A place where passage is more than a rite
or right, or wrong.
But a ritual.
A place that regenerates and revives.

The beautiful plains
Scarred with sword
spell and song.
But is born anew each morning.
A land that brings warriors together once more.

----------------------------

Haugaeldr.

A name that is not married in legend, part of myth or even something that most people would know about. A blade that was forged, but never used. A weapon that was never given the chance to be drawn or draw the blood of its foes. A sword that was forever naked, never given a chance to work the power that lay within. Given the chance, it would willingly serve its master - if only its master would respond.

A sword that called out - over the wind in a voice that only the chosen would hear. Drawing from its primal power of fire, it called to those who would serve nature and live at harmony with the world. Drawing from the strength of adamantium, it whispered promises of a blade that would not be broken - a unique blade that was the only one of its kind from home. Drawing from the sorrow of exile - it called its maker home.

Finally, the sword had appeared after being cast out for decades. The blade was shrouded in the earth, leaving the hilt upward in the position of challenge. Those who would hear the call and approach the weapon would be locked in combat for its mastery. Haugaeldr wanted to be home - it would call, and they would answer. The power that would be wielded would not be denied.

Argis was a willing participant in this showdown. The sun was finally coming up over the horizon of the plains, adding a red and orange hue to the shades of the sky. The wind had calmed, giving a sense of destiny to the event. Grasses, which would normally be swaying in the wind, stood tall, as if at attention for the warriors that would soon arrive. The fabled sword stood in the ground, hilt and pommel visible above the ground, its heat radiating outward and gently pushing the grasses back, making a ring around where the remainder of the visible weapon could be seen.

It had been waiting for years - a while longer would not matter.

Post subject: Re: Calling Out
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:44 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Boreas paused, cocking his head slightly to one side to listen to the wind breeze past his ear, ruffling his brown hair in a light caress. Something was there, within the breeze, calling out in a voice that only a few could hear. In fact, the more that Boreas listened to it the more he realised that it wasn’t really a voice, but was more like the sound of a powerful purpose without a consciousness behind it.

And it wasn’t a call that this young man was used to. Many times over the past few months the voices of spirits had travelled throughout the wind, calling out in desperation to the kindred that they could trust. And many times Boreas had travelled throughout this land, seeking the source of these voices and using every skill he had learned to save the spirits in trouble. The trails he’d faced had been difficult, but they had also helped him mature and strengthened his resolve.

There was a difference here, one that was hard to put a finger on. Boreas’ mind struggled to understand this vague difference, and he often wished that someone else could hear these voices and could offer some slim thread of guidance. Eventually his mind identified the slight difference, and the understanding brought with it a sense of unease.

The voices of his kindred became one with the wind when they travelled, and the wind itself leant its strength to help the message travel as far as it was needed. This voice, or purpose, was travelling on the wind, dominating its free spirit and forcing it to deliver the words of its ‘Will’. It was not one of the spirits, but rather something else that was strangely similar yet different at the same time.

Startled, the duellist finally focused his attention on the message itself. Understanding flooded into his mind as he listened to the meaning behind the purpose. The speaker was a being that had once been kindred but was now something else. Something..... man-made...... and as most man-made things it was made for a purpose.

Yet that purpose had been ignored for a very long time, and the power held within the object had been too strong to sit by idly. It had grown, developing a ‘Will’ that allowed it to use its own powers to help it fulfil its purpose, yet it still couldn’t reach its goal alone. It was built to be used, and its primal side, that which remained from the kindred it had once been, yearned for a soul similar to what its own was like to be the user.

The understanding shocked the duellist for several moments before waves of emotions flooded his mind. The unease had grown stronger, as he knew not how much of this kindred remained in this ‘thing’. Yet his compassion rose against this, reasoning that he owed what remained of this kindred the right to choose its owner. A sense of indecision hung over the swirling tides of emotion as they fought against each other until the compassion proved stronger, and the indecision was replaced with a new resolve.

The purpose on the wind had somehow sensed his internal struggle, and it had remained silent until the resolve ran strong. Then it spoke once more, in its wordless voice, offering a way to travel all that endless distance between the two. All Boreas had to do was let it. The duellist looked around once more, patting himself down to ensure all his possessions were in place. Satisfied that he was ready, Boreas nodded his head once and let the power behind the purpose wrap around him.

