It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Top of the Roof (BDF, Nuncia)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:11 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Consider for a moment the night sky. There is the moon, the only good light source up there at night. Especially if it a full moon. And then there are the stars. How people react to a sight such that can tell you a lot about the person looking. Some people get lost in thought. Some try to determine the nature of what they are looking at, making up possible explanations. Some start counting. Some people are just awestruck at the sight before them.

Cindy didn't do any of those things. She belonged to the special group of people who never get that far. The group of people who have the following thought when seeing stars: "Ooooh, shiny!" And once they got over how shiny the stars were, they had forgotten what they wanted to look for. So their gaze wandered, eventually found the night sky again...

"Ooooohhh, and loook there! Isn't that just amazing? I mean, its so... shiny... I like it. You know, coins sort-of look similar when sunlight hits them... I wonder if that works with moonlight too; or do they just end up looking like silver coins instead of golden coins? You could cheat that way, if you had a golden coin, and... and... what was I talking about again? Oh I know. ... No. Wait. I don't. Nevermind. ... Hey, look over there! It's shiny! OOoooohhh...."

Cindy also belonged to the group of people who didn't shut up if they didn't see a reason for it. Musalis tried to keep her in line when they were around people, but she knew that it wasn't a good idea to antagonize her bible. So since they had stayed in this town for some time, she thought it fair to give Cindy some time where she could talk to her hearts content. Provided that bibles had hearts, which Musalis doubted.

The two of them had waited until night, and then climbed on the rooftop of the local inn, to watch the stars. And so, Musalis had heard quite a lot of variations on how shiny stars were the last hour or so. It was starting to get annoying, so Musalis let her mind drift to other things.

For instance, why the people here seemed to have just one design for houses. A block with of height one story, with a flat roof. even the inn was the same, just a bit wider. If you were lucky, you had a window in you room. It made the town look boring. She couldn't understand how people coped with living here every day.

But it did make for nice rooftops, she had to admit that. They were all the same height, and the paths between houses were so small that you could actually jump between the roofs of the different houses. Musalis and Cindy had tried this before they settled to watch the stars.

"... and then I told him, 'No way', I said, 'I'm a book! And so are you!' But it was okay, because you came to pick me up and.... oooooh... shiny..."

Post subject: Re: Top of the Roof (BDF, Nuncia)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:55 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

And yet another type of person found the night sky more than useful; it was a guide of direction, time, space, and life. If one spent enough time under such abundance of twinkling knowledge, they would understand the very nature of the sky itself. Especially if that one was using the current setting of stars alignments and moon position to gauge her path along the tracks she had been following. The lights from the town below the sky seemed a mundane, unknowing light source with almost no information to be gleaned save for the fact people lived there.

People that this one knew would not be pleased to have her 'type' around. Not that she cared, really, but she was on a mission. A mission that had just become more complicated, it seemed, by the massive collection of prints scattering over her path. She bent down to look at the tracks she was following faithfully from the forests in the south, over the Plains, and now, she became stuck. There were more than one set of footprint headed in the direction she wanted, two of the five sets closer to the dancers feet she had been following, given how deep they were, both were fairly light on their feet. She decided to find the root of this issue and head into the town, against her better judgement.

At the first building on the outskirts of the small town, steps came and went with more frequency, slight noises of others still within making her back up into the shadows. It was hidden in the shadows that she heard a voice, nonsensical in its babbling about what she could only guess to be the stars themselves. She frowned, listening for the source of the voice. It sounded much too chatty to be the silent Sutera that she sought, but maybe this one was the other dancer's foot, in which she could take the foot, find the prints that match and follow the other set out of this dwelling place of humans and hopefully lead her to a nice wood. Anything but another settlement. With her tuned hearing, she found the source of the voice on the roof, a thin robed figure with a book atop the inn; that would be the foot she needed.

With years of climbing trees behind her, she scaled the haphazardly stacked boxes on the far wall of the inn, crouched low on the flat roof, her pale brown skin and markings blending somewhat with the sky and dark roof. She started to sneak up on the figure while she chatted away, intent on finishing this quick so she could hack a foot and get on with her mission, kris glinting in the moonlight as she drew it from her belt.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:51 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"... I get that she had an apple. But why are the three servants beavers?"

