It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Finding a Rival Between a Plain and a Forest (vs JuliodlE)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:52 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Slash delivered, distance gained, and (for crying out loud) the boy stopped attacking. Kitzaron made a couple of steps backwards to reach the plains, but instantly he desisted when he saw Sebastián starting to approach. He didn’t consider it wise, being caught by another raid-like punch in the middle of a retreat. So he stood his ground, left feet in front of him, with his weight on the right (back). And he grabbed the long tachi as if it was a claymore: right hand on the hilt a bit lent forward, and the other took on the pommel to make the blade swift with haste if necessary. The edge of the blade was facing downwards.

The warrior steeled himself, preparing to endure another piece of the dance, just in case this was the beginning of a second half.
He gave the prince a serene look, trying to inspire confidence, as if things were going as he planned. And in fact, it wasn’t that far from truth. At least he stopped being pushed from one side to the other and gained a pause to breath normally again. He knew he could not take that pace for much longer. It was rush and ferocious: too much for a ranked old-timer.

He noticed the fighter glanced at the dead thief, a couple of meters to his left. But the light was fading fast to be sure of any gesture. Even the insidious smile of his, seemed to vanish in the growing dusk. There, with his forehead slightly bowed and both fists covering his face, he looked older: more mature or less impetuous. Kitzaron suddenly recover his distaste for killing.

But that exactly was what the Old-Man said through the thief’s lips. When Kitzaron asked if there was anything that it could be done to get his wife back, he said “there always is: kill”. Kill who? Who was to blame for the wretched reality he was involved in? Certainly, not the poor lad.
But what could he do about him? And what about his headstrong idea of combating over nothing?
One thing was clear to him: the battle had to end one way or the other. And the sooner the better, considering the imminent nightfall.

Listen to me, Prince: this battle has run its purpose. Think it twice if you must, but be sure of any decision. Choose to let me take care of my wound, choose to have a look at yours, and we could spend the night in these woods. We’ve been provided with a sack of vegetables, so we won’t even need to hunt. Let me clean my sword and make peace or else... you will die here and now... for no reason.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:17 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

The battle had finally reached a point in which Sebastián actually felt threatened; he welled up the anger inside of himself, deciding upon letting it flow freely (Tranquil Fury 1 use left). But while he did that, the opposing warrior spoke about a truce between the two. Even within his rage, the berserker was able to think calmly, never taking decisions without thinking them for a second at least. He looked at the corpse of the man in order to restore his own desire to enforce his justice, but, and with the sun positioned at a good angle, he saw a glint of something bright in the hands of the man, a knife.

The young warrior deduced immediately what had happened before he saw Kitzaron, had he seen, he would have aided the samurai. The thought of it made him reconsider, but after thinking once more, he realized that if he was not able to be an even match for an older warrior, it would be pointless to attempt to free the souls that were attached to him, he needed power for that, the power to separate them, and to allow them to roam. He showed his true face to Kitzaron, the one that wouldn’t be able to smile, even if the gods willed him too. He threw both of his fighting claws away from himself, but at a distance where no one would steal them, then spoke to the older man.

“Even after realizing the reason that you had to kill the man, I cannot help but feel disappointed in myself. If I am unable to be an equal to you, how would I ever hope to free these souls that are surrounding me? I will tell you their story, and mine, if you grant me the wish of fighting me in my current state, but while covering your blade with its scabbard. I need to spar with someone more experienced in order to learn, would you grant me this one wish? Not for me, for them. My fighting claws are away, I’ll also fight without anything lethal.”

His dialogue was long, but it contained everything he wished to say at the moment, he truly wished to learn from Kitzaron, and he would without doubt do so, even if he had to use his rage for him to consider Sebastián a worthy disciple. Or even better, someone able to fight at the same level.That way, he would feel far more confident in his own abilities. Perhaps he wouldn’t meet the older warrior ever again, but he could take everything he learnt to further his goals. He moved a short distance back while waiting for Kitzaron’s response, preparing his guard while doing so.

