It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ruined (NTWxNuncia)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:44 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Quote:
Beautiful foliage, deep greens accented by the lighter tones below gave way to ancient trees ringing the clearing, if it a clearing you would call it. For even as the trees had receded beyond a point, they still took over the area with roots and vines clung to broken statues and columns. The forest floor devoured the great stones that were once the stepping stones to a great shrine, now a shrine to the trees it merged with. Hapless columns lay broken along the clearing as roots twined around the few whose base still stands. This was once a place of worship-- of Dryads and Elves coming to praise the wood and the land for its givings-- yet now with time and abandon, the forest has reclaimed it.

In its glory, the shrine had been simple; a circular pad raised from the forest floor by white stones crafted by the elves, columns encircling as statues of dryads and nymphs led the way along the path of stone. In the center of this shrine had been a table of sorts, where a branch of the great Yggdrasill tree had been brought by the travelers of the other realms, as well as a great statue of the elven goddess of the wood. Now the path lay broken under roots of ancient trees that retook their place, vines spanning from the undergrowth to wrap around columns now tumbled to lay their final resting place, the statues crumbled and fallen with war and age, even the great statue of the Goddess crumbled to have no likeness akin to its original purpose. Not even the pedestal of the great branch lasted the test of time, the branch itself gone from some misfortune, the table itself broken and crumbled as the pad beneath it crumbled as well.

Time had left it to its ruin, as those who worshiped failed to return.

Another forest, another adventure... More like another forest, another way to get myself killed... You'd think I would learn by now, that everyone travels through forests nowadays, and no one likes to be attacked for a reason they find to be nothing to them. Don't people understand, when I claim something, it is mine and mine alone, save for the animals that share the land? Stupid people. Its not I who should learn, but them. If they set one foot in Tilith, it would be their last step surly. Now, what in the world do we have here?

Her inner musings came to a stop as she came upon the clearing, marveling mostly at the display of once proud white stone now covered in thick vines and gnarled tree roots. Yet even in its ruin she found beauty in it. She had heard of such shrines before, in her home realm, yet never had she actually seen one with her own eyes. She took in the entire clearing as she stepped slowly into the scared grounds, looking up at the blue sky between the towering ancient trees before returning her gaze to what was before her. She strode slowly towards the great shrine, treading the path that had not been walked on for many years, stepping over and around fallen columns and vines as she made her way towards the dilapidated shrine.

"What marvels had you seen? What gave you this fate? Why do they create such beauty, and then lay it to waste?" she asked no one in particular, as she bent to pick up a hand of a statue that lay at her feet. She had traveled through dense forest to come to this place she didn't even knew existed, feeling a pull from deep within to come here. And now she stood, wonder and sadness both within her eyes. She set the nymphs hand down gently as she stood in her place, a gentle breeze from above the trees whirling down to let her whip of hair sway gently, her eyes closing as if having a gentle caress.

These are sacred lands I have found. And I will be damned if I don't figure out exactly what they worshiped here, if not the very forest itself.

A slight sound from behind her made her whirl around as birds took flight from the trees. She readied herself, crouching low with her kris drawn, her left hand to the ground as her right held her weapon straight out to her side. "Who dares trespass in these lands!" she called out to the figure that was slowly approaching from the shadow of the trees.

Post subject: Re: Ruined (NTWxNuncia)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:31 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Unnatural and stern form cut a startling difference among the colors of time-formed browns, the richest greens and the glimmers of a cyan sky in the distance. The foliage was so thick and wild, the shifts of the leaves captured the glimmer of an emerald with a perfection only time could create. Trunks large enough to hold a handful of people within their width towered and held strong against the breath of wind which had picked up their leaves in a rain-like song. A beautiful symphony that it was, her rhythmic gait slowed to a stop at the sound of a voice as it wound its way through the song she was so absorbed in.

