It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Other Side of Brickwood. (Vs VonTesa)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:20 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(As my posts starts out, you will find I refer to there being two Hubris. The male in which I speak is the one who battled Joshen in my previous battle and will in now way affect this battle outside of RP. I might here the plant scream in pain but that's about it. I just wanted to take this opportunity to play with the fact that my character is a hive mind collective of dead bodies. Here's to a good bloody fight!)

The two walked out of the forest together, spying the small lakeside village that was perched just down the hill. The midday sun was shining high in the sky as the sounds of busy and unsuspecting townsfolk went about their daily lives. Fishermen were on the lake, farmers were in their fields, the town’s blacksmith was at his forge, and the lumber mill was cutting and sizing the allowed amount for the day. At their distance from the mill the couple was nothing to draw attention to. They were simply two sylvan elves, one man and one female, coming out of the forest to observe the small town of Brickwood.

The lumberjacks could not tell from where they stood, that the two were more shambling off than walking, and the growing vines around their skin was nothing too uncommon for the sylvan body, nor was the minimal clothing the two wore. Both wore loincloths around their waists and the woman had a triangular piece of animal hide tied around her chest. The lumberjacks didn’t even give them a second look, it was business as usual, and the business of cutting lumber still demanded their attention.

The two beings entered the village from its side and then by different means wandered their own ways. The male had caught the attention of a group of small children playing in the road and made his way toward them. The female went the opposite direction, seemingly more interested in observing than attacking. As the frightened cries of terror filled the town square from the chaos created by the male, the woman continued in the opposite direction toward the lake. Soon she would come across the shore. There was no impressive doc or wharf, only a few fishing boats dragged to shore and even more on the water.

The sylvan’s gaze was captured by the water as she looked out over the crashing waves. She was almost mesmerized by the push and pull of the gentle waters of the great lake of Darkness Incarnate. The eyes continued to look out, unaware of the human man approaching her from behind.

He was staggering from a bit too much liquid courage, almost as bad as the two host corpses had been on their approach. He looked the woman up and down with greater emphasis on the down. The drunken man took another step forward; “Hey pretty little elf. Why don’t you follow me and I’ll show you all the most romaaaantic parts of town.” He said almost without slurring. The man took another step as his words were ignored and was now within reach of the woman, his hand was already moving toward the woman’s barely covered backside.

The sudden shift in position was enough to inform the creature within that the body had made contact with something from behind. Instead of turning to greet the man, a single eyeball popped out from an open wound in the back of the skull. The one eye now looked the man up and down as his own gaze was returned to the eye. The man squinted hard; unsure of what he was looking at. When he finally noticed that he was staring at an eyeball, all the ale in his system washed away like dirt hitting a river. Only now did he notice the wooden plank held on to her right arm by vines that protruded from the wrist.

By then it was already too late. The man began to let out a horrifying scream as the corpse turned to the right. Her arm was already moving up toward the man’s throat as the vines from the wrist brought the wooden sword around to rest in its master’s hand. The barbed edge cut well into the bare neck, leaving multiple gashes from where the thorns had entered and dragged across. In an instant the man changed from screaming to gasping for air. He fell to the ground hard; lifeless and cold.

Eyes in both the front and back of the head were now scanning their surroundings. All around were humans, halflings, and choice others that had seen a sylvan woman strike a man down. There was no hiding her condition now, the eye poking out from her ‘just above the shoulder hair’ was in full view of those behind her, and few had missed the sword that flung to her hand by the aid of vine appendages. There was likely a fight waiting just around the corner as the townsfolk weighed their options of fight or flight.

