It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: A Bar and a Fight
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:18 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

He arrived at the town while the sun was tranquil at its peak. It was a busy village. Dust flew through the air, kicked by sturdy boots and strong legs. He could not help but notice wary eyes follow him as he strode along the rode. It could not be helped, he thought. A man carrying a scythe as he walked while the black hood covered his face was not a very pleasing sight.

But the town already saw its fare share trouble makers and mishaps, no longer giving much fuss over his presence. Only the stolen glances were given as the busy residents would go back to their routine.

He stopped, standing next to an old, nearly worn-out building with a ‘Tavern’ sign on the side. He took three steps of stairs. Pushing against the door, he stepped inside.

His face was blank. His eyes however, remained inquisitive. There was a moment of silence when he walked into the bar and the heads of the patrons turned all together in an almost harmonic way. Their stares where piercing, though even. Perhaps carrying a scythe while walking around did not bring much of a welcome, he thought. It was this early and already the local drunkards are coming in.

Ignoring the crowd, he walked towards the counter. The rest resumed what they were doing, deciding that leaving the man alone was the best thing to do.

"What can I get you today, good sir?" asked the bartender.

He sat at the chair and rested his scythe on the side. He looked at the man once then turned his head down, the hood covering his face.

"Water."

"Water?" The keeper looked a bit perplexed. It was not everyday that someone would walk inside a bar and order water.

"Water." He repeated, not bothering to turn his head to look at the man again.

"Then water it is." The bartender smiled a smile practiced through years of doing his job and dealing with different kinds of people. He no longer tried to push himself any further. If there was one thing that the residents here knew, it was that lone travelers with weapons are dangerous people. Aside from that, he already had enough trouble with the regular customers. He wanted a peaceful evening, at least. He walked back to the bar to get a glass of water.

Xyzen sat there, listening to the subtle whispers of conversation. Perhaps he could get a clue here. Maybe a word or a name would ring back a memory.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17682

Post subject: Re: A Bar and a Fight
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:29 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

The sun was high, why would a Drow be moving at this time, well one reason, he looked human with his face covered in some dusty rags that worked just fine as a full head mask. He feet paced down the dirt road, his feet leaving small marks in the dirt as he walked. He was known not to leave a trail and for good reason, but this wind soon blew over and covered the little marks he left anyways, other wise there would be no trail. He could see it rising in the distance, a town, well at least he could get some water maybe a little rest.

He entered the town as any stranger would, eye's following him as he walked down the empty path. Maybe it was cause he was new to town, maybe it was the dark purple hue of his skin that showed through here and there, or maybe it was the mask the covered and hide his whole face, who could tell, but he sure didn't care. He worked his way around the town, the sun's heat really starting to get to him in the mask, his heavier armor not much of a help either. What could make such a heat, he seemed to hate the sun the more and more he saw it, bring pain to his eyes at it's sight, and cursing him into the heat. But he saw salvation, a bar, they would have cold water, and that he would pay kindly for.

The dust blew up a little as he walked into the bar, his purple eyes seeking a seat, he wasn't worried where, just a seat. Here to they stared, maybe it was his Katana now that he thought about it, a sword did draw peoples eyes. He seated himself two seats down from a man who to had eyes on him as well, he was carrying a weapon, the curving blade of a scythe clearly sitting on his back. He placed his eyes to the man behind the bar, who looked to her, "What can i get you."

Ashten watched for a moment, his mouth hidden as he spoke, "Water, chill it if you can and I'll toss in some more money."

The bartender looked from him to and muttered, "Twice in one day."

This got Ashten brain thinking, about twice in one day what, but right now he was worried about getting the water and cooling off as it brought back is strength back, of course he wasn't all that weak, the heat just seemed to drain him. He was use to the cool dark caves of Underdark, and not the sun of the Overworld. The water slid before him, as he looked into it was a moment still thinking.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:36 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Silence.

Before Xyzen could enjoy a nice glass of cold water, the bar suddenly became silent, wary eyes turning to the door. Even he could not help but turn his head to look at who or what had arrived. Simple enough though, it was another traveler. It was nothing special, he thought, as he turned his head back. The man sat a couple of seats beside him though the summoner did not mind. However, he could not help but notice a sword for a weapon that the man carried and the mask that the man wore.

