It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dangerous Knowledge (vs. Michael)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:21 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Musalis almost smiled, stopped only by the fact that her face was made of bone and thus immovable. Once again, she proved that she was more annoying than anyone else. Well, maybe with the exception of Cindy. Being annoying was usually not seen as a favorable skill, but in a battle it became one. Taunting the enemy was an acceptable tactic, and Musalis excelled in it. And once the enemy was angry, she had the advantage, because anger impaired reason. So her enemy was more likely to make rash decisions that could be his - or hers - downfall.

So long the theory, anyway. In reality, angry enemies turned out to be able to control their anger sometimes. Which made them bound on hurting her, yet they thought logical enough to present a challenge. This enemy seemed to be one of those. Clearly irritated, but not enraged enough to attack without thinking. Well, there were still other emotions Musalis could try to use against him. Smiling for herself, she prepared for the inevitable attack.

For some reason, he thought that using a crossbowbolt as a handheld weapon was a good idea. Maybe he had heard some tales about undead being defeated by stakes. Next he'd probably bring out garlic, Musalis though wryly. Regardless of how he had gotten the idea of attacking this way, Musalis wasn't just about to let him harm her. Or maybe she just should. It couldn't really hurt her, and if he got close enough...

Musalis took a firm grip on her Battle Tuning Fork. As her opponent reached her she quickly moved it into position in front of his neck. No need to hurt him just yet, but that would put her into a good bargaining position. Maybe she even could end this battle with a victory for her right here.

The bolt turned out to have been much underrated by her. He managed to nudge it into her shoulder joint, fortunately the one not holding her weapon. It hurt, but that wasn't what the problem was. The problem was that one well-aimed movement of the bolt could now rip her arm from her body. That wouldn't kill her, of course - it had happened before. But experience had taught her that fighting with a smaller number of limbs was difficult. Plus, once her opponents figured out that Musalis could be disassembled without too much work they often tried to do just that. It was, to make a long story short, annoying.

"Looks like we have reached a stand-off.", Musalis said, her voice slightly strained, "You can dilocate my arm. Yet if you do, I can strike at your neck with my weapon. I never had the chance to try it on a vulnerable spot before, so I have no idea what that would do - could be everything from a mild inconvenience to killing you on the spot. Are you willing to take that chance? If not, I suggest removing your bolt; and I will refrain from attacking your neck."

Continuing the prayer, or even calling Ochre, seemed like a bad idea right now. Irritate him too much, or scare him with the sudden presence of a God, and her arm would surely land down below. So she had to put her prayer on hold, waiting for this situation to be resolved.

[actually... I have no idea if you can put your prayer on hold or not. Huh.]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:39 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Thelranor wasn’t entirely sure how the strange weapon the skeleton wielded had gotten to the vulnerable spot it currently was, but he was aware that his bolt had wedged itself firmly where he had intended it. That left him with an issue, one which his opponent was all too happy to explain to him. She was right of course, he had no idea what that thing would do to him if it got his neck, although he doubted it would be lethal, whereas he knew exactly what his bolt would do, it would just remove the arm if he applied enough pressure. Thelranor had to decide whether he was willing to gamble that, just like the girl had said.

“So it seems” Thelranor began, quietly but clearly, with an air of confidence “it’s a simple choice of the known versus the unknown. I know what will happen to you, and I suppose you do too, and neither of us know what will happen to me.” Thelranor stopped suddenly, thinking about his situation, and taking the time to silently draw another card while the girls attention was focused elsewhere, manoeuvring it onto his hand as the rune it held faded into his skin [Speed Seal used]. “But there is one you thing you seem to have forgotten” Thelranor resumed, with a slight pause for effect, “and that is...” Thelranor trailed off slowly trying to divert the girls attention as he brought his left arm up with as much force as he could, trying to get it between the blade and his throat, while simultaneously throwing all his weight into his right shoulder, pushing his right hand towards the girls head exerting as much pressure as he could, in turn rotating his neck away from the blade that would almost certainly be rushing towards him.

“I have two arms” Thelranor shouted, finishing his sentence with a taunt. Thelranor hoped that everything he had done was fast enough to get himself out of harm’s way in time.

