It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Distant memories(Anthonie)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:03 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

Here's my attempt at this. If you find any problems with this just get me on MSN or PM me. Hopefully this will work for you. Remember this is my first try at an opening post.
------------------------------------------------------
Lief found himself at Mystone forest yet again. It seems he has been returning to this place again and again.The clearing at which he was currently residing in was clear of tree's. There were a few growing tree's about a few feet high sprouting off from the ground. They looked like small sticks stuck into the ground. There were a few stumps lying around, probably the few tree's that actually grew to full height and then were mercilessly chopped down by the wandering travelers. The grass was a healthy green color, with many flowers growing around, some in clumps and some alone. There was an odd bush or so scattered around. Towards the south was the forest, a gathering of ancient tall trees looming over the forest, yet somehow the sun managed to find its way through the dense canopy of the forest.The trees grew close together, some farther away fro others while some more closer. There was room between the tree's enough for a path leading into the clearing. The room between the trees themselves were not big. Some were large enough for a few people to stand around win, while others barely had enough room for one person.The animals in the forest towards the south made some noise as they scurried around looking for prey to kill or hiding from predators. Lief sat down at a stump. He took his Tacchi down and layed it in a slant against the stump. There seemed to be no one here. Good, it has only been a few years since he last saw Ioden Garth and only a few weeks since his last battle with the drow, Drakol Parlain.

Lief looked at his scarred arms. It seemed as if they would remain there for a while, if they would even come off... There was a rustling in the forest. Lief turned around expecting to see an assassin. he instinctively grabbed his Tacchi. It was only a rabbit. It scurried off a few moments later. Lief relaxed and he put his Tacchi back in his resting place. The battle with the drow made him uneasy, hopefully the drow would not come back, it had been very painful fighting him and Lief had no wish to do so again, or at least not now. His thoughts began to wander, it seemed as if Ioden was here right now... Though it was not exactly that feeling, and even if it was he would be even more agitated, he could never forgive Ioden for what he did, and he never will. It seems for the past few years, he has been living on hate for the drow, hopefully not all drow are as evil as Ioden...

The feeling was still there. It was as if someone was here in the forest. Lief flicked out his tongue, testing the air around him, searching for his hidden foe. There was something nearby, and a lot of them. Probably a flock of birds, flying nearby, or a group of animals. Yet this taste, it did not seem to be animal, almost...human. It may have been error yet it did not seem like on, it was probably just a larger animal, mistaken for a human. Though somewhere, Lief's instinct told him, it was human. It had been years but he had never forgotten the taste of humans when he went exploring with Ioden. It was unforgettable, every race had its own slightly distinct taste, and this, it tasted like human. lie stood up drawing his Tacchi. He held it in front of him, facing the direction of the larger foe. Towards the forest, south. There was no one there, only the trees, with the leaves rustling slightly in the wind. The animals seemed to have disappeared. It has been said that animals know when danger is approaching, it may either be a fierce battle or a natural disaster. It was probably best to leave. Yet there was something stopping Lief from leaving, not a physical force, but something in his mind. He waited, probably in vain, for a foe that does not exist to turn up.

Logic told Lief that he was imagining it. Yet something in his mind told him something big was about to take place. So he waited. He sat back down on his stump, watching,waiting, and tasting for the foe to come along. 'It is probably a traveler, it would make no sense for it to be an assassin, why would someone bother sending an assassin after me, after all no one knows me' Lief thought arguing in his mind, trying to convince himself to leave, that this was just a weary traveler heading for a distant city.

Post subject: Re: Distant memories(Anthonie)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:00 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Ah, the Mystone Forest, a forest which was well known for it's glorious trees and beauty. Because this was one of the landmarks of the world of Darkness Incarnate, it was decided to make this place a natural reservoir. This rule was easily ignored by travelers which simply cut down the trees for firewood. Thus, a clearing, an open space existed in this forest, filled with grass, cut-off stumps of dead trees and sprouts of new trees which were going to replace the chopped ones. In the south of this forest were some of the oldest trees, towering as giants above their smaller brethren. On this clearing there was a Ssar called Lief, sitting and relaxing on a stump with his Tacchi rested nearby him for quick use.

On another spot in this forest, there was another, smaller clearing, probably about four square meters. It was completely black, burned, and mediocre-sized plumes of smoke rised up above it. This small clearing was devoid of all life, everything above the ground was burned, torched until it had the color of charcoal. There was a main with a long blue coat with a hood on, out of which various spikes of red hair poked out. He had a white shirt and a light brown colored pants, the ends of it were tucked into his black leather boots. He was wearing blue gloves complimenting that of his coat, and a strap of brass rested just under the knuckles of his hand.

