It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:46 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tavern Brawl(fish-orb)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:20 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

(This will NOT be a friendly battle. Any character except Puotta and Zane is welcome to join, as long as they can explain what they?re doing in a tavern.)

It was a large room, taking up most of the building. Sparse magical lights wearing a cloak of smoke were suspended from the ceiling. They dimly illuminated the floor fifteen feet below and cast shadows in every direction. Curtained booths line three of the walls, with a bar occupying the fourth. The middle of the room is has a number of tables of varying sizes, seating those who don?t want the privacy of the booths. Drinks could be ordered directly at the bar, or brought to the table by one of the hirelings trotting around. At full occupancy, this space would seat 250, 130 of them in the 32 booths, 50 more at the bar, and the remaining 70 at the tables. This evening, the central area was packed. The room contained around 200 people, with most of the vacancies in booths with curtains drawn.

Joshen sat at the table in the corner opposite the door, a number of empty glasses in front of him. Sharing his table were a number of Marinsport rogues and a few sailors. The nearest booth to him had its curtain drawn, while in the next one two sailors and a dwarf were apparently too drunk to notice that the rogue playing cards with them was dealing seconds. He took another swig of his foul-tasting brew, and the men he was talking to followed suit with their ale. Unlike them, Joshen was sober, despite drinking heavily for hours; He had the bartender mix them his way, and his way tasted foul and smelled worse to disguise the fact that it contained very little alcohol. His purpose was not to get drunk, but to get those around him drunk enough that he could pump them for information.

The room?s volume tripled as a commotion started near the center of the room and quickly spread. Glass shattered, stools splintered and tables overturned. Many of the patrons exited right away; they knew a full-scale tavern brawl when they saw one. It spread like a fast-moving plague. Some men spontaneously fought as the wave swept over them, others were dragged into it unwillingly by those too drunk to know who just hit them. In the booth, the dwarf suddenly turned and picked up the rogue by his shirt, demanding the return of his gold, and the sailors followed suit. Joshen wanted no part of it, but the mob wouldn?t know that, and it occupied the position between him and the door. He decided it would be best to put his back to a vacant booth and wait it out.

Two men rushed him, wielding table legs. With practiced movements, he dodged the first, disarmed the second, and knocked both of them out with his fists. He held his ground, fighting attackers only long enough to redirect them elsewhere, or else knock them out and stow them in a booth.

After a few minutes of this, the texture of the fight changed. Having pegged him as a dangerous outsider, larger groups assailed him. Some were armed, but he never drew his own weapon, disarming them barehanded. He dealt each man that came for him a minor injury, here a punch to the gut, there a knuckle in the solar plexus, and here a shove that unbalanced the poor drunkard. At last, one of them grabbed onto his arm and pulled. The mob swarmed him, grabbing him in strong hands and shoving him into an area in the middle of the room that had been cleared of furniture.

The crowd surrounded an ellipsoid area, twenty feet by fifteen feet. Across the clearing stood another figure. The mob had found only two who could withstand it, and demanded that those two finish what a simple argument between two dwarves at the center table had started.

Last edited by MikeEB on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:35 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

The last thing Trevor remembered was himself in the air, about to stick the nut on some smug elf. That?s when the light took him again; the same narrator like voice spoke ?well done my child you have passed?. He awoke just past the sign he passed earlier. It was now getting dark. The Sun unlike in the field wasn?t so powerful. It was dragged from the sky like any other sun should. Trevor remembering his injuries clutched his chest. To his not too great surprise his ribs where no longer broken. ?What a strange place the dwarf pondered to himself. Elfs quicker than a falling dwarf, who can turn into shadows. Fields of endless day time with grass as far as the wee eye could see. Self healing ribs?

Trevor remembers been drunk moments before but now was sober and had no hangover. But most pleasing to the dwarf was his special homemade ale was now full again in his hip flask.

He carried on walking down the road, it was silent at this time of dusk, the sun lay low just peaking as if ready to retreat at the first sign of a fight. The road was solid yet old, the black gravel shifted slightly as the dwarf walked. At the end of the road the Dwarf found a Tavern.

Inside was like no Tavern the dwarf had ever been in. (There had been a lot) the room was huge hundreds of people sat on tables, at the bar and in strange booths that looked like they belonged in the theatre. It was relatively quiet tho, Trevor walked past groups of sailors fellow dwarves. He was in no mood for company. He sat by the bar, ?what will it be sir? Trevor looked up. A over perky male wood elf stood there washing a glass. ?Give mee ya stongest ale?

