It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Plains of Argis (BD's training)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:24 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

-Battles are fought in turns, you post after a response.
-Fighting happens in "real time"; meaning you can, if you wish, go back in time a little to describe actions and things you do before any attack the opposition lands (within reason)
-Be as descriptive as you can. More information makes for better battles.
-Do not ever control your opponent's character (or pets) in any way.
-Characters are, typically, allowed two actions per post: One defensive action and one offensive action. Regardless of whether you were attacked or not, you may only attack once per post.
-You can only use 1 special/spell per turn (you can use multiple skills per turn, but only 1 special per turn). Specials that have an effect on your opponent count as your one offensive action.
-Try to be fair in both your attacks as well as your dodges. Getting hit every now and then is not the end of the world, and deepens your character. (And makes battles more interesting)
-A minimum of 2 paragraphs (though more are desirable!)
-No "unblockable" attacks. There's always something, somewhere that can happen.
-Be creative, use the world around you to your advantage!
-Use a spell checker, or a program that helps with punctuation. It can't hurt...and can generally help your posts become more readable.
-Have fun!!! Battles are supposed to be enjoyable. If you don't like it, something is wrong.

---------------------

In a shocking, brilliant flash of light, Ein found himself in a most familiar place: the grassy plains. Though monotonous in its aspects, the unending field of green was an ideal place for battle, especially for those new to the world of Darkness Incarnate. Time was at a perpetual standstill, conforming to whatever mood Ein happened to be in at the time. Currently, it was near dawn, the sun's rays barely peeking over the tops of the distant mountains. The grass beneath his feet was wet-- heavy and slick with the early-morning dew.

It was as good a day as any for training.

Ein stood in stark contrast against the field, his blue jacket like a bruise against the green that ran towards the horizon. He had neck-length blue hair worn in a semi-formal style, parted perfectly down the middle on both sides. His skin was slightly pale, or at least seemed so held against the golden glow that showered from above. His form was smaller than most warriors, initially giving a sense of weakness to any that would be watching him.

His arms were crossed over his chest, impatient at his trainee's arrival. As no prior knowledge was given about this person, the psionicist was left to speculation of who and what they might be. All the gods had given him was a name:

'...Sabastian...'

Post subject: Re: The Plains of Argis (BD's training)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:14 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Sebastian walked through the ever so green plains; he strolled, it wouldn't make a difference whether he ran, skipped, or crawled through the place; in the end, nothing really did. The reason for him to be standing at the place, was a strange floating light which transported Sebastian to an unknown place. Still; he reasoned that it didn't really matter, it was not as if he had any sort of attachment to the place he was before, and there was not one soul waiting for him to return; they had all died, one way or the other.

The man felt a breeze going at his direction, not an unnaturally strong one; rather one that most would consider pleasant, gentle, and slow; and as he watched, a man that could be easily discerned from a mile away waved at him. Sebastian analyzed the person before closing in; the man was smaller than him by a large margin, nevertheless, the most remarkable feature about the man was the blue color present throughout all of his body. Blue eyes, blue robe, and, strangely enough, blue hair as well; it was a hue that would have left mot in a state of awe, but then again; it was not as if Sebastian was able to feel awed.

He closed in on the man, perhaps he knew of a town close by where someone needed to slay an angry horde of knights; or perhaps to eliminate a rogue, Sebastian knew he had to help if someone was being attacked, it always seemed as if people wanted to damage someone else; which meant he had to help them continuously. He spoke in his normal tone, he would just ask quickly about where was the closest town or kingdom to get a starting point.

"Hello sir, would you mind telling me where the closest town lies?"

The berserker kept his smiling mask all the while inquiring about the next gathering of people, he would have also shaked the person's hand if he wasn't wearing Fighting Claws. The reason for this cordiality, was that; through experience he had found out that most people wouldn't accept his help as readily if he wore the expression that showed his true feelings, so using a smile, they were more liable to accept the strength he was offering; the feeling of having saved someone, was close to happiness, though not quite as good as what he felt during his years with his uncle.

He awaited a response from the man, never taking his eyes of him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:36 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(Good starting post. We'll continue at this pace for a short time. However, realize that most battles contain MUCH more than this. I'll push you for length later. How did you come across DI?)

Ein was not a particularly nice individual. As the berserker approached, the spellcaster's expression soured somewhat. The trainee was a tall and solidly built man, much larger than a name like "Sebastian" should allow. The psionicist had been expecting someone of similar stature and profession... not a person that had to duck when entering a doorway. However, the more-or-less aloof expression that he brandished remained mostly present; instead of his typical apathetic look, Ein was frowning. The Esper wasn't necessarily a short man, but the present company certainly made him feel that way. Sebastian was about as big as the average Orc, save a few pounds of muscle mass.