Not a second was wasted as the Hubris plant began to expand and grow, starting this time with the feet. Beneath the skin of each foot small vines began to grow and work their way to the surface. This was the making of Bramble Boots, select druid footwear perfect for keeping a clumsy corpse on more secure footing. It was a fast growing incantation, and could prove very useful in a tactful retreat.

~~~Incantation List~~~
Bramble Boots (Growing) 1/ 2 Posts

Post subject: Re: The Other Side of Brickwood. (Vs VonTesa)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:43 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Location: vonTelsa's Roggle agrees that everything can be dodged. Even if extreme measures are required.
[Sorry for the delay. This battle shall be fierce though. The dwarf accompanying me is from my now inactive clan, but I am sure you all know him (I have his permission to mention him in the battle). He will play no part in the actual battle, just like SSK's male Hubris. I just like having friends as well, lol. As well, Phylus is my imaginary friend. You may hear me talking to him, but he actually isn't there.]

Mazdakai was getting tired of his wandering to find a new home for his people. As he was walking along the road to Brickwood he gestured to the expanse of land in front of him, while speaking to his companion.

“Thankyou for accompanying me on this journey clanmate.” Speaking to the short dwarf beside him. “The land that lies before us is not suitable for my people though. The proximity of the sea is good, the forests are full of life, but there is one large problem.” Gesturing to the village they were nearing. “It has already been claimed by those who would defend their homes and land from the 'monsters' that they perceive my people to be.”

The short dwarf with the mace just grunted as they continued to plod their way towards the town.

As they drew near, the hustle and bustle of the town began to get louder. Just then a scream pierced the tranquillity of the day. This was soon accompanied by cries of distress and alarm coming from the center of Brickwood. It sounded as if there were children in trouble. The dwarf paused for half a second, and then jogged towards the center of the town. As he did so he struck the center of his shield with something and instantly it was lit up with flames. Soon he was lost in the buildings.

Mazdakai was shocked by the screaming and seemed to be rooted in place. For once the people were not screaming in terror from his appearance, instead their attention seemed to be fixed on either heading into town or away from it. With a silent curse for not immediately coming to the aid of the town, Mazdakai started to walk with purpose towards the seaward side of town. Perhaps he could come upon this disturbance from another angle. He was not the one to make headlong charges like his dwarfish friend.

Well Phlyus, it looks like we are in for some excitement today. I hope it doesn't turn out like that lynch mob awhile back.

No worries man, I got your back. You and me are going far!

As he drew near the docks his nostrils were assailed by the smells of fish and the sea. There was something else on the air though. It was not just the rotting fish that was dead here. Either there was a funeral procession coming through the docks, or there was an undead sylvan about [Air Taste].

It looks like there are other 'monsters' about this town today.

Do not come to such rash conclusions Phylus. While most undead seem to be evil, we have met some good ones in our lives.

Just as Mazdakai moved around a beached fishing boat, this notion of the goodwill of some undead was squashed. The scene before him showed an undead slyvan finish cutting down a seemingly defenceless fisherman.

How dare you destroy a unarmed man. I do not know what caused you to attack or even if there was provocation. What he did not deserve was to be stricken down in such a way as this. Prepare to face the wrath of Mazdakai, evil spawn.

With that Mazdakai struck the ground before him with his staff. The reality of this plane of existence was split and rent asunder. As energy flashed and cascaded through the rift a small halfling sized being stepped from this portal and faced the undead abomination. Mazdakai whispered to the Th'arans in front of him “Find a weapon, hide yourself, and wait for my signal to strike.” With that the Th'arans leapt away into a stack of boxes and was soon lost in the crowd of stunned onlookers and general freight of the docks.

The crowd of fishermen around this scene gave the two a wide birth as Mazdakai stood approximately 40 feet away from his foe. They were scared witless by the brutality of the initial attack, as well as the otherworldly powers of this summoner in front of them. They wanted no part in this conflict of giants.

Th'arans: [weak, 4 SS per creature, 4x per battle] (Pronounced Terrence)
4 SS used = 16 SS remaining

(I have edited this post to add the SS use, and what skills I have used.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:22 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Angry shouting emerged from the shore behind Hubris as the newly deceased man ended his struggling. The eye in the back of Hubris’s head spotted the one man whose anger was larger than his fear. It was one of the more deformed races of the world, the lizard like Ssar. His scales were a light red and his dress was quite the strange assortment of animal hides. In his scaly claws he held his weapon of choice, the scythe. The lizard tapped the weapon of reapers upon the soft sand and a strange purple void opened up on the beachhead.

From the purple mists an odd looking Halfling stepped through and glared at Hubris. The undeveloped mind was not so dumb as to not take notice of the strange event. Her corpse body turned to face the new duo as the two creatures shared a soft whisper. As the two finished their talk, the Halfling ran off to run and hide. The small chubby body ran off and jumped behind some boxes in a rather amusing display, but Hubris was not interested in the small Halfling; not when the Ssar had a much better body, a desirable body.

The Ssar body was a weapon. Claws, fangs, thick scales, and a tail; the Ssar sported all these features, and Hubris wanted that body in the collective. The thick skin would make impressive natural armor, able to offer resistance from outside blows, but still able to shift the scales up and out from underneath, allowing the incantations to still grow outwards. It would be an amazing host, and Hubris wanted it greatly.

With shuffling feet Hubris walked across the soft sand toward the Ssar. With its time of day the sand was rather hot upon her bare feet, but such a minor discomfort that would normally affect the sylvan was lost on the plant infestation. Even the pain from the small vines that were starting to protrude from her feet was nothing to Hubris.

The vine sword dangled down, drifting carelessly just above the sands as the sylvan body was slowly propelled forward. The eye that was hanging out the back of her head sunk back into the skull and emerged through the eye socket it was meant for, giving depth perception back to the hybrid. The vines that protruded just below the left wrist began to slowly flail about from their former calm rested position. Hubris was ready for battle, but the slow advance left the chance for first attack to the Ssar.

