It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Attack Site!(Hisa-me's Training Battle)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:52 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Quote:
Battles are fought in turns, you post after a response.
-Fighting happens in "real time"; meaning you can, if you wish, go back in time a little to describe actions and things you do before any attack the opposition lands (within reasonability)
-Be as descriptive as you can. More information makes for better battles.
-Do not ever control your opponent's character (or pets) in any way.
-Characters are, typically, allowed two actions per post: One defensive action and one offensive action. Regardless of whether you were attacked or not, you may only attack once per post.
-You can only use 1 special/spell per turn (you can use multiple skills per turn, but only 1 special per turn). Specials that have an effect on your opponent count as your one offensive action.
-Try to be fair in both your attacks as well as your dodges. Getting hit every now and then is not the end of the world, and deepens your character. (And makes battles more interesting)
-A minimum of 2 paragraphs (though more are desirable!)
-No "unblockable" attacks. There's always something, somewhere that can happen.
-Be creative, use the world around you to your advantage!
-Use a spell checker, or a program that helps with punctuation. It can't hurt...and can generally help your posts become more readable.
-Have fun!!! Battles are supposed to be enjoyable. If you don't like it, something is wrong.

I usually give notes and suggestions of my own but honestly, it looks like you are ready to go for the most part, so this training battle shouldn't take too long. I'm not going to boil you alive, hehehe...

Vius glanced back over his shoulder at the town of Oncost, his silver eyes skimming the horizon as the sun set. As much as his life had changed recently, here in this peaceful town, he always knew he had a place to feel like his old self. The tranquility of the town had to be preserved and the townspeople knew Vius well enough by now to come directly to him when they had problems that seemed to big for simple craftsmen and artisans to attend to. As soon as Vius had entered the the outlying fields of Oncost, Scout, the child who had an uncanny knack for finding Vius and trouble, usually in that order, came running up.

The boy had looked distressed and elated at the same time and he quickly launched into questions about where Vius had been, even as he led the elf to the town elders. Once there, Vius got to hear the newest development in Oncost. Apparently, over the course of the past few days, several kiltharrs had been attacked in the nearby forest. At first, the townsfolk had assumed it was the wolves they had driven off but several of the victims bore burn marks, needle wounds and thin gashes as if from the cut of a blade as well as ragged cuts from claws. No bite marks, though. No one could describe the attacker beyond a silent shadow that seemed to appear, cause havoc, then disappear. There were no confirmed deaths but the attacks were rising in intensity and a fatality was all but assumed if nothing was done.

The townsfolk had done what they could but whatever was out there was used to avoiding detection and capture. Kiltharr in the town had been incredibly wary, as the attacks had focused exclusively on them. Talk about town was that the remaining cat-people were looking to band up and move on from Oncost. That was not good news for Vius, as one of his favorite places to eat in town was a kiltharr-owned restaurant that specialized in serving raw fish, artfully prepared with vegetables and seaweed. He had to solve this problem anyway and the probability of a free meal or two certainly appealed to the elf.

So, it was for this reason that he set out into the woods as the sun dipped low and gave way to a hunter's moon, full and round and glowing silver. Vius' eyes were like two mirrors to that moon as he searched for a sign he could follow, a trail he could catch, anything. He had the nervous feeling that, when it came down to it, whatever he was searching for would find him first. He called forth his Brightsteel blade and it formed almost instantly. He had become so proficient at casting this spell it hardly seemed to take much thought anymore. If he didn't know better, he would think the silver glow the sword gave off was just a particularly bright reflection of the moon, too, but he could feel the cold power of the Void emanating through the metal blade.

Let this strange beast or violent being come for me, the warlock thought. I will subdue it and make it see reason or end it's life. No one harms the people of Oncost without recourse while Vius Ottum protects this town.

---------------------------------------------------
Brightsteel used, 0x left

Okay, I took what I read in your bio and tried to incorporate it into the post, I hope it works for you. As you can see, I've used a spell and noted that on the bottom of my post but some players prefer to mark it as soon as it's used in the actual post. There's no right way so do it however you choose. As a Druid, timing is going to be important to you so make sure to plan ahead with what incantations you're going to use. Feel free to pm me with any questions or concerns!