With the serene fog of distance masking the outer limits of her vision in mystery, it was a quiet path through the trees she took until from beneath a shadow she found the woman. The breeze picked at both of them, swaying tickling bangs across a soft jawline and peach colored cheeks. Why do they create such beauty, and then lay it to waste?, she'd asked out loud. If only they could both find the answer to such an innocent question.

Reverence was defined in each step she took, in the way she gently replaced the stone instead of dropping it and in the way she clearly defended a place that was long forgotten by many but held dear by few. With memories of a time when she'd, too, defended her own sacred kind of space, Stella ventured forward. The darkness of the shadows released her slowly, the tips of boots followed by the rest of her mono-colored body. Emerald and cream dappled spots flicked this way and that over gray armor and yellow locks that emerged, a kaleidoscope of life passing over the otherwise lifeless and stoic face where only molten gold hues gave forth the curiosity and calmness she felt. The last end of her messy ponytail swayed out from the treeline, leaving her in full view of the scantly clothed and cautious female.

Right glove holding lightly the hilt of her weapon where it rest at her belt, the samurai glanced briefly at the platform and ruined area before returning her gaze to the woman's face. A small bow bent her head and upper body briefly before she spoke, the dulcet tones quiet as she gave forth without hesitation her response. “Sutera Sasaki.”

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:28 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The woman appeared from the shadows of the trees, her steps soft with the foliage beneath her boots. With a golden length of hair following behind her giving contrast to the otherwise bland coloring of her clothing and armor, she stood with a blank face and a hand at the hilt of her weapon. A bow of respect-- something that took the Sylvan a bit by surprise-- and the woman introduced herself in answering to the shifters demand;

“Sutera Sasaki.”

Nuncia dared not move from her crouched position, in case this respectable woman with the mask of a face proved dangerous to her or her new found place of peace. In a voice that was less aggressive than her earlier demand, she gave the woman the respect of knowing her opponent, and a slight inclination of her head to respect the bow that was given to her.

"Sutera Sasaki, I am Nuncia Algos. I give you the chance now to turn back and leave this wood, or my hand will be forced to defend my territory. None shall trespass in this wood as long as I am within, and that is my final word."

Watching the swords-woman carefully for any sign of aggression, the only indication that she could see for a fight was the woman's hand on the hilt of her sword. Nothing of her mask like face gave way to anything she thought, or planned. It was discerning at best for the Sylvan, since her observations of her opponents were what she relied on most; seeing that shift in footing, the twitch of irritation in the face, the glare of an eye... anything to give her the edge.

This human is like the statues of this very place; expressions frozen over time to leave a mask of serene indifference to the world around them. I don't understand how one can be as a statue and move and live. To live is to feel... I wonder if this woman even understands my stand on this, if she even understands the magnitude of this place for me...

Her position shifted a little to give her a more aggressive position, readying herself for the expected disapproval that most had towards her claiming and protecting her territory-- she moved her right leg back a little, to give a better push off from her crouch, her kris shifting holds to a back handed hold, the blade resting along her forearm instead of being held normally, her weight shifting to her right foot to prepare for the imminent aggression she came to expect from strangers. A gentle breeze moved over her, both calming her and making her apprehension worse as the leaves rustled around her, the birds resuming their spectating seats among the branches. Everything seemed to wait for the woman to act, whether it be one way or another.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:01 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The declaration of owning territory within something everyone used or passed through was such an intangible concept. With no feelings of disapproval or confusion, the samurai could only feel pity as she looked over the aggressive woman before her who moved to more ready herself. Somewhere within she subdued a smile, recognizing the shifts in stature and wondering if she planned on lunging herself forward towards an armed and armored samurai. It wouldn't have been unheard of. So gently her head tilted to the right, watchful and silent as ever. The elf though stayed where she was, making all of this a bit easier than it could have been. They were but two pieces on the board, still and waiting for the other's move.