That’s almost a double attack I think, if you have any issues with it PM me and we can sort it out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:02 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

[Well, it's more of a defensive action. You are preventing me from attacking your neck. However, I used that as an auto-hit. (you are explicitly moving your hand in front of my weapon. I couldn't really miss) Hope that's okay.]

"Indeed, so it seems.", Musalis said calmly. Her tactic hadn't worked, and now she needed to rethink things. Just flying into rage wouldn't help at all. It certainly wouldn't bring back her arm, that now was far below her on the floor of the library. In reflex, she had gone through with her attack at the first sign of movement. It hadn't been fast enough.In some way, her opponent had managed to bring his hand between the Battle Tuning Fork and his neck. How he had managed that, she wasn't sure. But it might have saved his live. Or not. As she had mentioned, she wasn't sure about the extend of damaged her weapon was capable of. And he couldn't take away his hand; if he did, the Battle Tuning Fork would be at his throat. If Musalis was lucky, her weapon could inflict enough pain to make her opponent incapable of using his left hand for the rest of the battle. That would even the odds.

Yet she couldn't stay long enough in position to make sure. He had one hand free, while her only hand left was locked in place. With his free hand, he could attack without giving her a chance to stop him. So some distance was a good idea. Musalis took a few steps back, carefully not to fall off the shelf while doing so. Then she stood still, her weapon in front of her in defensive position. Now seemed a time as good as any to call for help.

"Halai."

With that single word she sent her prayer to Ochre.

[Prayer ended, 7 posts in total]
[leboyX will be next to post]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:45 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

How ironic it was for the god of music, sound, and generally harmonious "noise" to be called upon amidst the somber shelves of a deserted library: a sanctuary of silence, as it were. Ochre felt uncomfortable: it felt like a violation of the building's dignity by physically dwelling in the structure. Yet, both Musalis and Tehlranor had done enough to disturb the tranquillity that had settled in the library. The god's own gift to his humble servant had been one of the main contributors, blasting rows of books with a sound practically punishable by death, had the library had attendants to enforce it.

On the other hand, Musalis' disturbances had fell into a continuous, sonorous prayer to him, and Ochre was very pleased. Her thoughts and actions in battle showed him respect, for his young priestess had learnt to fend for herself whilst understanding her god supported her in all her struggles, both the easy and the hard.

Thelranor's advanced speed derived from an ancient magic the mystic could understand only a portion of, but Ochre knew its potency and how important it could be. He also understood how close Musalis' foe had come from removing one of her arms, which the poor priestess had experienced time and time again in her travels. Perhaps the best thing to do would be to give the speedy mystic a little "shock".

With a wave of his thick, strong arms, Ochre imbued Thelranor's limbs with an odd musical "gift". With every aggressive action he took towards Musalis, he would feel a deep, baritone vibration in the bones of the limb taking that action. This vibration could come from something as simple as a footstep or pulling the trigger of his crossbow, and would be started from a stronger "peak" of vibration that would physically shake his frame. Thelranor's would no doubt be quite bewildered by the sudden turn of events, and would have trouble aptly coordinating his body for the next few minutes.

But Musalis was not without her own gift too - and an aged one, at that. Her ability to sing with the depth of the feeling of the Sirens would prematurely release Thelranor from his bonds, but would have a much more potent effect upon him. Of course, Musalis wouldn't know this directly. But, she would recognize the mere presence of Ochre's thoughts like a soft ticking in the back of her mind: she might or might not pay attention to the inclincation:

Maybe you could see him a song to dance to, what with his jiggling...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Bottom line: Any actions Thelranor takes which could be labeled "aggression" towards Musalis will have the above affects. It'll basically feel like you've had a slow, more powerful jack hammer duct-taped to whatever limb you're using to be "aggressive". This will go on for 3 posts. If Musalis uses Siren's Talent, it will have a much more extreme, harder-to-resist effect, but will end the vibrating "gift".)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:58 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

No problem with that whatsoever.
Thelranor’s plan went perfectly. Well as perfectly as it could have gone. It definitely went as intended, but he had grossly misjudged the power that his opponent wielded. His arm hurt. Alot. It ached to the very marrow of every bone, resonating with a power that sent pain through every nerve from his finger tips to his brain. The pain was so great, and the sensation so numbing that he found himself unable to use his arm at all. Not even the fingers would move. Thelranor felt the panic in his body rising as he recalled what he had lost, the legs he had spent so much of his life without. It was all he could do to stop himself crying out in pain and fear, but he fought hard to maintain control, and to finish what he had started here.

