It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lost
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:47 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"One thousand two hundred thirty two, one thousand two hundred thirty three, one thousand two hundred thirty four... then turn right..." He lifted his head only to see a large rock-of-a-wall that stood where 'turn right' was supposed to be.

"Shit!" he cursed. This was the fifth time the map had pointed something but wasn’t there.

He had been walking for five days straight now; following a map some old dwarf made that would 'supposedly' lead his way out of the caves and into the new lands that awaited him. Unfortunately, much to his dismay, and as hard as he had tried, he (or the map) has failed miserably. Now, he was trapped in an endless maze of tunnels with only a torch held on his right hand, a useless map on his left, his dragon-tooth staff strapped on his back, and his pocket full of bad luck - pretty useless.

His supply of food had almost ran out. If worse comes to worst, he would be forced to live off with underground mushrooms, being somewhat a hermit in this forever dark place until he would die of old age never to see the light of day ever again.

"Shit!" he cursed again at the thought. He was determined to get out of here no matter what.

"Hmpf!" with a stubborn will to never give up, he decided to crumple the map onto his pocket and use whatever instinct he has to try to escape from this place.

He walked.

------

The hollow cavern mimicked what one would call a circle. It had roughly 50 feet in radius. The stalactites and stalagmites that formed throughout the years made various pillars of different sizes, scattered across the cavern. However, despite being completely under the surface, never experiencing the light of day, the cavern housed a special kind of mushroom. Scattered all over the place, the mushrooms glowed in a light blue radiance allowing one to see the beauty of the place.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17682

Post subject: Re: Lost
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:42 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Kaine turned around a corner and held his torch out to light as much of the area as he could. "Another dead end..." He sighed as he stared at a few of the mushrooms that were scattered around the wall that stood where he had hoped an exit would be. He turned around and began to backtrack to the place where his path had split into two, maybe the other direction would be less pointless. He paused to fish a piece of dried meat out of one of the many sacks he had brought with him. Most of them were empty, he had hoped to acquire a few things during this trip and the sacks would definitely help.

" Last time I take information from a drunk seriously" The only thing that brought him to this tavern was the ranting of a drunk. He was arguing with another about the validity of some ruins of a city whose entrance lay within this cave. He claimed the ruins was littered with all sorts of treasures...gold and the like. Kaine doubted the extremes of the story, but the man's claims of the existence of this city could be true and the thought of what artifacts or books that he could find in such a city was interesting enough to investigate at least.

He finally made his way back to the split path and made his way down the other path and soon he found his way into a larger section of the cave. The stalactites and stalagmites like pillars were scattered throughout the area.

Shit! The voice of frustration from another person echoed down the path and soon Kaine could see another lightsource making it's way into Kaine's section of this cavern. He watched the figure for a few moments untill he could see it a bit clearer as he began to eat some more of his dried meat.
"Oy there!"
Kaine held up his torch and called out to the figure, maybe he could get some information on the area out of him. He put his free hand (his right) on his rapier should the other be less than friendly.

Kaine Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:10 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

As he continued walking into the seemingly endless labyrinth, Grey noticed the increasing numbers of glowing mushrooms that colonized over these moist dark caves. From a distance, he could see an opening to where more of these mushrooms could be seen.

"Oy there! oy there! there! there!"

Grey was surprised. Walking into another section of the cave he was greeted by an echoing voice. Another person? Turning his head he saw another light source, not from the mushrooms, but from a flamed torch a fair distance away.

"Ey! ey! ey! ey!" he replied.

The place was oddly wide, different from the tunnels that he had just passed. The colony of glowing mushrooms from that place was bigger than the previous sections that he had already passed. He walked towards the person as he waited for a reply. If they continued to talk from that distance, the echoes would sooner or later become really annoying. Grey wondered how this person ended up here. Hopefully, this guy was not lost like he was. If Grey was lucky, this guy could lead his way out. However, he knew for a fact that strangers could not easily be trusted. But desperation dictates him that he had no other choice if he wanted to get out of here... especially that he had no idea how. Besides, persons that use ‘oy there!’ to greet someone don’t probably mean harm, right?.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:42 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

The figure responded and began walking toward him and Kaine picked up his pace. The man didn't sound dangerouse but he kept his hand near his weopon just in case. When he was close enough, Kaine eyed the man for a moment, making sure that there wasn't anything immediate to worry about. The robed man seemed to only be carrying a torch and staff with him. He didn't see anything particularly dangerous about the man so he decided a friendly approach might be more suitable.

"How migh' ye be doin' frien'?" He spoke in the local accent of the people where he found the drunk. He thought the accent a bit odd but it sounded friendly and put Kaine in a good mood, maybe it would have the same effect on this stranger. "An' wut migh' ye be doin' in this cave 'ere?....By the way...Ye ain't seen nuthin' odd in this place 'ave ye?" He didn't want to tell the man straight out what he was looking for but any information would help.