There was a certain childlike affinity to this woman though that the woman couldn't ignore. Not in looks or appearance, made obvious by her bared chest, but in thought, which was more dangerous. How could one live so disassociated with the common law and the way people did things? A disturbing notion, to be sure, and Stella took the words spoken with as much seriousness as she felt was right in this situation. If Nuncia Algos wanted the desolated and forgotten shrine all to herself, then she would have it.

Perhaps it was just the way some elves did things.

Within this wood was a path, though, one which was taking her onwards to her destination. A path Stella would continue on, as well. Gazing into the orange hues for a moment more, she offered the most she could manage to someone she so pitied and wondered about: another bow of her head. The ruins were given another thoughtful glance over. Another mark on the ever shrinking map that was this land, another bit of darkness and shadows discovered and with a turn and couple steps to the side, the samurai disappeared once more into that which she'd emerged from to leave the speckled and half naked woman to herself.

Without any way to mask the fact and noise she was continuing the way she'd come and not turning back as she'd been warned, the trees were given more attention for their ability to hide possible people or dangers. A fluid pull and with the Rain Camellia free as it was meant to be from her side, her boots found purchase again and again as she returned not to her carefree gait, but a more cautious one with the sheathed katana swinging at her right.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:39 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

With another bow, after what seemed to be an observing moment and a slight cock of her head, the sword-woman turned to leave, seemingly to take to elf's threat and turning tail. That in and of itself should have made Nuncia happy; finally someone had listened to her. Yet there was an unnerved feeling that she had that the woman was not leaving to adhere to the Sylvan's threat, but because it was not worthy enough for her to fight for the path she had started to. Raising her hackles slightly as the thought crossed her mind, she lunged after the woman, intent on showing her just how much of an obstacle she could be, how worthy of an opponent she could be, even though the noh masked woman gave no reasoning behind this anger, indignity. It seemed that more an more the wood elf was finding that even the smallest thing was setting her off in a fury, and as discerning as it was, it was also exhilarating, to throw ones self into fights to see the matching of power between them.

She launched from her crouch on the ruined shrine's path, using roots and vines as stepping stones to jump onto a standing ruined column and follow the woman in the trees, her kris in her right hand as she tracked the woman. Cautious steps and a drawn weapon met her as she dropped from the tree to the path, using the downward push of gravity on her legs to give her more of a push as she made a headlong attack at the woman, aiming for a slash to her back as the sword swung free from the sheath. Her footsteps were light from years of tracking animals and even her landing on the ground seemed muffled from the undergrowth that seemed to suck the impact from the air in a breeze.

No one mocks me. I want to see you angry, anything but that mask. I want to see emotion, I want you to show me that you're not so high on your pedestal that everything is below your emotion! That mask... I want to knock it off your face!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:20 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Caution serving her well, Sutera turned her head at the sound of the trees and their unnatural shifts to find the elf coming down from the towering colors she mixed so well with. The landing was near silent, even with the strain of her enhanced hearing. [Uncommon Hearing] Most unlike those of other races she'd fought against, the elf seemed to possess quite a knack for the silent and graceful movements at their current place; likely she wouldn't be tripping this one into a pond.

Do all elves start off in wretched moods?

Out from the center of her left gloved hand she unlocked and released the jewel within it from its confines. The longer hilt for those who used two hands upon it materialized within her left before the rest came into being. Jagged forks of gold split and joined, darting in an erratic fashion that suit the nature of the magical gem well enough that without the mastered control of it she had, injuries might've surfaced. [The Swords of Damocles (Kohryu's Talons)]

Weight shifting, the samurai poured the rest of her attention into the attack coming her way and spun her way into a graceful counter-clockwise spin to meet her while the lighning jewel finished its transformation out of sight, her body between the elf and the change.

