It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:52 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Druid Cleanup Pt II
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:22 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Yozshand wrote:
Quote:
New description: The druid creates lots of mushrooms that grow on his head. They secrete a horrible stench so that people coming close can get have difficulty breathing, suffer from watery eyes and an upset stomach. The druid himself is immune to the stench, but will find his nose stuff up as a consequence.

What does everybody think of that? Is that more agreeable, SSK, MikeEB?

That seems fine with me, there are actually quite a few incantations that I find in need of good nerfing or just downright replaced. Though you say "can get have difficulty breathing," =P Also we could add a lie of, "These effects can be negated or at least lessened by holding one's nose shut." Just a thought for those one handed weapon's users.

Also the revised sheet we agreed upon for the druid hasn't been updated. I'm not sure if it was waiting on a second vote of approval or not. Just felt like bugging you about it. lol

Post subject: Re: Poll: Druided Scrub Hunt
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:26 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

I'll be honest, I just typed that up really quick as it came to my mind. I'm glad you find the change agreeable though. Which druid update are you talking about? Could you link me? Finally, if you wouldn't mind pointing out some of the incantations that you think should be replaced/fixed, that would be awesome.

Edit: MSS helped me out.

Is this the topic to which you were referring?

http://www.maganicwars.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=20230

If so, then yes, I agree to these changes as I did before.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:47 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20230

Flames of Dragon need changed or at least reworded. Their limitation of 3 uses per battle is... well not a limitation at all. that's still 12 posts of breathing fire.

Bore is an incantation that's just a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

One of the biggest issues in which I already changed in my version, was saying all the powerful incantations can't be used on the first page, instead of can't be used until after the second page... Since with 6 posts of growth, needing to wait for the last page will leave you with 1 or 2 posts for your powerful incantation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:01 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

- I happen to like bore...it's hilarious. The reason why it's a medium is because it's pretty impractical. But if you can find something for it...then go for it!

- I also wouldn't mind dropping Flames of the Dragon to two uses per battle.

- If you actually look at the powerful incantations (with the exception of Nature's Champion) despite the fact that they are poorly worded, most of them indicate that they can be cast on the second page (equivalent to having to wait until after the first). Essentially, your cleanup streamlines the wording...which is a good thing.

- I also like the change for stench buds - with the amendment proposed. Smell is definitely a defeatable prospect. (And now, I need to go back and get Grimmar for those battles...)

- Just as a side note, I think that if we're going to keep allowing extension of incantation time type skills as a starting skill (medium, usually), we need to make sure that there's some kind of drawback or reserve it for strong. (Mod note mostly.)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:15 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Yozshand wrote:
Also, this battle has raised a balance issue with Stench buds and as such I'm going to modify it, as that only seems right.

I think this fight was unwinnable (except by killing the other character - that's still an automatic win, right?) given that I had made a commitment to short posts and not reacting in detail to Stench Buds every post was a perceived fairness issue.

Yozshand wrote:
Quote:
New description: The druid creates lots of mushrooms that grow on his head. They secrete a horrible stench so that people coming close can get have difficulty breathing, suffer from watery eyes and an upset stomach. The druid himself is immune to the stench, but will find his nose stuff up as a consequence.

What does everybody think of that? Is that more agreeable, SSK, MikeEB?

Nose stuff up isn't necessarily the side effect you want - I think it'd be better for the druid to lose his sense of smell but not suffer further sinus distress.

Also, that was pretty much how I was playing it (replacing watery eyes with coughing) when Joshen was close (which I avoided as much as possible).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:18 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

I would be really pleased to have something more definite than 'close' added to the description.

How close is close? It seem reasonable that the general understanding that powerful odours are quite gross even at a fair distance (usually) may lead to further 'fairness issues', especially with subjective terms being used to explain the range of its full effects.

Personally, I don't really care what the buds do. Certainly, toning down the character control on a weak is a good idea, but without the ranges clarified, I can't see how the proposed change will actually improve character reaction to the growth.

If the range of effect was stated, it would be very easy to say EB never underplayed it's effects.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:33 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

maybe good wording would be "affecting anyone in melee combat." maybe some flavor text of "wouldn't touch that with a 10ft pole." lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:19 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

A five foot radius seems appropriate, as well as the druid losing sense of smell. It IS a weak, correct?

Stop being the prisoner of your past, become the architect of your future.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:59 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

5 feet is acceptable I think. I would rather them get stuffed up, myself, since that's an actual drawback in battle. Losing one's sense of smell isn't really a drawback, but not being able to breathe through one's nose is.

As for Dragon Breath: The wording is a little messy, but it does actually specify that it only allows 3 instances of actually breathing fire per battle, regardless of how many times the incantation is refreshed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:23 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

either debuff won't really affect the dead so doesn't really matter to me. Though i will agree that a stuffy nose would make more sense. But can I have a finalized version of this update so i can change it on my character page? lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:12 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Stench Buds: A cluster of mushrooms sprouts from the top of the druid's head. They secrete a horrible stench in a 5 foot radius so horrible that people coming close can get have difficulty breathing, suffer from watery eyes and an upset stomach. The druid himself is immune to the stench, but will find his nose stuff up as a consequence. Weak Incantation / 3 posts to grow.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:55 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

What if you threw the mushrooms? Would the smell follow the shroom, or is it only stuck to the druid? (Possible special for druids?)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:11 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Smell of war: Miguel has learned how to detach the mushrooms from stench buds. He can only detach one at a time to be thrown with the accuracy of a rock. As they aren't the most aerodynamic projectiles they tend to lose moment when thrown long distances. 2x per battle? lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:14 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Azazel wrote:
Smell of war: Miguel has learned how to detach the mushrooms from stench buds. He can only detach one at a time to be thrown with the accuracy of a rock. As they aren't the most aerodynamic projectiles they tend to lose moment when thrown long distances. 2x per battle? lol

You would also have to note that each individual mushroom only has a radius of 2ft smell effect, and that with each thrown mushroom the druids stench buds decreases in a foot radius; and after that you get the add on that if you get hit by a mushroom/step on it, the stench follows you for X/posts. So if you were to hit him in the face, hes dying for 3 posts. Very high distraction rating that has. Breathe through your mouth if you dare.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:15 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Given that druids can't get specials, this discussion is pretty well moot. There's a reason the mushrooms grow in a large cluster - each individual one doesn't give off much stink, but altogether they do.