----
Rage used 3 posts left

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:31 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

“So this is the man I have to fight”, Kitzaron thought after really meeting him.
The prince changed his mind about fighting over a senseless issue, all right. Instead, he found another reason.
It was a mill spinning, unable to stop: rage flowing through a youngster’s vein, like meltwater trying desperately to reach the open sea.
All that mattered was the promise of deliverance.
That was the kind of anger that showed in Sebastián’s countenance. The smile was gone. It made him look like a real person, suddenly.
He wasn’t entirely on the mood for one more training battle but he understood the sentiment for he has already been there. If only he had have someone to guide him, or just hold him in... maybe that would have spared him to turn himself to the Old-Man.
He couldn’t deny that to a young well-intentioned fighter. He might one day end up being a Paladin.

“Very well, Sebastián. Let’s do it.”

Kitzaron grinned as his muscles lost its rigidity. He actually felt released about not having to fear for his life. He stabbed the tachi in the ground, near by the lying corpse and he walked away, towards the plains, where he hoped to seize the last fading rays of light.
As he walked, he tore his shirt apart and gave a look at the nasty wound on his side. It was much worse than what he thought it to be. It was still bleeding.
“Let’s do it fast”, he mumbled for himself by the time he reached the open space, pressing the piece of cloth against the bleeding hole. Then he threw it away and took the empty scabbard from his belt and dropped it near by.

“Come on in, mate. But don’t expect me to teach you anything. It is you who must make me learn... about your pain.”
He stepped on guard, just as if he was still holding a sword. His right arm and leg in front. His torso, lent forward. Both hands half opened and lowered at the height of his bellybutton.

He kept in mind there was a story awaiting to be told: the story of some surrounding spirits that reminded him of the souls of the victims of an assassin, or a necromancer. He wanted to hear that, just in case it had some sort of connection with the reason why Sebastián said to know what had happened between him and the thief.
Besides, Kitzaron always preferred a good tale over an excellent fight.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:07 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

As rage filled his body, it became a tool for combat rather than a living being. Sebastián waited until his opponent was ready to fight, it would have been easier to train if they had wooden weapons. But even at that moment, they would only fight while knowing the reach of each other’s respective weapon, avoiding damage made by it, and giving in once “lethal damage” would be done. Once Kitzaron was ready, Sebastián made a mental image of his blade, as if it was still within his hand, he’d avoid it, as if it would kill him to be struck by it, he’d do so, because in a real fight that would happen.

The sky was orange, knowing that the sun would set at any given moment. The young warrior wouldn’t smile anymore, Kitzaron was already conscious of the fact that his smile was a façade, he did not need o hide himself behind a mask anymore, so his face, stern for his age, and more emotionally scarred than, most likely, any other human or humanoid. He set his eyes upon the older warrior, his calm nature allowing him to fight while keeping his breathing in check, only letting the air inside him free when he needed to give power to an attack, or receive a blow while attempting to weaken it.

Blades of grass folded beneath his feet, it was probable that some drops of dew would skip while he moved, moving in a parabolic movement as if to make a chorus to his center stage. He was reminded, with inevitable bitterness of the plays that he had seen both, as a child, and a young adult. If this had been one, the moment would be a final encounter, a perfectly practiced battle that would look so real to the public, that they would scream in anguish when the hero fell, or delight at the victory of the protagonist. Who would be the protagonist of the battle?

His steps were quick and almost impulsive, yet they held the power of goals and ideals within themselves, perhaps after freeing those souls he’d finally be able to forgive himself, and he would continue aiding those in need, regardless of any danger. His clothes shook at the speed of his movements; he was a true berserker, despite having a rational fury, his power stemmed from emotions, and with his desire to become better boiling, he was both stronger, and faster. He stopped right in front of Kitzaron, at range of his fighting claws, with as much speed as he could muster, he punched the direction of his opponent’s shoulder.