Yes, this man was Vangolis Taylor, but what could be his reasoning for burning this reservoir of natural life? He was fanatically punching and kicking a tree, setting them on fire to do extra damage. This was his fighting style, the Burning Fist style. Whenever he conjured a flame, his face looked rather frustrated. This was because his flames were not pure enough.. Only a pure flame could match his fighting style for much more damage. This 'weak' flame was merely bringing down the potential of his attacks and himself.

He punched once more, a rage filled punch, after which the tree cracked and fell over. His tie with the Duelist he had faced had left him only with the fact that he was weak, and had much to learn. If he didn't learn how to conjure a pure flame, or make himself stronger somehow, he would be killed in no time.

He drew back his fist again, which crackled which the flames that were conjured around it, ready to bring down another tree, when there was a feeling in his head. As if his heart was in his head, and pumped very loudly, he could hear the pumping in his ears, and a severe headache accompanied it. "What.. the..-" He said before his hand shot to his forehead due to the pain.

Then it was all gone. As if nothing had happened. Vangolis looked up, his back turned to the tree he was about to kill, and saw himself. His hand dropped in shock and he opened his eyes wider than he normally did. While Vangolis was bent through his knees and was standing in a wide stance, this clone of him had a more relaxed posture. That was the only difference.. And the fact that his hair was not red, but blue like ocean. "Come on, Vangolis, are you really going to let yourself down so much just because you fought an unlucky opponent?", the main said calmly. "Who in the world are you?! Why do you look like me?!", Vangolis shouted.

"Don't tell me you have already forgotten me, Vangolis. I am Anth, I am you. There is a spirit that isn't from any forest animal that way. Seek it out.", he said, while pointing to wards the north-west of the forest.

Then this so-called Anth slowly walked into Vangolis, which slightly put him off-balance, but it wasn't like bumping into someone, in fact, the man was gone.

Following the advice of what he believed was a god using his identity as a cloak, Vangolis followed the path between the trees until he indeed did find a strange being. On a clearing, there was a humanoid lizard sitting on a stump with a sword nearby. Vangolis grinned. So that spirit god thingy just wanted me to kill this monster? Fine. I'll do that, and show how much stronger I've because after fighting that duelist!, he thought while he slipped on his brass knuckles and slowly approached his new foe.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:31 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

Lief flicked his forked, pink tongue out again. Suddenly there it was, the taste of the human. Lief looked around. And there it was. "Thank god, for a second i thought i was losing my mind"Lief thought relief showing on his mind. "Though, it does mean having to fight someone, which is a lot preferable to going insane"Lief thought. He turned to face the foe, yes it was definitely a human, definitely human. The man, Lief assumed it was a man anyway, was almost the same height as Lief, maybe an inch taller or shorter, quite hard to tell, at the moment. The wore a long blue coat with a large collar, with the coat open underneath which was a white t-shirt with a round collar, and a small V triangle in the middle of the collar at the front of the shirt.

Though the thing that caught Lief's eye would be the eyes of the man. It bore a similar resemblance to the eyes of Ioden... Lief swelled with rage, even if this was not the elf he was looking for, it would have to do to content the rage he had been living with for a while... The man quickly slipped on what appeared to be knuckles of some sort of material, and then turned to face Lief directly.

It was odd, most humans he encountered in cities seemed to steer clear of a monster like Lief. Though it seemed this human, did not. This may be some sort of assassin... Though it was strange that an assassin would come after him. He did not have any gold, nor did he have or know anything useful, unless he is after the secret, but if he was, there were many others who knew more than he did about that... Or maybe this was a common thief, who was in desperate need for money, or the pelt of a Ssar... Either way, the way the man approached signaled that he meant harm. Lief's scaly reptilian hands, reached for his pouch, From which he withdrew one iron throwing knife. He then picked up his Tacchi and then held it with both hands, immediately signaling that he was going to attack, and with one hand, he also gripped the knife.

" I will give you, one chance, tell me who sent you, what you are doing here, and what you want with me " Lief spat out, in a voice with anger behind it, which was aided by the growl that accompanied it. He then jumped back a few feet. There was a chance that this man was an experienced assassin, and could probably take down a novice samurai with ease. There was also the chance that he was experienced in the arcane art, similar to that Drakol used in their previous battle. Either one would not have been good to face, but it seemed there was no chance.

After a few seconds, he charged, breaking the silence with the sound of feet sliding and running over grass. There was a distinct smell of fire that Lief did not notice before until now. This man may be destroying this forest. If so, it would not be good to let him escape, there was a chance that this forest held the answer to what he was looking for. After a few moments, Lief appeared near his foe, and then, wasting no time, attacked, with a stabbing motion towards the man's stomach, and as soon as the attack was a success, he would slash out, hopefully ending the battle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:42 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Can you please put your thoughts in [i] and not quotations? It almost made me think you were saying that.