'...and hopefully a bigger brain...' The psionicist's thoughts were bitter and pessimistic, as per usual.

It was then that the berserker spoke, service with a smile. The two were roughly a dozen feet away from each other, the warrior wielding a claw on each hand whereas Ein left his staff in a sling across his back. Did this man have ANY idea what he was doing here? And, if not, why was he already holding his weapons? The spellcaster thought for a moment before answering the man's question. The Plains of Argis were on the Southwest side of the continent... so that means...

"Old Vallandar is about a day's walk East, with Ravenwatch three days North," He pointed with each direction. "But first, do you have any clue as to why I'm just standing here, waiting for you?"

Barely waiting for a response, the blue-haired man reached back and pulled free his staff from its holster. It made a dull thud as one end struck the ground, held vertically like a walking stick. Made seemingly from ivory, the item looked just as expensive as it did dangerous; the sharpened tooth of a dragon, adorned with a yellow jewel at its crest. The challenge of this movement was clear. Ein's now smirking form made certain of it, as if taunting the person before him. Like all new warriors and wizards, in order to be allowed into the World of Darkness Incarnate, Sebastian would have to pass a test of sorts. If the berserker was strong enough to survive a short round with one of the more infamous spellcasters, he would be welcome to this new world.

If not, then... well... ... nothing of value would be lost.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:03 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Thanks, I'll try to make longer posts after this one. As to How I stumbled upon here, after finding the maganic wars site, my interest was piqued by the words text based rpg, so I decided to check, read a few battles, followed a few characters, and finally deciding into making my own :P. Also, sorry in advance, for Next week I won't have access to internet until friday. Sorry in advance if my post gets late.
---

The "blue" man frowned upon seeing Sebastian for the first time, but he responded the inquiry anyway. The berserker considered how long it would take to go to the nearest city, he decided upon setting his way to Old Vallandar, as his rations wouldn't last much longer than four days. But before he could leave, the seemingly innocent passerby spoke once more; apparently, he had been waiting for him to appear.

Sebastian didn't have any time to think, as the person before him took what appeared to be a staff of sorts; made of a material that seemed much harder than wood, most definitely a combat tool. The berserker moved into a battle stance, left leg slightly to the front, both hands raised in order to protect the face; yet before attempting any sort of attack, he decided upon asking of a reason for a grudge that would lead his opponent to fight him.

" To answer your question, no; I'm unknowing of the situation that may provoke hostility. Which brings forth the thought, in what way have I wronged you? Why would you think assailing me should be your action of choice?"

Sebastian knew he hadn't done anything wrong, he was good; he always protected those suffering from pain that others brought upon them, without asking who they were, or any sort of prize money for aiding them. Yet this man had suddenly taken his weapon out, ready to fight. Then it hit him, the strange light that had taken Sebastian into this strange land was a tool to apprehend him once more, completing the experiment of the false god. His slender muscles tensed, and his expression changed from a smile into one that showed his true emotions, sorrow beyond comprehension and an incommensurable hate that lacked sense or direction. Nevertheless, before taking any conclusions, he asked about what he had on his mind.

"Are you somehow related to those who annhilated the kingdom of Reenah?"

Barely withstanding the need to scream at him and lunge wildly, the berserker would be quick to strike if he so much as suspected his opponent had something to do with the event. The sadness forbid him from feeling any powerful emotion for long, but the small amount of hate he could bring himself to produce was already baring its fangs against his enemy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:47 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(I apologize for the wait. Yesterday was... uh... a little rough.)
(Upping the ante a bit. Try and attack me next post.)

Sabastian's question was odd. Why not? The reply wasn't spoken audibly, though it no less came at the speed of light. The blue-haired man's expression looked almost like a mix between a scoff and sneer. This man wouldn't stand a chance in Darkness Incarnate-- it's kill or be killed! The answer seemed so simple and uncomplicated. But a few moments passed.; the more the psionicist lingered upon it, the more sophisticated everything became. Ein had spent years in DI, so was the idea of NOT fighting so foreign now? He shook his head as if trying to wake himself up from a deep sleep. In those seconds, his mood darkened.

"I have my reasons." His words were cold, delivered matter-of-factly. There was something cynical boring into his thoughts. He had to resist the urge to snarl.

But, then, the Berserker continued to ask for information.

