It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tournament!! (Kaine's TB)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:36 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Welcome to DI. Sorry about the delay in getting this up, but I just recently purchased a x box and got easily distracted by that. Hope this is worth the wait.

First off, a few basic rules that all trainers put into their posts:
Quote:
-Battles are fought in turns, you post after a response.
-Fighting happens in "real time"; meaning you can, if you wish, go back in time a little to describe actions and things you do before any attack the opposition lands (within reasonability)
-Be as descriptive as you can. More information makes for better battles.
-Do not ever control your opponent's character (or pets) in any way.
-Characters are, typically, allowed two actions per post: One defensive action and one offensive action. Regardless of whether you were attacked or not, you may only attack once per post.
-You can only use 1 special/spell per turn (you can use multiple skills per turn, but only 1 special per turn). Specials that have an effect on your opponent count as your one offensive action.
-Try to be fair in both your attacks as well as your dodges. Getting hit every now and then is not the end of the world, and deepens your character. (And makes battles more interesting)
-A minimum of 2 paragraphs (though more are desirable!)
-No "unblockable" attacks. There's always something, somewhere that can happen.
-Be creative, use the world around you to your advantage!
-Use a spell checker, or a program that helps with punctuation. It can't hurt...and can generally help your posts become more readable.
-Have fun!!! Battles are supposed to be enjoyable. If you don't like it, something is wrong.

Now, let’s get this underway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The heavy wooden doors were thrust open, allowing a barrage of sounds to rush into the entrance hall. The roar of the crowds was almost deafening, with hundreds of people joining their voices to let their demand for violence and bloodshed be heard. Crowds like these were only a few steps away from becoming a violent mob, and Boreas knew from experience just how easily they could descend down to that level with only a little prodding.

Still, the duellist walked out into the ring of sand and blood in high spirits. It was here that he belonged, in arenas just like this with people cheering for his victory or death with the same eagerness. Only here did he truly feel alive as he put his endless training to its ultimate test. The slightest mishap could end his life, yet he was unafraid.

There was little that did scare Boreas for here was a duellist who lacked the imagination to be afraid. Boreas was a simple boy, and while he had been growing mentally and emotionally over this last year of hardships and trials, his mind still remained in its simple state. There were many advantages to such a state, as Boreas could, without thinking, put his hands to any task and excel at it. And what Boreas excelled at most was his tricky little style of combat.

A small smile flickered onto the duellist’s face as he drank in the roaring of the crowd, listening to the chant that was slowly rising from its depths. Not that many people knew his name, but when the few that did started chanting the people around them caught as fast as dry grass catches a blazing inferno. In moments everyone was chanting, and the words “BOREAS! BOREAS! BOREAS!” rattled the very stone foundations of the arena. Boreas raised his rapier up over his head in appreciation of the massive acknowledgement, and the crowd roared its approval.

The massive wooden doors across from Boreas burst open just as the duellist lowered his sword, and a quiet hush fell over the crowd. Everyone was waiting to see who the other combatant was, eager to know if he or she was famous or just some unknown lackey desperate for their approval.

The smile slid off the duellist’s face as he peered into the shadows beyond the door. The real reason he was here, standing in this ring of sand and death, was just about to walk onto the same ring to join him in glorious combat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Join me in the arena, and don’t be afraid to describe the small duellist before you. A full description of him can be seen by checking out my character page.

Good job on putting that link in your signature.

Post subject: Re: Tournament!! (Kaine's TB)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:04 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

I know very well how distracting xbox can be so its understandable
But now I am excited that the training can finally begin. I only hope my writing is good enough to care (not like practice wouldn't help)
-------------------------------------------------------------

Kaine stood in front of the heavy wooden doors of the arena. There was a tournament today and Kaine had decided to enter for once. Normally he was too busy searching through broken down ruins or continuing his studies of ancient tomes and their like. But this world was a dangerous one and if he couldn't survive a simple tournament, as dangerous as those tended to be, how could he expect to survive the cut-throat world of DI.