This monstrosity was observing him! Observing! As if they had a sane mind to think. Humanoids like that thing are supposed to be blood crazy and kill everything you see, not wait for a human to come by. And suddenly he swelled up with rage, which was easily recognized by the maddened stare he gave Vangolis. "Yes, yes! That's the face I want to see, you monster! Come and try to kill me." He said while his signature evil grin was painted over his face. He slipped his knuckles on and the monster picked up his sword.. and a knife. The fight had begun.

There was a definite confusion about what Vangolis' goal was for coming and fighting that lizard. The poor thing was merely fighting out of self defense and the fact that he saw Vangolis equip his weapon. A murderous intent was coming from that lizard as it prepared for battle. "I will give you, one chance, tell me who sent you, what you are doing here, and what you want with me." It said to confirm the reasoning of Vangolis being here.

But it didn't end with that. The monster jumped a feet back, as if being more cautious. He better be, because Vangolis was going to carve it into the lizard's bones that he was a trouble to fight. Suddenly it broke the silence by charging forward, it's blade facing to Vangolis' stomach. Ha! This thing thought it could just stab Vangolis like that. He easily side-stepped the stab, but the samurai, agile as always, launched a slash right at where he sidestepped the stab.

Vangolis 'drew'. His protected fist met that of the sword, the slightly curved shape helping the sword slide off to the ground right of where Vangolis was standing. "Are all you monsters like this? Because it sure ain't interesting how you fight. You suck." Vangolis said while point a thumb down at the lizard. But it was still within hit distance, and Vangolis wanted to push his luck by testing this thing before playing it risky like when he fought the duelist.

Vangolis held back his right hand. It was engulfed in flames after a matter of second, and soon after, those flames came together in the palm of his right hand. It became a magical orb of fire. He quickly stepped closer and slammed his open palm at the stomach of the lizard. If it didn't dodge, it'd be hit, but if it did, the orb would be thrown forward, thus if it dodged backwards, it'd be hit too. This was a perfect way to see if this lizard knew battle tactics.

Vangolis quickly jumped back to gain distance in case another one of those annoying slashes came, and took on a battle stance. Compared to the duelist, who was specialized in defeating Vangolis' fighting style, this one would be 'cake', so to say.

Simple Torch: 3x left
Stress: 1

On a side note, according to my skills, I'm heat resistant.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:20 am 
Initiated
Initiated

Sorry for the length on this one, didn't have much time.
----------------------------------------------------
The man dodged the attack quite easily. Good, it would be a pity if the fight ended too quickly. The man then held his hand backwards, behind him. Lief turned his Tacchi towards the man in order to block or dodge, the mans next attack. Suddenly the mans hand was set ablaze, a shining fiery ball in the palm of the man. Probably the work of the arcane arts.Strange how the man, did it at such a close rangeLief thought. The fiery ball was thrust, and aimed at Lief's soft scaly stomach, probably a fatal blow, but it was impossible to tell, only one thought filled Lief's mind: Dodge the attack. Lief jumped sideways, just out of the path of the fireball. It was so close that he could feel the searing heat of the fireball, and the slight burning singe that followed afterwards.
"This man is more dangerous than he looks, he is quite fast, and able to block my attacks, though it seems he would do magic at a close range, unlike the drow." Lief thought eyeing the man with a glare. This man did not really look like much of a fighter, or an assassin, more like a random traveler passing by. Yet he attacked, this is not what the average person would do. Normally after seeing a monster like Lief, more reptilian than human, with a sword, most ran away, more concerned with their lives, than honor.
Lief backed away from the man, walking slowly backwards, rather than turning around, it was obvious that this man was not a samurai, and probably did not obey the laws of honor. It seemed it was rare to find anyone who actually did nowadays, it seemed there were more bandits, thieves and assassins than before.His hands flew towards his punch, where he drew one throwing knife, and grabbed his Tacchi with both hands and faced his opponent. Lief let a growl leave from his lips, as he charged, with a blow aimed to chop the man's head off.
In a few moments, Lief arrived, so close. He charged with a swipe, yet it was a few inches too short, instead, he jumped back, and released his throwing knife. Hopefully the man would not notice, doubt that would happen but there was always a chance, that Lief would get lucky. The throwing knife was aimed at the man’s chest, hopefully he would not react in time, and if he did, he would suffer a few blows.
“Hopefully the battle will last long enough, for me to test my strengths against someone like this, but short enough is I won’t get as many wounds as last time” Lief thought remembering the wounds on his arms from the drows broken weapon.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:47 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Nothing special about this post. Except the lateness. :<

The lizard had simple dodged away from the attack. Good, otherwise this would've been a very boring battle. It was observing Vangolis with a glare which had a partial surprise in it, as if it didn't expect Vangolis to have such skill. "Keep looking like that, you monstrosity! I haven't even revealed half of what I can do. If you think all you have to do against me is dodge shiny balls of fire, then you are a failure." He said to the lizard, attempting to say it as a taunt. Then he noticed the knife the lizard still had in it's hand.