So it was with rising terror and agony that Thelranor began to once again resume his reckless warpath when his opponent called out a single word. Not a song, or a witty remark, just a word, shouted as if a prayer to the heavens. And it was with that word that he stopped screaming. His right arm spasmed and shook with a force unlike anything he had felt. He suddenly lost control as the bolt dropped to the floor, quickly followed by Thelranor himself as his entire body suddenly shook with a mysterious force as he lost control of it. Thelranor lay helpless on the bookshelf as he vibrated, unable to control his muscles.

As Thelranor began to realise he had no control over his body, he screamed, a combination of pain terror and rage, a scream so savage that it sounded almost bestial. Slowly the pain in his body subsided, and he was left with a dull ache everywhere except his left arm, which by now had completely lost feeling. Thelranor just lay still, hoping that whatever had just happened had finally stopped, and wishing that he was naive enough to believe in the gods, so that he could have someone to pray to for safety. He managed to muster the energy to call out to the figure of a young girl standing quietly on the edge of his vision.

“What strange manner of power do you wield; that you can strike a man down with a single word?”

Thelranor lay quite still waiting. Just waiting for something to happen. When nothing did he slowly made it to his feet and stopped standing still facing the one-armed figure across from him, a figure of silent fury, made all the more terrifying by the look of pain that still remained emblazoned across his face. His left arm limp at his side, Thelranor was once again content to wait to see how things played out.

The girl he was fighting clearly wielded a power that was far beyond his control, but he had made his first real damage on her, and his thirst for violence and revenge was just getting started. She had hurt him more than any opponent had ever done, in a fair fight, and she would pay dearly. But Thelranor needed all the strength he could muster, and his fatigued, bruised and aching muscles couldn't support him that far yet. So he would wait. He had waited more than 20 years for one piece of vengeance, he could wait a little longer for this one. And he would enjoy it all the more when it came.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:16 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

There was nothing that helped confidence as much as the presence of her God. Even though she didn't see him, Musalis could feel his presence. It warmed her soul, and made her feel that she could do anything. Her opponent didn't have a chance. No matter what he did - she had the help of a God. Not even the loss of her arm could stop her now.

And she didn't even know what Ochre had done. The only thing she had was a suggestion whispered in her head. Making him dance? That could prove difficult. Her opponent didn't seem the type to suddenly start dancing. But currently, Musalis simply viewed it as an exiting challenge. Yes. He would dance, for Ochre.

So enchanted was Musalis by the presence of her God, that she reacted late when her opponent attacked again. But somehow, that didn't matter. He fell on the ground before her, his body riddled with spasms. So that was what Ochre had done - he had taken from him the opportunity to fight her. Or at least made it difficult. Musalis wondered for a moment if she should attack while he was incapable, to end the fight. But striking while he was defenseless wasn't something she'd do. At least she needed to give him the opportunity to give up. Besides, Ochre had suggested she make him dance. So she just stood, and listened to him.

"I wield a power you might never understand, stranger. The power of music, lent to me by Ochre, the God of music. So as you can see, you have no chance against me. Give up, and as I promised I will let you live. I will even let you keep your dignity. Fight back, and I will make you dance for me."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:10 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Thelranor waited, and while he did so she answered his stupid question with an even dumber question. The power of music? Really? What the hell kind of power does music have? It’s just music. Thelranor thought to himself, before being overcome with mirth. “MUSIC?” he Exclaimed. Thelranor couldn’t help himself. He laughed, for the first time in more than 20 years something had made him laugh. This entire battle was just so ridiculous. He was fighting the skeleton of a little girl that had all sorts of magic and clamed to use the power of music.

Thelranor went to take a step towards the girl across from him who stood staring at him puzzled. As his foot hit the ground it began to vibrate, and Thelranor quickly lifted it in a panic, his laughter gone and his pains returned. He needed to end this before he became too fatigued, and too sore to continue, but Thelranor was not about to lose this fight. He wanted revenge. Not that it seemed likely in the near future, every time he moved towards his opponent, he broke down into a shuddering mess. He would just have to stay firmly planted and taunt from here. “The power of music” Thelranor muttered to himself chuckling.