The water is taking too long, he thought. The bartender walked back to the bar and approached the man. Still, the water that he ordered was taking too long. Perhaps they had forgotten about his order. Perhaps the water supply in this town was scarce enough that getting a glass of water would take much time and effort for them. Or perhaps the bartender was taunting him for ordering nothing else but water.

"Water, chill it if you can and I'll toss in some more money." spoke the man, lips hidden through the shadows the covered his face.

Xyzen turned once again at the man. Why would he order water at a bar? Obviously, Xyzen was too much of a self-centered person that he did not care what others thought of him but noticed others on how they behaved according to the norms. He stood up from his chair, the water he ordered still not arriving.

The bar was silent.

He took a hold of his scythe with his right hand, eyes of the residents following his every move. Someone from the audience even gulped. Everyone thought a fight was about to come. He approached the new stranger with apathy on his face, taking slow, concise steps. Stopping a few feet from the man, he looked him down (from his standing position). The air was, for a moment, on a standstill. None of customers said a word to break the stillness. None of them wanted to get involved in the fight.

The bartender was nervous. He could not help but curse in silence, afraid that whatever noise he might make might break the sudden pause and cause mayhem to his humble bar. 'Why do I always get the trouble makers? Was I taking too long in handing him the water? Shit! Shit! What is up today with people ordering water?' A bead of sweat ran down his face but he was too afraid to wipe it.

Xyzen look at the man directly, deep dark eyes staring at whatever hue the man possessed, drilling deep trying to figure out the creature in front of him.

"Do you know me?" he asked in a firm voice.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:14 am 
Initiated
Initiated

Ashten was surprised when the room fell quiet again, what could be happening now. He caught the flash of a blade out of the corner of his eye. He made no move yet, after all, it could be draw at someone besides himself. That was soon shattered as he locked eye's with the man, his purple eyes glowing a little from under his mask.

"Do you know me?" Those words crossed the mans unseen lips as he looked to the drow's eyes, he voice more of a demand then that of a question, but he'd grown use to it. Underdark wasn't a kind place.

He turned his body to the man, his hand set to his hilt, no one could tell him if this would go south, so he needed to be ready. He didn't need to look the man over,he never meant any human, thus he couldn't know this man. He looked into the darkness of the hood, and saw what he needed to, what better use of his perfect Dark vision. He reached his hand over to the cup of water, and lifted it as he dropped the cover from his chin, he purple skin showing through clearly, "I don't know you."

That was all he needed to say on the topic, he couldn't have know him, but his newly shown chin, brought small gasps from the onlookers. He wasn't human and they just figured out why, he was drow, a race of the dark and famed for their close ranged fighting, he wasn't using it as a threat, he was just getting as drink, as he started to sip from his cup that he had gotten almost right away.

Still, he needed to be ready for anything, and thus got himself ready, his feet ready to roll, the best way was to run forward and get under the attack, then slam himself into the foe, but he would have to see, he wasn't ready just to do that, but he was thinking it the most likely course of action for this man, his anger seemed to be up and thus, he would go to a kill attack right away.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:49 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Everybody held their breaths, waiting for the reply. Some even readied themselves, searching the area for a quick escape for their lives should something bad escalate. The others were eager enough to look at what would be a great fight, though they were not brave enough to get involved in the fight themselves.

"I don't know you." replied the man, breaking the standstill. He reached out for his glass of water. Xyzen turned to the bartender with piercing eyes. He was first to order but he has yet to receive his glass of water. The bartender was shaken, understanding what the summoner want. Hurriedly, and with shaking hands, he prepared the order 'Shit! That glass was supposed to be for the man with the scythe! Now I'm in trouble!'

The man gulped his beverage, straight through, chin showing as if he did not want to be bothered by Xyzen's existence. Purple skin with purple eyes that said 'don't question me any further' intimidated him. Clearly he was not human, though this did not bother the summoner much. The summoner however, did not enjoy his arrogance. He acted as though he was more superior because he had purple skin and purple eyes. Aside from that, it seemed that the man was avoiding the question altogether. Is he hiding something? Is he lying? Surely he did not know the man. But to act in such a manner to another person who was just clearly asking a simple question, it only meant, for the summoner, that this man, or whatever he was, was not being totally honest. He raised an eyebrow.

He was about to ask another question when the bartender interrupted him.

"He-e-ere's you're glasss ssir. Ssorry for the wait." the man was reaching out his hand, shaking, almost spilling water out from the cup.