It looked pretty much like a staple throwing knife in DI, like the one the foolish duelist used against him. If it's a throwing knife, sooner or later it would be thrown. He thought, and immediately conjured a plan to counter it. Suddenly he felt a booming pain in his head again.

Come on.. Are you that weak? Left me have your body, I'll help you. A voice echoed in his head, calm and collected, which came along with a severe headache. "Shut the hell up, Anth, whoever you are, stay out of this, damn it!" He said, only to see the lizard charge again.

The headache subsided just on time and his hands caught fire, and were slammed into the ground. For a moment, nothing happened, but the grin on Vangolis' face did not subside. A high and long wall of fire erupted in front of him [Firewall]. It covered the whole open space up to the trees in the length and was easy 3 to 4 times the length of a human being. To go around this, you'd either have to risk getting burned and jump through, run to through the trees or.. Or be like Vangolis and have a resistance to heat.

And just on time did he cast the wall, the being attempted to slash at Vangolis, causing him to jump back out of the sudden shock, but he never intended on hitting. Vangolis observed as a completely misdirected throwing knife went through the wall, it went into his general direction, but the wall directed it way too high. "It seems petty tricks is all you have, you fool. I'll kill you and have you for dinner before Anth bothers me again!" He said while cracking his knuckles, ready for another attack.

Firewall: 1x left
Stress: 3 (3 posts until 1 stress is relieved)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:38 am 
Initiated
Initiated

lol, excuse me if this post is odd, i was dizzy for most of today XD
--------------------------------------
A wall of fire, appeared in front of Lief. A high wall, way to large for one to jump over. The fire cackled over the forest, probably burning the ground, and all forms of life on it. The fire cackled, as if happy to be fed these tasty morsels, and almost sure that its next would be the body of Lief. The flames moved violently, as if threatening to come forward and engulf the forest in flames. Lief looked around, to see if there was a through to get at the man. He was starting to bother and annoy Lief with his taunts. Of course they were more than most dared, this one seemed to be quite sure of him-self.

Lief thought about going through the flames. "Would burns be worth it?"Lief thought, wondering if he would be roasted alive. "I could go through the tree's from the other side, and possibly land a surprise attack"Lief thought, arguing. The sensible solution would be to go through the trees, but that would be what the man thought he would do. That or he thought that Lief thought he would be expecting that, so he would keep near the flames. "If I go through the forest, i may be able to end this battle quickly, but what is the fun in that" Lief wondered.

Lief grinned as he picked up his Tacchi. He twirled it around, so the flat side-ways side faced the burning flames. The flames still cackled and seemed to grow larger, yet it stayed at the same spot. [i]"Ill regret this later, but i'll deal with that when it comes"
Lief said, as he leaped through the blaze.

For a split second, there was nothing. Lief's eyes were closed, yet he could see a red light on them, almost as if you stare into the sun, with closed eyes. Then there was pain. He could feel the warmth flow through his body, it felt okay at first. But in less than a second, the pain grew. It seemed as if someone was stabbing him, only the pain was everywhere. In a few moments he leaped to the other side. The man was still there, only now that it occurred to him, that he may have used it to retreat, and his taunts were just like empty threats.

Lief knew he was burned.It felt like it was quite badly as well. He ignored the pain, and his burning clothes. He jumped away from the man, the fire mage. He stopped. Though he quickly got into action. He wildly hit himself with his hands, beating away the fire on his clothes, while his Tacchi lay on the ground. After the flames were away, he picked up his Tacchi, and prepared to guard, but he also inspected his wounds. Large areas of his skin were burnt, not to a black crisp but to a dark red. It almost made him look as if a kid took a picture, and colored in large areas of scales to a dark red color. It may have looked comical to others, but all Lief felt was pain. "Note to self: Don't jump through fire walls"Lief said, almost grinning in spite of the pain.