“Well my little musician, my dignity is long since gone, away with my hope and my ideals. There is nothing left but the broken figure you see before you, and he doesn’t dance, except for the dance of death, and nothing but vengeance will force my hand.”

Thelranor stood defiant, for in truth, while he had no fear of music or it’s supposed power, the suggestion that the little girl was a follower of a god did truly scare him. It was not long since he had last clashed with a devout follower, a priest of Orthos he had since discovered. An encounter which had left him battered much more than this, blasted by an explosion, crushed by debris and burnt by flame. This little girl had nothing compared to what he had wielded, but if she were to call down her God on him, Thelranor wasn’t entirely convinced he would survive.

Hopefully the god of music was in a nicer mood than the god of slaughter. Thelranor didn’t doubt it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:26 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Why was he laughing? After all, he had not exactly been very fortunate in the battle up to now. To put it in other words, he had been rather beaten. It was easy to see by just counting how much they had hurt each other. He had pulled off her arm. She had hit him with her Battle Tuning Fork, and blown him halfway across the room. And that didn't even mention the effect of Ochres intervention, which had left him on the ground in spasms. Well, ground wasn't the word to use. It was on a bookshelf. Only luck had prevented him from falling two meter down to the floor while without control of his body. For that matter, the same was true when Musalis had blown him across the room. Again, it was only luck on his part that he had not missed a bookshelf when landing and fallen down to the ground below. What would it take for her opponent to accept the power of Music as real?

And then he said more things that were just plain confusing. Talking about himself as a broken figure, and revenge. Revenge for what? Musalis didn't understand her opponent anymore. And that was dangerous. Lack of understanding gave her a disadvantage. Not to mention that he had exposed her choice as a false dichotomy. She had asked him to either fight back or give up, but he had done neither. What was she supposed to do now? Technically, they were still in a battle, so the logical thing would be to attack. However, how could she fight someone who didn't fight back? That wasn't the kind of person she was. But he was the one that had started the fight, wasn't he? If he started the fight, it was his problem. And she had offered a way out for him. He only needed to give up, and she would do anything to him.

Musalis tightened her grip around the Battle Tuning Fork, and wondered how she could strike at him. He knew about her weaknesses now, and while Ochre had stopped him from attacking her, would he stop him from defending himself? Musalis doubted it. So she decided to use the oldest trick in the book, with a twist. But first she needed to repeat the offer, to make clear to him it still stood.

"Let me repeat. I didn't ask for a lengthy nonsensical rant. I gave you a simple choice. Give up, or fight back. If you give up, I will let you go. If you fight back, I'll make you dance for me and Ochre. Until you decided, I regard this fight as still active, and will attack you."

Then she suddenly pointed to her right, and said: "Look! What's that over there?"

Naturally, every fighter knew this trick to distract attention. And so, he probably wouldn't fall for it, and look there. However, that was what Musalis counted on. For in the hand she had pointed with, she held her Battle Tuning Fork. And by not paying attention to her pointing, he would neither pay attention to the Battle Tuning Fork. With a smooth movement, Musalis quickly moved her weapon, aiming for a quick tap of the shoulder. Then she retracted her weapon. After all, with her other hand currently dislocated, the Battle Tuning Fork was her main means of defense.

"I don't see anything over there... oh, that's right. It's because you keep me inside your robe, so I can't see out. Not to mention that you left an arrow in me. That hurts, you know. Way to go, Musalis."

Musalis sighed. She had almost forgotten about the bible in the heat of the battle, but now that the prayer was over, she naturally was starting to get annoying again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:07 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Thelranor listened as the girl in front of him repeated her demands, clearly agitated. It seemed to Thelranor that not only did his speaking put her off, but his indecision affected her as well. From what Thelranor could read from this battle she seemed unwilling to attack an opponent who refused to fight back, and Thelranor believed he could capitalise on that, by refusing to retaliate offensively for as long as possible. Patience was something Thelranor had been gifted with, and something he could definitely use to his advantage in this fight. He wasn’t about to let the girl maim or seriously injure him, but making her worry about attacking would be pleasing to watch at the very least.

