It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The forgetful town (vs leboyX)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:00 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Musalis would have frowned, had she been capable thereof. She didn't quite remember how she had gotten to where she was now. She was standing in the middle of a road. Nearby were small wooden houses, an inn, a blacksmith, and a market square could be seen at the end of the road. So she was probably in a town. So far, so good. The weather was excellent, with a bright blue sky and only a few white clouds in sight. But that still didn't explain how she had gotten there.

"Cindy? How exactly did I get here?", Musalis asked.

"Well, you walked out of the inn, and before that... I... don't remember.", her bible answered, "Strange. I always thought I had a very good memory. After all, knowledge stored in books doesn't just disappear. Unless you pour ink on us, or set us on fire, or rip out some pages... though I guess if you rip out pages the knowledge is still preserved, it's just stored on the page which is outside a book instead of inside. But it could still be considered part of the book.."

"Yes, very good.", Musalis interrupted her overeager companion. While it was fun to listen to her ramble, she didn't have the time; she had to find out what had happened. The skeleton girl decided that going back to the inn was her best bet; if she'd come out of it, then surely they would remember her leaving, and could tell her more about what had caused the hole in her memory.

The door to the inn lead to a quite dirty common room, as if somebody had forgotten to clean it. There were a few chairs with mysterious stains, dust on the floor along with dried muddy footprints, and an old man behind a counter. Musalis ignored the filth, and walked instead up to the man.

"Hello.", she said, "I can't seem to remember, but apparently I left this inn. Maybe you could tell me how I got here?"

The man looked at her, and shook his head.

"Can't remember ever seeing you in my life.", he said, staring at her with his head cocked to the side, "Then again, my memory seems to be getting worse these days. Lots of things I can't remember. I try to leave myself notes, but then I always forget where I put them... at least that's what it said on this note I found."

Musalis excused herself, and left the inn. It would probably have been too easy if she found the solution that easily. Maybe... maybe she could try to remember. Her last memories could hold a clue as to what she was doing here and how she had gotten here. She focused on her memories. She remembered going into the inn, and before that... nothing. She searched her memories further back, and finally, she remembered...

The Past wrote:
Musalis was walking towards through some ill-kept fields towards a town. She was whistling to herself, some old tune whose words had been long lost. Soon, she reached a very weatherworn sign where the name of the town should have been; but constant pressure from the elements had made it unreadable. Musalis stopped.

"I think this should be a good place to do this...", she said to thin air, "Ahem. Dear future me. I am now venturing out into this town, where people apparently loose all there memories of the time they spend inside it. At least that's what the book I read claimed. I am quite certain that it is only silly superstition. But, in case the book is right, this message to myself. Uhmmm... yeah, I guess that's it."

Musalis slowly continued walking.

"Oh, and I almost forgot.", she siad to herself, "In case this works, I absolutely have to remember to..."

At that point the memory quickly grew fuzzy and Musalis didn't know what happened after it. It was frustrating, but it gave her a starting point. So, she was in this town to prove that it wouldn't erase her memories, but she had been proven wrong. So, since there was nothing else to do here, she should probably leave.

--

Musalis was walking down the street, trying to remember where she was headed. Then she saw a figure standing at the end of the road, with a wolf by his side. There was noone else on this road, and no other obvious buildings that could be her destination. Obviously, she had been on her way to meet him. Or fight him. Or... hug him? She really couldn't remember why she was walking towards him. Perhaps he could tell her.

Musalis walked towards the stranger, and as she got closer, she noticed that it wasn't a stranger at all - it was... the man whom she had fought in the tournament in the swamp, but who hadn't given her a name. So, maybe a stranger after all. Which made her even more confused as to why she was coming here to meet him. They didn't exactly know each other well, so it probably wasn't a meeting between friends. But they also didn't have any big issues between them, so why would they fight again? Maybe he had some sort of business proposition? Even worse, what if she had told him that she needed to meet him to discuss some business, and now she couldn't remember what she was going to offer him?