He decided to play it safe, attack from a distance. Sometimes when he had to this, Lief sometimes wished he trained as a Archer, but that seemed boring, pulling strings, not much fun. Lief charged, silently, in a few moments he reached the man, about 2 meters away, he dropped to the ground, and twisted towards the left, and at the current height he was maybe 4 feet tall, as he was on his knees. His Tacchi was in front of him, and it twirled around, aimed to cut and slice the man. [Primary Form: Circling Blade used 1x]
----------------------
[Primary Form: Circling Blade used 1x] 1x Left

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:17 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Vangolis stared at the wall of fire. Nothing was going on, only the crackling of the fire and the heat that radiated from it's tall flames. There were two ways the samurai monstrosity could attack. One, run all the way around the wall of fire, giving Vangolis more than enough time to prepare whatever he had to do to create a killer flame. Two was to jump directly through the wall of fire and try to catch Vangolis by surprise. Knowing samurai, they never give their enemy a window of time to prepare for the blade to come, he placed his bets on the second option and took a few steps back so that he was further away, and took on a defensive stance, one designed to block a possible incoming blade.

"...regret ..ter ... deal.. co..." He heard the lizard say behind the fire, but could sadly only make out half of it due to the intense cracking the fire was making. This not only alerted Vangolis but also confirmed his suspicions, this monster was going to do a suicidal attack in the attempt to surprise me. "You're boring. You suck." Vangolis yelled through the fire, but the lizard probably did not hear his taunt. A moment after, a burning figure leaped through Vangolis' firewall.

"Holy Pyrakkha!" He exclaimed as he saw a blazing demon jump through, what he thought was, the not passable fire wall. Vangolis was surprised. Was this beast willing to go so far to see Vangolis' death through? He stepped back, in order to not get hit by a counter attack, and had enough time, as the creature was taking it's time putting out the fire on it's clothing/armor. Then he noticed the monster's weapon as on the ground. He could just run and pick it up, and stab the creature in the back. What a foolish move it was.. However, Vangolis had a moral code he wanted to adhere as much as possible, and discarded the idea as silly.

The lizard picked up his weapon instead, and mumbled something about fire walls to itself while grinning. It dashed forward and Vangolis directly reacted. He also dashed at the lizard. The lizard dropped to it's knees to his delight as he came closer. He vaulted over the head of the 4 feet tall lizard, using his hand on it's head as a support. He landed behind it and continued his dash, jumping through the wall of fire himself. He landed, only to see a neat horizontal cut in his coat.

"Gah. And I thought I dodged it, I'm going to have to get new clothing now.. And this was my best coat. Yuck.. That thing was all sweaty." He said, wiping his hand on his trousers. He decided to wear the lizard down using the fire wall and play it safe that way, finish it off with a single punch afterward. However, he knew this Anth figure was going to get in his way somehow, and he didn't like that feeling..

Firewall will last 2 more posts.

Stress: 3 (2 posts until 1 stress is relieved)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:34 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

The man had done it, yet again. Lief chuckled, which sounded more like a growl, he did not expect that at all. Lief's head felt a bit light after being used by the man to dodge the attack. "At least I didn't miss"Lief thought, knowing that not hitting the opponent was the same as missing. The man after jumping over Lief ran straight into the wall of fire. "Is he crazy, he might burn to death" Lief thought, not really caring if he did die, it would probably make his life easier if he did though.

Lief waited a few moments. There were no screams of pain from the burning, or yelps or anything to tell that the map went into the fire at all. "Is that truly a fire now, or just an illusion left by the mage" Lief thought walking closer to the flame. he eventually stuck his hand through, and then quickly pulled it back out. Pain spread through his fingers as they were freshly burnt yet again. Not as red as last time though, but it still hurt almost as much. "Yeah, that is definitely real fire" Lief thought to himself.

"If he think's i would be eager enough to end his life by jumping through fire, he must be out of his mind" Lief thought. "I'll just play it safe, ill wait for this fire to burn out, or for him to come out, or run away" Lief said heading towards the forest. He leaned back against a tree waiting for one of the two, it would be a boring wait, but preferable to being roasted alive.

"What could that man want with me, I certainly don't know anything special, or have anything he could want. Maybe he wants the secret, but that is unlikely no one knows about it...What if he found out...What if he was sent by him... No that cant be... He knows more about it then i do, it would be a waste of time...And if anything, he doesn't waste time... Maybe he just wants to kill... But that seemed unlikely, even if he wanted to kill he would have a purpose.Lief thought to himself, wondering exactly what this man wanted, and why he went after him. He faced the wall of Fire. It was the only thing holding him back from forcing the answers out of the man. "If he doesn't make a move soon, ill go around through the side"Lief thought with no intention of getting burnt again.

A few moments passed, and... This is... boring..., i'm going after him Lief stood up, and looked around, the fire wall was still burning brightly, and seemed to be going strong. Lief walked into the forest, into the safety of the tree. He started walking up, towards the wall of fire, but this time he is walking around it. After a few moment's he was at the edge of the wall of fire, he could see the side quite close-by. He ventured towards it, but not close enough to be burned.