And then suddenly Musalis pulled the oldest trick in the book, pointing away and yelling at him to distract his attention. “If she honestly expected that to work, she is an idiot. She would also be right.” Thelranor turned his head and body to look where the skeleton was pointing, his attention still firmly focused on the skeleton, that was now on his right, out of the corner of his eye. He watched as she reached out with her strange forked weapon, and watched as it reached for his left shoulder and came down to make contact.

In an instant, with a single movement Thelranor dropped to his right knee, wincing with pain as his injured back flared in protest. Spinning on the balls of his feet as the fork passed just through where has shoulder had been he brought himselfto a stop looking back at the girl standing in an once again defensive stance as he hit the ground, just out of reach of either of them. Thelranor deemed that being in a vulnerable position on his knees as he was, he would take advantage of the situation, and respond to his opponent.

“A choice you say? It isn’t as simple as you seem to think, you see I have never been good at choices. So I will take my time to think; and if you can find it in your heart to attack a defenceless and injured man then so be it.”

And finally another voice spoke up. One that was different from Musalis’ but certainly coming from her. Without thinking Thelranor flinched slightly expecting some kind of godly intervention, but he quickly realised that it wasn’t that. Hidden somewhere in the folds of the girls cloak was something alive. Something alive, that could speak and just happened to have an arrow sticking out of it, which Thelranor supposed, meant it wasn’t really hidden. Whatever it was, however, it was extremely annoying.

Thelranor forced himself not to react as he found himself doing something that he wasn’t normally accustomed to, but something this battle had forced on him a great deal. Waiting for his opponent, and fighting reactively. Soon he would react, but for the moment he would wait. “I must be patient.”

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:14 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

She had to attack him again. Even though he was defenseless and injured. No, that wasn't right. He wasn't defenseless. He still had his crossbow, and surely some other weapon as well. And Musalis guessed he wasn't too bad in unarmed close combat, either. Not to mention that he simply had to give up, and she would stop attacking him. It would be stupid to give him time to get back up. But of course it wouldn't be a dumb move to act as if she was going to leave him in peace.

"Oh, right, I guess I should have introduce you.", Musalis said, "After all, you are almost defeated, so I don't need tot keep secrets anymore."

She put away her Battle Tuning Fork, and pulled out Cindy instead. Cindy still had the arrow in her, and Musalis couldn't pull it out with just one hand, so she just left it. Then she walked causally closer to her opponent while she talked.

"So this is Cindy. She is my bible, and thus my link to Ochre. That is my God. Besides that, though, Cindy only has the power to be very, very annoying. Say, hello, Cindy."

"Hello.", Cindy said, "I'm Cindy, as Musalis has already said. But I'm not really annoying, I'm actually rather charming instead. You might never have met a person as charming as me. But that isn't saying a lot, is it? I mean, someone like you can't meet many charming persons. I'd guess that instead, you hang out with people like yourself. So then I thought to myself..."

At that point, Musalis had arrived in front of her opponent, and tried to hit him on the head with Cindy, as hard as she could. Hopefully, he had not seen that coming.

"As I was saying, until you give up we are still in battle. You aren't defenseless, as you still have you weapons. As for injuries -well...", Musalis looked at her missing arm.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:50 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

I thought I had already posted this. Obviously not.
Oops.

The skeleton pressed on towards him and, declaring him almost defeated, at which Thelranor laughed inwardly, she sheathed her strange blade and pulled out what Thelranor assumed to be the source of the voice. The book which Musalis had drawn from inside her robes was introduced as Cindy, and Thelranor recognised his bolt sticking steadfastly through the book. Thelranor should have been surprised by the talking book, but the sheer level of weirdness he had already seen today and his exhaustion combined to the point where he quite simply didn’t care. A talking book was something his brain was simply willing to accept.

The bible continued to talk as Musalis approached, and Thelranor watched intently, waiting. His back and left arm were significantly injured, but his legs worked fine still and he had a plan. Thelranor struggled to move his left finger, and was delighted to find he had regained just enough control to trigger vengeance’s mechanism. As the deck of cards shot out of the bracer on his left arm, Thelranor reached across with his right carefully and drew a card, holding it gingerly in his hand. He made no secret of what he was doing, content to let the little girl conjecture as she would as she made her way towards him, holding her bible aloft and slowly closing the distance. Just as she approached striking range, Thelranor put his plan into action and, well, struck.