"Thank you." The summoner replied.

The glass was about to be handed. Xyzen's hand just barely took hold of the glass when the bartender's shakiness made it slip and the filled glass of water fell from his hands, towards the drow - the water directly towards the drow. The glass broke as it hit the floor. However, that damage would be nothing compared to what would happen with the 'other customer'.

Simple enough, it was the bartender's fault. However, Xyzen had already, although barely, touched the glass last. To the onlookers, it looked as though he was the one that threw water to the drow. Maybe he had his own motives. Maybe he did not like him. Maybe he was just being an asshole. – these things ran through the people's minds as they knew that something was about to happen.

A simple misunderstanding - that was all that was. A simple misunderstanding that would lead to grave consequences.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:34 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

Ashten wasn’t sure what had this guy in knots, he was a passer through, a Drow of the unwanted kind and yet this man seemed lead on with the illusion that he knew him. Ashten couldn’t say he was sorry because he wasn’t, he didn’t care at all one way or the other if this man knew of himself or not, and yet those eyes. He did think much of them, and then it happened.

A simple spill of the water, tip of the glass, covering his masked face and torso in water. Well. he wasn’t pleased with this, not to say he could do something yet, it was a spill, not that it pleased him. He removed the mask as it dripped water onto the floor as he set it there, his purple eyes looking to both of the men. He didn’t care whose fault it was, someone’s mouth should be speaking those words of being sorry, and yet it lay dead quiet, not a soul in the room moved as both men faced each other.

Ashten came to his feet as he looked to the hooded faced of the other. He was wondering how he would clear the room, if he wanted to, but the room started to empty on its own, it was like they feared the fight more then the blades. The Deep purple eyes burned within their sockets, starring, and thinking of the right course of action. His right hand set on the hilt of his blade, the scabbard gleaming in the light of day as it bounced a little with the wind.

It flashed sharply as he withdrew the blade, impaling it the other man’s throat, blood slowly dripping as the bartender fell, “I think that teaches him for being slow, and spilling water on me, and I was thinking that you like talking not as much before others, Am I right in that statement?”
Ashten returned the blood covered blade to its scabbard, he would not keep his blade drawn on someone that was not attacking him or causing trouble, even though he was. The poly would hopefully run its course right, he didn’t like killing the man, but even sign from his body showed that he enjoyed killing, enjoyed letting his blade cut into flesh as his eyes showed a small craving for more, but he would not.

The room sat dead, still and empty as the two men stared each other down, thinking, and weighing options. Ashten felt that a fight was moments away, and stood ready for it, he wasn’t the type to let his opponent land the first blow.

(Fixed it^^, sorry about the wait)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:38 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

In one fluid mastered motion, the silver blade escaped the scabbard and hissed through the air, a reaper to end a life.

Xyzen jumped back, purely by instinct. However, the man’s kiss of death was not for him but for the local whom lady luck had turned her back upon. In as simple as that, it had cost him his life.

The summoner winced. Clearly, he was not pleased with purple wraith's actions. Who was he to take a defenseless man’s life for just a simple mistake?

The room was nearly empty except for the few lingering eyes that wanted to witness the fight. The bartender’s warm corpse lay dead, soaking the wooden floor with blood. As easy as that, the samurai sheathed his bloody blade. No remorse. He simply did it because he could. Xyzen felt a growing anger for this man for two reasons - one, because he felt that the bartender's death was partly his fault and two, the samurai did not even gave the man a chance for his life.

He let the blade of his scythe run through the air, vertically in front of him, as if marking a hidden line of reach from where his blade could decapitate a person's head. At the same time, as the blade passed through empty space, tiny ripples expanded from the air. He was opening a portal. However, what would come out was yet to be known. He rested his scythe on his right, hand holding the shaft, the blunt base on the floor and the blade pointing outward.

"I think he would not have learned anything because of what you did." He pointed at the corpse. His voice was still calm and firm, but displeased with a hint of anger. "I was merely asking a question. And what happened was merely an accident. You did not have to do that just because you can. It neither cost you a penny nor did it endanger your life. However, because of what you did, the latter may now be said."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:31 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

Ashten smiled softly to himself, fights thrill the Drow, his common nature driving that. He placed himself facing the other, “I don’t see it as a mistake of him, I was merely telling you to back off, I know not of you, nor do I wish to.” He softly with drew his blade, the blood left only on the tip, as his placed it in both of his hands, power and speed dwelling in his stance, “You see, I see it not as this mans fault that I had to remove my mask, but rather yours, he was dealt the punishment so that I didn’t have to continued this, I guess it was the wrong choice, but striking at you wouldn’t have worked either, you’re fast enough to block a small move as that.”