The roar of the Crowd on the other side of the doors was deafening even out here. His opponent must have been known by enough people to make such a racket, either that or the crowd was especially bloodthirsty today. They even began chanting the fellow's name. Kaine took a moment to straighten his clothes a bit, fighting for one's life was no reason to look like gutter trash.

The doors swung open and the crowd quickly became silent as Kaine walked into the arena.
The soft crunch of sand could be heard throughout the place as he walked towards his opponent. His opponent didn't look like anything special, wearing just ordinary grey traveling clothes with a green cape. His hair was a bit scruffy and was a brown color, his eyes a dark shade of green. Though he didn't look like much, Kaine could tell the man had been through his share of battles. The man only carried his sword with him, but who knew what else he could have hidden on his persona.

When Kaine was at a respectable distance he bowed to his opponent as he reached for his rapier at his side. Never keeping his eyes off the duelist in front of him he introduced himself.
"My name is Kaine Wolf, and judging from the chanting a moment ago, I would assume you are Boreas? It is a pleasure to meet you and I wish you luck."
As he raised himself from his bow he withdrew his sword and pointed it towards the sky and yelled "Lets get it on!!!" He wasn't much for crowd pleasing and hoped he wasn't just embarassing himself, but the silence of the crowd was a little unnerving, they could at least boo him or something.

With disregard for any regulations the tournament might have with begining their fight, Kaine rushed toward his opponent, sword ready. When he got withing range he slashed diagonally aimed at his opponents right side of his neck with intention of finishing at his left-side midsection. Normally Kaine wouldn't bother with such a reckless and easily avoidable attack, but he had seen so many simpletons fall to such an attack, and if his opponent was one of those simpletons, it would be best to get this fight over with now and not waist his time. Besides it was one simpole way to see how his opponent would fend off even the simple attacks. Dodging, blocking, or parrying could define what strategies Kaine may have to use.

--------------------------------------
Well that went better than i thought i hope that is acceptable

Kaine Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:05 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Good first post. Keep it up, and i have to say that your character has very weird eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His new foe walked calmly into the ring, inspecting Boreas with a pair of very strange eyes. The colour wasn’t unusual, for they were just an ordinary shade of green. What was strange, however, was that they appeared to have no pupils at all. Believing that his own eyes were playing tricks on him, Boreas shock his head and refocused on the approaching figure only to see the same weirdness once more.

The weird eyed figure bowed in front of Boreas and drew his attention away from that one defect. Swiftly Boreas took in the rest of the details, noticing the brown hair, scruffy clothes and the slim rapier resting at the man’s side, and he was again surprised, this time at how similar this combatant was to him, in appearance at least. Whether or not this duellist had the same level of skill that Boreas had was yet to be seen.

Listening to the introduction, Boreas finally had a name to put to this strangers face, Kaine. He was also spared the need to introduce himself, as the crowds booming chant had done a fine job of it. So he just nodded in reply, shifted his stance and raising his rapier into a ready position.

Boreas was very eager to see how this newcomer would fight, for this was the sole reason he was standing here in this ring. His unnatural mother, the nature spirit of savage storms, had sent him to fight in this arena with the sole purpose of inspecting this newcomer to this dangerous world. He had done it many times before, yet he had only once found a newcomer lacking. And it wasn’t long after his test that that newcomer had mysteriously disappeared.

Unfortunately for Kaine, his opening move was both impatient and lacking. It was obvious from his choice of weapon that he was a duellist, and a duellist should never strike the opening move if he could avoid it. The move was a basic slash, and while it wasn’t as bad as a straight on stab it still was too easy to block or parry.

And parry he did, as Boreas swiftly pushed his rapier against the back of Kaine’s, twisting his body out of harm’s way while pushing hard against the rapier. Hopefully, the extra force behind his blade would overbalance Kaine slightly, and it would prevent his foe’s rapier from impeding his counter attack.

Without pausing even to think Boreas stepped closer to his foes left side, keeping pressure on his foe’s rapier to keep it on the out of the way. His free left hand clenched tightly into a fist, and the duellist attempted to drive it straight into the soft flesh of his foe’s liver. His strike delivered, Boreas stepped back and once more raised his rapier, ready for his foe’s next attack.

