out a little laugh and smiled.

“In my case I was not stalking, I was merely trying to have a better look at that object you had in your hands just before. It was quiet difficult to see from such a distance and it caught my attention. And my name, well, my name is Lucy. Would you be kind enough to share your name?”

Lucy had a gut feeling; it was the good kind of feeling. I think I made the right decision telling him; maybe we could just move on and be on our separate ways. Mere seconds past and another of her gut feelings had come; it was not going to be as simple as she had thought. She placed her hands close to her claws, while still keeping them under her cloak, making sure to keep them hidden until she needed to bring them out, which she knew she would. She looked straight into his eyes and waited confidently for a reply.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:34 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

For a moment, Cypher thought he would be able to stifle the grin that was struggling to appear on his face. Her voice was pleasing to his ears…it reminded him of someone else that he had known in his recent past. Dahlia… It would be a long time before he forgot THAT particular Drow. The short time that they had travelled together had been extremely emotionally trying for him, and he was doing his best to move on…until Lucy showed up.

Cypher did in fact smile at Lucy, because he felt like she was telling the truth. That being said however, he still wanted to fight her. The adrenaline that had run its course in his veins for now, but Cypher had a lust for sparring that he couldn’t help but satisfy.

“My name is Cypher Deschain, and if you want to know more…well you’ll have to just beat it out of me.” His grin grew to a full-fledged smile as he raised his sword above his head. His hopes were that Lucy’s eyes would follow the blade as it presented the most threat in his opinion. He pointed the tip of his katana towards the sky, and at the same time slid a vial of Flash Powder out of his belt. He began to lower his blade to point it at Lucy; still hoping that she had not seen the subtle movements that his left hand had made.

When His blade was almost eye level once more and pointed directly at Lucy, Cypher threw his vial of flash powder forward towards the ground about five feet in front of the Drow. At that same moment, Cypher closed his eyes and dashed forward waiting to peek until he heard the POP! that resulted from the chemicals exploding from the vial. His hopes were that Lucy would have been caught off guard enough to have been blinded, but as always at the beginning of a conflict, Cypher was just testing the waters.

(Flash Powder Used, 1x left)

Stopped.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:59 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Lucy watched the stranger with careful eyes, watching his every move. A smile grew on his face, and once again Lucy had a feeling this might just be a miss understanding and that she and him could go their separate ways. His words that followed however changed this thought in an instant. “My name is Cypher Deschain, and if you want to know more…well you’ll have to just beat it out of me.Perfect, this is just perfect. This is exactly what I want to do on an empty stomach. His smile seemed to widen, although Lucy hadn’t thought he could possibly make it any bigger. His sword raised up towards the sky, pointing straight up, then swept down to point towards her. She had focused her attention on his sword, wondering what he was going to do next, and had only just noticed what he was doing with his left hand down near his waist, only seconds before everything came with a blur.

Cypher threw a small vile towards her feet and started to charge towards her, sword still pointing forward, and saw him close his eyes. “What in the world...” All of a sudden there was a loud noise and everything went black. His eyes were closed. Lucy, remembering her surroundings, moved as swiftly as she could forward diagonally to the right side, away from where Cyphers’ sword would be heading, leading her away from any danger at this present moment.

There is something different about this man, Lucy thought, very different to Alexanden that’s for sure. Memories of her previous battle came back into her head, and heard Alexanden’s voice in the back her mind. “Be careful, most don’t fall for the same trick twice.” I will be sure to remember this time, she thought back, hoping he could hear her words. Although Lucy couldn’t see, she still felt connected and able to feel her way for the time being without too much difficulty. I hope this doesn’t last too long, I really prefer to see where I am.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:06 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Cypher’s body moved in one fluid, practiced motion. His eyes closed, head tucked to his chest, and his blade sweeping from left to right in an attempt to catch his opponent off guard. As his blade sliced nothing but air, Cypher quickly opened his eyes to scan for his target. He could see that she had moved out of the way quickly after being blinded; a sign that showed Cypher that he was not to underestimate the Drow.

A chilly breeze drifted through the forest, sending a chill down Cypher’s spine. He could also feel a drop in the air pressure around him; a sure sign of rain. Things were about to get a little tricky, and fighting an elf in a forest was tough enough without muddy footing. ’Gotta keep pressing…’

Without missing a beat from his last strike, Cypher turned towards where the Drow had moved to and did the first thing that came to mind. Taking a few steps forward to pick up speed and close the distance, the soldier put one of his favorite entrance techniques to good use. As he closed in on his foe hoping she was still dazed, Cypher lifted his right boot off of the ground. Putting his weight on his left foot, Cypher raised his right knee to his chest and flexed his right foot, bringing his heel upwards. There was a moment of pause in which Cypher tensed his body and prepared for impact, and then there was a moment of swift and violent movement.

Leaning his upper body backwards as he kicked forward with his right heel, the soldier had given himself adequate balance and maximum force (Hammer Blow). He let out a quick grunt that sounded somewhat like the sound a martial artist would make with controlled breathing, and homed in on his target; the Drow’s ribs. She had moved to her right and was now at Cypher’s left side. He was counting on her not seeing this coming until it was too late; a risk that could leave him very open were she to dodge or counter, yet were he to connect with as much force as he had expended, he knew that he could count on the Drow being in some trouble.

---------------
(Hammer Blow Used, 2x Left)

Stopped.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:19 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

A noise came from her left hand side, and knew where he was, even though Lucy was still having difficulties seeing. She took in a biggish breathe and smelt it. Rain. The thought of rain made Lucy happy, it made things, like battles, more interesting, and helped her see well, with the clouds covering the sun and such. A smile appeared on her face, and she once again took a large breathe, just the smell of rain cheered her up. She waited and listened for any other movements made by Cypher, while her sight had not yet returned. She had not felt any pain which meant she had dodged her opponent’s last attack.

It was not too long before, slowly, Lucy’s sight began to come back to her, still leaving everything a bit fuzzed. When she looked up she saw him take a few steps towards her. It did not look like he was going to attack with his sword, which stunned Lucy a bit. His leg began to rise, and Lucy finally figured out what was happening. She took a small step back and started to move again to her right. Lucy moved her hands closer to her claws preparing her next move in her head, when she was suddenly knocked back a few paces. A large breath came out as she looked back at her opponent. Pain shot up her left side, from where he had made contacted on her, making sudden movements painful for Lucy. Lucy was a little shocked from the blow, as she thought that she was at a safe distance, and not concentrating on what he was doing. She knew that it would make this day a whole lot harder than it would have been.

That is gonna cost me The same thing happened with Alexanden, why haven’t I learnt from that mistake? Lucy took in a large breathe, and she tried to hide as much of the pain as she could before finally clicking in her claws firmly onto her hands. This should throw him off guard, and show him what I can do. A smile grew on her face, and she knew that this battle was going to be a quiet interesting one. She moved in towards Cypher with graceful steps, and brought up her left claw, ready to strike down diagonally across his chest.

I don’t know how well this will work, but I have to try something. She brought down her claw in one quick swift movement. Lucy waited for impact, more like hoped, as it was not one of the smarter things she has done in her few experiences before.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:51 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

i know its been untouched for a while, but am i still able to claim the battle??