"Ah, that's simple. They helped build her castle, which is shaped like a dam, even if there is no river around. You see, if you look to the right, you can see her castle next to the enchanted forest of..."

Somewhere along the line, Musalis suspected, boredom had driven her slightly mad. Somehow she had reasoned that it would be a good idea to ask Cindy for her interpretation of star signs. Now she had heard a few rather disturbing stories, which she would be reminded of every time she looked at the sky. The worst part was that is all was almost consistent. The stars almost made the pictures Cindy pointed out; and the stories did fit at some level. It was just that that the stories themselves sounded as if they had been invented by a six-year-old. The naming of characters fit, as did the random introduction of elements. But stories made up by children didn't have consistency. You weren't supposed to look at all the tangled elements in the story, and then realize that they all tied into elements from previous stories, and made for a sensible whole, where each single part fit immaculately. Stories like that made you wonder if the universe was just like that; seemingly fitting and whole on the surface, and random and jumbled once you zoomed in closer.

She started to envy normal people, who got to sleep at night. They didn't have to put up with things like this. And she wasn't sure how much longer she could handle this without going crazy. Musalis needed something to distract her from these thoughts. Something like a song, or a poem, or...

A chiming sound proclaimed to all present of the roof that metal had just struck metal. And a sudden short burst of pain at her back told Musalis where that had been. Someone had tried to stick a knife in her. Only her mage mail had prevented that from actually happening.

... or a fight. Yes. A fight would do nicely, claiming her attention, focusing her mind on other things. Perfect.

Musalis spun around, and drew her Battle Tuning Fork. In a grand gesture, she swept it around until it pointed towards the unexpected opponent. It seemed to be an elf, and not a drow. Shouldn't he be in a forest, then?

"I am Musalis.", she proclaimed, "Bearer of Cindy, Priest of Ochre. Prepare to die. ... Not necessarily right now, of course. I's just that all mortal beings die eventually, and you don't look undead. Oh, and then there are Gods. They don't die either. You're not a God, are you?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:55 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The satisfying sound of her kris slicing through some of the mail made the moment sweet. That was, until it turned sour by the missing puncture of flesh, the cry out of pain... wait. Where's the flesh?! She pulled her kris free and skittered backwards a foot or so, defensive now. What in the world had she found?!

Whatever it was, it spoke to her, though her words seemed to ramble a little;

"I am Musalis. Bearer of Cindy, Priest of Ochre. Prepare to die. ... Not necessarily right now, of course. It's just that all mortal beings die eventually, and you don't look undead. Oh, and then there are Gods. They don't die either. You're not a God, are you?"

She didn't know how to approach this... creature. It had no flesh, which would say to her that it was dead, and yet it was speaking to her... How? She mentioned the undead, and that made the Sylvaan frown more. What was more, the creature seemed human, had a name and everything. Naming a book though... wait. She had heard two voices. Where was the other? Quickly she looked around, though there was no one else up here besides herself and this... skeleton that spoke. Setting her confusion behind, though it was still there, she crouched low and stared at it, replying to her question at least.

"I am no god. I am Nuncia. What the hell are you? You should be dead by that blow!" she said looking to her drawn kris a moment to make sure there was no blood on it, which it was free of the crimson caress, only adding to her confusion. For a moment she forgot her quest to find Sutera and foremost to take the foot of this person so she could continue on with her quest. She was too preoccupied with this new revelation that the dead walk in this world.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:34 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"No, you misunderstood me.", said Musalis, laughing cheerfully, "Invoking hell is the wrong thing to do. 'What the heaven are you?' might be a better attempt. On the other hand, to get the distinction, you'd have to have followed who I am, thus invalidating the need to ask... so let's put things a little clearer. I. Am. A. Priest. Ochre is my God, and I serve him. Cindy is my holy bible, and I carry her. Thus Bearer of Cindy, Priest of Ochre.

Anyway, pleased to meet you, Nuncia."

That should clear everything of introductions, and they could start fighting. Or... wait... come to think of it, there were several things still left unsaid. For instance, she hadn't introduced Cindy personally. Also, she didn't know why she had been attacked. Not that she was ungrateful - it had been a welcome distraction - but as far as Musalis knew, attacking random strangers on rooftops wasn't something commonly done. But then again, Musalis didn't often stay on rooftops. Perhaps the rules were different up here.

