It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sticks and Stones (White Dragon's TB)
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:00 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

I'll generally make comments about any changes/my thoughts on how well you're doing first before I post. Feel free to respond back at the top of your posts or through a PM. First things first I will say that I would like for you to add your character sheet to your signature; perhaps you've noticed others doing this. Mine is done with a picture and some do it with just words. You can do either through the User Control Panel. This way you can easily refer back to what someone has done in their post and you don't have to go searching for it. To make it simple for this battle, you can just add what I have here until you find a picture:

Code:
[url=http://maganicwars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14962]Severoth the Nightmarish Summoner[/url]

Quote:
-Battles are fought in turns, you post after a response.
-Fighting happens in "real time"; meaning you can, if you wish, go back in time a little to describe actions and things you do before any attack the opposition lands (within reasonability)
-Be as descriptive as you can. More information makes for better battles.
-Do not ever control your opponent's character (or pets) in any way.
-Characters are, typically, allowed two actions per post: One defensive action and one offensive action. Regardless of whether you were attacked or not, you may only attack once per post.
-You can only use 1 special/spell per turn (you can use multiple skills per turn, but only 1 special per turn). Specials that have an effect on your opponent count as your one offensive action.
-Try to be fair in both your attacks as well as your dodges. Getting hit every now and then is not the end of the world, and deepens your character. (And makes battles more interesting)
-A minimum of 2 paragraphs (though more are desirable!)
-No "unblockable" attacks. There's always something, somewhere that can happen.
-Be creative, use the world around you to your advantage!
-Use a spell checker, or a program that helps with punctuation. It can't hurt...and can generally help your posts become more readable.
-Have fun!!! Battles are supposed to be enjoyable. If you don't like it, something is wrong.

Solid indifference swept a languid gaze over the characters of a name a second before gloved fingers broke the silence of it all and crumpled the parchment within her palm. Out of focus her eyes took in the entirety of the area; a knee high emerald sea remained still and cool to the left of the central path which was littered with a dark rose scattering of ruined blossoms. The grasses would remain untamed and wild just as she did, the stones of an empty grave hidden just as her heart hid behind thick leather armor upon her chest. But there was no denying it was there; she could feel it.

A once cloudless and serene sky had given way to a rapturous show over the course of the last couple hours. The pool artfully done to the right of the path was full of the rain, the cerulean waters delicately tainted by petals and leaves. A glance upwards to the heavens though promised no more storms this day; it would remain dry for the course of this evening's events. Still, hours remained before sunset but the overcast gloom permeated everything and threw an apathetic quiet over everything. Pitifully the sunshine tried to work through the rolling gray clouds, streaks of golden light shining through weakly for mere moments before they were swallowed up once again.

Today time held its breath for a new warrior and the beginning of a new journey on the road that was this world. Ushered in to a test of skill against one who knew the intricate ways this world ran, the samurai felt as welcoming as she could manage. At the vaguest inclination of an approach the armored woman turned. There was a certainty about everything she did: there was no hesitation within her steps forward, no whispered voice of a meek female nor were her hands idly searching for something to do with themselves. Sutera knew exactly what she was here for and what she would be doing. Glove covered fingers of her right hand rest curled around the hilt of a sheathed sword at her belt and the only movement of the white sectioned skirt came from the natural sway of a female.

Not a lick of wind touched the trees this evening just as no smile graced her youthful face. Long golden hair mixed with a black silk tie which held it up and out of the way, a swatch of bangs framing hazel hues. The place was surrounded by mountainous rock and the only sensible way up was by the staircase which had long ago been carved there. Some twenty yards she left between the top most step and her placement, left hand rising to gesture him forward.

"Welcome."

Post subject: Re: Sticks and Stones (White Dragon's TB)
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:59 am 
Initiated
Initiated

The summoner approached with care. Despite the gloom, he was not used to being in so bright an environment. Even in life he had rarely ventured out of his great, obscure mansion. He walked through the grass, which brushed against his black cloak. Before him stood the samurai, golden hair moving ever so slightly, almost unpercievably in the still atmosphere.

He approached with care, and he did this because he knew what the human race was like. Capable of treason towards anyone. As well as murdering a person if the rumours distorted his image badly enough. How could he forget, when he himself was murdered by people who claimed to be his friends? Who enjoyed his shows? Nobody was to be trusted. Nobody was a "friend". Perhaps an ally, for a limited time.