Post subject: Re: Attack Site!(Hisa-me's Training Battle)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:04 am 
Initiated
Initiated

Luna lounges by a small river in the woods. She lay there using her claws to dig small lines and shapes in the dirt below her. Moving her dirt covered claws back and forth while she listens to everything that is going on around her. She hears everything from the forest animals scurrying about, to the children playing in the village near by. Glancing around the still and boring forest she quietly yawns baring her sharp fangs. Nothing had happened that morning witch was making her very bored so she decided to take a stroll. Standing up and picking up her sword she starts off down a small path.

As she walked down the small path she watched the birds fly over head in the sky. Since she had been in this forest for a long time she had a basic path that she walked every day. She did this so that she could keep her eye out for any kiltharr that crossed her path. She hated the kiltharrs more then anything so she was living outside this village so that she could kill as many as she could find. Unfortunately her skills were not that good so she had only managed to injure a few around 6 or 7 of them mostly with her claws.The reason she was camped outside this village was to train her swordsman skills on more then just trees and deer. The thinking and moving targets seemed to be more then a challenge to her and the fact that she had to stay quite and not alert the village did not help either.

Finding herself at the end of the forest she hears the commotion she watches the figures trying to find out why the village was in an uproar. Looking to the side she notices a man walking into the woods. So she moves closer staying downwind of him. She moves silently studying the way he is dressed and the way that he moves trying to figure out what he was planing on doing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:17 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Not bad. One thing is that you have a lot of tense shifts. That can make it hard to understand exactly what you mean sometimes. Minor grammatical/spelling stuff but nobody is perfect. I like the way Luna is just casually out for a stroll and hopes she might find a kiltharr to murder, it's a very subtle but interesting component to the character. Good strategy on mentioning she moved quietly and stayed downwind but I would recommend that as soon as the character feels threatened, she should prepare some sort of defensive spell. Druid stuff takes time to grow so you will have to plan ahead. Also, I believe either your "Quick Claw" or "Quick Attack" skill was supposed to be changed to a passive skill so you should change your sheet to reflect that. Okay, on with the show!

Vius felt a nervous tingle, the kind of primal instinct that tells a person that someone is watching them. Vius shook his head, shrugged his shoulders and took a few steps towards the forest. What kind of foolishness was his brain getting at? He was acting like a superstitious human, afraid of the dark and the unknown. He should be embracing this opportunity to once again prove to the town that he was worth having around. Besides, it was most likely just an overzealous human acting on some strange notion of destroying impure races or some such nonsense. The marks on the victims, though...

A glint of gold caught the elf's eye. His brightsteel blade, currently serving a dual purpose as both weapon and light source, had briefly illuminated something metallic in the shrubs. If it was the cause of his problems, Vius would actually be happy. He didn't look forward to entering the forest and being surrounded by trees and bugs and who knows what else. No, if he could face whatever was causing this right here and now, that would be great. His silver eyes skimmed the treeline, hoping to see that glint again. He gritted his teeth in annoyance. There was so much he could be doing right now. All that was keeping him outside was this one hopefully simple task.

"Hey! You! Is that the kiltharr hunter out there?" Vius yelled, his youth rearing it's head in a brash display. He waved his glowing sword in a slow arc."I'm no kitty cat! Come on out and let's settle this here and now! Or are you scared of facing a High Elf's blade?" Insinuating someone was scared to fight a high elf was a deep insult in many warrior cultures. The elves were a frail people, known more for their mental prowess and magical skill than physicality. Vius wasn't like the typical high elf. He was bulkier, stronger and, as his rude taunting showed, he was not always thinking things through from every angle. Though his quickened mind could analyze the situation in depth in a matter of seconds, sometimes that was still too slow for Vius' taste. "Hurry up and show your self! I'm right here!"

