It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dangerous Knowledge (vs. Michael)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:14 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Thelranor returned his gaze to his opponent to see his bolt, well, sticking out of the girls chest. Which was good, because that was where it had been aimed. The problem Thelranor saw, is that she didn’t seem to have noticed. As Thelranor looked on in shock, she noticed the bolt protruding from her chest, and proceeded to totally ignore it. What have I gotten myself in for here. Am I fighting some form of demonic being which doesn’t feel pain? That bolt could kill a normal man, and here is a small girl, or perhaps not a girl, who hasn’t even felt it.

It wasn’t long before this thing, for that was the only way Thelranor could refer to it now, was an the attack again, taking a few quick steps across the top of the shelf and towards him. Thelranor stood, feet planted as he waited for to approach, waiting to react to an attack, having learned from his mistakes last time. She began with the most obvious of strikes, a simple lunge for the heart, with that strange two-pronged sword she wielded. Thelranor planned his reaction as she came towards him. His weapons so far had seemed utterly useless against this thing, so he opted to try a different approach.

As the thing rushing at him took its last step, Thelranor left arm came across his body, his hand close to his right shoulder and as the blade got close to his chest he pushed it off to his left using his left forearm, protected by vengeance. As his arm made contact Thelranor let out a yell of pain. The blade had done something to his armour, and his left arm from the tips of his fingers to his elbow and up his upper arm sang with pain. What magic did this thing wield?

But Thelranor had to push on with the attack, as the strange sword passed to the left of his body Thelranor began to move, stepping forward and to his left on his right foot, he leant into the creature with his body, and gave her a mighty push with all his weight using his right arm to deliver the force, hoping to catch her off balance from her lunge and send her plummeting off the bookcase.

Perhaps he could still win this fight. He would just have to resort to a different set of tactics.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:46 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Musalis plan worked almost. As expected, he blocked her attack, and thus was hit. Yet she hadn't thought about his return-attack, dismissing his weapons as unimportant; blades wouldn't hurt her badly. Yet it seemed he adjusted quickly to unexpected situations, as proved when he suddenly pushed her instead. With a drop of almost to meters, that was a valid tactic. Musalis found herself off balance, over a drop that would at least harm her badly, and with no way back. So she took the only way open - forward. Pushing off from the bookshelf with her feet, turned the ungraceful fall into a slightly more graceful jump that brought her onto the next bookshelf. The landing was rough, but Musalis managed to avoid falling. Looking down again, at the small passage between the bookshelves that made it part of the labyrinth, the skeleton shuddered. If the aisles had been only that much wider she wouldn't have managed the jump and landed down there.

But there was no time to ponder would-have-beens. Musalis got up, momentarily wincing at dull pain in her legs caused by moving. It seemed the jump hadn't gone as smooth as she had hoped. She'd have to make the next jump on her own conditions; or face the possibility of a fall. Due to having moved away from her enemy, she still faces the other side of the room; yet with her sight she could still see him, and react to attacks. But maybe he didn't know that yet... which would present a little advantage.

"Didn't you say this is a dance? Well, pushing you partner off-balance does seem to be part of dancing as far as I know. Maybe you just don't feel the rhythm? I think I can help with that.

Musalis changed her voice slightly, so that the song would call upon her God. Then she let her clear voice ring across the library, making the battle almost seem like part of a musical.

"Blades flash in darkness, and meet once more
no time to wonder, what life is for.
Just stay alert, keep you mind on the fight
if you fail you will die, won't survive through the night.

Spinning in circles, clashing once more,
Precise as a clockwork, like waves on a shore.
Just one step can kill you, if you step wrong
But I keep on fighting, and singing a song."