~~~Incantation List~~~
Bramble Boots (Growing) 2/ 2 Posts (Complete)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:07 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Location: vonTelsa's Roggle agrees that everything can be dodged. Even if extreme measures are required.
Hunger. There was no other way to really describe the way that the abomination in front of Mazdakai was looking at him. The single eye of this thing was sizing him up like some Sunday afternoon snack. As the killer walked towards him, Mazdakai felt a cold chill go down his serpentine spine. This would not be someone with whom reason would prevail.

They say your cold-blooded, just look at that thing.

I agree Phylus, I believe this creature means to do us harm. More harm than I am willing to withstand right now.

Now that's an understatement.

As his foe strode closer to him, Mazdakai made a few mental notes. This thing was obviously undead from its smell and the state of the bodies decay, but something else was amiss. As an eye popped back into its socket and some vines began to unravel on the appendage that was supposed to be an arm, Mazdakai realized that this body in front of him was a shell for something sinister, something that was willing to go the steps necessary to destroy everything in its path.

While Mazdakai was no coward, he also believed that he wasn't much of a fool as well. Going toe to toe with this enemy could not be solved through sheer force of arms, but through guile and tact. He must out think this thing if he had any hope of getting out of here alive. First off he needed a bit more defense before he could mount any sort of offence.

With a slash of the scythe in front of him Mazdakai breached the boundary between this dimension and the next. Another swirling maelstorm of energy erupted in front of him and out of this vortex slipped another being to aid him in battle. Once again a halfling sized being stepped out, this time armed with razor sharp teeth, a mat of stringy hair, accompanied by the utter lack of eyes; but by the way its head moved you could tell it saw everything. Of its right hand there was none, instead in its place was a skewer made out of its own hardened flesh, while its left arm ended in a flat plate like a small shield. With a shrill cry it stood in from of its summoner ready to do Mazdakai's bidding.

"Protect me from this thing" As Mazdakai pointed at the decaying flesh in front of him.

To the left of this coming confrontation and behind a crate the Th'arans panicked. He just saw his master point at the thing that he was supposed to ambush. Through its limited intelligence of this world he thought he received the 'signal.' He did not have the right amount of time to prepare the perfect ambush point or find a suitable weapon, he must act now. Looking rapidly around he quickly spied a large fist sized rock on the ground, scooped it up, took aim, and threw it at the thing. Hoping that he would at least hit the shoulder or torso. With a smug grin the Th'arans ducked down again behind his crate and congratulated himself for his quick thinking.

Elanix: [medium, 4 SS per creature, 3x per battle] (Pronounced Ell-Ah-Nix)
8 SS used = 12 SS remaining

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:40 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Another slash of the scythe, another creature to join the ensuing slaughter. This time the summon was a rather unusual looking doll like creature. Right hand a sword and left a shield, this foe looked more ready for combat than the frightened Halfling that had fled the field. Hubris was practically licking his non-existent plant lips at the prospect of battle.

Barbed vines burst out from the host’s feet and wrapped around them several times to create a pair of nature boots. The thorns and brambles dug into the sand with every step and helped to counter the unbalance of the undead stride; this enabled Hubris to gain a bit of much needed speed. The hybrid took a hastened step and move forward at a new pace just as a stone went whizzing behind him. The enhanced speed had enabled the corpse to dodge the smelly halfling's attack while remaining blissfully unaware of the creature’s position or hostile intention.

The dead sylvan body came upon the doll and lifted the vine sword high above her head. The wooden blade paused for a moment before coming down with the full force of the undead body as the strange combination of a yell and a hiss rang out from the corpse [Racial]. The middle of the sword was aligned with the creature’s head, as Hubris was not afraid of the possible danger of getting too close to the otherworldly visitor, and thus had entered the beasts striking range in order to attack.

