It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Meeting of the minds (MSS)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:57 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

I'm really sorry this is so late but there were actual finals this year which i wasn't actually prepared for lol. Not an excuse just an explanation.

Morgoth was comfortable with Myrie's new lodgings at the doctors and decided he'd track down the rumors of a tavern south of his current location the gathering place of his people between here and the nearest guarded Underdark entrance. The elf was tired but needed the comfort of talking to his people and with Myrie incapacitated he'd have to find other companionship even if it's just an old adventure from ages past. He wandered the beaten path along through the gate and down past the forest. As he approached the tavern he heard movement in the woods, ignoring his instincts to investigate he pushed aside the tavern door and saw Rune. What was the old timer doing above, Morgoth noticed he wasn't in his royal guard attire either therefore he must have been sack upon the uprising. The usurper had banished the old guards that boded ill for his return he might need the old man's help so he approach the counter where Rune sat carefully. Morgoth my boy with turning his head Rune ordered another round cold dwarven ale for each of them.

"But I have the coin..." Morgoth started to protest.

Rune shrugged sliding the glass over to the younger dark elf. You'll need your coin and your wits to get back into the Underdark "Shadow walker" is king now. My brother fell to the traitor himself? Morgoth’s path was clear not only was "shadow walker" king but he was the one to gut his brother like a fish. Barely calming himself he slid his sword out laying it across the scar his father had left forged to the exact length of the scar across his back. the curvature of the blade reminded him of the tools of the farm. The soul of the forgers left a shadow that will live in the blade as long as the steel was in his hands.

"So Alashand really forged the famed Shadow serpent for you did he now." Rune grinned at the sight of the black titanium blade the blood red accented in the light.

"May I hold it?"

Passing the old warrior his first love Morgoth fell to the floor a voice in his head, “Hello boy I'm watching you and your plot to slay a king. I'll allow you to live because I want to see where this goes; if I get to dual you like your father before me the result with differ greatly.”

The rage boiling in his eyes now he stood and asked Rune for his blade back; the dark elves getting a lot of attention now from the rest of the tavern. Then as Morgoth sat down again another man enter slamming into this dingy hole and started talking brusk and rude but also faintly persuasive in his current mode. He reached for his drink and downed it.

“You there cave tick!”

The mans hand had dented the wooden counter, while interesting, wasn’t all that impressive considering he was wearing knuckle dusters.

"I'm looking for information on some freak of an assassin, called himself the Hand of Death or something. You're going to help, or I'll beat you until you set me on the right path. I'm sure someone like you knows where to go for such knowledge about their types."

The storm had begun to rage outside and the rain was coming in below the door the dark elf sat there his new friend had left him hanging and wanting a fight. The rowdy bar patron had been quickly ejected by the bar keep. Unfortunately for the elf he scanned the room in vein. Wondering if anyone could really have information on the other drow he searched for.

The chill kept the patrons well aware of their surroundings, for the most part. There was a trio of men conversing soft. They were more like a part bound for high elf territory a caster, rogue, warrior sitting together were approached by a ranger and a cleric and off they went being trialed by the silliest blonde minstral. Signing he order another and rested his head content for the moment.

He wonder why he had the sudden urge to put aside his sword for a wooden stick. Maybe going adventuring with a band like the order that just left.

Post subject: Re: Meeting of the minds (MSS)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:30 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

For hours the elf sat, waiting in the corner of the tavern known for it's unusually high traffic of drow. Disguised by a veil of poor-lighting and smoke, few even noticed her until they tried to sit at her table for two. The handful that did try to sit down, whether they did so because they thought the table free, or because they noticed the near-still figure with the storm-grey hooded robe, mattered little. In each case, a slender hand reached out and tapped the slip of paper that lay on the table. "Reserved seating" lead to a head to turn to the barkeep, then his nod would send them off. Ellia had paid upfront, and quite well, to have the table in the corner to herself for the day. Curiosity was evident at the time of the transaction, but the man knew better than to get tangled up in the affairs of the crowds he drew.

She watched patiently as two drow entered, one left, and a shirtless man got kicked out of the place. She was amused by his antics; a good way of staying under a roof while waiting out a storm was to not pick a fight, yet he did so within seconds of arriving. When his abrasive ways met the ears of the barkeep, he was ordered out. The man with the dusters had hesitated for a moment, likely to consider his options, then noticed the gaze of the patrons and their stiff body language. After seeing a drow take out a blade and fall to the floor, tension was already as thick as the smoke. The message was clear: those trying to relax would choose to help out the one who owned the taps. Knowing taking them all on would either end badly or be a gigantic effort with little pay-off, the man left, lightning giving his exit finality.

Rising from her seat caused some to jump. Still quiet from the blast of thunder that trailed the banging of a slammed door, the tavern caused the scraping of wood to seem quite loud, something the tense environment didn't appreciate much. Any hostility from spooking people was dropped, however, once her hood fell to reveal her feminine elvish features. She strode to the bar where the remaining drow was, and the atmosphere took bad to it's hushed murmuring. A group decided that staying dry wasn't for them as well, heading out into the cold rain, eager to get a head start on whatever plans they had. Not much later after she labelled the lot as fools did she find that her plans could take her into the steady rains as well.

