It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bowstrings for puppets (Vs WDD)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:16 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

The sky was gloomy, a perfect gray color; but there was not a cloud in sight, it seemed almost unnaturally crafted. It was this kind of climate that Arzek liked best, slightly below average temperature, without feeling cold; and while the sun didn't seem to shine as brightly as it usually did, the sphere of light had yet to hide itself from view. The ranger strolled through the plains in a relaxed tempo, he wanted the memory of such a perfect, beautiful and idle moment to rest safely within him. The yellow grass was overgrown, it reached up to his knee, had he lied down, an average person would have had a hard time attempting to see him. And meanwhile, the wind worked its ways to make the dance waltz to its whim, and to the fortune of anyone who desired to see something amazing, its playful mood moved the pasture from one side to the other, folding itsel or stretching, most likely having fun.

That was what Arzek thought anyway, mad as it may have seemed to some, for the forest man, plants were as emotional as children, they grass liked to be stepped on by some, but abusing of that and running infinitely through it would ake it shy away to show only dirt. Same with the wind, For Arzek, the adolescent grass was the only one who actually enjoyed it, perhaps a test of courage similar to those that boys around their teens take upon them to attempt. He laughed, it was as if he was in company of various friends, sometimes they would help him to solve his problems, and other times he would unburden them and smile while saying good-bye; he had always thought he received too much, but he decided that hunting those who dared to call themselves "hunters" those who killed the forest dwellers without any sort of need, those despicable beings. By killing them he returned a little of the help they had given him

At that moment, a tingling sensation ran down his spine; an ominous feeling indeed. He waited for minutes, and he found himself completely alone, perhaps a random event, not decided by more than chance. He continued his walk without any apparent troubles, however the feeling remained, in a small, almost imperceptible way; that made him forego his normal thought process either way.

Post subject: Re: Bowstrings for puppets (Vs WDD)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:40 am 
Initiated
Initiated

The ominous, horrific figure of a robed person walked through the peaceful plains, making the grass under him wither in recoil, almost as if shuddering, as he passed. The stranger admired the beauty of it all, as despite his afterlife running on evil thoughts and feelings, these were directed only to intelligent life forms. He had nothing against beast or plant.

"Of clever life
I've much to learn,
Though I'd much rather
Watch it burn.
"

Severoth - that was the summoner's name - suddenly stopped dead in his tracks. There was something odd. The aura of purple flame that blazed out of his robes and covered his skeletal self increased in intensity, in much the same way as turning up the gas in a stove. He turned his head ever so slowly, looking out for danger. When his skull had rotated a complete 90°, he raised his skeletal, clawed hand and brushed away a strand of his tattered hair from over his right eye socket. The small scorpion that resided in said strand of hair climbed onto Severoth's fleshless hand and scurried into his sleeve, unaffected by the violet blaze. The ominous purple optical orb that floated in his skull moved to the end of its socket in order to get a better view.

There was nothing to be seen. Only the wind playing with the grass in the same way that it played with his long, black hair. But the skeletal summoner's unpleasant past - specifically, his death at the hands of people he knew and had grown to trust - had made him paranoid, so he whipped out his scythe and held it in front of him in a defencive stance. He increased the intensity of his flames even more, to make himself look bigger, and he emitted a demonic screech that made birds flee in terror from within their trees. He hoped to either scare off his stalker, or force him out of hiding in order to confront him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:16 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Arzek's fear had been confirmed by the sudden appearance of a black flame around 15 feet away from him. The ranger closed himself carefully, since a fire of that size could easily mean a conflagration. And while unknowing of what kind of powers did this bizarre flame possessed, he'd rather not take his chances. Upon finally reaching his destination, what he saw left him speechless, a corpse that had battled, and succesfully defeated death itself.

The corpse wasn't particularly pleasant to see either, its hair looked as if it had been bathed upon the most gruesome substances the mind of a man could possibly fathom, becoming a nest for all sorts of insects and arachnids. Its face had not only been scarred, but if the scars had been done while living, they had reached the very bone, seeing them made Arzek unconsciously touch his own face. The undead also had what could be called an eye; but for the ranger, it seemed more of of a sphere that moved patiently while waiting to kill its prey. Finally there was the body, Arzek feared for his sanity if he was to look at it carefully, for his luck, it was covered by a robe; and he'd prefer it remained that way so as to avoid seeing something that would be embedded into his memories.

The man thought what to say, finally deciding upon attempting to explain the situation. His hand moved to his boomerang before his first words came out, he had to be prepared for a battle that could possibly ensue between him and the ...thing.