The Hubris plant was already working on the second incantation of the battle, Vines of Enhancement. This incantation was one of the more popular among the ancient druids for its versatility to increase either the druid’s strength of speed. Being slow in a stolen body was one of Hubris’s greatest weaknesses, and a greater speed would prove a great asset in this clash. Unfortunately, the only weakness greater than a lack of speed was a great lack of intelligence; and so Hubris went with enhancing the already impressive strength of the container. [Racial Weakness] Vines of Enhancement was a bit more time consuming than Bramble Boots; Hubris would need to make due with the single incantation for a while longer.

~~~Incantation List~~~
Bramble Boots (Activated) 1/4
Vines of Enhancement: Strength (Growing) 1/4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:33 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

With a sudden burst of speed the undead thing seemed to surge forward just as it drew close to Mazdakai and his Elanix. As it reached the pair it let out a guttural growl that seemed to emanate from deep within the grotesque body, and then proceeded to smash down upon the Elanix with its primitive wooden sword.

The Elanix with it's all-encompassing vision saw this attack coming and swiftly raised it's implanted shield above it's head. The wooden sword came down with the force and strength of the undead fleshy that normally would have caved in the skull of an unprotected human. With a grunt of pain the Elanix took the blow literally on its arm. The sword biting deep into the hardened skin like covering causing visible damage to the shield-like appendage. Even though the sword appeared to be made of wood it hit with the force of a blade that was made of steel. The Elanix went down to one knee from the force of the blow and howled with rage, but inwardly glowed with satisfaction; it was fulfilling its duty to protect the one who summoned it. It was in pain and wanted to exact revenge for its injuries. As it began to recover from the blow there was a strange whistling noise as something cut through the air above the shield.

Mazdakai saw the rotting corpse rush towards him and was slightly shocked. The undead were notorious for being slow and clumsy. There was even more to this unnatural being than it appeared at first glance. This pause would have been disastrous to Mazdakai if he was the intended target of the blow that followed this burst of speed. Instead the enemy seemed to favor taking out its wrath on the small warrior in front of him. When the blow was about to land on the Elanix, Mazdakai reacted with a strike of his own. Swinging his scythe horizontally in front of him, with the speed and agility he learning from his youth in the swamp [Flight of the Jaguar], he intended to drive the point of the scythe into the side of the ghoul in front of him. With it concentrated on the Elanix hopefully it would not see the blow coming until it was to late.

Harvesting this thing will take a lot more than swinging a farming implement at its side, especially when its still growing and adding more to itself every second.

I know Phylus but we must do with what we have, and act when the opportunity arises.

Elanix: [medium, 4 SS per creature, 3x per battle] (Pronounced Ell-Ah-Nix)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:20 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(Let me know if this post is okay with you. I was going to send it to you in a PM first but decided this had the same affect.)

The enchanted toy blade came down on its mark, nearly shattering the shielded hand of the summoned foe. As the attack landed, the doll’s master took his own offensive. The scythe which he used to summon the two creatures to this world was turned on Hubris. The pointed blade ripped into the left side of the stomach and just barely protruded out the front, right above the woman’s naval. The harvesting tool ripped through the no longer vital left kidney, and would have been a critical wound on any normal opponent. But Hubris was anything but normal, and the battle had only just begun.

The left hand of the feminine corpse moved forward, grasping the shaft of the Ssar’s scythe and the vine appendages followed suit soon after. Hubris was putting a literal death grip on her opponent’s weapon and was applying a small amount of force to pull away, not expecting the weapon to be removed against its owners will. Instead it was used more for balance as the undead lifted the barbed vine incased right foot. Bending at the knee, the creature let out a mighty kick at the Halfling sized body, specifically the chest.

Like most horror stories of the undead, passed around campfires by brave and half-baked adventurers, Hubris was locked onto her target. The corpse would focus only on the doll in front of her until it was dead, she was destroyed, or the creature completely eluded her. Even the scythe blade to the gut did litter to dislodge her attention to the creature which was almost as horrifying as she was. Like the basic fleshy undead, the plant host ran on primal instincts. There was no thought or learning in the battle, there was only a desire to smash in her opponent’s skull for her own wellbeing.

If there was anything that could be considered a thought rushing around inside the Saurojin Plant, it was only; “Kill… Infect… Infest…”

~~~Incantation List~~~
Bramble Boots (Activated) 2/4
Vines of Enhancement: Strength (Growing) 2/4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:51 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Without even a grunt of pain the abomination took Mazdakai's swing to the side. The blade of the scythe ripped through decaying flesh and then stopped. Mazdakai quickly glanced down and saw that the point of it was protruding out of the belly of the beast in front of him. With a wry grin he was about to pull the scythe towards himself and open a gaping wound in the creature; but he was too late. With mutated flesh and vine like appendages, the evil being grabbed the scythe before Mazdakai could retract it. As Mazdakai struggled to free his weapon, the arboreal-like creature reared back with its foot and mightily kicked the Elanix defending Mazdakai.