The ale wasn?t strong, not for Trevor he was used to stuff of his own creation that if drunk by a human would blind them (scientific fact alcohol over 85% can cause blindness that?s why human alcohol in drinks goes up to 50-60% max) yet it tasted nice it had been a good few weeks since he had drunk something that he could taste, before his taste buds went. He heard commotions behind him there was a full blown brawl by this time. A table leg hit Trevor in the back of the head. He scratched the itch. And Continued to Drink. This is when it all started. There was this one guy who stuck out from the crowed easily, disarming, knocking down pushing over the rest of the drunks. He did this semi-effortlessly with out resorting to real force or drawing his weapon. He knocked one drunk out the way who stumbled against the bar and with arm flailing knocked over the dwarf?s drink.
?Rite someone?s gona pay? shouted Trevor as he Drew Betty from her holder.

He then proceeded to charge the crowed knocking over people as he went using the axe as more as a deterrent than a weapon. Even tho several people didn?t take the hint at first,. until they lost a limb. After several seconds, Even the most drunk people found themselves backing away from the Dwarf who was now loving the fight.

As the Crowed wound him backed off he realised that there was also that fighter when cleverly disarmed the drunks, standing not 3 meters away. The rest of the patrons formed a circle like some school yard fight.
?Soo Friend who might ay have thee pleasure ov bloodyin up tonite? which is a traditional Dwarf greeting by the way. Its like a human saying hello what?s your name.

he waited for a response. ?wheel im Trevor Iron toe? and this, wheel this is betty? with that he ran towards the stranger with a light swing of the axe, not too fast, not too hard but a good way of testing this mysterious fighter.

(note all spelling mistakes made when Trevor speaks are intentional to show accent, ive toned it down abit)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:48 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

(A quick internet search shows that human drinks go up to 95% alcohol and that the effects of alcohol on vision depend on the amount of alcohol consumed rather than the concentration of the beverage)
(BTW, I?m assuming you?re attacking right-handed since you didn?t say otherwise.)

Suddenly, the mob was calm. Nearly everyone in the room was still. There were a few exceptions, such as two sailors in the background who were trying to bind the stump of their comrade?s arm. Recovering his composure, Joshen sized up his temporary rival.

Sizing down, more like. He can?t be more than four feet tall.

The next things he noticed were the axes. The short brawler had a large battle-axe in his hand, and several smaller ones strapped at various places on his body. The one in his hand already had a generous coat of blood. Also, the diminutive stranger seemed to be rather alcohol-tolerant; unlike the fools who rushed Joshen earlier, he would not fall over at the mere suggestion of being pushed. Joshen linked these details in order to a list of potential strategies.

I?m in an informal fight, so anything lethal?s out. He?s armed and dangerous, so I should give some care to self-preservation. He?s short, so I?ll have a range advantage if I can either disarm him or draw my own weapon. His axe can sever limbs, so I?ll bet it could break my spear if I?m not careful. He?s also drunk, so I may be able to push him around like the others, but I shouldn?t count on it.

Finally, I?m only here until the audience lets me leave. I only need to win in the eyes of the crowd.

There was a hush as the dwarf spoke. ?Soo Friend who might ay hav thee pleasure ov bloodyin up tonite??

It?s a strange greeting, but hey, I can adapt.

The tension in the room raised perceptibly. ?I?m known around here as Joshen. And who will I shortly have the honor of introducing to the flooring??

?Weel, I?m Trevvor Iron toe...? replied the dwarf.

Sounds civilized enough...

?...And this,? he said, lifting his axe slightly, ?wheel, this is Betty.? He lunged forward, slowly bringing his axe around in an attack on Joshen?s left side.

So much for staying civilized... He dashed forward into the face of the swing. The axe-head passed behind him as the hands holding it struck his belt, lacking the leverage to do damage through his armor.

Joshen was now inside the dwarf?s reach. From here, he could quickly strike anywhere on the dwarf?s left side, and had the option of breaking any of six different bones. Yet he had to try to end the fight without crippling the dwarf, so he settled for a tamer attack. He would plant his hands on the dwarf?s shoulders and give him a hard shove.

He took one extra step, moving his right foot across his body and planting it behind the dwarf?s left foot. He shifted his weight to his lead foot and went through with the shove. As he did so, he hooked his right foot around the drunken dwarf?s ankle, so that if he tried to stagger backwards he?d trip and fall over instead.