"Who are you? What sort of magic disturbed your eternal slumber?"

The tension he felt was evident from the tone of his words, not a natural tone; rather, one that resembled an attempt of a child to put an excuse againsdt his parents. He himself noted this, he knew it was the worst feeling for a battle, thus he took a deep breath in order to calm himself, and held the boomerang with all his might. It would at leat give him some feeling of safety against this unnatural being.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:37 am 
Initiated
Initiated

Severoth's purple optic migrated to the left eye socket as he stared at the ranger. A feeling of pleasure welled up in his ego upon seeing Arzek's tense reaction. It was the main goal of his afterlife to become the embodiment of fear, and judging by the man's current state, he was accomplishing it.

"I'll tell a tale
Of morbid end,
For I was slaughtered
By a friend.

Since then, young man,
I've sworn to kill
All clever life forms
With my skills.

How rude of me,
I am in shame,
I'm Severoth -
What is your name?
"

The summoner gripped his scythe tightly in his left hand. He held out the right in a handshake, displaying the blazing, fleshless arm, and the countless insects that within the magus' flaming bones made their home. Severoth wanted to taunt his new acquaintance. He wanted to see just how much he could frighten him before the poor man could take it no more and attacked or fled. He let his rotten, black tongue slither out of his slightly open mouth, allowing a small millipede to crawl through the slashes in his lower jaw reminiscent of a ventriloquist dummy's mouth and drop into the neck of his robe. The summoner's mind raced, thinking of how to terrorise the ranger before him.

[Who will I send
To this man maul,
A marionette
Or voodoo doll?]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:51 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

The figure in front of the man turned its violet eye to see the ranger. The living being thought he saw the thing making a prideful expression, he then discarded the thought, mainly because it didn't have any facial muscles so to speak, making it impossible for it to make any sort of movement at the front of its head. Though with an afterthought, he also realized that if the creature actually showed emotion through its face, it would be particularly disturbing.

Arzek saw the enemy finally speaking, the skeleton threatened him implicitly; nevertheless he couldn't help but stifle a laugh upon hearing the man's words. His laughter came not because the opposing figure had any funny attributes to it, and neither did he, as he thought it was a male; did a pantomime. No it was just the way he said the words that Arzek couldn't take seriously, the undead rhymed while talking as if singing tunes upon a drunken stupor. And not only that, the tone didn't help at all; it had an air of superiority in it, similar to that of a child that has just learnt a well-known fact.

The human chuckled openly, an image of the skeleton falling face first to the ground in a tavern embedded on his head. He decided to taunt his opponent in the most excruciantingly annoying way he could fathom, imitating him.

"My name's Arzek
I will not rhyme
There's better ways
To spend my time"

"But seriously, I think that you've threatened me just now, and I won't stand by while you attempt to kill me. You have been warned."

The elven-raised human took one of his boomerangs out for battle, They were at perfect distance for Arzek to use the full extent of his combat abilities, and he was determined to keep the range that had allowed him to take down various foes in the past. He threw the boomerang with perfect skill, an attack aimed directly at the body of his opponent. The size of the object would make it seem as if its speed wouldn't be anything to take seriously; and under normal situations, it wouldn't. But the situation wasn't by any means what one would call "normal", Arzek's training in boomerangs had led him to perfect his technique with it; allowing him to overcome the problem with speed, it was as if a bird was gliding through the air, the world slowing itself down around it. (Soaring used, 2 left) As any ranger knew, against a skilled enemy, there was no such thing as a surefire shot; but as the ranger standing there at that moment knew, making the opponent underestimate an attack in any snse possible, brought something quite similar to it to the table.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:27 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

Severoth's purple optic fell dead upon the projectile headed his way. Instinctively he threw his body back, beginning the sickening symphony of cracks and creaks characteristic of the bending of his spine and ribs. Arzek's boomerang, however, had something about it. It was much faster than others Severoth had seen. And because of that trait, the summoner's evasive action was not swift enough to fully avoid the ranger's weapon, recieving a graze to the abdomen and an impact to the lower jaw that would have been extremely painful were it not for Severoth's lack of nerves. The magus was thrown back by the force of the boomerang's collision with his mandible, landing hard on his back and sending insects flying in all directions from within him. His aura of purple flames flickered and died. [Contortionist: prevented full impact.]