Musalis gathered her bible, which had been lying beside her to have a clear view of the stars, and held it out to Nuncia. Her voice was still cheerful.

"Nuncia, meet Cindy. She is my bible and trusty - though sometimes annoying - companion. Cindy, meet Nuncia. She is my honored opponent tonight, and attacked me because... actually, I have no idea. She just came out of the blue and stabbed me."

"I'd say 'out of the black' is more appropriate, seeing as it is nighttime... but fine. I'll be good. Hi, Nuncia. Please don't stab Musalis there when she is carrying me, or you might hurt me."

By then, Musalis had gotten time to judge her opponent. At least as well as anyone could be judged from appearances alone. She seemed to be a bit higher than normal humans. Musalis hadn't met other forest-elves, so she couldn't say how Nuncia was compared to her own kin. But she still doubted that it was common among them to dress the same as Nuncia was - after all, in no part of the world had Musalis yet encountered a culture with as little clothing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:14 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The skeleton seemed to think her slow in the head, or at least that was what Nuncia was taking it as as she introduced herself a second time, even though her tone was cheerful as a child in a flower field. Strange... one was usually angered or at least startled when a stranger attempted to stab them in the back.

"Invoking hell is the wrong thing to do. 'What the heaven are you?' might be a better attempt. On the other hand, to get the distinction, you'd have to have followed who I am, thus invalidating the need to ask... so let's put things a little clearer. I. Am. A. Priest. Ochre is my God, and I serve him. Cindy is my holy bible, and I carry her. Thus Bearer of Cindy, Priest of Ochre.

Anyway, pleased to meet you, Nuncia."

The Sylvaan was about to clarify her own question more when the priest seemed to remember her book for some reason and continued to speak, leaving Nuncia speechless for a moment at what was happening. She had honestly thought this to be an easy task, but now it was more complicated than ever.

"Nuncia, meet Cindy. She is my bible and trusty - though sometimes annoying - companion. Cindy, meet Nuncia. She is my honored opponent tonight, and attacked me because... actually, I have no idea. She just came out of the blue and stabbed me."

Then out of nowhere the voice she had heard in the first place that had led her to the rooftop to the strange skeleton spoke, and at first she looked around again to figure out where the voice was coming from, her ears honing in on the book in the girls hands. No way. Now the Bible speaks. What was this world turning into?!

"I'd say 'out of the black' is more appropriate, seeing as it is nighttime... but fine. I'll be good. Hi, Nuncia. Please don't stab Musalis there when she is carrying me, or you might hurt me."

She stared for a moment, looking as stumped as an orc for a moment before her tongue found words again. By this time, her crouch was very defensive, her kris held out as she stood her own ground, though if that started speaking too, she wouldnt be around longer to see what it said.

"I think you misunderstood me. How are you alive when you are... dead? And how is your book speaking? It is your book and not a cheap parlor trick right?" She asked just to make sure, though this entire endeavor was turning out to be confusing. The only sane part of what she had said was voicing her confusion as to why she was being attacked, which the Sylvaan had no problem with explaining; at least that made sense to her.

"As for me attacking you, I am on a quest, and you have something I need in order to be able to continue. I heard... Cindy... speaking earlier and assumed it was you speaking, in which case I also assumed you were the one that must have been in possession of the article I need to continue. Now I would like to commence this fight so then I can proceed on my quest, and preferably before the sun rises. I'm not fond of towns and fighting atop a building is borderline in my interest, but necessity forces my hand," she said with a small sneer, wishing that her attempts at reigning in her anger would fare her better in this battle, though the confusion was as good a distraction as any from her ever prevalent anger.

Hopefully though, this confusion wouldn't hinder her at all in her mission to steal the girls foot. A strange mission, but one she needed. This would be her first test before she met with Sutera, and a good measure of if she could manage the change in ways at all, with Sutera's help or none.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:27 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Nuncia raised an interesting question, asking how she and Cindy were speaking, and thinking and all that came with it. Musalis hadn't really thought much about that before. And, she soon decided, she wouldn't start now. For the question just raised new ones - how were humans alive? Elves, dwarfs, and all the other races? There was often very, very little distinguishing a dead person from a living one. In order to find that difference, you probably had to search for a lifetime. That was time Musalis didn't have; she had more important matters to attend. So for the time being, she would just accept her and Cindy's sapience as a gift of Ochre, and not think about it further.