Even if successful, It would do little if any damage. However, it was also an appeal to the crowd as a daring maneuver against a heavily armed foe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:38 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

(Wow realy i know pure alchol can blind because of ma old science teach but i didnt think hummans could handle stuff as strong as 95% most ive had is 49% which basicaly Koed me after a few shots lol)

The half hearted swing had barely begun when Joshen Rushed forwards inside the swing right next to the dwarf. The only contact this concluded in was Trevors back of his hands. Hitting Joshen Belt, causing very little impact. With this the warrior picked his moves wisely, not wanting to cause any serious injury while there was still a chance of a non-crippling conflict. The warrior Grabbed Trevor?s shoulder and gave him a hard shove while simultaneously hooking his foot behind the dwarves.

Trevor being in many drunken fights had learned a few tricks tho, with battle axe still in hand the Dwarf fell back using his axes bace, (not the axe head ) which was slightly pointed, to scrape along the floor behind him, while now holding the axe?s pole near the Axe head. This action acted like a walking stick stopping him from falling, he regained composure. Now several feet separated the Two fighters as the crowed grew ever more impatient for bloodshed or at least some one to fall down.

?I hope you haven mistaken me for ny hold drunk? shouted Trevor defiantly. Staring Joshen in the eyes as if trying to read this strange warriors next move. *At least he hasn?t turned into a shadow yet* this thought comforted Trevor. As he again was faced by a much more maneuverable opponent than himself,

?Lets see joost see haw fast ye are? Trevor gain shouting, but this time it came out as a challenge.

Holding the Battle axe in his left hand, with the tip resting on the hard wood of the floor. His hand gripped the Axe half way down its long handle, by comparison the vertically-challenged man was only several inches taller than his axe. With his right hand reaching under his dull red-copper colored beard pulled out a Clean, well kept and sharp, Throwing axe. It glinted in the low light of the Tavern.

He quickly looked around. The looks of excitement of his own face was reflected in the ugly mugs of the sailors, dwarves and several other types of people, which aren?t worthy of a description. They all watched on with increased anticipation. As the Dwarf eyed up his opponent searching for any possible weakness. Then with a Grin on his face like he knew something that the rest of the place didn?t he released the Axe towards the Humans head.

--Expert axe thrower (medium skill)--

The axe flew through the air, with swift uncontrollable grace towards its victim. The axe was traveling fast as the new Hurlbat axes he had picked up where faster than his old style axes he was used to. The attack came swift but with the build up to the attack and the spectacle the dwarf was making Joshen would undoubtedly be ready for it.

the crowed grew silent, the faint sound of the axe "whiring" throgh the air could just about be heard

(Throwing axes 4/5 left)

(small aquatic bird comes to mind, 4 letters begins with a D*** lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:34 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Joshen took a sharp breath, and leaned backwards. (Combat Reflexes) He saw a fragment of his life flash before his eyes as the axe missed him by inches, but it was only his own face reflected by the polished blade. The axe continued its ascent, and a few seconds later he heard it clatter as it entered an abandoned booth on the far wall.

This guy definitely has a fair bit of experience fighting drunk. Most couldn?t throw that well even were they sober.

The mob was already getting restless. It knew how dwarves fought, and when he approached the dwarf unarmed, it had expected severed limbs and broken bones. Sorely disappointed, it blamed the dwarf for his incompetence, despite the fact that the last axe had been well-thrown. In the background, Joshen listened as a bookie marked the odds on the dwarf down to 3:1. He had gained no favor from his risky maneuver, but the dwarf had lost some of his initial backing.

The dwarf now had his axe in his off-hand only. Joshen lunged at him, throwing a highly visible right-handed punch toward the dwarf?s ribs... but sweeping his hand aside well before it landed, he grabbed at the dwarf?s weapon arm instead. The feint would draw attention, but his real attack was a heavy left-handed strike at the dwarf?s flushed face with a good three-feet of potential follow-through. Joshen was slightly uncomfortable about the high likelihood of breaking Trevor?s nose, but after the thrown axe such an attack was clearly justified.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:21 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

(aaaw what do you mean the axe flew into an abandoned booth lol I wanted to hit that elf Behind you. Cut his head form his body. party pooper lol )

The axe flew surprisingly fast and accurate to Trevor?s shock. For a second he thought he might actually hit the human. The axe flew for Joshen?s head. The warrior with his quick reflexes tilting his head backwards limbo-ed under the axe as it shot off into an abandoned Booth.