Post subject: Re: The forgetful town (vs leboyX)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:07 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

[Hope I'm not too rusty...]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With each passing step into the town, Jaedin felt less and less comfortable with where he was headed. Trouble was, he couldn't really put his finger on why he felt ill at ease. Aside from the the eerie silence that lay over the small town, nothing else recommended itself for Jaedin's concern. As he walked around the square's long-out-of-use-fountain - grey, stagnant water obscuring the wealth of copper coins littering its bottom - he mulled his thoughts over until he finally arrived at a question worth answering:

What am I doing here...?

Yet, as soon as the thought came, it felt out of place. Of course Jaedin knew why he'd come here! But...he didn't.

Frustrated, he turned idly down a street that ran west; away from the town square. Trinix came prancing back from some abandoned market street, no doubt having exhausted the secluded spot's supply of asphyxiatingly aromatic odours. Despite Jaedin's unease, his canine companion seemed oblivious to any lapses in memory. Or perhaps he didn't care - ignorance was bliss, after all.

The harder he thought, the more elusive the answers became; like trying to hold a fistful of oil, Jaedin couldn't keep a firm grasp on why he'd come here. So engrossed in his thoughts was he, Jaedin didn't realize he'd come to a full stop in the middle of another abandoned street. A whimper from Trinix roused Jaedin from his thoughts - the ninja knelt down to scratch the hound affectionately behind his ears while turning his head in the direction Trinix faced.

Approaching him at a cautious pace stood a small figure, clothed in a traveling cloak as remarkable as the town's "sparkling" demeanor. But there was something about her that sparked a flare of concrete recollection within his mind - for, indeed, he did remember that she was, well...a woman. For there could be no discerning of gender from the featureless face of a skeleton.

Jaedin's mind was all in knots. He couldn't put his finger on why she seemed so familiar. And if he did know her, the memory seemed so far away as to be no longer relevant. But one thing everyone in DI had in common and that his past experience had proven time and again? Nobody meant him anything but harm.

"Who are you," Jaedin called to the girl, "and what do you want with me?"

Despite his faulty memory, his eyes quickly darted to the buildings along the road - they provided suitable alleys for getting around without using the main road. Many of the building were one story and could easily be scaled. The hair on the back of his neck rose - something about all this didn't feel right. He could feel a fight just seconds away like watching a moth land on a hairpin-trigger. All that was left was to pull it...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:53 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Musalis was being put on the spot. Obviously, she had called this meeting, and not given any information at all to the stranger. And now she couldn't remember what she had been trying to meet him for, and he was demanding an answer. Maybe she could just... improvise. She was good at that, after all. Yes, improvisation was obviously the best course of action. Step one: stall for time so that she could use that time to think of step two.

"Stranger, know that I am Musalis.", she intoned, echoing her words from the tournament. Even though she couldn't for the unlife of her figure out when, why or how she had asked him to meet her, she did remember the tournament with reasonable clarity. And everything else, for that matter. Except for... except for how she had gotten to this town, or what she had done in it. Strange. But unfortunately she couldn't dwell on such mysteries, as she had a web of lies to spin to get her out of this situation.

"I have called you here - wherever here may be - to, uh, discuss a matter of great importance to us both, and that is the presence of... errrr... a necromancer in a nearby swamp. He must be stopped, but I cannot face him for he might control me. So it falls to you to do this. Good luck on your quest, and may Ochre guide your voice."

Musalis waved a dismissive bony hand, indicating that the stranger could leave. While perhaps not her best work, she was fairly pleased with the result, particularly given how little she'd had to work with. Now she would just have to wait and see if he bought her ridiculous tale, or not. If and if didn't, she had no idea what he would do. Yeah, right. In this land? He'd attack her, no doubt about it. Musalis sighed mentally. Why was it that all the interesting people always seemed determined to fight her? Talking things over peacefully while enjoying a nice cup of tea was a so much better way to solve your disagreements. But most people always instinctively reached for their weapons if anything didn't go according to their plan.