He felt a centipede scurrying among his long, tattered, black hair. It went into his robe, and Severoth felt it moving among his ribs and vertebrae. His fiery aura was blazing out of his robes. He was surprised by the grass' behaviour. Usually no living thing could stand his presence. His sinister aura was imbued with such dark thoughts, that most small animals and plants died on contact. This world had something strange about it. Its grass could stand his presence to the extent of only withering a tad, as if it had not been watered for some time. Nothing serious.

He held his scythe in his right hand, gripping it tightly. He plunged its cold, eerie blade into the ground, and was pleased to see the grass around the scythe wither and die. So this place was not that much different from his previous homes. He pulled the scythe out of the ground, and the blade gleamed faintly. It had a demonic appearance, with a skull on the back of the blade and with what seemed to be a spinal column for a handle, as well as a spike (arguably a horn) on the other end.

He looked at the badly stitched rag doll he had in his other hand. It was worn with age, and its eyes were buttons - one of which was broken and hanging by threads, giving it an ominous look. Its mouth was stitched shut, and it had pins stuck throughout his body. If Severoth had friends, they were his puppets and dolls. He had not been invoked by the samurai just to chat.

Something would occur, and his dolls would be put to good use. Good, frightening use. The skeletal magus then fixed the ghastly purple orb that floated in the centre of his right eye socket on his adversary. She looked so amiable, so trustworthy. Yet she was human, and, being an intelligent life form, deserved death, like all others.

"You have invoked me,
How bizarre,
I'd like to know
Just who you are.
"

Last edited by White Dragon Of Doom on Fri May 06, 2011 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:00 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

First I'd like you to re-read the beginning of my post and fix your signature. It's much easier for your opponent to look at your character sheet if you have it linked there. You can keep what you have written but I'd like to see a link.

Second you can't hover. I know you're trying to be scary and doom-y but without a skill there is no hovering over the ground here.

After you fix these changes I'll delete and repost an actual post.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:26 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

There we go. Sorry about that, I forgot I hadn't actually made hovering into a skill. :P

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:31 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Your writing is fine and will do well here if you keep it up. Summons and skills are at your disposal and I'd like for you to try to use them. You can find the notation commonly written at the bottom of people's posts by glancing at any of the battles here. As a Summoner, I'd advise you to constantly keep track at the bottom of your posts the remaining number of SS you have; if you miscalculate or forget, it could cost you the battle. Only one summon may be brought out a post; you could use all of your skills though if you wanted. I used one here in my post.

A poet's lyrical rhyme came from the ghastly vision which ascended the steps and came to a stop before her, tilting her head in a slight sliver of confusion. A single, noteworthy skeletal undead had come before her only once before in her time here, and though that wasn't such an event to cause her confusion, his words and the nature of them were. There was a moment between them in which she stayed still, gravity pulling the bangs on the left side of her face away from her flesh with the angle it was held. With a look of experience and a lack of expression to tease her face into some sort of emotion she took him in all at once, watching the way his attention roamed from one thing to another.

The woman's calculating gaze slid away from the single orb and fell upon the unsubtle weapon he held and thrust into the ground. It did so easily and without hesitation. Inwardly she recoiled, remembering the only soul she'd ever known to take up a similar object. Shin though had been friendly; somehow she doubted she'd find something of the same here. Severoth looked as if he had all the friends he wanted already and frankly the warrior was going to be just fine not adding herself to that list. His current friend had been through enough that his eye was dangling free. She liked her eyes just where they were.

It was his lack of information, however, that struck her as odd. Did he have any idea why he was standing there before her? Doubt welled up within her heart, threatening to slosh over the side: perhaps this was the wrong person. In reply a roll of distant thunder gave an ominous answer. [Uncommon Hearing] Far off though it was, it came clear to her just as the gliding drawl of his cloak upon the ground did. Smoothly then her right hand tightened around the sheathe and pulled free the covered weapon from her belt. Eyes drifting over the engraved metal in silent contemplation, Stella came to wonder if this is what it was like for everybody else. There were no muscles on his face, no flesh, no lips or brow... there was nothing to tell her what was on his mind. It was a mirror which stood eerily in all his flaming glory before her. She didn't like it.

"Sutera Sasaki."