Joshen again charging the dwarf before Trevor had a chance to react there was a right fist flying towards his chest. As quickly as it came it changed direction grabbing Trevor?s left arm with his axe in it. Trevor quickly realized what was coming as. The left hand of Joshen now bunched in a fist was flying through the air towards his face.

For a dwarf Trevor was surprisingly quick at thinking in brawl type situations. He remembered an old dwarf saying *use your head* with this he thrust his forehead towards the on coming fist like Joshen Trevor had no desire of breaking his opponents hand this early in a battle but left with few other choices Trevor put all his available neck, head upper body power into the Hit, if the Joshen couldn?t redirect his hand quick he might lose the use of it. (special head butt used) (3/4 left)

After the short scuffle Trevor managed to shake lose Joshen hand on his left hand. Then taking a few steps back addressed the warrior again.

?DON?T TAKE ME FOR A FOOL? Trevors words bellowed from his lungs.
Trevor breaved in the smell of sweat, tobacco smoke and other Tavern related smells passed up his nostrils.

He calmed down for a second. "Yoo seem lak an honorable fighter Joshen, soo doo mhe the honor of drawing your weapon. Let?s trooly see whooo is the best fighter here . Stop holding back and treating me like some Drunk who couldn?t beat his way out of a Dwarfagarden classroom" (1st year mining school for Dwarves ages 4-5). Trevor's weapon now lowered but in a position so it could be raised again at a moments noticed stood there patiently. Waiting for his opponents response.

The crowed watching every move and listening to every syllable as the Dwarf spoke. Looking back at the warrior they also wanted to see a fight, not a playground push-around.

(am in 2 minds lol one the one hand breaking your hand would give me a great advantage for the rest of the fight. on the other hand its too early yet and i want to see some of these spear skills ive read about)

(Throwing axes 4/5 left)
(head butt 3/4 left)

Last edited by fish-orb on Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:25 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

(That headbutt was a mistake. I now get to apply Newton?s third law of motion.)

Instead of making any attempt to dodge, the dwarf thrust his head forward into the oncoming fist. Fist hit skull with a loud thud clearly audible to the audience. A jolt ran up his arm, numbing his knuckles and sending rays of fire up his nerves.

Knockout! That feint worked better than I expected.

As the dwarf fell backwards, Joshen released his grip on the axe. Yet if Trevor blacked out at all, it was only for a second. He was able to regain his balance by taking a step backwards.

I wonder if he even feels anything through the booze...

The dwarf?s face grew red to match the hue of the three almond-sized red marks where his knuckles hit. He opened his mouth and out came a mass of red rage and dark frustration mixed with just a hint of pain:

?DON?T TAKE ME FOR A FOOL?

The crowd, which had grown louder with a solid hit, became silent. Joshen took a deep breath. He flexed his hand as the numbness crept off like a slug, leaving a slimy trail of pain. It?s too late for that. By now, even the mob agrees with me.

A change came over the dwarf. The color drained from his face, once again leaving a pattern of red on his forehead. With obvious effort, he swallowed his temper long enough to speak. "You seem like an honorable fighter Joshen...? What happened to his accent? ?...so do me the honor of drawing your weapon. Let?s truly see who the best fighter here is. Stop holding back and treating me like some Drunk who couldn?t beat his way out of a Dwarfagarden classroom"

Joshen inhaled slowly, considering this odd statement. Although it appeared to be an attempt at saving face -the crowd certainly thought of it that way- the dwarf seemed sincere about it. Smoke swirled a few feet above their heads, and in the background one could hear ale draining from a punctured barrel. An insect flew between the two rivals.

At length, he spoke. Much of the audience would be unimpressed by such a dry retort, but he would give the rest of them something to think about.

?There?s little honor found in killing someone in a tavern, and even less in being killed in one. If you want to judge skill, fists will do as well as weapons. Far from holding back, I intend to give the highest display of skill, to subdue a worthy foe without resorting to crude methods such as death.?

He cracked his knuckles, then reached behind him with his left hand and unslung his spear. Oh what the heck. I may as well show off a bit. He twisted it as he withdrew it, spinning it five times quickly in a finger roll before snapping it into his right with the blunt end forward. It felt good to loosen his fingers after the earlier shock. He closed the gap between himself and the dwarf. In the background he could hear the bookie marking Trevor down to even odds, but he also heard some muttering about the fact that he held the spear with the wrong end forwards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:53 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

(after some vigorous testing, mainly slapping myself then, head butting my hand while slapping my self. I in fact discovered that your was right it would hurt me more. o god lol )
(ooopsey on the accent lol. I edited the post, only the speech)

Trevor?s plan had backfired. He had caused himself. More damage to his forehead then was initially possible with the force Joshen put behind the attack. Although the shift of the inpact point caused Trevor to have a rather saw head rather than a broken nose.