"Me name's Kaine by the way" He held out his hand in a friendly manner but paid close attention to the stranger, if he made any sudden aggressive movements, Kaine wanted to be ready for it. Then a thought struck him, even if the man turned out to be harmless, perhaps he could convince him to a challenge. A fight of course, but he hated to think that he came all this way just to explore a boring, mostly empty cave. At least this way he can convince himself that at least he got some training in and it wasn't as if the man were unarmed or anything. He waited for the response from the other to decide whether the fight would be a friendly one or not.

Kaine Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:24 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Grey picked up his pace until he was a few feet in front of the man. As he approached, he noticed the man eating a few pieces of dried meat. He felt his stomach grumble. His food supply was out; this man could give him food. However, as he went closer, he also noticed that the man's other hand was placed securely to his side. It was only when he was close enough that he saw it was some sort of weapon, a form of sword perhaps. He figured that if worse comes to worst, he wouldn't just easily knock out the man and take his food.

"How migh' ye be doin' frien? An' wut migh' ye be doin' in this cave 'ere?....By the way...Ye ain't seen nuthin' odd in this place 'ave ye?" <i>Well duh! We're in a freakin' underground cavern with glowing mushrooms... and there is a man greeting me here while I'm supposedly lost, I'd assume this ain't odd enough for you.</i> He kept his sarcasm inside his head to avoid trouble. The man's accent was like that of those beer bellied old men that usually hang out and spend most of their time in bars being merry, drinking to their hearts contents and getting into bar fights. "Me name's Kaine by the way"

The man extended out his hand in a formal greeting. Grey did so too and shook his hand. His grip was hard and he could feel the strength of his hands, probably from constant beer fights, he presumed. He let go, avoiding invading too much personal space.

"Errr, my name is Grey." He felt a bit awkward. A formal greeting in a maze of caves just didn't feel natural. "Odd, well, to tell you the truth, I'm a bit... lost." He felt that honesty was the best thing to do in such a situation. "I was walking, you see... then, the routes seemed to extend here and there and then I just... got lost. I was hoping you could tell me the way out... friend? How bout you? I'm assuming you're..." he paused for a second thinking of a good word to use, "sight seeing alone?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:17 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Yer name's Grey eh? He dropped the accent, it was beginning to get a bit silly. Pleasure to meet you. So your lost huh? Well lucky for you I do know the way out and would be delighted to show you the way...but first.. He reached for the sack with the food in it and handed it to Grey. You look like you havn't eaten in quite a bit so sit down and have a bite. He waited for Grey to sit down. Then before we head out how about we have ourselves a bit of fun? A fight...not to the death of course just something to do. Just seems like a big waste for me to have come all this way for nothin', even if the coincidence did help someone out of a bad situation. He walked over to the near wall and wedged the end of the torch into an opening in one of the walls.

As he waited for Grey to finish eating (or not eating as the case may be) he examined the floor, picking up and soon discarding a small rock here and there. He kept the last one, a particularly smooth looking stone, held in his left hand. When it appeared Grey was ready he waved his hand in a polite gesture. Whenever your ready to begin Kaine readied his rapier and decided to start this thing off whether Grey was ready to or not and took a few steps toward him before slashing at Grey's midsection. It wasn't anything fancy And to Kaine was a simple opening to see how his opponent would react.

Kaine Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:14 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Grey was right. The man wasn't a bad person. In fact, he was really kind. Grey almost cried with happiness when the man said he knew the way out and offered him food. He never knew such simple words could bring a man so much joy. He was even willing to give this man a hug. But he didn't, as it would be very embarrassing. He was speechless for a moment as the man offered him to sit down. Normally, people would get suspicious of such act of kindness. However, Grey had little experience of the outside world aside from his village and the snowy, isolated lands and knew only that charity and goodness exists in all being. Aside from that, he was desperate and had no other choice but to trust the man. He heard his stomach grumble. He placed his torch through an opening in the rocks on the floor, grabbed the food that the man offered, sat down and ate.

"Thank you." he said. "Thank you very much." as he munched off the food. He would’ve said more but the man started talking.

"Then before we head out how about we have ourselves a bit of fun?" Grey listened as he continued to eat. "A fight...not to the death of course just something to do. Just seems like a big waste for me to have come all this way for nothin', even if the coincidence did help someone out of a bad situation."

His mouth was occupied so Grey just nodded at the thought, as if saying ok.

A fight would be good. He had helped him so much. The least he could do for this Good Samaritan was grant such a simple request. Besides, it wasn't to the death so he did not worry and thought ‘what could possibly go wrong?’. At times on his village, he would get into a few rough fights so a brawl from time to time should be good. On top of that, he had done nothing but walk for the past few days and this could help stretch up a few muscles.