The barkeep scratched the back of his head briefly before turning to Morgoth. "Glad things didn't escalate this time around, getting tired of Xander coming here to start fights. But the next time I see that blade out of its sheath, you'll be out in the rain with him. People don't think much of drawn weapons in here, and fair or not, being drow doesn't help things. Want anoth...er ...?"

His question was cut off when the girl in the storm-grey robe touched Morgoth's arm from behind and cut in with a question of her own.

"That's a fantastic looking blade. Do you think you could take it back out..." She looked at the barkeep, his irritation from another perceived troublemaker evident in his glare, "...do you think we could go outside so I could get a closer look?"

The sweet voice, smile, and seemingly perfect complexion was a stark contrast to the dingy surroundings, the lack of a weapon on her form made her stand out even more. She pulled on the mindset of asking a parent for permission to do something harmless while asking, trying to give the man no reason to consider refusing such a simple request.

"Please?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:20 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

"That's a fantastic looking blade. Do you think you could take it back out..." She looked at the barkeep, his irritation from another perceived troublemaker evident in his glare, "...do you think we could go outside so I could get a closer look?"

Morgoth grinned, the girl reminded him of Myrie she was eager, pretty and by far the most interesting person in the bar.

"Please?"

He sighed and slid his pay across the counter,

Out in the rain we go then he drop from his seat and walk slowly and deliberately for the door at an angle keeping an eye on his new companion. A pretty girl doesn't just ask to see your "sword" in such a dingy hole like this... unless shes looking to loot your drunken body. Unfortunately he wasn't drunk yet so he reached the door and leaned against the frame. After you ma' lady. He waved for her to go on out ahead.

He took the time while he was waiting to scan the pub again. The few patrons left were nodding off or in the unlit corner. Morgoth new the type of buissness that went on in establishments like this back woods inn. He loosed his blade from its sheath and watched the reactions of those still in control of their faculties.

The bar keep eyied him carefully and began to speak,

"I"ve already warned you drow..."

Morgoth cut him off then,

"I'll be out of your hair with the lady we both know paid you a little too well."

The humans eyes burned but he stopped talking and returned to serving the group at the end of the bar by the dark corner. Morgoth eying the cloak rack he was leaning next to decided while he was at it he might as well get something to keep him dry in the rain.

"I'll be confiscating someones cloak for now." Morgoth said addressing the room at large.

Picking up a light black cloak just something to cover has head in the rain. He held open the door for the lady. Now that he thought about it he hadn't asked her name. Or even inspected her for a weapon. Her smile had disarmed his mind. He eyed her carefully now she wasn't armed in any way visibly but he'd found when at war that casters didn't need physical weapons. Though they did tend to like carrying staffs, which could be she was a martial artist accept she isn't equip like the meat head that was just ejected like last nights dinner. No matter what she was she was fun to look at her pale complexion drew Morgoth's attention as Myrie was also abnormally pale for a dark elf but she is clearly a different branch.

"What is your name if you don't mind me asking ma' lady? I am Morgoth outcast and prince of the Underdark. "

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:05 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Success! The pale drow bit, but Ellia wasn't out of the woods, or in this case, into the rains, just yet. She had no intention in appreciating the skill required to forge the blade, nor any desire to take in every aesthetically appealing quality the weapon offered. Such innocent uses of time would certainly not be the wisest use of her investment in the spot she held most of the day. Leaving town with something a bit more interesting than her staff, -that- was something worthwhile. Still, the now introduced Morgoth remained indoors, and her next action, though near mandatory, could easily slam the breaks on the plan.

After her newest 'friend' had found himself a cloak, the wizard bounced back to the barkeep and held out her hand. Once done caring for the group at the end of the bar, the keep turned to the elf, not entirely sure what she desired. He certainly wasn't about to return her coin! With a scoff, turned his back on the lady and returned to his job.

"Staff?" she asked, her tone speaking volumes for her impatient irritation.

The quarterstaff was retrieved and passed back to it's owner. This is what worried the woman; any sort of image she had of an innocent appreciator of fine smithing could be corrupted by something as dull as a long, balanced stick. Still, the stick would most assuredly required for step 4 of the plan, should step 3 go the more likely, less favourable route. Critical thought had returned to her companion, the complacent look wiped far from his face. He likely had already guessed at her game, given the odd mention of pay to the keep, but it was then obvious it didn't matter what was going on in his head. He had chosen to back himself into a corner by further agitating the barkeep, and whoever thought they owned a black cloak. He'd be leaving the tavern now, even if he did realise her interest was devious.

She smiled at the door holding drow, and went forth with her now unneeded explanation. The fewer people paid attention to her after she left the dust and smoke of the building, the better, and more than one pair of eyes seemed curious as to why one would need their quarterstaff to examine a blade.

"Just in case you get a bit too friendly, Morgoth. My name is Ellia, pleased to meet you."