He was sure his words wouldn’t work at this point, it was lost to this man his logic, some would say that it was tainted with his past and it was true, he was still a drow weapons master at heart, and those that do wrong don’t get second changes. He slightly raised his blade as it shone in the light, “If you really must do this to please yourself, let us move else where, a town is no place to fight, or for that matter a bar.” He eye’s look back to the darkness of the man’s, “Can you live with that.”

It was simple, if they moved away time would shift, the sun might fall to a better choice of placement, the coolness may even set in. Also they both took displeasure in killing those that have no reason to die, so if that rip in the world was what he though tit was he would like that choice more. Magical knowledge was lacking in drows, but he knew all to well what that doorway was to, he’d seen it many times before. He found this to be a little different but he could see that it was a rip that would allow passage. He spun the blade softly in his hand and returned it to the Scabbard making a clicking noise as it closed shut and the wind kicked up the dust lightly blowing it the crack under the door, “So, truce till we leave this town?”

Ashten’s hand never left the hilt, he would not leave himself open to this man, he couldn’t trust that the man would go with him without action before hand, or for that matter turning his back to him while they walked, but he was a warrior of honor, he would trust those that called a truce for matters of importance. This seemed logical to him. The wind was dying outside as the room seemed all the more dead and quiet not that the wind wasn’t the only noise blowing around. He stood ready, the choice was the man’s, but he would be ready if it came to an attack now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:06 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Xyzen did not like the man; he did not like him at all. True enough, he made the point that he did not know who the summoner was. However, he did not have to go that far and kill an innocent man. He was however correct when he said that simple attacks like that wouldn't have harmed the summoner. It was too predictable. Surely, he had skill, but the summoner was not one to go down like that.

Then, the drow made an offer. They would go out of the town and find a better place to fight. He pointed that a town, or for this matter the bar, was no place for a fight. A truce, he said, until they would find such a place to fight.

But anger already wrapped its arms around the summoner. He no longer felt moving out. He did not want to reserve his feelings. He wanted to fight this man now. He wanted to show this man what it feels like to be on the receiving end of being preyed. The swordsman had already spilled blood with neither mercy nor remorse. It would not be a reason of his to leave just to satisfying a conscience' whispers of harming other citizens. What else could be his reason that he wanted to leave a place and prolong the bloodlust? Perhaps, Xyzen concluded, it was some weird perverted fetish. In any case, he did not like the idea.

The bar itself was enough. The fight would commence here whether the drow liked it or not, and he would not go out unharmed.

"No." he spoke with his firm voice, at the same time tapping the blunt end of his scythe to the ground and making a dull sound.

[Roggle]

From the ground where the base of the scythe hit, ripples started to form outward, as if the floor became soft and liquid. Then, as he lifted his scythe and move a step back, a creature, as if raised from the ground, jumped out.

Its fur was white as snow, its eyes red as blood, and its claws sharp as blades. It landed in front of the summoner facing the drow. It hissed. For the most part, it looked like a rabbit bred and mutated for killing. Its teeth and claws protruded, unexpectedly large for their size. Invisible chains formed around its heart, making it subject to the summoner’s whim. It waited for its master’s instructions.

Xyzen watched the reaction of the purple skinned drow. Then, with a mental command [Mental Link], he ordered his roggle to circle upon his opponent, stalking the man like a beast waiting for a chance to attack the prey.

The bar was already cleared of the customers, except for the few eyes that peeped at the windows and various holes from the outside. It gave his summons a batter space to roam around. The roggle kept a fare distance between it and the drow, enough that attacks could be seen while a dash to close the distance could easily be made by the creature, around 6 or 7 feet. It would move to the drow’s (left) side and would wait for further instructions by its master, probably to wait for an opening and strike.

The summoner’s face gave no expression as he waited for the drow to do the first move.

"I will not let you leave here unharmed."