Just to be safe, Musalis studied her surroundings, to make use of them in case of a fight. There wasn't really much that seemed useful. The street was a bit dusty, so she supposed she could at some point try to throw dust in his face - or his wolf. Which presented another problem; if it came to a fight it would be two against one. Cindy didn't really help in a fight... except for providing a link to Ochre. So, technically, it was two against one and a God. So, actually, the odds were in her favor.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:17 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

[I'm not sure how we can do prayers...]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...may Ochre guide your voice.

Realization rang through Jaedin's mind like the sound of a tuning fork in a quiet, empty room; memories flooded back w/ such clarity that he wondered how he could forget. The tournament. It seemed ages ago - it had been, in fact. And while the details weren't entirely clear as to how their last encounter had ended, Jaedin remembered with grim certainty the awe-inspiring power bottled up in Musalis' frail form; the power of sirens to wrap words in the devious power of seductive music; the power of the gods to bring judgement on those that opposed her. If there were ever one more skilled in hiding her lethal nature than Jaedin, it was this priest. Aside from an undead nature, what came off as "threatening" from the fail form of a female skeleton?

She was lying. Jaedin wasn't really inclined to believe Musalis in the first place - he wouldn't trust anyone right now, given how his head felt. The way Musalis carried herself - the uncertainty in her speech - seemed to be all Jaedin needed. Jaedin's memories of Musalis indicated she spoke w/ clarity and determination. After all, singing uninterrupted to the god of music required great focus from the vocalist. But there was more to just her speech. Jaedin saw her eyeing her surroundings, assessing them for tactical advantages. He'd been doing the same. She was preparing for a fight, not for instructing him on some sort of quest. Besides, Jaedin hadn't put himself out for hire in years - he'd left that game long ago. Furthermore, he wouldn't just idly pick up a contract for a necromancer without more preparation: there was no way he could go head-to-head w/ a necromancer right now. And if that weren't enough, Musalis had given nothing to work with! Just sending random people on some assassination attempt on a dark wizard? Ludicrous!

No, something definitely wasn't right here. Jaedin didn't know if Musalis' was having similar trouble w/ her memory, but he didn't care.

"I don't think so, friend," Jaedin called back, "I'm not going anywhere."

Time to pull the trigger

And so, quite literally, he did.

Quickly unhitching his hookshot from his belt, Jaedin pointed it at the ground, flicked a particular switch, and fired [Advanced Machinery]. A blast of air burst from the contraption, throwing Jaedin into the air in an arc that would put him within three yards of Musalis. But that wasn't enough - he needed a distraction to keep Musalis from just blasting him pre-landing.

[Ink Well]

Jaedin flicked his free hand and produced three small, black vials from his person. Near the apex of his "jump", he threw them at Musalis. When the projectiles were about halfway there, they ruptured, releasing a large, expanding cloud of thick, black, oily gas into the air. Of course, the small bottles weren't a threat. Even their contents weren't. The point was to shroud Musalis until Jaedin made a landing and got his bearings again. With the cloud centered right were Musalis was standing, it'd be difficult for her to find her way out. Then again, she didn't have eyes to begin with, so perhaps it didn't matter. Jaedin would find out one way or the other soon enough.

---------------------------

Trinix ducked into the nearest alley on his left while Jaedin was airborne. Musalis could easily see where the pup went but, once he was in the alleyway, it wouldn't be so easy to decide where he was going.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Ink Well: 1x; Lasts 2 more posts]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:35 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

So... they were friends, apparently. Why else would he call her his friend? Things kept getting stranger and stranger. Forgetting why she went to a meeting - sure, that could happen. But forgetting befriending somebody? That seemed beyond normal. Something was going on, and Musalis decided not to stop until she had figured out what. Fortunately, she now had a friend here to help her. Even if she didn't remember them ever becoming friends, but her memory was part of the problem, and thus not reliable right now.