“That was lacking,” was Boreas’ first words of the match, and they were rich with criticism. “Take your time, and strike me again. With thought this time.”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:52 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Boreas easily moved out of the way of Kaine's attack which was was met with a parry that was obviously meant to off-balance him. Though he was able to keep his balance, his weapon was being held off momentarily by his opponent's throwing Kaine's next move out the window. Boreas moved in closer to his left side with an attempted punch. Kaine continued his forward momentum, twisting his body to avoid the punch and finished the movement by rolling forward to get behind his opponent. (isn't that somersaulting ...i may have misspelled that)

“That was lacking,” Those words were rather an insult to Kaine, even if it was true, but then again, that had been half the point of the attack in the first place.

Kaine had to act fast, his opponent wouldn't just stand there with his back turned and wait for death to come. While rising, he spun around to face Boreas, Swinging his rapier from the lower left aimed for his lower midsection and finishing the swing a little past the shoulder on the opposite side. Wanting to keep the pressure on, Kaine pushed himself and attempted another slash, horizontally in the other direction aimed at the base of the neck. these blows weren't as powerfull as his normall attacks, but it was hard enough to pull off multiple attacks in such quick succession without putting a lot of power into them.
(-Double Slash used....1x left-)

"Dont think me so simple, everything i do has its purpose."

Kaine Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:28 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

That was a basic post, with all you ‘technically’ needed in it. However, to make it a good post you need to flesh it out more. Several ways of doing this is to include memories or emotions in you post, or describe the settings in greater detail. Anyway, here is my post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boreas’ words struck a chord with his foe, causing him to lash out in yet another head on attack. Boreas sighed inwardly at the new offensive, as it was his opinion that no duellist should have an offensive style of combat. If you throw yourself into danger again and again you were bound to get yourself killed. Boreas was a firm believer in waiting for danger to reach him before diverting it neatly out of harm’s way, unless the new path just happened to rebound back onto his foe.

Still, this boy was young, and he appeared to have potential. Boreas stood side on as Kaine rushed to lash out with another attack. The two strikes he pulled off were fast, yet they lacked the flowing style that allowed speed to be parried with strength. Boreas stepped back slightly, twisting to face his opponent fully as he flicked his rapier outwards, using little taps to parry and divert the two swipes that lacked in strength. Then he stepped forward, bringing himself back to his original position and lashing out with his own double strike (Slashing Flurry used).

He lashed out horizontally with the biting blade of his rapier, attempting to slice from his left to his right across the mid section of Kaine’s chest. Then, without pausing to even think, Boreas twisted his wrist, stepped forward and changed the momentum of his slice to diagonally downwards slash from right to left. His movements were similar to the ones Kaine just pulled off, yet they did not sacrifice strength for speed. They flowed together smoothly, providing his foe with no time to break his stride and attack back until after he had finished his Slashing Flurry.

As soon as his move was finished the duellist was stepping back, providing himself with room to move for the next round of this dance. It was a reaction that he instinctively did, forcing his foe to step once again into the role of the offensive fighter. And each time his foe did, Boreas would turn it back on him, and restart the cycle. That was the role of a duellist.

“And the purpose of a frontal attack is to injure yourself.”

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:54 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Kaine's opponent simply stepped back and effortlessly diverted his dual strike attack. Boreas stepped forward and performed a similar attack, though his lacked the imperfection that showed in Kaine's. He could tell that Boreas was more experienced than him, but it was still rather embarrassing to be so easily avoided and on top of that having your own attacks performed against you, but better. Kaine stepped back to avoid the first horizontal attack, then hopped back a bit further to avoid the other. As he hopped back he threw his left hand out as if he was throwing a knife. He felt the light tingle of what he assumed was magic in the symbol on his palm as a thin sliver of energy with a blueish hue flew from his hand aimed at the base of his opponent's neck.
M. Projectileused 1x left

"And the purpose of a frontal attack is to injure yourself.”

It was definitely time to stop the total offensive. Kaine thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to start out that way, there were a lot of people here, wanting to watch a couple of people beat each other senseless, they didn't come here to watch the combatants have pleasant conversations with each other. On the other hand if Kaine kept this up he was bound to make a fool of himself one way or the other. Besides, being on the defensive was certainly a more comfortable position for Kaine.