With that, Vius gathered energy, the cold power of the Void quickly rushing in to fill the elf's body. He extended his left hand slowly, dramatically and let loose a tiny beam of silver light. It shot up into the sky, marking where Vius was clearly. A murmur rose up from the people who watched from the safety of the edge of town. A small crowd of curious onlookers had gathered and watched the dark forest for signs of Vius' triumph or demise. That silver beam of light gave them all hope that the elf was making progress, at least. As fr the elf, he decided to wait a few more moments before plunging into the forest. Would his opponent come to him or would he have to enter the foreboding woods?

---------------------------
Bright Ray used, 3x left

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:46 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

Luna watches from behind a large bush. She is in a crouching position with ears back and taking short quiet breaths as she studies the man some more. She has no idea what he was doing out here. Usually it was only Kiltharr people that strayed out into this part of the woods so this man had to have a reason to be there. Moving slightly to the left of the man so she was more in front of him she notices his sword. It was the shiniest and most beautiful blade she had ever seen. All of the blades warriors had in her pack were all badly hand made and always covered in dirt.

She snapped out of a slight daze and started to watch and study the strange man again. Just moments after he started to yell. ""Hey! You! Is that the kiltharr hunter out there?"" Her ears perked up and she started to snarl now realizing why he was here. ""I'm no kitty cat! Come on out and let's settle this here and now! Or are you scared of facing a High Elf's blade?"" Her eyes get very wide and her blood starts to boil. She looks at the waving sword and decides that a elf that cant keep him tongue from wagging does not deserve a beautiful sword like that one. With that the fur on her shoulders gets pushed away as something starts to grow.

Her rage now controlling her she grabs her sword witch was laying in front of her. Holding it tightly she gets ready to strike. Just as she is ready to jump she sees the burst of light. She get startled and watches it shoot up into the sky. Her eyes as wide as the full moon itself. Very confused she trys to think what this move was to accomplish. She comes to the conclusion that he was calling for reinforcements. Quickly moving forward she decides that getting deeper into the woods would be an advantage either way. She would either get to far away so the reinforcements would not be able to find them, or he would loose her and there would be no fight at all.

Jumping up and running forward making enough noise so that he would hear her, she starts to run deeper into the woods. Part of her was hoping that he would follow and keep up. Luna hated ignorant people and the fact that he was acting so high and mighty kept her blood boiling. She turned her head back to she if she was being followed...

Needle Spitters (3 posts left till grown)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:05 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

That was good, I could tell what was going on easily and it was good strategy to run while your needles are growing. Druids are hit and runners until they have something grown so, like I've said, it's good to think ahead.

"Damn."

Vius heard the steps running off into the forest. There was no denying he would have to enter that foreboding place now. He rushed forward, hoping to catch up with whatever made that sound as soon as possible. He caught a glimpse of silvery fur as he entered the treeline but then it was gone. The creature, whatever it was, was moving fast. Vius called on the Void, hoping to gain enough speed to perhaps overtake his opponent but realized that all of glowing enchantments made him an easy target in the dark forest. What to do?

The elf decided it was a risk he would have to take. He pulled power in and released it, the chill of the Void running through his veins causing an involuntary shiver. Slowly, silvery feathered wings burst from Vius' back and illuminated the are around him. As soon as those wings came into being, Vius could feel their effects. He was faster now and his reflexes were quicker, which helped him navigate this treacherous terrain. He was gaining on the mysterious stranger now and he drew a throwing knife with his left hand while precariously balancing his sword in his right. There was a glimmer of yellow eyes as Vius nearly closed on the creature. The elf launched the small blade towards his opponent, knowing that if it hit it would only be because of blind luck. Nevertheless, he had to goad the creature into standing and fighting.

If he could just chase his prey into a clearing inside this forest, he might get a clean shot at it. The way they were going, though, was through clumps of tightly packed bushes and trees with hanging vines. Whatever he was chasing knew this forest well. Vius worried a bit about that. Perhaps he was chasing some sort of forest spirit or evil dryad. The townsfolk were lucky Vius loved their food so much or he might not be so willing to risk his life for them so easily!