At that point, something exploded in front of her. Musalis instinctively jumped back. It would have been too late to avoid the full blast had there been a blast, but it could have lessened the impact a bit. However, no force hit her, instead, the air was quickly filled with some sort of gas. [Due to Magical Sight, her vision is not impeded, just influenced enough for her to notice that something is there] Musalis decided that she was probably safe - she didn't have to breathe, so any poison in it wouldn't do much. If it was corrosive enough to severely harm her, it would probably be too dangerous to use. Besides, they were friends. So this was probably... some sort of ritual they had devised to greet each other? In that case, the gas was probably perfume of some sort. It did smell oily, so that seemed likely.

From the sky, her friend fell to the ground in front of her. Musalis hadn't payed attention, so she didn't know if was just really good at jumping, or whether he could somehow fly. Either way, it was impressive.

"Ah, well, it seems there has been a misunderstanding.", Musalis said, "I seem to have lost some of my memory, so I was trying to trick you to avoid a confrontation. There isn't actually a necromancer. I am sorry for misleading you, and had I remembered that we were friends, then I would of course never have done such a thing. Unfortunately, part of the memories that I have lost seem to be the ones where we became friends... I don't even remember your name. I hope you can help me remembering. When did we meet again, after the tournament?"

While she talked, Musalis casually walked closer to... her friend, whose name she didn't know. She was really hoping that together they would be able to sort this all out, because things like having a friend she didn't remember were really starting to freak her out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:30 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Well...it's certainly dark now...

In truth, Jaedin hadn't thought ahead to what would happen after he landed. Surrounded on all sides by a thick cloud of inky gas, he had, quite literally, leapt without looking. To make things worse, he'd already let the oily vapors into his eyes. When the cloud dissipated, he'd be momentarily blind. Whatever his skeletal friend wanted, she'd be in a prime position to exact it upon him. Jaedin was sure he'd had a purpose in jumping in here, but the harder he thought about it, the further away from his mental grasp it became.

But before he could get too far in his mental recollections, Jaedin heard Musalis' voice cutting through the pea-soup-thick cloud. She sounded deceptively distant; in reality, Jaedin was sure she was much closer, especially considering how close to her he'd landed. Her words were hard to decipher through the cloud. But the closer she drew to him, the more clear the words became. The only real part Jaedin could really pick out were her last few words:

"When did we meet again, after the tournament?"

Had it really been that long? Surely she would know more about him from other parts of DI. After all...

I'm...kind'f a big deal...

Arrogant as it sounded, there wasn't a soul around that had trouble recognizing Jaedin's face. He held his murderous reputation thanks in large part to an evil counterpart who had long since passed from the world of DI. Maybe he wasn't the only one whose mind was playing tricks on him.

Whatever Musalis was, she was walking right at him - he could hear her footsteps [Sensory]. While it wasn't hard to figure out where he was, Musalis was walking without trepidation, but with purpose and direction. Jaedin couldn't quite tell where she was, but he wasn't about to let her walk in on him blind.

With hookshot already in hand, Jaedin once again pointed the device at the ground and fired [Advanced Machinery]. With a great whoosh, Jaedin sailed up and out of the cloud towards the building Musalis had recently exited. The light shining on his face instantly brought tears to his eyes, so he couldn't quite stick the landing on top of the roof. Instead, Jaedin's lower body slammed into the wall of the building (knocking the wind from his lungs), while his upper body and arms managed to land on the roof. He wriggled his legs and quickly rolled onto the roof, wheezing and coughing as his lung filled once more w/ air.

He seemed safe enough on the roof. For now, at least. His eyes were still brimming with tears, so it was all he could do to see the edge of the roof he'd rolled over. There was no way to know where Musalis was or determine whether she knew of Jaedin's clumsy escape or not. But until his eyes adjusted to the bright light, there was little else he could do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Ink Well: Lasts 1 more post]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:30 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Musalis waited for an answer, but never got it. That was discouraging. Maybe she had been wrong. Maybe he wasn't her friend after all, but had been trying to fool her. But then why had she called this meeting? While she could not remember having asked for it, she could distinctly remember wondering about why she had asked him to come here, so there was no doubt that she was responsible for the meeting. And the obvious reason for her to call such a meeting was the current problem - her memory. But it appeared that he couldn't help, or he would have answered. Or was he just thinking before speaking? Oh, so many different possibilities, and Musalis saw no way to figure out the truth quickly.