After a moment of remaining on the ground like a regular corpse, the summoner's body burst into violet fire once more, and he got up, somewhat clumsily. His lower jaw was cracked and hanging from one hinge, allowing a large, hairy tarantula to exit the skeleton's body. It crawled across his fleshless face and re-entered through the vacant left eye socket, where the "scar" was. Severoth calmly grabbed his jaw and forced it back into place with a blood-curdling crack. He licked his sharp teeth with his rotting tongue and fixed his optic on Arzek's face. [Dark Aura: prevented body from falling apart.]

"You mock me, young one,
I was served,
But to attack
You've had the nerve.

A curse it is
Which makes my speech
Be as it is,
So do not preach.

As for the hit,
I felt no pain,
I'll fight right back
And not in vain.
"

The eerie caster approached his foe, upon his face a would-be slasher smile if he had lips. He whipped his scythe out again. Severoth was known for liking theatrics, and this battle was no exception.

"Of magic tricks
I've made a habit,
From out my hand
Appears a rabbit!
"

The summoner took his scythe and raised it, darkening the atmosphere with his action. He placed the tip of the blade in his bony palm and mumbled some strange words. A strange red light remained in his hand when he removed the scythe, and he threw it at Arzek. The light shot towards Arzek, almost instantly turning into a big, black rabbit-like creature with large, wicked claws, sharp fangs, and horrible, glowing red eyes.

Summons: Roggle (x1)
Remaining Spirit Shackles: 17/20

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:20 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Arzek smirked with confidence as his boomerang struck its target, more so in that it hit an even better spot than the body he was initially aiming for. The weapon had hit Severoth's chin making a crack in it while turning it slightly around. And yet, the damage done seemed minimal in comparison to what it would be against a living being; it only proved to be a minor annoyance against the skeleton, as the only reaction was being thrown out of balance for a few seconds, just to spring back into his feet and readjust its mandible. Nevertheless, it proved to Arzek the weakness that such a body had; if he was to attack with precision, he'd be able to defeat the walking dead with his boomerangs, he just needed to create enough cracks to make it fall back to where it belonged.

"That's a plan I like" He thought.

Yet Arzek's opponent reacted before he had time to concentrate, Severoth showed his trade, he conjured a monster out of the scythe, a larg rabbit with imposing claws was lunging at the ranger before he had time to blink. The human reacted instinctively, reflex kicking in while taking the boomerang he had left from his pocket into his hand, quickly measuring the distance, he decided that a close range attack would prove more advantageous than using his specialty, as sad as it was. the boomerang in his hand was used to hit the rabbit's head in melee, by utilizing the reach of his arm, which was superior to the rabbit's claws, the metal weapon would hit it square in the face, and with any luck, if it was as fragile as real rabbits; such a blow would break the face of the thing killing it quickly. It saddened Arzek to kill a forest creature, but he cheered himself up by thinking that he had at the very least a good reason to do so.

The plains wouldn't be stained by the blood of the ranger, if anything, they'd have a new set of bones lying within their center, and having seen the usage the man gave to such innocent creatures, Arzek hoped that would be the case.

"Now you've done it!"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:50 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

The roggle that Severoth had summoned went down quickly, with nothing more than a growled whimper which was stopped short upon death. The ranger's boomerang struck the creature's cranium in such a way that it destroyed it, killing the roggle instantly. The summoner's optic flickered in surprise and anger. As sad a situation as the demise of the being he had summoned, he quickly brushed it off upon remembering the original purpose of summoning the monster. He stared at Arzek in his best impression of surprise and sadness.

"What have you done,
My ranger friend?
That beast's life you
Seemed glad to end.
"

He acted as disappointed as his skeletal self could allow it, trying to riddle his adversary with an unbearable guilt - judging by his past research, rangers were very close to nature. Especially elven ones, and though his current foe was human, he decided to give it a shot. If his plan succeeded, the ranger would become so overrun by the guilt of having killed an animal that he would have no time to react to the mage's next atrocity.

"A heartless thing
You've proved to be,
You must now leave
This land of trees.

It can't be risked,
I think you'll find,
To let you kill
With glee so blind.
"

The summoner stealthily raised his scythe and mumbled some words again. He ever so discretely sliced the atmosphere, which progressively darkened, opening a black hole from within which he extracted a hideous spectre. The void closed when the being was out. With a swift snap of his fingers, a doll appeared beside him. It was a ventriloquist dummy. A clown. The ghoul entered the doll guided by Severoth's hand, and the clown's messy hair grew long and tattered. The creature lost its eyes, leaving empty makeup markings, and it grew row after row of long, sharp teeth. its right hand deformed into a blade, and the left, into a small shield [Master of Puppets]. The creature got up and, with its master, stared at their human opponent.