Several indescribable sensations followed the acceptance, yet before his mind could come to grips with what was happened the sensations faded and he found himself standing in a place he hadn’t visited for ages. The Argis was a sight that was very familiar with most people, yet today it was strangely different.

At first he couldn’t pick out the source of this difference, but eventually his mind caught up with his surroundings. The bellowing winds that always graced these plains were quieted, and a sense of unnatural calm had settled upon the land. The source of these differences was easy to identify, as the powerful purpose hung over this land like an omnipresence that watched every single scrap of motion. And it all seemed to be tied to a single point that quickly drew the duellist’s eyes.

A red ruby with a fire burning deep within its depths stood out as a blazing contrast against the deep green of the tall grass, and it appeared to be set in its own little pillar of gold. Boreas’ eyes travelled down the elegant golden pillar until they rested upon the guards of the hilt, and realisation struck the duellist and re-awoke his unease. The source of all this power was a sword, and swords were only crafted for one purpose.... too destroy.

Suddenly the duellist sensed motion nearby, and he realised with unnatural insight that he was not the only being this... sword... had called to it. Its purpose was torn, as if each different part of it had been assembled by pieces so powerful that they each had their own ‘Will’, and each of these ‘Wills’ were calling their champions to fight out the final battle for control over the true purpose of the sword.

It was strange, it was disturbing, it was fascinating, but it was also trouble. The duellist realised this, and realised that whoever else was called would be almost as dangerous as this sword...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:57 am 

“Come to me Warrior,”

For the third night in a row Josh awoke to the same haunting voice, calling him, beckoning him, a soft voice, seemingly innocent with more than a drop of desperation in its tone. The urgency clearly growing with each night.

“What in the worlds do you want!!!” Josh wasn't one for yelling, even in battle he was well known to keep an even tone when talking to even the most sinful opponent, but after three nights of broken sleep from constant mind whispers, he'd had enough. At least his mistress Kirstaline was considerate enough to simply take him during his dreams, and converse with him WHILE he slept, so he awoke after a restful sleep.

“You...” Josh had been simply venting his frustrations into the night air, he hadn't expected a reply at all, let alone such an obsession ridden voice. “Come to me Warrior, I can give you anything you might desire.” Josh was disturbed and entity capable of projecting its mind over a distance, invariable had power, and if it wanted him, it probably had the power to take him. A faint wind picked up, it blew through his makeshift campsite, ruffling the treated leather which he'd hung in the trees to keep off the rain. The breeze smelled sweet, like someone was burning insence nearby, though Josh knew no one was anywhere near him, he'd picked this spot because it was remote, in a part of the woods that showed no evidence of any human ever having been near it.

“I have everything I need, I have food, and water. I have my health and a warm home awaiting my return, and my mistress watching over me wherever I might go, providing for me where I need. What else could I possibly need? What could you provide for me?”

Seeing he wasn't going to get anymore sleep, and that the sun was beginning to rise anyway, Josh had risen from his bed, taken his kit from one of his bags and was tending to his weapons, sharpening and polishing Josephine, tending to her lovingly, carefully removing all the nicks and scratches that were accrued with every fight, every training. She was a beautiful weapon, elogant in every way, but she required tending, like all weapons. Still it was eerie sound, the friction between metal and a course sharpening stone, grinding out into the early morning, rousing several birds from their slumber, their annoyed chirps ringing down on Josh's head.

“How about an eternal blade? A blade that never wore, never nicked, or never dulled. You would no longer need to slave over the blade like this.”

His hands paused mid stroke down the blade, “Only a god may bestow such a blade, I now the feel of a God, and whoever you are, you do not have that same feel. Who are you, and what blade would you give me?”

“Prove your worth. Fight for me” With that final divinitive statement Josh's world winked out.

The Plains of Argis, it was one of the most well known places in this world, even though he'd never been here Josh knew exactly where he was, he also knew time had pasted from when he'd been pulled from his campsite, it wasn't early morning anymore that was for sure. The golden grass stood still on his arrival, the winds the plain was famous for were not present today, instead, power radiated from the centre of the field, pushing the grass outwards, before it returned to its stillness, then again and again. It was evident something of power was in the centre of the field, it was evident that was why he was here, and he certainly wasn't alone.

“Fight for me, fight for the right to hold me within your grasp.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:57 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Boreas’ dark green eyes swept across the seas of still grass, drawn towards the only other stranger present to witness this dead calm in a normally windswept region. Boreas’ eyes widened slightly in surprise as his eyes settled on this stranger, for here was a figure that he could recognise.