His grey shirt trembled, but the attack wouldn’t reach his opponent, simply because of the unspoken, yet mutual agreement that they had, to use only the distance that their weapons allowed to reach. If the blow wasn’t parried by the imaginary blade, it would still hit, in an imaginary form perhaps, but it would. The battle was as real as any other, though this time they would be acting, it would be a corresponding thought, not one made out of nowhere.

----
Rage: post 2/4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:35 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Sebastián sprinted as if pursued by the damned with a growing flare on his pupils. He ran with strength rather than with speed. It was all in his stomach, Kitzaron could see. The point of equilibrium of his body mass, but also between his muscles and his rage: it was a power core; tying it all together.

The distance between the two was shortened in no time. So Kitzaron tensed his arms and legs, crouching to a ready stage. He also closed his left fist (the one at the rear) to distract the prince in the last moment of his approach.
Sebastián finally got in range and unleashed one of his famous direct punches, this time aimed to the warrior’s front shoulder. Immediately, Kitzaron triggered his counterattack. He passed his left foot forward and suddenly shoved his way into the prince’s space deviating the punch with a gentle touch of his left wrist and he launched a fist blow to his opponent’s chin.
Though the attack lacked of the might of a long anticipated punch, it was quick and straight: not really easy to be seen coming in.

But something was amiss. In the final step, Sebastián lost his balance, or his will, or something Kitzaron couldn’t name. It was as if the boy had decided not to connect the hit. For some reason his hand had ended up suspended in the proximities of the shoulder, right before Kitzaron could parry it. He almost lost his balance too, thus his counterattack wasn’t as fierce and harsh as intended.

“Maybe the kid is more in control than what he looks like”, he thought with discontent. He’d have to push him harder if he was to help him deliver himself from any ghost from his past.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:23 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

He had misunderstood, it seemed as if Kitzaron hd taken his position in order to fight in the way he was more used to, rather than to simulate a fight with a blade. If his opponent had been a martial artist, that mistake would have landed some damage on his body, but instead, it only resulted in a counter action. His fist went true to its objective, yet his power was easily used against himself, the fist was deflected away, as if it had been only a troublesome fly; this was possible even with Sebastián’s power by utilizing the strength of the berserker’s slight turn against him.

As with every battle that included strong combatants fighting on both sides, it would not end without a flowing action afterwards. Kitzaron contributed his own part to the show of might and glory by attacking the younger warrior’s chin. The former prince could not see the movement, because it was out of his visual range, but fortunately for himself, the instinct to return his fist to his body after attacking remained fresh. He was only able to react once he saw Kitzaron’s shoulder move, which only allowed him to put his palm slightly below his face.

The hand was pushed away towards his chin, however the impact had been significantly weakened, he didn’t feel as much pain as he could have. He decided to actually attempt to damage Kitzaron for once. His left quickly went to the edge of his waist, remembering the technique tat had been taught to him by one of his many combat masters from the time when he was a prince. Though everyone acknowledged that he was far more skilled at the use of the sword, or at riding a horse with a Morningstar in hand, he had chosen to use his fists in order to be able to decide when to kill, rather than to kill because his weapon wouldn’t do anything else for him.

The left arm travelled three times towards his opponent’s abdomen. It was highly lucky that Kitzaron himself was a tall man, Sebastián would not need to crouch in order to hit him after all. The movement, similar to that of bees protecting their hive, had been named swarm (Swarm, 1 use left) because of its speed, something proven by the fact that only his rage could allow him to use it. Though, he had made sure to subdue it slightly from normal, it was still much stronger than what he could do normally, because rage was behind him while doing so. And if it struck, it would still do a lot of damage, since three blows to the center of the body are not something to scoff at.
---

Rage used, post 3/4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:32 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

The space between the two was nigh inexistent.
Kitzaron was very capable of fighting with a broomstick and quite lethal armed with just a mere rock in his hand, but a naked-fist fight was decisively not his strongest.
His attack had served to its purpose: it had made Sebastián aware of the new conditions. But there had been a price to pay for the action. The prince’s reaction resulted almost inescapable. The three blows connected on his body without much trouble.
Though Kiztaron was offering only his right flank, which granted him the opportunity of saving his wounded side and keeping his middle untouched, the counterattack landed quite efficiently. The first blow hit his abdomen and the next two, his right elbow and arm, as the warrior only managed to lower it, in a puny defence.