Quickly it formed past the circular guard, its blade length of nearly two and a half feet matching the one at her right. A metallic sheen upon its surface in the right light gave hints to the material of compacted mana upon the gold colored weapon, its sharpened edge turned towards Nuncia as she swung it quickly and diagonally with her turn. A dazzling array of sparks seemed to be in a constantly renewing tumble off of the edges, harmless in their fall and release from the unexpected use of its power. Flitting free of the weapon, they died their short lives a mere half-inch away from its mana-slicked surface and flickered out of existence like ashes from a bonfire.

A graceful and predatory use of one’s momentum was used to throw the elf at the samurai, her swiftness pushing her forward as she finished the pivot used to meet the slash with a block. The electrical charge held within the katana would likely only be noticed upon the two weapons touching and the shock that came with it, but Stella didn’t pause to consider the reaction upon such a meeting, no matter how unfamiliar an elf likely contained to the elements might be of it or its source. Instead she completed her turn with her right hand following at a lower level, aimed at a horizontal slash of her own across the lower abdominals. It was done in the same way as before...

Quote:
From between blood coated fingers there were sights of smooth, bunched up things pressing heavily against the pressure he applied to his own body, weight pushing his knees into the rain soaked ground as his eyes, once so full of scorn and a hint of blackmail, turned up to her. The pain and fear extinguished what had once been in that gaze until the only thing he could mutter was a plea for help. The things he kept trying to keep in himself, his very organs, seemed to be winning the battle and there was no mercy in the places he was searching. He, who had hinted that the only reason she had power and position was a relationship, downed by a slash that gave him reason to believe perhaps that wasn’t the case. Oh god, she’s going to let me die.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:38 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

She grinned as her slash was met with a block, the sparks flying from the blade unnatural, tendrils of electricity following up the blades as they met and glanced off one another. The Sylvan had little time to ponder this though, as a slash aimed well at her abdomen followed swiftly as the woman's spin lent her the speed of the attack. It was enough for her to manage a leap backwards, the blade grazing along her exposed flesh, a bloodied line appearing as she grasped the wound with her free hand. The wound itself was not deep, but enough to cause discomfort in any movement she made. With practice, she put aside her pain for the task at hand, aware of the blood slowly trickling, but unfazed by it as she removed her hand to lick some of the blood from her hand.

"Why do you show no emotion on your face. You are as the statues, unmoving in your expressions. Show me how you feel, Sutera, and fight me with that emotion!" It was unnerving to a fighter that was so observational in her ways to have an opponent that showed no indications of actions, a skilled fighter obviously, yet the mask over her face did nothing to help the elf understand what gave this woman her power; all those she had fought before had shown their reasons in their actions, their expressions, their strikes and blocks, and by that she could find the reason behind their actions, the looks in their eyes, their purpose in this realm. But this woman gave no such hints, no such information.

With a quick glance at the sword crackling with lightning in one hand and another more normal looking sword in her other, she figured it would be best to avoid the lightning rod-- even when their swords had clashed, she had felt the smallest of zaps from the blade, and knew that if the blade was to touch her skin to blade that it would be more unpleasant than the long scratch she currently had across her abdomen which stung no matter her ignorance. Crouching again in her three-legged pose, she curled her lip at the woman. With a last thought she launched herself the few feet in a quick movement, shifting in a blink in mid stride to her ram form, planning on striking the woman in the knees at least with her horns, hoping to incapacitate her to gain the upper hand since she obviously was overpowered compared to the Sylvan. With the speed she was going at, and the closed spaces between the trees, dodging would be hard for either one of them and the results of this attack would vary depending on the variable the woman possessed. Even in the ram form there was a gash on her underbelly, hidden under her body mass yet still very much there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transformation used
-- Ram

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:41 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Crimson crept forth from the cage of flesh which usually contained it so well, spilt and spreading across the speckled adversary whose expression at the point of contact was only a grin. Only a grin that spoke a thousand volumes while maintaining silence. The pain tolerance was an abrupt annoyance:  a mere touch to the cut and not a wince at the shocking properties that should’ve traveled katana to metal to body. The samurai could feel the power of the jewel herself but wordlessly and, still as ever, expressionlessly let it return to its rightful place at her left side, to be mirrored by the Rain Camellia on the right.

