It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sling ammo?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:34 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Slings, unlike bows and crossbows, only come with one shot's worth of ammo. From the description, sling users are expected to scavenge debris if they wish to shoot more than once; however, not all settings come with a convenient pile of correctly-sized stones. The store doesn't seem to have any suitable ammo either, and barring a barrage of miscellaneous items there's no way of getting any without using a Custom. So, we should either
*Allow sling-users to carry a few extra rocks
or
*Sell a blunt throwing weapon that's suitable for use in a sling

Post subject: Re: Sling ammo?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:38 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

1g misc item of 'Random Rock.' lol

or just use a weak skill saying you always carry a large supply of rocks with you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:45 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Or just always make opening posts and make sure you state that there are random rocks strewn about.

"They were in the middle of a giant temple, with priests and acolytes milling about... also there were small sling-sized rocks everywhere."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:03 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

It seems the DI world isn't very ranged weapon friendly.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:37 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

I think with 17 items in the Ranged category on the Equipment page, we're more than ranged weapon friendly.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:00 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

The point was only 6 allow unlimited shots (not exactly historically accurate)*. 2 are weaker and two have great requirements. That leaves the two middle ones. Both have negatives. Now, everything has pros and cons, and it doesn't necessarily not make sense to do it that way.

*without retrieving it, also there are boomerangs, but they can be deflected and you do have to wait for them to return.

I suppose you could have a better version with unlimited sling bullets.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:03 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

123ff wrote:
(not exactly historically accurate)

We're not aiming for historical accuracy, we're aiming for gameplay balance. Also, if you read the description for 'shot' weapons, they come with all of the ammo that they need.

In reality though, you're right. DI isn't a very ranged friendly place because just about all of the characters use melee weapons and get up close and personal as fast as possible. Most people that use ranged weapons - such as myself - use them to cover an advance or counter an incoming charge.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:50 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Well I guess I have an irrational fear of fighting a person you can't reach. But you may have convinced me to give it a shot anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:22 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Ive come across more than my fair share of ranged weapons users, and against an up close and personal meelee hand to hand combat fighter like myself, I have two words for it.

It. Sucks.

They tend to clip me before I can even get to them, and then by the time I do get to them, Im basically disabled from wailing them into oblivion because of the damage.... though I am not meaning this to sound as if I am complaining or anything, because I do have a point to this;

Ranged weapons, when used and wielded effectively, are more than enough to take down opponents (though alays have a dagger or something close ranged just in case) that are melee class, and with a good skill set, ranged weapons users can get out of dodge and strike.

The world may not be friendly to those that used ranged weapons off the hop, but then again. Ranged weapons arent very friendly right back, if you have it all worked out.