The warrior standing before him was only slightly older then the duellist himself and was clad in a tattered grey cloak wrapped around clothes of green and brown. He held himself high; his spine stiffened by the confidence that grew from coming out on top of years of harsh conflict. His eyes flashed in the sunlight, their golden colour almost reflecting the rays of light back at the sun. He carried a small armada of unique weapons on his back, the most eye-catching being the weapon that was a strange cross between a halberd and nun-chucks.

It was fitting that a warrior of Josh’s stature would be called by such a blade, yet Boreas’ was a little disturbed by the idea of this powerful weapon being in the guardian’s hands. Many of the rumours that had been spread about this lone warrior describe him as unstable and something of a zealot, rushing off around the world to punish those poor souls who his goddess deemed unworthy. Who knew what havoc this warrior could wreck with a blade of this power?

And Boreas wondered just which part of the blade had called him. A weapon with a will was a dangerous thing, especially in the hands of something who liked to punish people. Therefore, the only safe thing to do here was to ensure that the will that became dominate in this weapon was that of his kin, a spirit of nature who had no wish to harm people. And to do that, Boreas would have to clash skills with one of the legends of DI.

Still, Boreas was not one to over think things. In fact, he barely thought his way through any of his actions, relying on his instincts to lead him well. Perhaps it was something to do with his unnatural heritage, or maybe it was because his mind was simple and almost incapable of deep, swift thoughts. Whatever the reason, Boreas trusted his instincts, and so he listened to them now when they said that he must start this conflict before his foe became aware of his presence.

It was simple, really. Boreas didn’t even have to think as his left hand dipped under his loose shirt, silently reaching for one of his double edged knives. The knife leaped to his hand, responding to the magnetic pull of Boreas’ unnatural heritage. Boreas stood almost motionless as he wiped his hand out, flinging the knife towards his new foe with a flick of his hand. The motion caused the blade to spin as it flew, turning the knife into a rotating disk of sharp edges just yearning to bite into his foe’s flesh.

His aim was true, and the blade flew on a slightly curved path towards his foe’s chest. A slight buzzing noise could just be heard in the silence of the plains, caused by the swiftly rotating blades slicing hungrily though the air. Boreas waited several seconds to give his knife time to strike or miss his foe, before drawing his trusty old rapier and turning to face this so called guardian.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:08 pm 

Who hadn't heard of the plains of Argis, it was the place were mighty powers clashed, where the titan's of the land came to do battle. These wide open plains left every type of warrior on an even playing field, classes of stealth could hide within the tall stalks, which often grew to heights that would make a dwarf almost disappear amongst them, yet one could also move freely amongst them, as the moved out of the way with the softest touch, leaving agility fighters plenty of room to manoeuvre, and your sturdy pure warrior types? They simply ignored the grass and cut a swath straight through it. And the grass grew at an unnatural rate, after one fight the place would grow again, always completely healed before the next set of fighters came along. Of course there were a few exceptions, in one part of the fields, though not this part, great furrows were dug into the ground where two great powers of such power had collided that they had permanently scarred this beautiful place in a way it would never recover from, leaving one area where no grass grew, no matter what power this place itself held.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Buzzing, like a bee, but far more dangerous, once again Josh found himself dreading the apparent lose of his Ki sight. For the last few months he had been unable to summon the waves of Ki required for the skill. He didn't know why he simply knew that he couldn't, ever since he'd learnt the skill it had always come naturally to him, often he would subconsiously activate it without realising as he went into battle, now he couldn't summon even the weakest wave no matter how he tried, and it was irritating have to constantly look around him for danger, rather than having all things blatantly obvious.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ, Josh spun towards the sound his eyes went wide for moment as he brain recognised the object spinning towards him, instinctively Joshua, the bearer and deliverer of Kirstaline's will crossed his arms in front of him to ward off the incoming projectile. A loud chink of steel on steel rang out as the thrown knife collided with his metal gauntlets and bounced over his shoulder, but not without the tip grazing his cheek, leaving a crimson line in its path.