Twenty paces in front of the tavern, Ellia turned and waited for both Morgoth and a closed door. She found herself gasping; the rain was considerably colder and heavier than she had expected. Her robe, already saturated in water, was made heavy and made breathing slightly difficult. The amount of water streaming down her face aided to this, too often would breathing with the nose cause water to be sucked up instead of air. The shock of the rapid change in temperature had nearly drained her lungs, and for a brief moment, she seriously considered just going back inside and calling off the whole event.

The rain was loud. Even once she had caught her breath, she found herself shouting just to be heard; the rain slamming into various surfaces at such a steady pace easily silencing her attempt. She had tried to shout again, but such effort was only rewarded with a deep, hack of a cough. Blackened bile decorated the cobble street below her now, the amount equivalent to what one would expect from a single drink at a bar. She wiped any residue off her face, and was glad to see the rain lessen to a suffer-able amount after a wicked blast of lightning and it's loud companion. With the ability to once-again communicate her thoughts, she spoke out, no longer mimicking the tone of someone nice.

"Not being able to hold my drinks is a small price to pay for everlasting life, don't you think?"

She smiled and took a few leisurely steps toward the man, quarterstaff pointed at the man is if it were a spear, though only with the support of her right arm. Step 3: Attempt a peaceful outcome.

"I have no doubt that you will be around for many more years, provided you keep out of the affairs of those who would rob you of your breath. However, I will be around well after your natural lifespan comes to a close. It's inarguable that I will get many more miles of usage out of that beauty of a blade than you will. Most would think it'd look even better in my hand than yours. What say you, hmm? Let's give that weapon a legacy it deserves."

A few shivers worked their way out. She figured it'd be best to not remain in the rain any longer than absolutely necessary, in case sickness could still trouble her. The streets were rightly deserted; once the martial artist and group of too-enthusiastic adventurers were ignored, people who weren't in the business of sword acquisition had little reason to subject themselves to such poor weather.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:40 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

His attitude seems to have struck a nerve, she asked for her staff from the bar keep. The man was originally confused as to the hand gesture but a simple,

"Staff?

And his eyes lit with the aftermath of someone else intelligence. He passed the simple stick across the counter marking her the caster he'd pegged her for in the first place.

"Great" muttering to himself he followed her through the wooden door. Then he realized as the door clapped shut he felt the rain poor down from the sky the other elf sputtering kept the smile on his face. His new hood kept his face mostly dry. The purely aesthetic cape silhouetted him against the dark wood of the door. Bile spewed on the ground all pretense of kindness drained from the witches face.

"Not being able to hold my drinks is a small price to pay for everlasting life, don't you think?"

His smile vanished her taunt if correct boded ill for his chances of victory. She couldn't be a lich her natural flesh still law upon her bones. Though immortals aren't unheard of, unlikely scenario but that doesn't mean she isn't a fresh fleshy.

"I have no doubt that you will be around for many more years, provided you keep out of the affairs of those who would rob you of your breath. However, I will be around well after your natural lifespan comes to a close. It's inarguable that I will get many more miles of usage out of that beauty of a blade than you will. Most would think it'd look even better in my hand than yours. What say you, hmm? Let's give that weapon a legacy it deserves."

Her tone had changed and a faint threatening air about her suggested her game was actually out on the table he left stepping into her 'trap'. His sword still in hand his smile was gone however,

"Ellia, I'd like to be able to let them know how to identify your head stone. I'd hate for them to leave such a pretty lady lost to an unmarked grave.

No one pointed a weapon at him with out consequences not even Myrie. She was drenched her dress clung in all the right places but Morgoth wasn't amused anymore. While the lady isn't wrong in some respects the blade did have the markings to match her dress. The dark elf had forged the blade with the blood sweat and tears of years in the iron works. The blade is an extension of his being not something he could freely give to another. Leveling his blade and dropping his hood as the rain eased up.

"Time speaks true, I'd like you to know that when i reach the count of one I will strike to kill though by your grace. You may attack first as a lady it be fits you to end my suffering before i have to kill you again."

Her pale complexion and the complicated implication of immortality meant that they'd be burying her alive to live in a coffin for all eternity. Morgoth had a the sincerest hope that a living hell was better than a purgatory called living. From this point forward he be dealing with her as if she was an opponent to be feared.

Morgoth eyed the tree line a short sprint but those noises earlier were a little nerve racking now. Dealing with a caster and wild animals was unappealing but then she'd be in his element. The dark elves best chance was to lure her into the forest he decided to keep an eye on the tree line this face off would have to come to a head soon.

Five, Four, Three... He started his count down watching her hands for the glow of power that would precede the ethereal assault.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:09 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Step three did indeed result in the less favourable direction.

Certainly, the young elf had little doubt that the drow wouldn't think much about the proposal. Who would actually think, "Oh gee, her claims are far from dubious, and her reason is so solid, that I should merrily surrender my goods for the benefit of not only a stranger, but for the goods themselves,"? Few. And probably not the sort to still have anything interesting left in their possession, if they had anything at all. Ellia made a side-note to herself: name steps from the mindset of expectations, not the actions used to move things along. The old(current) naming convention led to a sort of false disappointment when the outcome did not align with the name, even if it wasn't expected to.