Wings of Light used, 1x left

Notice that I used a spell but also attacked. In battle, you have one defensive action and one offensive action. Some spellcasters have purely defensive spells and so can use them and then attack regularly. However, the use of two spells in a post is not allowed so if I wanted, I could have ran after you and shot a spell but I couldn't run after you, cast Holy Wings and then shoot a spell. On the next post, I would suggest somehow attacking so I can judge how well you do that. Then we'll almost be done!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:05 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

As soon as she realized that he was chasing her she picked up the speed. Darting past trees and jumping over logs as she ran. She had no plan yet, all she wanted to do right now was get him as far away from the village as she could. That did not seem to be a problem because he was faster then she thought. Luna tucked her precious sword closer to her so that it was not waving around at her side as she ran deeper into the woods.

The woods started to get darker as the sun could not get threw the thick tree leaves above. Luna could feel the dirt below her turn cold and almost wet making it a little slippery. she had never fought anything this far in and she was trying to make a plan to attack. It was then that she remembered the clearing she was in earlier that day. Getting a plan formed in her mind she turns to the left and runs into a stream following it down she makes sure her paw prints stay noticeable in the mud.

Reaching the clearing she stops and looks around. Getting her plan in her head she jumps into the bushes on the other side of the clearing. Getting on all fours she stars to move so that she is down wind of the opening that she came out of. Drawing her blade and concentrating. The plants on her shoulders were not even close to being ready so she would have to think of something else.

She moved so her feet were shoulders width apart while still in crouching position and the earth started to shift under her. Moss started to grow on her feet muffling the sound of walking and shifting. Letting it grow she drew her sword back into striking pose waiting for her prey.

Boots of Moss(The tree of Gwuhiir (Armour-based) (1 post left till grown)
Needle Spitters(The Tree of Rahel (Attack-based) (3 posts left till grown)

*~btw i just had a question my boots of moss take 2 posts to grow does that mean that the next post the will be grown or the post after?~*
*~ also if it is no good i am very sorry i tried and if you want i am free for the next few days i can try again just let me know!~*

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:47 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Decent post. However, you should have noted that I threw a knife at/around your area and you should have mentioned hearing/seeing it or something. Also, you mention the sun not being able to get through the leaves but it is night time and there's a full moon! Little details like that are important to keep straight but I know it's been hard since we have had some gaps in posting times. Other than that, not bad and now that we are in a clearing we should be able to have a proper fight. As for your question, I asked a mod to make sure and he said it works like this(I'm paraphrasing)

Activation/Incantation:1st post
Growth:x-1 amount of posts where x=growth time
Usable after Growth period ends.

So your boots will appear on the post after your next one. Also, your needle spitters have 2 posts left, not 3. I usually use a little fraction to denote spell timers, maybe you could do that(e.g. "Needle Spitters, 1/3 posts needed to grow" then "2/3 posts" then "3/3 posts, fully grown next turn") Just a suggestion.

"Alright, I've had enough of this running around!" Vius yelled as he entered a clearing in the forest. Whatever he was chasing disappeared into the brush. The elf was still frustrated by his knife disappearing in the woods after his missed shot; after this was settled, he'd probably have to spend another hour trying to find that knife. Well, he could just buy a new one but it had sentimental value. He shook his head to clear the tangential thoughts and refocused on the task at hand once again.

The glow from his silver wings plus the radiance of the Brightsteel sword combined to cut through the dim forest. Though the moon shown brightly, it's soft blue light couldn't make it through the dense forest canopy, so Vius was providing his own light and also making himself a glowing target. There was a brief glint of silvery fur again and yellow eyes. Those eyes were not that of a feral beast but of an intelligent creature. It was waiting for him to slip up; it was waiting for him to fall and then it would pounce. As deadly as animals in the wild could be, most could be outsmarted by a wily hunter. This was different. This one was too smart to let roam free. Vius briefly considered doubling back and enlisting the aid of more hunters but he had a bad feeling that this creature was much more dangerous than anyone thought and he couldn't let it escape him now.

Vius raised his left hand and it glowed with a silver light like his sword and wings. Power, cold and strong, surged through Vius' body and he involuntarily winced as it threaded through him and pooled in his hand, waiting to be unleashed. His eyes widened for a moment but then narrowed again. Now was not the time for distraction. The Void was ready to be used. A beam of energy arced forth from the elf's hands towards the bushes. That was where he had momentarily seen those amber eyes, staring at him with cold, calculated malevolence. He hoped to get the first strike; any failure on his part now could mean a swift death.