He ate his food quickly, placing more in his mouth than he could chew as the man stood up to prepare for the fight. Kaine started to sweep small rocks on the floor then placed his torch onto the side for light. Avoiding being rude to his opponent, Grey placed the rest of his food in his mouth and stood up, taking his staff in front of him holding it with his right hand as his left hand signaled to Kaine to give him a quick minuet to finish masticating the food that filled his mouth.

"Whenever your ready to begin." He felt a bit rude that his opponent had to wait.

Then, taking out his rapier, Kaine decided to start. Taking a few steps forward, he swung his blade towards Grey's midsection. A bit startled, Grey jumped back. His refined reflexes allowed him to react much quicker to the opponent's attack [Reflexes]. His left hand quickly moved to hold his staff, a foot from the right, and swung it to parry the incoming blade [Staff Mastery]. He landed on his left foot at the back and right foot in front to strengthen the core of his balance. The two weapons collided, the dragon-tooth staff somehow able to withstand the force of the rapier.

"Wait." Grey said as he chew the rest of the food in his mouth and swallowed everything down his stomach. He smiled. This was going to be fun, he thought. "Ok, now I’m ready."

Taking a quick step forward, he thrust his staff forward, attempting a piercing attack against Kaine's chest with the blunt end of the staff.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:57 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Grey was quick to his feet and and parried Kaine's attack while quickly balancing himself even though he seemed to be surprised by the attack. Kaine waited for the man to finish chewing his food before he announced his readiness. It seems I started a moment too early, guess I'm just too escitable. Kaine laughed partly at the thought of having a bit of fun and partly out personal embarrassment. Not that he had anything to be embarrassed about, just he didn't want to give wrong impressions.

Grey took a step forward and thrust his staff at Kaine's chest. Kaine sidestepped to the right to avoid the incoming attack while taking a step toward Grey. He wondered what kind of style this man fought with, obviously he faught with a staff but most people had their own touch to the way things are done. As for Kaine, he had seen plenty of other duelists and they seemed to prefer staying a bit farther away from thier opponents, the whole 'let them come to you' sort of method. That was well and good, but Kaine preferred to stay in his opponent's face, it made him feel more in control, and besides that it was more fun. As he stepped forward he brought his left hand that still held the stone and tightened his fist as he aimed a punch for Grey's midsection. He hoped his opponent wan't more armored than he looked or this might hurt.

Kaine Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:08 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Illumination from dancing orange flames, for a moment, revealed green eyes of a duelist as Grey moved forward for the strike. It looked odd, Grey thought, but dismissed the data and left it as a question to be asked when this battle would be over.

With a quick sidestep to the right, Kaine easily avoided the strike. He was fast, smooth in his movements. No doubt, this man was no stranger to fighting. What capabilities he had was not something to be taken lightly. Still, Grey had confidence in his own ability - it was the only thing that he had to rely on after all. He still believed in his mind that this was an opponent he could win against. At least, that was what he thought. His overconfidence would be the death of him.

A counter attack with his blade would happen, that was what Grey anticipated and he readied his staff for another parry.

It happened not as fast as one would think but sudden enough that it caught the mage off-guard. As Kaine side-stepped and moved forward, he shifted his weight to his left at the same time. Instead of using his rapier, he made a punch with his left arm towards Grey's midsection. Grey had been focusing on the rapier that he was surprised when Kaine was already too close for comfort and landed a clean punch to his stomach. His body reflexively responded, tightening the muscles of the stomach a split of a second before the point of impact. During that moment, that was all he could do.

Shit!

The punch hit with a strong enough force that made him clench his teeth and step back a few feet while at the same time loosing his breath. It was a clean, very lucky hit, he thought. Not leaving his eyes off his opponent, a small smile appeared from the side of his face. This opponent was stronger than he had previously thought, unpredictable even, with a few more tricks up his sleeves and with the guidance of lady luck by his side. This would not be a boring battle after all.

Before fully recuperating, his left hand swung behind his back while his right hand held the staff ready to take any incoming attacks. As his left hand moved, water particles from the air started to compress and harden as temperatures shifted on the small cupped space of his palm. After less than a second, a medium-sized ball of snow, also known as a snow ball, was formed in his left hand [Snowball]. A small light caught his eye thinking this would surprise his opponent. Then, his left hand shifted direction forward, with an added force and arm strength and speed. He threw the snowball towards the duelist aiming at the general direction of his trunk.

"Take that!"

As soon as the snowball left his hand, he shifted his weight forward and took a quick step with his right for his next attack.