The hoped for reaction would be flight, on his part. Fleeing from a caster is always a grand adventure, and being slowed by the slick of wet cobble would only make the excitement grow until someone died of laughter. Or mana exploding through their organs. It -almost- looked like he was going to go for such a quest too, which brought out a premature smile from the elf. She really hoped that the fear of losing the blade would strike deep enough to make him wish to be elsewhere as soon as possible, but his countdown signified he was more willing to fight to keep his stuff than flee to 'keep' his stuff. Lame.

"I won't be dying again, drow. I advise you to shut your eyes whenever lightning is about, else your sensitive little eyes might have a hard time watching me pry my blade from your grasp."

She decided against tossing spells at this point in time. If he were still contemplating walking or running away, showing him that it was a poor idea was a sure way to lose that possibility. Staff in left hand, she walked slowly towards her foe, careful to not give him the break he needed by falling flat. Still, there was a sense of urgency. If he managed to stall for the remainder what she guessed was the sun setting, he probably could sneak off into the night. Were those clouds so dark because the storm-system was so mighty, or because the light of day had receded farther than she thought? The storm-grey robe she wore hardly seemed a fitting name compared to the darkness above. Soon she'd be in striking distance. Soon she'd find out if the drow was capable enough to make her doubt her confident claim about not dying again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:49 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

The lightning struck in the distance the percussion of thunder echo through the woods and the flash of light illuminated the drow's face as he spoke,

"1!" with a note of finality he step in a swung his blade well aware she could hit him with her staff. Keeping her close was a necessary precaution to increase the chances of dodging the nasty projectiles the witch had in her bag of tricks. His blade cut a clear arc for her shoulder while stepping away in the same movement. A strike to push her back while still moving towards the forest himself hopefully he can draw her into the forest. If his plan failed he would be at her mercy in a matter of seconds. She could bombard him with blows and spell and he'd find no cover in this clearing between him and the woods was her.

The pure tactics of war flowed through his mind like the spells flow through the mind of a wizard. The warrior, the samurai, his true calling was his blade and no one would rest Shadow serpent from his grasp; That is not without killing him. That simple flick of his wrist had also put his blade in a good defensive position in case she just struck out with her staff. Keeping the blade between him and her stick would hopefully keep his face intact.

Thinking back he'd realized in the final seconds before he attacked she'd spoken again,

"I won't be dying again, drow. I advise you to shut your eyes whenever lightning is about, else your sensitive little eyes might have a hard time watching me pry my blade from your grasp."

She really thought she was going to take Shadow serpent away from him. He had an emotional connection to his blade it had saved him many times since they'd left the farm. This was his inheritance he'd never receive anything like this from his real father. The would have to focus on the battle ahead there was hope in the woman's eyes that he would run yet. She didn't understand that he was trained all to well.

"You hope in vein Ellia, my honor is far too important to me to let such a claim to part of my soul go unpunished. You won't leave this night without receiving at least one scar and you'll be lucky to leave her at all."

The entire time he kept his eyes locked on hers. He knew the eyes would move long before the body in the motions of her next attack. Her tell would be clear she hasn't been trained to hide it like a knight or a ruffian. A simple facial tick could mean the difference between him blocking with his blade or taking a spell to the gut. That being said if he were wrong and she'd learn to master her tell he'd be eating a blow any second.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:17 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

The idea was simple enough: Use a quick strike at the same time he makes his first attack to judge his aggression scale. Does he continue the swing without flinching, either not caring at all about threats made to him so long as he could do damage? Was he in control of his reactions to the point he would be able to ignore weak threats to press his attack? Was he closer to the middle ground, preferring to flinch or alter his attack to a more defensive one to accommodate the perceived threat? Or would he go to the hard defense route, backing up or abandoning his swing for a block?

Morgoth rose his weapon after finishing his countdown, his blade aimed high on her frame. She would aim just under the center of his chest with the end of her staff, under the impression that the desire to protect one's vitals would give her a better understanding on how the warrior's reactions functioned. Knowing how he reacted was expected boost her confidence in her endeavours, so long as the man wasn't able to use her realization against her.

The idea was okay; she mimicked something she had been shown many years ago, when she was still being trained as if she had a chance of being proficient in weapons. The staff had been in her left hand and held to her side, so she quickly twisted her wrist to bring the bottom end to her opposite side, so as to avoid restricting her weapon usage to a single hand. Gripping the staff with her right hand as far down the wood as she could do so fluidly, she thrust her left towards her target. Her right hand would continue the strike forward until her hands met, then would pull back quickly. Since this jab would utilize most of the length of her weapon, she could afford to take a step back while performing the attack, and be safe from his swing while poking at his body.

Changing from lesson to practice was always something of a struggle for the high elf. Her staff training had taken place over forty years ago, which is quite long enough for both memory and muscle memory to no longer be comfortable with the task. Unfortunately for the elf, it had never been comfortable. She was much too focused on making sure the jab resolved properly to bother taking a step back during the event, leaving her vulnerable to the attack she should have avoided. Passing easily through her drenched robe, Shadow Serpent bit her shoulder-blade and shoulder, leaving a nice slice that even greeted the side of her extended left arm.

