It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: There's a First for Everything (Terranova's TB)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:53 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

((Ok! So first off, welcome to DI! Here are a few things you should know before we begin (see quote below). If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I will do my best to help you out in making your posts awesome either way!))
Quote:
-Battles are fought in turns, you post after a respond.
-Fighting happens in "real time" meaning you can if you wish go back in time a little to describe actions and things you do before any attack of the opposition lands (within reasonability)
-Be as descriptive as you can. More information makes for better battles.
-Do not ever control your opponent's character (or pets) in any way.
-Characters are, typically, allowed two actions per post: One defensive action and one offensive action. Regardless of whether you were attacked or not, you may only attack once per post.
-You can only use 1 special/spell per turn (you can use multiple skills per turn, and 1 special and multiple skills per turn though). Specials that have an effect on your opponent count towards your one offensive action.
-Try to be fair in both your attacks as well as your dodges. Getting hit every now and then is not the end of the world, and deepens your character.
-A minimum of 2 paragraphs (though more are desirable!)
-No 'Unblockable' attacks. There's always something, somewhere that can happen.
-Be creative, use the world around you to your advantage!
-Use a spell checker, or a program that helps with puncuation. It can't hurt... and can generally help your posts more readable.
-Have fun!!! Battles are supposed to be enjoyable. If don't like it, something is wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nuncia was never known to be the nicest of inhabitants of the Darkness Incarnate world; in fact, some have said she may be one of the most disagreeable people in the world. Though it was no real concern for her, it just meant less people came by her territory, which meant less people she had to destroy to keep her home safe. So it was that easy attitude she lounged in the tree she had claimed as her new perch, the limbs cradling her as she kept watch over her forest home, and the creatures within it. Yet not a moment before she was about to close her eyes for a midday nap, she heard the tell tale sounds of someone approaching. Animals scurried from the man in the cloak as he walked casually through the game paths, coming to a stop under her tree.

Nuncia bit back a snarl as the man looked up at her through the foliage, her lounging position swiftly discarded for her new position; balancing on the balls of her feet, one hand to the trunk of the tree and one to her belt where her kris lay in wait, she peered down at the man who only stared back at her.

"You might as well come down here, Sylvaan. I have a task for you."

The man spoke with an air about him that she could not refuse, like power and calm all rolled into one. So with a silent growl, she jumped from her perch, landing before the man. Barely a sound was heard at her landing, her position just as crouched as she had been in the tree-- the form of a threatened animal. She watched the man through amber eyes, hard and angry, though there was nothing she could do to this man. So she straightened up when he gave no indication of attacking her, her expression a constant scowl.

"What do you want of me, Wanderer? What task?"

Her voice was sharp, an underlying growl in the depths of the words as she stared the man down. Yet he only smiled, his face wrinkling with the action, the wind tousling his greying hair as it swept through the tree. His eyes were swirling silver, which the Sylvaan knew was not natural. It only set her on edge more, as he took a step towards her, instinct making her step back to keep the distance between them. The man only chuckled.

"Nuncia, you are to train a new soul that has wandered into the land. He will meet you on the edges of the Shadow Forest. Teach him the ways so that he may survive in this land, and if you succeed in this much, you may have your reward."

The Sylvaan gave a snarl, baring her teeth as she spoke. "And what makes you think I wont just kill the whelp and take all he has for my own?" The words were barely from her mouth before he was right in front of her, touching her forehead lightly with a single finger, no time for her to move in the slightest. She had a strange feeling of something leaving her from within, her eyes narrowing as he broke contact.

"You do this, and I will give you back what I have taken from you; the souls of your most powerful forms. You kill him, and you will never get them back. Do we have an accord?" With the man so close, it wasnt hard to see the power swirling in his eyes, even though he smiled at her.

She just stepped back, growling lightly. "Fine. Ill do it, Wanderer. But if I do not get my souls back, I will hunt you down." She crouched slightly, ready for an attack if that was what he wanted, but instead he laughed. A hearty laugh that rung through the trees around her, making her break her gaze on him for a moment. In that moment though, he had disappeared, leaving her alone in the wood. She looked around for him, but gave up quickly enough; there were no tracks, no signs of his existence at all on the earth, save for a slight smell of sickly sweetness that clung to the air where he had been.

Very well then. To this whelp to teach him what it means to be accepted into this world, so I can get back what the Wanderer stole from me... bastard. The Sylvaan growled low in her throat as she started off to the edges of her wood, the ancient trees swallowing her form as she traversed their shadows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She was waiting just inside the tree line of the darkest forest of Darkness Incarnate, hidden within the trees shadows, scouring the lands for this newcomer whom she was to train. The forest itself was thick with shadows, even at the edges, light seemed to evade the earth below the canopies, the ground below devoid of the grasses that spanned the distance towards those ancient trees. Each towering trunk was warped in strange ways, no known names for the wood in which they had been at one point in time, their grey gnarled branches reaching to snuff out the sky above their tops; the crowns of these hulking giants darkened to a black green, as if they too were made of the shadows they hid below them, tainted by some unknown force that permeated throughout the forests depths.

Yet just outside this darkened ancient forest, the grasses glowed with life that could never be sustained within the trees grasp. Waist deep, the sea of emerald blades danced in time to the winds that swept through them, reaching towards the beaches of the sea line. The Wanderer had said she would know the man when she saw him. So with her extended vision from within the forests shadows, she scanned the emerald sea for the man; long green duster covering a white shirt, long dark hair whipping in the winds, she had no doubt in her mind this was the one she sought. So with a deliberate slowness, she stepped forth from the shadows of her woodland home, the distance between them only a short 10 feet by now. The wind carried her voice to him, whipping the length of tied hair along her back, her kris glinting in the fading light.

"The Wanderer said you would show up. I am Nuncia, and it will be my task to test your might against that of the Wilds."

Her tone was a growl, filled with a promise of battle as she took her stance; one hand to the ground, the other at her belt, she looked more like an animal ready to pounce than any fighter this man had undoubtedly come across before... yet she would wait for the man to at least draw his weapon first. The Wanderer had been clear that she was not to kill him, though the only way to guarantee such a thing would be to give him at least a chance. As much as that was against her ways, she let it be so, if only to get back what the mysterious man of the winds had stolen from her.

((A little long, I know, but I always love opening posts~!))