[Praying, Post 1]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:40 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

It had shown what it could do now. Thelranor believed it was out of tricks. And he still had a couple left. As it sailed over the gap between the shelves to the one across the aisle Thelranor took the chance to take a breather. His arm ached like an old bruise, not to sore to use should it come down to it, but sore enough that he would avoid it if he could. Whatever foul magic that sword used, it was something he couldn’t risk touching again, especially with Vengeance, for the bracer somehow seemed to amplify its power.

Of all the things this strange being could do, singing was the one thing that would piss Thelranor off the most, while simultaneously confusing and ever so slightly disturbing him. There was nothing quite as eerie as a twisted little almost-girl singing about fighting you with a bolt through her chest and trying to fight you. Thelranor wasn’t quite sure how to react and for some time stood still in bewilderment.

Thelranor thought about what chances he had to damage this thing. It seemed impervious to sharp objects, the still protruding bolt was proof of that, and its agility made it hard for him to repeat his last attempt at inflicting some damage. That left Thelranor with one thing he had yet to use. The pitiful remains of magic he wielded, that which he once believed to be powerful, before he remembered. But first he would need to work out what this thing was. And the easiest way to do that...
“What the hell ARE you?”
... was to ask.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:32 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"A very good question.", Musalis said, "Although you wrong in both time and formulation. Wrong in time because you should have asked yourself that before you entered this battle. Maybe you could even have asked me. But right now we are locked in a fight, so I wouldn't give you more information then necessary. So you will have to wait until the battle is over - or until you learn what I am the hard way. As for the formulation error, that can't really be blamed on you. But 'in hell' is about as far from the truth as you can get. Now, if you would please excuse me... I intend to continue singing song and thus distracting you; while also leaving you wondering if I am taking this battle seriously."

Musalis became silent for an instant before adding: "Oh - and a word of advise. Beware the black flute. I wouldn't want you to get seriously hurt." Oh course, there wasn't anything dangerous about the black flute. Yet Musalis hadn't lied; she had never claimed that her advise was useful. And she really didn't want her opponent to become seriously hurt. Of course, the two sentences together created a new meaning; namely that the flute was dangerous. Yet she had never actually said that the flute was more than harmless, so she still wasn't lying. Maybe deceiving, bending the truth, but not outright lying.

Once more the skeleton called upon her voice, letting it grow and fill the building, until the walls seemed to vibrate with the power in her voice. Musalis would have smiled if she could have - for she hadn't yet shown any of the real power in her voice. It was already there, though, calling her God. But as of yet the effects were invisible. But that would change.

"Let flow the river
Let blow the wind
I see you shiver
For you have sinned

Let grow the tree
Let melt the ice
Once you were free
But now bound trice

Let shine the light
Let sing the song
You once were right
But now are wrong."

[Praying, Post 2]

Last edited by bluedragonfire on Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:33 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

The figure gave a non-answer. She managed to speak for several sentences and somehow give Thelranor no meaning to go on. Which pissed him off to the point where he stopped listening. She probably said something important, but he didn’t care. He just wanted to shut up this singing, bolt-proof thing.

Thelranor took a few steps to his right along the book case, sizing up the distance of the jump, and decided that he could make it with relative ease. But before he did, he needed a distraction, and he had the perfect idea for one. Pulling the ring wrapped around his now injured left arm, he drew a card from the deck concealed in Vengeance. Switching it to his right hand to protect his bruised left one he released the card directly at the thing across the aisle [Card Tricks]. In the darkness of the library Thelranor thought it unlikely she would see anything but a flash of white, and would have no idea what it was.

As soon as he released the card Thelranor was on the move again, leaping the gap between the shelves, and, taking a moment to regain his balance, making his move towards the singing figure just metres from where he stood. He wasn’t worried about a counter attack, it was extremely unlikely that she saw his dark figure in the blackness until it was too late, and he had regained his balance. So he waited carefully watching what the figure would do next, and how he could silence its irritating voice most quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:07 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Musalis started to feel silly praying for help. The way the battle was going it was likely she didn't need help. She didn't need to do damage. She just needed to stay out of harm long enough. Eventually her opponent would be worn out. It could take hours, but undeads had all the time in the world. Without a need to sleep any battle were the deciding factor was time was won. Yet she probably hadn't seen every move her opponent had yet. Until such time being too sure of herself was not advisable - the tide of the battle could change easily; for example if it turned out that he had a blunt weapon.