Lief put one hand within his pouch, and took out a single throwing knife. He carefully aimed it at the man's head, hopefully he wouldn't notice, but that was unlike;y. Lief wasn't deep into the woods to be invisible, he was deep enough not to be touched by the fire, and that was all.

Lief threw the knife, as he lay in the woods, probably not the bravest of all attacks, it was more because of caution, there was no need to risk anything, plus, Lief still had no idea what this man was capable of, best not to take any chances.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:37 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

I am #1 in late-posting, but no worries, here it is, I have to wait another 1 and a half hours for the release and probably another hours for the download of Alien Swarm so I'm taking that time to post this.

Jumping through the wall of fire gave Vangolis a breather. He was a magician, not an acrobat or a martial artist despite what he showed to others. He wasn't cut out for punching and blocking and dodging swords. Actually he wasn't even made to cast spells, but that was where his proficiencies lied and it was the path he had chosen. There was a way back, but Vangolis was too proud and blind to take that way back. All he could think about was himself and going ahead.

This wait was severely starting to bore him, but he was going to endure it. He went to the rock the lizard was resting on, and seated himself. It was quite a comfy rock but the memory of a monster sitting on it, and the fact that he was in the middle of a fight, ruined it for him. Vangolis looked at the sky. The sun was starting to set and an orange and red color started to taint the blue sky with it's magnificence. Vangolis arrogantly glared at it.

His short moment of rest was quickly broken when a projectile- Probably another one of those throwing knives of that lizard -came shooting through the sky like a bullet towards his head. "Too easy." He muttered under his breath, so that only he could have heard it. He faced the lizard who was standing between the trees in an attempt to get around the firewall, and simply bent his head to the right as the knife shot past him dangerously.

It wasn't a perfect dodge, as a small cut had appeared on Vangolis' left cheek, leaking a small trickle of blood which was quickly wiped away by Vangolis. "Yo monster. Want to fight in the forest instead? In a clearing with a few plants like this I can't burn stuff." He said, taunting the lizard to follow him into the forest, where he could set trees on fire as much as he needed. Then he dashed forward, at the lizard and, running around a tree which could block an incoming sword attack, launched a punch at the stomach of the lizard. He retreated back and took on a battle stance in case the monster retaliated but in a tight space like this it shouldn't be able to swing it's sword as freely.

Firewall will last 1 more post.

Stress: 3 (1 post until 1 stress is relieved)

Okay. What the hell. I finished half of this but then Alien Swarm came out and I got hooked until now. About 1 hour until the CBT of Freejack so I'm waiting. I'll try to post faster now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:28 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

The man aimed a punch Lief in the stomach. The punch hit, Lief was stunned for a few seconds, the punch would have hurt less if the man wasn't wearing knuckle-dusters, but since he was it added a bit more force, and more pain. After Lief recovered after a few moments he noticed that he was behind a tree.

"Darn, there isn't much room for my sword, i should really buy a dagger of some sort"Lief muttered silently, though it came out as more of a softened growl. Lief quickly put his Tacchi into its scabbard, and his fingers flew to his pouch. He took out a knife, and gripped it tightly with the handle of the dagger facing Lief and the point facing outwards. "Hopefully these can last a close range battle" Lief muttered which again sounded like a soft growl. He ran towards the man, who was behind the tree. He reached the man, but he didn't stop.

He ran a few feet ahead of the man. Alright that was a good sign, the man didn't run off. Lief wanted answers and he was determined to get them. "Alright, who are you, and what do you want of me, i refuse to let you live if you don't answer, not that i would let you live if you did answer, but i assure you, your death will be less painful" Lief said to the man.

Lief still waited a few feet back, just in case he would attack.Still out-side the forest the wall of fire was still burning, if it wasn't there he would get out of the forest. Even though he liked forests, they wer e actually among his favorite areas, but in a battle with the area limited, the man was with an advantage. Not to mention he controlled fire. Fire + Forest with Lief inside = Burnt forest + Dead or Badly burned Lizard.

Lief didn't want to wait for him to answer or retaliate. Lief reached up, and snapped off a branch. It was probably, maybe 1 inch thick and about 9 inches long. The branch was mostly straight and brown, with a few leaves attached to it, and a few smaller 1 inch branches coming out of it. Lief held it near the bottom with his right hand, and he switched the knife to the left hand. The majority of the smaller branches were towards the top, and one or two near Lief's hands. Lief threw the Branch, at the man's neck. The branch twisted around as it flew, but it still headed towards the man's neck.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:09 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Vangolis observed the futile attempt of the lizard's attack. The branch flew through the sky at a high velocity, but was smacked away and burnt to ashes with a mere swipe using the back of his left hand. Such a futile attempt to damage him.. He regarded it more as an insult than an attack, and it somehow made the arrogant grin he always had turn into an ugly, face filled with rage. He snapped. "Don't freaking mess with me, you son of a Drow! I'll first burn your skin to a crisp, then slowly and painfully rip all of your limbs off. Don't you dare use another lame attack like the one before, or do you want to insult me any more?" He shouted at this opponent.