Well, except asking him directly, that was.

"Maybe you didn't hear me, I said...", she began, but stopped when he used some sort of device to fling himself into the air. Musalis was in awe. She watched him sail gracefully through the air, towards a rooftop and... crash into the side of the building instead. Musalis flinched. But at least things made sense now. They were friends, and they were both under a spell or a curse - she was under a memory spell, which explained why she didn't remember being his friend, and he was under a clumsiness spell. Maybe a silence spell too, since he hadn't answered.

Cindy started laughing when the stranger crashed into the building. While Musalis tried to get her to be silent, she continued to unravel what was going it. So, they were both under curses or spells, and they were friends. It was clear that there was something interesting on the roof that he wanted to show her, probably because he voice didn't work and he couldn't tell her. And if he had something to show her, it had to be something that could help with their curses. Long story short, she had to follow him to the roof. There were a few boxes in one of the side streets adjacent to the building which she could possibly use to climb the to the roof - but it looked like it would be tedious and boring. So, instead, Musalis decided to call upon her God's blessings. Thankfully, she had managed to get Cindy to stop laughing; the bible was just giggling quietly.

She focused on Cindy, and drew upon her bible's powers. She used this to travel the way Gods did according to the holy books - not by covering the distance to the destination, but by ignoring it. In an instant, she appeared up on roof. [Cindy Bible Bash Used] She could feel the other part of the blessing allowing her to hit with her bible with much greater force than usual, but she dismissed this extra power. After all, she wouldn't need to hurt anything, she was just here with a friend to cure the curses that had been put on them both.

Looking around, the roof was rather plain. It was a flat roof, with a small border around the edge. There was a hole on the other end of the roof that somebody had forgotten to fix, and next to it was a trapdoor which presumably lead down into the house. And of course there was her friend/stranger, who stood a short distance away, seeming still disoriented from either the curse put upon him, or his crash into the building.

"Nice place up here.", Musalis commented casually, "But I don't really see what it is you want to show me... are there secret markings here somewhere that can give me a clue as to how we can reverse the curses? Oh, and by the way, you still haven't told me your name... maybe you didn't catch my explanation, but I have a memory curse place upon me, so I don't actually remember your name, or how we became friends, or when the clumsiness curse was placed upon you... but I think I have things figured out now, so we can start solving this."

"Unless you want to crash into another building first, we wouldn't mind waiting for that.", Cindy added, and started laughing again.

[Cindy Bible Bash, 2x left]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:35 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

[Sorry...work got busy...]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Furious blinking had managed to clear away the river of tears flowing from Jaedin's eyes. Gradually, his sight returned to him. It had only been a few seconds since his acrobatic tumble through the air; he felt confidant Musalis would not easily follow him. Skeleton's weren't the strongest things on two legs: She'd be hard-pressed to follow him up to the roof.

But Jaedin was wrong. For reasons beyond reckoning, Musalis was right next to him!

How...?

Jaedin spent part of Musalis' speech bewildered at the girl's sudden appearance. She hadn't jumped - he would've felt the impact of her landing. (Although, she was rather frail of form). But as the priest continued to speak, Jaedin grew less concerned with her appearance and more concerned with her intentions. She seemed to sincerely believe he meant her no harm. In fact, she seemed to have befriended him in some common cause towards fixing...whatever it was that had befallen this town.

If not for the rat's nest of confusion wending its way through his brain, Jaedin might be inclined to believe her. But for all Jaedin knew, Musalis had come here to hunt him down. But if her memory was as faulty as his, it was easy to see how she might latch onto some other story to fill the void left by her fading memory. Regardless, Jaedin wouldn't be caught so easy.

"You can't seriously have forgotten my name."