[Roggle (3x left) - 1: 2ss]
[Spirit Shackles left: 18]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:33 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

Ashten could see it within the man’s eyes, it seemed that anger now flooded him as his own race seemed to do very often. Of course he now found that this would be different then his normal fights, he would be fighting two on one, not the he hadn’t been ready for such an idea, but to face something so small and quick could prove to be a problem. [Calm mind] His muscles relaxed his breathing slowed and his mind focused as he drew in everything around him, he had choices, quite a few, but action without thought would prove to be his own down fall, like it had once before. He mind found now need to speak, eyes ever watching as the air tensed.

The small animal seemed to know what his master wanted, this meant that he wouldn’t need to communicate with that animal, which could prove to be a problem within itself. The creature itself seemed to be an easy kill if done right, but it was lean, it could be far faster then it appeared. The wind whistled by as his deep purple eyes continued to look between them, his action was to be the first it appeared, and he would take his time in that choice.

Ashten would need to get them both thinking at the same time it seemed, remove the change that two could speak together, this would prove to be a small challenge, but if done right there were a few ways to do it. Next was the target, should he remove the master or the pet, if e could call one, maybe he would cal another next time, but he could use the same trick next time as well.

Ashten pulled softly on the hilt of his blade, drawing out the swords gleaming edge, and placed it within both hands. He watched the man and the animal as he started his plan, mind ever calm as he moved. It was a quick upper slash through a bar stool, something that would seem pointless as the two piece came up into the air. But this would be set aside quickly as he kicked the back side of them both, send one at the man, another at the little creature. With his distraction set, he followed up.

[Light Feet] Ashten was fast too, closing the distance quickly behind the bar stool as his blade reaped a swift upper cut at the animal, it was easy for it to break the stool, but for it to see behind it, at the blade the would reap it life in a moment was not likely, and with it’s master focused on the other half, it would prove to end the animal quickly, or so he hoped. To better the chances of this he made sure to move with the best use of the shadows of the room, using them to cover his movements forward, it would prove that there would be many chances to be seen as he went, but he would also appear not to be there. He didn’t know how well this would work, but what else was there for him to do at the moment.

He knew even if he killed the animal he would need to take another stance quickly and as he blade reaped by so did he, quickly turning fully about as he slid backwards to a stop, on his toes, as he ready for an attack. His eyes shifted a little in the light, as the fires of battle burned in them, the crowd seemed to like watching, but scared of these men they all were. He placed his blade into his right hand, setting his left on the top of his scabbard, this would allow for him to swing it below him in defense of a low attack.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:39 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The man made his move. Drawing out his sword, he slashed a bar stool in two then kicked it, one towards the summoner and the other half towards the newly summoned creature.

Weak... he thought as he kicked against the incoming bar stool with his feet, not bothering to use his scythe. It stopped the wooden projectile in its tracks and pushed it back towards the floor. However, Xyzen had underestimated his opponent too much that he did not expect to have that much impact with the stool. The awkward position, and the lack of a base to hit, caused a few hits on his shins and feet. It was however, a minor damage and not significant enough that would render his right foot useless - a minor trauma that would otherwise recover in a few seconds.

The amount of time between the attack was enough for Xyzen to see what the drow was about to do with the roggle.

A simple mental command [Mental Link] ordered his summon to avoid the stool, and later the drow. Engaging his opponent now would prove meaningless as the summoner had other plans in mind.

The roggle twisted its body and jumped to the side, easily avoiding the stool. At the same time, it turned backwards, running under the tables as he tried to flee from the incoming samurai. The drow was fast, true, but the roggle's agility and height made it easier to maneuver under the tables and chairs that would otherwise, hinder its attacker. It would keep a variable distance and if possible, keep running around the bar until its master would command it to stop. It moved to the right, leading the samurai away from its master. The blade would not(yet) reach the rabbit-like creature.

It was then, when the drow’s attentiong was drawn away from the summoner that another being from another world was called.

[Ulvaria]

The previously opened portal turned and swirled once again to summon another creature into the battlefield. This time however, it took a stronger puppet into its command.

The ground from below seemed to suck the wooden floor of the bar. A few loose chairs and tables close by slowly slipped towards the void that formed in the ground. Beer, glasses, even the blood from the corpse slowly slithered their way to the void. Something was being formed in front of the summoner.

Xyzen took another few steps back to let its creature take form. The drow would regret ever crossing his path.

[Ulvaria (1x left) - 1: 10ss] (2 posts to form physical body)
[Roggle (3x left) - 1: 2ss]
[Spirit Shackles left: 8]