A certain kind of mind set was required to lick the blood off of one’s own hand while facing someone you were attacking but the elf was using, absentmindedly or on purpose, a tactic that did little to spook someone such as Stella. The samurai’s kind of revenge involved burying the heads of her parents’ killers at the feet of their graves. A little blood never hurt anybody as long as it was done in the right way and as far as she was concerned, the wood elf was asking for it. Just as she was outside she was inside; there was no desire to attack this woman but defend herself she would if she must.

Battered again by the questioning nature of Nuncia, the warrior hardly had time to form an answer within her mind before the elf was crouching down to the ground again. Last time there had been distance and as Stella took a step back to correct the change between this moment and the one preceding it, she knew the last thing she wanted was an emotional elf with a dagger rolling her around on the ground. Where the samurai kept everything so unnaturally hidden in her own form of discipline, she didn’t, and when that curve of a lip shifted in such an aggressive movement Stella was quick to pivot once more at the first sign of a jump. To the left she stepped and turned, making it safely with the speed boost from her agility. Scenery blurring into an expressionism painting where the greens overtook the large scores of neutrals, realism returned first to her mind while her arm swung in attack. [Trained Agility]

Spotted sunshine had lit itself across the mana blade, soaking it in the warmth of the day and twisting the golden and other unique colors into a constant change of one then the other. Back and forth they’d swung just as light and darkness fought amongst themselves. As blonde hair whispered across a smooth and calm face, the sections of her skirt twirled with the momentum and at some point during the turn she’d felt the difference that was the act of pulling energy into a substance such as mana itself. Invigorating and breath taking as it was, the surprise of the act matched the shock at what her eyes beheld. This wasn't just another sylvaan elf in much the same manner as she wasn't just another human. The energy mixed with the compacted mana until the harmless and cascading flecks brightened to that moment which she could feel up her arm.

Imprints of her boots pressed upwards as she finished her half circle of a turn and rebalanced herself, left arm finishing its swing as a beam of light exited the lightning katana. Some of its energy was expelled and transformed what was once just her normal spherical attack into a more powerful version as it was laced with the same properties of the sword itself. Aimed at the center of the foe moving away from her, she hoped to catch some part of the animal's body whether she turned to face her again either left or right. [Hikari Sori]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:27 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

With her head down, all she could do to watch the woman was keep track of her feet. As she charged at the expressionless woman, her feet did a neat twirl to avoid her charge, so she dug in her left foreleg into the soft earth spinning to the right, changing direction towards the woman again to continue a charge, her back end smashing into the trunk of a tree; however before she could take her first steps towards the woman, a blunt force hit her horns, making her stop. Her hip was throbbing, but it was only a slight throb, something she could work over for now, but the strike to the horns was odd, making her body tingle slightly.

She frowned for a second, wondering what could have hit her since the woman only seemed to have swords, no staff, and since her head was down she hadn't seen the attack itself. Giving her head a shake, her thick skull and horns meant for blunt force taking the blow in stride, she went to make a dash for those feet that seemed to hold a dancers grace. If she had been more in touch with outside customs, she would have been able to compare this to a bulls rush towards the red cape, but since she had no frame of reference she only became aggravated.

