It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: One Stormy Night (BD & LSS & me(of course))
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:55 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

The winding path opened out of the forest into a moderately large clearing about 20 yards of space surrounded by a neat forest. The sun was nicely past noon and the shadows had just started to form under the canopy of leaves. In the distance clouds were gathering and you can hear the faint sound of running water. The path wound it way across the middle disappearing into the underbrush on the other side of the clearing. There was a fire going and a young elf had a bed roll laid out in the middle of the clearing. The fruit of nature hung from a couple of trees and the sound of animals rushing for dens echoed as even the smallest of creatures readied themselves for the coming storm.

Morgoth has been watching the clouds for nearly two hours now; the drow lost in thought couldn't help but remembering preparing the farm for such storms. He could see Alashand's face watching over him in the stars the dark elf tracing the old man in the dirt with the tip of his sword. The old mans caring eyes glittering as he smiled at the young elf, his apprentice, his son. The flash of lightning showed the tears running down his face myrie had been washed down river when they crossed and he knew he must go after her even if saving Raine was his priority. He didn't even know if Raine was still alive but if Myrie were dead he knew he would have felt it.

Sliding his sword back into its sheath he prepared to trance so that he'd be rested and ready to move on before the storm hit. The elf closed his eyes and began to trance as he heard the rain start in the distance his ominous feeling still irked him however and he could shake the feeling he wasn't alone.

Post subject: Re: One Stormy Night (BD & LSS & me(of course))
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:32 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Arzek couldn't bring himself to walk at a pace faster than that of a stroll as he moved through the forest. The seemingly endless amount of trees, the aroma of bark that permeated through his nostrils, the sound of rustling leaves caused by wind and small animals returning to theit homes. "Home" he pondered the word for a while, giving it various meanings and forms, attempting to hide himself from the reality of not having one; but in the end it was true, he had no place to return to whenever he got hurt, and as he was now he could only bear to pay an nn and stay for the night, or sleep in the wilderness; constantly endangered by environmental hazards. But his desire to be free wouldn't allow him to relegate himself to a life of hunting for the village, marrying, and passing on the elven traditions. No, he had to punish those who wronged his ideas, and to do so he'd continue his everlasting journey.

While he was deep in thought, he didn't realize that the amount of trees around him had been diminishing by the second, clear ground making its appearance with much more frequency than before. Once he finally snapped back into reality, the ranger was able to observe a clearing, ilarge and spacious, surrounded by trees in all directions. In a normal situation, he'd have chosen to lay down and rest right at that zone; nevertheless, his current predicament wouldn't allow for such a thing. First of all, because of the clouds that gathered, to him, they were monsters of tremndous size about to drool on their dinner. Next, and equally as important, was the man that he saw on the opposite end of the clearing.

Arzek's excellent sight (Augmented Sight) allowed him to discern the other person as a drow, wearing a leather armor which Arzek doubted was made with the intention to protect the user while he was collecting rice. He pulled out his bow without wasting a second, aiming an arrow right at the other man. he had learned through bitter experience, that regardless of how anyone looked, if you found another being with thought process better than that of animals, you shoiuld immediately protect yourself. The ranger screamed loud enough for the drow to hear, revealing his thoughts as clarly as possible.

"Are you friend, or foe?!

(LSS you go next :D)

Last edited by Brilliantly Dark on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:04 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

The hassles of running a sect as large and complex as the Order of Zoltan are countless in number, and Infineon just needed to get away from it all. At dawn Infineon left the site of the Grand Cathedral, leaving instructions that he was not to be followed by anyone so that he might be left alone to commune with his deity. The nearby woods were a convenient place for Infineon’s to conduct his prayers, so he made his way into the forest accompanied only by his faithful companion Levitas. However, Infineon had only just reached his blessed glade when the quiet of the forest was shattered by a strident voice, the message clearly reaching Infineon even though he was a fair distance from the glade from which the voice originated.

“Are you friend, or foe?”

Infineon quickly judged the tone and intention of the voice; it could either be the call of a traveller encountering another along the road, or it could be a signal that an ambush had been laid and an unwary traveller had fallen into the snare. Infineon decided that regardless of the origin of the voice it would be better to be safe than sorry, and so he quickly moved toward the glade, hoping to make it in time to prevent any misfortune that might occur there.

