It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Dilapidated... Oh this is ridiculous. (Goryo's TB)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:09 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(Welcome! Since you're not new to our battle system I won't bother posting up the intro message, since you know what you're about. Anyway, lets get started.)

It had been a few weeks since his scrap with the boy in the woods. His chin had healed without a scar and the other wounds he had suffered had all but faded to memory. It was a good day and Tiam was sitting idly in the back of a cart as it trundled down the road away from Vallandar. He had left the city early in the morning after spending about a week in the city discovering that everything that he had known and loved about the underbelly had been erased by the battle with the bugs and the following explosion. Tiam had been out at sea during the attack, and though he had heard of the destruction upon reaching the port some years ago he hadn't seen the place until just now.

The city had been pretty well rebuilt now, and it was the thriving trade centre that he had known as a man of seventeen and eighteen. It held none of the majesty that it once had, however, perhaps because of his relatively advanced years. The city looked shabbier, the streets stank more heavily of shit, and the whores looked a little dirtier and well-worn - definitely not the place for him anymore. The city had once been one of the wealthiest on the continent, but now it seemed like an antique vase that had been shattered and glued back together.

Well, there was nothing to do about it, so Tiam mused idly in the silence that had strung out between himself and the driver. "What in the world is that?" The gravely voice of the driver seemed confused, "That wasn't there yesterday." Tiam turned around and followed the driver's finger. His jaw went a little slack with disbelief.

"Could you pull up next to it?" Tiam hopped from the back and went over to it, running his fingers along the salt-infused wood. It was part of a ship's hull about two meters long, three tall, and half of one thick. The salt scent brought back a wave of nostalgia that was crushed by the single white piece of paper that was tacked to the wood. He didn't even need to read what it said, but simply ripped it off and fished an over-sized copper out of his pocket and flicked it to the driver. It wasn't nearly enough, but the service was only part rendered - the man was lucky Tiam didn't steal his wallet. "Thanks for the ride. I have somewhere to go."

He strode off across the field away from the road with the driver's shouts ringing behind him. The man wouldn't come after him - nobody was stupid enough to do that to an armed man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The place indicated on the map was a forest that had recently seen a fire. The smell of smoke was still in the air and the ash and charcoal still littered the ground. New growth was beginning, and some trees had been untouched, but it was generally pretty much a wasteland. Some fifty yards off he could see the old man, sitting on a stool in the middle of the ashes reading a book.

This was the last straw. Tiam pulled one of his javelins out and advanced on the oblivious man. He let the javelin fly at twenty yards, the weapon flying true through the air and seeking to punch through the man's chest.

Less than a yard away the javelin halted in the air and dropped to the ground without the old man even bothering to look up. A moment later Tiam was clouted over the head and had his legs kicked violently out from under him, leaving him delirious on the ground. He felt a pressure on his chest and his ribs seemed to groan in protest as the air was crushed out of them.

"Is that how you greet all of your old friends?" The old man was standing two feet to the side, a place vacant only a moment before. "Must we play this game every time, Tiam? Why can't you just be a good little boy and help your elders out when they ask. I always pay you, so why do you complain?" The pirate was starting to feel faint from a lack of oxygen. "So, have we learned our lesson? Will we need to do this again? No, I didn't think so."

The pressure released and Tiam took a deep gulp of air, coughing and hacking as his body returned to normal. The pain was even removed as he was healed. He sat up in the ash, shook his head, and eyed the man, "Who or what are you, exactly?" Tiam inquired as he pushed himself up.

The old man turned and made to move back to his seat. Tiam took the opportunity and tried to slug the man in the back of the head, only to have his hand caught by an invisible force and begin to be crushed. "I'm someone and something very special. You and I are going to have a long friendship, provided you stop trying to hit me. Do it again and I'll break your knees and leave you here for the wolves." The man could have been talking about the weather for all the threat seemed to mean to him. Only, the threat was all too real.

Again the pressure was released. "So, then, same routine as last time? Trade my weapons and such?"

"Not this time. You'll be keeping your weapons." The elderly man turned around, "When was the last time you relieved yourself? Yes, it's relevant." Tiam didn't like that the man could read his thoughts, "You might want to go do so before your trainee shows up."

"Why? He can't be that bad. I mean, I'm training him after all."

"Eh, suit yourself." The magic man turned his head and looked to his left, "Oh, there he is now." Tiam's thrown javelin floated across the ashy landscape and inserted itself neatly into his hand as the man spoke.

Tiam followed his gaze and suddenly wished he had taken the man's advice. He nearly pissed himself.

(Long post, but necessary.)