Summons: Elanix (x1)
Remaining Spirit Shackles: 16/20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:35 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

The bunny fell to the ground with a soft thump sound, Arzek could only watch sadly as its life was ended by his hand. Meanwhile, his opponent took it upon himself to poke fun at him, ouncaring for the life he had just sent to its doom.

Hate swelled up furiously within Arzek's body, he had become the calm before the storm, and few moments later, his rage would become a hurricane. The reason for this was, that aside from sending a rabbit to its own demise in order to protect himself, the skeletal man had also defined it would be a good idea to do it in order to make the ranger guilty, just as if life was a tool to play with, rather than a single unique essence that every living being possesed, it was truly the cruelest action he had ever seen. The effect of said act was exactly the opposite from what the undead expected. Arzek thought just about how hed break every single bone of the enemy before him, until he no longer had a form, changing into dust lying around the plains. The point of no return had finally been crossed, an actual battle was about to ensue without any form of doubt fro either of its participants.

The ranger surveyed his surroundngs, the boomerang he had thrown before had landed around 2 meters left from Severoth; seeing as it was integral part of his combat techniques, he judged it neccesary to grab it before continuing his assailment. Nevertheless, from the scythe of his opponent, yet another creature made its appearance; the thing that sprung out of was a bizarre puppet designed for combat, with a look that seemed much more akin to its master. The thing became a new part for Arzek to factor into his strategy, as luck would have it; it stood aside of the boomerang that he needed. The situation didn't faze him , his anger was too much to be quelled by fear of such a simple enemy, instead; a fearless look bore itself into the eyes of the ranger, allowing him to put away his other boomerang, and take his bow out in order to take down the thing as quickly as he could fathom.

"I'll say it simply, when this ends; as payment for the rabbit you sent cowardly to protect you, you'll become dust in the wind"

With that statement, Arzek shot his arrow straight into the face of the wooden doll, before attacking it blindly he had to think of how it would resist the attack. it would also allow the man to test the speed o the doll; and whether it was a worthy opponent.

"Now I am sure, you deserved to be killed!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:19 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

The ranger's arrow flew so swiftly across the atmosphere that it was almost invisible - until it struck its target. It whacked Severoth's wooden companion smack in the middle of its eyeless face and sent it flying back a couple of feet. The summoner's aura exploded, turning him into a huge ball of purple fire as he emitted a blood-curdling screech of rage. His fire simmered down and he turned to glare at Arzek, his purple optic shrunken and spinning madly inside his skull.

"HOW DARE YOU, RANGER,
BE PREPARED
TO FACE MY WRATH -
YOU'D BEST BE SCARED!
"

He grabbed his scythe and began to twirl it around in his hand, igniting it with his blazing aura, slicing the atmosphere once again and extracting another hideous phantom. He snapped his fleshless fingers and before him appeared a badly stitched, pin-riddled rag doll. Still spinning the scythe, Severoth conducted the shrieking ghoul into the doll, which, as the clown before it, immediately lost its button-eyes, and its stitched mouth ripped open to reveal row after row of sharp teeth. On its head grew a dirty, tattered mane of long hair that reached its back. The end of its right arm adopted a spherical shape, and needles grew out of it. Clearly it was less dangerous than the clown's sword arm, but it still posed a threat to eyes. This one did not obtain a shield arm. Much to Severoth's surprise, behind him and his new doll rose the clown, cackling hysterically. It attempted to rip the arrow out of its face, but upon failing, it joined its master and new partner. Severoth let out a low, sinister laugh.

"My dolls are grand,
Your chances slim,
Now go, my children,
Finish him!
"

The rag doll and the dummy both ran as fast as their legs could carry them. The dummy opened its mouth and leapt at Arzek's leg to bite him, and the rag doll leapt towards his face, his mace arm drawn and ready.

Summons: Elanix (x2)
Remaining Spirit Shackles: 12/20

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:40 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

You... can't make your elanixes have different weapons than the ones assigned to them by rule of mod. I don't care this time since it it is weaker, just take it into account
----

Soon as he had shot his arrow, it hit the clown puppet straight in its wooden face, the thing hit the ground wsoundlessly, yet what startled Arzek the most was the reaction his opponent had upon watching the doll fall back to the ground. Just as if it was a family member, someone that had followed him throughout all of his life, the lifeless man 's anger was set ablaze with a power that defied the previous calm he had shown himself to have. Arzek's hate for someone that disregarded animal life in such way moved him to hurt him in a way hat would actually be painful; through his heart. A smile painted itself on Arzek's face, not the smile of a man that was planning on commiting a murder; It was a smile that in any other situation would have seemed as that which showed itself in the face of any happy man, of any man that had succeded in his goals.