Despite his great experience in battle and the intuition that could have alerted him to prevent the damage, Kitzaron was unable to react in time. The boy was too young for him, too fast... and everything happened at such a close range, there had been nothing to do about it.
And as if that wasn’t enough, he noticed Sebastián was charging with a grown rage. Grown by anger? By sorrow? Impossible to determine. But something was different in him. He was becoming unstoppable, finally. And the old soldier gasped in fear, because by definition, you cannot stop an unstoppable thing. Maybe he was going to be unable to reason with him again. And that didn’t bring a hopeful though to his mind. He had to be very careful in his following moves if he wanted to preserve his integrity.

Kiztaron, pushed by physical pain, was making the mistake of disregarding his mental issues. Not a thing to be overlooked, for his own pain and sorrow had been, to the date, disturbing enough.
To worry only about someone else’s should prove to be a harmful neglect.

So, compelled by the rush of the moment, he pushed away his thoughts and charged a new attack; identical to the last. From the cowering position he found himself after receiving the three punches, he shoot a right jab to the lower part of Sebastián’s chin.
That, and prepared himself to continue absorbing pain [ENDURANCE: skill]. Kitzaron knew the prince might have been just getting warm.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:48 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

I think we should end this battle with your next post, do you agree?
--

The fight had devolved into something more akin to what was before, when they were attempting to kill each other, as it was, it would be pointless for either of them to continue fighting. The former prince entertained the thought for a second before seeing another attack straight at his chin. He wasn’t able to defend himself from it at that moment, however, he could avoid being knocked out, it was a simple matter of lowering his chin until it touched his chest, that way, his body would be pushed back, however, he could keep himself at an advantageous position.

He wasn’t learning anything, nothing he hadn’t before at least. The attack would follow with one from the other party, then the cycle was repeated until one of them was either unable to attack, or knocked out, perhaps dead. Either way, he would just leave his last attack unfinished, in order to be able to reach an agreement with the older warrior. Sebastián used his right fist once more, this time, attacking with speed at a point in which his opponent would surely receive a measure of damage, the face.

However, his attack would be stopped once more at the same distance of his fighting claws, it would never reach Kitzaron’s face, or his arms if he attempted to block. He had already fulfilled his purpose of at least equaling him in battle in order to become better.

“Forgive me; I took the battle exceedingly far, now we are like two men brawling in a bar.“

He wouldn’t smile, knowing that the opposing man had seen through him, keeping his false image would be pointless.

“Though, I stopped my last attack from hitting you, I think it would be safe to say that we have reached a draw, I would agree to accept your offer from before, let us just calm down. But if you wish to take revenge, I will be quite tired in a few seconds because of my emotions being consumed, so either way, you won’t be lacking in time to strike. But it is my most sincere hope to count on you as a fighting companion”

He spoke truthfully, indeed, though they had fought, they were not really different. It would not be farfetched to have them becoming allies in combat, and it would aid Sebastián to have someone who would be kind enough to mentor him, or at the very least, aid in guiding him towards the path of life. After all, if he had to use the souls because of anything, it would be better to see them being used because of a just reason, rather than a childish ambition.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:36 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

No... actually I was starting to enjoy the company. =)
But there’s no way I’m going to attack you after such a brattish change
of mind.
I was about to make you suffer, he, he.
---

One more incoming punch which, when about to be parried, stopped. Right there, at a palm from his face. Kitzaron’s left arm made an arc in the air; blocking nothing. It made him lose a bit of his balance, and instinctively forced him to make two steps back.

The warrior gritted his teeth when getting ready for another assault. But the prince spoke; asking for forgiveness. He compared themselves to men brawling. Kitzaron felt his own anger boiling inside. He was no man; he was a demon, a cursed soul bursting in fear and rage. And he had to tolerate both, the daring of the first challenge and that pitiful excuse to end the true battle.
Now that he was genuinely fighting for a reason, he couldn’t be stopped. Not like that... not like a dog called by his owner.