Thelranor pushed hard of both feet, his right behind him, and his left in front, throwing his shoulders forward with his body weight as he extended himself into a powerful tackle targeted at Musalis waist. He doubt she would have time to get herself out of the way, and the limited space the bookshelves provided meant she almost certainly couldn’t if she tried. Thelranor’s careful planning had worked perfectly as he rapidly closed the distance to contact.

At least, Thelranor thought it had, but the sensation of extreme pain run through his body as something heavy collided powerfully with his lower back, the part of his body already causing him significant pain. The sensation of pain was overwhelming, stronger even than the magic wielded by the elf he had fought last time. How a creature so small had hefted such a weight was beyond him, but the small skeleton had, and Thelranor was in agony. He let out a terrifying and agonising scream, loud and angry, announcing to the universe that he was angry, but most importantly that he was in pain, the flames of agony ran through his lower back and Thelranor closed his eyes and gritted his teeth, unwilling to give in to the pain again, focusing on what needed to be done [Painful Memories] as he rocketed towards a dangerous collision.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:31 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Her opponent seemed finally decided to fight back again. Musalis was relieved at this turn of event, regardless of her words and actions she hated fighting against someone who didn't fight back. And it also meant it was time to show him her him bit of power, something she was eager to do. He seemed so cold and composed... but would he manage to keep that up once her words touched his very soul? That was left to see.

He launched himself for her, trying to tackle her. Musalis managed to take a step backwards first, resulting in him only getting a hold of her legs. How he was still so determined to fight was beyond her. Her hit with the book had been a success, and while her special bond with the bible made the book feel lighter for herself, it would feel heavy her him, and give him much pain.

"I guessed you wouldn't be able to keep up a pacifist appearance.", Musalis said, "It's not like you. Now, prepare yourself for... on second thought, don't bother. Preparations won't help you now."

With these words, Musalis infused her voice with the power granted to her by Ochre, the power to evoke feelings of loss and sorrow, longing and regret with her song. [Siren's Talent] And just for the irony of it, she chose a happy song to do this. A song you could dance to. She also prepared to free herself, should a situation present itself. Should his grip lessen during her singing, she would withdraw her legs from his arms, and stand up.

"Sunlight cascading from the sky
Painting the world in brightest shades
And you can see, as time goes by
People dancing in july
Dancing still even as the sunlight fades

Dancing on and on, to the end of time
Dancing time and time again, till the end of rhyme

Gravity does not seem to apply
Seeing the world in brightest shades
They dance as light as if they could fly
in the sky so high
Dancing still even as the sunlight fades

Dancing on and on, to the end of time
Dancing time and time again, till the end of rhyme"

[Siren's Talent, 2x left]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:08 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Thelranor’s plan had succeeded in part, for he had managed to grab his adversary by the legs and bring her crashing down into the top of the bookcase. Unfortunately Thelranor had sustained yet another serious injury to his back, and he wasn’t entirely sure if he was able to move himself from his position prone on top of the shelf. He lay perfectly still as bolts of pain continued to arc up and down his back he maintained intent to keep Mulasis down simply with the weight of his body.

As Thelranor’s overwhelmed brain struggled to hold onto the idea it just formulated, Thelranor began to move his right arm slowly, focusing all his will power into lifting it up to the skeleton’s remaining arm. Thelranor’s arm was poised over Musalis’ lower stomach when he heard her voice again, faintly through the roar of pain in his head. He heard a song, a song something to do with dancing, although his exhausted brain struggled to pick it out. Suddenly images filled his brain and his pain was forgotten. Images of the family he had lost living their lavish lifestyle, the happiness he shared with them, moments with his master and friend, rare glimpses of his magic, magic that he now could never remember. More images flashed through his mind, getting faster and faster, his arrest, the guards bursting in and his fighting them, a cell, running, and a face. A face he would never forget, the drow queen, pure rage and hatred, and something Thelranor remembered most clearly, a touch of fear. Then the pain returned and there was nothing.