“One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six,...” Breathing in deeply and counting under his breath Josh retained his calm, it wouldn't do to unleash his rage against an opponent he hadn't spotted yet, let alone knew the skills of. Breathing out at nine Josh was once again calm, annoyed... okay really annoyed, but calm, “I'm going to assume you know who I am...” Josh called out, turning toward the direction of the attack, “Someone who attacks from a distance, without warning is either a common murderer, or they know their opponent, enough to know they don't want to be close, not without wounding them first.” Reaching back Josh removed Jasmine from his back, her blades, which he carefully and lovingly cared for everyday gleamed in the sun's light. This soon after a cleaning, every piece of metal carried on his person had a mirror like finish, from Jasmine to his gauntlets, each was so carefully polished and clean that if you didn't know better you'd almost say they shone with their own light. It was a lot of extra work, far more than was needed to keep his equipment in working condition, everything was designed so that he would stand out in the crowd.

He strode forward, Jasmine swung casually from side to side before him, her blade so keen that the densely stacked stalks of grass in her path showed no resistance as she simply passed through them, the tops fell slowly to the ground where ironically, in there death they would spread more seeds and even more grass would grow. His eye's continued to bore into Boreas' but his eye technique seemed to be failing him, his soon to be defeated opponents past was stunted in his eyes. Josh could see no memories beyond the killing of his family as a child, and nothing before that was really noteworthy of punishment. Sure there were your usual childish sins that every child committed, and this gave the Disciple of Kirstaline a base line of boosted strength, though slightly less than normal. No, Josh would have to find another reason for fighting this man, though the fact that he attacked him unprovoked was always a good enough excuse. Only two sounds could be heard in the clearing, the sound of Josh's footsteps, and the sound of Jasmines mighty blade sweeping through the tall sun browned grass, all other things capable of making sounds had either fled for the lives or hidden deep underground from the moment Boreas had attacked. Even the prize both warriors sought had gone silent, the periodic pulses it sent out stilling, as if in anticipation of the bloodbath about to occur. Perhaps that was the reason that the winds had ceased here for today, The North Wind himself knew that his kin was in danger, and knowing he could do nothing to help refused to even bear witness to the event, pulling his mighty and gentle winds from the area, perhaps he could sense, that this place, the plains of Argis, would become his son's resting place, his body still young, his quest uncompleted, and if that was the case, the winds would likely never blow here again.

“You block my path,” One line, stated in such a voice that conveyed zero emotion, and one meaning that was blatantly obvious. Leave this place or perish

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:21 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

“Your Path?” Bores said with a slight snicker. He was amused, firstly because Josh had to count under his breath to control what was obviously an easily sparked temper and secondly because of the little ultimatum Josh delivered to the duellist. It was useless, for someone who would deliver the opening move in a fight was obviously not one to turn away from it just because of some harsh words. His throwing knife hadn’t been a cheap move to take advantage of the situation; it had been a declaration of his commitment to this fight.

And Boreas just had to commit. He could still hear the weak call of that lonely purpose echoing in the back of his mind, reminding him that this weapon of destruction had been forged from the spirit of his kin and stirring many powerful emotions within him. If he had a temper like Josh’s, he would be ragging about by now, smashing rocks and people and anything else that was unlucky enough to be in his way. Fortunately, he didn’t, and all the emotions that swirled inside him solidified into a single purpose, one that matched that of his deceased kin.

Boreas watched his foe walk closer, his sharp eyes measuring the length of that halberd that the warrior held so effortlessly out in front of him. The muscles on Josh’s arm that held the large weapon were hardened, yet not overly large, so something was obviously wrong with the physics of the weapon itself. It appeared to be almost weightless, and could prove very troublesome in the upcoming fight.

Boreas smiled at that thought. He hadn’t been truly challenged for a while, and he had been afraid that he might lose some of his hard earned skills. Training endlessly could only take a fighter so far, to truly grow one had to test themself again and again in the harsh metal of combat. Boreas’ body bore the outcomes of many such tests, taking the form of the many scars and burns that spread from his legs all the way to his face.

What the outcome of this fight would be was yet to be seen, for the strange warrior before him seemed hesitate to commit himself. He was walking almost casually towards Boreas, his strange golden eyes staring intently at the slight obstacle that blocked his path. His face was controlled, hiding the emotions that could’ve told Boreas what Josh truly thought of him, and if he took the duellist’s presence as a true threat.

Still, Boreas wasn’t in a hurry to find out. He draw his rapier calmly and ran his fingers along the blade, searching for any nicks that he might have overlooked last time he sharpened it. Finding none, he let the tip of the blade drop low before sighing. It appeared on the outside that he wasn’t taken this fight seriously, but what Boreas was really doing was testing that temper he had caught a glimpse of just before. He was sure he could use it against this strange warrior, or at least the very least have a little fun with it.