In a short amount of time, Infineon had arrived on the scene and surveyed the scene for potential danger. Slightly to Infineon’s left was a human who was sporting elfish equipment, and was dressed in the traditional garb of a ranger of the woods. The other being in the clearing was a dark elf who’s sword at his waist singled him out as a samurai, and based on his armour he was probably descended from one of the higher class. The two were facing off across the clearing, with the human’s bow drawn and ready. Judging by the fact that the samurai seemed unprepared, it looked like the ranger had pulled their bow while the elf was still oblivious to the ranger’s presence. Infineon chafed at this dishonourable gesture, and entered the clearing to clear up the dispute.

“Travellers! What business do you have, fighting in my woods? I would not have blood spilt so near a holy place! Please, take your dispute elsewhere…”
--------------------
Infineon is just inside the clearing, closer to Arzek, about 7m or so away
Levitas is flying high, and can be discounted for this turn and the next
Stress: 0 (1/4)

"Little solace comes to those who grieve/When thoughts keep drifting, when walls keep shifting/And this great blue world of ours seems like a house of leaves/Moments before the wind." ~House of Leaves

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:48 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

The elves trance disrupted by a pair of voices he knew that at least one of them was of similar descent not unlike other elven voices from the Underdark with the accent less thick then those of his brethren. Open his eyes he listened to the exchange at hand,

“Are you friend, or foe?” coming from a human who had intelligently pre-drawn his arrow as to avoid any preemptive strike from either him or the high elf who now spoke as well,

“Travellers! What business do you have, fighting in my woods? I would not have blood spilt so near a holy place! Please, take your dispute elsewhere…"

"I am Morgoth outcast of the Underdark, I wouldn't aim an arrow at another traveler so quickly human. I"ve been heading back to my home town to recover my rightful place as heir apparent and save Raine my brothers wife. Have either of you seen a female human near the river?" allowing his voice the air of confidence without attempting to seem conceded the elf loosened his sword in its sheath. Tighten his armor straps and gloves, Morgoth had yet to fight a Ranger and this could be the challenge he'd been looking for.

"Brother elf if I'm assaulted here i fear i will not have a choice but to strike back i wouldn't bare arms into a holy place but, i must defend my honor if encroached upon."

In the distance the storm has inched its way across the sky the clouds roiling and the sun is mere inches away from being covered if he could reach the treeline once the sun was covered he could easily take out both combatants if necessary. The drow only hoped that both weren't ranged fighters the human was clearly a ranger but the elf could be anything from a monk to a caster in his current garb. Thoughts of Alashand came to mind when he saw the high elf he was hoping the elf was not a caster of his adoptive fathers skill. Alashand highly skilled had also in his age become highly skilled in a range of other things. If the elves speed or weaponry had become to far advanced he feared they would be highly out classed. inspecting the ground with the eye not locked on the ranger he noticed many small rocks. Using his left foot he lift one from around the fire place and kicked it toward the ranger.[Vanguard mentality] If the rock were to hit the bow of the elf he may even disarm him for a moment with the strength put into that kick. Hoping to force him to loose the air prematurely and thus be able to deflect it with his sword.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:03 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

As soon as the human had drawn his bow, a member of the magically inclined elven branch showed up to express his rage at the fight in "his" forest. Arzek couldn't help but to laugh at the man's ideas; as long as he was concerned, the forest belonged only to both, the animals that housed themselves within, without disturbing the normal pace of nature, and the gods that ruled over land, who decided the shape of every territory. Nevertheless, the drow in front of him snapped him back to reality without wasting a single second.

The dark elf spoke about protecting his title, aiding his sibling's wife. Arzek was slightly moved by the situation his adversary was in, yet the moment of emotion didn't last long enough to make him feel remorseful. The armed opponent kicked a rock straight at his bow, perhaps attempting to disarm him, or at the very least hurt his hand. Yet the ranger wouldn't allow for either of those things to happen. The uman had trained with the sylvaan as his peers, and yet he had been able to become the best new ranger with his skills; which he attributed to his agility (Monkey Legs). Arzek pushed his left feet into the hard ground, propelling himself a short distance to his right, and landing with enough speed to be able to avoid the projectile and shoot quickly.

His arrow was aimed towards his opponent's chest, for he wasn't attempting to harm him, just warn him of what he could do.

" To you, dark elf heir, I can only tell you that this shot was aiming at your armor; but I don't attempt to harm you just yet, just warn you. Then I'd also add, that though my earlier behaviour was reckless, it has happened to me twice now, that while alone, a traveller attacked me without any good reason to do so; but afterwards I'd ask, do you actually care about what you said you are looking for?, I think not seeing as you attacked someone who could give you information without a second thought. And at the cloaked person beside me, I'll just say, that this forest belongs only to the animals that make their home here without disturbing the land, and to the gods that formed the hard ground we are standing on."