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:37 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

An unsettling hiss escaped the skeleton's slightly open jaws. His fleshless fingers tightened around the fiendish scythe he wielded. The centipede that had recently descended into his rib cage crawled out from within his black-and-purple robe, making its way through the grass towards Sutera.

Severoth attempted to convey a smile over his already-permanent grin. But not a friendly, soothing smile. The smile of a fiend. A nightmarish creature whose grudge will drive him to murder just for the fun of it, for the feeling that the screams and bloodshed of his victims brought to his deranged mind.

His single eye migrated to his left eye socket from the right. It now floated in the centre of the socket across which the slash of an Orkish axe remained engraved into the bone. He gripped the pin-riddled doll he had in his hand, and put it inside his robe. He bowed before Sutera, though it was more of a mocking gesture than a respectful one.

"I greet you, human,
With a bow,
But I'm afraid
Your death comes now.
"

With that, he raised his scythe and the sky began to darken. The weapon suddenly became ablaze with Severoth's aura, and he sliced the air with it. Oddly enough, the atmosphere actually ripped. There was a slash in the middle of the air, as if it were cloth over a board.

And the board that was beneath it was not a pleasant sight. The rip was as dark as dark could be, with all sorts of horrific visions welling up inside of it. And from out this void flew a ghost. At least, it looked like a ghost. A head - a hideous, nightmarish head made of some kind of black smoke - flew out of the void and began to fly in circles above Severoth. The void closed as soon as the ghost was out.

The summoner began to laugh. It sounded like the laugh of a psychotic, dying man. Like a hysterical cough. He moved his free hand in a strange, circular symbol, and pointed at the ground in front of him. Out of nowhere appeared a doll. A marionette, to be precise. It was a clown, and it was old, with the fabric torn and the paint peeling from the wood.

Severoth picked up the marionette's strings with his free hand. With his other hand he raised the scythe, which made the phantasm hovering above him stop dead in its tracks. He moved the scythe towards the marionette, and the ghost followed. And then Severoth plunged the scythe into the toy's abdomen.

The ghost charged into the marionette, and it began to grow. When it reached about three feet tall, it stopped. The thing's eyes disappeared, absorbed by its face. Its painted mouth opened into a psychotic grin, revealing row after row of razor-sharp fangs. Which were not painted.

Under its hat, its hair began to grow, long, black, and tattered, much like the summoner's own. Its right arm deformed into a blade, and its left arm grew into a sort of shield. The strings that led to the summoner's hand ignited with his blazing aura, allowing full control. The creature emitted a demonic screech at being controlled, and began to twist and turn in hideous ways. [Master of Puppets] [Summon: Elanix] With no eyes and sharp teeth on a wooden clown face, this thing was a coulrophobe's worst nightmare.

Severoth looked at Sutera, running his bony fingers through his disgusting, insect-filled hair. Three spiders and a cockroach crawled down his bony hand and disappeared into his sleeve, and a small black moth flew out of the neck of his robe and flew off. Severoth "smiled" again, running a long, deathly black, rotten tongue across his sharp teeth.

"Forgive my mate
If he is rude,
But he is hungry
And you're food.
"

Summons: Elanix (x1)
Remaining Spirit Shackles: 16/20

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:48 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Your post is nicely done and the use of a skill and summon both acceptable. I would like you to either initiate an attack here or take damage with this post. PM me with any further questions and keep up the good work.

His rhymes were simple, his hissing rattle of a noise fell stale to her ears and her gaze came to merely watch the moves of his scythe. All she needed was a yawn to further punctuate her inward feelings, but she just couldn't bring herself to waste the energy.

But she did know of a theatrical clown who might be willing.

After his show the sky lightened back to its original struggle of a strangled golden glow though illumination above was not the only in the area. [Hikari Sori] The amount surrounding her was pitifully small but light was light and it was not yet swallowed whole. Just as his own weapon had effected the world so greatly with darkness and despair, her own brought the other side of the coin to life. The engraved etches upon the sheath's surface brightened, leaves and vines crawling their way down its length before the entirety of it took on the enrapturing show.

"You are not welcome here to my home and I did not call you; it is the will of this place, however, that you be tested and set free to wreck havoc upon the world."

Gracefully her still covered weapon swung in a languid loop to the side, relaxed in the effortless simplicity that was the action she'd done so many times before. It was the flick of her wrist, quick and thorough in time with the step of her right foot, that sent the light into a compacted ball of energy towards her subject. Severoth's torso, not the Elanix she had seen once before in battle, was her target here.