"I couldn't agree with you more"
Kaine crouched in what appeared to be a more relaxed position, his Rapier rested on his shoulders and his left arm sat on his left leg. His left hand was near the sand, should he decide to snach a handfull. He gave no hint as to what his intentions might be, he simply stared at Boreas as he waited for his opponent to make the next move. This time he would pay more attention to how his opponent moved, little details that might help Kaine predict what Boreas might do.

But tell me what is your purpose? It doesn't seem to me like you came here to enjoy the arena, youv'e been acting like you came here to teach me dueling.

Kaine Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:22 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The back steps were hurried, yet not too sloppy and they allowed the young duellist to evade his double strike without having to parry. Boreas smiled slightly at these movements, before watching the larger jump backwards that followed his own words about rushed attacks.

A curious thing happened then. Kaine moved his left hand as if to throw a throwing knife, something that Boreas was all too familiar with, yet his hand held no such knife. It held nothing, not something sharp or a rock or even a stick. The movements by themselves just looked funny, yet the amusement soon faded as the strange symbol on the back of his pupil’s hand started to glow a strange blue colour.

Alarm bells sounded off inside Boreas’ head as he thought one word “Magic...” before his survival instincts kicked into gear. He had no knowledge of what kind of magical abilities this duellist possessed, yet it was pretty obvious that what was to come would be similar to a knife throw. And the best way to dodge a throwing knife was to, well, jump.

And jump Boreas did, diving to his right as his left hand performed a motion he had done so many times in the past that it had become more instinctive than breathing (Dive Bomb used). Almost before his feat had left the ground his left hand had grasp the thin metal hilt of one of his many hidden throwing knives. His hand flashed outwards as his body arched through the air, letting loose his throwing knife and allowing it to soar through the air and, hopefully, bite painfully into the centre of his foe’s chest.

Boreas pulled out of his dive in a neat roll before jumping up to his feat, twisting around even as his foe spoke. It was amusing to hear that his pupil had seen through his ruse and realised the true reason he was standing here in this ring of sand.

“Someone has to. Now, let’s see if you can attack at a slow pace. Don’t worry, I won’t be going anywhere.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dive Bomb used, 1x use left.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:25 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

It seemed that Boreas had quickly realized that Kaine was throwing something at him and was diving out of the way almost as soon as he had released the energy. If Kaine hadn't been paying attention to his opponent he wouldn't have noticed that he was reaching for something, probably a throwable object of sorts. He quickly grabbed a small handfull of sand with his left hand and hopped to his left, both to get to his feet and to dodge the knife that had been thrown at him. Kaine cringed mentally as he realized how close that knife had really come, flying only an inch or two from him.

As Boreas rolled on the ground, Kaine put his left hand behind his back and his right hand, rapier pointed down and slightly to the left, was eld comfortably in front of him. The effect was to appear as if he were standing in a comfortable stance with the intention of waiting for his opponent to properly ready himself. Boreas stood to face Kaine and prompted him to attack at a slower pace.

Fine by me, perhaps we can even enjoy this fight.(Kaine laughs lightly)..or should I call it a training session?

Kaine quickly took the couple of steps to get to his opponent and swung his Rapier at a slightly wide arc, spinning his body slightly to allow his next move to flow easier. Though this swing appeared to be an attack, it was simply used as a decoy of sorts. If Boreas attempted to dodge it, his swing would flow unhindered, bor if he parried it, Kain would simply let his arm flail slightly sith the blow than try to resist the force. Kaine kept up the momentum and swung his left hand out toward his opponent's face, letting the sand loose from his left hand in an attempt to get the sand in Boreas' eyes as he was distracted by the sword swing. If things went well,, Kaine's next attack wouldn't be so easily avoided. The distraction wouldn't last long, he knew, but that moment might be what he needed to change the situation.

Kaine Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:08 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Boreas pulled swiftly out of his roll, sand spraying out from under his foot as he pushed it hard into the ground to halt his movement. His breath was coming out in a calm pattern that was only slightly harder than normal, and his eyes were flickering about, swiftly locating his foe and catching the end of his tricky little movements.