Musalis was about to answer something to that end, but Nuncia continued, now explaining why she had attacked. Apparently, the elf wanted something. Intriguingly, she didn't tell explicitly what she wanted. However, she must assume that Musalis wouldn't part with it willingly - otherwise she could have asked, instead of attacking without warning. But, given Nuncias obvious lack of knowledge about skeletons, how would she know what Musalis wouldn't part with?

Oh well, it didn't really matter. Musalis was here to fight in order to distract herself, not to guess her opponents reason for fighting. She decided to test her opponents defenses before starting the battle in earnest. Her Battle Tuning Fork was already pointed in Nuncias direction. So Musalis took a step forward, to come into range, and made a quick stab at her opponents chest.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:36 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The question must have provoked some thought or series of them, or maybe a lack of them-- either way the skeleton named Musalis Priest of Ochre (whoever that was, she had her own Gods and knew nothing of these new world Gods) decided to attack, thrusting a double pronged item at her that she could only identify with a dagger of sorts, though it was double bladed, and headed for her chest. Thankfully the roof was flat, which gave her the room she needed to bend backwards so the blade-fork would pass above her, more or less falling onto her back, and rolling out of range in another crouch to the left of the girls strike, kris being pocketed in her belt. By her minds assumption, if the first strike didn't work on the girl, than most likely the next hundred wouldn't, which meant she was severely limited in what she could do. Or maybe not limited, but unlimited.

Cutting wouldn't work, so her mind worked fast; her eyes bled crimson over the yellow-orange as she ran towards the skeleton. As she would have come within range of the girl she shifted into her Gorilla, arms in the air ready to thump the skeleton below her, great hands fisted for the attack. The roof creaked under the new weight of the animal, its extra 500 lbs of weight a strain on the boards under them. The gorilla brought her hands down in a quick motion, hoping to crush the girl under her. The gorilla was fast for its size, but still otherwise slower than most ninjas, or likewise nimble creatures.

But what of her question could have angered the skeleton girl so much she chose to attack? Was it the questions, or the fact she had attacked first? Damn it, all she wanted was a foot! If crushing the rest of her would give her that foot, then so be it. Then she could be out of this village before sunrise and back into a wood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rabies 1/8 posts
-Silver-backed Gorilla (1/3 posts)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:12 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Nuncia dodged, by rolling backwards. That was quite interesting, for it Musalis had followed through with her attack, she could have caught her opponent. But then again, following all the way through with an attack meant committing yourself to it. And that exposed you to danger. Musalis preferred to sting her opponent, staying far enough away to have a chance to avoid counterattacks. Although, dodging made it more difficult to counter an attack. It was much easier when blocking - Musalis herself had often noticed how easily she was caught when her opponent managed to stop her weapon right in front of them. It was basically an invitation to grab her wrist. Although, since recently, being blocked had a nice side effect. With her Battle Tuning Fork, every contact was enough to transfer the harmful vibrations. So even a blocked attack somehow counted as a hit.

Keeping that in mind, she still didn't want to block anything herself. As a child skeleton, she couldn't really stop any strong attack. That was why she preferred dodging. The question was always the same, though - which way to dodge? Musalis briefly scanned the roof around her, as Nuncia got back up and started in her direction, obviously trying a counterattack. To her left, she would get uncomfortably close to the edge of the roof, and Musalis didn't really like getting out of the way backwards - you never knew just how far your opponent carried her attack. That meant towards her right.

Musalis waited for an instant more, until Nuncia was close enough that she couldn't easily change her attack. Then Musalis quickly sidestepped twice, and slightly turned to face her opponent again. What met her gaze wasn't was she had expected at all. But then, thinking about it, she wasn't really sure what she had expected - Nuncia didn't have any magic or visible weapons. Musalis silently chided herself, for not considering what she was up against. It was not obvious that it was a shapeshifter - the gorilla where Nuncia had just been gave that away quite clearly. But what if... what if Nuncia had transformed into something bigger? Musalis wouldn't have been far enough away. As it was, she had just barely escaped the range of the downward thrust that clearly was meant to crush her. To be safe, Musalis backed away further. She wouldn't be able to counter, but it would give her a moment to prepare for the next attack.