He had been careful to call the person opposite of him dark elf, rather than the much more disrespectful drow; so as to avoid conflict if possible. And the darkening skies backed up his worries, as darkness wouldn't allow him to be able to see everything in the best perspective, at least until his eyes adjusted.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:21 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Within seconds of entering the clearing, Infineon realised that any effort to prevent combat here would fall on deaf ears. Each side had only one short message to each other and to Infineon before they began to fight; fighting without any apparent provocation at all.

"I am Morgoth outcast of the Underdark, I wouldn't aim an arrow at another traveler so quickly human. I"ve been heading back to my home town to recover my rightful place as heir apparent and save Raine my brothers wife. Have either of you seen a female human near the river?"

Infineon had only just indicated that he had not seen this Drow's quarry when the dark elf laid down his challenge to the human on the other side of the clearing.

"Brother elf if I'm assaulted here i fear i will not have a choice but to strike back i wouldn't bare arms into a holy place but, i must defend my honor if encroached upon."

When he accompanied this with a pebble kicked at his opponent, the fight was clearly going to happen.

As soon as he saw the muscles in the Human's arms tense to release the string on his bow, Infineon sprinted forward at [Lightning Speed] towards the ranger, arriving just after the ranger had finished speaking. It was an irrational, pent up frustration which made Infineon strike out in anger at this pretentious interloper who dared to fire a lethal weapon at a being who had done him no harm, and the blow that Infineon dealt was meant to incapacitate, not kill.

Infineon drew a wide ark towards the front of the human with his quarterstaff as he hurled himself through the air. The strike was aimed to break either the bow the human was wielding, or the hand that held it; either one of these situations would be beneficial to a close-combat fighter. Infineon had jumped in such a way that when he reached the spot where the man was standing, the center of his quarterstaff would smash through where the bow currently was. However, since the staff was also coming around in an arc, if the human simply jumped backwards so that they could launch a quick counter-attack, the metal-shod end of the quarterstaff would probably slam into their left ribcage, so a more sophisticated dodge would probably be required, leaving Infineon open to press his advantage.
-----------
Levitas was awoken from her slumber, not by a noise, but rather by the absence of noise. She had been asleep while Infineon had begun his rituals, and only awoke when her subconscious mind realized that the rituals had suddenly ceased. Looking around her in confusion, she also duly noticed the absence of her master, and the ominous sounds of a nearby skirmish. Putting two and two together, Levitas threw herself from her perch into the sky, and quickly found herself gliding silently far above the site of the small skirmish going on in the clearing. Swiftly analyzing the situation, the danger and the ominous rain clouds drifting in as night began to set in, Levitas realized that she would be better off to wait for an opportune moment to strike. The darkness of the night and the clouds would shield her final approach from the eyes of her target; so that she could strike from the night and be gone again.

She would wait for night to fall. Then she would attack like the silent hunter that she was.
-----------
Infineon is jumping at Arzek as described, and would probably land on you if you don't move
Levitas has found the battle
Stress: 0 (2/4)

"Little solace comes to those who grieve/When thoughts keep drifting, when walls keep shifting/And this great blue world of ours seems like a house of leaves/Moments before the wind." ~House of Leaves

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:24 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

The of lightning burned across the sky the clouds roiling in ever changing dance of dark and light. The sun now completely engulfed by the storm the darkness continued to fall on the forest. The tree whistle in the wind and the grass flowed like the river close by. A surge of rain has just begun to fall at the edge of the right side of the forest.

"I don't suppose one of you specializes in making protective bubbles above battlefields?"

Then he saw a arrow streak across the field and strike his breastplate. The Human could move in a strange manor allowing him to avoid the dark elf's playful projectile. The other combatant had rushed the human now attempt to break some unknown target with a heavy blow. Unfortunately it seems that as far as movement goes he was outclassed but maneuvering now might allow him to be more effect should either combatant seem to be the worse for ware.

" Why shoot for my breast plate human you clearly have the skill to do more. Is this a warning or did i over estimate your ability? "

Now having his katana fully unsheathed Morgoth sprinted for the edge of the forest. Both hoping to draw them in and get closer to the river to find his companion. The storm was troubling but he hoped yet he could make an ally in this ill situation.