T helranor felt his legs beginning to kick slightly, and his arm begin to slow to a stop even as the symbol of his [Weighted Seal flared onto the blank face of the card. Thelranor was overcome no longer by the urge to destroy this creature that pained him so, but inexplicably an urge to give in, to accept his wounds and just rest, to remember that which he had lost and to mourn for it.

Slowly his arm dropped, releasing the seal as it did so, it hovered directly over where Musalis’ body. Meanwhile Thelranor’s body curled slightly as if to go into a fetal position, before being overcame by injury and stopped, mere inches from where he had previously been, but his weight no longer resting on the legs of Musalis. Thelranor simply laid there, stationary unmoving and barely breathing, as his body and mind tried to find peace in the chaos that surrounded it; tried to cope with the pain it was experiencing. Thelranor uttered a single, extremely muffled word. A word that he had not used for more than 50 years, and one that he had never intended to ever use again. “Mercy.”

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:16 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

She had overlooked the card. Musalis noted her mistake too late, when the card was far too close too her for her to avoid it. And that didn't even take into account that she was currently being held, and couldn't move freely. There was no telling what this card could do, only that it was magical in some way. Musalis kicked herself mentally for the mistake. She had been too busy debating the dilemma of attack a person not fighting back to actually prepare for a response to her attacks.

Still, there was no need to give up. She could still win this, after all, her opponent had taken more damage than she had. Maybe the next move should be to get her arm back, enabling her to use concussion once more... of course given that her song had enough effect for him to let her escape from his grip.

As if in answer to his thoughts, the strength of the grip lessened, and suddenly she was free. Musalis scrambled to her feet, exchanging her bible for the Battle Tuning Fork, ready for any counterattack. It never came. Instead, her opponent uttered a single word, which Musalis had to strain in order to hear. She froze for a second, not sure if she could believe what she had heard. But there wasn't really any mistaking it - she had heard him ask for mercy.

The fight was over.

Suddenly overwhelmed by the strain it had put on her, Musalis sank to her knees. Then she nudged Cindy. She was sure the bible had some inappropriate comment, but this wasn't a moment Musalis wanted ruined. The nudge Musalis was a simple code that Musalis had made clear Cindy followed. The idea was simple - Cindy wasn't always behaving when the situation called for it. The nudge simply meant Cindy was to shut up. Musalis enforced this rule by simply telling her bible she would throw her into the nearest river if she broke it.

"Thank Ochre.", Musalis said, getting up, "I was starting to think you'd never give up. As promised, you have now safe passage out of this library."

She stood, extending a hand offering to help him up. After all, the battle was over.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:14 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Thelranor’s head began to clear as the skeleton opposite him accepted his ‘surrender’. It took a few seconds for Thelranor to even realise what he had done, and as he did, his only reaction was complete abject horror. Long ago he had vowed to never surrender, to always fight for what he believed in and to never back down. Now his ideals were twisted, and his beliefs long gone, but his vow had stood. Until now he had never surrendered, and until now he had never accepted defeat. Thelranor was so struck by his own actions that he didn’t know how to or even attempt to react, he just lay there still and barely breathing while he struggled with himself. He knew that to continue fighting now would mean certain death, he was simply far too injured to win, yet he found himself unable to accept defeat in anyway, and so he was stuck.

Thelranor continued to dwell on this as he looked over to his opponent, who had since sunk to her knees, and he simply stared at her in the complete silence in the library. Thelranor slowly came to a decision, as he remembered the weight seal that he had dropped just moments ago. He was certain that had made contact with the skeleton, and he had no doubts that with a frame that slight she would have serious difficulty managing the extra weight. This meant that despite his injuries, Thelranor would briefly be in a position of advantage. The girl made her way over to him and offered him a hand up, and Thelranor accepted.

Grasping her feeble remaining arm solidly with both hands, Thelranor raised himself to one foot and then heaved as hard as he could, attempting to pull Musalis by her arm off balance and over the edge, down to where her other arm could be found. As he lashed out Thelranor would finish with one final taunt. “There is that surrender you wanted so much. The fight is over, and I will be taking my passage out of the library. Goodnight.” And, regardless of the outcome Thelranor would pick himself to his feet and make his way out of the library trusting the foolish morals of the skeleton, and the extra burden he had added to keep him safe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next