?There?s little honor found in killing someone in a tavern, and even less in being killed in one.?

The rest of the sentence was blocked out as Trevor thought about this. The hole concept of this confused him. ?Soo yoou say it is the arena wtich makes the match. Watis soo different aboot fightin in A tavern than anywhere else ??. Trevor still confused by this concept.

?I tink its ta warrirors that makes the match Honer able !!! ? Trevor looked around at the crowd, he no longer fought for them. He didn?t give a Trolls, lower back, what they thought. He knew he was better than them. In Trevor?s head there was now only 3 people in the room, himself his opponent. And the Young female dwarf at the bar with the yellow beard. Which was in some sort of neat plated formation.

He watched as Joshen pulled out his spear. The exitment grew in Trevor. The real battle had just started. And Trevor knew it wasn?t going to be easy. But what he did know was, that it was going to be fun.

Trevor now held his Axe in both his hands left lower than the right. Watching eagerly at his opponent. Trevor ran Forwards towards the spear welding human. As he got in range he preformed a quick vertical swing. From over his head towards Joshen.

(Throwing axes 4/5 left)
(head butt 3/4 left)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:56 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

(I think this is the first time I?ve ever physically hurt the guy on the other end of an RP battle.)
Joshen saw the attack coming with plenty of time to block it. He moved his staff a few inches and froze. How do you parry an axe? Instinct took over and he sidestepped the attack. It grazed his shoulder at a shallow angle, diverted by his leather. Curse these unfamiliar weapons. A sideways strike would have sliced me in half. The axe hit the wooden floor with a loud thwack, splitting a board.

The dwarf would now need a second or two to return his heavy axe to the ready position, and Joshen intended to take full advantage of it. He executed a well-practiced combo, each blow sliding into the next in a seemingly effortless manner. knee-arm-head. The first strike came at the side of the knee at a low angle to trip up the dwarf. The rebound from this sped the spearhead along on its way to slash at the dwarf?s shoulder, and then the blunt end came from below at the sensitive area between his legs, adjusted for his reaction to the first two strikes. The three blows between them took under a second. (Staff Art)

Joshen disengaged and reversed his spear again, point forward. The crowd would doubtless enjoy the display of finesse. I might be able to get some more information from him.

?For sure, you aren?t from around here. Where did you come from and what are you doing in Marinsport??

(Staff Art 1x left this page)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:20 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

(im a Dwarf beserker !!! im made to take n give hits lol)

Trevor?s attack at yet again failed. The Human easily evaded the attack and in the time it took Trevor to readjust his position. Joshen Unleased with increasable speed. A flurry of attacks. Using his spear hit Trevor in the knee in an attempt to trip Trevor. Trevor barely managed to stay on his feet when. Another lightning fast follow through. He managed to catch Trevor?s shoulder with his spear point. A light trickle of blood flowed from the small cut down his arm where the attack had ripped his shirt.. Trevor watching all this unfold saw the Spear get twisted and the blunt end speeding towards his? his? mmm his private regions.

He had been in too many fights with people who liked to play dirty. He would not be caught out again. With his axe still held in hand he quickly re positioned it to parry the spear. There was a large metal clang as the Spear connected with the metal of the Battle Axes handle.

The vibration went up Trevor?s arm like a shockwave. He felt it go past his shoulder to his neck and disperse through some of his finer beard hairs. Both fighters took a step back as if to asses each other again. Trevor was lightly wounded. A small cut on his left shoulder (not specified what you hit ) and Still a quite considerable fist mark on his forehead. Trevor was used to this. Every fight he had been in except the exception of a few. Fights generally resulted in light injury?s. He was used to them by now. Luckily fore him being a Dwarf made him naturally resistant with thick skin and a will power not to be equalled.

?For sure, you aren?t from around here. Where did you come from and what are you doing in Marinsport??

Trevor loosed up a bit. It was clear the fighter wanted to talk. Trevor stood there for a moment considering two things. One his opponent?s question. And two whether he should answer or just Attack. After a few seconds of thinking Trevor realised he had nothing against this human. Heck he was finally getting a good fight.

