It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 8:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Of Sneaks and Storms (vs Azazel)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:20 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

A shadow shot through the dense forest. It was moving at inhuman speeds, Xander noted. Even were he to sprint on a perfect road, he would have a hard time keeping up, and this blackened object barrelled through as if the forest wasn't there. Were this caused by something unfamilar, the man may have been interested or confused, especially because the form looked humanoid.

But he figured it out quickly. The complete lack of sound gave the being away; even though he was running through low hanging branches, brush, and a few fallen leaves, there was a deathly quiet as if the thing truly could be but a trick of the light or imagination. He thought about abandoning the road to move into the forest to his right, under the impression the shadow was here for an encounter. The idea wasn't followed. He reasoned that, since there was no way he could reasonably catch up to the figure, the figure was just there to annoy him, or would approach when he wanted. Traipsing through a twisted mess of flora wasn't going to do anything but give the figure more shadows to hide in. Instead, Xander pulled out and wore a pair of knuckledusters, discreet and effective. Well, discreet after he buried his hands in his pockets.

The shadow man ran up from behind and passed by Xander's left, with only a few inches between their shoulders. A tingling shot up the Martial Artist's spine, as if the event made any sense at all after seeing the shadow move forward and away in the forest, and he instinctively threw his left arm back in an attempt to clothes-line the speedy individual. The figure ducked and ran forward with such absurd timing and smooth execution that the Martial Artist paused in disbelief, his brain wrenching itself to comprehend what his sensory inputs were providing. From the source, it was expected, but seeing something that defied reason often overrode things like expectations for the warrior.

He looked back upwards, content to see the figure finally standing still. His back still turned, the black robed figure spoke.

"Considering how worried you are about me, you sure haven't done anything about it. No research, no questions. And you won't even come play in the trees with me."

Recovered from his short-lived shock, a considerably rougher voice responded.

"I'm not concerned. I'm annoyed. Buzz off kid, you've already tried killing me twice. Yet here I am... unless you think this time will be different, why don't you go do something constructive with your time? Go terrorize somebody who can't defend themselves, and somehow feel like a man while you stab them in the back."

The black robed individual turned around slowly, his rich green eyes glowing more than candles.

"Would you truly prefer that over me being here? Not much of a hero type, are you?"

"Never claimed to be. Now beat it. You're ruining my mood with your trying tone."

"My best pal ever is feeling down? My my, that won't do. I know, I'll give you a gift!"

The inhuman rush blasted back into the trees at record speed. It seemed like, as soon as the figure reached the tree-line, that Xander had his knees kicked out from under him. He managed to get one of his hands free from his pocket before he hit the road, and caught himself from falling on his face. His knees weren't so lucky, and his legs were in a great deal of pain. He looked upward, seething. The shadow stood there, a top hat in hand.

"Magic trick!"

He spun the hat around briefly, showing his audience of one that it was empty. Then, rein-acting the classic bunny trick, pulled the critter up from the hat. The bunny was clearly dead, its coat tore up considerably, the bloody patches still running wet. He smiled, then tossed it at the downed man. Xander batted it away with a swing of his forearm, then let out a fierce cry as he got back on his feet and charged the assassin. The man simply vanished in a black mist, as if he were never there at all. When the blood of the rabbit had hit him, the first drop of rain did too.

A number of hours had passed since then, leaving the sun just under the horizon. Though with the rolling thunderstorm that dropped a steady rush of raindrops, no one in the area would be been able to pinpoint the location of the celestial body. Soaked from the rain, cold from being out in it for so long, and vividly angry from his encounter, the man entered a pub, a brilliant flash of lightning at his back as he moved through the doorway. He wanted to vent on someone, and one of tonight's patrons was armed. Maybe he could even offer information while acting as an outlet. The place was fairly small, only having half a dozen tables for two to span the floor-way. Dust cakes any surface that wasn't in regular use, and smoke occupied much of the air.

"You there, cave tick!"

Xander strolled up to the bar, slamming his fist into the counter, indenting the wood in the shape of his knuckle dusters.

"I'm looking for information on some freak of an assassin, called himself the Hand of Death or something. You're going to help, or I'll beat you until you set me on the right path. I'm sure someone like you knows where to go for such knowledge about their types."