Because her attention lingered on her adversary while she sung, Musalis caught a glimpse of something, and instinctively tried to dodge. Yet she still wasn't fast enough, and something hit her shoulder. But the impact wasn't really an impact at all; actually it was so faint that she almost didn't feel it. Her gaze went down, and caught sight of a card falling between the bookshelves towards the ground. A card? Why would someone throw a card at her in battle? Questions started to turn in Musalis head, and no answers were in sight. So why she looked for him again Musalis was vary. The card didn't seem dangerous, but he didn't seem to be the type to do useless things. There had to be more to this.

But he wasn't were he had been anymore. Musalis gaze quickly searched the room, finding her opponent on the same shelf she was on. Fortunately, it seemed that the moment it had taken her to realize he had jumped to join her he had spend regaining his balance. If he had attacked right away, she might already be lying on the ground below. Musalis shuddered, and readied her weapon, while she frantically tried to think of what to do. Should she stay and fight? Or jump away, and trust that she could always keep enough distance between her and him? Both options were dangerous, and her choice of the bookshelves as a battleground didn't seem like such a good idea anymore.

Musalis decided that she could just as well stay. Jumping and being caught in the jump would be fatal; being hit while standing firm was only dangerous. Her weapon ready to counter any attack, she continued her prayer. She went for a nonsensical song, spending no effort of the words, but instead on creating beautiful melodies woven into each other, even changing, and yet alway the same; ever challenging each other, yet working together in harmony.

"Ahhhhh.... dadaadaidu
Ohhhh.... dumdidai dad
Ahhhhhh... dadadadaa
Neeeeeee dideididum
Ladiladiladiladi dam."

[Praying, Post 3]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:54 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Thelranor looked to see that the strange creature he fought was still standing on the bookshelf opposite him, and still singing a song, now without any recognisable words at all. She didn’t seem to react at all to his card, so Thelranor put into action the second part of his plan, charging head on towards his opponent. As he ran he wiggled his left little ringer, exerting pressure on the ring that encased it, and bringing his deck of cards into his hand enabling him to draw one before replacing it quietly, and he doubted that the creature he faced would have noticed, even if she could see clearly.

Before long Thelranor slowed to a walk, not 5 metres from his opponent and his hand moved quick as a flash, just as fast as it did every other time, and released a second card. This one, while it would look identical to his opponent, travelled slightly slower, and on the underside there was a symbol slowly fading in. A symbol from an old language so powerful that the lost characters still had power. And this one was the symbol for burden. [Weighted seal] Thelranor released the card towards the chest of his opponent, allowing for its slight curve so that it would hit her in the left arm should she jump backwards, and potentially in the right if she moved towards him. As soon as he released the card in her direction, Thelranor was on the run again, closing the distance to where he once again had the advantage.

Thelranor was still puzzled by this thing he was trying to subdue. Dressed in blue that hid any and all of its skin, it possessed two voices, a weapon that hurt him more when it hit his armour and an annoying habit of singing. Not to mention the fact that it still had a bolt sticking from its chest, which seemed to have forgotten about. If he was to have any success of beating this thing, he would need to know what it was. So Thelranor proposed to do what she had suggested earlier. He would learn the hard way.