But seriously? Crush her? Wasn't that a little excessive, this early in battle? Weren't you supposed to keep your stronger attacks in reserve for the latter half of the battle, and start like she had done herself, by testing your opponents strength? Maybe Nuncia was just new to this. Or weird. After all, she had attacked Musalis without warning. That really wasn't commonly done, except by thieves. And Musalis for some reason doubted that Nuncia was a thief.

Of course, there was another reason for Nuncia to use strong attacks, this early. An more ominous reason. Perhaps this was her weak attack - and Musalis had only seen a tiny bit of her true power. In that case, Musalis would be really hard pressed. Preparing for the worst, Musalis took a tighter grip on her Battle Tuning Fork.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:30 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

((Sorry, was laughing so hard... And I really just wanted to use the gorilla for once, this is my first battle with it! Yay!))

The great balled fists of the gorilla slammed into the roof with enough force to crack it, most likely sending major dust falling onto anyone in that part of the inn, and easily shaking the foundations of the building. But what disappointed her was the fact the skeleton hadn't been under her fists when they fell; no, she had dodged off to the right, away from the edge to the left, and backing up a little more just in case.

The gorilla seemed to move as if it was in continual motion, the fists hitting the roof and as soon as the Sylvaan realized what had happened the fists were again in motion, this time taking a step forwards with its shorter legs, headed towards the girl, the furthest fist planting itself on the ground on its knuckles as it continued forwards towards the girl, sweeping its left arm towards her hoping to grab her.

The roof creaked again as the great ape swung its weight around, beams and supports below starting to bend from the impacts and movements of the one above. A great roar from the beast showed the long yellowing canines of one that was meant to puncture more than just flesh, the strength easily capable of pulling a man limb from limb. She finally felt like she got the fear she deserved with this form, and within it was reveling at the feeling of the power with this form. It was beneath that reveling that she felt the wear on her body though, telling her that she couldn't keep this form for too much longer. A pity, but it was fun while it lasted. Now if only she could grab the skeleton girl and just get that damned foot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rabid transformation 2/8 posts
-Gorilla 2/3 posts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:52 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The roof really didn't sound very stable. Maybe she could use that somehow. There had to be something she could use to make it collapse completely... and if she was close enough to one of the sides, she could jump to safety on the next roof. Meanwhile, Nuncia (or the gorilla... did a shapeshifter retain the original personality in its new form?) would be free to collapse together with the roof, giving the advantage to Musalis. To collapse the roof Musalis could use Concussion, that should do the trick.

But as always, there were problems with the plan. No plan was ever perfect, or at least no plan Musalis had heard of. This particular plan had two major flaws: First, Musalis wasn't close enough to the edge of this roof to jump to the next. Two, her opponent seemed faster than her. So it was unlikely that she would get there in time.

Still, Musalis continued backing away, as quickly as she could. As expected Nuncia came after her again. The large animal moved with more speed than anything of that size had any right to have. She took another step to avoid the arm that came to grab her, but miscalculated the length of the arm. Instead of getting out of the way, she just stepped into its hand. And so, she was caught. Far too early, Musalis thought. Oh, well. This needn't be the end. Maybe she could still get Nuncia to let her go.

It was time to get dramatic. Also... a bit of help wouldn't be too bad. Time to sing and pray. Musalis let the blessing of Ochre flow though her voice, enabling it to touch souls rather than just ears, affecting all listening much stronger than normally. [Siren's Talent used] Then, she let her clear voice fly free over the rooftops.

"OOOooooooooohhhhhh
Wooooooooooeeeeeeee
is me.

I'm caught, like a fly in a spiders web
Immobilized before I could take one step
So I sing woooooeeee is meeeeeee
I just wanted to be freeeeeeee
To travel the world, and see
All that life could possibly be.

But!

My freedom was cruelly taken
My soul was terribly shaken!