She had no plans of becoming anybody's lunch.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:57 am 
Initiated
Initiated

The fiendish summoner's eye had chosen the worst possible time to migrate back to the right eye socket in his skull. It was then, when that ominous optical orb was in mid-transition of passing from one socket to the other, in that ephemeral moment of blindness, that the samurai's luminous projectile shot towards, and ultimately struck, the magus' robed rib cage.

Despite his lack of flesh and nerves, the skeleton still felt a blast of pain shoot throughout his body as his bones came loose, to be pulled back together in time by his sinister aura [Dark Aura]. Light was not something he could tolerate. He emitted a blood-curdling screech of agony, making his flaming aura blast out of his robes in fiery torrents, searing the air and sending all sorts of unsanitary creatures from within Severoth's hair and robes flying in all directions.

"AAAAIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!"

After the screech, the aura diminished to its original intensity, and a shower of insects ablaze came down all around.

The flash of light that had been caused by Sutera's attack had been especially harsh on the summoner. He felt his bones burning from the light, and his single eye was spinning and bouncing around inside his skull, flickering on and off from the bright light, causing him an immense headache, as well as confusion and temporary blindness.

Severoth grabbed his skull with the hand that held his summon's strings. When he came to again, he turned to the marionette, and with a hiss, pointed at the samurai with his nightmarish scythe.

"That blast of light
Has struck me through -
Destroy her now,
I say to you!
"

The Elanix opened its mouth and roared like a demon in an exorcism. Then it lunged at Sutera, arms swinging wildly in an attempt to strike the samurai's torso, while snapping with its jaws at her face. Its fangs gleamed upon the eyeless, wooden clown face, and it started cackling hysterically as it leapt at Sutera. Severoth himself had something of a hard time pulling the strings that controlled the thrashing fiend he had summoned in order to keep it in place.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:36 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Thank you for editing your post! My special wouldn't injure you because it's a form of light (not that I noticed from your skills, anyways) versus your evilness but just remember to take into account the strength of the attack and apply it appropriately. You've done a great job so far and I can see this concluding here shortly.
Light blasted against the skeleton's robed torso, a heathen's scream echoing through the air. As unsettling as the sight would be to most, Sutera frequently conquered her emotions again and again until there was nothing left but a statue's vacant expression. Cool eyes regarded the situation and obvious pain with the same apathy one might apply towards crushing an annoyance beneath the sole of one's shoe.

The elanix's three foot height was no match for her own, the gnashing teeth simply too far from her face to pose much harm to it. Still, reflexively her right boot brought itself back behind her left as it approached, left hand crossing her body to grab the hilt at her right hip. Steadily she readied for the creature to get as close as she could stand before her movement exploded forth, muscles tight and ready to do what she had been trained to long ago.

The ball of her right foot pressed into the packed earth, a slight bow overcoming her figure as she leaned forward, ready. With ease the ring of her weapon spilled forth between them and the samurai bought her defense to life. The breath caught within her chest to steady herself escaped in a silken rush of a noise. A twist of her right hand turned the sheath so it was like a bat, swung to deflect and push the chomping machine of a summon towards the left and away from her true goal. Against the side of its head her sheath went, pushing at it so that she didn't interrupt its momentum, merely seeking to redirect it so that she could step forward to the right.

Shunpo.

The high speed movement ability was witnessed as soon as her body launched itself forward. Sutera's form passed the elanix with a swiftness unheard of from a normal human and only stopped once she was within striking distance of Severoth himself. Not too long ago on this land had she fought a more experienced Shin the Summoner, using the memories of such a battle to aid her in getting rid of the pest that was this one. There was little direct light to reflect upon the katana's surface, merely the clouds of gray above.

Katana turned so the blunt edge would be greeting the skeleton, a diagonal slash was heading his way as her left arm brought the deadly weapon from her right hip to left shoulder.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:06 am 
Initiated
Initiated

I'll summon the other Elanix on the next opportunity then. :P

The Elanix emitted a grunt of pain upon being deflected with the sword, like the sound that one would hear after kicking a dog in the rear. Severoth released the marionette's strings from the impact. The creature, with the aid of its 360º vision (despite possessing no eyes whatsoever), turned around, and as quietly as it could, ran on all fours towards Sutera from behind, clumsily falling over repeatedly from attempting to run on its shield-and-sword arms.