Post subject: Re: The Dilapidated... Oh this is ridiculous. (Goryo's TB)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:03 am 
Initiated
Initiated

Location: Oh you know how it is. stuck between here and there. Where ever I choose.
Goryo stumbled and clambered over scraps of what remained of the forest that he had been lost in for a week or so, the air was stagnant and smelt of molding ashes and any other remnants of creatures that didn't make it out of the blaze that Decapis caused not even a day ago. The giant chimera that followed him didn't take any heed to the devastation around him, it was likely to be his natural habitat so moving through the charred remains didn't bother him at all.

"Decapis! Look at what you've done now, what have I told you about running off and chasing rabbits!"
The kiltharr rose his weapon to the air and struck down to the side of Decapis's head. "This is the third fire we've dealt with in the past week! You need to control your actions or we could end up crossing someone that wont take kindly to them." He proceeded with a sigh "Why do I even keep such a untrained monster around? You create more havok then whats needed..." Decapis grunted and lowered his head as if he understood what Goryo said; though it wasn't the circumstance because he relied on the tones of his master's voice so he could determine his disposition.

The two companions moved further into the desolate graveyard that was once a beautiful thriving forest. An eerie silence filled the air, not even a birds song, or even a breeze made a sound. "If you listen close enough Decapis.. you can hear the dead speak.." Goryo proceeded to chuckle at his own comment but ended up drowning in his own emotions, the Kitharr bowed his head in shame acknowledging the horrid things he caused. Before long they came across a small lush filled grove that was untouched from the fires, Goryo stopped to admire what remained and reminisced "You know.. I shouldn't be blaming you for what happened here.. if I didn't come up with idea of burning down the forest so I could find this person i'm looking for then it wouldn't have had to come to this."

His fingers reached into a pocket that was located on the front the vest he was wearing, pulling out a note "How odd it is to find this pinned to your forehead on first morn that I awake here." His eyes scanned across the gibberish that was the English literature to him " 'Training is must in this world, continue your travels towards the rising morning sun until you come across a great forest and there you will find one of great skills that will teach you the way of these lands.'" what could this mean? I have already expanded my power past a normal beings abilities, only a battle could be offered in this circumstance.. the Kiltharr continued to let his mind wander about the mysterious note "what troubles me more is not even the chimera sense who ever's presence when it wandered into my camp.. they truly must be skilled" He pondered upon idea for the moment before giving up and continuing his course.

Decapis sniffed the air, perking his ears, as he began to trot ahead of his master excitedly; this notion meant that a new prey was within the area which was usually a bad sign for Goryo as it always was, "Stay in line or you'll get another lashing, and if you run off again.. oh gods forgive me for my actions.." the Chimera slowed down knowing that Goryo was displeased with him. After a moment the chimera swayed his attention and stared towards an opening to where a man was standing. He listened.. how odd.. His eyebrow twitched in curiousity without noticing the man starring in awe at his pet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:37 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

What the hell?! That thing is as big as a horse! The hell kind of god made that monstrosity? A sadistic, twisted god, no doubt. That's just wrong.

Tiam had never seen a chimera before - had never even HEARD of a chimera before. The thing before him was completely outlandish to him. Sure he had seen his share of snakes and cats and even a black-and-white horse in a traveling menagerie before, but never anything to the tune of the thing standing before him now. It was a huge beast with the body of a lion and, if Tiam could see correctly, the tail of a snake. How the thing had come to be was beyond him - he didn't even begin to act like he understood magic - but the thing was not natural.

It was only after gaping in total awe at the abomination for several moments that Tiam took notice of the Kilthar to its side. The cat-man had a whip in his hand, apparently controlling the beast through some absolutely magical means. There was no way in hell that a creature that big and generally deadly looking would actually listen to something as small and pitiful as a humanoid without the application of a particularly strong brand of mojo.

Again Tiam was left perplexed by the old one's concept of 'training'. The girl had obviously needed it, but Gierhardt and this one certainly did not appear to need it. True, a few things could be taught, but Tiam wasn't exactly sure what he could teach that one. How the hell did he feed the thing, anyway? That thing looked like it could consume a cow in the course of a day. Tiam shuddered at the thought of the cost.

More to the point, Tiam was unsure of how to proceed. As he had before, he supposed. "I...uh... I suppose that you're the one that needs training, yes? I'll be your trainer, then. Name's Tiam. I would say more, but, he drew the spear from his harness, "I would just rather get this over with.". He took up his usual stance, javelin held at half staff in his left hand which hung at his side, spear braced in a one-handed grip in his right. His stance was light, the ash around his feet kicking up slightly as he took it up.

"It's customary for the trainee to attack first so, well, go ahead." Tiam cringed inwardly at the prospect of that monster's rush. At the same time, though, a plan was forming in the back of his mind. Maybe a rush wouldn't be so bad...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:22 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

After a 10 day wait with no PM's, and no responses to the PMs that I have sent warning of the impending failure, Goryo fails his TB.

Goryo, you are more than welcome to request a training battle at a later date, but you will need to start from the beginning. I wish you the best of luck.

-Thread Locked-

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]