Now in her dash, she used her extra speed boost to hopefully hit her this time, her head lowered so her sight was limited to only her feet once again-- but her equilibrium seemed a little off, a slight disorientation coming over her as her direction was less centered on her target as she got closer and more aiming to her right. A slight navigation problem, but at the speed she was dashing at it wouldn't be easily noticed until it was too late.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Transformation used
-- Ram

Dashing Ram-- 1/2 uses

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:49 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Taking the hit in stride once more, a green rain of displaced leaves sprinkled down upon the area from the ram's abrupt turn. Minuscule wrinkles tightened around her eyes as she watched the shapeshifter injure herself in her haste unnecessarily. At this point the samurai couldn't help but wonder upon the irony that it wasn't she who was damaging or becoming a threat to the natural scenery which Nuncia was trying to protect, but the elf herself. But upon the many things wrong with the character in front of her who seemed to be stereotyping the warrior into a cookie cutter shape of destructive humans, she just counted it as another flaw. It was normal at least but this one wore so much out upon her sleeve.. er.. hooves. But there had been others who had done the same often enough, she remembered.

Quote:
"If you give me one more order you damned half-blood, I swear to the high heavens that I will spit you upon the end of my sword. I did not come of my own free will. I came because my master bade me to do it. Now either you shut up and let me work things my way, or you die. Take your pick."

The corner of her lip twitched then, both fondly remembering a foul temper from the past and noticing her lean forwards into the beginning of her charge. As human as she was and with a shortened lifespan compared to those of Nuncia's race, her memory wasn't so terrible that repeating an attack was going to increase the chances of it succeeding. Too used to fighting animals and not those with a tactical sense of things, perhaps. As it was, the moss and plant life at her feet sighed again in her quickened movement. A simple sidestep that put her out of the ram's line of sight completely; as the elf had used a tree to recklessly aid in her attack, she used it in her defense. To the ram's left she stepped once out of her way and the next to move behind the trunk of a tree, continuing around it so it would be an equal distance if Nuncia appeared from either left or right around it to chase. [Trained Agility]

“I've fought dead people more interesting than this.”

Feminine voice winding its way with the wind to the elf, the lack of attack on the warrior's part gave her time to plot and plan, eyes flickering around. Rolling her weight back against the unforgiving hardness of the bark, she turned to face it and began stepping backwards. Each move brought a wider scene to her vision. With the ruins at nine o'clock and the elf somewhere at noon, she listened carefully for anything as Stella was belatedly unsure of the speaking abilities of the other while transformed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:22 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

“I've fought dead people more interesting than this.”

With her head down once again, she only saw the woman step aside in a blur of motion leaving nothing but the ferns and undergrowth as a vision to her, and too late did the roots of the tree in which the woman sidestepped behind come into view. Bracing for the inevitable, she hit the tree with enough force to shake leaves free once again, backing away to see a set of curved dents in the bark that matched the horns adorning her head.

The impact doing next to nothing at all to her standing, since rams were built to withstand serious impacts to the noggin, her step back wasn't one of dazedness, but rather more of one of disbelief-- fighting the dead? She shifted out of her ram form, figuring this was almost futile with the amount of cover given in the woods, and in her crouch with her kris still in her right hand, she looked at the tree where she knew her adversary was waiting for her.

"How can you fight the dead? They are dead, have no fight left in them. I assure you I'm much more than dead, that much will be proven yet..." she growled, climbing up the tree that stood between them with a decent amount of speed, considering this was her home; a fish swims better than any in the ocean, just like a Sylvaan is in their element in the wood. As she got to the lower branches of the tree, hoisting herself up and crouching within the coverage of the leaves, she slowly circled the tree to the right, using the branches to aide her movement by grabbing and stepping with a practiced grace. Below her she could make out the woman, poised and ready for her attack, if not aware of her ascent into the canopy.

Having separated herself from the trunk of the tree, Sutera was on the lookout for anything that could give her opponents location, the ruins visible through the trees to her trained eyes, just off to the right of the elf's position. A slight grin took her as she watched her opponent, having spoken while she was still below the tree, and now silent as to keep her current location secret. Her weight did little to bend the boughs of the ancient tree, which unfortunately now had scars of her own battles engraved into it. But the trees were only spectators to what happened around them, so a few scars would do nothing to them, except keep the record through the ages.