Still laying on the roof, there wasn't much time to get up without Musalis moving to defend herself. Jaedin would have to work from where he was.

[Telekinesis]

Raising his free, left hand towards Musalis, Jaedin unleashed the mystical hybridization of Ki and mental power towards Musalis. But it wasn't so much the priest that was his target so much as the wooden boards beneathe her feet. Jaedin meant to wrip up the fragile, time-worn roof and send her crashing down to the floor below.

He wasn't sure how nimble skeletons were, nor how durable they'd be when falling through a roof. If Musalis' ability to scale rooftops was any indication, Jaedin was sure she'd have another surprise for him yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Ink well: Gone (not that it matters)]
[Telekinesis: 4x]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:27 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"I really am sorry, but it isn't my fault.", Musalis said, "As I said, my memory seems to have been tampered with. I only remember our meeting during the tournament, and that time you didn't actually tell me your name. In fact, you seem to avoid mentioning it; since you haven't told me now either. Oh well, if you don't give me something to call you I'll just have to make something up."

Her strange friend then extended his arm towards her. A greeting of some form, obviously. But how to return it? Should she shake his hand? If so, why hadn't he extended his right hand instead? Maybe she was just supposed to raise her own hand, mirroring his gesture? Or was she supposed to kiss his hand? As she was a skeleton, that would raise a whole other batch of problems.

Musalis was still debating with herself when the ground beneath her began to creak. She took a to the side, careful to avoid that weak board. But she still didn't get far enough away, as a large hole suddenly opened; wooden boards crumbling more than they broke due to age; rusty nails groaning with stress before they had to give up and let the boards they were supposed to hold up fall down into the house. Cindy stopped laughing and started screaming instead. Musalis, being at the edge of the hole, did manage to grab onto some boards that still held, instead of falling herself. These boards were on top of a support beam, so they couldn't fall as easily as the others. Looking below her, she saw that it wasn't too deep - she could probably survive the fall without any real damage, if she was prepared for it. Still, her new friend had come to this roof, so there was probably something important to them being up here. Probably... she couldn't quite remember what reason he had given for them to come up here. She had followed him, she could remember that much, but why he had wanted to come up here? He hadn't had time to tell her yet, so she couldn't allow herself to fall off the roof. Slowly, she started to drag herself back onto the roof.

"You know...", Musalis said, "A little help would be appreciated."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:40 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

[I assumed Musalis' cooperation a bit. Let me know if you want me to change it.]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With Musalis busy falling through the roof, Jaedin scrambled to his feet. Fortunately, the roof proved stable enough to continue to support his weight, despite the hole he'd just punched through it. But as he stood there, watching Musalis dangle from the roof's supports, Jaedin began to doubt his paranoia. By the intonation and weight of her words, Musalis didn't seem to be at all threatening or dangerous. She seemed to be going out of her way to give him the benefit of the doubt. For a moment, Jaedin regretted trying to send her through the roof. True, caution and preemptive action often proved his strongest allies. But some small part of him wished he didn't have to be so cynical. Maybe Musalis did need his help, though for what he could not be sure.

Jaedin knelt down by Musalis and extended an arm towards her.

"Here," he said, "let me help you up."

While he (presumably) helped the girl up, a wave of nostalgia swept over Jaedin. The disconcerting part of it was that he didn't understand why. He didn't remember ever helping Musalis before; they certainly hadn't been allies in the tournament. But as Jaedin checked his memory to verify his feelings, he found his mind unwilling to yield any hard evidence to confirm his thoughts. The greater he strove to identify his feelings and where they came from, the further his mind seemed to place them. Like putting a carrot on a stick just out of reach of an animal, Jaedin's memories seems to be pushed further and further out of his reach the more he pursued them.

In fact, Jaedin began to have doubts as to why he was even here, or how he'd gotten up onto the roof. Of course, he'd jumped from ground to escape Musalis. But why? She was clearly not dangerous. Why had he bothered running in the first place? And, more importantly, where was Trinix? It was like looking back through a thick fog at where you'd just walked - the clouds were quickly obscuring Jaedin's more recent memories.