“It looks like you already got a plenty good weapon there, while all I have is this old battered rapier. So I would say it is only fitting that this is my path, and the weapon is mine.”

His words were unlike those normally spoken by the duellist, mainly because he had never tried to provoke someone’s temper before. Still, Boreas was always trying out new techniques in battle and he was interested to see if this latest one produced results.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:40 pm 

Boreas it seemed was amused, exactly at what Joshua wasn't entirely sure, oh he knew it was at him, but the exact reason behind that chuckle wasn't known. Then again he really didn't care, in this wide open plain it was obvious Boreas had no allies with him, just like it was obvious he himself was alone. So both could afford to ignore their surroundings and focus solely on the other person. Grey tunic, Grey pants, a hessian vest, and the edges of what seemed like a common green cape poking from behind his back, everything about his looked ordinary, felt ordinary, which of course meant that he was anything but. This warrior, though by his weapon Josh was beginning to think he was a duelist just like an old friend of his long since departed from the world, had started a fight with him, knowing who he was and without wearing any armor of his own. This person would probably be fast and skilled with that blade of his, there was no other reasoning that he wouldn't wear Armour, it was the same with himself. Josh himself didn't wear Armour, it weighed him down and slowed him, and he was confident both in his ability to defend himself and if needed weather whatever blow an opponent could dish out.

“Your Path?” That one comment brought them to an understanding, they would be fighting, Boreas had initiated a fight, and Josh had given him a chance to back down. Boreas had cast that chance aside, now he would pay the price.

[Rejection]

There is energy within us, the energy is both Yin and Yang, positive and negative energy, Josh was a skillful martial artist, who had used his ability to sense and manipulate these energies into Ki abilities. He was also one of the few that could perform the difficult task of separating these energies. Separating these energies creates an imbalance, with both types of energy striving to reconnect with the other in order to restore balance. In the moment the positive and negative energies come crashing back together power is created, one which Josh guides out of his body to push away anything within its range. The longer these energies are held separate the larger and stronger the force. Unfortunately the act of holding these energies separate prevents Josh from manipulating his Ki normally, severely reducing his options in combat while this is underway, it didn't matter, he wouldn't need it, Jasmine would be all he needed for the next part of the battle. He would show this upstart the difference in their strengths.

“It looks like you already got a plenty good weapon there, while all I have is this old battered rapier. So I would say it is only fitting that this is my path, and the weapon is mine.”

“Really? I'd think a weapon of this power a bit bold for someone who attacks as cowardly as you. Surely you'd prefer a dagger, one with the power to turn you invisible so you could simply stab someone without them knowing.” A cheap shot, a very cheap shot, but Josh would be damned if he'd walk away empty handed after going to the trouble of coming here in the first place. "I hope you know how to dodge, because I'll warn you know, I'm nothing like anything you've ever faced before, or ever will again, you're little sword cannot block my attacks.”

Jasmine was held in one hand, his right, about two thirds of the way down, his reach was far greater than Boreas' with this weapon, his power was far greater as well. His arm drew back, behind him as far as it would go, before Josh took a single step forward to bring Boreas into range and swung, putting the full strength of his dominant arm behind the blow. Jasmines great axe blade cut through the air cleanly, making only the faintest of sounds as the air around it flowed over her glistening surface. The attack was chest height, and aimed so that the centre of the curved blade would imbed itself into Boreas' left side, it wouldn't cut him in two, no that required far more force than Josh was using, but it would probably go halfway through at least. In Boreas' words, that 'battered' rapier wasn't a concern, in fact Josh would probably pay to watch Boreas try to blow an attack with this much force with such a thin blade, being a sideways strike, along the horizon josh could only hope there wasn't a way to redirect it, there was a lot of force behind that axe.
~~~
Rejection used and charging 0 uses left.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:15 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

“You’re right about one thing...” Boreas said as he watched his foe swiftly step towards him, starting his first offensive of the match. The huge, apparently weightless halberd swung along its wide, far reaching path with surprising grace, yet it was still a large weapon. The sheer size of the weapon meant one true hit would probably cripple the slim duellist, yet the size also meant its speed and mobility were limited to a range that Boreas could easily deal with.

It was a rather simple dodge. The blade of the halberd was yearning to bite into the upper region of his ribcage, and would most probably slice cleanly through his left arm to accomplish just this. All Boreas did to prevent such unfavourable events taking place was one simple yet graceful move. He started it by ducking down, below the halberd and taking a single diagonal step forward, under the halberd and slightly to the left. Then, continuing the flowing motion of his dodge, Boreas swiped out with his trusty old rapier in an attempt to slice into Josh’s soft flesh, just above the right side of his hip.

Finishing the flowing movements Boreas took one more diagonal step forward before standing up tall and twisting around to face his foe once more. He could now see the red flickering light of the brilliant ruby set upon the sword in his peripheral vision, yet he refused to give in to the temptation to glance at it. While he wasn’t afraid of this arrogant warrior standing before him, he still knew he would need to use every last strap of his concentration to win this battle. Plus, he wanted to watch the emotions on Josh’s face as he continued their conversation.

“... I have never faced an ego like yours before.” A cheeky grin flickered across the duellist’s face, masking the concentration that hide beneath the surface. “You are also slightly deluded if you think my opening move was cowardly. How many people throw a loud, buzzing object directly into the face of their foe when they had a chance to throw a silent and lethal knife into their back instead?”

That last comment was more to clear up a misunderstanding than to pick at his foes temper, for it hurt slightly to be called a coward when he was acting honourably, especially when honour was such a rarity in this dark and dangerous world. Still, he wasn’t bothered overly much by this foe’s comments. Many people saw slights and offensives where nothing really happened.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:17 am 