This came as quite a surprise for the wizard. She had fully expected that the massive amounts of water that filled her garment would provide a little extra shelter from blades. Apparently, she was mistaken. The katana moved through her failure of a water barrier as if it weren't there at all, much to her dismay. If fewer sharp things were immediately involved, she'd pull herself aside for some serious self-kicking action.

In addition to not being helpful, her weighty clothing also proved to be a hindrance. Twice. Her arms strained against the new weight, and her staff jab didn't execute as quickly as she expected it to. It wouldn't even manage to act as an interruption if it hit, unless her foe was really hypersensitive to threats. Then, when she noticed her failure [Quickened Mind] she couldn't move fast enough to quit her exploratory jab, and earned a new gash on her shoulder instead.

Hopefully the lightning would bother the drow's light sensitive eyes. She wasn't even really sure of how sensitive was the norm; would lightning even bother them?

Morgoth was stepping away as he swung, so even without the wizard backing up, the extension of her right arm was still required. Then the other surprise came. Ellia hadn't been in a situation that required strength since she crawled out of her rocky tomb that had been provided by a well-meaning sylvaan, aside from the rock jilting to escape. She had assumed she would have kept that property constant, or even improved, from being given a second shot at life. Aren't fleshies known for their tremendous might? Apparently she hadn't gotten the memo. Not like she could ever have been described as strong, being a high elf [weakness] that never approached the title 'warrior', but this attack really let her know she was a little worse off after her ordeal. Combined with the leather armor she struck at, her first attack should have its status of 'attack' removed. A movement, now reduced to the rank of a poke, had earned her an annoying cut, and even though it was shallow, shallow cuts were still fairly deep on the frame of a high elf wizard[frail].

She had brought a stick to a sword fight, and apparently, a stick she couldn't use properly. The disappointment was evident on her face as the two backed away from each other, one now bleeding. Thankfully the wet finally offered some sort of comfort; the made-heavy robe was eager to apply cold and pressure to the wound, making the wound suck less. It still stung, though only almost as much as realizing that all her attack managed to interrupt was her own undeserved feeling of superiority.

"Oh look, I still bleed. Ouch."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:14 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

The follow through went flawlessly. The high elf had made a pitiful strike at his torso further confirming his suspicions she was just that a caster. In a way the strike had tickled more than anything else his leather armor more than capable of absorbing a love tap if you will. The laugh boiled out almost by accident. Morgoth had to take a moment to regain his composure as she was still very much a threat if she started throwing fireballs.

Returning his focus to the battle at hand he breathed and decided that taking his opponent down was the first order of business. Though he was currently more than a match for her he could suggest an ultimatum. Give up and he wouldn't leave her there after he'd broken a limb or two for her insolence. Or she could keep fighting and he'd just have to end her miserable existence.

The dark elf decided against an ultimatum she'd already used one earlier so he'd be a little less than original tossing up the same stakes. The final thought ran through his head,

"Ask nicely and I will make this as painless as possible."The smile never leaving his face his eyes still on her hands.

He continued circling to the right. Ever pushing toward the tree line, Ellia too had been eying the forest but more like because the lightning seemed isolated to the clearing on the other side of the tree's the strip of tree wasn't so small that the dark elf had to shield his eyes from the flashes.

He let the moment pass breathing in Morgoth continued circling he rotated swing his blade bellow her staff aiming high right and waist height on the back stroke. [Spinning blade] The dark elf knew that the girls reflexes weren't their best and hoped to end the battle with this simple blow. The attack wouldn't be deadly but who knows what's actually deadly to a fleshy undead. His final goal still in mind he continued to watch the tree line his approach would be inevitable. He'd attempted being reasonable earlier though and she wouldn't have it she want Shadow serpent. With another strike or two she might have it yet but not in the way she'd originally intended.

The rain was picking up again and the elf considered pull the hood back up even knowing it limited his vision. The soft cloak had been drenched much like high elf's attire luckily the clock cinched to his armor not around his neck. However it was still very uncomfortable to have the extra weight weighing him down. His goal in sight Morgoth would push himself to and beyond his limits to defend his honor. His wrath would keep the dark elf going until this fight was over. He knew now that she could easily be playing with him so no matter her answer he'd have to end this quickly. Myrie ever present in his mind he knew she was still sick and while she was still traveling with him any foe could exploit her illness to bring him to heel. The dark elf had made the mistake of taking women lightly in the past and he had a scar on his fore arm to prove they weren't a joke in battle. No, he couldn't make the mistakes he'd made in the past. This time he had strategy on his side least she start throwing explosions or fire he might have her yet.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:37 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

There was little choice. Being somewhat of a wimp wasn't a great quality when someone just cut you open. A wet cloth in the cold wasn't quite good enough to dull the pain, which motivated Ellia to go back to holding her staff in only her left hand. Her right then applied additional pressure to the wound, hoping to aid her heavier than normal robe in stopping the blood flow. Notes were made from the trade: Morgoth didn't seem to react at all to a non-threatening attack. It was time to use the ample time he was giving by circling and talking. Opportunities arose when one didn't flinch when something didn't appear immediately threatening. Opportunities that would likely be enhanced by an inherent flaw in his genetic make-up. She began pulling on the energies of her ley lines.

