It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Moonhowl's TB
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:26 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Just some things to keep in mind...

-Battles are fought in turns, you post after a response.
-Fighting happens in "real time"; meaning you can, if you wish, go back in time a little to describe actions and things you do before any attack the opposition lands (within reasonability)
-Be as descriptive as you can. More information makes for better battles.
-Do not ever control your opponent's character (or pets) in any way.
-Characters are, typically, allowed two actions per post: One defensive action and one offensive action. Regardless of whether you were attacked or not, you may only attack once per post.
-You can only use 1 special/spell per turn (you can use multiple skills per turn, but only 1 special per turn). Specials that have an effect on your opponent count as your one offensive action.
-Try to be fair in both your attacks as well as your dodges. Getting hit every now and then is not the end of the world, and deepens your character. (And makes battles more interesting)
-A minimum of 2 paragraphs (though more are desirable!)
-No "unblockable" attacks. There's always something, somewhere that can happen.
-Be creative, use the world around you to your advantage!
-Use a spell checker, or a program that helps with punctuation. It can't hurt...and can generally help your posts become more readable.
-Have fun!!! Battles are supposed to be enjoyable. If don't like it, something is wrong.

Oh, and I just saw Inception so my mind is going wild here. I'll just to make the setting a bit more suited to your character.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The light of the glowing forest swirled around him as his pendant lifted towards the air once again. A brilliant white light was emitted into the dark depths of the shadows around him, causing his vision to spiral into non-existence. Slight nausea still penetrating his stomach, Zane lurched forward after teleportation in hopes of compensating for his loss of balance. Instantly he puked all over the sandy floor he now stood on, shivering in disgust before looking up to see exactly what was around him. Things were about to get a little more confusing.

In the far distance were humongous sand twisters, ripping up the desert he now stood in. He had heard about this place far too many times to not recognize it. It was the Desert of Ages, however that was over a months journey from where he had been... the whole situation didn't seem to make sense. Casually starting to walk away the twisters Zane turned around to find himself completely lost in the middle of the desert with nothing but those twisters in all directions in sight. It was not long before he got the answers he had been looking for.

"Hello Zane Shadowcast, we meet again."

There in front of him was an oddly familiar man, his mannerisms much more familiar than his appearance. The way he walked was almost ghost like, as if he wasn't even fully there. Perhaps his eyes were just playing tricks with him, maybe he was dehydrated. Zane watched him curiously as he walked up to him and stared at him for a bit before clearing up the situation a bit.

"You will be meeting another trainee here very soon. Test him as well as you can, and I will give the information you seek about your past." spoke the mirage, barely giving Zane a chance to speak before disappearing into the wind.

Taking the chance to sigh, Zane turned around just quick enough to notice a figure approaching him from across the desert. The trainee wasn't close enough to discern any characteristics, but he already knew he was at a disadvantage. It was coming close to becoming high noon in the desert, the hot sun causing his dark elven instincts to kick into overdrive. Putting his hood up on his cloak to block out most of the overhead sun, Zane stood calmly and waited to address the person.

"So, what are you doing in the desert?" called out Zane with a grin.

(By the way out of context stuff can be put in brackets like so (), also I enjoy having my character speak in red. You don't need a color, but I find it helps sometimes.)

"It's difficult to wait for dawn when you know it's coming."

Post subject: Re: Moonhowl's TB
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:44 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

(Hope it's good...been too long since I've done any good RPing...)

The high noon heat beat down upon the Orcish berserker, his greenish skin glimmering in the sun from the sweat that coated his body. A small metal buckler strapped to his wrist, a Spatha blade in sheath at his side, and a bag of his rations, supplies, etcetera slung across his back, the Orc stopped for a moment to survey his surroundings.

"So, what are you doing in the desert?"

The berserker looked to a lone figure, standing black on the the high desert, about 60 metres away. A drow? In the desert? 'Strange...' thought the Orc, 'Drow not like sun, so why drow in high desert?'

He set down the bag to his side. Could this be the one sent to initiate him into the lands he had come to? "Me searching for warrior!" He beat his chest with a meaty thud with his free arm, asserting his Alpha's trait, his red eyes observing the shady figure before him. "Me told by War Cheif of Clan to find grand warrior!"

He moved closer, moving to about 40 metres, and said, "Ha! You not look like warrior to me." He showed off his fangs, the bones clearly covered in filth from years of raw food and bloody combat. "But Cheif tell me not to underestimate."

As per the tradition of his tribe, he let out a warlike bellow, and said, "Me, Moonhowl Bloodmoor, Son of War Cheif Moonhowl Blacksteel, in name of honor, ask you questions two! What your name, and Will you fight?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:43 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(Not bad, just try not to cut description short. You had a well of great descriptions but stopped it using etcetera. Overall though good post)

"Heh, so it turns out I'm up against a brute," snickered Zane quietly.

The orc's voice boomed across the dusty desert, their distance becoming barely a hindrance to their communication. Watching the figure drop his rucksack to the ground, his trainee beat his chest enthusiastically after declaring his motivation. Peering straight into the orc's bloody red eyes, Zane smiled mockingly, not even being phased in the slightest by the creature's height. After all, what was height to a master of shadows?