Last edited by Michael on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:37 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

As expected, her opponent attacked. Now that she knew what to lock for, Musalis noticed him drawing another card. Though it was still going to fast that she only got the impression of the movement, and had to guess it was another card. But what else could it be? A dagger would take longer time to draw. Still, it made no sense to throw cards at her, and that bothered Musalis. If she tried, Musalis could excuse the first card as an accident her opponent had had. Maybe he had played cards the night before, and maybeit had come stuck on his clothes somehow; and then maybe he accidently flicked it towards her when he jumped. Yet with two cards Musalis couldn't explain it like that. Two cards meant that he had a meaning with them. And Musalis couldn't fantom that meaning, which put her at a disadvantage.

Almost without noticing, she had finished her song, and started the next, a silly little love song. It didn't fit the occasion, but she was too caught up plotting to notice. Singing without thinking about what she sung was something she had learned simply by singing a lot. It wasn't something she used very often, mostly Musalis enjoyed her songs. But in battle she usually didn't have the time.

"If people were colors, you would be blue,
You're deep as the sea, dear, and as stormy too."

Her opponent... he still hadn't told her his name, and that too started to bother her. Thinking of him as "my opponent", "that figure" or "the stranger who irritatingly enough doesn't have enough manners to tell me his name when starting a battle" became a little boring after a while. Anyway, before he let the card fly towards her as expected, something unexpected happened. He infused the card with magic before letting it go. [Magical Sight] Well, that made a lot more sense. Magical cards were could be powerful, depending on the magic, and sending a decoy card first was a good tactic. Most people would have been fooled.

"And I be red, dear, that you can see
the color of sunsets, to caress the sea."

And even though Musalis knew what was going on, she had a hard time thinking of what to do; and time there was little of. She had to avoid the card, as it easily could be twice as dangerous on a position this high. For instance, an explosion would not only damage her but also throw her off the shelf. Yet there was no way to go, the shelf was quiet narrow. So the only sensible solution was...

"Together that makes purple, also pretty nice,
And then every winter, you'd turn into ice."

... down. Musalis dropped herself, trusting gravity to make her faster than the thrown card. Even while still falling, thoughts started to race through her head. What know? Lying on a shelf was about the worst position imaginable, especially since her opponent clearly possessed magic. Maybe she could turn the fall into a roll, and get right back up? Yet rolling on a shelf struck the priestess as even more of a risk. She needed time. Time to get back up, and maybe to another shelf, into safety.

"So then you'd be white, dear, no longer blue
But I'd still be red, dear, that much is true."

The card passed centimeters over her head, showing that she had missed it only narrowly. Musalis frowned mentally. Was this card slower? The first card had seemed slightly faster... or maybe that was just her imagination because she couldn't believe she had actually beaten the card. But there was no time to gratulate herself, for time was still the important factor. Thus, it was time to play her ace regarding time - the siren song. Affecting her opponents emotions in hopes of gaining enough time to reposition herself. But Musalis hesitated. Was it really necessary to do that already? The longer she managed to withhold her strongest secrets, the better. So couldn't she find some - any - other way to deal with the situation? Well, given time... but that was the problem.

"Together each winter, we would be pink
which is kinda girly, I know that's what you think"

Her borderline philosophical considerations were cut short when her opponent arrived, now having closed the distance between the two of them. Now, she was really out of time. Musalis acted fast, on her first impulse; not daring to consider the situation lengthly. Lying flat as she now was it was easy for her to draw one of the book on the top shelf. She used this in a crude swipe against her opponents knees. Without waiting for results, Musalis scrambled to get back up - hoping her rather basic attack had bought her enough time to regain her footing.

[Praying, Post 4]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:19 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Somehow the being that stood in front of him had figured out what he was planning, and before he had even brought his hand back to release the card the thing in front of him moving to react. she can see just as well as I can in this darkness. Another drow? No, something more sinister, that can see me. I will need to remember that. As he released the card she dropped to the floor to get under it, which Thelranor was surprised by, for as for as he knew ‘Musalis’ had no way to know that that card was any more dangerous than the last one. Another thing to remember, she knows where my magic is.