Other things worth realising were realised. Her confidence in her staff mastery was misplaced, as she was clearly less comfortable with the weapon than she remembered. She also needed to take into account the weight of her robe to adjust for it. Thoughts and notes that may not have been realised if her foe didn't bother to relent, but she figured she should be grateful rather than condescending about that part.

While he circled to her left, the wizard remained in place, adjusting to keep him in front as necessary. Shortly, she thought, she would lunge at him and cause quite a bit of pain. But she would prefer to do so while he was vulnerable, as the thought of hitting the sharp of a blade with her palm was far from ideal. He kept his sword low while he circled, though, so when he eventually swung upwards she was ready. She twisted the pole slightly right so that it would meet and weaken the blow her foe offered, crossing weapons nearly perpendicularly. Her arm gave way to his strength, and the force and push both really tore at her wound, the act only worsened with her right sliding off, pulling even more at the rip in skin. During this painful block, the elf placed her weight on her right leg, letting the other swing back and bring her torso out of the slashing arc, and once safety was claimed, she pulled back her staff to keep her left arm from getting sliced again. Her staff would be forced back to her left side completely, but that was fine by the woman. She had her opportunity, she thought, her right side pointed towards Morgoth enough that she should be able to reach him. Then he forced her to abandon the plan entirely; the swing moved nearly fluidly into another. She caught this before committing to her attack [Quickened Mind] and took a step back instead. She braced her arm for yet another impact, but when both fighters took a step back during the second swing, she was no longer in immediate reach. She was quite glad he was using what looked to be a heavier blade in a single hand, and tried to use it fluidly while retreating, even if it meant her idea was prevented.

Now a couple paces from eating steel, the elf conjured up what seemed to be floating shards of glass that had a slight tint of lilac to them. They were fairly sharp, but lamely, quite tangible. So much for genetic flaws coming handy. {Magic Shards, 1/2/2} They wouldn't be as painful as the norm, but she expected the strength of force she added to her spells would compensate for the below average performance [Weight of the World]. Her smile seemed to release the shards from her palm, and the small mass of energy-made materials flew outwards, aimed just above the knees of the Samurai's armor free legs. If it hurt for him to move around, things would be cooler, and at the shorter distance, she was confident that the speed they were conjured and travelled would be adequate to inflict such damage. As soon as the spell left her hand, it went right back up to continue pressing against her left shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Magic Shards, 2 of 3 remaining.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:51 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

The perfect storm rang in his head with the success of his purpose coming to to fore front. The dark elf had just seen behind the vale and it was time to unleash the dance of battle. The step each player had made were that of the lead and follower. He'd forced the other elf into a secondary reactive position. Unfortunately his strike hadn't worked in the way originally intended but had come to the same result. She now favored the left hand once more. Holding her shoulder as she and Morgoth backed away once more always turning with him. She moved in lockstep with his action, his eyes followed her hand as it dropped from her shoulder.

He saw her hand come to a stop as what appear to be purple glass appear in mid air. Morgoth didn't had much time as the other elf smiled and the shards flew through the air. While attack taking the pain with seemed logical as she could take far less than he but if she was just slowing him down to pull on something bigger. No, he'd have to avoid at least some of the shards. Pushing off to the right he dived for safety; Three pieces grazing his right leg leaving ragged tares in his black trousers.

The completed his combat roll leaving himself out of rage for an attack just barely stopping himself from skidding onto his face. [Vanguard mentality] Pulling himself up Morgoth eyed the tree line still a good ten feet behind him see was still smiling. Her face continued to remind him of Myrie. The girl to joy at his pain and challenged his authority to say the least. On top of that she had the audacity to threaten to steal his sword. An yet he still knew now that she bleeds. This fleshy undead would not leave her any less than two pieces at this pace. The cut in her arm under the stress of battle she could easily suffer problems should this drag out. Unfortunately those shards had been indeed very sharp and made bright red lines across his skin. Gravity wouldn't help the cloth bind to his wounds as easily as they had to hers. His pants had been previously dry, his feet of athleticism was not without a cost. He would have to brewed on this hit and lick his wounds while he waited for the sorceress next strike.

Come one, come all and watch the witch's magic tricks! He barely stifled another laugh. His insolence was intended to rouse her to a more hot headed response. Unfortunately his new rival seems to use her mind for more than flowers and ponies.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:42 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Morgoth had ignored the earlier staff attack, showing either an ability to judge threats well and react accordingly, or confidence in his durability. When he dove out of the way to avoid her shards, Ellia figured it was the former, but such threat detection was suited much more to the realm of physical combat than the arcane. The shards, while sharp, didn't pose much of a threat when not assaulting tender and important targets, like eyes or major veins, something made quite obvious by scratches left on his leg. Obviously worse than the sad excuse of a staff stab she had managed, but probably not much worse then someone who knew what they were doing with a staff could pull. Maybe he was nervous about magic? Maybe he didn't want to take any damage to his movement, and was actually making sound threat decisions even still? It mattered little right now, he offered a break from the combat.