~~~Gonna be a shorter post mostly action, not much else going on in it~~~

Josh's attack came in hard and fast, cutting cleanly through the air, a blow almost unblockable by a weapon the size of Boreas' a rapier was a duellist weapon, and the way Boreas counter-attacked it became clearly obvious he was a duellist. Boreas stepping, under and across Josh's attack, it wasn't a difficult task to do, after all Josh had basically telegraphed the attack to his opponent. The massive, over exaggerated drawback of the weapon before the swing made it so obvious that the attack was coming anyone could have dodged it, and Boreas had evaded it easily, coming closer to Josh as he did so, like a good little duellist should, right into the trap Josh had waiting there for him. Josh had been fighting with Jasmine and Yalan for quite some time now, long enough that a lot of people had forgotten he was in fact a martial artist. Through hard work and perseverance he had broken through the stereotypical only using your body type of martial artist, making his weapons a part of his body, even to the point where the shared his Ki, But in the end he was still proud to be one of the few to master unarmed combat, Boreas would learn this fact right away, Josh didn't need a weapon to defeat him.

[Freed Mind]

Boreas' agile form ducked under Jasmine's blade, Josh's left hand moved to the base of his weapon's shaft, gripping it tightly, two hands on the weapon would greatly increase his control of it, but it still wouldn't be enough to bring the weapon to bear against whatever counter attack Boreas was enacting. Instead he released the weapon from his right hand, leaving it entirely in his left hand. Now as Boreas attacked Josh's side, Josh's right hand, clad in strong metal armour made it their first, batting the rapier to the side away fom his flesh using the full strength of his right arm, hopefully causing Boreas to over extend as his rapier was suddenly cutting air instead of flesh. During this time jasmine continued to spin, to the point where it went behind him, pulling his entire body into a counter clock wise spin, going with the motion, Josh used its force to bring his right hand forward from its defence, into a powerful counter attack of his own, a right straight, aimed directly at Boreas' chest, using his entire body weight and the force of the spin to drive the fist forward.