He shook his head and allowed his exhaustion to gain over. He toppled, sinking his knee on the ground, still clenching his teeth.
“Bloody kid.” He said almost shouting. “This is no game. I’ve already been trying not to cut a hand off you.
My offer, as you say, was intended to avoid you from dying. Now there’s not a single blade in the scene, you shrink back!?”

Kitzaron tried to understand that of 'being about to feel tired'. What about his own fatigue? The youngster had no right to declare himself ‘tired’.
“What are you: ill?”

And he also spoke of revenge!! The whole thing was too insulting. Kitzaron caught his breath and tried to calm down before striking the boy down with the scabbard and beating him to death. For he remembered about his own troubles: the last thing he needed was to hate something. Once crossed that line, he couldn’t give account of himself. That’s why he went to the Old-Man. But the Old-Man cursed him, tying him down to this wretched earth in which the only way of surviving was killing.
He showed a bitter smile as he remembered with a sense of irony, the last words of the thief. Kill, kill, kill... maybe he was right.

A tear slipped through his closed eyelids.
“No draw, here, lad. You’re loosing. And I expected you to win. You are loosing the chance of liberating yourself. It’s much too late for me, I reckon. But I had the hope of helping you avoid a grim fate.
Do as you please, though. I won’t attack you from the back. If you want to go, do go.”

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:49 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Now we just wait for the poll :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:52 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Well... when you asked if I agreed to end the battle, I said no.
Kitzaron is in place. If you want to walk away, I guess you’d have to give me the battle.
I you want to win, find a reason to fight (I can help, he, he).
If you want a poll, help me get this story a bit longer.

Your call.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:11 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Continuing would not be possible for Sebastián without going out of character. So, I declare this as a loss from my side.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:01 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Pity... I fear I won’t find such a responsible opponent any soon.
If you are certain of this, I only need to say it’s been a pleasure and an honour.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:37 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

After discussing for a moment, we've decided to continue this battle once we've made a cherent decision on how to.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:35 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

After re reading, I found something that we could use to continue.
--
Sebastián prepared himself to leave, as he had said, what they were doing was no longer a fight, but instead a simple brawl. He would take a portion of the food in the bag, and then go far away. After all, it wouldn’t be convenient to be attacked by a wild beast while on such a tired state, and after having his rage gone, he wouldn’t be able to fight at his fullest, at least for a few minutes. Unconsciously, he his breathing started pulsing with speed, showing those souls took its toll on him.

But as he was about to grab the bag that the thief had left earlier, he heard the older man exclaim something about not wanting him to follow on the same path as before. Inside of him, a bitter laugh welled. There was no possibility that someone understood the pain of seeing a kingdom disappear under an instant, the pain of having to kill your own mother because of a necromancer’s whim, or the pain of having to hold every single one of their souls, just because dying could mean that they’d be damned to haunt the world in pain for all eternity.

There was no way anyone could comprehend, and he was glad about that, nobody should be able to, it wasn’t human. But as the man cried, it seemed as if he was speaking the truth, perhaps he had faced a similar pain, or at least one to a lesser extent. If so, it wouldn’t be impossible for Kitzaron to teach him, perhaps the chance encounter had been something planned by a slightly benevolent deity. Or, on the flipside, something planned by an evil god wishing to have a laugh at their expense.

With some effort, he raised himself from the bag of food, he had been kneeling, but now, he was standing, his position slightly relaxed to rest while standing, or else he’d be facing a strong warrior in the worst possible situation. Though, then again, Kitzaron wouldn’t be able to keep up for much longer, he was old, unlike Sebastián, he wouldn’t withstand as much, his stamina wouldn’t allow him that.

Sebastián moved is fists into defensive position, he’d receive a bit of damage before counter attacking, he had to restore his energy somehow.

“I do not know about your pain, but I agree that you are more experienced, and that you know about life, more than I or than most warriors for that matter.”