Snowball - 3x left
Stress - 1/6
Stress relieved after 4 posts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:34 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Kaine smiled at the satisfying thud that his fist made against his opponent. As his opponent reeled backwards Kaine began to run toward his opponent to keep up the offensive. Grey's arm moved backwards as to throw something. Kaine wouldn't have been worried about it but something in Grey's hand caught his eye. Snow! There was no reason for snow to be in this cave nor was there any sign of it in the area. It had to be magic.

He was rather inexperienced with magic, sure he had read enough about it to recognize certain details and creating 'snowballs' certainly wasn't the extent of what one could accomplish with the ability. Not exactly sure what to do, Kaine stopped his run and jumped backwards and a little to the right in an effort to dodge what he hoped was just a magical projectile of sorts. It was probably just his imagination, buit he had read too much fantasy of magic to take it too lightly but he was at least pretty sure it wouldn't be anything catastrophic.

As he jumped back, Kaine threw the rock he had been holding in his left hand, aimed at his opponent's head. Unfortunately Kaine wasn't quick enough on the dodge and the snowball hit him on the left side of his torso. The blow itself was no worse than a punch but the cold stung a bit deep, biting into him. Kaine stopped for a moment to brush the snow off of him and attempt to temporarily warm up the hit location.

Magic I would assume Kaine smalled and laughed a bit, he would finally be able to see some magic during a fight. He straightened himself and waited to see if Grey would make the next move. He didn't want to rush into unknown territory too fast.

Kaine Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:58 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

There was an exchange of projectile objects thrown towards each other. One in particular was a snowball made from the palm of the mage's hand that was aimed at the other man's torso. The other object, a rock, was thrown by the "other man", a duelist, aimed towards the mage's head.

It was sudden reflex that moved Grey's body, especially his head, the second he saw an incoming rock [Reflexes]. It was small enough that he only needed a quick turn of his head and neck and a movement of his body to the side, his feet keeping him balance, to avoid the stone with a hairsbreadth. He then quickly moved his attention back to the man, and smirked at what he saw.

The snowball that he had made managed to hit the duelist on the side. The damage was not catastrophic. In fact, it wasn't meant to be. It was more of a statement - that he was not just any ordinary human. However, what really made a thrill in him was the fact that Kaine responded well with his attack, in a psychological sense. Kaine laughed a bit and this amused Grey. It showed that the duelist was not fazed by what Grey had shown, that he too also had more up his sleeves. This sent adrenaline pumping through his veins. He was thinking this would be a good fight.

Kaine had not attacked, signaling Grey to be the one to start the next move, the next round. Grey held his staff once again in front of him, right hand in the middle while the other slight on the back of staff. The dragon-tooth was diagonal, pointing upwards from the ground, the top end slightly with the level of Grey's head. He had his right foot forward while the other was placed behind. It was a baseline stance but sturdy nonetheless.

Grey still felt a bit of dullness from the previous punch. However, it was no longer painful that it would interfere with what he would do next.

The attack was simple. He moved forward, a quick dash, but not too fast, still maintaining control to be able to shift movement just in case. Then, when he thought his opponent was within reach of his staff, he made a piercing attack towards the man's chest. The attack was simple, not all out. It was more likely used to assess the opponent rather than actually inflicting damage. He didn't want to rush things, not yet at least.

Stress - 1/6
Stress relieved after 3 posts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:38 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Kaine's rock was dodged by a simple cocking of one's head. Not that he expected the small rock to be the tide-turner or anything. His opponent seemed to have taken some enjoyment out of landing a blow with his snowball by the look on his face. But Kaine was not impressed...cautious maybe, but not impressed. He wont feel satisfied about his opponent until he saw what he was realy made of.

If you don't mind me asking.....

Grey had gotten his hint and readied his staff in what Kaine assumed was something of a basic stance. His opponent began to advance quickly, closing the distance between the two. When he got within weapon reach Grey used his staff in a thrusting attack. Kaine loved it when his opponents used moves like these. Even though they were ok for getting your opponent closer in a sense, they were too easy to avoid or counter in Kaine's opinion.

....What brought you here...

Kaine moved to the right a little while stepping forward, to avoid the attack while keeping Grey's weapon to his left. When he was near the base of the staff, Kaine grabbed hold of it with his left hand and pulled it as if to put it behind him to help him control his direction while helping keep the staff where he wanted it. Then he took his rapier and faced the butt of his sword toward his opponent while raising it even with the left side of his head. A he got in his opponent's face he attempted to bring the handle down upon Grey's face while trying to keep hold of his opponent's staff.

....in the first place? Just curious.

Kaine Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:40 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

well since grey has switched characters and this fight won't be going anywhere

I'm going to have to call it here

what happens now?

Kaine Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:19 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

I just want to find out if i get anything for (technically) winning this battle

I'd hate to think that my first non-training battle ended with a 'sorry tough luck' I'm still feeling horrible for not getting a post up in time in the KoD (that'l teach me to give in to laziness and x-box)

Kaine Wolf