?Marinsport ay. Tis that where I am.? Trevor looked slightly puzzled realing he hadn?t known where he was for a long time.

?My boosness ? ? am joost Travlin. Goot no placeee to goo yet .but al find me a purpose sooonE or leeter? Trevor took a few moments to think about his current position in life. Having been travelling ever since his wife was murdered and the Village burned.

?ar Betty al be seein yar again, one of these days?? wisped Trevor to him self under his berth. Taking a look at his battle axe again.

?and your sef ? whoot you doin in these parts ?? Now addressing his opponent again.

Trevor kept looking up at the strange mystical lighting through the smoke. While keeping an eye on his opponent.

(Throwing axes 4/5 left)
(head butt 3/4 left)

(soz about the w8 i had some college work wich needed to be done. and a totaly for got about this site am ok now good to go :D)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:28 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

(A berserker not attacking O.O that hit to the head must have knocked something loose.)

A jolt like lightning passed between his navel and his heart as Joshen?s spear came away bloody. His question also connected, penetrating the dwarf?s alcohol-fogged brain, and there was a lull in the fighting as he tried to make sense of it.

The wound?s not too serious, but he?ll lose blood if he doesn?t bind it -- which he probably won?t in his state. I usually shouldn?t do this in an informal fight, but it was well within my rights given his axe. &%$#@, I need to come up with a way to counter that thing.

The layer of smoke along the ceiling threw patchy shadows over the makeshift arena; the lighting conditions were desirable for drinking but not for fighting. He glanced his armor where the axe had struck. A decent sized patch of leather had been scuffed, and a two-inch-square tile had been ripped loose. It would be the work of ten minutes to repair afterwards.

After a few stalls, the dwarf finally got his brain running again, at least enough to say his muddled thoughts out loud. ?Marinsport... ay... Tis that where I am... My boosness? ? am joost Travlin... Goot no placeee to goo yet... but al find me a purpose sooone or leeter...? he dissolved into muttering.

While the dwarf was distracted, Joshen spotted someone near the front of the crowd still calling out even odds. A crowd formed around him, looking to place their bets with him and hedge them elsewhere, but he quickly amended them to three-to-two. Meanwhile, his adversary had recovered enough to launch his own clumsy question.

?and your sef ? whoot you doin in these parts??

Now it was Joshen?s turn to think. First off, the full truth?s out. I?ve spent the last few hours avoiding answering that question straight. Second, I have no reason to lie. And finally, I need to give an answer that the crowd can understand.

?I?m a mercenary here on business. I?m taking a look at the local weaponry.? The first statement was nothing he hadn?t already said in this tavern, but was true on more levels than it sounded. He wouldn?t even be in the tavern if not for professional reasons. The second was true on a more literal level, as he was currently dealing with the owner of an oversized axe.

Once again, he sized up the dwarf from a different angle, looking for weaknesses of yet another type.

He?s drunk enough that he doesn?t know where he is, so he?s well-watered. This means he?s likely to suffer from poor judgment. His vision will be blurred and he?ll have great difficulty tracking several objects at once. He?ll also have dulled reflexes and difficulty keeping his balance, although he doesn?t seem to be having balance issues...

How would the older mercenaries approach this midget? Pratos would have knocked him out with the first punch. He?d knock the axe out of line and go for the knockout. Ardur would have disarmed him by now. He?d wait for an attack, then trap the axe and bash his knuckles until he let go. And I can?t even knock him down or disarm him without drawing blood.

The best I can do is take advantage of his alcohol fog.

He circled the dwarf clockwise, and with only slight effort from his right hand, moved the butt of his spear in tight circles to draw the dwarf?s attention. It was likely that the dwarf, given his state of severe intoxication, would fail to track either him or the spear.

(and remember I?m still holding the spear with the blunt end forward.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:59 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

(Really sorry about the delay ma parents had a huge bust up ending in a divorce and so ma internet access has been compromised. I?m now using colleges PCs to post from so I should be posting at least once a day again now.)

The battle had taken an unexpected break in fighting both fighter still engaged in what could be called a convocation. Although they rarely lasted when one member was an alcohol enriched dwarf who wanted to hack something. And the other a quiet mercenary. a man of few words who had just been attacked by the Dwarf.

?I?m a mercenary here on business. I?m taking a look at the local weaponry.?

Trevor considered this response and realized that his opponents skill must come from him being a professional fighter. as quickly as the talk had started it was over.
Joshen looking for Trevor?s weak points again, he took the spear facing it towards Trevor blunt end first and as he circled Trevor he waved his spear in a circular motion trying to draw the Dwarf in.