"Aaahh!! The river is overflowing Help!?" ( Myrie screaming has drawn the majority of Morgoth's attention. )

" Brothers in arms i know not this area well and could use some assistance if she drowns the loss of another loved one may pushed me beyond the threshold of sanity. "

The hope that may be far fetched but if he had to fight than he would work hard to end the fight without regard for this holy place. [Agile moon] using the shadows from the canopy and the gathering storm he hid in the tree line waiting for the response of his fellow adventurers. His last hope of saving Myrie may have been burned hit his assault of the human. An error he won't make lightly again. The chill drove a shiver down the elves spine. All he could think about was lying at the foot of his mothers bead watching her life drain away. His father had marked him an outcast for his mothers death. Something for which he wasn't even at fault and at the end learned his father had done himself. Now his brother taken by a Usurping fiend Maverick's wife in the hands of bandits.

" Myrie will not befall the same fate as Raine or my mother! I swear on my Honor that if Myrie Dies this day so shall we all!"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:25 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

(Sorry for the delay, but now that I finished my college applications it wont happen again. Also, LSS I'll suppose the arc that Infineon traced was diagonal, as you say he hurled himself into the air, and a horizontal arc would be impractical from that position. )

The high elf reacted before Arzek could see the arrow hitting Morgoth. The staff wielder had used said weapon to attack Arzek in a diagonal arc; prompting the ranger to roll towards the opposite direction of the attack; yet receiving a strike on his left leg; below the waistline. the ranger yelped in pain, but his scream was overshadowed by one of terror that came from a diffrent part of the forest. Morgoth identified the victim as a person close to himself, and asked for help from both of the battlers. The ranger saw the difficulties of saving someone from an overflowing river in a forest, having lived in one for many years; so his mind was instantly made up.

"Quarterstaff wielder, I'll understand if you want to continue our fight later, however I thin that as of this moment we can both agree that saving the person in danger is a much more pressing matter than killing each other for a diisagreement. for that let me just ask you to let me go to help her."

Arzek spoke as calmly as possible to avoid losing reason, for that would be the worst possible end to the scenario they were in. He ran to his right, in order to avoid the quarterstaff if it was needed, He'd attempt to reach the river with haste, because wasting a single second could define wether the person lived or died. He watched the skies, the clouds were gathering in an ominous sign, if the rain got stronger, or closer to the center; it would be too late.

The ranger for once since leaving the village was worried about someone else. He knew that it would be problematic to help the dark elf, he even knew that there was a high chance that it was all an ambush to take his possessions. Yet he couldn't bring himself to go away from the place, he had seen once how they saved a girl from the river, she had been a good friend of his; and his relief at the moment was unparalelled. In his mind he prayed to the goddess that the sylvaan had taught him to believe in, He knew that the last effort would fall on them, but he couldn't help attempting to ask a higher power for help in his desperation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:13 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

~BUMP~
---------
((Shoot me a PM if you have a problem with the actions in this post, I'm just trying to move the story along!))
---------
Infineon allowed a small smile to flit across his face as he heard the human yelp in pain; the metal-shod end of the quarterstaff had swung around and slammed into his upper leg. However, the ranger managed to lessen the force of the blow by rolling under the strike and away to Infineon’s left. Infineon landed heavily, sliding slightly as he landed on both feet, and quickly turned to face the human so as to defend himself from any counter-attack. As it turned out, defence was unnecessary as the remaining fighter called out for aid from across the clearing; calling for assistance to rescue a person stuck in the swiftly flowing river just outside the edge of the clearing.

"Quarterstaff wielder, I'll understand if you want to continue our fight later, however I thin that as of this moment we can both agree that saving the person in danger is a much more pressing matter than killing each other for a disagreement. For that let me just ask you to let me go to help her."

Infineon allowed himself to be stunned for a second as he tried to digest what the human had just said. He quickly came to the conclusion that either the ranger was a simpleton, or completely insane. After pulling a bow on a random stranger, firing an arrow at them with basically no provocation and finally almost accusing Infineon himself of initiating the fight, Infineon was forced to draw the conclusion that the human was deluded.

"Regardless of the fact that I was simply intervening on behalf of the dark elf, and hence do not have a fight to 'continue', I certainly think that if you can refrain yourself from shooting anyone for the next few minutes, then we may be able to save whoever it is that is so important to this dark elf..."