Managing to remember Musalis' recent inquery, Jaedin absent-mindedly answered, "My name's Jaedin, by the way."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:11 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Musalis stopped trying to climb up as the stranger offer his hand and his help. Gratefully, she accepted, and released her hold on the boards; not even considering for a moment that this left her at the mercy of the stranger. After all, he was her friend.

Musalis tried to smile as the stranger did pull her up. For a second he had hesitated before pulling her up, and she had started to doubt that he really was her friend, but apparently everything was well after all. Then she remembered that, as a skeleton, she couldn't smile and got sad for a moment. But that lasted a moment, as moments tend to do. Afterwards, Musalis' mind turned to more productive thoughts, planning their strategy ahead. She had only dim, unreliable memories of her immediate past to rely on - at least that was what her dim, unreliable memories of her immediate past told her. Maybe a source of information that told you itself that it was unreliable wasn't the best source of information. But fortunately, she now had a much better source, who had even introduced himself.

"Okay, Jaedin, apparently I have been cursed or something; my memory doesn't seem to be working. I do seem to have good memories of events further back - like our fight at the tournament - but anything recent is blurry. I can't even remember how long ago our conversation started. Now, a while ago I apparently had all this figured out, but as I said, my memory is faulty so I can't trust it. I can barely remember the conclusions I arrived at, not how I got there. This is obviously a problem, especially since I don't remember how I got into this situation, or how to fix it. As far as I can tell - from my memory - I was supposed to meet here with you in order to do something to solve this problem. Something special about this roof, which must be why you led me up here. Also, while we fix my memory, we can also fix clumsiness you are cursed with... anyway, I need you to tell me what is really going on, since you still have your memory. Oh, and didn't you used to have a dog, or something? I seem to remember one from our tournament, but you don't have it now. Did something happen to it?"

Musalis really hoped that they would be able to do something. It was quite confusing the remember thoughts about things which you couldn't remember. Like she could remember thinking about Jaedin leading her up to the roof to show her something important, but she couldn't remember him saying anything about that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:56 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

[It's really hard to make this a battle when we're just talking...]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Trinix? He's...around."

Jaedin's cryptic response betrayed his feelings of unease in this sutuation. While Musalis seemed innocent enough, her story still wasn't adding up. For one thing, Jaedin didn't he'd've agreed to team-up with the priestess. Aside from the obvious nuisance of having one's memories slowly rot away, he didn't really see a reason to solving this town's problem. Certainly not one that worked out to Jaedin's advantage, anyway. (All he was getting now was a headache and an increasingly thin level of patience).

Furthermore, Musalis knew a lot more about this town and her purpose for being here. All Jaedin could remember was that he was just...passing through. And that was good enough for him. So long as Musalis didn't present any kind of threat, Jaedin saw no need to continue hobbling about in this town. If Musalis was right, all he had to do was walk through town and leave - which was likely all he'd wanted to do in the first place.

"Listen, Musalis: I'm sure you're here to figure out this whole memory-curse thing. But I'm not. I'm just passing through. I'm not bungling about rooftops trying to help you figure this thing out - I'm just trying to get through this in one piece."

Jaedin turned to leave by way of hopping of the root of the building (the same edge from whic hhe'd originally scrambled onto it from). Before he jumped, he looked over his shoulder and quipped:

"Now, I think I'll be leaving this accursed town and get back to wherever it was I really wanted to be."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:40 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

[I'm sure one of us will annoy the other enough soon. And if not we can just move this to the roleplaying section :P]

------

"I'm afraid I can't let you leave just like that.", Musalis called down to him, "I really do need your help here. So..."

Musalis paused. There was very little she could do to keep him, if he decided to leave. After all, he was probably faster and stronger than she was. However, small details like that rarely stopped her; every problem had a solution. If the problem was complicated, it just meant that you needed to think outside the box. In this case, Musalis couldn't stop Jaedin from leaving. But she could probably make him want to stay, to help her. He probably wanted to anyway; after all, he was her friend. He would just need a little push...