{Energy Ball, 2/3/0}

There was no reason not to take advantage of time. The witch began casting her follow-up spell; the strongest in her limited repertoire, though not by much. With the given time, she opted to conjure up a more complex version, such a spell would take quite a bit of time to finish, but she would be rewarded with a quicker moving sphere of pain than the norm. She wanted to wait on this a bit longer, but when the samurai made yet another glance to the tree-line, it was fairly evident he still planned on fleeing into the forest, or at least battling in an environment with much more cover. Hitting a fleeing target with spells was a bunch of fun. Hitting a bunch of trees while trying to do so was probably going to be less fun, perhaps even annoying. She had been hoping he'd try to flee, but not into the trees, and with the plan to do so quite obvious rather than just a consideration, she'd need to try to convince the man to stay. At least convince him to stay out of the trees. Quite a shame that the rain had left everything soaked, a quick Energy Ball into dry leaves would have made for an excellent deterrent.

"My magic is rather entertaining, isn't it? Yet you eye the trees like a lost lover you would give anything to be reunited with. How saddening! I'd have thought a mighty swordsman like yourself wouldn't be so bothered by cheap witch tricks after saying I would be lucky to even walk away from you. You should stay and play in the rain with me, and not be a coward!"

The lightning flashes didn't seem to be bothering the drow. Just as well, she thought, as it was near impossible to count on them to blind her foe when she wanted them to. She was obviously a little too excited at the possibility to really think about it before, but she figured it was all okay, as she never made the mistake of trying to rely on such an event. The rain continued to numb the pain on her left arm, being both cold and soothing, as well as adding weight. Maybe he would think the last line a trick and try to flee while she prepared her spell! If she could hit him before he slunk into the forest, things would be even better! With this in mind, Ellia took her right hand, now quite covered in a blood/water mix from her shoulder, and wiped the liquid onto her hair and cheeks. Pretty lame, if she said so herself, but it might be seen as creepy or something, and motivate him to show his backside for a bit. Maybe the continued smile would help with that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Energy Ball* [1/2]
*Not cast this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:10 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

The dark elf knew his inherent weakness to the incorporeal would be a horrible disadvantage should she up the ante. The stakes were high but she hadn't thrown her next spell after producing it. This could be good or bad for him as he knew that mustering the strength for a full sprint into the unknown was a huge gamble should her spell be faster than his blade. Normally he'd roll the dice but not at this moment, He knew at that moment the tree line was his best bet. A bolt of lightning struck down from above strike three feet between the two. Covering his eyes Morgoth hissed in frustration as his eyes stung in the light. He knew sooner or later her spell would go off and without a further thought he set off on the sprint he'd intended on starting not a second before. He'd lick his wounds in the comfort of the shadows the lightning had highlighted on the fact that night was clearly descending upon them.

If he could draw her in she'd be stuck in his world, where light and shadow danced in a beautiful balance. A act that has gone on for years beyond time. Moments beyond his years, time would ebb and flow from before his birth to the end of days. Dark elves knew there was safety in the shadows that's why they live underground. "Cave tick" indeed he'd draw her into the woods and drain her till there was nothing left but a shadow of her former self. Making her truly a shell of the being that once inhabited this world. She'd pay for threatening him, threatening Myrie, his mind fell back on the fact he'd left her alone.

He grinned from the edge of the would standing there catching his breathe. "Join me in the dark sister of the night. I'll show you my world and we'll see who comes out the worse for ware."

Ellia still reminded him of Myrie and until he got that out of his head he wouldn't be able to fight to his full capabilities. " Myrie..." Sighing to himself,
"I'll be back soon my love!" Shouting at the night like a challenge to the world to stop him, his love, his future; Their destiny.

Shadow blending at the edge of the forest he awaited the witches release of the blast. He knew that the moment would pass but inevitably he'd still have to soldier on. The force, the rage in his voice shattered the silence after that bolt of lightning and that is all he could do. Tempt the witch draw her into your web pull her into the dark and strike from the shadows. His blade had struck true once a few more cuts and he'd have her. He'd already tasted blood now all he had to do was make her bleed some more. She's the reason Myrie's alone this night, he might have had a an ally for a moment but his knew friends temper had gotten the best of him. That tavern wouldn't want him back, he used the shredded cloth from his pants to tie some leaves to his right leg. The wet leaves and the pressure was nice the stinging feel and alleviated for the moment the elf went back to watching the orb of power the witch had made. It had a nasty look to it he feared it might just tare through the tree protecting him and his body afterward.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:13 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Pride is the best bait.

Clearly so, she thought, as she watched the samurai turn tail and flee without hesitation. She had hoped he'd do so, but not until taking a moment to think about the choice before he made it. A few seconds to consider standing around or so could have put him in a good place for getting pegged in the back, and, she expected, most would probably hesitate at the notion of turning their back to a charging sphere of energy.That he made it to the tree before she was ready for him to do so was frustrating. More frustrating, perhaps, was how obvious the little damage of her glass shards became; Morgoth hit his goal before she could give him a hole in his backside, seemingly unhindered by any meaningful measure.

Soaked in the constant rain, the elf experienced the very first time that she was disappointed to see someone who was swinging their sword at her stop and leave. She could almost see the playful scolding face of her brother in her nearly complete spell while she pondered over her next move, already she was criticizing her choices thus far and projecting them to through his voice.