With that, Infineon turned and headed with all speed to the river, threading around the trees at [Lightning Speed] while at the same time losing sight of both other combatants. It had started to drizzle when Infineon entered the trees, but by the time he made it to the clear space around the river the rain was pouring down in sheets, turning the normally slow river into a thin, deep, raging current with enough force to dislodge a fully grown man from a handhold. Whoever it was that the drow cared about, Infineon certainly hoped that they were strong enough to hang on until he could reach them.
-----------------
The sudden return to civility confused Levitas, but she knew better than to question her master's judgement, and followed him from the clearing to the river; the same way the rest of the combatants seemed to be headed. When she arrived at the river, Levitas noticed Infineon looking upstream for something, so she proceeded to fly through the rain upstream to serve as another set of eyes for Infineon. She soon found what she guessed Infineon would be looking for: a female lying in a bend of the river that had not thus far been flooded by the rising tide, but still had a fairly swift current. The important thing, however, was that Levitas couldn't see any movement from the female at all...
-----------------
An owl's call came from upriver, and it took Infineon only a second to recognize the call of Levitas, and only another second to recognize a call of urgency from his closest companion. With not a moment's hesitation Infineon sprinted upstream, and quickly came to the place where Levitas was circling. Infineon quickly noticed what the call had been about, as he noticed the immobile female dark elf floating face-up on the other side of the river. Jumping into action, Infineon used his quarterstaff to propel himself off the bank of the river and near to where the woman was floating, his [Dead Weight] allowing him to keep his footing on the river, and retrieve the prone body from the water. After dragging himself out of the water with the dark elf over his shoulder, Infineon laid her on the ground and scanned the trees. He could not see either of his opponents, but this did not surprise him as both blended well with the forest and the night.

"First aid was never my forte, so if one of you would kindly step out of the shadows and check on the condition of this lady, you might be in time to resuscitate her."
-----------------
Infineon is standing on the opposite bank, and there are no readily available dry crossing points within close distance, but the river can potentially be crossed.
Levitas is sheltering in a tree, protected from the rain
(It is now pouring with rain! Night Fighting rules are now in effect, 2d6*3 vision range! Not really)
Stress: 0 (3/4)

Last edited by Lord Sawsaw2 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:47 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

The dark elf hadn't expected such a willingness for help, after a simple exchange his current allies were running for the river he only hoped it wasn't too late. Following after he saw the human who running after the other elf. The elf had past him in mere seconds his speed was remarkable. The clouds roiling over head as the approached the river and the thunderous roar of the water pounding do stream. He then heard the faint screech of a bird in the distance and looked for the elf who had run ahead. At the fork in the river he saw Myrie the elf standing on the other bank called,

"First aid was never my forte, so if one of you would kindly step out of the shadows and check on the condition of this lady, you might be in time to resuscitate her."

He rushed to the edge of the water and leaped across the shallowest part narrowly escaping falling in himself. He could see her head bleeding so thinking quickly he ripped off the right sleeve off his tunic tying it tight around he head covering the wound.

Ranger do you happen to be any good at stitching wounds?

The dark elf was distraught and mistrusting but he couldn't risk her dying just because he has trust issues. Glancing around for a way back across or over to the other elf. He noticed the water on the side by the elf was significantly slower. Picking up Myrie he attempted to cross the water slowly. His armor weighing him down this was a risky move but he had no other options. The wet leather was very uncomfortable as he pulled himself and Myrie onto the bank of the river. The dark elf mustered his strength and pushed himself up [Vanguard mentality].

Thank you for finding her brother elf maybe we can sort out our differences after we drop her off at your place of worship if our ranger can't help her further.

The as the storm continued the dark elves eyes adjusted he knew if they could quickly stow her away he would have the advantage with night approaching and poor visibility. He only hoped they the sound beating he dish out would teach the insolent ranger a less for drawing a weapon without even asking for the fellow travelers name. He hoped that there would be a safe place for Myrie to rest while the warriors settled their affairs.

The stormy night drew him back to the night they'd left the farm. They had left after helping Alashand secure the horses in their paddock. The young elves had been playing to leave this night for almost a month now the heavy storm would hide their scent from the hunting dogs should Alashand change his mind and decide that he'd rather they stay. They traveled for nearly two full days of travel they finally felt safe enough to sleep. After only two hours of trance they were back on the road and they've been traveling like that ever since. The little sleep had only recently started to get to Morgoth as the shadows of his past came back to haunt him.

I'm sorry i was late and yes i know the time lapse was ridiculous I also don't expect to lose power for a week again any time soon. Thank you for your patients and welcome to my world gentlemen the night is nigh and justice is about to shine its light upon you. Good luck ~Az

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:44 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Judging by Azazel's post, this can be considered prematurely finished for all intents and purposes. No reward yet again, I'm not doing well with this whole "getting a battle done" thing am I? :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:18 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Srry LSS, i was hoping this could go better but since we seem to have stalled you maybe right. Though now i could use a new battle partner. Ugh.