Musalis considered starting to sing, but decided against it. She didn't have the time to come up with anything great, and speaking should suffice. Musalis focused, and from within herself brought froth the blessing bestowed upon her by her God. She let it seep through her voice, and then with the voice outwards. [Siren's Talent used]

"... please. I can't do this on my own."

"Wow. I didn't think you'd stoop to direct mind manipulation this fast.", Cindy said, though not loud enough that Jaedin could hear her, "Do you really think that he will just let you do that to him?"

"Why not?", Musalis countered, "I am his friend, and just helping him choose the right path. It's what friends do. If I had had more time, I could have found another way to change his mind, but I am kind of pressed for time here."

--

[Siren's Talent used, 2x left]

--

(note: receiving a way to manipulate minds from your God does not tend to do wonders for your ethics. After all, since you God gave it to you, using it must be good, right?)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:43 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Jaedin's legs refused to budge from the ground on which they stood. Musalis' call - her plea - for help had been more than just the pleadings of a woman. He couldn't understand it, but Jaedin felt alarmingly attached to this miserable town. It reminded him of...something. Something he dearly desired. But like many of his thoughts, the true reasons behind them lay hidden beneathe a nebulous haze. Between Musalis' musical intonation and the memory-leeching effects around him, Jaedin's head was beginning to pound. He turned, halfway, and looked up to where Musalis stood perched atop that ramshackle building. Maybe his eyes were playing tricks on him, but there was something more to Musalis that Jaedin hadn't noticed before. Something more...attractive? No, that wasn't right. Appealing? Worthwhile?

It didn't make sense!

"Trinix!"

He felt vulnerable and confused. Not so much due to faulty memory - some alluring presence seemed to be drawing him back to the place he meant to leave. He didn't like it, and he was sure Musalis had something to do with it. With refined movements, Jaedin silently produced two shurikens in his right hand. But try as he might, he couldn't muster the will to send them towards Musalis. In his heart, Jaedin didn't want to bring her harm; at least, not directly. It was with great difficulty that he tried to map out a way to stop Musalis' hypnotic effect while avoiding the inhibitions currently placed on him.

Frustrated, Jaedin hurled each bladed projectile at one of the two beams supporting the front of the building Musalis stood upon. Each shuriken would easily smash through the 4-inch-thick beams [Master]. Jaedin didn't know how much Musalis weighed (not much, most likely), but the dilapidated old building was starting to take some serious blows to its structure. With any luck, this recent weakening might be enough to prompt the roof to buckle and partially cave in, forcing Musalis to abandon her perch and meet Jaedin on the ground.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:58 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Suddenly, Jaedin threw something which somehow smashed the thick wooden support she was standing on with ease. Musalis was surprised, but reasoned that it had probably been old and moldy - after all, the roof hadn't even supported her on her own earlier. But there was not much time to consider explanations. Bereft of its support, the building groaned, and the front slowly started to collapse in on itself. Slowly for the moment at least - Musalis had no doubt that it would soon get faster, and endanger her. Before that could happen, she jumped back toward the back on the roof, which still was standing strong. The wood which shuddered and bent under her landing told her that this wasn't a safe place either - she would need to get down from here.

While she waited for the heap of rubble that had once been the other side of the building to settle, she considered what had happened. Why had Jaedin... well, attacked her? There wasn't really a better term for it than that. Had she somehow used the magic wrong, and provoked anger instead of compassion? But no, she had felt her God's blessing, and it had been the same as any other time. There was nothing wrong with that, which meant that somehow there was something wrong with Jaedin.

Having found the problem, Musalis drew her Battle Tuning Fork. A humm came from it and spread out over the battlefield. She still wasn't sure why he had done it, but just in case... in case she had been wrong, and he wasn't her friend...

"Jaedin!", she called, she jumping down into the rubble, and making her way out onto the road, "What in Ochre's name was that for? You could have seriously injured me!"