"Me told by War Cheif of Clan to find grand warrior!" stated the simple-minded warrior, quickly advancing another twenty meters or so before stopping to comment again, "Ha! You not look like warrior to me."

From the distance they were at, it seemed to Zane that the orc was trying to mock him back, grinning widely before letting it fade away to the glare of the sun.

"But Cheif tell me not to underestimate."

At least some Orcs understand what they are going up against... thought Zane.

It certainly was rare to meet a humble orc, especially within the bounds of Darkness Incarnate, let alone a reasonable one. Clearly this one was not versed in the common tongue as well as him, but it certainly didn't limit communication between the two of them. Perhaps after all of this there was hope for a decent friendship. Letting the beserker introduce himself in a bellow, Zane walked forward until they were 20 meters apart, and cleared his throat to introduce himself.

"My name is Zane Shadowcast, and I certainly will train you, but be warned I am not just any 'warrior'." he spoke, calmly drawing Shadow's Bane out of it's sheathe, "But you will find that out soon enough."

(Traditionally the trainee makes the first attack, I wish you good luck :) )

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:05 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

(Edited to correct Special - said Sheild Bash instead of Shield Smash. Nothing else changed.)
The orc grinned as he saw the dark one step forward. "My name is Zane Shadowcast, and I certainly will train you, but be warned I am not just any 'warrior'." He saw the combatant draw a blade - a finely crafted dagger. "But you will find that out soon enough."

A hearthy laugh escaped the berserker's throat, and as he cracked his knuckles, he said, "Me see you not simple dark elf man," he grinned, "For warrior only of fine class get fine weapons!" At this he drew his own blade, the steel of the Spatha glinting in the high noon sun. He cracked his neck, and began to advance slowly, then more quickly.

As he advanced, he did not telegraph his intentions - his blade was held back as if he were to attack with it, sheild ahead of him as though to block an incoming attack, and he was soon at a run, closing the last twenty metres to attack, yet as he drew close he turned himself around in a 360-degree spin, throwing the buckler at the drow's head - a risky move, though it would pay off if successful. Many a rouge...or mage? Warlock? Shaman? He did not know, yet they could not concentrate well with a steel bash to the skull! [Sheild Smash]

---
Sheild Smash used, 3x Remaining

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:05 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"Me see you not simple dark elf man," he grinned, "For warrior only of fine class get fine weapons!"

Perhaps I was wrong about him being intelligent...

Watching Moonhowl roar and crack his neck, the Orc was soon on the move, decreasing the distance with every step he took. Letting a smile overtake his own face, Zane readied his leg muscles as always, flexing them while he felt the adrenaline pulse through his veins. It was showtime. The spatha that had been drawn could pose a mild threat to the warlock, the buckler set in front to deflect any random blows to be thrown at him. All of a sudden however, the berserker decided it was time to make a change of plans and spun 360 degrees to throw the shield at the drow's face. It was a rather unpredictable and clever attack to say the least, one that Zane had used himself multiple as a rogue. Unfortunately for the trainee, Zane was practically supernatural.

Eyes locking onto the sudden change in attack pattern, he watched carefully before bolting over to his right. As the disk was about to be released Zane had gained enough traction to move a good stride away from where he had been, the shield harmless passing through the air where he was. With that quick jolt an old wound had been reawakened, a surge of pain zapping him through his core. Clenching his fist as he looked down at his broken rib, he watched shadows dissipate away from the magically sealed bone from before. Madyrn had given him a temporary reprieve as he had been teleported, but apparently that magical bond wasn't enough. (Speed Demon and Symbol of the Shadows)

Looking straight at Moonhowl, Zane put his hand underneath the cloak and pulled it out to find a light smattering of blood over his palm. Raising the bloody palm and letting it face towards his foe, the warlock called upon the shadow weave to do his bidding. A ripple of shadows went forth, summoning five sharp shards to float in the air in front of him. Forming them to be 6 inches long each, he magically propelled them towards the berserker without hesitation. It would end rather messy if them made contact. (Shadow Shards 2x left)

"Is that all you can muster?" mocked Zane, returning to a casual stance.

(Sorry for the lack of length and delay. I believe I'm getting sick. Also, I do not have any specific complaints about the last post. If you want to add more depth to your character during your posts, feel free to do so. Oh and one last thing, I had a broken rib last battle, but you don't need to transfer injuries between fights. It's just something I like to RP. )

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:44 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

(It's perfectly alright - school keeps me VERY busy. Also, I think I didn't word my special right - it was a sheild bash. Luckily it looks like it works, all in all.)

"Is that all you can muster?"

The orc stood in amazement for a breif second as he was thrown somewhat off-balance from tossing his sheild around, before he stumbled forward...just luckily, it seemed. As the elf's magic blades slashed through the air where he had just been, only a bit of one managed to make an injury - simply a cut on his arm.

Hmm...elf is dark shaman...