Meanwhile, his firewall was getting weaker, and obviously less tall. The magical power Vangolis had inserted into it was ebbing away and ending the spell. Whatever. It was useless to him now that he had lured the lizard to the forest. He had the obvious advantage with his flames being able to burn the forest down, and his enemy didn't have enough space to swing that big sword around anymore, let alone run and dodge attacks.

He decided to take this packet of chance and dashed through the trees, swinging around them to maintain momentum while various dead leaves and branches cracked under his feet. The being was getting closer, and Vangolis readied his punch, but as a cunning strategy to not get blocked again, right in front of the lizard, he strafed to the side, and ran around the lizard attacking it's back directly with a punch.

Meanwhile, at the same time Vangolis punched, the magic stream to his firewall disappeared and Vangolis felt somewhat relieved, as if some of the stress his magic put on him was magically removed. As an attempt to mount a defense all Vangolis had to do was take a few steps back and stand between some trees with a opening between them that could easily fit a human, but not a monster like that, he thought.

Firewall is gone now.

Stress: 2 (4 post until 1 stress is relieved)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:49 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

Sorry it took so long to post i kept putting it off till now
-------------------
The branch that was thrown was easily burnt and fell in ashes. No surprise there, Lief hadn't expected that to work anyway. This human was a tricky one, quite swift, and cautious to not take any damage, or as little as possible."Don't freaking mess with me, you son of a Drow! I'll first burn your skin to a crisp, then slowly and painfully rip all of your limbs off. Don't you dare use another lame attack like the one before, or do you want to insult me any more?"

"Does he think it will be that easy to beat me? He seems weaker than that drow i fought but he's quicker as well, though he has a limited amount of spells, so far he only used the orb of fire, the wall of fire, and some other fire move. It seems like all he could do is dodge, hide behind his attacks, and make threats of killing me. It's becoming tiring now..."

"Is that all you can do? Insult me?, i haven't seen you do much in this fight other than talk and burn as well as hide"Lief said as a response to the human's threat.Lief took a glance towards their previous fighting place. The wall of fire was getting smaller. It was probably just a matter of time until it completely fell away. Then they could get out of the forest. There was very little room to do anything here with that sword. The only thing he could actually use was his hands or feet. That would leave him at a disadvantage still as the man used no weapons other than his knuckle dusters, so he was probably more skilled at unarmed combat, and he didn't want to risk that. There was also the fact that he was slower even though his reflexes are faster than the average Ssar, the human was less bulky therefore he could attack faster... The stones upon the ground could be used as a weapon. They were small so it was harder to dodge, but it won't do as much damage, but it's harder to burn, and it's possible that he won't be able to burn it at all. The branches lying around and hanging on the trees, were not a choice, as he could burn them quicker than they could reach him, but if they did hit it could hurt a bit, possibly not a lot though. Then there were the throwing knives. Though he had only 2 left, the one in his hand and the one in his pouch. Though the other 3 had been easily dodged, so it would be lucky if it actually hit.

The man obviously had an advantage either way even if he didn't use the Tacchi, as he could dodge the knives if thrown or block them with the knuckle duster, and there wasn't much room for Lief to move around either. The man could burn branches to ashes before they had a chance to hit. Then again he could always use stones as it'd be harder to burn but possibly as easy to dodge.

While Lief was thinking the man went on the side of Lief and around to the back, never risking a direct battle. He punched aimed at Lief's back. Lief, instead of blocking or minimizing the damage, he twirled his throwing knife around with the blade facing the man, and soon enough the punch hit. Lief felt a block of pain in his back. It possibly left a bruise... "That'll hurt for a while"Lief thought wincing as he turned around. The man walked back into some tree's, which would not allow entrance to someone of Lief's size. Though it possibly won't allow as much movement for him either. Lief leaps forward slightly, a few inches off the ground, and threw the knife, aimed straight for the man's stomach, hopefully he won't be able to dodge this.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:11 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Screw me. I am not setting up a good battle reputation if I keep putting this off. I promise to post within 3 days now. :/ And whoa, that post was almost entirely recap, with one sentence of your own actions. (Of course your thinking isn't recap.) Note that I have not used Burst Touch yet so you could not have known of it.

As Vangolis retreated into the trees, he was something flashing in the hands of the lizard. What could it be?

