It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 1:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Along The Way (legendarymyth TB)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:35 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Ok, so if there are any questions, feel free to pm me! I may have a scary character, but I am not that scary myself, I promise! So remember to have fun with this! Here are a few pointers/rules of engagement;
Quote:
-Battles are fought in turns, you post after a response.
-Fighting happens in "real time" meaning you can, if you wish, go back in time a little to describe actions and things you do before any attack of the opposition lands (within reasonable limits)
-Be as descriptive as you can. More information makes for better battles.
-Do not ever control your opponent's character (or pets) in any way.
-Characters are, typically, allowed two actions per post: One defensive action and one offensive action. Regardless of whether you were attacked or not, you may only attack once per post.
-You can only use 1 special/spell per turn (you can use multiple skills per turn, and 1 special and multiple skills per turn though). Specials that have an effect on your opponent count towards your one offensive action. Defensive specials count as a special use and your defensive action. Misc specials (buffs mostly) are neither one but still count as a special use.
-Try to be fair in both your attacks as well as your dodges. Getting hit every now and then is not the end of the world, and deepens your character.
-There is a minimum of 2 paragraphs required in a post (though more are desirable!)
-No 'Unblockable' attacks. There's always something, somewhere that can happen.
-Be creative, use the world around you to your advantage!
-Use a spell checker, or a program that helps with puncuation. It can't hurt... and can generally help your posts more readable.
-Have fun!!! Battles are supposed to be enjoyable. If don't like it, something is wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bent at the edge of a pond deep in the woods was the notoriously known Feral Sylvaan, Nuncia. Slightly taller than most of her female elven counterparts, and likewise built as thick as a thin human, the woman held a wild air about her as she dug under the water for the green moss that clung to the rocks there. Hawk yellow-orange eyes stared back at her from the reflections, her expression twisted into a permanent scowl it seemed as she ground the moss into the paste she knew to help with the angry scarring already beginning along her nose and cheek. It was just another scar for her-- one of many that riddled her exposed flesh-- but this one was born of stupidity rather than her usual brand of bravery, courage, or dominance. No, this scar was from a flaming arrow of her last quarry, as was the newest hole of a scar in her right shoulder. At least that had the time to heal with the help of the herbs she had luckily found. The flaming burn not so much; smoothing the cooling paste on the wound, she waited for the embers to cool.

For all the good it did, it was still not good enough for the scalding burn still singeing the right side of her face. With a slight growl at the futility of her position, she unbent from the edge of the small pond she had found, straightening up as she dusted her hands off on her thighs. Straightening the leather vest she wore and throwing the whip of hair over her shoulder once more, she turned back towards the trees intent on heading back to her pack.

Yet she never made it that far; leaning jauntily against the ancient oak was that damned old man, with his playful smile and grandfather eyes --and worse yet, that immense power that crackled off him, making the hair on her arms stand on end and her hackles raise.

Cocking a hip and giving him her best scowl that would have turned lesser men into fearful pups, she looked the man in the eye as she spoke, her tone a low growl.
"What do you want Old Man? Another chance to tame me, or just force my subservience?"

The old man chuckled lightly, a knowing smile lighting his features. "Now now Nuncia, this one will be worth it. He is more up your alley than the last, and with your guidance could become a great doctor in this land...." he slid his gaze sideways, letting the news sink in.

And it didn't take long before the Sylvaan relaxed her aggressive stance, loosening her shoulders to level him a glare. "And what good will this doctor do if I just kill him? Hmm?" She crossed her arms, slipping a hand closer to the hilt of her kris held on her hip, not enjoying the manipulation this man did to her for fun.

This time it was him that levelled her with a glare that froze her bones in place, her hand inches from her weapon, her body paralyzed. "You will do no such thing. Now go and test him. He will be there shortly."

With no room left to argue, and his warning noted loud and clear, she felt herself being pulled from the woods and placed squarely in the middle of the road. A less used road, long and dusty, with the fields flat on either side, the sun beating from its evening position, a cool breeze rippling the grasses.

A fine place to meet anyone travelling, yet the Sylvaan was uneasy about this. There wasn't a tree in sight for miles, just rolling plains and fields. And worse yet, what if someone that wasn't the doctor came by and spotted her first? Sylvaan were hardly ever seen outside the woods, and without the protection of her trees, it wasn't as if she could surprise her quarry at all. And fighting fair just wasn't in her agenda most days. Survival over honour.

It was as she was scanning both horizons, wishing that this could just be done and over with so she could go back home, that she spotted a figure coming up along the road. With her eyesight better than most, she could make out simple clothes for travelling-- light brown pants and a white tunic-- but that wasn't what had her stare. No, it was the yellow scales that had her eyes narrowing, the hand at her hip stilled for the moment.

I really don't like you right now, old man. You know I don't kill animals I don't eat..... and I don't eat lizards, that's for sure.

With her scowl in place, her sharp features side lit from the evening glare, she waited for the trainee to see her, gauge his reaction to see if this was someone she had to introduce herself to, or if she could just get right into it. And with her hand hovering over the hilt of the rippled ritual dagger and her expression, there would be no need to ask what she was there for. At least, she hoped that was the case.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this was a little long for an opener, but I like to set the mood. Feel free to make your post smaller than mine, as long as its the min 2 paragraphs long~