Anger was already starting to leave the man. The thrill of battle on his doorstep was enough to make shadowy affairs seem like a distant issue. He didn't actually expect the man to know anything worthwhile, but figured the offensive tone could be enough to agitate the swordsman into a fight. In the off-chance he actually knew something, he would be even happier after the scrapping.

Post subject: Re: Of Sneaks and Storms (vs Azazel)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:15 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

I'm really sorry this is so late but there were actual finals this year which i wasn't actually prepared for lol. Not an excuse just an explanation.

Morgoth was comfortable with Myrie's new lodgings at the doctors and decided he'd track down the rumors of a tavern south of his current location the gathering place of his people between here and the nearest guarded Underdark entrance. The elf was tired but needed the comfort of talking to his people and with Myrie incapacitated he'd have to find other companionship even if it's just an old adventure from ages past. He wandered the beaten path along through the gate and down past the forest. As he approached the tavern he heard movement in the woods, ignoring his instincts to investigate he pushed aside the tavern door and saw Rune. What was the old timer doing above, Morgoth noticed he wasn't in his royal guard attire either therefore he must have been sack upon the uprising. The usurper had banished the old guards that boded ill for his return he might need the old man's help so he approach the counter where Rune sat carefully. Morgoth my boy with turning his head Rune ordered another round cold dwarven ale for each of them.

"But I have the coin..." Morgoth started to protest.

Rune shrugged sliding the glass over to the younger dark elf. You'll need your coin and your wits to get back into the Underdark "Shadow walker" is king now. My brother fell to the traitor himself? Morgoth’s path was clear not only was "shadow walker" king but he was the one to gut his brother like a fish. Barely calming himself he slid his sword out laying it across the scar his father had left forged to the exact length of the scar across his back. the curvature of the blade reminded him of the tools of the farm. The soul of the forgers left a shadow that will live in the blade as long as the steel was in his hands.

"So Alashand really forged the famed Shadow serpent for you did he now." Rune grinned at the sight of the black titanium blade the blood red accented in the light.

"May I hold it?"

Passing the old warrior his first love Morgoth fell to the floor a voice in his head, “Hello boy I'm watching you and your plot to slay a king. I'll allow you to live because I want to see where this goes; if I get to dual you like your father before me the result with differ greatly.”

The rage boiling in his eyes now he stood and asked Rune for his blade back; the dark elves getting a lot of attention now from the rest of the tavern. Then as Morgoth sat down again another young man came slamming into this dingy hole and started talking brusk and rude but also faintly persuasive in his current mode. He reached for his drink and downed it.

“You there cave tick!”

The young mans hand had dented the wooden counter while interesting wasn’t all that impressive considering the man was wearing knuckle dusters.

"I'm looking for information on some freak of an assassin, called himself the Hand of Death or something. You're going to help, or I'll beat you until you set me on the right path. I'm sure someone like you knows where to go for such knowledge about their types."

Calm yourself there boy, I've been fighting longer than you've been alive. And I'm still young for a "cave tick". But your other comment interests me I took am looking for an assassin of my own decent. He goes by the name of "shadow walker" where I'm from and recently killed my brother to take over the thrown of Storm Hold.

His sword was still loose in its sheath his hand still on its pommel, Morgoth order a round for the three of them. That's when Morgoth was informed by the bar tender that Rune had left when Morgoth had hit the ground.

Is rune the shadow walker?

"Did you see my companion leave human?" Hoping he was wrong but knew it might be true nonetheless.

Rune was frail but a caster specializing in telepathy could easily have started as an assassin, Rune's advanced age had never slowed him down. The dark elf was becoming angrier for not seeing it himself before, maybe he would take up his offer.

"Sorry for not introducing myself earlier the name is Morgoth."

The dark elf honestly contrite for his tone was still intrigued at the possibility of Rune being the man he’d searched for. In-fact he may have just found a rude and irritating ally in his just cause. Unfortunately Rune had most likely slipped out before the man had arrive making him unable to be confronted.

“As to the other half of your statement I would love to see you try and force me to divulge knowledge. We learned long ago torture doesn’t work boy.”

Post subject: Re: Of Sneaks and Storms (vs Azazel)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:48 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

I quit. Az, check your messages.

It's not you, it's me.