“Nor I one so equipped to use words to compensate for his short comings”

~~~~~

Rejection 2 post charge

Last edited by Khan Novaneau on Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:13 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

This martial artist was tricky, Boreas would give him that. He had obviously guessed what type of fighter Boreas was, and had used a basic attack to manoeuvre the duellist into a position that was potentially dangerous. His rapier was batter aside even as the massive halberd swung overhead, Josh using its apparent weightlessness to defy the lies of physics and hold the massive weapon in one hand. The other hand pulled back from its block before snapping forward, converting the swinging force of the halberd into a powerful forward strike.

While the move was brilliant, it was still risky. It limited the movement directly after the strike, running all its hopes on whether or not it would strike its target. Unfortunately, Boreas wasn’t one to be caught flat footed. His rapier was battered to his right, lending Josh’s momentum to Boreas. The duellist took this offer and let his body be twisted to the right until it was side on and facing the same way as Josh. Now, unfortunately, Boreas side was in danger of being pummelled by that metal clad fist.

To deal with this Boreas simply jumped backwards, narrowly avoiding the dangerous fist while his free left hand reached towards his belt. A tingle ran through Boreas hand and up his arm as another one of his double ended throwing knives literally lepted into his waiting hand (Magic Fingers). Without pausing to think, Boreas’ left hand snapped towards Josh and, with a flick of the wrist, the knife was sent spinning out of his hand even as he was still in midair. (Dive Bomb used)

Those sharp, rotating edges of Boreas’ throwing knife would shred easily through the Martial Artist’s clothes along with, hopefully, the soft flesh of his side. The extra reach of this rotating knife would make dodging at these close quarters extremely difficult, especially with Joshua so committed to his last move.

The wind was knocked out of Boreas as his back hit the grassy floor, safely out of harm’s way. However the duellist didn’t let this stop him from lifting his legs up, tightening his abs like a spring before unleashing them and springing up to a standing position. He raised his rapier and spread his legs, standing in a ready position as he looked on to see how Josh was faring with his little counter attack.

“You think my taunting is good?” Boreas asked in pleased surprise before letting out a little laugh. He was starting to enjoy this banter, especially with how serious Josh seemed to be taking himself. “Nice. This is my first attempt at such things.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dive Bomb used, 1x use left

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:30 pm 

Evade and cut the enemy, evade and cut the enemy, it was a duellist's play book. An enemy makes an attack, you redirect it, or evade and in the process attempt to strike the enemy, a duellist didn't care about the one hit finish, cut the opponent a hundreds times and let him bleed out was enoguh for them. Somewhat Josh's opposite, while Josh dodged and blocked blows all the time, if he felt the need to take an opponents attack with his own body in order to return a mighty blow he would. Sacrifice his flesh to rend their bones, was a more than happy exchange for him. So when Boreas leapt backwards, a manoeuvre Josh wasn't entire sure how he did, after all, Boreas' had just been attack forwards, to suddenly change your motion from forward to backwards in a moment wasn't an easy tack, and it was certainly a painful one, telling your muscles to suddenly do the opposite to what they were doing was painful. But while Boreas was defying physics, Josh was moving onto his next attack.

[Rejection release]

As soon as Boreas leapt backwards and thus avoided Josh's attack, Josh snapped his head to his other shoulder so he could observe the duellist even as he turned. Another knife as if by magic appeared in his opponent's hand and was just as quickly thrown in Josh's direction, he only caught a glimpse of the steel in the light as it spun, but that was both warning and signal enough for his next manoeuvre. The energy he'd been sperating and storing up until now he release and allowed to crash back together, and he gave guidance for this energy to be released, from the most unlikely of places, his feet. Released in a cone and angled upwards, Boreas' throwing knife never stood a chance, it was pushed out of its original path, and out of harm's way much like a man batted a fly from a meal. This ability to blast energy, after charging, that in itself couldn't harm a person had complexed Josh as to a use for it. Being able to release a strong defensive blast was all well and good, but only if you know your opponent was going to release an attack during the charging period. So it had limitations as a defensive move. As an offensive move it did absolutely no damage to any person it hit, and thus was almost useless. So Josh used it for both proposes at once and neither purpose, the grass he had been cutting and the dirt beneath it as well as a few stones were easily dislodged in the blast, thrown in Boreas' direction as a distracting potentially blinding cloud all while defending from an attack. Giving Josh the perfect cover for the real move.

[Ki controls]

Ki rippled down his staff as he finished the spin, catches, hooks and levers within Jasmines great shaft opened at once, and the mighty chains the held the three pieces together were released. Creating a wide destructive arc, increasing Jasmine's range to compensate for boreas' leap backwards, timed to arrive just as Boreas was regaining his feet. He'd avoided the mighty axe head once, could he do it again now it was a unchained serpent.

~~~~~~~~
Rejection used

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:41 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

A wave of wind broke the stillness of the plains as it burst forth from one of the most unlikely sources, Joshua’s feet. It surged upwards, deflecting Boreas’ second knife harmlessly out of the way. Not only that, but this strange wind technique blew up a storm of debris, obscuring the martial artists as he tried to pull yet another fancy trick with that overgrown axe of his.

Not wanting to be impaled on the biting halberd, Boreas stepped back to what he thought would be a safe distance, judging by the length of the pole arm and the position of the Martial Artists. Unfortunately, Josh had a trick up his sleeve that broke the already unrealistic halberd into some weird, nun-chuck like weapon.

