It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nature's Resurgence (Michael)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:37 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

“Uunnnngh” Kronk awakes, his head throbbing. Propping himself up in a sitting position, his gaze gradually scales up the tall tower in front of him. His memory quickly flooding back images into his brain.

The battle with decay...

Was he truly defeated? Or did he merely vanish. Anything could have happened in the blinding light that threw him from the top of the tower. Kronk held his hand to his side, he must have hit a tree on the way down. Which undoubtedly saved his life. It seemed like just another day, the sun shining, the birds chirping. But in reality Kronk was asleep for almost a month. The aura surrounding the tower had dissipated. And vines and bushes had begun to climb the tower walls once again. It seemed weird to Kronk that vines would grow so fast in just one day. But he did not know for how long he had slept.

He stood up, and started walking towards the tower, perhaps to confirm in his mind that Decay was dead. But yet as he reached the door, something new stood before him. A ball, not dissimilar to a disco ball, was divided into quarters, each quarter represented by a different colour. The ball spinned fairly fast.

Kronk walked inside to ponder this strange sight. And noted that as each colour passed over him he felt a different sensation pass over him. He noticed the green colour first, and what he noticed about it was that his pain seemed to fade faster and heal a little quicker than normal. A sort of regeneration aura was present in the green light. Kronk noted that this might be the cause for the enlarged vines on the tower. The next colour to sweep over him was red. He didnt know what this one did at first, until he tried to move. He instantly noted that he felt heavier than normal, as if gravity had a greater effect in this aura. Causing him to move a little slower than normal. The aura passed and brought him into the next colour. Blue. He was almost instantly knocked off his feet. Not because the blast was overly powerful, but because he wasn't expecting it. The Blue colour brought about an increase in wind. Not overly powerful, but formidable, especially if your not expecting it. The last of the colours was yellow. Kronk was looking right at the orb when the colour switched from blue to yellow, and almost instantly covered his eyes from the sheer brightness the yellow aura created. Not only that he also noticed the yellow aura was much warmer than the other aura's. It almost felt like a sauna in that it seemed to make him perspire a little as he stood there. Luckily the green aura was coming back next, and he stood in it as long as possible before it switched again.

This time as the colours switched he was ready for each aura as it came about, for the red he stood tall, so as to not be brought to his knees by the increased gravity. For the blue he braced himself against the wind, and for the yellow he looked away from the orb. He tried following the green aura as it swept across the room, but it moved slightly quicker than his walking speed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to your DOOM michael, lol just kidding, I wanted to do something different, so I hope this is allright for a setting. The orb can be any colour you want it to be on your post, it can be the same as mine for one post, or you can change it to a different colour and I can mimic your colour for one post. It doesnt matter what colour you change it to, but you cant be in the same aura for two consecutive posts. The aura's arent overly powerful, so dont be worried that the gravity one is gonna crush you or anything, its mostly just a slowing aura, slowing the people in it. So hopefully this works for you, I wanted to give us some sort of perk to help us keep the battle interesting for us, because I tend to get bored sometimes if theres nothing to keep me entertained in the battle. A bit of clarification on the green aura, it is meant to be like the weak skill that says, “ignores minor pain” and thats basically what it does, it relieves a bit of minor pain and restores a bit of stamina, but it wont heal gaping wounds or anything like that.

Pm me if you think anything is unfair or needs to be changed otherwise, enjoy.

Post subject: Re: Nature's Resurgence (Michael)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:22 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Thelranor had made his way out of the town, covered completely by his cloak, and hiding his new weapons inside of it. There was only one man in this town capable of making what he held, and that mine was now dead, dead because of this very creation. Vengeance had it’s fist victim, the first in a long line of bloody carcass’ drawing him onwards to kill those who took everything from him. Everything. But first he needed power, and that was why he was heading in this direction. Over the past few days, some strange power had been emanating from the tower that stood in the distance, decay and destruction reigned across the area, and Thelranor dreamed of harnessing that power.

And then it exploded. Just hours ago, an enormous rain of fire, light and destruction engulfed the entire tower and whatever was inside it, destroying in a show of force like this world had never seen.
Thelranor was sure nothing could have survived that blast.

And that brought Thelranor here; here to this barren wasteland, pockmarked with burnt craters, and pieces of rubble littered the ground, and Thelranor reached and to touch one. As soon as his fingers made contact, he recoiled violently. Whatever had been in this tower wasn’t of this world, that much was clear, Thelranor could feel the power, the hatred and the pure malevolence seeping from the stones and knew that whatever had lived in that tower was a being so powerful that it’s presence left a residue in the stones so strong that even he could sense it.

He needed some of that power.

Thelranor stepped into what remained of the tower, and surveyed the wondrous scene before him, in the centre of the ruins , seemingly suspended in from the roof, although Thelranor, couldn’t see how, was a glowing ball; and it spun swiftly across the room separating it into four quarters, each glowing a different colour. Across the other side of the room, standing in the green light was an orc. Brutishly large, these creatures were notoriously stupid, and equally dangerous, Thelranor stepped into the room and was immediately greeted by a gust of powerful wind, that threw him of balance, and pushed him over into the rubble behind him. He remained in this position as the next colour passed over him.

It was the Yellow. Thelranor gave a scream of pain, so high pitched that it sounded almost other-worldly, and buried his face in his cloak, his eyes and head burning in pain with the brightness of the light. Thelranor moaned slightly as he pushed himself to his feet, covering his eyes as he staggered away from the centre of the room, feeling for something to hide behind, something he could use to cover his eyes, and protect himself. He was sure the burly orc had heard his scream, and it was only a matter of time before the orc made his way to Thelranor, and Thelranor had to be ready.

______
Sorry for the wait, was waiting on approval for my custom item. All clear now

Post subject: Re: Nature's Resurgence (Michael)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:39 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

*sigh* I declare this battle over once again.
Just my luck.