"...Don't make gambits to capitalize on the best case scenario. They too rarely arise...
...If someone shows a high aversion to magic, don't expect them to change their feelings about it within a short period of time...
"

Of course. She was quite glad that he wasn't actually around to see her make all these mistakes, evident as they were in hindsight. Happy that he couldn't comment on how much she had done since she left the city, yet still was unable to grasp simple, obvious decision making abilities, while he flourished with ease. Happy he couldn't remind the parents of her plentiful shortcomings over dinner while he smashed expectations time and again. Happy that there was no one in the community to compare the two siblings each time she started feeling good about something.

She rose her hand, ready to shed her frustration on a tree whose only crime was giving cover to someone.

"I'll be back soon my love!"

She froze, magic still collected in her palm, awaiting release. The comment was quite odd, very unexpected, and had quite twisted the meaning of asking her to join him in the woods only a moment before. She had no idea what had brought on such feelings in such a short period of time, but would also be quick to acknowledge that she was completely ignorant to what drow romance involved. Could their terrible, vicious homelands really produce a race that thought this setting was a healthy way to create a relationship? Were females that could invoke the urge to flee really so sought after that one would proclaim their love on their first meeting? Did he think she was doing some flirting equivalent this entire time?

It sounded quite far-fetched, though more believable the more she thought about it, and such thoughts had blinded her to what she should have picked out from that short sentence. The samurai said he'd be back soon, which probably meant he was about to leave. It'd be hard to find a fleeing drow with such little light though a forest, and surely, were her brother around, he'd laugh at how easy it was to stall the witch while getting away. She had to shelve her curiosity; it would need to suffice to assume it was a trick for now. She tossed the Energy Ball at the tree that she last saw Morgoth near, trying her best to repress the idea of what message that would or would not send the man. It wouldn't be enough to break through anything thicker than a young tree, but she may be fortunate enough to harass him with burning splinters when the explosion blasted the side of the tree where she expected him to be.

She then faced another mistake to be made, though this one seemed forced upon her. Walk into the darkening forest that offered plenty of cover and shadows where a drow may be hostile towards her, or give up the chase and lose the sword? She -wanted- to just draw him out, but what could she do that would accomplish that? She already tried dragging pride into the matter, and she had a feeling that a drow wouldn't give a care in the world if she mentioned how irresponsible it would be to let an undead spell-slinger loose on the town for the sake of saving his hide. She knew what her brother would say here, something about how no possession was worth dying for, and how it'd be wise to just let this catch go. Which is mostly why she decided to march for the trees. Vibration charged as she prepared to face the repercussion for her latest of blunders.

{Vibration, 5/0/0}

"I'm not interested in romance unless it means I walk away with your blade, Morgoth."

She headed straight for what seemed to be his figure, eager to show she could do well while ignoring her brother's old advice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vibration used (not cast) 1/2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:56 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Score one for peer pressure; Morgoth had drawn a rise out of the other elf. She'd thrown the ball of energy at a tree just to his right ripping the bark off the front of the oak and scorching the inner part of the tower trunk. A couple embers floated past Morgoth's face while the shrapnel falling to either side of him. The bark smoldered in puddles all around him as the other elf ran towards his safe haven his grin returned. Her facial expression was resolute and angry he'd struck a nerve somehow.

"I'm not interested in romance unless it means I walk away with your blade, Morgoth."

That's too bad now a pretty corpse like her could surely find a mate someday. He was taken however, this he might just share with her; the fact he'd decided to let her live might still come back to bite him. She was running but not very fast too bad he didn't have projectiles. He'd just have to lay in wait ready to use his battle position to its fullest.

"Welcome to my world witch, the women I spoke of is my soul mate Myrie. You remind me of her but this dark rouse is kind of a joke. Spreading blood on your face, changing your voice wouldn't scare a mouse." He let his voice echo with the after sound a clap of thunder.

The dark elf stood ready to parry should her staff. He was back at dojo, strike, parry, repose, strike, parry. The dance of swords was something not to be taken lightly boy! Alashand struck the eager child's hand away. The elf pulled himself to his feet raising the practice blade to the ready position. Another quick trade of blows before he was on the ground again, Breathe, breathing is key in battle you can't win if you’re warring your own body out! Morgoth reached for the hand that didn't come this time. Sighing he started to pick himself up he felt the cool would strike the back of his head again. Then the sweet bliss of the unconscious state; unfortunately with each passing moment the elf knew he'd wake again and the pain would take his breathe away. His chest heaving has he took three sharp breathes trying to stand once more. The ringing in his ears and the glare of light against his eyes was very uncomfortable. His mind snapped back to the present he couldn't get lost in the past now Myrie need him to come back.

The breathed standing with his blade at the ready he knew his lessons would serve him well. The motions of the danced would be a test on his reflexes as he flowed through the steps of war. Each step like water flowing through its predetermined path, unbending, unbreaking, adaptive these are the things a warrior, a samurai is hammered with in there training. No one could stop him from protecting Myrie’s safety beyond that he could die happy knowing he'd saved her.