As Thelranor released the card and continued his way towards the now prostrate figure in front of him, crudely swiped at his ankles with a book as he approached, which gave him a chance to finally see what he faced, for the hands of Musalis were now exposed. A skeleton! It all makes sense. No, actually it makes even less sense Thelranor thought, bemused, but at least it fits the evidence.

This realisation stunned Thelranor briefly so that the book connected with his feet just a second after he reacted, trying to jump to get out of the way. The surprising lack of strength behind the blow, combined with the unusual style of the weapon meant that it hurt very little, but it did knock his feet from under him leaving Thelranor falling onto his enemy perpendicular to her and the shelf she was lying on, and slowly tilting towards horizontal as he fell.

Trying to make the most of his predicament, Thelranor tried to move his arm to have his shoulder make contact with the skeleton below him, approximately between the shoulder blades of his opponent, and watched with horror as his opponent struggled to stand.

He and his opponent were going to collide, and there was every chance that one, if not both of them would be thrown from the shelf to the ground and neither of them would come off well from the landing, the best Thelranor could do in his mid air was to brace himself, draw his legs in slightly and hope that he came off best.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:07 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

In retrospect, thinking before acting would have been a good idea. Her opponent had charged at her, that speed wouldn't suddenly disappear. Making him trip would naturally make him fall on her. Or, with a bit of luck, he would have fallen over her, not touching her. In retrospect, those things were clear. Of course, that didn't help her. If only she had know this a few moments before, she hadn't tried to get up. For by doing that she had efficiently eliminated every chance to avoid getting hit by her opponent.

"But you see, pink is the color of love
And in sunsets, small clouds high above."

Why was it then even when her plans worked somehow she screwed up and managed to get into a position that was bad for her? For the imminent collision would harm her opponent less than her. And they would probably both fall off the shelf. Landing on top wouldn't do much to her opponent, while landing beneath him would easily crush her.

"But beyond the pink clouds the sky is blue
Which, you see, dear, brings us back again to you."

She needed to do something, to play one of her aces. There weren't many that applied, nor many left. Being able to see out behind her, being able to see magic or in darkness wouldn't help here. Nor would making her enemy sad, he would still fall on her. She could of course call her God... but that was her best ace, and she didn't want to risk it yet. That left her with her other gift from Ochre, creating an explosion.

"For if people were colors, you would be blue,
You're deep as the sea, dear, and as stormy too."

One moment before the collision, Musalis managed to clap her hands together. Channelling her Gods gift into the gesture, Musalis created an explosion outward from her. [Concussion] The force should be enough to stop her opponent, and maybe even throw him backwards.

[Concussion used, 2/3 left]
[Praying, Post 5]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:15 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Everything was going as expected, Thelranor was falling, about to collide with his opponent, and then, suddenly something unexpected happened. One moment he was travelling rapidly and out of control, and the next, well... he wasn’t. His entire body shook as he was stopped and thrown in the other direction by a wall of what Thelranor could only describe as force, and a small hint of noise.

Thrown several metres into the air Thelranor landed on his back some 5 metres from where had been when the blast went off, and where, as he discovered as he sat up dazed and numb, the skeleton was standing calmly as if she hadn’t even noticed the massive explosion. All Thelranor could think about was pain. He back ached, and as soon as the numbness wore off from the blast he was sure it would hurt a lot more, similarly, his entire body was numb but for a dull ache that permeated from his very bones.

“WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?” Thelranor screamed still in shock struggling to bring his body and mind into check as he recovered from the blast. As he regained feeling Thelranor pushed the pain his back was bringing him down, focusing on the task at hand, as he had done many times before [Painful Memories]. He had a job to do, a battle to win and he needed to think of a way to harm this evil, accursed skeleton before him as quickly as possible. His instant conclusion was simple enough. Get close to the accursed thing and clobber it to death, not with his blade but with blunt force trauma, and something that he had already been doing. But now he knew where to aim.