It suddenly dawned on Trevor like a tone of bricks falling from heaven, like from some incapable and clumsy angel trying his hand at DIY. Trevor realized that Joshen misunderstood his drunken state. Trevor had always failed at proper communication ever since the incident. He hearty mumbled and but emphasis on words where it wasn?t needed. Trevor smirked to him self, ?the fool he thinks I?m too drunk to fight, ha lets see if I can catch him off guard? Trevor?s thoughts now focused on the battle, his mind usually not good at figuring out complex things now like a disturbed wasps nest, both in the facts his mind was buzzing as well as disturbed.

Then with a sudden burst of speed Trevor jumped backwards, and suddenly the other patrons who had being non existent in Trevor?s mind suddenly had appeared in his plan and in his reality. With his axe still in hand he ran back wards, the blunt end of his axe facing backwards. Slammed it into a sailor, mmm? private lower regions. The man instantly fell to his knees.

Trevor focused, ?make or break time? dropping his battle axe on the floor next to the unexpected footstool, Trevor the using the keeled over man as a step jumped in the air. The jump was very impressive in dwarf standards about a meter and a half off the floor. While airborne he drew two more throwing axes. This maneuver Trevor had practiced and used so many it was like second nature.

Trevor let of his axes at the highest point of his jump, giving them extra speed due to gravities pull and his momentum. The first axe flew towards Joshen left leg and the second her threw some where through the layers of smoke on the roof. Seconds later the clear sounds of a metal chain being cut and a gasp from the crowed as a strange magic looking chandelier came crashing down towards Joshen who was hopefully distracted by the other axe which was coming at him very fast about the speed of an arrow.

Flying Axes medium Special (used 2/3 left)

Trevor landed not far from where he had jumped from with his battle axe only a few steps behind him. He glanced up to see what damage he had managed to do.

(note part of my special makes the axes fly as fast as arrows)

(Flying Axes 2/3 left)
(Throwing axes 2/5 left)
(head butt 3/4 left
)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:33 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

There?s gotta be some way to block an axe. Maybe if I treat it as a different but similar weapon, I can come up with something.

The dwarf leapt backwards. Joshen returned with a jolt to a ready state. The dwarf took a look over his shoulder, shifted his grip and thrust his axe backwards into the man behind him.

What the... The Mercenary Code had rules for tavern fights, and most of those rules dealt with relatively innocent bystanders. The dwarf had just violated at least eight separate clauses. That was foolish, and you will regret doing it. We have rules on that for a reason.

The crowd shrank away from the dwarf as the sailor collapsed. He had stepped over one line too many; with one of their own down, this was no longer a matter to gamble over. From here in, they would hinder the dwarf in any way they could without risking further injury.

Seemingly oblivious to this, the dwarf dropped his battle axe and withdrew a pair of smaller axes, each resembling the one he threw earlier. Then, he hopped up onto the half-prone sailor and hurled himself into the air. For a moment, he towered over Joshen, with both axes held even higher. Joshen shifted the grip on his spear slightly for quicker blocking.

The twin axes left his hands and flew in different directions. One of them was way off, arcing upward in a course that would take it well over his head. The other came straight at him -- and fast.

Reflex took over; Joshen snapped his right leg and the staff into a Full Guard. This position was the last resort of a mercenary against missile attacks. He turned sideways with his right side facing the attack. He held his spear flush against his side, braced at his leg, at his hand halfway up, and at his shoulder. Thus placed, it covered the middle half of his cross-section and sat square in the path of any direct hit.

The axe would have been a direct hit. Instead, his spear deflected it. One of its secondary blades sliced through Joshen?s pants to slice the back of his legs. It skittered along the floor into the depths of the crowd.

He won?t be seeing that axe again.

A glance at the spear showed it to be splintered where the axe hit. Just then, Joshen heard a crash from above his head. He looked up to see something large and bright falling at him from above.

&^%???$#@

He had time to lean away and turn his head before it struck the tip of his spear. Parts flew off, but most of the object landed intact on top of him, knocking him to the ground.

It was one of the light fixtures from the ceiling. Since it was magical in nature, light still glowed within, first reflecting off the mirrored inner surfaces and then scattering from the outer ones, bathing patches of his chest in soft, white light.

He raised it a few inches with his spear and slipped out from underneath. Luckily, since it was a magical fixture it was somewhat lighter and less likely to catch him on fire. He ached in a number of places, even through his armor.