Stalking her prey, she waited for the opportune moment to strike, her hip aching slightly from the impact of the tree during her turn, but such a simple feeling could be ignored. What bothered her was the still bleeding scratch along her gut, which now crusted with dried blood was more than a sting with every movement she made, the scraping of her body against the tree while climbing enough to start the flow anew. A quick touch to it made the lines around her eyes tighten as a new sting washed over her nerves. It may scar, but if it does, its only one more to add. The spirits know I have enough of them, but if this be another test by them, then so be it. I will show this masked woman the wrath of the animals, in all their unasked fury!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transformation used
-- Ram (1/1 use)
Dashing Ram-- (1/2 uses)

Cooldown (1/2 posts)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:56 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

A conundrum of naivety surrounded and permeated the entirety of this being, weaving small intricacies and mystery into that which described her. That voice did respond to the bait so carefully laid out before the elf, a soft silence of quiet footsteps and silken locks trailing against leather armor playing itself out between them as the warrior thought of a response.

“Others exist such as us:  great people with the talent of the extraordinary.”

The haunting but wanting look of the only fleshed undead she’d met swam into view of her memory, drawing her speech this way and that as she meandered her way through something she wasn’t so used to doing.

“They may be mere bone or flesh without blood, as well as like you or me. We come across one another on this world like ever drifting magnets, drawn to another and another. Surely you’ve met someone. Friends, enemies; people such as myself who are guilty of only heeding your very word.”

Among those people the elf would find a cornucopia of variants from the handsome to the mundane, the honor bound and those who tried to destroy such a thing, and the power hungry to the meek. Of course Sutera had used the word dead in a not so literal sense of the word, knowing the rumored skeleton friend of Drakol’s and the fleshie clan leader of her own were very much alive, as much as they could be anyways.

Stella peered back over her shoulder for a moment to make sure the way was clear for her departure, listening carefully all the while. Footsteps continued in their careful way backwards as eyes traveled around, searching for some sign of the elf. There came none as immediate as she would’ve expected. [Uncommon Hearing] But the natural noises of one did come to a stop from around the tree, that voice the last of it. The shifting of one material against another, indiscernible as they may be as to their content, directed her chin from its level position to rise and forced her to admit, eyes trailing upwards, that Nuncia with her patterned flesh could be just about anywhere. It was a cowardly move but one that was probably best for the elf considering the cut she was already sporting. So the samurai said nothing else, content with the natural silence, no matter how tense it was turning out to be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:55 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

She stayed her place in the trees, shifting from one tree to an adjacent one, using the ancient branches to flank the woman to the right, heading closer to the ruins in which this meeting had sparked life. It was how the woman spoke, he voice soft and yet there was small hints of memories buried within as she spoke, obviously not accustomed to so much chatter on a battle field; it was the Sylvan's way of interacting with others, being as she rarely did so. It seemed that every man she met in the woods wanted nothing from her but her flesh, and the one woman she had met who saw her as more than that died in front of her by a crazed man... She touched her kris lightly, a sadness flickering over her eyes that started the low ember of her fury again. Her red haired friend had saved her, and she had been able to repay the debt, and yet the debt was so much more now. She owed her a life, which the earthen conduit no longer had. Turning carefully so her view of the woman was more clear yet still concealed in the thick leaves, she let herself reply to the statuesque woman, glad to at least know that such a person had memories.

"I have met others, but only one had truly tested my word. My words are all I have left save for my life and this land I was cast to... simple things that no one can take from me without threatening their own. I have to keep what I have, fight for it each and every day, or else I will be with her, and all the others that have passed before my blade."

As silently as she could, she used the trees as a sort of bridge to each of them, moving quickly as her body naturally wove between the branches and growth to come around the woman more, heading to cut the escape route behind her off and to ready for her next attack, now that her wounds was making her more than a little irritable; the wounds deep within her being scratched open again as a thin trickle of crimson began decorating her abdomen trailing towards her belts.