Thelranor struggled to his feet as he recovered from the effects of the blast. Other than his back, which he hoped was just bruised, he was fine. Soon enough he would recover but for now he needed to rest, and the best way to do that was to distract this skeleton with words for as long as he could.

“Soo... A skeleton, and a magical, musical one that can see in the dark, looks like a little girl and detects magic.” Thelranor called out to his opponent, almost tauntingly “what have I gotten myself into?”

"Oh and could you PLEASE stop that horrid singing. It's making it hard to think" Thelranor added as an after thought. He had never really had an ear, or any appreciation for music, and her silly love ditties and meaningless words were beginning to grate on him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:27 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

He was lucky. After being flung across the library, he landed on top of a shelf, avoiding an additional fall down to the ground. Actually, the force of the explosion was surprising. She didn't remember it that effective. Musalis looked at her hands, but they seemed normal.

Still intrigued, she looked up, expecting her opponent to charge her again. Should she try to blast him away once more? Or just use her Battle Tuning Fork? Both had worked rather well in this battle. A third option was her Sirens Voice, but she wanted to keep that as a reserve. Although, on second thought, did she really need a reserve? It seemed she was holding her opponent well at bay with what she had used so far. For once it seemed she didn't have to rely on the element of surprise. Or were her tricks just effective because he hadn't expected them?

Surprisingly, he didn't charge. Instead, he started talking. While Musalis listened, she tried to figure out his motive. He hadn't really seemed the person to talk thus far. Instead, he had been rather silent, except for outbursts when he was surprised. So what was he up to.

Musalis laughed when she figured it out, moments after he was done talking. He was stalling for time. It seemed almost surreal. For so long her main strategy had been stalling for time until she could call upon her God to save her. Had she really become good enough that she wasn't the one in that position anymore? At least not all the time? It seemed that way. Her opponent - he still hadn't told her his name - wasn't weak.

That only left the question what he was stalling for. He didn't seem the religious type, and he hadn't prayed, so she doubted there was a God coming to help him. So he probably just waited until... the pain from being thrown through the air on a hard wooded bookshelf subsided. That was the thing that made most sense.

The best thing to do was probably to charge now. Or, rather, before listening to him and her entire inner monologue. That way he wouldn't have had time to recover and she the advantage. Well, it was too late for that now, by the time she reached him he would be fine again. So she might just as well stay where she was and answer him. Or continue singing.

Or, even better, doing both at the same time.

It seems you judge me quite well
Lets see what about you I can tell.
You too seem to see in the dark well

Which implies that a Drow you must be
Other races not in dark well can see
With a crossbow you shot at me

You are able to fling magic cards
Fast through the air, as if they were darts
The first you threw was a two of hearts

While that is impressive, do understand
Against me not a chance you do stand
So surrender now, fore this gets out of hand.

[Praying, Post 6]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:07 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

As a note, I added some extra blast power onto your concussion, because of the fact that I was mid-air, and so would have been unable to brace myself, thus being thrown further than average.
Musalis continued with her infernal singing. Thelranor paused at this and stopped to think on it for a moment. Clearly she was a skeleton, he had seen so himself, and that meant she lacked all flesh and organs. And that included vocal cords, which left him wondering where the voice came from. Of course the answer was simple, like everything else in this accursed world. Magic. The reason for his outcast, the reason he was doomed to wonder this world scarred as he was, and yet somehow the one thing that Thelranor truly sought. And perhaps one day he would find it, but that wouldn’t be now, and it wouldn’t be here.

The skeleton was singing about the battle, describing him much the same as he had described her. None of this came as a surprise, he had hardly been subtle with his abilities, although he found himself unable to suppress a chuckle when she mentioned the card he threw. “A worthy gambit to put me off, for was my deck a regular deck, it would indeed have been the two of hearts on top. Unfortunately, I think you will find that card I threw was blank. I am calling your bluff, so to speak, your skill is not that great. I have taken everything you have to throw at me, and I still have more. I think YOU might wish to surrender.”