YEEEEeeeesss,
Wooooooooooeeeeeeee
is meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...."

[Praying, Post 1]
[Siren's talent used, 2x left]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:13 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The satisfaction of having grabbed the small girl was overshadowed by a strange sadness that swept through her as the song washed over her; a strange sadness indeed. The gorilla's grip lessened a little, not quite to crushing strengths, but still tight enough to hold onto the girl, the great beast sitting flat on its rump with the girl in hand, looking to anyone watching similar to a scene from King Kong. The Sylvaan was used to the feelings of nostalgia, but this longing... what in the world was she longing for? Her home? Her family? Her friend at least? She sat holding the girl up in the air for a good few seconds before she came to the decision. She wasn't going to get anywhere with being depressed and moping.

She had to get that foot.

At the very least she could let the girl live, and not crush her as planned.

While sitting, the roof began to creak more under the weight, surly about to collapse soon, though it still held out, as long as the great animal was still. Reaching with the other hand, she grabbed the girl's left ankle and with a sad look gave a tug, disconnecting the leg from the knee down, and looking at it before tossing the girl a small ways away, almost gently, no longer interested in pulverizing her into dust, but just to continue with her quest. Stealing a foot was a small price to pay at least.

Shifting out of her Gorilla form straight into the Snow leopard, a white ghost in the dim lighting, she picked the foot up in her mouth and with a quick flick of her tail had jumped from the roof landing neatly as cats do, seeming to look around for a second, circling the dust path of the town like a bloodhound. Using the foot, she planted it in a clean patch of tracks, observing its lines before circling again, seeming to find something, and started to walk off towards the farther end of town, the opposite way she had come in from, the girl's foot still in her mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rabid transformation 3/8 posts
-Gorilla 3/3 posts 1/1 uses
-Leopard 1/1 uses

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:16 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Things weren't going as planned. Now, usually, that was to be expected. After all, no strategy survived contact with the enemy. But still, Musalis was currently in a magnitude of distress that was unusual. The problem was the effect of her Siren's Talent. Over time, Musalis had gotten used to it having a large effect; at least stopping her opponent from doing anything that went against her. Sometimes, she would even get a little help from her adversaries. So it came as quite a surprise that Nuncia did something as harmful as taking her foot. It left Musalis speechless for a moment, enough for her opponent to jump down from the roof, throwing her away like a toy. That was enough to break Musalis' calm.

"She. Took. My. Foot.", Musalis thought, while struggling to stand on the one foot she had left, "Right. No more holding back. This means war."

She hopped to the edge of the roof, and looked down. She spotted a white leopard below, and reasoned that it probably was Nuncia. There was no other reason for it to be there, and there was no sign of a gorilla. The leopard walked away, apparently calm, and in no hurry. As if the battle was already over, and there was nothing more to fear. Well, Musalis would show him differently. She raised her bible over her head, and began singing a fighting song. After all, what use was crushing your enemy if there wasn't music to put you in the right mood?

"Fight!
I'll show my enemies my might!
There's no place for them to hide!
I won't let her out of my sight
Prove that taking my foot wasn't right
So with grim delight
I will fight!"

Musalis called upon the power of Cindy, enabling her to close the distance to Nuncia instantly. With all the power she could muster, she brought the bible down towards her adversary's head. [Cindy Bible Bash used] And the power she could muster was considerable. While she, as a skeleton child, wasn't very strong, she had a special link with her bible. It allowed her to wield to book as if it was far lighter. [Bible link] In addition to this, the gift from Ochre further amplified the power in her attack. [Cindy Bible Bash]

If it hit, the impact would throw her backwards. Again, that wasn't normally a problem. She could just land on her feet. Only now one of those feet was missing, so Musalis would struggle to keep her balance. Fortunately, there were walls nearby, which Musalis could use to steady herself with.

"War!
Seeping into my very core!
Seeking my foot to restore.
And to avenge it before
May destiny roar
I am sure
This is War!"

[Praying, Post 2]
[Cindy Bible Bash used, 2x left]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:37 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The song from on the roof that had swayed her had given her the mercy needed to save the girl from being crushed, but some things were needed beyond what one felt. She honestly felt terrible for taking the girl's foot, but it was a necessary evil to right so many more wrongs in the future. Her quest was one that would save many people from her wrath, if it managed to get far enough. As of right now, the mercy and sadness she felt over such a small act as taking a foot made her wonder if it was her anger that was an issue, or her single minded acts towards a singular vague goal...