Meanwhile Sutera had drawn her katana. The summoner fixed his single eye, which was currently in his right eye socket, on the samurai's own eyes, attempting to strike her with a feeling of dread. And just for his own amusement, he even let his black, rotting tongue slither out of his fanged mouth, to try and scare her some more. The samurai then appeared in front of him unexpectedly and slashed in a diagonal motion, in such a way that Severoth would recieve an impact that was capable of dislocating his bones or even beheading him.

The skeletal mage, reacting quickly, threw back the upper part of his body, so that he fell to the ground whilst having his feet still firmly planted upon it, his bones creating a sickening racket of cracks that were likely to be unbearably painful to the mortal human. He swiftly placed the scythe inside the back of his robe and landed on the ground with his bony hands, forming with his fleshless self an arch above the ground, thus avoiding the samurai's attack. Then, while still in that position, he scuttled backwards, away from Sutera with agility - which is not saying much, since the undead's bones buckled and shifted under his weight, especially when moving down the stairs. When he was at a safe distance, Severoth threw his legs upwards, landing them on the ground behind his hands. His knees buckled, but he got up again and drew his scythe. [Contortionist (allows dodging)], [Dark Aura (keeps him from falling completely apart)].

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:19 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

A quickly maneuvered retreat began her adversary in the direction she wished, the line of her mouth thinning briefly as she shifted her focus from the creature stumbling her way from behind to the main problem before her. A ping-pong of ill intentions swayed back and forth, dark boots following the skeleton as her gaze kept in line with the flip he managed to put himself back up with. If he had hoped to spark some life into her expressionless, angelic face, he failed. There was too much certainty within her movements to give him any reason that he stood on the same plane as she; arrogance mixed quite easily with her stubborn silence and the difference in their height as she looked down to him only made it worse.

"I will say it once more. This is not your place; you've passed your test. Leave before I turn you into the same dust I made of the last skeleton who refused to listen."

As if to erase any further questionable ideas which might come upon his rhyming tongue, she pointed her katana down towards his chest. A quick shift of the blade in the light would surely remind him of the last bright sphere which had come from it and the pain it'd dealt. The sheath in her left rest at her side, muscles tense as she listened to the clumsy ways of the creature doomed to follow orders until it was able to come upon peace once again.

----
I feel you've shown great promise within your posts and quality, so I'm passing you. Remember all that we talked about within our PMs. Most battles last 2-3 full pages and you'll want to keep that in mind with your summons. Be fair when taking damage to your person and your creatures; don't add anything into your posts that you don't have a skill for ^-^ No more hovering! If you have any questions, PM me and keep communication open with your opponent. If I have to, I can bring you back into training. I'll be watching!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:45 am 
Initiated
Initiated

The summoner bent backwards and collapsed upon seeing the situation he was in. He shifted backwards, away from the blade, and rose. The fiery aura that enveloped Severoth's bones diminished in intensity as he lowered his head, keeping his cold, hard purple optic - which was back in the left eye socket, in between the slashes of a previous battle - fixed on her in an attempt to induce fear of himself rather than a of possible attack, which, given his current condition, was something he could not risk. The marionette Elanix had just managed to reach Sutera and had leapt at her, only for Severoth to take its soul with a swift motion of his scythe and banish it back to the void from whence it had come before it could strike. Sutera was hit ever so softly by a limp, lifeless wooden marionette that immediately fell to the ground and evaporated into a cloud of repulsive black smoke.

"I've been defeated,
Do no more -
You've bravely won
This little war.

But it's not over,
Not a chance,
We'll meet again
In bellic dance.
"

With that, Severoth bowed again, turned around, and headed away - turning back merely to hiss at Sutera, displaying his long, rotting tongue and fang-like teeth. The battle was over. The summoner had surrendered, but had been set free to terrorise DI. Actually achieving it, though, was rather questionable - the world had proven to be relatively unaffected by his malevolent presence, starting with the grass. But he would try. He would do his best to battle and use fear to cripple his opponents. But he required experience, and it is that which he set out to obtain.

I'll keep your teachings well in mind. Again I thank you for having trained me, and I hope we can meet again in the game. Cheerio, and thanks again. :)