Thelranor drew yet another card into his left hand, but decided against using it yet. He would wait until he needed it, which he knew would be soon. Thelranor just wished he had some way of shutting up the incessant singing, it was really starting to grate. The only thing that stopped him from screaming at the skeleton was the fact that he needed her distracted. The pain is his back was still there, a dull ache that would interrupt his movement in the short term, and possibly longer, but as long as he could keep this thing talking, the longer he would have to recover.

So do you have more?” Thelranor questioned, threateningly “Or are you just going to give up now?”

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:24 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

His argument made little to no sense. Why should she give up? He hadn't even really hurt her yet - while she had just blown him across the room. Not to mention that her weapon was effective against his armor, while his bolt hadn't done anything to her. It had to Cindy, but that was another matter. Right, Cindy... Musalis was pleased to notice that the bible had stopped being annoying. Though she usually didn't interrupt Musalis during a song; she had that much sense. Also, she had to act as a link to Ochre. Musalis could imagine that to take some form of... effort? concentration? itching? something else? She didn't know, but expected it to have an effect. But thinking about Cindy wasn't going to help her along in this situation, she'd have to answer again.

For a moment Musalis considered another song-answer, but decided against it. A normal answer would have to suffice: "It wasn't so much a bluff as artistic liberty. You see, I needed something to rhyme with 'cards', and 'blank' just doesn't. But to answer your question: Yes. I do have more. More songs, that is."

There wasn't much else to do for the moment. She could call her God, but that seemed disrespectful right now. She wasn't in any form for danger, nor need of his help at the moment. Charging the enemy wasn't something she was about to do, when every moment break from the fight made her prayer stronger. Though eventually, she might have to attack - if only to make the fight less boring. But that was eventually, and not yet. So singing it was, for now.

“In the darkness of this land
A little child was born
Left all alone to stand
All by himself and forlorn

In the darkness of this land
there was a little light,
to small to understand
yet shining in the night

In the darkness without stars
the child reached for the light
covered in too many scars
from an endless fight

In the darkness without end
Hoping for an end to all he feared
The child reached out with his hand
But the light disappeared.”

[Praying, Post 7]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:00 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Thelranor tired quickly of this lull in fighting. Perhaps it put him at a disadvantage getting into the thick of fighting once again, but this talking was wearing his patience thin. He had never been one for small talk, always one to get things done quickly and quietly, the mark of the assassin he had once been. While his opponent began singing another song, which Thelranor realised quickly was probably about him; Thelranor began to make his way towards his opponent intent of inflicting as much damage as possible.

The song the skeleton was singing rang clearly through the air, and Thelranor strained to filter it out. He was well and truly sick of the sound of this skeletons voice, and her constant singing was beginning to wear thin his joy of fighting. The sound of hard contact, the screams of the injured and dying, and the feeling of victory as Thelranor slaughtered his enemies. The drive for vengeance and the silent focus on the task, each movement a complex step, each battle a piece of bloody art which only one of the artists would live to enjoy. These were what made his fighting worthwhile, and this skeleton deprived him of all of it. It was just boredom and pride in this fight. Boredom slowing him down, and pride pushing him onward.

As Thelranor slowly walked towards the small, dead, girl in front of him he reached into his pocket at his hip next to his crossbow and drew out a bolt, holding it in a clenched fist in his right hand, he slowly closed the gap between him and his opponent. Thelranor was glad to find his back was no longer seriously bothering him, just a nagging ache in the back of his mind, and one that he could manage easily.

As Thelranor closed to within arm’s reach he took one quick step forward and brought the bolt in his right arm down towards what he knew would be the weakest points on this skeletons body. The joints. And in this particular case, her left shoulder joint, for if he could wedge this bolt into the joint, it would almost certainly cause a great deal of pain, and he might even be able to do some serious damage.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next