Inwardly, the spellcaster chuckled.

The types of questions one asks can tell a lot about a person. And, even before that, one can discern many details about an individual just by looking at them. The Esper's mind calculated and studied the opponent before him. Sabastian approached with his weapons already at a ready; untrusting. The berserker also spoke very clearly, he knew well the words he used; he was at least partially educated. And, perhaps the most important, was how the large man spoke of a kingdom that Ein had never heard of-- more specifically, the ANNIHILATION of said kingdom.

Deep down, the darkness inside the spellcaster boiled over somewhat. It wasn't as though he was an EVIL person, no! Ein simply... enjoyed... certain things. And these things happened to be at the cost of other people sometimes. The psionicist played no part in the death of that place, but that wasn't a fact that he was going to give for free. The flash of anger in Sabastian's eyes started to make the confrontation THAT much more interesting. Beyond a certain point, it would just become second nature for Ein to push the man's buttons. How quickly would this man resort to violence? Or, perhaps, how quickly would he realize that he was just asking the WRONG person?

"I'm not certain... Ree'Naw, you said?" Ein's mockery was clear. "Tch, I don't recall. There've been so many. I don't really keep track of their names anymore; it is burdensome."

Each word of the performance dripped with enough sarcasm to drown a halfling. The occasional shrug was thrown into the mix as well, as if the spellcaster WANTED Sabastian to hold a grudge. And, likely on some level, Ein DID desire that. Rivals were always fun. More importantly, however, anger without a target typically turned out to be a dangerous thing. It can poison the mind while fueling the body. One wasn't to be sure yet, but judging from the overt, brunt nature of Sabastian's query, the large man might be willing to slaughter a DIFFERENT kingdom to get answers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:49 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

(Don't worry, considering today is the first day I get to use a computer since saturday, I'm actually glad to have my deadline extended :mrgreen:)

The figure clad in blue that stood before him responded to the first question in a direct cold manner, it was a short reply that told Sebastian everything he had asked for; while in reality telling him nothing at all; as paradoxical as it seemed. After his second query, The eyes of the berserker analyzed the man; His appearance except for the staff and possibly the blue hair didn't reveal much about his battle strength; and for his personality, it only showed that he was wearing what seemed a large jacket during an otherwise rather hot day.

Sebastian stood there waiting to see his opponent's response, and upon receiving it, confusion welled within him. The problem laid in whether his adversary was mocking him, or if the man in question was speaking of a horrible truth, pondering the veracity of the statement, he came into the conclusion that he should act in order to get answers. His expression returned into a smile, the quick lapse of anger had been controlled, and now; he would be warning the opponent before taking any action, it seemed to be the right course of action for this moment in which a battle seemed impossible to avoid for much longer

"As of right now it seemss that a battle will be the only way to get answers, so I will take starting said fight into my hands."

His emotions in check, Sebastian closed the distance, dashing through the plains wouldn't be hard when he had no obstacles before him. As he saw the figure of his opponent get bigger , he remembered the time when he was happy, living with his uncle, and before that; staying with his direct family. The reason for this was simply the fact that the man's demeanor suggestewd someone who had lost idealism, or was simply quite cynical from the beggining; yet Sebastian preferred the former in order to feel he wasn't alone, subconsciously perhaps, but he wished for people to be with, someone that would restore the merry memories his soul carried.

As his thoughts came to an halt, his momentum diminished until going into an absolute halt, standing just in front of his opponent; his arms stance returning to its position with just enough speed to be able to punch his opponent without changing position far too much. Thinking quickly of what area should he attack, the berserker quickly attacked his opponent's left shoulder, the claw traveled through the air, swift and sure of its direction, it wouldn't kill his opponent per se, but if he was able to land a hit where he intended, at the very least, his opponent would have problems utilizing his left arm,simplifying the process of receiving a response.

Sebastian didn't know if he was to find a new enemy in this man, neither did he know if luck was smiling upon him or laughing its head off while playing with its toy. The only thing e knew, is that his current objective was to make the man speak.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:08 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(Decent quality with only a few errors-- stuff like that happens. The attack is a little strange however. Imagine if you were my character. It reads that Sebastian runs FORWARD, then he stops, then he swings. The wording is awkward, especially if you believe a person would stand to take such a blow. Does that make sense? I will now counter attack.)

The man named Sebastian made a powerful declaration. Weapons drawn and stance taken, he spoke words of a challenge. It wasn't so much what the berserker said as it was how he said it. He had come to the logical conclusion that fighting was the only way to make Ein talk. However, his body language betrayed the fact that he truly believed he would come out as the victor. Foolish thinking. The spellcaster remained sarcastically amused even as the claw-wielding man came charging forward. How many men had the Esper fought? What tricks could this man possibly possess that could be a threat?