-----------------------------------------
Beamstrike used, 2x left
Wings of Light effects, 2/3 posts left

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:02 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

Luna's ears perked up when she heard his voice. Listening to what he says she ducked down as he ran into the clearing. The bright light from his body almost blinding her she crouched down covering her eyes and rubbing them. While she was bent over she looked down at her feet the moss almost fully covering her feet but not quite ready. Biting her lower lip she tries to come up with a plan. Knowing that she had to make a move soon she tried to think of a way to strike behind him.

Watching his movements she shifted over attempting to get behind him to strike. Moving as slow as possible not making a sound she studies him looking at his shinny silver wings. As she looks around the glowing area she stays very quite calming her breath. Her ears twitch as he moves his hand up. As she watched the energy run through his hand she had no idea what it was. When he moved his hand down facing her she moved to the left. She did not know what it would do so she really did not want it pointed at her.

The beam of energy shot about a foot away from her. The energy from the blast knocked her backwards. When she finally sat back up she quickly realized what happened and decided that now was the only time to strike. She picked up her sword that was laying next to her and ran around the clearing just to get a clear shot. Then running out of the bushes towards him her eyes locked on his back. As she gets closer she swings her sword at him with as much force as she could.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:06 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

You need to keep a mention of your spells "timers" in your post. I suggested a way to keep track but you can do it however you want but somewhere, I have to see how many posts are left until your incantations are ready. Also, you are free to take a little liberty when describing attacks but for Beamstrike, there is impact akin to a "hard punch". I don't think that's enough force to miss you completely but still knock you on your butt. Make sure you're reading the descriptions of your opponent's spells carefully and creating your post accordingly. It's still a little hard to read with the grammatical errors but I can tell what you're trying to do. Like I've said, your writing will improve over time.

There was movement. Had he scored a hit? Vius' eyes strained to see in the darkness of the forest. Nothing appeared before him and no sound reached his ears. His prey was certainly clever and disciplined, it seemed. Vius took a step towards that darkness when the rustle of leaves behind him alerted him to someone attempting to catch him unaware. He spun quickly, sword raised.

A brief moment passed as Vius' lightning quick mind processed the information that was presented to it. Here was a strange, wolf-like humanoid, a Rathol. Vius was not as familiar with this race of creatures. In the time he remembered as a slave, he only encountered one or two. The ones captured were usually very lonely; either by choice or by tragedy, they had lost their packs and, as far as Vius could tell, it was hard for a Rathol to reconnect with a new group. This one here was stocky and seemed to have patches of fungus growing on...her? Her yellow eyes reflected Vius' silver light as she swung with her strange wooden sword. When Vius brought up his Brightsteel blade to counter her wild attack, he was surprised to find that the two weapons clashed with a solid thunk. Ironwood, perhaps? Whatever it was, the barbed vines covering it seemed like a cruel addition to a plain, somewhat barbaric weapon.

Vius jumped back, disengaging from his enemy. Even as he prepared an attack, there was a second course of thought running through his head. This Rathol was alone. Was she a lone wolf? Or had she suffered that loss of her pack that Rathol's tended to take very deeply. That would explain this anger. Perhaps it was tinged with grief or sorrow. Vius extended his left hand, choosing to attempt to pacify his opponent and maybe talk to her, if she hadn't gone completely feral.

"You're making a big mistake," Vius warned as he pointed his left hand, now glowing, at her chest and released a single straight beam of silver light. This attack would only sting a little if it hit but after Vius' previous Beamstrike, he hoped she would understand the implications of him not using his full force now that he had seen her face. Could she be convinced to talk?

-----------------------------
Wings of Light effects, 1/3 posts left
Bright Ray used, 3x left

EDIT: Hisa-me appears to have gone missing again. I officially proclaim this training battle a FAIL due to timeout. Hisa-me, if you return, we can start anew or you can take a new trainer.