His pupil’s close fist was lifting off the ground as he returned to his feet, a little stream of sand trickly out of the gaps between his fingers and his palm. The cold steel of his throwing knife flew harmless past his pupil, its biting edge passing only mere finger lengths from the soft skin of his neck.

Boreas watched his foes movements closely, wincing slightly at the near miss. He was trying to teach his pupil a lesson that would hopefully stay with him a long time, and it would be really disappointing if that lesson ended with the swift death of the student. Still, the other duellist’s attitude was positive, and he appeared to welcome the chance to test his skills officially.

The crowd that perched upon the stands around the ring of sand were quiet, well that is to say as quiet as a group that large could be. They ‘ohhh’ and ‘ahhh’ at the appropriate intervals, yet they could tell that something was odd. They weren’t sure just what was happening yet. It was almost like some big cat had leapt on its pray and opened its claws to find a stuffed doll, completely lacking in the blood and flesh that it so yearned for. It was only a matter of time before this crowd realised it had been duped, and then a dangerous mob would most likely charge into the ring.

Fortunately for Boreas’ frame of mind he was oblivious to the rising tension in the crowd. All of his attention was focused on his pupil’s next move. His eyes looked past the swiping sword, noticing how the muscles on the arm behind the blow appeared not to be tensing. So, obviously, this move was a distraction, yet a distraction to what.

The answer came shortly after Boreas lightly parried the incoming blade. Kaine lashed out with his free fist, appearing at first glance to be attempting to smash Boreas in the face. Boreas’ reaction was to simply move his head back, out of reach, yet even as he started to dodge his eyes noticed the thin trail of sand that trickled out of his pupil’s fist. His eyes opened wide in surprise even as Kaine’s fist opened, releasing a gust of sand that barraged his face.

Pain forced his eyes to slam shut, causing the small sand particles to painfully scrap against his eyes. Boreas staggered backwards as he spat out the grit that got into his mouth, using his free hand to wipe at his eyes in an attempt to clear his vision. His other hand raised his rapier in front of him, attempting to ward off the attack that was sure to follow his sudden blindness.

Determined not to be caught unaware, Boreas strained his hearing to its limits and waited for his pupil’s approach. It would appear very unprofessional if his student managed to pull off that last distraction and wound him, not to mention causing the duellist a lot of unnecessary pain.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:19 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Kaine's trick worked. He was a little surprised as his opponent seemed to be able to read his moves fairly well. The attack that was to serve as a distraction was parried, but half-heartedly so as if he knew the attack had no real purpose. It was a little disappointing to have most of your moves treated like childsplay. Then Boreas tried to move out of the way of his actual attack and by the way he widened his eyes in surprise Kaine knew that he had realised a little too late what his true purpose was.

Kaine watched as Boreas backstepped a little, trying to get the sand out of his eyes while spitting the little that had gotten into his mouth. He waited for the right moment, figuring that his opponent expected him to take advantage of the situation and attack immediately he guessed that his opponent would act in one of two ways. One: He might attack blindly in hopes of striking Kaine, But judging from the was Boreas has acted so far he doubted that this would be the likely option. Two: He would get in something of a defensive position and try his best to be ready for the next attack. This was the option that Kaine would bet on, but he waited anyway, it wouldn't do if he attacked the temporarily blinded Boreas only to be struck down by a random, wildly swung attack.

Then the moment he was looking for appeared as his opponent raised his rapier in front of him in defense. Kaine chose that moment to attack. He quickly closed the small distance between him and Boreas. He wasn't going to attempt to land a fatal blow, he thought his opponent would expect something like that and blinded or not it was still easier to defend against the expected. To further complicate his opponent's defence he would use two quick attacks.