He glanced up to see the dwarf looking at him. He also saw an irate sailor with a knife, going in for a stab at the dwarf?s unprotected back. And on the other side of the sailor was the dwarf's axe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:15 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

(Now the battles getting good lol)

The first Axe flew, fast and accurate towards the mercenary; Joshen quickly altered his position with his spear in an attempt to block this axe. The axe flying at an increasable speed hit the spear, the axe deflected away from the any direct hit to Joshen, instead one of the secondary blades on the back of the axe head caught the back of Joshen leg. Cut through his clothes and left a cut. Joshen strared at Trevor with anger and discust for the fact he was bringing ?innocent people into the fight?

*Trevor considered this innocents; they had started the fight, they where betting on the fight, chanting, shouting, insulting, innocent??? *

Trevor Grinned, with his injury and newly found anger Joshen had failed to notice the light fixture hurtling towards him. Upon hearing the chain break, he looked up. Some vulgar words best left unsaid, where said. He managed to get his head out of the way before the light fixture made contact. His spear blocked little of the object as the rest of it collided with the mercenary.

Trevor now pleased that he was giving as good as he was taking in this fight, watched on. Slightly smug in his attitude. ?that weeL Teach Yooo to underestimate a Dwarf ? shouted Trevor to his adversary who was currently trying to get himself out from the under the magically enchanted light. Which was still slightly glowing a dull shade of brilliant yellow around Joshen. The mercenary had a some what godly glow around him, this made him seem like some sort of savior, at least to the people in the Tavern he was there favorite now. Yet despite this Trevor didn?t care. He was enjoying this fight. Although most people, wanted Joshen to win, after Trevor?s last attack, several people put bets on and I quote ?the short one?. You?ll find money over honor in most places in this world.

Trevor was going to use this opportunity to Retrieve Betty and be ready for what ever the warrior had ready for him. He turned there was an angry looking sailor with a medium sized Dagger in his hand looking for a bit of pay back for the earlier incident. Trevor looked the man up and down. He was human, probably he smelt like an Orc. But sailors rarely shower. He was slightly well built, dark and unkempt hair.

The man lunged for Trevor, he was slowing in his attack, in these fighters standards anyway. Trevor stepped to the left while swinging his right fist upwards towards the man.
The Dagger caught Trevors right side lightly, leaving a slight scratch. A small amout of blood appeared, luckly for Trevor Dwarves are naturealy thick skinned. His fist made contact with the mans chest. A loud ?DUFF? noise could be heard. The man?s head lowered just as Trevor?s left fist which was now clenched as tight as a rock uppercutted towards it. They collided the sailor fell to the floor and was sparked out on the ground.

He stepped on and over the man to Retrieve his axe picked it up and turned to face Joshen he looked at his new cut, it had already clotted and stopped bleeding.

(I wont attack a man who?s down????. not yet at least :twisted: )

(Flying Axes 2/3 left)
(Throwing axes 2/5 left)
(head butt 3/4 left)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:35 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

(I said he attacked your back. Oh well.)

While the dwarf was busy taking down the angry sailor, Joshen put the distraction to good use. He ripped two strips of cloth loose from his torn pants and used one to bind the other over the cut on his leg. In this kind of an informal, drawn out fight, blood loss could gradually weaken you until you could no longer fight. The midget with the axe did not seem to realize this, for the red patch on his tunic sleeve was still expanding at a slow, barely detectable rate.

Two men stepped out of the crowd and hauled the stricken sailor to the sidelines. Someone else ran to the bar to pick up a shot of brandy. Joshen retrieved his spear and stepped back into the fight. An air of solemnity fell over him. Unlike the rowdy crowd, for him this was no joking matter. Spearhead and axehead crossed at ready between giant and dwarf, one pointed at the ceiling, the other at the floor.

I?ve got a reach advantage, but he has a weight advantage. The axe?s shaft may be long enough to pull some staff tricks. I wonder if...

He moved. Spear and axe touched, pole to pole. Then, the blade of the spear sped towards the dwarf?s hand. The poles remained in contact. It was something Joshen had done before, using the pole of his opponent?s weapon as a guide. It worked on the principle that either the dwarf?s hands would be at the bottom of the pole when his slash arrived like that of a knife, or they wouldn?t be. Either way, the dwarf find it... difficult... to hold onto the axe.

He really didn't want to cut off any fingers, but he didn't see any tamer alternatives.