A throwing knife!

"Shit!" He thought as he looking around for an escape route. His plan had backfired. He lured the lizard into the forest so he could use his smaller build to easy maneuver around while the lizard had a hard time. But now he was the one in trouble. The trees left and right of him provided little escape routes or dodging space, the only exit would be in front of him.. Meaning he'd run right into the throwing knife if the lizard threw it.

Arrogance. Pride.

To think his own pride got him in his situation.

Vangolis looked at the lizard to see what it was going to do.. No.. He wasn't. He just had to create a little place to work around without granting the lizard the chance to do so. [Firewall] He gathered his anger and panic and turned it into heat, as he felt he could cast best when warm. He slowly put his hands together, as if praying, and he saw the lizard throw the knife. It was as if everything was in slow motion now. A mystic wind blew as if it came from Vangolis himself, and then he separated his hands and the air between the ignited.

He dropped to his knees and slammed both hands into the grass floor they were fighting on. "Ha!" He stood up thinking that the knife was stopped by upward flowing current of the firewall. But he was wrong. The lizard was not aiming for his head, but his stomach. The knife shot through the firewall, and hit him straight in the left shoulder. He grasped to take out the knife, and managed to take it out before it went deeper into his flesh, as that would be problematic.

"Shit! Damn you! Pyrakkha damn you, monster!" He exclaimed in pain. The firewall now towered high above both the fighters, and he wondered if his words even reached the lizard. He tried to move his arm, it still worked fine, unlike the time that that foolish duelist hit him in the same place, since he was able to stop the knife earlier this time.

The trees also started to catch fire and so did the ones around Vangolis. Due to his natural resistance to fire, he was able to escape when it was needed now, and the lizard couldn't throw anything at him anymore. At head on fighting in this forest.. Vangolis would win.

Firewall will last another 3 posts.

Firewall: 0x left
Stress: 4 (3 posts until 1 stress is relieved)

THERE. And don't make a boring post like waiting it out like you did before, as that doesn't make a battle any more fun. :D Use your imagination and find your own methods of fighting me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:51 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

Hah sorry about the previous post.
-------------------------
There was a moment of satisfaction as the knife plunged into the man's shoulder drawing blood. It didn't last long. It was replaced by fear as the air in front of the magi was replaced by fire, quickly feeding on the tree's grass, and stones that lie on the ground. It was hot, almost as if you can see the heat waves radiating out of the wall. The fire was spreading quickly. Eventually Lief was confronted by a blanket of fire quickly drawing in. The mage had it easier, being ignorant to the pain of fire, it was harder for Lief. though at least it wasn't ice. Lief hated ice.

The only way to escape was to move back out into the field, and out of the forest. There would be more room for moving around, and the use of a sword was allowed. Though the only way to move back, and hope the fire was slower. Lief hopped back a few steps. Though without looking back he accidently hit his left elbow against the many tree's. These tree's in the forest did not help aid in escaping. Nor did it help that the immense fire wall was coming together fast.

Lief looked towards the left, There was a small opening between the tree's. "it'll be a tight squeeze, but if i go out facing sideways i should be able to make it" Lief thought. Lief leaped towards the tree's towards the left. The many tree's in that small area was ablaze with sparks of fire leaping off, and falling on the ground spreading like a wild fire. Lief prepared to go out through that slim opening, as the tree's caught on fire.

It was sort of like a candle, except that tree's don't really melt, they burn to ashes. Lief decided to go through that. It was probably safer than to go through everything else. Though there was also the chance the fire would spread their also. So lief decided against that.He Jumped backwards, and ran through another cluster of tree's.The fire was spreading through most parts of the forest.Not good. Lief ran a bit more towards the right, and then straight up. Close towards the fire wall. And the closer he went the sounds of dying tree's and crackling branches became louder.

Lief ran a few meters ahead of the fire wall, though the fire still spread. Spreading almost in an odd shaped circle, radiating from the wall of fire that lay in front of the magi. Lie had to go closer to attack the man but it would also become more dangerous, it didn't help that he only had one more throwing knife either or that the tree's in the area would render them almost useless.Lief drew his Tachi, even though there wasn't much room to use it.. He ran a few a meters behind the mage, and jumped back as a few burning branches fell near the area lief was standing in before. Lief looked forward and realized that the fire had made the tree's so weak that even the most sturdiest branches were falling off. Lief leapt forward and ran towards the mage, and attempted to take him out from the behind. Not the most honorable thing to do but at the moment Lief didn't really care. Lief's Tachi was at the side with the blade facing back and in a position that would be a person drawing their katana from a sword sheath if they had it at their side. As Lief came closer he sliced upwards with the Tachi aiming to almost slice the man in half.