Boreas realised something was wrong as soon as he heard the odd clinking of little hooks and catches releasing and saw the extended halberd swinging towards his eye. Wanting to keep his head in one piece, Boreas leaned backwards and watched the polished steel of the axe head pass mere centre meters above his nose.

Snapping back from that close miss, Boreas stepped forward in a single smooth motion. Taking advantage of the position of the halberd, the duellist flicked his rapier out in two flowing movements (Slashing Flurry). Boreas had practiced long and hard at his technique with a rapier, and one of the results was the ability to flow one move into another, attacking twice before his foe had a chance to interrupt. The first slash was diagonally upwards, going from his left to right and slicing along the chest. The second was horizontal, slicing right to left along the martial artist’s face in a move that would really strike a nerve.

Stepping backwards before that chain halberd could be brought against him, Boreas hoped that this time he was really out of harm’s way.

“Around and around the warrior goes” Boreas said tauntingly, “Where he stops, no one knows.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Swiping Flurry used, 1x use left

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:10 am 

“I have entrusted Jasmine to you,” It was the beginning of one of his first meetings with his mistress. “She is without equal in this land, and yet she is of this land. She bears no powers of her own, and yet she is likely the most powerful weapon you will ever hold."

“I don't understand? This weapon is light, this I am well aware of, and I am close to learning to unlock the releases hidden within her, but what makes her the most powerful weapon I'll own? Surely more powerful a weapon exists, I've heard rumours of blades sheathed within eternal flame, or that may cleave through even solid steel, am I to believe that a weapon without such a power is more powerful?”

“If you wish to talk in terms of sheer power then no she isn't, but a fire blade burns, a cleaving blade cleaves. They are limited, Jasmine is not, she is without form or set shape, she is not restricted to a set style of attacking or defending. She is as strong as the person holding her, are you strong?”

“Yes”

“Are you stronger than anyone who would hold a weapon against you.”

“Yes”

“Then Jasmine is the strongest weapon in the world.”

“Jasmine is the strongest weapon in the world, because I an the strongest in the land”

[Ki Controls]

Ki flowed down Jasmine and through her chains and all of her chains twisted, her axe head twisted in the air, angling perpendicular to the ground, air resistance suddenly multiplied, slowing the swinging blade to a near stop, from there gravity took over and Jasmine drop to the ground like a stone, but it was only there for a moment. Josh blocked Borea's first attack easily with his right Guantlet, he'd never been one to endorse heavy armour, but these metal gauntlets had been a dream since he'd acquired them, saving his skin many a time from bladed attacks he couldn't ordinarily block with his bare hand.

Boreas' rapier slid across his the metal showering sparks into the air, flaring brightly before sizzling into non existence. The blade looped around for another strike and Josh leap backwards, flicking his left arm across his body as he did so, his lightning reflexes saving his from losing an eye to the second attack, [Free Mind]. Jasmine lift of the ground, called by Josh's pull, the energy from the flick lifting her off the ground and pulling her back towards Josh, her rear blade led first, carefully guided by his Ki to remain level, aiming to collect a piece of Boreas' ankle as it returned to its master.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:47 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

With a slap and a jump, the martial artist evaded Boreas’ latest attacks. A smile spread across the duellist’s face as he stepped backwards once, realising that he had finally met someone who excelled at close range combat. And even though that person wielded such an unreal weapon, Boreas was starting to enjoy himself. The chance to pit his skills against such a foe was exhilarating, and the fact that he was underarmed was making it all the more exciting.

Watching that darn halberd out of the corner of his eye, Boreas realised that Josh had started his next attack much sooner than expected. The rear blade was now slicing through the air, travelling on a path that just happened to contain his vulnerable ankles. Watching the move closely, Boreas was struck by a sudden inspiration for a dangerous move that might just break through his foe’s iron guard.

Boreas jumped forward and too his left, leaping easily over the limp instrument. Continuing his forward motion, Boreas stepped down on the other side of the halberd, stepping further enough to the left to avoid the sharp blade of the axe head, and stabbed forward with his rapier, aiming to pierce his foe’s flesh below the ribs.

Josh’s left arm was stretched across his body, so it would be difficult to use that pesky gauntlet on his free right hand to block the move. Finishing the strike, Boreas stepped swiftly away from his foe’s left side, turning as he went so that he remained facing Josh. Rapier held low, Boreas got ready for the next exciting move in this fast paced fight, continuing the monologue as he waited.

"You're also one of the modest warriors in this land, that's for sure"