"The mental game is a game for two"

A safe choice in the case they were at the moment would have been to outrun the puppets and attack their master while he was unprotected, however; the ranger had already broken through the wall of sanity. His tactic then changed, during the brief moment of rest his enemy had given him; Arzek quickly changed his weapon in hand from the bow which he put at his back into the boomerang which was better suited for combat at shorter length, the weapon which he planned to send flying to shatter Severoth's face. As the puppets lunged at him at the exact same time, Arzek jumped to the left, avoiding both of them almost completely, though the clown's sword was able to graze his left leg by virtue of being at the same side Arzek had jumped to. The ranger smiled as he saw the chance to take down one of the puppets his opponent loved so much.

Instead of attacking the enemy near his body, Arzek went for the head of the jester that had attacked his lower body, boomerang at his right hand. He pulled the weapon slightly back, as he lowered his body in order to hit the doll's head with the full force of it and make a second impact against the floor. Thinking that the doll was most likely not strong enough to resist the full brunt of the attack.

Arzek couldn't help but remembering the first time he had felt rage against someone, the first time he killed.

"Who could have done this?, the man was stabbed by the back while hunting." The elven elders discussed among themselves the possibility of someone from the village having comitted the crime, the kids were to continue their training as it could not have been one of them, Arzek was the same. Yet deep in his heart he knew who had been the perpetrator, the month before, he had seen the man hunt his game within the forest. Arzek had observed as the person killed deers and eagles, yet he never took their bodies, just their heads; leaving the edible parts as a section of the forest. As an unexpected feeling (Which Arzek would come to identify as rage) rushed through his veins, until one day; he asked his mother for a knife to cut through the bramble, he got closer to the man, and asked to see how he hunted. The object of Arzek's rage stood proud and smiled at the little bo, as he aimed straight into a doe. Arzek took the time during which the man had his back turned against him, and stabbed hi back, various times. he went away to the river that layed close, and washed the blood from his hands and knife. the people never questoined him in the village, because children had been excempt, or at his house, because they thought only the elven knew the forest well enough to escape s skillfully. It was the perfect crime

Exactly as that time

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:50 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

Arzek's boomerang connected with the clown's wooden head. Hard. It made a sickening CRUNCH as it cracked from the force of the blow, and another one as its head shattered upon impact with the ground. Shards of wood flew in all directions like harmless shrapnel. Severoth exploded in rage, emitting a blood-curdling screech. His will-o'-the-wisp-like optical orb spun and bounced around wildly inside his skull as his purple flames adopted a ferocious orange tone and increased greatly in intensity, and his sharp teeth and claws lengthened slightly. From the summoner's eye sockets, mandibles, sleeves, and from the base of his robe scurried countless blazing insects - and even a small snake - to escape the inferno that had formed on the skeletal being.

After the screech, his fit stopped. His eye settled in the left socket, the flames returned to their original intensity and violet colour, and his teeth and claws retracted to their original length. From the unmoving, headless body of the clown seeped a sickening black slime - and suddenly, from within it, shot out a ghoul. It flew at Arzek with a shriek that could only have come from the depths of Hell itself and collided with his chest. Due to its gaseous consistence and lack of an earthly body, it flew right through the ranger before evaporating. Severoth glared at Arzek, gritting his teeth.

"You hypocrite,
You CHOOSE to kill,
Let's see you cheat
Death with your skill.

You've ticked me off,
I'll cast my spell,
Now you'll face all
The powers of Hell!
"

The summoner raised a fleshless, flaming hand and pointed at Arzek, gesturing to his remaining Elanix to attack - action which the fiend did not hesitate to carry out. Instead of summoning another Elanix, as was his original plan, Severoth took matters into his own bony hands - and, grabbing his demonic scythe, charged at Arzek with all the intentions of killing him once and for all.

Summons: Elanix (x1)
Remaining Spirit Shackles: 16/20

Last edited by White Dragon Of Doom on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:36 am 
Initiated
Initiated

I salute you, Mods! Through mutual agreement, Brilliantly Dark and I have decided to take this battle to a poll, if it is possible, as we aren't really moving towards a victory and, knowing each other physically, it's somewhat hard to keep up with the three-day post limit. So if it's possible, could this be made into said poll? Cheers in advance :)