Moonhowl caught himself and appeared for a second to look very...not deadly. As the clever wolf hunts his prey, though, it was nothing like it seemed. In fact, he had a bit of strategy left in his dulled mind.

"Me...see you magic man, elf. Clever magic man."

He loosened the grip on his Spatha, just a little. "Maybe...it time to give up.

A grin crossed his face and he drew his arm back with a suddenly harder grip on the berserker's blade, aiming for the Drow's midsection, having seen some sort of injury to the elf - something more that could help him smash.

"Or maybe it time for you to die!"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:32 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(Sorry for the wait, DI broke down? By the way, I would like to see that rage skill used. As I'm the trainer I'm sure it would be allowed if I asked of it, plus I want to make sure you use it right before passing you. Once you do that you're free to go.)

The shards had taken hold of the orc at the correct time, leaving a cut along his arm. Watching the magical projectiles slowly shatter against the ground, Zane closed his open hand and looked back down at his chest. The blood had stained the bottom of his cloak, leaving an obvious red trail that lead from his rib cage to his left hip. The slight singe still lingered inside Zane's chest, only being slightly distracted by Moonhowl's response.

"Me...see you magic man, elf. Clever magic man."

In all honesty Moonhowl was a decent actor, his disposition making honesty seem possible, even though it was a bit overkill based on the situation. The orc was playing the part of a defeated warrior, giving himself up to death because there was no hope. The berserker loosened his grip on his spatha slightly, the entire ruse about to come to it's climax.

"Maybe...it time to give up.

Zane was about ready to laugh when he saw a grin come across Moonhowl's face; a huge toothy smile that could strike fear just as much as entertain. The grip on the weapon increased quickly, the swing of the blade not too far behind. It was a blow aimed for the dark elf's midsection.
"Or maybe it time for you to die!"

Zane stared at the blade as it headed straight for his previously wounded area, the metal spatha hungry for his blood. The warlock was completely calm however, as he knew he could not die. Master of Shadows was not a title given to the many who had fallen before him. Surely he would die eventually, but not today. He had far too much to do still.

Calling the ancient shadow spirits from his past, his eyes flashed blood red, shining like rubies in the hot desert sun. Tasting the closeness of the shadow weave, Zane pulled himself into it, disappearing from reality for a short blip of time. Walking amongst the darkness, he focused on his destination, teleporting five strides to the left of Moonhowl. Upon re-entering reality his eyes were fixated on his opponent, throwing his dagger as an attempt to deal some more minor damage. The dagger had been aimed at the berserker's chest, a direct hit causing almost lethal damage. There was still an option worse than that though. (Shadow Disappation 1x left)

Shadow's Bane was still cursed, an agonizing trip to hell being more damaging than any dagger by itself. The mental anguish that could be delivered in such a small weapon was amazing, yet terrifying in the same respect. The years of relentless torment had ended for him, only to realize his true calling. He was to be a demi-god and perhaps immortal if the other gods let him. Zane would wait and see what the future brought for him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:14 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

(As per Hiro's request and our own busy schedules - I'll be using my rage special to hopefully end training and pass.)

Just as his blow was to land, to cut open the shadow mage...he was gone? Moonhowl's brow furrowed in rage and in confusion. The last he'd seen of the mage was his eyes flashing like rubies in a pitch black mine - treasure that was priceless, yet ever so dangerous...

He felt some chill in his spine as he knew of the magic around him, the shadowy realm more than unknown to him yet still, one could not help to feel magic in front of this...this elite warrior. "Come out, shadow..."

His eyes snapped open as he felt something in the side of his eyes move, as if the shadows were moving - not something he'd see in the dark alleys of the cities, but in the high desert...something more was afoot. Too much was going on in Moonhowl's mind.

His arm flashed to deflect the shadowy dagger - but it was not fast enough. It pierced not his chest, but the arm of his sheild, just missing a spot for some MAJOR damage. The torment of the cold steel was something knowing to him.

---
"GET UP, SCUM!" He stood to be smacked down again by the icy steel whip. "AGAIN!" Pain and torment. His everyday life.
---
Moonhowl looked to the blade...it was subsiding. His eyes were alight with fury. [Alpha Wolf - Rage Special] He grabbed the steel blade and threw it to the right as far as he could possibly throw it. He regripped his Spatha, and looked dead straight into the eyes of the elf. "You. Feel fear." He was off suddenly, closing the five paces in a near heartbeat, his blade already back to trying to chop up that damaged midsection of the elf. "ME WILL LEAVE SCARS!!!"
---
[Alpha Wolf - Rage Special] Used, 3 Posts of Rage, 1x Remaining

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:21 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Very good use of the skill, and with that I believe I will pass you. Usually I would like to train people for a couple more posts, but there is no real reason to hold you here anymore. Just remember to be fair and try describing everything that you can if you want more length.

In summary: Pass.

Hope you don't go smashing yourself into oblivion.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:54 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Awesome! Thanks a ton. I had a ton of fun with the battle. Hope to see you on the battlefield one day in real combat!