As the pain in its left arm began to subside, pure rage began to fire through the veins of the Elanix. It wanted vengeance and it would extract this from the origin of its pain. Getting ready to stab forward with it's sword the Elanix nearly quivered in anticipation of it's revenge. Just like it's master though; it was too late. The foot of the beast smashed into the chest of the Elanix lifting it off the ground. With the sound of ribs breaking all of the fight was literally kicked out of the Elanix.

Mazdakai saw his Elanix lift off the ground from the kick and knew that this summon was no longer capable of fighting. Unlike most Summoners, Mazdakai cared to a certain extent for the beings that he called to his service. He looked into the eyes of the creature in front of him and saw nothing but hunger. This thing would not be stopped through reason, and would never give up. Mazdakai then did what summoners do. He looked at the scythe imbedded in the stomach of the decaying corpse in front of him and smirked once more. If this brute needed to be destroyed why not start from the inside out. Out of the entry and exit wounds of the scythe, crackling energy leaked out.

One second the Roggle was happily tending to its family deep underground in a field full sweet grasses and blooming flowers. Then it felt the familiar tug and pull of a summoner calling it into service. As it felt its body leaving the portal that connected one world to the next, it felt trapped. Usually summoners called forth its kind to fight on the surface of worlds, not inside them. This one felt trapped and seemingly underwater in a swamp of thick weeds. With rage and panic it began to claw its way up, hoping to swim to the top of this swamp. Clawing with its razor sharp paws, and biting furiously the Roggle fought its way up and hopefully out of this swamp-like trap it found itself in.

Mazdakai saw the sudden bulge in the stomach of the fleshie in front of him. He then glanced down once more to his severely wounded Elanix. Before this evil undead could kill the doll-like being though; he unbound it from his service. With a sudden pop from the intake of air into the space where the Elanix used to be it vanished from this plane of existence to go back to whence it came. To heal and recuperate and be prepared for another day.

(edited added the Spirit Shackle usage)
Roggle [weak, 3ss per creature, 4x per battle] (Pronounced Rock-gull)

Last edited by vonTelsa on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:31 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The battle ready doll in front of the botanical hybrid had fallen beneath her boot. As her gaze rose up to meet the next foe, something strange made itself painfully apparent. The tricky lizard had called in another creature from the purple haze, only this time it was inside the host body. The blade had acted as a catalyst again and summoned the beast to the center of the undead’s previously empty stomach. Her gut puffed out a little, but no more than the average overeater on Thanksgiving Day.

The creature was a roggle, a rabbit like beast with a slightly bigger build and large claws. The frightened fellow had been summoned in a panicked frenzy, and desperately struggled to claw his way out of the prison that was the gut of Hubris. Leaving the roggle alone in the stomach would become a problem very soon; but the roggle wasn’t alone.

Like a serpent weaving through the grass, the second mouth of Hubris sprang downward. The mouth had been resting quite nicely in the chest cavity but now had lost no time at all shifting through dead organs and vines. The mouth came in to the side of the frantic creature’s right shoulder, and instantly shot fourth to clamp its thorny teeth into the roggle’s neck. The roggle was defenseless, fighting in darkness and hearing only its owned panicked cries. [Frightening Grin]

Hubris wasn't going to fall for the same ploy a second time. The enchanted sword whipped out from her right hand and moved back to its resting position against the forearm, as the vines wrapped around the blade and arm. [Natural Grasp] The now free hand moved over to the shaft of the summoner’s scythe and took a firm grip. With a proper yank, the blade slid back out from the wound; ripping away a bit more useless flesh and possibly cutting the roggle further.

With the blade now free from her body, the sylvan corpse gave the scythe another good clean pull from. The corpse staggered backward slightly, but would not lose her footing; especially if the summoner would manage to maintain his grip. Hubris was trying to steal the summonere’s weapon away, it was her undead might against the will of the Ssar. [Undead Racial]
~~~Incantation List~~~
Bramble Boots (Activated) 3/4
Vines of Enhancement: Strength (Growing) 3/4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:14 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Small battle and SSK has requested rewards to be given for the time-out of VT.

SSK: 2 gold
VT: 1 gold