Within the shadow of the trees, yellow orange eyes seemed to glow from within, a haunting look of burning conflict-- loneliness, hurt, betrayal, anger, frustration... all creating an ember that burned deep within, forcing her forwards; into frays that she would have loved to avoid, pushing her hand to strike others, separating herself further from those around her. The peace of the forest was the only peace as long as she was within its embrace, her own peace having begun dying long ago, and ended with a final blow with her own blade.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:29 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

As the playful current of wind paused itself, winding into other places and creating its music the voice of the elf floated outwards. It only reassured the samurai of the position of the sylvan, eyes beginning to trail the movement that was winding and deliberate within the foliage. As one could pick out a squirrel's flicker of a tail with enough of a watchful stance, the samurai began turning her body towards her to follow where it was she was venturing to. The color of the elf's skin and its black markings aided the human, the words though giving away so much. Too much, Stella thought.

So there had been another. Someone out there who had indeed meant something to Nuncia and someone or something had taken her life. The pain of loss was both an explosive one and a heavy, inward kind. In this case Stella wondered upon the nature of a person who took that explosive kind and made it what they were; it was something so different than the kind of loss she'd began her journey alone with.

Gently with thought the swords within her gloves turned, the flickering embers of the lightning one continuing to send its vibrations of power past the leather and into the muscles of her arm. The warrior could feel its hums and heightened struggle for the form it was currently bound to, fingers gripping and finding their usual hold upon its hilt. Soon it would be released back into its normal containment; a welcomed change against the newness Stella felt about the jewel. For now, though, the power was forced back into the blade and a near silent breath escaped parted lips.

Keeping with what she was known for best, silence, she merely kept to the slow turn of her body to follow Nuncia and her path through the trees, having halted her departure. Most were well acquainted with the pain of loss and eventually the elf would find it again and again. Some things were just like that: pain, loss, love. Always found and always lost.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:10 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Im sorry but i forgot the notation after my last post.....

It would have been--

Transformation used
-- Ram (1/1 use)
Dashing Ram-- (1/2 uses)

Cooldown (2/2 posts)

--if i would have put it in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The raw edges of the deep wounds inside her-- and on her outside as well-- stung with a new vigor, blinding her, making her careless; she knew that her words had given away her position even as she spoke them, but words were one thing no one could take back. Even as the wind played them around the tree's limbs, she could see the woman's gaze upwards at her, that flickering sword still in her hand. The element of surprise, the hidden factors of her movements were now useless, and being as that was true, she decided to attack her foe face on, deliberately ignoring the crackling sword, instead honing her sights on the woman herself.

With a last few steps bringing her near the end of an old branch, her weight making it bow ever so slightly as it creaked with its age, the covering of her leaves now bare around her. She let her eyes stare into the woman's as her lips quirked a little in a sad grin.

"The betrayal of my people made this path that I now walk, and the betrayal of the people of this realm are what make it stained beneath my feet and along my blade! It is the only sin of this life that earns death and the wrath of both the living and the dead! And how lightly all of you of this realm betray each other, for glory, honor, power.... You all deserve to meet the same fate as we have."

As her speech came towards its end, she bent her knees as the branch sagged under her, using its force to get extra propulsion to lunge for the woman head on, blade at the ready-- but it wouldn't be a blade that met the woman at all. Within the few second span of her lunge through the air, her body shifted in mid flight to the white leopard, her teeth bared as her claws were outstretched, aimed for her throat.

It was a risky move at best, but she was losing care about herself more and more, just wanting the revenge that she could never get for what happened to herself, to Ellia. The only way revenge would be possible would be if she managed to find her way back to her own realm and kill all those that banished her.... but that would be impossible for the time being. Instead, she would take out her anger on the people of this realm, and maybe one day be able to return for her ultimate revenge....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transformation used
-- Ram (1/1 use)
Dashing Ram-- (1/2 uses)

--Snow Leopard (1/1 use)