First he swung at his Boreas' rapier in an attempt to knock the weapon away from the defended person, even if it was only a little. He hoped that the fact that his opponent was aware that Kaine was capable of making these attacks in such quick succesion would lead him to believe that the next attack would be aimed for the midsection or neck as they would be less guarded after the first attack. Kaine instead thrust his weapon toward the crook of Boreas' sword arm. He tried to angle it just right so that if his opponent tried to parry or block the supposed incoming strike he would only be aiding Kain's attack and if he tried to dodge by jumping back Kaine might get lucky and at least graze the arm a little.
(Double Slash used-NONE left)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you get what i mean at the last part, it makes sense to me but i'm a little tired so...haha

Kaine Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:05 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Boreas waited patiently for the moment when his pupil would try to take advantage of his sudden blindness. His rapier remained motionless, hanging in the air front of his body, waiting to tell Boreas what Kaine’s next move would be. He had two ideas, both of which were possible. Either the duellist would bypass the blade, attempting to skewer Boreas with his rapier and risk wounding by a wild swing; or he would batter Boreas’ blade away, using the swift moves that Boreas knew he was capable of to deliver a double slash before the blinded duellist could respond.

Whatever happened, Boreas was ready. His ears, strained to pick up the slightest noise, became aware of a few swift, purposeful steps crunching their way over the gritty sand floor. His obscured vision could just make out some movement towards him, and Boreas knew his moment had come.

The clash of steel on steel rang out into the stadium as Kaine started his offensive. Boreas didn’t even bother to resist the force of the blow; he just let it be forced off to the side. Then, because it was foolish to try and hold ground while he was so vulnerable, Boreas fell backwards.

He felt the tug of fabric being torn just above the elbow of his sword arm as he fell backwards towards the bed of sand, and he sighed mentally in relief at the close call. Still, one attack deserved another, and Boreas had the urging to show his pupil what he could do when pressured. As he fell backwards towards the sand Boreas raised his free left hand, wedging his two middle fingers into a thin loop at the base of his palm.

He then yanked his hand backwards and moved his fingers so that they pointed towards the sky, looking for the world as if he was signalling for his foe to halt. The force of the yank triggered the release of his nastiest little device, the Knife Launcher, and a razor sharp throwing knife shot out from under his hand at the force of a small crossbow. His vision was obscured, so his aiming was shocking, yet he could hear the general direction of his target. It would be difficult for his pupil to dodge this tricky move at close quarters, yet if he succeeded then Boreas would have to consider this testing completed, and recognise that Kaine should be able to survive this dangerous world.

Having fired his knife launcher Boreas reached both his hands over his head, bending his back as he fell and pushing off the ground to do a neat little back flip. Landing neatly, Boreas rubbed his eyes vigorously once more, and finally looked over the field with clear eyes. His eyes sought out his pupil, eager and perhaps a little worried to see just how well Kaine had dealt with his last trial.

“Enough. I have seen enough. You are well able to hold your own in this dangerous world.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:07 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

It was close, but but Kaine failed to strike his opponent this time. He simply fell backward to avoid the blow, though he did catch a bit of his clothing during the fall. As Boreas fell, Kain noticed the odd hand gesture. Magic? Hidden Knife? Perhaps his imagination getting the better of him, but he had the feeling it would be better to be safe than sorry. His opponent was quick and shot his hand out leaving Kaine with the only option he could think of in an instant. He was already moving forward a bit so he simply tried to jump to the left to avoid what he hoped was an attack. It would be a little embarrassing if he was just dodging air. Another close call as the knife shot by his face just a hair. He ducked his shoulder down and landed, rolling as he hit the ground and tried to get up quickly to face his opponent.

He looked up just in time to see his opponent land, a bit more graceful than Kaine had at that. He winced with pain as he realized that the knife had been a little closer than he realized. His cheek was bleeding quite a bit, though it didn't seem to be a deep cut. He shivered mentally at the thought of what would have happened if he hadn't attempted to dodge. Kaine readied himself for whatever else the other had to throw at him, but instead Boreas seemed to be finished.

“Enough. I have seen enough. You are well able to hold your own in this dangerous world.”

Kaine stayed at the ready for a few more moments to be sure that this 'training' was over.
If it was, Kaine had no more interest in being at this place, the crowd seemed to be getting restless and he didn't want to be in the middle of that kind of mess.

Kaine Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:35 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

You have passed Kaine, with extra kudos for your patients. I was planning to write up an exciting exit with the crowd chasing us down, however i have 5 assignments due by end of next week so i am too swamped to post. Sorry mate