The first attack of the exchange came in a simple form, the warrior extending his right arm in a slash against Ein's left shoulder. The psionicist pivoted on his foot and pulled his body backwards. As slow as he was, the movement was enough to take him away from the danger; the tip of the claw struck his coat but failed to produce an injury of any kind. Continuing to follow his momentum, Ein hopped backwards and lifted his staff in the air. The dodge was fairly fluid. Each step hit the ground to a well timed beat; it was a pattern he had become familiar with.

There were many differences between Bastian and Ein, many factors that had to be taken into account during battle. Sebastian was obviously the more physically able one. He could probably run faster, run longer, hit harder, lift heavier objects, and generally just beat the spellcaster into a pulp if put into the right situation. It seemed that in any general circumstance the blue-haired man would be at a severe loss. But how was it that such odds only seemed to solidify the smirk across his face?

The two were just over three feet apart when the spellcaster came to a halt. The grip on his weapon had changed, both hands clasping the staff with the sharpened end forward. It darted forward, the spear-thrust being lent strength by both of Ein's arms. The strike was aimed for the spot directly above the right side of the berserker's hip. It would be a hindering injury, if successful. It would be something that would make dodging the next few attacks more difficult for the warrior. Or, at the very least, hinder his movement speed.

Probably the most dangerous thing in regards to the situation was the weapon-- the psionicist's "spear" had much more range than Sebastian's claws. The large man would be hard-pressed to close the distance without accumulating some form of damage in the process. The game was stacked in Ein's favor... and had been from the start.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:38 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

(Sorry for the delay, it won't happen again. Also, it seems I miscalculated the difference in height when taking ft into cm, the difference is not THAT large.)

-----

The man clad n the color of the sea avoided the first blow with certain ease; in a streamlined movement he had side stepped, moving away from the range of Sebastian’s claws. Sebastian wasn't surprised, he had only misjudged the reflexes of his opponent by basing himself in the unfit physical appearance he had. The berserker understood, the man's experience was more than enough to be able to counter a straightforward first strike; possibly making him an even match for Sebastian, or even outclassing him.

Sebastian didn't think much of the situation, he only had to remain cautious to avoid suffering major damage; yet watching the man's smirk extend further allowed him to see through the circumstance, it was almost guaranteed for the man to have an ace up his sleeve; making the berserker doubt his initial reasoning. Nevertheless, the person that stood in front of him didn't allow any time to think; the staff went into a position similar to a the one used by spearman, and wielding it as said weapon, the man attacked Sebastian’s right

Sebastian thought quickly, while deflecting was possible due to the difference in strength, it wouldn’t allow him to close in as quickly; and avoiding would take him further away; giving a greater advantage to his staff wielding opponent. The berserker arrived at the conclusion that he’d have to take some form of damage if he was to deliver a worthwhile hit at the man, the blow wasn’t fast enough to stop any form of movement from the berserker, the time allowed was more than enough to let Sebastian lower his right arm until it was at the same height as the hip, then he pushed it at himself as closely as he possibly could.

The improvised spear hit his arm with considerable strength, yet as a mobile structure, the limb was thrown back; it had been painful, the berserker clenched his fists to stifle the pain; plus his arm was wounded up to a point, it would be difficult to move it around for some minutes, had it been an unmoving bone he’d been in serious danger of having a broken bone. Nevertheless, there was not a second left to relax, the opponent wouldn’t be forgiving,, in a battlefield any distraction would become a weak point. The next attack had to start from Sebastian’s end of the spectrum, otherwise the strike he had protected himself from could repeat itself.

Sebastian’s movement was swift, taking a step to close the distance between the opponent and himself , while returning his right arm back into a position close to his own body; he attempted to punch the man’s right arm with a cross punch by utilizing his left hand, the initial movement of his feet transformed into a catalyst to put strength into the blow. As a plus, with his fighting claws, most attacks aimed at non lethal parts of the body would gravely hinder the movements of said part, in this case; if his adversary was to receive the attack, he wouldn’t be able to move his staff with quite the same precision as a normal situation would allow. Simple as that seemed, in a battle damage stacked up for all of the participants; and so long as they continued within the world of the living, it would only make everything harder.

The berserker’s face stood frozen, his unexpressive smile unmoved; his feeling of sadness intact.

-------

(I wasn’t able to do 1000 words for this :( )