She continued with her work, trying to get over the sadness that holding the foot in her mouth gave her, though there was nothing to do about it now. Maybe she'd give the foot back after she was through. The song above her on the roof, now changed, did little to her concentration, not thinking that a girl with only one foot could really do that much damage. So she continued on stamping footprints and observing them, continuing on to find the right ones.

With the foot's tracks giving her a better scope of what footprints she was tracking, she had almost managed to find the right ones.... that was until a metal tipped book went smashing down on her head, causing her face to hit the dirt, her jaws clamping the bones in her mouth with enough force to barely crack it. With a snarl she righted herself on her feet, hackles raising above the foot in her mouth to swing around with a slash of her clawed paws, to strike at air.

Looking around quickly for where the strike came from, she was surprised to see the girl on the ground now, even with one foot, and that blasted book in her hands held tightly. Her head throbbed with the strike, her red eyes gleaming in the night, the small light from the inn and homes around them illuminating the scene with muted tones. With the foot still in her mouth, she went to close the gap between her and the skeletal girl that dared strike her while she was working. And now her head throbbed like mad, making her more irritable, the sadness waning to her anger, which controlled her more than she controlled it in her animal forms.

Wasn't not crushing her a better treatment than just taking a foot?

This anger from the little one was almost confusing to the Sylvaan, considering Musalis was dead, a skeleton, and wouldn't miss her foot too much, considering she had planned on giving it back after her work was done. But if that was how she wanted to play then so be it. Closing the distance would take a few seconds at least, but it was what she would do when she got there that would make it worth while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rabid Transformation 4/8 posts
-Gorilla 3/3 posts 1/1 uses
-Leopard 1/1 uses

((She tried to attack once but missed, so now shes just dashing towards, next post she will attack, but there is plenty of opportunity to counter it before she does attack))

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:05 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Ah, drama. As Musalis steadied with a hand on a wall, she considered what would be the most dramatic way of demanding her foot back. 'Return my foot at once!'? It sounded a bit too... formal. There was a limit for how formal you could formulate yourself in a situation like this without sounding ridiculous. Then maybe 'Hey, that's my appendage you have there! You have no right to take it!' But that was too long and tedious. It sucked out all the drama due to the time spent before she would be finished saying it. No, she definitely needed something shorter. Not being able to come up with anything better, Musalis decided to go for the obvious.

Now it was just a matter of timing it to the punchline. Musalis waited for the last moment it took Nuncia to recover from the shock of her suddenly appearing down here. She waited until the leopardform had turned towards her, and started running. That should give her just enough time. Musalis was now steady enough to stand on her foot, and held her hands close together, preparing for Nuncia to almost reach her. She needed her opponent to be close enough to catch most of the blast, but she didn't want her to get close enough to do any harm. Adressing Nuncia, Musalis proclaimed:

"Give. Me. Back. My."

At this time, Nuncia had nearly reached Musalis. Musalis quickly brought her hands together, using Ochre's gift to release a shockwave. [Concussion used] It should be enough to throw Nuncia back; far enough that she couldn't counterattack. At least that was what Musalis hoped; she wasn't quite sure how the blast worked on persons rapidly closing in on her.

"FOOT!"

And then Musalis realized that she should probably keep praying. She couldn't keep on throwing around her with the gifts Ochre had given her - sooner or later, they would run out. And then it would be a good idea to have something to fall back on. Being able to call on a God for help seemed to fit that description.

But there was the question of how Nuncia would react to Musalis suddenly bursting out in song - again. It would be... suspicious. And then, Musalis got a wonderful idea of how to make her singing plausible.

"Now. In case you weren't fully listening, I will repeat my inquiry. In songform. Ahem. This is the aria for the request for the return of my foot.

My foot!
I need it to walk
I need it to run and be happy
It's good!
My foot!

But it was stolen by you
So here is what you should do:
Return my foot, give it back to me
Return my foot, and you shall see
I won't try to kill you
anymore.

My foot!